New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Mallside 9: Waaagh!

[Food Court]

"Alright, alright. That was a poor assumption on my part - but I don't know how gobbuns go about bartering. I've seen weirder things before than it being acceptable to take stuff and pay for it later. A-and this place is weird. Most place accept basically all forms of currency. I don't, uh, I don't really have the small change to pay for most small things exactly, so I figure it's easy just to give them something considerably more valuable. If it's clearly worth more than what I ask for then a little headache is worth it, right?" Gustav rubs his head and laughs awkwardly as he sits down cross-legged on the floor beside Knibs. As he does so, the tail just sort of slowly recedes and vanishes.

"There should be maps of the mall somewhere, I imagine. If you guys intend to keep using this place for your first forays out in the day, it'd be worth you knowing your way around it. So you know exactly where to direct suckers like me who fall for your cute charming nature."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Food Court]

"Alright, alright. That was a poor assumption on my part - but I don't know how gobbuns go about bartering. I've seen weirder things before than it being acceptable to take stuff and pay for it later. A-and this place is weird. Most place accept basically all forms of currency. I don't, uh, I don't really have the small change to pay for most small things exactly, so I figure it's easy just to give them something considerably more valuable. If it's clearly worth more than what I ask for then a little headache is worth it, right?" Gustav rubs his head and laughs awkwardly as he sits down cross-legged on the floor beside Knibs. As he does so, the tail just sort of slowly recedes and vanishes.

"There should be maps of the mall somewhere, I imagine. If you guys intend to keep using this place for your first forays out in the day, it'd be worth you knowing your way around it. So you know exactly where to direct suckers like me who fall for your cute charming nature."
    Food Court

"Well, Essy got dragged off by a cow-man and a magical cat before she could finish exploring, so we're doing what we can. And maybe I was a bit hard on you just for ruffling my hair." Knibs admits, bowing his head contritely for a moment.

"Yer pretty cool, anyway. Not just how you look, you've got a good attitude. Wanna just walk through the food court and go for whatever smells the tastiest?" This seems like the most obvious plan to Knibs, who has never heard of the kind of trash food that is sold at fairs and carnivals, and would probably immediately regret such a decision as soon as the deep fried pickle hit his tongue.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court

Amidst the fast-food suppliers and burger bars are a few fancier restaurants. One is called 'Krikebulin's Kobold Cuisine', and it smells... Interesting. Very meaty, as kobolds can't digest plant protein and don't provide vegetarian dishes. But the meat is unusual, and the restaurant's cave-like decor was designed to make subterranean races feel at home. Best of all, though, is it's divided into two sections- one human-scale, with tall chairs and tables, and one shorter one, for kobolds, halflings and similar individuals that aren't human-sized. And that's not all! There's a row of tables where the two halves meet, so a human-sized person can sit and eat with a smaller one without it being awkward for either party, and all chairs are open at one side to make a space for those with tails.

I don't know if a kobold's diet of lizard, cave-cricket and fungus is appealing to gobbuns, but it's there.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1354

[Food Court]

Kobolds! Gustav is very fond of kobolds.

"Oh, hey a kobold restaurant! I'm very fond of kobolds!"

See?

"They're very loyal, y'know, and hardworking. Well, at least the ones I knew were. Never asked for much in return, they were happy with their lot in life. Ah, b-but I made sure to treat them fairly of course! When you have such loyal servants working for you, you make sure to-" Gustav blinks and coughs awkwardly, "Sorry. I'm rambling. I like kobolds, so we should eat at the kobold restaurant, 'kay?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #1355

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Food Court

Amidst the fast-food suppliers and burger bars are a few fancier restaurants. One is called 'Krikebulin's Kobold Cuisine', and it smells... Interesting. Very meaty, as kobolds can't digest plant protein and don't provide vegetarian dishes. But the meat is unusual, and the restaurant's cave-like decor was designed to make subterranean races feel at home. Best of all, though, is it's divided into two sections- one human-scale, with tall chairs and tables, and one shorter one, for kobolds, halflings and similar individuals that aren't human-sized. And that's not all! There's a row of tables where the two halves meet, so a human-sized person can sit and eat with a smaller one without it being awkward for either party, and all chairs are open at one side to make a space for those with tails.

I don't know if a kobold's diet of lizard, cave-cricket and fungus is appealing to gobbuns, but it's there.
    [Food Court]

Kobolds! Gustav is very fond of kobolds.

"Oh, hey a kobold restaurant! I'm very fond of kobolds!"

See?

"They're very loyal, y'know, and hardworking. Well, at least the ones I knew were. Never asked for much in return, they were happy with their lot in life. Ah, b-but I made sure to treat them fairly of course! When you have such loyal servants working for you, you make sure to-" Gustav blinks and coughs awkwardly, "Sorry. I'm rambling. I like kobolds, so we should eat at the kobold restaurant, 'kay?"
    Food Court

"Never met a kobold, but I smell lizard, and that's always nice. We sometimes get care packages from Auntie after a big kill in the Grounds, and it's usually some kind of massive implacable death-lizard. Reminds me of home." The lesser smell of fungus doesn't really bother him, though gobbuns aren't much for the softer vegetation. They prefer a root you can really grind down your chompers on. Looks like he'll be eating carnivorously this lunch.

"So you had servants?" Knibs asks, noting the past tense.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Orc in the Playground

Food Court- Krikebulin's Kobold Cuisine

They'll be met by a reptilian waiter, or possibly waitress. They're just under three feet tall, with digitigrade legs, a long, stiff tail and three-fingered hands. It has dark green scales, clearly polished, with a bronze-coloured ridge of spines along its back; the claws on its feet and hands are the same colour. Its face is pointed and looks like most depictions of a velociraptor's, except without any feathers, and it has gold eyes. It wears a specially-tailored black waistcoat and trousers. The colours differ amongst the staff, but not the uniform nor the body shape, with no mammalian dimorphism. This one is larger than most of the others, and it has scales darker than most of the smaller kobolds.

"Greetingss, sssirss. I asssume you are male, I have not ssseen your like before, but you match what I know of mammalian massculinity. If I am wrong, pleassse correct me." The latter is addressed to Knibs. "My name iss Ssaliss. If you find itss pronuncsiation tricky, pleasse call me Ssally. Have either of you vissited before?" Salis has a slight hiss to their voice, but they are understandable. They will also lead the duo to one of the dual-height tables, pulling a chair out for Knibs because the one on Gustav's side is a little too large.

I think Gustav at least might have enough experience with kobolds to identify their genders, if he spent enough time actually getting to know his servants.

7. - Top - End - #1357

[Food Court - K K Cuisine]

"Had servants? Oh, yes. Well I guess I still technically have servants but- oh, hang on." Gustav cuts his answer short as Salis comes over to greet them.

The description sounds similar enough to kobolds as Gustav knows them that he certainly would be able to determine Salis' gender. His player, however, is no such expert and can't be sure. The warm reception is met with a dazzling smile as he gladly follows Salis along to the table. "Nope! My friend and I are both new around these parts. Well, new-ish, right?" He asks, glancing at Knibs. Knibs said he's the second gobbun to ever come here but for all Gustav knows he could've been scouting the place out for days already.

Or maybe he just wandered straight into the hat shop to stare at Gustav. Who knows?

"Certainly never dined here before anyway. But it smells good."
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2018-03-31 at 03:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1358

K K Cuisine

Knibs bares an incredibly toothy grin. Unlike the kobolds, the front of his mouth is nearly entirely incisor, transitioning straight into a few small grinding molars in the back. The effect isn't unlike a pearly white guillotine, and if Salis eyes are good enough they might be able to see themselves in the gleaming wall of teeth, "I'll take whatever meat comes from the most dangerous predator on your menu, or the next most dangerous non-poisonous predator on your menu, if the top ones are dangerous to eat as well as deadly to encounter. And... do you have lemonade to drink? Or spirits?" Knibs is fond of citrus fruits, ever since he first found out they existed, but a good stiff drink wouldn't be amiss either. He's already fishing out identification, knowing even the venerable elders of the warren often get asked for proof of some kind of maturity when they ask for alcohol.

"To answer your somewhat-question, I was checking through stores one by one to see what each sold, Gustav. I'd gotten to my third one when I ran into you. And hopefully this place will be a good recommendation to the others back home. We've kind of been starved for traditional cooking, so trying some similar ethnic cuisine might be a good compromise."

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Orc in the Playground

Krikebulin's

These particular kobolds have larger females than males, and bright colours on a male are seen as attractive. I might do it differently than others.

"Wolf sspiderss are venomouss, not poissonouss." Meaning you can eat one, but can't get bitten. "I'd ssay that iss the mosst dangerouss predator on our menu. We have ssome lemonade, and ssome sspiritss." Salis looks at the identification, flicking out a little glass circle and using that to help- it's not magical confirmation, exactly; a pronunciation aid, converting the existing script into Draconic that Salis can actually read. She nods, and gives it back, tucking the glass back into her pocket.

The best thing about the wolf spider is it is cooked in its chitin, so the legs are really crunchy.

"What would you like, ssir?" That's asked to Gustav, who has yet to order. The menu is written in English, goblin and Draconic, and offers bear, wolf spider, cave lobster, ox-lizard, bat wings (fried or smoked), scavenger beetle, horse-lizard, weta, escargot, solifuge, giant rat and centipede. There's also millipede, but that has a chilli symbol next to it. All meals are served with a variety of fungi. The alcohol includes fungus beer, truffle wine, snail rum, amanita gin and lichen rum.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

[Unsullied Bazaar]

Aly'ithra and Sam walk through the mall. She stops in front of the Unsullied Bazaar and says "This looks promising."
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2018-04-04 at 08:02 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"Seems legit."
    Sam smiles and leads her inside. He will gravitate towards protective clothing, whether mundane or magical. He's never been in here before, as magic is usually prohibitively expensive.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2018-04-04 at 08:03 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Food Court—>Krikebulin's Kobold Cuisine]

Oliver Slyfield is wandering around the Food Court. So much food, so little time.

Oliver is an overweight man with a mop of black hair, grey eyes, and lighter skin. He is wearing a green button-up t-shirt and jeans. Not the most fancy clothing, but it's the best he feels comfortable in. Kind of hard to fit in a 3 piece suit when you're his size.

After wandering around for a while, he finally approaches Krikebulin's Kobold Cuisine. The stone and glowing crystals are peaking his curiosity.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-04-02 at 09:02 AM.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

13. - Top - End - #1363

Krikebulin's

These particular kobolds have larger females than males, and bright colours on a male are seen as attractive. I might do it differently than others.

"Wolf sspiderss are venomouss, not poissonouss." Meaning you can eat one, but can't get bitten. "I'd ssay that iss the mosst dangerouss predator on our menu. We have ssome lemonade, and ssome sspiritss." Salis looks at the identification, flicking out a little glass circle and using that to help- it's not magical confirmation, exactly; a pronunciation aid, converting the existing script into Draconic that Salis can actually read. She nods, and gives it back, tucking the glass back into her pocket.

The best thing about the wolf spider is it is cooked in its chitin, so the legs are really crunchy.

"What would you like, ssir?" That's asked to Gustav, who has yet to order. The menu is written in English, goblin and Draconic, and offers bear, wolf spider, cave lobster, ox-lizard, bat wings (fried or smoked), scavenger beetle, horse-lizard, weta, escargot, solifuge, giant rat and centipede. There's also millipede, but that has a chilli symbol next to it. All meals are served with a variety of fungi. The alcohol includes fungus beer, truffle wine, snail rum, amanita gin and lichen rum.
    Salis can probably tell that Gustav is reading the menu in draconic, not out of any attempt to show off, more that his eyes just drift towards it as if draconic is his preferred language. While a little outside of his normal tastes in terms of cuisine, his eyes light up in interest as he reads through it. Unusual. Interesting. Enticing. "I think I would like to go with the bat wings. Could I get a mixture of smoked and fried please? I've never had bat wings before. I'm curious what the different methods of cooking do to the taste. Oh, and the millipede. I assume this symbol means it's hot? I like a bit of kick to my food. Tell the chef to be generous with the spices. And a bottle of the truffle wine, if you please. With two glasses, in case my friend decides to indulge in a drop of it later on. And some water just in case I come to regret asking for the millipede." Gustav gives Salis another dazzling smile as he finishes his order of oddities.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Orc in the Playground

Krikebulin's- Slyfield

It's all fake. Well, mostly fake. Plastic rocks upon the wall, plastic mushrooms, and a vinyl floor with a marble pattern. The glowing crystals, however, are real, as is the kobold artwork decorating the place- though a lot of that is quite recent work, or mass produced, or in a non-traditional medium, like the statuette of Kurtulmak made from resin. This is a relatively fancy restaurant, but it's quite niche, and being in a food court and not on an impressive road with famous hotels and historic shops, it's not a high-end location.

Oliver will be approached by a kobold waiter, though it's hard to tell. There's no mammalian gender traits on these kobolds, but this one is slightly smaller than the girls, and his polished blue scales are very bright. His eyes are a dark blue, like deep water, and he has a line of silver scales starting behind his eyes and running down his spine to the tip of his tail, and his claws are also silver. His face is pointed and toothy, shaped like a dinosaur's or a crocodile's and not a human's. He's wearing a pair of specially tailored black trousers and a matching waistcoat. "Greetingss, ssir. How may I help you?" The waiter will try to guide Oliver to an empty chair in the human sized side of the eatery, where he can get a look at the menu and order.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[K K Cuisine]
    While walking toward the empty chair, Oliver says, "Well, as you could probably guess, I'm here to eat.". He sits down and picks up the menu. Looking at it(the menu), he says, "This is my first time here. Is there anything you would suggest?"
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-04-04 at 04:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1366

Krikebulin's

Salis can probably tell that Gustav is reading the menu in draconic, not out of any attempt to show off, more that his eyes just drift towards it as if draconic is his preferred language. While a little outside of his normal tastes in terms of cuisine, his eyes light up in interest as he reads through it. Unusual. Interesting. Enticing. "I think I would like to go with the bat wings. Could I get a mixture of smoked and fried please? I've never had bat wings before. I'm curious what the different methods of cooking do to the taste. Oh, and the millipede. I assume this symbol means it's hot? I like a bit of kick to my food. Tell the chef to be generous with the spices. And a bottle of the truffle wine, if you please. With two glasses, in case my friend decides to indulge in a drop of it later on. And some water just in case I come to regret asking for the millipede." Gustav gives Salis another dazzling smile as he finishes his order of oddities.
    Krikebulin's

"Just lemonade, then. I prefer it to liquor when I'm out of the warren anyway." Reaching into his pocket, Knibs pulls out an extremely small notebook, sized appropriately for his nimble hands, with a pen tied to its cover by a stretchy piece of elastic that holds it closed. He flicks that off and snatches up the pen, opening it to the second page in. One page is already covered in small, runic characters done in a very tight spidery writing, and the gobbun starts off the next page with what is presumably the name of the restaurant.

He looks up at Gustav then, knowing his actions probably merit some explanation, "I'm what we call a Chronicler for the warren, so I've got to keep good notes. Eventually, I'll turn the whole of them into a book, a guide for all the new gobbuns coming to the city." He beams energetically when he says that, proud of the idea and clearly eager to share it.

17. - Top - End - #1367

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar
    Kitsuki listens carefully, though she's not exactly sure if she understands what the job would be. "Imperial-ish landowner, huh? Anybody I'd know about? Not that there's much of a chance I'd know. I wouldn't call myself super aware of the movers and shakers around here." Kitsuki has always been pretty removed from that sort of thing. Not that she minds.
    Alva responds with a shrug. "I dunno. I mean, you mentioned that you worked with spirits before right?" she began. "I mean, I gather she's new to the area but maybe you might know the location?" Alva said as her eyes wandered the court, trying to identify where each of the smells were coming from. Only a few moments of wandering though. She didn't want to be accused of having the wrong kind of wandering eyes at least. "The area's apparently known to have a ghost or two. Still she's not exactly unfriendly with the only mostly departed which works out. Haven't seen any myself but I've heard things at least. you know?" she added, eyes flicking over to a stand selling what looked to her very colorful liquids in which small black pearls sat at the bottom. That looked weird. But at the same time that made her want to try it. Maybe she could grab some as a nice finish to lunch?
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2018-04-06 at 11:50 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Orc in the Playground

Krikebulin's- Knibs & Gustav

Salas nods and notes it down in her notebook. "The millipede iss not prepared with sspicess. It ussess the ssame chemical ass chilli pepperss to deter predatorss. The millipede, therefore, iss the sspice." Most myriapods use some form of toxin. I don't know if any real ones use capsaicin, though (I didn't name it with Salas, as I have no idea which of those letters would hiss).

Krikebulin's- Oliver

The menu is written in English, Goblin and Draconic, and offers bear, wolf spider, cave lobster, ox-lizard, bat wings (fried or smoked), scavenger beetle, horse-lizard, weta, escargot, solifuge, giant rat and centipede. There's also millipede, but that has a chilli symbol next to it. All meals are served with a variety of fungi. The alcohol includes fungus beer, truffle wine, snail rum, amanita gin and lichen rum.

"My perssonal favourite iss the cave lobsster, ssir. Large, woodlousse like creaturess, about thiss large." The kobold holds his hands about two feet apart. "Mosst of our firsst-time cusstomerss, however, prefer the giant rat. I am informed it tasstess like fattier chicken." The name doesn't translate to 'cave lobster' from the kobold dialect of Draconic. Rather, when lobster is translated into kobold-Draconic, it's usually rendered as 'sea-[word for cave lobster]'. It is a crustacean, so should taste a bit like crab.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Krikebulin's

Oliver nods. "Mhmm. I will have the cave lobster, and could I get a side-sized bowl of smoked bat wings? As for a drink, lets go for the amanita gin." Oliver obviously knows his way around food, although not as well as, say, an actual food critic.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Orc in the Playground

Krikebulin's- Slyfield

"Very well." The kobold bobs his head in a little bow and turns and walks away. It doesn't take long before he returns with a glass of gin and some small blocks of stone taken from a freezer, so they don't melt and therefore weaken the gin. It's quite a woody gin, but I don't really know much about it so pretend there's some accurate information on gin made from slightly toxic, vaguely hallucinogenic mushrooms. Most of the active chemicals for those effects have been removed in the distillation process, but it still has a bit more kick than usual alcohol.

The actual meal will take a little longer.

21. - Top - End - #1371

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Krikebulin's

"Just lemonade, then. I prefer it to liquor when I'm out of the warren anyway." Reaching into his pocket, Knibs pulls out an extremely small notebook, sized appropriately for his nimble hands, with a pen tied to its cover by a stretchy piece of elastic that holds it closed. He flicks that off and snatches up the pen, opening it to the second page in. One page is already covered in small, runic characters done in a very tight spidery writing, and the gobbun starts off the next page with what is presumably the name of the restaurant.

He looks up at Gustav then, knowing his actions probably merit some explanation, "I'm what we call a Chronicler for the warren, so I've got to keep good notes. Eventually, I'll turn the whole of them into a book, a guide for all the new gobbuns coming to the city." He beams energetically when he says that, proud of the idea and clearly eager to share it.
    Krikebulin's- Knibs & Gustav

Salas nods and notes it down in her notebook. "The millipede iss not prepared with sspicess. It ussess the ssame chemical ass chilli pepperss to deter predatorss. The millipede, therefore, iss the sspice." Most myriapods use some form of toxin. I don't know if any real ones use capsaicin, though (I didn't name it with Salas, as I have no idea which of those letters would hiss).
    "Oh, I see. Never knew that about millipedes. Well, I've never had millipedes before so I guess that makes sense, but I'll stick with the choice anyway." Gustav shrugs and smiles. The kobolds have done an excellent job of making their menu sound enticing.

Gustav's eyes light up at the sight of Knib's notebook and he nods enthusiastically. "Well that certainly sounds like a great idea. I'm hardly the most knowledgeable person myself when it comes to this place, but I reckon I can help you fill in a few more pages in that book!"

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Unsullied Bazaar]

Aly'ithra and Sam walk through the mall. She stops in front of the Unsullied Bazaar and says "This looks promising."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Unsullied Bazaar]

"Seems legit."
    Sam smiles and leads her inside. He will gravitate towards protective clothing, whether mundane or magical. He's never been in here before, as magic is usually prohibitively expensive.
    [Unsullied Bazaar]

The bazaar have a special scent that differentiates it from the rest of mallside, it is a bit heavy but quite pleasant and doesn't seem to trigger any form of allergic reactions. They won't actually see any physical wares inside, instead a number of holographic projections are suddenly displayed for them along with a projection of a hooded energy being that bows deeply before them. "Welcome to the Unsullied Bazaar, honored customers. I am the owner, Trade-Emeer Hamaar. If there is anything you wish to ask, please do."

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"What is that smell?" Aly'ithra wonders. It wasn't bad, just strong.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"Hey buddy." Sam says in a friendly tone, despite being rather distressed and a little bit terrified of more Ethereals.
    "We're looking for something protective. Er, self-protection. Armor I guess, but it doesn't have to be literal armor." he'd rather it not just be a metal suit; those sound awfully hot and sweaty.

25. - Top - End - #1375

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"That would be the incense we use. To mark this humble shop as a product of my people's culture." Hamaar explains. "But of course we have means of defending one-self. Personal barriers are always popular, but they can quite battery draining. For a more effective use of battery life, I recommend 'hard projected armor'. But perhaps its best if I simply show you?"

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Alva responds with a shrug. "I dunno. I mean, you mentioned that you worked with spirits before right?" she began. "I mean, I gather she's new to the area but maybe you might know the location?" Alva said as her eyes wandered the court, trying to identify where each of the smells were coming from. Only a few moments of wandering though. She didn't want to be accused of having the wrong kind of wandering eyes at least. "The area's apparently known to have a ghost or two. Still she's not exactly unfriendly with the only mostly departed which works out. Haven't seen any myself but I've heard things at least. you know?" she added, eyes flicking over to a stand selling what looked to her very colorful liquids in which small black pearls sat at the bottom. That looked weird. But at the same time that made her want to try it. Maybe she could grab some as a nice finish to lunch?
    [Food Court]

"I go where people ask me to, mostly, so it really depends of there's trouble, right." Kitsuki explains. Apparently there's not much need for ghost busting at this place. then again, it's not like she and Obriane are widely known... "But maybe someday we might get a job there. Spirits have a habit of making trouble before long." She smiles at a private joke.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"Oh, I'd just been thinking clothes, but projected stuff sounds cool." Sam says, ever cautious of Ethereal tech but willing to give this guy a try.

If their store's contents had a habit of going like his last experience with this society they wouldn't be in business.

28. - Top - End - #1378

[Unsullied Bazaar]

"Many describe them as such, yes." Hamaar replies, only his voice betraying any true emotion as his eyeless features simply stare back at them. There is a nod as the ethereal reaches out to touch something unseen. "Now, do you have a custom design in mind for your armor, or do you wish to browse our selection?" The illusionary image of a full-plate knight armor appear besides Hamaar. "They're based on other customers designs."

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Krikebulin's- Slyfield

"Very well." The kobold bobs his head in a little bow and turns and walks away. It doesn't take long before he returns with a glass of gin and some small blocks of stone taken from a freezer, so they don't melt and therefore weaken the gin. It's quite a woody gin, but I don't really know much about it so pretend there's some accurate information on gin made from slightly toxic, vaguely hallucinogenic mushrooms. Most of the active chemicals for those effects have been removed in the distillation process, but it still has a bit more kick than usual alcohol.

The actual meal will take a little longer.
    Krikebulin's

When Oliver takes a sip of the gin, he raises his eyebrows for a second, but then seems to accept the kick. While he works on that gin, he looks around the restaurant, scanning it for any other people dining here.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Orc in the Playground

Krikebulin's- Oliver

Oliver might see Knibs the Gobbun and Gustav the Seems-to-be-Human having a meal, but it seems to be a semi-casual date, and might not welcome interruptions. Plus their table is located on the border between human-sized tables and kobold/gobbun-sized tables, which is in the middle of the store- a bit far to go and chat.

Alternately, there's a person sat nearby in the human-sized half of the store. They have short black hair, quite a masculine cut without any hair hanging and grey eyes. They look quite young, certainly no older than twenty years, and seem human. They wear a red-chequered shirt, jeans and have a black satchel under the table, with their leg through the strap to discourage thieves. They're pretty androgynous, too- the clothing and haircut are more masculine, but the face itself is on the border between feminine-looking guy and masculine-looking girl. They've got a glass of pineapple juice, and are reading a thick book with a white cover as they wait for their lunch.