New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

Seaside 4

What is this place? Seaside is exactly what it sounds like, a sea.

Isn't there already a sea in Outside? There is an archipelago outside the cost of outside but Seaside is the ocean outside that coast.

So how can I get here? Seaside is actually more connected to the rest of the nexus than one might think. From the ocean you could reach HALO, Inside, Outside, Riverside, Random Places, The Hunting Grounds and other locations you can justify being near the sea. There are boats going to every major island in the ocean so a PC can easily get to Seaside from any of those locations as well.

But what can I do here exactly? Seaside is made for sea-based plots take take place under or on the sea. Riding pirates and vikings, giant sea monsters, sunken cities, great reefs, eldritch monsters, underwater exploration, volcano islands with cannibalistic tribes and epic battles both under, on and/or above water.

Seaside is a vast ocean which links many of the major cities within the Nexus as nearly all rivers eventually end up here somehow. You can probably find a lot of the garbage and filth from the cities washed out here near the coast. But the majority of the ocean is clean, far from the city centers of inside and riverside.

Seaside have it's own cities instead both above and underneath water populated by all manners of underwater creatures who can't live above land or too far away from the water. Here you also find sailors, pirates, submarine crews, vikings and other air breathers that are associated with the sea.
    The environment these people live in can be from tropical coral reefs and sharks to frozen seas and ice bears. Anyone can feel free to make up what exactly exist in Seaside as long it's primarly connected to the sea, for more land bound adventurers there is Outside and if it doesn't fit there either Srs or Silly plots might be what you're looking for.

Locations in Seaside

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Isle of Crab
    Show
    This floating island have recently risen from the very depths of Seaside and is completely inhabited by various species of crabs, some of them perhaps related to the crabs in Outside? Recently it is said that the new island has been overtaken by mermen slavers.

Spoiler: Raptor Isle
    Show
    This lone island sits on its own surrounded on all sides by mildly turbulent waters. It sits on the water, the horizon of the city in it a mix of short and tall futuristic buildings with Nigerian and Japanese decor being the main theme, from its buildings to its inhabitants, who've settled here in Seaside, a home away hide away in the Nexus.

It is inhabited by numans, humans enhanced by eons of genetic enhancements. They're dark-skinned (ranging from 4 to 6 on the Fitzpatrick scale), with mixed Nigerian-Japanese features and black sclera.

Run by: Meltdowner

Spoiler: Shallowwater Village
    Show
    On the coast of a more arctic region, a small village lies near the water. It is little more than a collection of small igloos. They all face toward an area where water has collected on top of the ice, creating a shallow pool.

The inhabitants of this village are a number of selkies; people with mostly human-like upper bodies wile the rest of them resemble sea lions. They live here in a simple hunter-gatherer society.

Spoiler: Olde Seatime Beach
    Show
    An olde time beach for parties!

Spoiler: Isle of Yorichi
    Show
    An wild island filled with ancient ruins of a civilization that simply disappeared one day. Yorichi is infamous around seaside as few ever return from there despite the rumors of the treasures that are said to be hidden among the ruins. Those who survived claim that the island is inhabited by all manners of jungle beasts and ancient golem guardians placed there by the former civilizations.

Spoiler: Galespire
    Show
    Over the sea of storms towers the spires of the rather aptly named city of Galespire. A symbol of arrogance some would say as it's location would be completely uninhabitable if not for the large force walls protecting it from the extremely violent storms that build up nearly every day. But it was not the arrogance of man that had built this place, it was the ethereals, energy beings from a world far from the nexus. With a reputation of traders they had apparently thought the nexus being important enough to set up an entire city here, though who they had done so on an island in the middle of seaside is anyone's guess. The city's trademark is its many bridges and floating spires reaching up to the sky. The majority of the city is in fact flying above ground with only teleportation being able to take a person in-between the different sections of the city.

Under the protection of the force walls other beings have decided to settle down here, building up a form of undercity out of shackles and huts nearby providing a sharp contrast to the advanced Galespire. While these settlers now live under the ethereal collectives laws they are not allowed to share their technology which is held from other beings by ethereal law.

Spoiler: Bayside
    Show
    A buzzing port city not too far from Galespire and one of their most important trading partners. Generally you can't go to Galespire without passing Bayside first as only they have the captains crazy and skillful enough to sail into the sea of storms. The city have under it's long existence been claimed by a good number of different pirates and warlords which still somehow hasn't effected it's trade. The citizens of Bayside simply don't care who they're ruled and have learned to adapt to even the harshest of systems rather than trying to resist whatever new warlord that's parading into town.

That said, the current ruler is Don Juliano Karnago, an upstart goblin pirate that raids both the sea and the air with his fleet of ships and airplanes.
    He has adapted Bayside to not only accommodate ships but airplanes as well with a primitive airport build in the middle of the jungle that his air pirates use as a base. Anyone else is welcome to land however, as long as they're willing to pay a very reasonable fee.

Spoiler: Ithki-Ithki Isles
    Show
    Spread across an archipelago of smaller islands is the home nation of the seaside goblins. While their technology isn't as advanced as the ethereals they have far better living conditions than the rest seaside and even have their own navy protecting them from slavers. But it hasn't been needed in many years as the goblins have a 'understanding' with most slavers and pirates operating out here and is even rumored to partially practice slavery themselves. Nothing official however. The goblins have advanced enough technology that slavery shouldn't even be needed after all, still the rumors persist thanks to the high number of goblin crime lords that have spread across the nexus. From the infamous KABAL in skyside to Don Juliano Karnago, ruler of Bayside, who both originated from Ithki-Ithki isles.

Spoiler: The Sea of Storms
    Show
    The Sea of Storms is very appropriately named, as the violent, ship-ending, storms here are nearly constant. Countless of ships, both air- and seabased have sunk here, creating the so-called ship graveyard that is rumored to be in the very center of the sea, a huge swirling whirlpool that pulls everything sunk here into it. The sea is quite obviously cursed, some say as a divine punishment for some long-forgotten civilizations sins, others by some angry sea entity, what is known however is that whoever braves these water is either a treasure hunter or a foolish landcrab. As a precaution, the ethereals have set up a warning system around the sea to warn those uneducated of the dangers that only they consider themselves powerful enough to brave.

If you want a location added to Seaside, just PM me and it will be added to the list. More locations will be added as more characters end up here.

Previous Threads
    Seaside 1
    Seaside 2
    Seaside 3
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-02-04 at 06:58 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

Raiders Cove Drow Messenger

"I was not allowed to read the message, though I was told the general content. This meeting was approved by the Matron, but spearheaded by her niece and right hand Erelae Xar'Cha." He explains.

Beach Party Sam and Aly

"Oh who's your friend?" Aly asks. "You should introduce us."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party- Sam and Aly

Sam peers over at Lucy.
    "Oh, Lucy's my roommate. Uh, you can meet her some other time. I think she's uh, busy." he says with a wink.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2018-07-24 at 08:56 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mount Kitsuki

Artie giggles.
    ”Well I’m having a few. I can’t expect quality and quantity. Though really it’s going to be hard. I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing.” she admits. She doesn’t have any proof there’s more than one. She just knows.
    [Mount Kitsuki]

"You've never had kids before. Of course you don't know what you're doing." Kitsuki chuckles. The jury is out on if she knows what she's doing yet. "You'll probably figure it out, though." Probably.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Beachside - Beach wit' Tina]

Reinholdt just smirks a little, making no promises at this time. If she wants her coin back, she'll have to earn it or steal it! The latter of which would be just as good as the former as far as the Treasure Hunter's concerned.

Raising an eyebrow of curiosity as Tina teases alternative truths about her handbag, Rein settles for grabbing their drinks and carrying them to a nice spot not too far from the bar. They want sun, but they also want alcohol. It's a solid compromise.

The fey watches with strong interest. Sure it's hard to tell if he's most impressed with Tina's legs or with the hard light beach chairs, but they're both pretty impressive really. "Very nice." He hands Tina's drink back to her before he settles into the other chair, letting his shirt flap open so the sun can warm his chest. His free hand runs along the chair, poking at it, having never really encountered any hard light objects before. The one light saber he stole surely doesn't count by nature.

"What are these? Where did you get them?" Reinholdt asks, his curiosity piqued. He might have to acquire a few of these things himself. They certainly seem handy.
    Tina sips her drink and eyes the treasure hunter. What was he after, really? The facts of their first encounter from so long ago made her pretty wary about offering any flirtatious comments, but he was eyeing up her legs pretty blatantly, and there were other hints...

Of course, that's just how I would interpret it, Tina reminds herself with an inward roll of the eyes, so to speak. One also had to remember she was wearing an utterly tasteless slingshot bikini that left little to the imagination. People eyeing her up a little was the point, and to be expected. Not like Tina doesn't snatch the occasional, mutual ogle, but she probably thinks she's much more subtle.

So Tina just says, "Hard light chairs. My father gave them to me. Or at least the modes to shape them how I want." She raises her eyebrows. "You have sort of a seen-it-all air about you. I'm glad you're so impressed. You can maybe even keep that one if you want." Fettina lets out a tinselly laugh. "One of the greatest achievements from my Earth and we use it to make ******* beach chairs."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Beach Party - Bar]

Lucy smiles and nods, "Yeah, he's cute. Needs the odd word of encouragement to keep him getting too down on himself, though. Hopefully seeing a beautiful lady such as yourself applaud his performance will give him a bit of a boost to the old self esteem." She winks at Vivi, refusing to let slip an opportunity to compliment her.

As for her suggestion...

"Um, I dunno about me getting up there and singing. Obviously I'd love to hear you sing, but the music I know isn't exactly, um, party music?" She takes a moment to glance over at Addie, but quickly gets the message that she's not going to want to take part. "Tell you what, Vivi, I'll sing if you sing. Aaaand if you go first." She grins a toothy grin and folds her arms, throwing down the musical gauntlet.
    "Awh, you just never stop!" Vivi says, grinning up at Lucy and swatting the middle of her back with one petite hand. She listens, and also gives Addie a quick look. Gaze back upon Lucy, Viviana lets her eyelids droop till they're hooded and smoldering dramatically. It's admittedly a bit entrancing. "I thought we could sing together. A duet."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Raider's Cove - Drow Messenger

Brokenfang reads the missive, her expression likely unreadable to the Messenger before she rolls it up. "It seems to me that I will be paying Delmah Phor a visit." She comments, about to put the scroll away before deciding to pass it back to the messenger. "You may read it as it concerns you as well. It seems that you are mine to do what I wish. So, I offer you a place here. From my understanding of Drow society, there isn't much advancement for you but if you stay here and find suitable work, your origins are wiped clear. But only if you wish. Otherwise I would have you return with me once I find suitable attire to present myself in."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah? Did your father invent them?" Rein asks. Probably not right? Tina just mentioned gave them, not created them. Still, you can never be sure sometimes. Reinholdt taps the chair one more time before settling back into it and sipping at his drink.

Tilting his head back to look at the vibrant blue sky, he considers just how much he's seen. "I don't know about seen-it-all, but I get closer every day. I guess I've spent a lot of time seeing the bigger stuff so it's the little things like this chair and this party that get me excited now. Spent too much time in throne rooms and back alleys, so now it's time to explore the promenade. If that makes any sense." Having fun is the objective now!

"I'll definitely keep it. Thanks. What about you? Sounds like you're not a native to the Nexus either. You've probably seen a lot in your travels too, right? Or at least, since you've gotten here. What brought you to the greatest hive of scum and villainy anyways?" Reinholdt inquires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Sam and Aly]

Aly'ithra giggles when Sam winks, flashing some pointed teeth. "Alright. So, how about we get a drink?" She suggest. "I just got here, but I'm thirsty."

[Raider's Cove - Drow Messenger]

The messenger reads over the letter, but doesn't seem surprised. He frowns. "I... I will have to think about it. Perhaps get a look around at life around here?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The Wolfen Alpha shrugs. "Up to you. Take a day and look around if you like. I'll head out in the morning. Do you know if I will be expected to bring a gift? Admittedly I do not know much of the Matron's niece. What is she like?" She wonders as she gets up and finally puts the scroll away if it is given back before pouring a couple glasses of sweetened ice tea. One is given to the Drow, and Brokenfang takes an awkward moment to take a sip of it through a straw given the tear of flesh on her jawline. It might seem a bit humiliating to drink something in such a fashion, but she would rather sip through a straw than spill sugary fluids on herself.

It'd be a pain to get out of fur.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The drow accepts the drink, taking a sip. He's never had iced tea before, but it was sweet and cold, so to his liking. "Lady Erelae is..." He thinks, taking another longer draw on his drink. "She's nice, actually. One of the key diplomats for the family. Young, not particularly well placed in the bloodline, but because of that the Matron trusts her. She's not likely to take over."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nice is usually not a word you hear used to describe a Drowess."
    Brokenfang points out with a slight frown, as if such a description might be too good to be true. "And trusted even? That truly is a surprise." She admits, shifting in her seat so she can lean forward with her hands folded in front of her in thought. "Trusted by the Matron and in a disadvantageous position in the family line. Has she made a name for herself apart from politics?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"She's an accomplished dancer, actually." The drow replies. "decent fighter and priestess as well, though she hasn't made a name for herself."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party

A content post snuggle Felandria returns to the party and obtains another beverage.

She looks around to make a new friend or possibly reconnect with an old one.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Awh, you just never stop!" Vivi says, grinning up at Lucy and swatting the middle of her back with one petite hand. She listens, and also gives Addie a quick look. Gaze back upon Lucy, Viviana lets her eyelids droop till they're hooded and smoldering dramatically. It's admittedly a bit entrancing. "I thought we could sing together. A duet."
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Raider's Cove - Ithuriel

Brokenfang seems to smile slightly and gives a shrug. "Stay as long as you like, though I insist that if you decide to stay for more than a few days I'll be forced to put you to work." She warns. She was probably actually rather serious about that too. "The guest rooms are on this floor and to the left as you exit. There's even hot water for a shower in the rooms if that is something that sounds appealing. I will have someone bring up fresh linens however. I do ask that you understand why we keep bars on the windows though. Not all guests turn out to be amiable." She points out with a shrug.

"Other than that, all I ask is that you don't go through the jungle at dark. The creatures there have free run of the place then and they really dislike smallfry like us intruding." Now that was something she sounded serious about.
    [Beach Party - Bar]

A counter-challenge! Lucy contemplates the metaphorical second gauntlet that just got thrown on top of hers. "There's no fun in stopping too soon, is there?" She certainly looks entranced. "You wouldn't be planning to show me up with this suggestion, would you Vivi? I'd love to sing with you, but I doubt I know whatever you have in mind. How could I ever do justice to my part?"

[Raider's Cove]

There's still something of an adventurous spark in Ithuriel. She can't help but perk up a little at the mention of big scary creatures in the jungle at night that'd consider her smallfry. Though it is just a brief expression of interest, far short of the sort of reaction that'd suggest she actually intends to act upon it.

"Just the one night, Brokenfang. I'm on duty tomorrow. If you're okay with seeing if anyone wants to head back that soon? Otherwise, I can come back in a few days. Otherwise, I think our business is concluded for now."

Assuming Brokenfang has nothing else to add, Ithuriel moves to take her leave and get settled into a guest room. She will join in any festivities that take place overnight, but is otherwise perfectly quiet and well-behaved for the night. Issues were resolved, well enough.

((Assuming there's nothing else to add, I guess we can skip ahead to the following morning?))
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Raider's Cove - Ithuriel

"Before you go, I think you misunderstood something, and perhaps that is what started us off on the wrong foot so readily."
    Brokenfang says right as the angel gets up to leave. "The purpose of Blake's poem was never to ask who the tiger was. It was a counterpoint to another work, The Lamb. His work was never asking who the tiger was, and perhaps it asked why it was there, but ultimately the question was What being could create both? So when I quoted it, I never meant to question which of us was the tiger and which wasn't. The real question is "What sort of world would spawn us?" Now that I find an interesting debate. But perhaps one for later." She admits, finally standing up and taking the two empty drinking glasses to rinse them off in her personal sink.

The Wolfen gets up from her seat and begins to browse through her well-worn books. "...I am not much of a dancer, though I can fight and sing. I think I will be able to come up with a decent enough gift however. Something personal." She decides, finally picking a book and drawing it from her shelf. It was an old leatherbound brown book with golden etching on the front labeling it Watership Down. "This'll do." She decides before eyeing the messenger. "So, tell me. Was there anything else others wanted said to me...unofficially before I accepted an invitation to meet?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Shore]

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Haar has landed on the shore, where the waves are currently cresting. He's jumping after the water as it recedes, then retreating, very occasionally dipping his claws or wingtips into the water.

"I must thank you for your help as well. I shall remain here, for a time. I admit, it is... not often I come to a place this peaceful." Faudre doesn't have much intention of socializing, but that likely won't matter here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

Anchor nods. "You should! I mean, if you want to stay awhile and enjoy the party, if you want to. I could even whip you up a suitable outfit if you wanted to swim or-"
    "Oh, I never even told you my name, did I? I'm Anchor. And, uh, good luck, Faudre."
    Finding a way home is rarely easy. People have tried their whole screen-times without making it.
    "If you could make suitable clothing for me, it would be much appreciated. I can put my armor aside, but my other clothing isn't very appropriate," Calm Reed says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #17

[Beach Party - Bar]

A counter-challenge! Lucy contemplates the metaphorical second gauntlet that just got thrown on top of hers. "There's no fun in stopping too soon, is there?" She certainly looks entranced. "You wouldn't be planning to show me up with this suggestion, would you Vivi? I'd love to sing with you, but I doubt I know whatever you have in mind. How could I ever do justice to my part?"
    [Beach Party - Bar]

"I thought karaoke was supposed to have a big, electric screen you could read words off of. We can just sing some silly they put up there, right?" Vivi suggests. "Maybe our audience should pick!" She almost starts giggling again at the very thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Yeah? Did your father invent them?" Rein asks. Probably not right? Tina just mentioned gave them, not created them. Still, you can never be sure sometimes. Reinholdt taps the chair one more time before settling back into it and sipping at his drink.

Tilting his head back to look at the vibrant blue sky, he considers just how much he's seen. "I don't know about seen-it-all, but I get closer every day. I guess I've spent a lot of time seeing the bigger stuff so it's the little things like this chair and this party that get me excited now. Spent too much time in throne rooms and back alleys, so now it's time to explore the promenade. If that makes any sense." Having fun is the objective now!

"I'll definitely keep it. Thanks. What about you? Sounds like you're not a native to the Nexus either. You've probably seen a lot in your travels too, right? Or at least, since you've gotten here. What brought you to the greatest hive of scum and villainy anyways?" Reinholdt inquires.

"Oh, gods, pfft, no. Daddy is a surgeon, and he's absolutely smart enough, but this stuff isn't his area of expertise," Tina explains. She pulls out her heart-shaped shades again and pops them over her eyes, shimmying her shoulders as she settles with a sigh. "Makes good sense to me. Everybody can get burnt out with what they do. Even adventurers I guess."

"Um, I haven't seen as much as you might think. Except in the Nexus here. I hopped a few dead rocks before I wound up in this place. Used to run with a band." She smiles slightly. "So long ago now. Hey, can we talk about you again? I started to wax all nostalgic there and that just ain't sexy."

"I guess I'm here... because I couldn't go home. And I wanted to see it. The center of everything. Or our layer of everything. I've had it explained to me like, seven different ways," says Tina. "I loved it, so I stayed."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nothing I was instructed to tell you" Replies Kalanyl, "Though I would suggest you come armed. Not heavily, but... respect the danger you may be walking into."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party- Sam and Aly

Sam smiles, showing his tusks.
    ”Sure, Aly. How have you been? How’s the wings working out for you?” he asks, leading her to the bar.

Beach Party- Mount Kitsuki

Artie nods appreciatively.
    ”Thank you. It can be intimidating, honestly. My mother always said it terrified her. And then there’s people like my sister in law...” If Sakura was ever intimidated at the prospect of having children, that part of her is long dead.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The 3/4 dragon flexes her wings. "I keep getting them caught on doorways, and I haven't tried flying yet. This might be a good place to try, though. Lots of soft sand, plenty of open space."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party- Sam and Aly]

"Well, I'll catch you if you fall. I promise. " Sam assures her.
    He gestures to an open spot at the bar, letting her order first.
    "After you."

22. - Top - End - #22

Beach Party - Bar with Dena

"Oh gods, the Skyside thing." Magtok's going to need another swig of his drink for this. The buyback campaign was a goddamned mess, and probably one of his most miserable experiences in the Nexus. It might've helped a few people, but gods know it didn't have any lasting impact. It raised awareness towards a problem most everybody else was content to ignore, but from the things he's heard, Skyside is no closer to solving the slavery issue now than they were before he did any of that nonsense. God, things were so much simpler before he developed this stupid, useless conscience.

"I know I do a pretty good job of acting like the big bad former villain sometimes, but raptor christ, there was this one slaver...I still have nightmares about that scumbag. I'll sponsor whatever law you want if I don't have to talk to people like that again." He's not quite sure what she means by royal guard, though. Skyside has royalty now? Was there some kind of huge retcon when he wasn't looking, shifting from the flawed 'council of captains of industry' concept to something that wouldn't require all those deadtimed or disinterested players to get involved? Drat, he should've sold all his assets in the city and ran off while he still could. I suppose this is what happens why you get so overwhelmed by a city's oppressive anarcho-capitalism that you studiously ignore it for as long as possible.

"Oh, and before I forget to mention it, Rein's a breeder. He likes to knock up his one-night stands. You sleep with him once, boom, you're pregnant, and kitty daddy's moving on to the next girl. It's gross, I'm not actually his friend, and I can name three separate examples of this if you don't believe me. Don't get up and talk to your friend about it yet, but...you know, maybe pull them apart later, keep things from going too far. Sneak a pill into her food tomorrow," Magtok suggests, keeping his voice down and glancing at Tina and Rein now and then to be sure they're still too busy with whatever insipid flirty nonsense they're undoubtedly up to.

[The Crystal Apex]

Damon follows along after Jaccalish, definitely having difficulty trying to keep up with these frustratingly oversized stairs in the way. He lets out a disgruntled hiss as he half-runs, half-clambers up the stairs in pursuit of his "companion".

It's safe to say that Damon probably isn't a huge fan of the demon.

Still, the sudden violent jerk actually provides an opportunity to catch up. Damon swiftly lobs a ball of black fire in an under-arm motion, sending a line of flames running along the stairs, then uses it to 'port his way up beside Jaccalish. "Come along. You can't let yoursssself get thrown off that easily!"

Magtok's 'breeder' comment makes Dena raise an eyebrow, but that's all the reaction he's getting out of her concerning the Rein situation for now. She seems intent to discuss business first. And it wasn't like they were sneaking off and pulling a certain already, right?

Dena steals a glance in their direction, just to be extra sure. For a moment not even trusting her snakes who've been keeping an eye on them all this time.

Yep, still there. Phew.

She turns back to the cyborg. "I was thinking a series of commercials actually, I know you're good at those. You'll be directing and acting in them, but you won't have to even look a Skysider in the eyes. I'm talking full creative freedom here, as long as they fulfill the intended purpose and you don't draw us bankrupt." She tilts her head and focus her (thankfully sunglass shielded) gaze. "So what about it?"

[The Crystal Apex]

Jaccalish grunts and have to take a moment to get their bearings, which is when the eyes of the paintings suddenly all lit up in red. Then there is that voice in Damon's head again which is more of a laughter now, drowning out everything else for a moment.

We are the same. You are one of my many pilgrims, drawn here to the altar of hate and vengeance. So what does your instinct tell you Damon? To kill every demon? Such wishes is not beyond me.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-07-25 at 07:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Aly orders herself a strawberry daquiri. She raises an eyebrow at Sam. "You sure? I don't want to hurt you if I fall on you."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party- Sam and Aly

Sam just gets a soda. He doesn't want to risk getting intoxicated this early in the day.
    "Aly, I weigh a lot and I have four arms. Literally the only risk is if you stab me with your horns. So don't aim your head towards me and we'll be fine." he promises her confidently before taking a swig of root beer.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll try not to, besides, my horns aren't so big." Aly reassures him, before taking a sip from the swizzle straw in her daiquiri.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Oh, gods, pfft, no. Daddy is a surgeon, and he's absolutely smart enough, but this stuff isn't his area of expertise," Tina explains. She pulls out her heart-shaped shades again and pops them over her eyes, shimmying her shoulders as she settles with a sigh. "Makes good sense to me. Everybody can get burnt out with what they do. Even adventurers I guess."

"Um, I haven't seen as much as you might think. Except in the Nexus here. I hopped a few dead rocks before I wound up in this place. Used to run with a band." She smiles slightly. "So long ago now. Hey, can we talk about you again? I started to wax all nostalgic there and that just ain't sexy."

"I guess I'm here... because I couldn't go home. And I wanted to see it. The center of everything. Or our layer of everything. I've had it explained to me like, seven different ways," says Tina. "I loved it, so I stayed."

"Talking nostalgic isn't sexy?" Reinholdt's hand dramatically grips his chest where theoretically his heart is supposed to be. "If we're talking about me again, I don't know what else I can offer. I'm supposed to be the wizened, old, retired adventurer after all." Doesn't look old. Sure doesn't act wizened. Barely even retired. His whole life is a lie. "Nowhere near as interesting as a musician. What part did you play? I've been practicing the violin for a few years now. I don't think I'm great but I don't suck completely anymore at least." Requisitioning a magical violin will encourage you to learn how to actually use it.

"Anyways, I guarantee you none of those explanations are actually the correct full truth. People talk like they know things even when they've never studied the subject and just use word of mouth." Like Rein's doing now! "Good to find some place you love though. What did you like more? The people or the places?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2018-07-26 at 12:56 AM.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

"So long as the intended purpose of the ad isn't bulldozing Groundside with all the poor people still trapped inside, sure," Magtok shrugs. Yeah, why not? I mean, it's not like we have a sense of pride or anything. Why not whore ourselves out for MERC, taint our image and reputation by putting it on the market for anyone with a halfway decent cause and a few pieces of gold lying around? Magtok, you aren't seriously, honestly thinking about doing this, are you? I mean, is it safe to announce your presence in the world like that? Just visiting a party like this is fine, but what if Marciano is still out there? What if Riv still wants revenge? Affy, Rein Prime, maybe even DC? If word gets out that you're around, they could come after us. We don't have the resources to fight any of those people, Magtok.

"I'll expect actual payment, of course. None of that 'publicity and fame is reward enough' nonsense, or the enchanted weapons they give out to adventurers for completing a task." That kind of payment might work on the crazy murderhobos of the world, but Magtok's a bit more civilized than that. We need a home, and the place we've staked out is going to require a great deal of money and risk to get up and running again. A magical pair of boots that shoot fireballs when you kick people would be pretty cool, but not something we could really get any use out of. Cold hard cash is where it's at.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

28. - Top - End - #28

"Sorry Mags, it would seem I forgot my mysterious stranger hood back home and this ain't a tavern." To be fair, she actually had one of those. All gorgons were required to at least owe one. "MERC has its own reputation to uphold and unlike other mercenary companies that have sprung up recently, we don't screw people over with phony deals or demolish ghettos to the ground. We will of course have to decide what kind of law we want to sponsor of course, so if you have any ideas of what would work best with you, give me a clue, 'kay? But otherwise, it would seem we have a deal."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beach Party - Shore

"I don't swim. But clothing more suitable for the heat would be appreciated, this armor is getting rather uncomfortable." Plate armor isn't as stiff as people think, but the sands and heat of the beach were starting to get to Faudre, even without her helmet. "I cannot pay you right now, though."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [BEACH PARTY - Shore]

"Alright."
    Anchor sizes Calm Reed up, figuring out what would fit her, and suit her. Her shadow, in defiance of where the sun is, slips over towards the exalted.
    She lifts up a hand to catch some of the summer sunlight, and with a twist fabric spills from between her fingers. She weaves and folds it in on itself and it takes shape as a one piece bathing suit. A moment to step over to the shore and snatch up the glint reflected off the waves with which to add some modest frills and ruffles, and it's done!
    Anchor offers the exalted the finished piece, a fine gold-and-blue garment that shines with an inner light.

"Huh? I wasn't going to sell them to you. Consider it a welcome present."
    For Faudre, if she's not swimming, hmm...
    Anchor gathers up a broad stretch of the color of sand, and stitches it with the shadow of a passing seagull into a pale sundress with matching floppy-beach-hat.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine