New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default War of the Five Kings (IC)

The year is 298AL and Robert Baratheon, the first of his name, is dead. His closest companion, the Warden of the North, Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Hand of the King is an attainted traitor and his blood was spilt two days ago in the Great Sept of Baelor. The ravens have flown...

In the North, Robb Stark has already called his banners, in a desire to retrieve his father, and his troops are marshalling at Winterfell. House Felgraiv has had word from their liege lord, and their closest neighbours, Lord Turrel and Lady Veyth, have dispatched troops troops to aid his cause. Gregorious has also had a message from Lady Veyth asking him to meet with her and Lord Turrel at her home, Drakhall, to discuss how the three of you may assist each other and work together.

In the Westerlands, Tywin Lannister has sent ravens to his bannermen, calling them to gather. Each is asked to send bannermen to the cause, and to acknowledge Joffrey as the rightful King of the Seven Kingdoms. Lord Rede Crow is called to Casterly Rock with his men personally, though little reason of substance is given...
    Jaime Prestorhill is told by his father that Hoster Tully has declared his support for Robb Stark, and that they have received a raven from the Lannisters informing them that Ser Gregor Clegane would be bringing his men to Prestorhill and that they ought to add their strength to his.
    House Lyre receives the same missive from Casterly Rock, asking them to send their strength to their liege lord, but word has reached them of a second coronation, of Renly Baratheon at Bitterbridge. The Reach has declared for this king, and much of the Stormlands. House Rowan of Goldengrove, a House that has a long standing relationship with House Lyre due to their proximity, have sent a message to Lord Jacelyn.
    Lord Jacelyn, these are troubled times, and the rumours which reach us of events in King's Landing have brought us much disquiet. It would bring me much pleasure to meet with you. Perhaps you would care to travel to Beechwood grove, where we once hunted. I will bring no more than twenty men and would ask you to do the same. These times are unsetlled, but I would hope that our mutual acquaintance might prevail.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jacelyn remembers Beechwood grove as a large forest just across the border of the Reach, a suitable middle ground for the two Houses.

No ravens fly to Yarrowhold and though the Lord there knows of Ned Stark's death, he is not called by his liege lady to march. His well defended lands are well protected from the mountain clans, but it has been noted that many of the clansmen seem to have left the Vale.

House Grimewater receives a raven from Riverrun, calling them to arms, and informing them of the imminent arrival of a host of Northmen that will pass through their lands on their way south. The lord is called to play host to large party of their commanders.

House Arctium of Bendhall also receives a command from their liege lord, calling them to arms, but they are warned of raiders from the Westerlands who may well march against them before the Northern host can reinforce them. Ser Goren reads the letter to his brother, the child lord of House Arctium, but knows he must make the decisions. How best to defend their house against the oncoming storm?

House Thyme of Red Spring is inundated with missives, for not only are they called by their liege lord, Hoster Tully, but Lady Whent of Harrenhal writes to Red Spring, as do the Lords of Maidenpool and Duskendale. In fact there are a flurry of ravens flitting in and out of their rookeries, making them wish they had a Maester. Lady Whent writes to Ermese, asking her to join her at Harrenhal for better protection, but also asks her to bring her troops to Harrenhal with her, and not to send them to Riverrun as Lord Hoster had asked.

In King's Landing, Moarzed finds himself facing Lord Petyr Baelish, the Master of Coin who called him secretly to a meeting in a rather seedy looking establishment, that is half restaurant, half bar, and almost fully a brothel if Moarzed's suspicions are right. "I have a proposition for you," Baelish states smoothly. "The crown is going to need gold in the coming weeks, and months, that is clear, and you seem to be a very smart man. Smart men can make a lot of their own money in times like these." He lets the words hang their in the air. "Now anything that a merchant such as yourself could provide for the cause, weapons, men, gold, well that would be remembered."
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to engage in an intrigue with Baelish go ahead, otherwise a simple nod will suffice for him to leave and you can start plotting

Ser Rampart Stone stands behind the new king as sits on the Iron Throne. Sansa Stark kneels before the dais, her head bent, looked upon by four members of the Kingsguard, though not their Lord Commander nor the King's uncle. The Queen Regent, Cersei Lannister, continues her assault on the girl: "And you renounce them? Your traitor brother and your mother? For let all know that they have had the opportunity to stand before King Joffrey and swear their allegiance."
    "I do my Queen. I love Joffrey. I even wrote to them. I hate my traitor brother, Robb Stark, and my mother, and my grandfather, Hoster Tully, and my great uncle, Brynden Tully." It almost seems like a mantra.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: War of the Five Kings (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    Ser Rampart Stone stands behind the new king as sits on the Iron Throne. Sansa Stark kneels before the dais, her head bent, looked upon by four members of the Kingsguard, though not their Lord Commander nor the King's uncle. The Queen Regent, Cersei Lannister, continues her assault on the girl: "And you renounce them? Your traitor brother and your mother? For let all know that they have had the opportunity to stand before King Joffrey and swear their allegiance."
    "I do my Queen. I love Joffrey. I even wrote to them. I hate my traitor brother, Robb Stark, and my mother, and my grandfather, Hoster Tully, and my great uncle, Brynden Tully." It almost seems like a mantra.
    Ser Rampart stands stiffly, his gaze wandering the crowd, searching their faces. Joffrey was always a rash child, at odds with his gentle siblings, but of late - with none willing to naysay him - he had revealed an unexpected depth of cruelty. His mother was little better, with Robert's passing she had abandoned all pretenses of subtlety to rage against anything or anyone she thought might defy her.

It wasn't right. Whatever her father's deeds, what could the girl have done? There was no justice in this, no wrongs to be redressed, only the mocking of the triumphant laid bare before the court.

He finds his eyes drawn irrevocably back to the Stark, a child of perhaps twelve years made to near beg for her life before the Iron Throne. Was this how Ser Barristan felt the day the Northern Lords burned in the throne room? When the Mad King raped and beat his lady-wife under their guard?
    Last edited by Mr Stereo1; 2013-05-26 at 11:11 AM.
    Insanity is checking the IC twice and expecting a different result.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Rampart - The throne room of the Red Keep

"Well, if you are repentant, than maybe.... mother?" Joffrey's words are slick and cruel. "Yes. It is not necessary for us to terminate this betrothal yet."
    "Then you may stand, my lady." Sansa wobbles as you gets to her feet, before Joffrey beckons her to stand beside him.
    Rampart had been informed that this court session would take all of the afternoon, but Joffrey did not wait for any other petitioners to come forwards before standing. Everyone else in the hall came to their feet and bowed or curtsied as the King made his way out, flanked by his guards.
    Rampart, stepping just behind Joffrey caught the words that the king mockingly whispered to his betrothed: "You better keep to that my lady Stark. I expect you to be very pleased when I present your brother's head on a plate." Striding out, the King began to direct them towards the battlements, though Rampart knew little reason for them to be on the er... ramparts.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the Westerlands, Tywin Lannister has sent ravens to his bannermen, calling them to gather. Each is asked to send bannermen to the cause, and to acknowledge Joffrey as the rightful King of the Seven Kingdoms. Lord Rede Crow is called to Casterly Rock with his men personally, though little reason of substance is given...
    For the DM's eyes only:

Spoiler
    Show
    He had read the message with a scowl, and sighed. Though he had wished that it would not come to this, he knew that in reality that was simply a child’s fantasy that he should have abandoned as a child, with all his other dreams of happiness and contentment. He chose to ride immediately with his host to Casterly Rock, there seemed to be no other intelligent choice.

By the time he had reached Casterly Rock with his full amount of forces,* the day had faded behind him. Lord Rede Crow was at the head of his forces, in his shining armour and winged crow-head helm. He almost looked majestic, there upon his steed, before The Rock, but he held no illusions; it was why he had come.

After confirming his identity with the guardsmen at the gates, by way of removing his helmet, for all to see his hair, he moved onwards, leaving his men in the courtyard, and bringing none with him into the Lion’s Den.

* - If I have not sent you the statistics for them, please tell me, and I shall.
    My avatar, the OOTS version of Lord Crow, is by the magnificent Kymme!

War of the Five Kings (IC) Quotes
    27.5% of characters done!
    Everyone in this world is a psychopath.

5. - Top - End - #5

Rampart maintains a suitably... stoney expression. If it was within his power to influence the king, he would do so, but what chance does he have? He's a near-unacknowledged bastard of a petty lord, little better than a hedge knight before King Robert raised him up.

Once, the kingsguard was a noble order, before it was shattered by the rebellion. Even filled with Lannister appointees and sullied by the Kingslayer's presence, it is the order Ser Barristan has given his life to, it gave Rampart's life meaning when all else was lost. He cannot bring himself to abandon it so readily.

But then, he remembers the Bard - how Joffrey had ordered his tongue removed for a song - and his internal struggle resumes.

As they walk, he studies his sworn brothers in the corner of his eye.

OOC: Awareness Check, if necessary (3d6)[5]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

For DM only:
    Spoiler
    Show

Gregorius paces his study contemplating his next move as his clerk's gaze tracks his movements across the room, he finds himself in quite the predicament, the Starks want his support in the coming war, yet in giving his house's allegiance to them he would not only cause his own house to gain a host of enemies but also lose his house the relative independence they had enjoyed over the last so many years and yet should he decide to not join the Starks he could be making enemies much closer to home and the events that could follow from that could lead to the end of Felgraiv as a house, deciding it would be best to delay such a hefty decision and gain additional intelligence on the matter he says to his attendant,

"Ask them of their war plans and the policies they would instigate under their rule and if you can ask it in such a way that would not shame us find out for me what benefits we may gain from supporting them in this war."

As the clerk frantically jots down his words Gregorius takes a seat now considering the second matter, he had been invited to Drakhall by Lady Veyth to talk with her and Lord Turrel about the current situation, if he accepts this would be his first time in his life to leave Felgrad and what was more could he trust these people, could this be a trap he thought, he knew little of these places and only at this instant did he realise he knew rather little about the world as a whole, he decides that to better understand the situation and prepare for war the trip is worth his time, but he could not go unguarded neither allow Felgrad to go undefended he decides upon a compromise, as he got up and made for the door he shouts to his attendent,

"I'm going to Drakhall and I'll be taking the Felguard with me, inform the garrison that they will need to be extra vigilant while I am absent and that as an extra precaution no one may enter Felgrad unless they have proof they are a local, let them issue papers if they must but don't let anyone non-local in until I return... Oh and one more thing, you will be acting as steward until I return, I trust you will do nothing stupid."

OOC: Sorry for any changes between past and present tense.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

House Thyme of Red Spring is inundated with missives, for not only are they called by their liege lord, Hoster Tully, but Lady Whent of Harrenhal writes to Red Spring, as do the Lords of Maidenpool and Duskendale. In fact there are a flurry of ravens flitting in and out of their rookeries, making them wish they had a Maester. Lady Whent writes to Ermese, asking her to join her at Harrenhal for better protection, but also asks her to bring her troops to Harrenhal with her, and not to send them to Riverrun as Lord Hoster had asked.
    Lady Ermese Thyme has summoned those who she trusts most closely. At her right hand her mother sits, dressed as always in the black of a widow. She likes that look, Ermese still remembers her mother’s joy when the old lord had finally died. Next to the lady sits the septon, Renly Thovar who was pulling at his grey beard. At Ermese’s other hand a big imposing man was seated, Lord Fedde Rynne, her bannerman. And next to him sits his child, Ser Arn, who almost is happy at the prospect of war.

These aren’t the only ones who were present. At the door stand two soldiers who have proven their loyalty to the house on many occasions. Her fine hands are placed on the letters. She says: ”It appears that we live in troubled times. Lords have lost their heads and now they prepare for war. They ask me to join them, but they are divided. Leaving now could easily see us involved in rebellion and defeat. In that case we lose everything. For that reason it is my wish to suffer delays, does any of you have a suggestion?”

Spoiler
    Show
    @Breadstick: If you want to Brendyn can be one of those guards.
    Last edited by Raunchel; 2013-05-26 at 12:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Lord Rede Crow

Arriving at the gates, it is not long before Lord rede is admitted, though his troops are instructed to make camp outside of the city, and only twenty of his personal guard are allowed to enter. It is clear that a number of other Houses have answered Lord Tywin's call, for Lord Rede saw the banners of five different Houses on the fields outside Lannisport. But if five are here, where are the others?
    Lord Rede is directed towards the monlithic castle and his men are appointed rooms. It is not long before he receives a message from Lord Tywin to meet with himself and the other lords in the council chamber.
    Arriving, he finds Lord Kenning, Lord Crakehall, Lord Estren and Lord Farman, all prominent bannermen of the Lannisters as well as Ser Addam of the House Marbrand, a notable warrior.
    "Be seated Rede, Lord Roland here has travelled tenfold as far as you, yet still you are last. Crow's Nest has been silent."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, I did receive them.

I can't help imagining all of this said in Charles Dance's voice...

Lord Gregorious Felgraiv

The attendant shakes his head spluttering: "Steward? Ma-My Lord, I could not." Somehow Gregorious's previous actions have rather tainted the position in the eyes of his people.
    Nonetheless, Gregorious makes preparations for the visit. Riding across his lands, it is clear that Summer is at an end; it will soon be time for a harvest and to face a long winter perhaps.
    Reaching the border between his own lands and Lady Veyth's, a man calls to him and his guard: "Halt, who's there." At a first glance, it isn't clear who is speaking, and no men can be seen.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Please use full stops

Ser Rampart Stone

"I want you to look at something," Joffrey states, chilly, before directing the unwilling Stark girl's gaze towards a row of spikes upon the battlements. Joffrey steps out, gesturing at the heads of Septa Mordane, a number of Stark guardsmen, and Eddard Stark. Sansa refuses to look. Rampart feels as though something isn't right about her behaviour.
    Sandor Clegane is stood at the other end of battlements, 15ft from the king, whilst Ser Boros and Ser Mandon are both behind Ser Rampart, guarding the stairway. Surely one King's guard is enough to protect the king from a girl.

Spoiler
    Show
    His Awareness check only came close to success because Sansa is about as good at deception as Rampart...
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

House Grimewater receives a raven from Riverrun, calling them to arms, and informing them of the imminent arrival of a host of Northmen that will pass through their lands on their way south. The lord is called to play host to large party of their commanders.
    Old lord grimewater is pleased, he recalls that the Umbers also hae giants blood, they surely will not punish his house for an old unfortunate Heritage?
    he also feels sorry that he has already sent his support to Viserys. But right be right Viserys should be king, he guesses he will have to play along untill that time.

he says to maester Johr could you send ravens to to Our banner houses and ask them to come join us? we shall have a feast and i wat them to come prefferably With some might to display to Our Northern friends. he feels good about Meeting his relatives again, they are way to busy running their houses, he misses whe they could just ride to each other when they wanted to.

"but this arises problems, now we have to send an representative to joffrey to. " he thinks, so he asks his NeXT youngest son: could you fetch me Emir, i have need of him when he comes he tells him: get Down to kings landing, we need an representative Down there and i think that if i send any of my Family they might get hanged but if they only have you you are just an mercenary so they may not kill you, i know you are not supposed to do these tasks, but i beg.. please do it, you are the only i may trust, come here for instuctions....... half an hour later Emir is on his way to kings landing and lord grimewater is happy, and he thinks soon viserys will come With the dothraki and all my acting will be over he thinks before he goes out to work the Fields, how can a man expect his People to do chores he himself will not do?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lord Rede Crow

Arriving at the gates, it is not long before Lord rede is admitted, though his troops are instructed to make camp outside of the city, and only twenty of his personal guard are allowed to enter. It is clear that a number of other Houses have answered Lord Tywin's call, for Lord Rede saw the banners of five different Houses on the fields outside Lannisport. But if five are here, where are the others?
    Lord Rede is directed towards the monlithic castle and his men are appointed rooms. It is not long before he receives a message from Lord Tywin to meet with himself and the other lords in the council chamber.
    Arriving, he finds Lord Kenning, Lord Crakehall, Lord Estren and Lord Farman, all prominent bannermen of the Lannisters as well as Ser Addam of the House Marbrand, a notable warrior.
    "Be seated Rede, Lord Roland here has travelled tenfold as far as you, yet still you are last. Crow's Nest has been silent."
    (I think that I will allow the rest of you to read this, considering it isn't going to be secret. And it will hopefully be entertaining)

"... As the grave,"

He nodded once, and found his place amongst the men. At the end.

(Apologies for the disgracefully short reply, but I was unsure what to write, and, given that it was a conversation, I really did not want to go off on a tangent. I'd like to make a memory check on those lords present, to remember anything about them)

*EDIT* Screwed up the rolls. Will do them in the next post. Apologies.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by RylanC23; 2013-05-26 at 01:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Test: (1d6)[2](1d6)[1]
    Bonus:(1d6)[5](1d6)[1]
    Total = 7
    Last edited by RylanC23; 2013-05-26 at 01:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Brendyn looked on while the nobles discussed the recent events. Old Stark, beheaded? Ermese was right, this would be war. He cleared his throat: "My lady, I am sorry for interrupting, but I might have a suggestion. Your bad health is widely known and if you were to fall too ill to manage your affairs it would be impossible for you to march."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Lord Rede Crow

Memory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Many of these Houses seem to be loacted very near to Lannisport; with Crakehall being slightly further away. Still none of them hail from the Eastern portion of the Lannister's domain.
    Ser Addam is a noted commander and in the pocket of Lord Tywin. Lord Crakehall is a beast of a man with a passionate and occasionally violent disposition.
    The others are of middling rank, and are certainly not in Tywin's favour. AS far as Lord Rede recalls...

OOC: Also, sorry for not spoilering, when you originally did yours: I was just posting a lot of stuff at the time and forgot

"Quite." The word hangs in the air.
    "If you would take a seat? We can continue. Lord Farman, you may carry on."
    The Lord of Fair Isle nods and stammers out his assessment of his fleet and military position, which are do not seem to be startling or particularly interesting.
    Lord Estren and Lord Kenning follow with their dull military reports of the men they have brought, with only Crakehall managing to bring more than a thousand men.
    Tywin turns to Rede, at it is obvious to all that he was left to the end as a slight for his tardiness: "And you Lord Crow?"

Lord Grimewater

Setting out Emir makes good time for the first few days, travelling through lands he knows well, and occasionally calling upon a favour or a friend to get him further down the Trident. It is not long before he reaches Riverrun, where he sees a number of banners flying. Lord Hoster Tully is gathering his banners, but they are slow to arrive, and less than a quarter of them are there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Travelling to king's Landing and the arrival of the Northmen will both takes several weeks of time. Do you want to go into more depth about any of those actions?

I still don't think I know what the relationship is between these two characters: why is the Lord of the House 'begging' a pirate to work for him.

Also, sending an ambassador to the capital could be seen as being too friendly with the Lannisters. Just so you know.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Breadstick View Post
    Brendyn looked on while the nobles discussed the recent events. Old Stark, beheaded? Ermese was right, this would be war. He cleared his throat: "My lady, I am sorry for interrupting, but I might have a suggestion. Your bad health is widely known and if you were to fall too ill to manage your affairs it would be impossible for you to march."
    "Thank you for your suggestion, it seems to me to be a proper course of action. It will no doubt be clear to you that nothing of these words is supposed to be spoken off. I will retire to my rooms, I am having a fever again. Mother, will you be so kind that you will look after me like you have done so often? I wish to be kept fully informed of all new developments and all messages must be shown to me. Inform the lords and ladies of my illness and assure them that I will look at their letters once I have stopped ailing. Finally I want you to increase patrolling and to build up our stockpiles, we cannot affard to be starved.", Lady Ermese says before partially collapsing.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

"Escort the lady to her quarters, I will carry these papers with me", Lord Rynne said. Immediately Brendyn and his companion saluted and moved to carry the waifish girl to her rooms. Brendyn easily lifted the girl into the air, placing her on one of his trunk-like arms. He followed behind his betters, hardly feeling the girl's weight. The news of her new illness was already spreading while he placed Ermese on her bed. He left immediately after doing this, standing guard at the room's finely decorated door.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lord Rede Crow

Memory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Many of these Houses seem to be loacted very near to Lannisport; with Crakehall being slightly further away. Still none of them hail from the Eastern portion of the Lannister's domain.
    Ser Addam is a noted commander and in the pocket of Lord Tywin. Lord Crakehall is a beast of a man with a passionate and occasionally violent disposition.
    The others are of middling rank, and are certainly not in Tywin's favour. AS far as Lord Rede recalls...

OOC: Also, sorry for not spoilering, when you originally did yours: I was just posting a lot of stuff at the time and forgot

"Quite." The word hangs in the air.
    "If you would take a seat? We can continue. Lord Farman, you may carry on."
    The Lord of Fair Isle nods and stammers out his assessment of his fleet and military position, which are do not seem to be startling or particularly interesting.
    Lord Estren and Lord Kenning follow with their dull military reports of the men they have brought, with only Crakehall managing to bring more than a thousand men.
    Tywin turns to Rede, at it is obvious to all that he was left to the end as a slight for his tardiness: "And you Lord Crow?"
    Right. I am putting everything in spoilers now, for specific people. Also, I forgot to mention that I have been trying to immitate his voice while reading this. X3

For DM

Spoiler
    Show

He had leant back in his chair, with his arms crossed across his chest. While he was not to pleased about being ranked among these three fools. It was understandable, though. He could not be a recluse and then expect to be welcomed back with open arms. So, a test, then. Fine, he would play this game.

When his turn came, he stood over the table, a stern look on his face. He wondered if he resembled the man opposite him at this point, but he decided that it did not matter. He needed to focus. There were the reports of various hosts with the summoned lords, a map... pieces of a puzzle that would fall into the palm of his hand. He was still staring at the map when he answered Lord Tywin.

"Three hundered men. Two hundered infantry, one hundered archers. Expertly trained. More than a match for any foe in any even fight. Not that I plan to give them one,"

Rolling warfare, specifically, strategy.

Test: (1d6)[6](1d6)[4](1d6)[4](1d6)[4](1d6)[4]
    Bonus: (1d6)[5](1d6)[3]
    Total: 23. Hell yes.
    Last edited by RylanC23; 2013-05-26 at 02:04 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Now that she is alone with her mother and her maid Ermese is quickly undressed and put into her nightshirt. Back in her massive bed the young lady looks the part, especially now her mother is washing off the layers that usually conceal her freckled skin and the dark smears under her eyes. She is very thin and short for her age. Ermese looks at the patterns on the ceiling, she knows them intricately from the days that she has spent looking at them. She swallows and says: "Have the missives been sent?" and starts waiting for more news.

18. - Top - End - #18

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lord Rede Crow

Lord Grimewater

Setting out Emir makes good time for the first few days, travelling through lands he knows well, and occasionally calling upon a favour or a friend to get him further down the Trident. It is not long before he reaches Riverrun, where he sees a number of banners flying. Lord Hoster Tully is gathering his banners, but they are slow to arrive, and less than a quarter of them are there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Travelling to king's Landing and the arrival of the Northmen will both takes several weeks of time. Do you want to go into more depth about any of those actions?

I still don't think I know what the relationship is between these two characters: why is the Lord of the House 'begging' a pirate to work for him.

Also, sending an ambassador to the capital could be seen as being too friendly with the Lannisters. Just so you know.
    Spoiler
    Show

well i may og into greater detail if you want to, but it will be tuesday before i can give proper long responses, but before that i will have to do With fast writing.
    So i will be back soon, but right now i have spent 18 hours writing on an assignment almost non stop, sorry
    yes, but as i send missives to everybody, i cannot realy diclude the lannisters, when did Tywin not punish a slight?
    and the relation between the lord and the pirate is that the pirate may not be held as a hostage but is still to be trusted after many years of service.

Emir makes a stop to make shure that his lord is up to date and spends a night in one of the more rowdy taverns getting New "friends" and also getting to show off his horrible singing voice. after his stop he continues on his Journey, making a mental note to himself getting a loaded dice before he gets to kings landing.

19. - Top - End - #19

Ser Rampart Stone

"I want you to look at something," Joffrey states, chilly, before directing the unwilling Stark girl's gaze towards a row of spikes upon the battlements. Joffrey steps out, gesturing at the heads of Septa Mordane, a number of Stark guardsmen, and Eddard Stark. Sansa refuses to look. Rampart feels as though something isn't right about her behaviour.
    Sandor Clegane is stood at the other end of battlements, 15ft from the king, whilst Ser Boros and Ser Mandon are both behind Ser Rampart, guarding the stairway. Surely one King's guard is enough to protect the king from a girl.

Spoiler
    Show
    His Awareness check only came close to success because Sansa is about as good at deception as Rampart...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly forgot about that entirely. I just wanted to get a read on how my fellow Kingsguard felt about all this IC. This is a difficult one to think about purely IC. Sansa likely falls into one of his mental blind-spots for physical violence.

Rampart moves closer to Sansa and Joffrey, positioning himself between Sansa and the edge. He's concerned Sansa might break down and say something she will regret, or perhaps fall over the edge.

20. - Top - End - #20

Gregorius orders the column to come to a halt. He proceeds to dismount his horse before calling 4 of his legion of 100 to his side leaving the rest under the care of Drakos. Gregorius walks forward with his shield before him yet keeping his sword sheathed, the guards beside him mirror this with their own shields as the group advance, Gregorius calls out,

"I am Lord Felgraiv of Felgrad, who is it that sees fit to make their demands heard but yet not back them up with their own prescence?"

Rolling Awareness: (4d6)[15]

OOC: Does this mean I automatically gain a mount, since I did not spend the money to buy myself one?
    Last edited by Rayvent77567; 2013-05-26 at 03:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

From now on, I'll put everything in spoilers, so everyone is equal (plus then it isn't obvious when you are trying to hide something from everyone else...)

Brynden and Ermese

Spoiler
    Show
    Ermese's mother brings forward the missives, a worried frown showing her concern that such a young girl is taking such an interest in the running of the house.
    "Lord Rosby wants you to visit him all of a sudden, even though Rosby is leagues away. Lord Renfred Rykker asks the same at Duskendale. And here we've got the one from Lord Mooton of Maidenpoole, do you remember him? He's inclosed some 'recommendations' for your master-at-arms apparently. He seems concerned about repercussions coming from the Crownlands. And Lady Whent invites you to come to Harrenhal, during these "times of trouble" and to "make yourself safe with as many men as you feel as though you require." And Lord Hoster calls for 200 men to march for Riverrun. And House Rynne of course; they've written twice. Let's see, yes they are concerned, of course. And oh, he advises you to keep "Ser Arn" close."

Rampart Stone

Spoiler
    Show
    Stepping near, Rampart watches Sansa docilely lift her head and stare, unseeing at the tar covered heads. "He doesn't look like much, does he? The man who said I wasn't the King. Well what's a Hand without a head?" Joffrey's cruel laugh echoes off the silent walls. "That was a joke, my Lady. You should laugh. Laugh."

"Ser Rampart, I don't think Lady Sansa has had a good enough look at her father's rotting head. Pick her up."
    The spikes are on struts that place them about 5ft beyond the battlements where the group is stood. The space between them and the curtain wall may as well be empty air.

Lord Rede Crow

Spoiler
    Show
    Warfare:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The map clearly depicts the middle region of Westeros, with the Lannister/Tully border given the focus in this setup. Markers have been placed towards the bottom of the map, near what could be Bitterbridge, but they are not specific. The Clegane banner has been placed near Prestorhill with a number of other banners depicting a few of the more minor Houses in the Westerlands, so minor that Rede can only recall their insignia; a sword buried in sand, a chestnut, a sleeping lioness, a snake eating a sheaf of wheat.A number of banners have been placed around Riverrun, and a few on the within the boundaries of the Riverlands, as well as some blank red flags that could indicate points of attack. Rede had had no word of anything more than banditry so far: but maybe these were the sites of battles already fought. It was unclear.

"You seem very confident of that, Lord Rede. Have they fought any battles lately that I have not heard of? Ser Gregor Clegane is already harassing the river-landers, but I don't want to fight a protracted war. The Northerners are coming and I won't fight two armies at once. My son Jaime is bringing forces from King's Landing and I intend to meet them here, at this crossroads. Then we will march north and crush the Houses that have responded to the Clegane attacks. Acornhall, and Bendhall. Then Riverrun if all goes as it should. I needn't remind you all that Hoster Tully is an old man, and his son is a fool. Robb Stark is a boy. I want this done by Winter."

Lord Gregorius Felgraiv

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be pretty embarrassing for your character to walk all the way...
    Also, if you don't specify how you are going to travel ten or twenty miles I'll assume horseback

So yeah, you can have a horse (and I'll subtract his cost from your next pay cheque)

Is Felgrad the town, and Fellspire the House's 'Stronghold' then?

Gregorius spies a man perched in the branches of a large oak ahead, with an arrow knocked and pointed at the Felgraiv men. From a small amount of rustling and movement, Gregorius also notes the presence of at least eight figures, of which most seem to be carrying bows.
    "I am Halden. Lady Veyth's watcher. I was told there might be men coming from here. But you never know. We've heard strange things from Felgrad lately. The last Lord wasn't even known as Felgraiv as I recall; and he wasn't a Gregorious."
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lord Rede Crow

Spoiler
    Show
    Warfare:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The map clearly depicts the middle region of Westeros, with the Lannister/Tully border given the focus in this setup. Markers have been placed towards the bottom of the map, near what could be Bitterbridge, but they are not specific. The Clegane banner has been placed near Prestorhill with a number of other banners depicting a few of the more minor Houses in the Westerlands, so minor that Rede can only recall their insignia; a sword buried in sand, a chestnut, a sleeping lioness, a snake eating a sheaf of wheat.A number of banners have been placed around Riverrun, and a few on the within the boundaries of the Riverlands, as well as some blank red flags that could indicate points of attack. Rede had had no word of anything more than banditry so far: but maybe these were the sites of battles already fought. It was unclear.

"You seem very confident of that, Lord Rede. Have they fought any battles lately that I have not heard of? Ser Gregor Clegane is already harassing the river-landers, but I don't want to fight a protracted war. The Northerners are coming and I won't fight two armies at once. My son Jaime is bringing forces from King's Landing and I intend to meet them here, at this crossroads. Then we will march north and crush the Houses that have responded to the Clegane attacks. Acornhall, and Bendhall. Then Riverrun if all goes as it should. I needn't remind you all that Hoster Tully is an old man, and his son is a fool. Robb Stark is a boy. I want this done by Winter."

For DM

Spoiler
    Show
    He ignored his question, acting as if it had been rhetoric. "Robb Stark is a boy, yes, but so were you when the Rains began weaping over Castamere. Even if he is so weak afterall, surely the wiser option would be to consider him a threat, and act accordingly. For instance... Why waste time on the likes of Acornhall and Bendhall before the attack at Riverrun? Simply cut the head off the snake, take Riverrun quickly, and the rest will follow. Or, at the very least, the majority of the might of the Riverlands will be destroyed - the Late Lord Frey certainly wouldn't oppose you. And, with Frey in line, Robb Stark has to commit his forces to either side of the Green Fork, where he can then be crushed in the field. If he is still a boy, that is,"
    Last edited by RylanC23; 2013-05-26 at 06:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

For DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gregorius sighs,

"You hardly think I would have an army like this as one of the smallfolk, do you? and the only large settlement between here and the Sunset Sea, therefore that would make me Lord of Felgrad and as for being Lady Veyth's Watcher I'm surprised she hasn't had you killed for incompetence already if you can't even identify the Lord of a neighboring house."

Gregorius lowers his shield and orders his men to do the same, before ordering the 4 men accompanying him back in line and remounting his horse.

"Will that be all?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OCC:I'll just take the cost for the horse directly from my current money.

Also, Felgrad is the Town that Gregorius renamed from Korford.
    Felspire is the Castle that Gregorius renamed from Hiegraiv Castle.
    Last edited by Rayvent77567; 2013-05-26 at 06:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Jaime Prestorhill is told by his father that Hoster Tully has declared his support for Robb Stark, and that they have received a raven from the Lannisters informing them that Ser Gregor Clegane would be bringing his men to Prestorhill and that they ought to add their strength to his.
    Jaime stood beside his father Janos as the Prestorhill troops paraded throughout the town. Lord Janos wanted to make a proper display of Prestorhill "might" for the incoming Lannister forces. While the Garrison forces were showing proper discipline, the Archers and Engineers were less so. Since the days of the Castamere Rebellion, Prestorhill had been focused on defending its territory. The offensive forces Tywin Lannister was asking for had to be created from scratch. Lord Janos did seem to beam with pride at the troops' display. Lord Jaime looked on more seriously.

For the DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It had fallen to Lord Jaime to ready Prestorhill and its forces for for the arrival of the Mountain.Stewardship:[roll0]

Unlike his father, who was excited to prove the House's worth to the Lannisters, to "Regain the glory of the house" Jaime was deeply troubled by the news. Never a warrior, the thought of the war upon the realm was an unsettling one. And Jaime really didn't want a monster like the Mountain loose in his home. He would talk privately with the head of the garrison about increased security for the the town with the increased number of people in the region.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    My roll seems to have gotten screwed up. (9d6)[26]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

For the DM, Omegonthesane, and Orosburo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jacelyn studied the letters he had received carefully. So there was to be a succession crisis eh. This was sure to be interesting. But who to support? Duty and Honor of course dictated that they support their liege, which meant Joffrey. But his father had instilled in him at a young age the all important lesson that blindly following duty and honor was stupid. If rumor was to be believed Eddard Stark was the sort of person who did that, it didn't end well for him. So once more the question became who to support. If Renly had crowned himself king there was no doubt that his elder brother Stannis wold as well, Stannis did have the stronger claim. So that presented three options.

Jacelyn didn't really know much about these three kings. He had seen Joffrey once or twice at a feast or a tournament, but they had never spent any considerable amount of time together. He knew even less about Robert's two brothers. There were of course the practicalities to consider. King Joffrey would most likely receive the support of the lords of the Crownlands, and the letter from Casterly Rock showed that he had the support of his grandfather. Renly had the support of the Reach apparently, and most of the Stormlands. It was impossible to say which of those two would prove victorious. The Reach was the most populous of the seven kingdoms and that meant lots of soldiers, but the Westerlands was the richest of the kingdoms. One thing was certain though, Stannis with his meager island holdings did not stand a chance.

Coming to a decision Jacelyn summoned two of his most trusted retainers: Cid Sand and Karl the Dimunitive. Once the two had arrived Jacelyn sent the servant away and spoke frankly. "Tywin Lannister has called his banners, it seems some of the lords of the Seven Kingdoms do not support his grandson's claim to the Iron Throne. Cid I want you to gather my soldiers and make a good show of supporting our liege. But don't be too prompt about it. We are a long way from Casterly Rock so delays are to be expected and I am not yet sure that supporting Joffrey is in House Lyre's best interests. Karl, I would like you and a dozen or so of your 'associates' are to escort me on a trip south to Beechwood grove to assess my options."

27. - Top - End - #27

Flumph

For Lord Jacelyn and the GM
    Spoiler
    Show

"Aye, milord... but the Lannisters will be most displeased when you send a mere master at arms when he calls for his banners. You are a man grown, Lord Jacelyn. Your liege lord will want a explanation as to why you couldn't come. Lord Tywin is not a man who tolerates insult. I would council you to send your brother, or your sister, even, to come with your vassals to represent House Lyre's interests in Casterly Rock and King's Landing. Jana is a cultured and lettered woman, and she'll be taken seriously by the noblefolk. Jaime is a bit young, but his namesake of the Rock will endear him to our liege lords. In any case, I defer to your judgement, Lord Jacelyn. I will prepare some of our good men to answer the Lannister's ravens."
    Last edited by Orosboru; 2013-05-26 at 09:40 PM.
    Orphidian Urge: Corrupt youth throughout creation with insidious role-playing games.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

For the DM, Cid Sand, and Karl the Diminutive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Tywin Lannister can hardly object to me sending an experienced soldier in place of a green young boy. But I take your point. You shall take Jaime with you as your squire. I trust you shall keep him safe. Jana however shall remain here in Silverfox Hall to see to the administration of my lands while I am away, with the assistance of Maester Jon."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

ElfPirate

House Arctium of Bendhall also receives a command from their liege lord, calling them to arms, but they are warned of raiders from the Westerlands who may well march against them before the Northern host can reinforce them. Ser Goren reads the letter to his brother's son, the child lord of House Arctium, but knows he must make the decisions. How best to defend their house against the oncoming storm?
    Spoiler
    Show

Goren enters the longhall where his little lordling nephew is holding 'court,' as it were. Hearing the common complaints of smallfolk and entertaining the few guardsmen assigned to his person with jests was how he spent his day, young head half drunk with power and cheap wine.
    "Barrett, M'lord. Maester Athon has just brought me a little from your liege in Riverrun. He warns us that we may soon need to prepare for attacks by the westerlands. Perhaps under the banners of the Lannisters. Either way, my lord, I believe we need to send an emissary to Riverrun. We have no banners to call and barely enough men to defend our own lands, much less send any extra forces to his lordship should it come to war."
    He waits for the slightest positive response from the foolish boy before pressing on.
    "I would recommend you send one of your trusted retainers to treat with Lord Hoster who could ably request some protection from his lordship and renew our oaths of fealty in light of the potential for civil unrest. Maester Athon is working with the captain of our guard to quell unrest among the smallfolk and capture some of the lawbreakers currently hiding in the ruins. Neither of those two men would be suitable to make our plea, then." It often pained Goren to have to continually explain his logic to the young man, but he had no other tutors. If Barrett did not learn statecraft from his more experienced uncle, their already ailing house was in grave peril of perishing before a new generation dawned. "We have no knights of standing or reputation to speak for us to Tully, so I fear that sending me is the best option we have, unless you'd like to make the journey yourself." The idea of having his nephew visit their liege himself was an appealing one. Having him underfoot and out of the way, should fighting actually arrive, would make him far more effective than otherwise. Perhaps... "In fact, m'lord, it has been too long since you said the words yourself. I think it would not be unwise at all for you to be the one to deliver our request to Lord Tully. And I've heard that Edmure often manages to keep a train of nobly born ladies at his court. It's past time you consider marriage, or at least a betrothal. It would go a long way towards regaining some of the former power of our house. And, to be honest, it has often been the way of our House to dig our roots deep through marriage to those in this region. So, my lord, how do you think?" Either way, I win. If he decides to go, I have great opportunity to do good here without oversight and in his absence. I know he greatly favors the trinkets his goldsmith make him, but if I could be rid of the man half the thieves would follow his wares. If he allows me to go, I may just manage to win some aid from the Tullys.

(I'm thinking simple intrigue: seduce to convince him to go in my place, but I'll roll for it and convince, use whichever you think works best.)
    Seduce: (4d6)[6][3][3][5](17)
    Convince: (6d6b4)[2][3][5][3][1][3](17)

30. - Top - End - #30

Spoiler
    Show
    Ermese's mother brings forward the missives, a worried frown showing her concern that such a young girl is taking such an interest in the running of the house.
    "Lord Rosby wants you to visit him all of a sudden, even though Rosby is leagues away. Lord Renfred Rykker asks the same at Duskendale. And here we've got the one from Lord Mooton of Maidenpoole, do you remember him? He's inclosed some 'recommendations' for your master-at-arms apparently. He seems concerned about repercussions coming from the Crownlands. And Lady Whent invites you to come to Harrenhal, during these "times of trouble" and to "make yourself safe with as many men as you feel as though you require." And Lord Hoster calls for 200 men to march for Riverrun. And House Rynne of course; they've written twice. Let's see, yes they are concerned, of course. And oh, he advises you to keep "Ser Arn" close."
    DM and Breadstick
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Inform them that I am unfit to travel. My present health is in too bad a state. Of course you greatly regret this course of events, but I am currently incapable of speaking or giving any kind of orders. But please, do inform Lord Rynne to prepare for war, it is not my intention to be slaughtered in my bed. I would ask Ser Arn to organize our preparations"