New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

You've been added to the schedule. Aventine, are you able to start recruiting within the next few days?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

that didn't take long. It was fun while it lasted!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still wondering what was AV's plan on Day 2.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I'm still wondering what was AV's plan on Day 2.
    Did everyone get a "don't trust XXX, and I'm only sending this to you"-type message?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't >.> Funny enough, I've always been PMed by AV on games where we were both Town and never when I was a wolf.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    You've been added to the schedule. Aventine, are you able to start recruiting within the next few days?
    Yeah, it's been a bit hectic, but I'll get a post up in a day or two.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Ok, recruitment post is up. Hopefully I didn't forget anything in it, the rules are pretty different from the normal standard here (which is a big part of why I wanted to steal this particular setup, to see how y'all will handle it).

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Well, I am officially looking for a replacement to sub in, in case anyone not already in Witch Hunt sees this.

10. - Top - End - #190

WolfInSheepsClothing

Since we're doing the "Same narrator multiple times on the list" thing, apparently, can I be added to run the Craziest Idea on the end of ye list, please?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Since we're doing the "Same narrator multiple times on the list" thing, apparently, can I be added to run the Craziest Idea on the end of ye list, please?
    Aaaaand done.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Well, I am officially looking for a replacement to sub in, in case anyone not already in Witch Hunt sees this.
    If I and JonnyPatches die this Day, could one of us sub? I don't think either of us have info that isn't public to everybody, so it's not like us subbing in would unlock info we wouldn't otherwise have.
    And I'd be fine deferring to the new player as first pick, if he'd like to keep playing.

Of course, a real sub from a player not playing already is probably better.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Add me to the list for Stranger Things Mafia

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Add me to the list for Stranger Things Mafia
    You're added.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    If I and JonnyPatches die this Day, could one of us sub? I don't think either of us have info that isn't public to everybody, so it's not like us subbing in would unlock info we wouldn't otherwise have.
    And I'd be fine deferring to the new player as first pick, if he'd like to keep playing.

Of course, a real sub from a player not playing already is probably better.
    I will likely end up allowing something like this. I don't generally like allowing players that were in the game and died to sub back in, but the lack of PMs does make it more plausible that someone could sub back in and honestly not have any additional information carried over from their first life.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    I will likely end up allowing something like this. I don't generally like allowing players that were in the game and died to sub back in, but the lack of PMs does make it more plausible that someone could sub back in and honestly not have any additional information carried over from their first life.
    Oh dang. I guess I should have offered. A little late for that now considering the fact that I now know things I probably shouldn't have. Given the deadchat
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-08-11 at 10:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Throw me in for Battle Royale Werewolf, a sequel both to the Battle Royale I ran awhile ago and... well, only that. But a werewolf game.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Oh dang. I guess I should have offered. A little late for that now considering the fact that I now know things I probably shouldn't have. Given the deadchat
    You also know your original role. JeenLeen's was narrator confirmed, so that's less of an issue.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Throw me in for Battle Royale Werewolf, a sequel both to the Battle Royale I ran awhile ago and... well, only that. But a werewolf game.
    Scratch that. Yu-Gi-Oh themed Werewolf.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Scratch that. Yu-Gi-Oh themed Werewolf.
    Scheduled.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you! Believe in the heart of the cards!
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Thank you! Believe in the heart of the cards!
    That sounds fun!

I've figured the most logical power of the Millennium Puzzle is letting one draw whatever card you need, given the absolutely awful decks Yugi uses and yet wins. (But that's true for most of the anime characters, at least up to where I watched the show. Oh--for the good days before Synchro summoning and what-all craziness now exists.)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mafia-like game (not mine) currently recruiting here for anyone interested

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    Mafia-like game (not mine) currently recruiting here for anyone interested
    strictly speaking it is more RPG than Mafia, but still an interesting concept.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-08-19 at 03:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Witch Hunt has ended in a town victory. It has been archived with the other Witch Hunt games as "Witch Hunt VII", in case it matters.

@gac3 go ahead and get a recruitment thread up for your game, please.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Witch Hunt has ended in a town victory. It has been archived with the other Witch Hunt games as "Witch Hunt VII", in case it matters.

@gac3 go ahead and get a recruitment thread up for your game, please.
    Will do. Just started work so it'll be a bit but will have it up today.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...8#post24673948

Officially recruiting. My goal is to have roles up in the next six hours but if I don't manage it, then it will be tomorrow night for me.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Hey AV, I'm trying to trot out the outline of the game I've got going - which is a ways off, but who knows someone else might have to cancel - and I'm introducing a few new concepts and I want to make sure it's fair to both sides.

Basically, it's an all PR game. Those tend to weaken Wolves a lot so I've tried to skew the powers in the direction of the wolves through the use of additional Phases that basically make the wolves' effects go off first every night. Here's what I've got.

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    Basic Game Play Overview
    (Largely taken from AvatarVecna (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?607501) and altered to fit this game.

The game is played in turns that consist of six different phases.
    There's a draw phase, during which time I, the narrator, reveal the resolution of the powers at the previous end phase, and players' abilities refresh. The Draw Phase is skipped during the first turn.
    In the same post, the Standby Phase will occur. Additional powers will resolve. In general, Hero powers will resolve in the Standby Phase while Villain powers will resolve in the End Phase.
    There is a Main Phase 1, identical to what in other games is called the Day Phase. During this phase, votes are cast on which players shall be Destroyed. Votes are done in red text. You may change your vote if you wish, in which case, you should edit your previous post and strike-through your previous vote. Generally, a Destroyed Player is Removed from the game, and their role shall be revealed.
    In the Battle Phase, the player with the most votes is Destroyed.
    Then, in Main Phase 2, similar to the more common werewolf game’s Night Phase, power usage is declared, and will resolve in either the Standby Phase or the Endphase.
    Endphase. Villain powers will resolve, and resolutions will appear in the same post as the next day’s Draw Phase, Standby Phase, and start of Main Phase One.

Hero Roles
    Pharoah ____ - Lover: You are bound to the soul of Yugi Moto until you can learn your name and pass on to the afterlife. The two of you share a special bond, and also a body.
    Mirror Force: During your Main Phase 2: Choose one player. In the Standby Phase of the next turn, that player gains the effect: During the battle phase, if this player would be destroyed, a random player who voted for them in the Main Phase One is destroyed instead. This effect lasts until the next endphase.
    Yugi Moto - Lover: You wished on the Millennium Puzzle for true friendship, and ever since that day your soul has been bound to an Ancient Egyptian Pharoah. The two of you share a special bond, and also a body.
    Magical Hats: During your Main Phase 2: Choose one player. In the Standby Phase of the next turn, that player gains the effect: Cannot be targeted by card effects. This effect lasts until the next endphase.
    Lovers: The lovers begin in concert with one another. However, both die if one does. Mind Shuffle: On the first turn, during your Main Phase 2: choose one of the lovers to use their ability. The other lover can use no ability this turn. Any effect that targets the lover not chosen instead targets the active lover. Every turn thereafter, the other lover takes point.

Joey Wheeler - ???:

Tea Gardner - ???: Resurrection, maybe?

Seto Kaiba - Vigilante: You can overpower this ridiculous magic with technology and brilliance. On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. Destroy that target during the next Standby Phase.

Ishizu Ishtar - Seer: Your Role PM only identifies you as “Tombkeeper Ishtar.” During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Learn that player’s role.

Marik Ishtar - Fool: Your Role PM only identifies you as “Tombkeeper Ishtar.” During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Receive a random role result as if it were a scry result.

Dark Magician - ???:

Blue-Eyes White Dragon - ???:

Villain Roles

Zorc Necrophades - Alpha: You cannot be targeted by card effects (player abilities). Tribute to the Doomed: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. In the Endphase, Destroy them. This power passes on to the next villain in the event of its owner’s Destruction, in the order that the roles are listed.
    Yami Bakura - Devil: You are capable of assuming the identity of the mild-mannered Bakura, and infiltrating the circle of friendship. Cursed Mirror: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. In the Endphase, learn their role.
    Dark Necrofear - Ghost: You are the Queen of the Netherworld, and the mother of the Cursed Twin Dolls. Death cannot keep you from serving Zorc. Change of Heart: When you are destroyed: Target 1 Player. In the Endphase, take control of that target (they become a Villain).
    Diabound - Vortexer: You are the collection of the rage of the slaughtered village of Kul Elna. Your blood is on the Pharoah’s hands. Call of the Earthbound: On your Main Phase 2: Target two Players. Any card effect, other than your own, that targets either Player until the next Standby Phase instead targets the other.

Morphing Jar: ???

I'm still working it out, but what do you think? Thanks in advance if you take the time to look it over.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

I think it reads pretty well, but just want to clarify one point:
    Dark Necrofear - Ghost: You are the Queen of the Netherworld, and the mother of the Cursed Twin Dolls. Death cannot keep you from serving Zorc. Change of Heart: When you are destroyed: Target 1 Player. In the Endphase, take control of that target (they become a Villain).
    This only happens once, correct? It isn't a power that keeps on selecting someone else to become a villain, because that would be too OP.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

If you read the cost, the targeting is conditional upon Dark Necrofear's destruction. She's only destroyed once, I am currently uninterested in introducing Monster Reborn.

Spoiler: I have a lot more roles finished now
    Show
    Hero Roles
    Pharoah ____ - Lover: You are bound to the soul of Yugi Moto until you can learn your name and pass on to the afterlife. The two of you share a special bond, and also a body.
    Mirror Force: During your Main Phase 2: Choose one player. In the Standby Phase of the next turn, that player gains the effect: During the battle phase, if this player would be destroyed, a random player who voted for them in the Main Phase One is destroyed instead. This effect lasts until the next endphase.
    Yugi Moto - Lover: You wished on the Millennium Puzzle for true friendship, and ever since that day your soul has been bound to an Ancient Egyptian Pharoah. The two of you share a special bond, and also a body.
    Magical Hats: During your Main Phase 2: Choose one player. In the Standby Phase of the next turn, that player gains the effect: Cannot be targeted by card effects. This effect lasts until the next endphase.
    Lovers: The lovers begin in concert with one another. However, both die if one does. Mind Shuffle: On the first turn, during your Main Phase 2: choose one of the lovers to use their ability. The other lover can use no ability this turn. Any effect that targets the lover not chosen instead targets the active lover. Every turn thereafter, the other lover takes point.

Joey Wheeler - Roulette: You’ve come a long way because of the help of Yugi. You will support him no matter what. Time Roulette: On your Main Phase 2: Roll a die (d6). During the next standby phase, the die roll resolves. During your next Main Phase 1, your vote counts as a number of votes totaling half the result rolled (rounded down) in the final tally. Exchange: If you change sides as a result of a card effect, roll a die on each Main Phase 2. On a result of a 5 or 6, you return to your original team on the next standby phase.

Tea Gardner - Magician of Faith: You never give up on your friends, even after they’re technically dead. Dirge of the Lost: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 dead player on your faction’s side. Gain the effects of that player, then perform the cost (targeting) as appropriate.

Seto Kaiba - Vigilante: You can overpower this ridiculous magic with technology and brilliance. On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. Destroy that target during the next Standby Phase.

Ishizu Ishtar - Seer: You wield the Millennium Scale, and can look into the future. Your Role PM only identifies you as “Tombkeeper Ishtar.” During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Learn that player’s role.

Marik Ishtar - Fool: Once, you despised your Tombkeeper lineage and tried to take over the world as the new Pharoah. Since then, you’ve decided to redeem yourself, but you’re out of practice being helpful. Your Role PM only identifies you as “Tombkeeper Ishtar.” During your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player. Receive a random role result as if it were a scry result.

Solomon Moto - Experienced Player: You’ve collected all the best cards in the game, and know it better than anyone. Spellbook of Knowledge: On your Main Phase 2: Choose one player. Their effect is boosted depending on their special ability. Once you choose a player, you cannot boost that same player until 2 Standby Phases have passed.

Dark Magician - Watcher:

Dark Magician Girl - Lookout:

Blue-Eyes White Dragon - ???:
    Destined Rivals

Mai Valentine - Observer: You have tuned your senses to give yourself a near-psychic knowledge of your surroundings. Elegant Egotist: Each standby phase, you learn which players target you. Aroma Strategy: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 player who has targeted you. On your next standby phase, receive the same results (verbatim) that player received.

Villain Roles

Zorc Necrophades - Alpha: You cannot be targeted by card effects (player abilities). Tribute to the Doomed: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. In the Endphase, Destroy them. This power passes on to the next villain in the event of its owner’s Destruction, in the order that the roles are listed.
    Yami Bakura - Devil: You are capable of assuming the identity of the mild-mannered Bakura, and infiltrating the circle of friendship. Cursed Mirror: On your Main Phase 2: Target 1 Player. In the Endphase, learn their role.
    Diabound - Vortexer: You are the collection of the rage of the slaughtered village of Kul Elna. Your blood is on the Pharoah’s hands. Call of the Earthbound: On your Main Phase 2: Target two Players. Any card effect, other than your own, that targets either Player until the next Standby Phase instead targets the other.

Morphing Jar: ???
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-09-01 at 12:01 AM.
    Show