New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Afterlife

1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Afterlife

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Actually, Xihirli, how's it going with your vote on a person who can possibly be verified by a night ability? Your vote on Apogee did only come once he was going to be lynched.

Votecount:

Batcathat (3): gac3, Murska, bladescape
    Murska (2): Batcathat, Aventine
    Aventine (1): Book Wombat
    Book Wombat (1): Xihirli
    Xihirli (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    I haven't moved it yet, and I've already gone over my reasons why verifying the ability does absolutely nothing to change my views on the alignment of a person. As far as we know, every wolf can do that.

- - - Updated - - -

But hey, silly me, using someone's behavior and not their power (which I must repeat we have NO information on how that affects alignment) to decide who we murder.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xih.

The likelihood of wolves having two identical PRs is not generally high.

I don't know how AV runs the game but for a Medium Style role it would make thematic sense to have one for each alignment.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Assumptions something something u and mptions.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #274

Batcathat I guess, I don't want Xi dead but was expecting more to happen before end of day.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Batcathat I guess, I don't want Xi dead but was expecting more to happen before end of day.
    I too expected more action, but I was really hoping for less votes for me, rather than more.

6. - Top - End - #276

Who would you vote then? I'm obviously not going Murska but who is your second suspect?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Who would you vote then? I'm obviously not going Murska but who is your second suspect?
    Tough to say. Other than Murska I don't really have any suspects (considering how good my reads usually are, that probably means you are all wolves somehow ). Maybe blade for being so convinced Murska's town?

- - - Updated - - -

Or Aventine, since not voting for Apogee is apparently a huge red flag.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show
    Batcathat: gac3, Murska, bladescape, CaoimhinTheCape
    Murska: Batcathat, Aventine
    Aventine: Book Wombat
    Book Wombat: Xihirli

Day Three Ends

Another day, another exorcism. This one got dragged down to hell.

Batcathat died. They were the Possessive Polterguist.

You are the Possessive Polterguist. Your win condition is the elimination of all non-Polterguists except the Medium, whose status does not affect your victory one way or the other.

Every night, select one player who has not been eliminated. You gain access to their role QT.
    Night Three Ends In ~24 Hours
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-08-19 at 04:30 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting. Bat actually was a wolf. And probably wasted their power night one or two on me. Who knows for the other night.

This means that QTs should be safe again. They couldn't share links with other wolves. So anything said now probably won't make it back to wolves unless you say it directly to a wolf.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground

Player List:
    1. Apogee1 - Psychic Polterguist
    2. Aventine - ???
    3. Batcathat - Possessive Polterguist
    4. Book Wombat - Psychic Ghost
    5. bladescape - ???
    6.CaoimhinTheCape - ???
    7.EmmyNecromancer - Ghost
    8. gac3 - Medium
    9. Murska - ???
    10. rogue_alchemist - Ghost
    11. Snowblaze - Ghost
    12. Supagoof - Possessive Ghost
    13. Xihirli - ???
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

11. - Top - End - #281

Well, that was the one role I was worried about Book being instead of what he claimed. Looks like we're in good shape again.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that was the one role I was worried about Book being instead of what he claimed. Looks like we're in good shape again.
    To clarify, this assumption was that I was lying about their power? Correct? Makes sense. Town shouldn't trust neutrals.

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    To clarify, this assumption was that I was lying about their power? Correct? Makes sense. Town shouldn't trust neutrals.
    It's not really relevant now. I was worried that the pair of you (Book/gac) were a Wolf and Neutral who made a deal. I believed that Book reached out to you but was worried he used the Psychic Poltergeist ability with a cover story of being the Psychic Ghost.

I don't think that there would be two Psychic Poltergeists so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Next stop, Aventine.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

I only just noticed that AV messed up the code around the vote count and I know it's most likely an innocent mistake but there is genuinely part of me that is like... "What does this mean... Is this part of the bastard rules? But that's just normal werewolf paranoid I guess."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

End Of Night Three

Another night, another exorcism. This one floated up to heaven.

Book Wombat died. They were the Psychic Ghost.

You are the Psychic Ghost. Your win condition is the elimination of all non-Ghosts except the Medium, whose status does not affect your victory one way or the other.

Every night, you may target two players who have not been eliminated from the game. You may select yourself as one of the targets, if you wish. I will create a conversation QT named "Afterlife: [target 1] / [target 2]", and privately post a link to that QT in the personal QTs of target 1, target 2, and you. You are allowed to talk in this QTs, if you wish. If the two targets already have a conversation QT between them, your power fails.
    Day Four Ends In ~48 Hours

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys. I won! Yay. Now I can do whatever because everything is made up and the points don't matter.

18. - Top - End - #288

Well, starting with a vote on Aventine. Voting for the same person as BatCat yesterday isn't really a good look. Probably not going to have time for a longer post tonight, can do some analysis tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, starting with a vote on Aventine. Voting for the same person as BatCat yesterday isn't really a good look. Probably not going to have time for a longer post tonight, can do some analysis tomorrow.
    I actually am more inclined toward Xi
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-08-19 at 09:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I actually am more inclined toward Xi
    That hurts my feelings.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

That hurts my feelings.
    I mean... It's not personal. But based on evidence formed from ignoring long evidence posts because I don't really care who is a wolf at this point. Especially since literally none have tried to chat with me.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

I'll start with Aventine, myself.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

23. - Top - End - #293

Spoiler: BatCatHat
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I want to disagree with this but we kind of have screwed each other over in the last couple of games, haven't we? (Okay, so "can't be converted to my cult" isn't really something you can or should be blamed for but still. )

Voting for someone who screwed me over does seem more fun than randomly so let's go with Book Wombat.
    I ended up being rather busy (I traveled by boat, train and automobile, did someone cast me in a Steve Martin sequel?) but hopefully I should be able to be more active by D2 or so.

Not a lot to go on, but I suppose that's to be expected D1. Blade's case seems like the most sold-ish one, so let's say rogue_alchemist.

My thoughts exactly. I'm really hoping that you're a wolf, so I can weaponize my ability to accidentally screw with you but with my normal luck I'll probably get you killed and find out you're some really important town role.
    Hopefully someone has something more solid to go on but for now I agree that EmmyNecromancer at least has some explaining to do.

In addition to her weird first post and her very "Oh, by the way I'm totally Town" second post, didn't Emmy claim very early in the last couple of games? Not doing it this game doesn't mean anything on it's own but it seems worth pointing out.

These first few posts were all against people who have turned up town. Not too surprising but I don't see anything to analyze in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze
    - do you think Apogee was bussed? Why/why not? If so, by who?
    - what are your reads on bladescape and Aventine, and why?
    - if you had to pick one town and one wolf in Batcathat/Book Wombat/Emmy/Supagoof, which would you choose and why?
    Not sure. I'll reread it tomorrow when I'm back home and should have more time. People seemed to jump to Apogee pretty quickly, so maybe?

I'm leaning slightly towards town on bladescape and no idea about Aventine.

I'd say Emmy as a wolf for the reasons I stated earlier and BW for town, though that's mostly gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape
    one confirmed Medium (gac)
    While I do think gac is probably the medium, is it actually confirmed?

I suppose he could confirm it in a QT, since it seems unlikely that the wolves would have another QT-creating power.
    Non committal about people on the Apogee wagon (later accuses Murska hard).

The reads on blade and Ave are interesting since they're still alive. That line alone isn't enough yet.

Emmy and BW both dead. Actually, everyone in that group Snow suggested is dead (3 town, 1 Wolf).

Finally, he questions me about knowing gac is medium.

Okay, so what were you trying to say about the medium? And don't you have anything to say now that you're ahead in the polls?

Makes sense. I guess that means you're confirmed now. Technically I suppose you could be either Wolf or Town with a similar power but it seems unlikely there would be another Wolf with that power and I can't see why you'd claim neutral as town (I guess maybe to make yourself less of a NK target? But that seems pretty unlikely).

Would you mind sharing your reasoning behind choosing Cao and Blade for your QT?

As promised, I went back and looked at the Apogee wagon but I didn't really see anything new. If there was bussing, it'd probably be Murska and/or Xi but don't really see anything pointing to it.
    Mentions Murska and Xi. Well, if I had read his posts more closely this probably would have been a red flag (from neutral on Murska to definitely wolf).

Both of them was town? I had almost convinced myself that Snow's warning was a wolf trying to score towncred.

I don't know what to think about the Murska/BW theory, I need to go back and reread some things.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3
    1. I am like very very confident that BW/Murska are not the remaining wolves. Like, would bet my victory on it confident. Maybe one of them but not both.
    Gut feeling or do you have some mysterius medium insight in the matter?

gac and Murska vote for BatCatHat
    Two votes and zero motivation. I kind of suspect that gac (whether or not helping the wolves) has some selfish motivations. Assuming he's honest about his wincon, I'm one of the people he still need to contact but only as long as I'm alive.

Murska following along without any explanation seems shady, especially in combination with Snow's arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape
    Murska is pretty bloody towny imo.
    Do you have an actual case for that? Voting Apogee is certainly a point in Murska's favor but as has already been pointed out, it's hardly irrefutable evidence and following up a unexplained vote with an unexplained vote doesn't scream trustworthy to me (even if I hadn't been the target of the votes).

That said, I'm not married to the idea of lynching Murska, but I don't see any other good candidates at the moment.
    I don't think I have anything to add to the discussion about Murska's Apogee vote that hasn't already been said. There's certainly an interpretation where Murska is town, but it's not some complete guarantee for his innocence like blade seems to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska
    However, if I were a committed wolf making a big gambit and intending to pull the game home with it, I would certainly not be coasting during the following days, content to pay little attention and not steer the boat.
    I don't see why you couldn't do a clever/ballsy move and then hang back, whether for tactical reasons (if that's what you did, it seems to have worked quite well) or just because you're busy.

Anyway, if you have some actual suspicions against me and didn't just jump at gac's vote, would you care to share them?

Quote Originally Posted by Murska
    You voted for rogue alchemist on the first day, instead of anyone who might be a wolf.
    Yeah, and instead of Snow or someone else who had an actual chance to get lynched. I missed the latter half of that day (I thought that I would have time to post before EoD and that nothing much was going to change anyway, obviously I was sorely mistaken on both counts ).

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape
    Tough to say. Other than Murska I don't really have any suspects (considering how good my reads usually are, that probably means you are all wolves somehow ). Maybe blade for being so convinced Murska's town?

- - - Updated - - -

Or Aventine, since not voting for Apogee is apparently a huge red flag.

So, a lot of BatCat's posts are about people who have already died. Neutral read to light suspicion on Aventine, gave a slight town read on blade. Had some back and forth with me but I'll let y'all judge if there's anything to learn from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: Day 1 votes
    Show

Aventine: Book Wombat, bladescape
    Snowblaze: Supagoof, Apogee1, Aventine
    rogue_alchemist: Batcathat
    Apogee1: Snowblaze, CaoimhinTheCape, Murska, rogue_alchemist, Xihirli, gac3
    No Vote: EmmyNecromancer

Spoiler: Day 2 votes
    Show

EmmyNecromancer: gac3, Batcathat, Book Wombat, bladescape
    Supagoof: Murska, Snowblaze, Xihirli, CaoimhinTheCape, Aventine

Spoiler: Day 3 votes
    Show

Batcathat: gac3, Murska, bladescape, CaoimhinTheCape
    Murska: Batcathat, Aventine
    Aventine: Book Wombat
    Book Wombat: Xihirli

Color coded the final vote tally from each day. Not too much new in my eyes, but with the votes yesterday I'm not sure anything could convince me that Murska is a Wolf.

24. - Top - End - #294

Aventine

And game?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

OMGUS on gac3 but I'm sure I'll move it.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

Nothing new to add, but since we have more votes I figured I would put this up.

Vote Count:
    Aventine (3): CaoimhinTheCape, Murska, bladescape
    Xihirli (1): gac3
    gac3 (1): Xihirli

No Posts: Aventine

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Yes an interesting silence from Aventine.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Yes an interesting silence from Aventine.
    Busy, sorry.

Out of everyone, Caoimhin played yesterday the way a wolf stereotypically would.

Defends Murska for townie points. Tries to find a different wagon he thinks he can get me on. Then at the end jumps on the bat wagon well after it makes any sort of difference. Normally I'd say joining a wolf-lynching wagon after it doesn't matter is pretty NAI, kinda by definition. But the way he was avoiding it and trying to find an alternative, then jumped on late feels like fear of ending up off-wagon.

But at this point it appears I am dead. It is what it is, LYLO tomorrow. Assuming AV didn't put four wolves in a 13 player game.

blade still remains worth looking into. Getting so tunnel-visioned on finding something I said that could be shown to be wrong, that he ends up arguing that the difference between him and rogue is that he was wolfier than rogue is still...something. It's either, in his own words, trying to discredit my reads, or he really did get so defensive that he lost track of the bigger point and just needed to find some way to say I was wrong about something.

And voting for me here isn't exactly a great look. If me and bat were scumbuddies I take Caoimhin up on the offer to go after Xi. I use what he said as an excuse, pivoting to agreeing with his incorrect statement that my logic points to Xi more than Murska, and with bat joining us set up a tie-breaker. Or I bus. Or something. Me and bat being buddies is naïve analysis.

29. - Top - End - #299

Huh. Given the options, I can see how that's the best option you have. To address it though:

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Tries to find a different wagon he thinks he can get me on.
    Yes. I was very much trying to bait you and BatCat to move onto a different wagon and see if you both jumped over. I told bladescape and gac the idea in our group chat. You obviously saw what I was doing and didn't bite.

Then at the end jumps on the bat wagon well after it makes any sort of difference.
    My vote on Bat shouldn't give me any points, you're right there.

And voting for me here isn't exactly a great look. If me and bat were scumbuddies I take Caoimhin up on the offer to go after Xi. I use what he said as an excuse, pivoting to agreeing with his incorrect statement that my logic points to Xi more than Murska, and with bat joining us set up a tie-breaker. Or I bus. Or something. Me and bat being buddies is naïve analysis.
    By the same token, why wouldn't Wolf!Cao eventually "see the reasoning" of your case against Murska and make it a tie, rather than pull you to a different wagon? If I'm looking for a tie, it's sitting right in front of me. Or I bus. or something.

BatCatHat and I as partners doesn't make sense for Day 3.

- As a Wolf who is going to bus BatCat, I don't hesitate. I put my vote on BatCat early for points and only move if another wagon opens up.
    - As a Wolf who is not bussing, we coordinate during the Night phase to agree on who to push for. Having BatCat vote for someone I've already said I trust is shooting our team in the foot, since I couldn't join that wagon.

Your case also doesn't account for anything earlier in the game. On Day 1, I was an early voter on the Apogee. At the time that I voted for Apogee, it was Snow-4, RA-3, Apogee-2, Aventine-2. The RA wagon was falling apart and I had my vote on gac. Snow and RA trust each other and are actively looking for another wagon.

Why would Wolf!Cao vote a team member when I could come up with some reason to vote you? I could make some sort of comment how I don't like your case on bladescape and push you up to 3 votes. Snow and RA are looking to vote anyone else - if I push Town!Aventine up to 3 votes they could both join and be safe. I'd save a teammate with a power, plus get people suspicious of anyone else who voted you (had you flipped town).

I've also had a chat with gac open since the start of Day 2. There's been plenty of opportunity for the Wolf team to kill bladescape and give me a free chat with a Neutral. At the very least I could have tried to convince gac to make a chat with my partner and kill whoever the other member of the chat was going to be.

Vote Count:
    Aventine (3): CaoimhinTheCape, Murska, bladescape
    Xihirli (1): gac3
    gac3 (1): Xihirli
    CaoimhinTheCape (1): Aventine

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show
    Aventine: CaoimhinTheCape, Murska, bladescape
    Xihirli: gac3
    gac3: Xihirli
    CaoimhinTheCape: Aventine

End Of Day Four

That day was quiet, with their numbers so dwindled. One outcast spirit was targeted for their association with some of the passed-on saboteurs, but when the investigators go to work, the spirit floated into the sky instead of into the ground.

Aventine was killed. They were a Ghost.

You are a Ghost. Your win condition is the elimination of all non-Ghosts except the Medium, whose status does not affect your victory one way or the other.
    Night Four Ends In ~24 Hours

My Homebrew