New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Templates (have we seriously not done this yet?)

Phoenix Walker

Phoenix Walker is an acquired template that can be applied to any living or undead creature and is obtained through dying in an Astral-fire Storm and being resurrected once more.

Size and Type: Animals or vermin with this template become magical beasts, but otherwise the creature type is unchanged. Size is unchanged. Their home plane is considered to be the Astral Plane.

Speed: A Phoenix Walker's speed improves by 10 ft, and any flight speed they possess including that from spells or magic items is increased by 20 ft.

Special Qualities:

Astral Fire Cloak (Su): A Phoenix Walker is surrounded by the same astral fires which killed them. Whenever a creature strikes a Phoenix Walker with a melee attack with a non-reach weapon they take 1 untyped damage per character level of the Phoenix Walker, if they score a critical hit on the Phoenix Walker they also suffer 1 point of Charisma damage.

Phoenix Step (Su): A Phoenix Walker can move quickly through the astral plane vanishing from one world to move instantly through it. 1/day per 3 hit dice (minimum 1/day) a Phoenix Walker may teleport 400 ft as a standard action. A Phoenix Walker may use this ability at-will when on the Astral Plane.

Tele-Strike (Ex): Whenever a Phoenix Walker teleports they may make a single attack as a free action.

Abilities: +2 Dex, -4 Wis, +2 Cha.

Alignment: A Phoenix Walker is Always Chaotic, the Astral fires having scarred their mind.

CR: +1.

Level Adjustment: +1.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Templates (have we seriously not done this yet?)

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I give mine permission!

And the first one for you, Snow!

Yandere Template

Type: Remains unchanged, gain [Evil] and [Yandere] subtypes.
    Alignment: Any evil
    Armor Class: Gain a +2 profane bonus to armor class
    Resistances: Increases Cold Resist by 10, Fire Resist by 10 (if this would increase the resistance to 30 or above, gain immunity to the elemental type instead)
    Speed: All speeds increase by 10 ft.
    Ability Score Changes: STR +2, DEX +4, INT +2, CHA +6
    Skills: +8 profane bonus to stealth, intimidate, and bluff.
    Special Abilities:
    • Aura of Fear - All enemies of equal or lesser CR within 10 ft. per hit die of the Yandere are shaken (no save). This is a fear effect.
    • She's behind me, isn't she? - A Yandere may make a stealth check once a round as a move action to disappear. Next round, if the check is successful, they may appear adjacent to any enemy in their line of sight.
    • Scion of Yandere Aptitude - A Yandere automatically qualifies for the Scion of Yandere PrC.

CR: +3 (possibly reasonable, I dunno)
    D'aw.

3 might be a bit much, but it's a bit hard to gauge with such large boni. "She's Behind Me, Isn't She?" might need some clarification on how it works, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    Giantitp Regulars as Permapermissions?

Sure, as long as Affiliations or Undead immediately follow that one.
    Just so everyone knows, at the time of his writing, GitP Regulars as Permapermissions did exist.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Draconian Hoardling (Draconium)

Descended from an ancient black dragon lineage, these creatures have a fondness for the finer things. THis template is inherited and may be applied to living creatures.

Size and Type: The creature gains the Dragonblood Subtype (see Dragon Magic). Their size is unchanged.

Resistances: The creature gains Acid Resistance 10.
    Damage Reduction 5/Magic.

Ability Score Changes: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Dex. These creatures are good with using the tools they are so fond of, be they of war or magic.

Skills: +2 to Hide, Move Silently, and Swim.

Special Qualities :
    Magical Finery(Su):
    Weapons, armor, and shields are considered to have an enhancement bonus based on their value when worn or used by Draconian Hoardling. See the tables below for the enhancement values for the costs.

Darkness (SLA):
    Once per day, the Draconian Hoardling may cast Darkness as a spell-like ability.

Water Breathing (Ex):
    Can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use breath weapon, spells, and other abilities underwater.

Feats: Draconic Heritage (Black Dragon). The Draconian Hoardling gains this ability

Alignment: Any. Even though they are descended from Black Dragons, their blood is so dilute that it does not affect their disposition towards other creatures. Their items, however...

LA: +2
    CR: +2

Weapons:
    GP Value Enhancement Bonus
    3,000-8,999 +1
    9,000-18,999 +2
    19,000-32,999 +3
    33,000-54,999 +4
    55,000+ +5

Armor and Shields
    GP Value Enhancement Bonus
    2,000-4,999 +1
    5,000-9,999 +2
    10,000-16,999 +3
    17,000-25,999 +4
    26,000+ +5
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-09-28 at 12:20 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Phoenix Walker
    Snowbluff, you need this on your yanderes, think of all the stabbing that could happen. Especially if they have an offensive plane shift.

Would it count as being on the astral plane if the area was inside a planar breach of the astral plane? i'm not very familiar with planar breaches,
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-09-28 at 12:21 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Permission granted, but I doubt I count as regular yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules are for Jerks: A Chaotic Good Alignment Handbook View Post
    A fair number of people don’t quite grok Chaotic Good, since the idea of thinking for yourself while being a good person is apparently confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by linklele
    Look, a strange boy just popped into my room asking for your soul...
    Avatar by linklele, featuring a strange boy. Full signature is here.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    Permission granted, but I doubt I count as regular yet.
    minty if I count as regular you definetly count

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

I think pretty anyone who isn't considered a ghost here is eligible, but the more regular one is the more likely one is to create something for them, for a couple of reasons.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar
    I am a shadow. Im semi-real, and I am to be shaped as others see fit, If I am remembered in the first place.
    You know, this inspired me.

Spoiler: Xuldarinar
    Show
    Xuldarinar are dark spirits nesting in the Shadow Plane. Once the souls of Evil giants, they were banished and imprisoned in the shadow after their deaths as the result of an ancient curse. There, they spent millenia thinking about how best to take their revenge. They came to the conclusion that they needed to rewrite the features of reality to better suit their thirst for power : they call this project the Great Homebrewing. Others, however, reflected on their past deeds and atoned. These rare Xuldarinar use their homebrewing ability to improve the other Giants' existence. In both cases, they latch unto unsuspecting Giant travelers from the Material Plane and merge with their essence, essentially taking control of their bodies. They then use them as a means of return to the Material Plane, and as a conduit for their work.

A Xuldarinar resembles the Giant it possessed, but it is permanently shrouded in a dark mist, and thus only its outline is visible.

Creating A Xuldarinar
    "Xuldarinar" is an acquired template that can be added to any Giant.

A Xuldarinar uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type
    The creature’s type and size are unchanged. It gains the (Augmented) subtype.

Speed
    Xuldarinar gain a fly speed equal to their land speed, with perfect maneuverability.

Armor Class
    The base creature's natural armor improves by +3.

Special Attacks
    A Xuldarinar retains all the special attacks of the base creature. In addition, it gains the special attacks described below. The save DC against a special attack is equal to 10 + ½ Xuldarinar’s HD + Xuldarinar’s Cha modifier unless otherwise noted.

Darkness as a spell-like ability, centered on itself, 3/day.

Homebrew Balance (Su) : The Xuldarinar is able to warp reality using only the power of its mind. Once per day, it may designate a target (it may choose itself as a target). By concentrating for one full minute, it can temporarily (one hour per the Xuldarinar's HD) imbue the target with a special attack chosen among Breath Weapon, Frightful Presence and Poison, or a special quality chosen among the following : Damage Reduction 10/+1, Immunity to Cold and Fire, Fast Healing 5, or Spell Resistance 20. It may also remove any one of those special attacks and special qualities possessed by a creature. A successful Will save negates.

Special Qualities
    A Xuldarinar has all the special qualities of the base creature as well as those described below.

Darkness Mastery (ex): Whenever the illumination is shadowy or less, a Xuldarinar gains a +3 Deflection bonus to Armor Class and a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls.

Homebrew affinity (Ex) : A Xuldarinar passively and immediately detects homebrew, as a permanent Detect Homebrew spell. When fighting against a creature with any homebrew features, a Xuldarinar gains a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls.

Homebrew Toughness (Ex) : Every homebrew material used in a Xuldarinar's build (including the Xuldarinar template itself) grants him 3 bonus hit points.

Abilities
    The base creature's Charisma and Intelligence increase by +4 each.

Skills
    Xuldarinar have a +8 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Hide, Knowledge (metagame) and Sense Motive checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Environment
    These sinister creatures consider the whole of the Material Plane to be their Playground.

Organization
    Solitary or duo. Giants coming to the Shadow Plane are pretty rare, after all.

Challenge Rating
    Same as the base creature +2.

Treasure
    1d6 homebrew ideas.

Alignment
    Usually either Neutral Good or Neutral Evil.

Level Adjustment
    Same as the base creature +3.
    Last edited by Seto; 2015-09-28 at 05:12 AM.
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Snowbluff, you need this on your yanderes, think of all the stabbing that could happen. Especially if they have an offensive plane shift.

Would it count as being on the astral plane if the area was inside a planar breach of the astral plane? i'm not very familiar with planar breaches,
    I forget which form of planar overlap is which. If you can't Banishment githyanki than yes.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post

I forget which form of planar overlap is which. If you can't Banishment githyanki then yes.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I forget which form of planar overlap is which. If you can't Banishment githyanki than yes.
    I forget which form of planar overlap is which. If you can't Banishment githyanki then yes.
    D-d-d-double post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Draconian Hoardling (Draconium)

Descended from an ancient black dragon lineage...
    Wait, black dragon? Where'd you get tha-

*glances at avatar*

Oh, right. I chose the only dragon avatar that was available as a default, and it was a black dragon. Well, as much as I enjoy using them in games, I'm not actually a black dragon.

I'm a Red Dragon.

After all, what other species would hoard as much as I do? I've already requested a more appropriate avatar, though it may take a while for it to happen.

Other than that, though, I do like what you've done with my template.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    I'm a Red Dragon.

After all, what other species would hoard as much as I do? I've already requested a more appropriate avatar, though it may take a while for it to happen.
    Well it's your own damn fault for not doing your avatar sooner.

Go get on the avatar request threads and fix it.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Go get on the avatar request threads and fix it.
    ... I literally just told you I already did that. I don't have enough artistic talent to do one myself.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

... I literally just told you I already did that. I don't have enough artistic talent to do one myself.
    Did I stutter?

Kick your effort up to 11. What you lack in talent you will make up for in gumption!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, black dragon? Where'd you get tha-

*glances at avatar*

Oh, right. I chose the only dragon avatar that was available as a default, and it was a black dragon. Well, as much as I enjoy using them in games, I'm not actually a black dragon.

I'm a Red Dragon.

Other than that, though, I do like what you've done with my template.
    Every other standard species of dragon I mean they all have Triple Standard treasure. Though with the paltry size I'd say you're clearly not a Gold, those greedy guses.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Rulerborn

Rulerborn is an inherited template which can be applied to any creature. What causes rulerborns to be born is unknown, but from time to time they rise from the ranks of their kindred.

Size and Type: Animals or vermin with this template become magical beasts, but otherwise the creature type is unchanged. Size is unchanged.

Armor Class: Rulerborn creatures gain a deflection bonus to AC equal to their Charisma modifier.

Special Attacks:

Born Leader (Ex): A rulerborn is evidently a ruler and gains a +4 bonus to Leadership, and may use their ECL instead of character level for Leadership.

Charm Kin (Su): Any creature which talks to a rulerborn for 1 minute and shares a type with them must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier) or be charmed by the rulerborn for 1 hour; this is a mind-affecting effect but ignores type based immunities. A successful save against this ability grants immunity to it for 24 hours.

Command the Mindless (Su): As a standard action a rulerborn can suborn the will of a mindless creature which shares a type with them. The creature becomes the utter servant of the rulerborn permanently or until the rulerborn dismisses them. A rulerborn can only command 1 creature this way + 1 creature per 3 hit dice.

Special Quality

The King's Will (Ex): A rulerborn gains a +6 racial bonus to saves versus Charm and enchantment (compulsion) effects that grant the caster ongoing control over the subject, such as dominate person.

Abilities: Int increases to 4 (-6 racial modifier) if lower and they lose any mindless trait they may possess, +6 Charisma.

Feats: A formerly mindless rulerborn gains feats for its hit dice as normal.

Skills: A rulerborn gains a +4 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), and Sense Motive checks. A formerly mindless rulerborn gains skill points based upon its type.

Alignment: Always Lawful.

CR: +1.

LA: +3.
    I love it!
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Every other standard species of dragon I mean they all have Triple Standard treasure. Though with the paltry size I'd say you're clearly not a Gold, those greedy guses.
    I suppose you have a point. Though quite honestly, I'm glad I'm not a Gold. Metallic Dragons may have a few neater abilities, but it's the Chromatics that inspire the truest fear and awe within people.

Extended Signature Link

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose you have a point. Though quite honestly, I'm glad I'm not a Gold. Metallic Dragons may have a few neater abilities, but it's the Chromatics that inspire the truest fear and awe within people.
    Truest fear, I'd say Gold inspires as much awe as a Red. It's sort of like a grand religious temple; it is a creature of majesty and power regardless of whether it would use that power to help or destroy. Then again Golds are kind of... my mind goes to censored words. Of the three LG dragons golds are the only one without guidelines for what makes them L or G, and are just sort of big, greedy lizards who we are informed are the ultimate mortal force of good.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Truest fear, I'd say Gold inspires as much awe as a Red. It's sort of like a grand religious temple; it is a creature of majesty and power regardless of whether it would use that power to help or destroy. Then again Golds are kind of... my mind goes to censored words. Of the three LG dragons golds are the only one without guidelines for what makes them L or G, and are just sort of big, greedy lizards who we are informed are the ultimate mortal force of good.
    "Gold dragons are graceful, sinuous, and wise. They hate injustice and foul play, often embarking on self-appointed quests to promote good."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"Gold dragons are graceful, sinuous, and wise. They hate injustice and foul play, often embarking on self-appointed quests to promote good."
    You never see them on these quests, though, and if they do them why don't they get results? They're the strongest things in Core. I think my problem might come from D&D's tendency to make Good creatures Power+ and Rarity+ compared to Evil (Good is strong but uncommon), which runs into a problem that the PCs are supposed to solve things when you end up with things like Gold Dragons which should be able to and in theory are motivated to do so, so they end up sitting on their piles of gold.

Bronze and Silver get subtler ways of helping (bronze secretly supports good forces in war, silver like to pretend to be human) which gives them interesting neurological quirks which allow them to help in minor ways and still be used more easily.

Then again if I have a big good kingdom it is 90% likely to be ruled by a heavily overworked gold dragon.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    You know, this inspired me.

Spoiler: Xuldarinar
    Show
    Xuldarinar are dark spirits nesting in the Shadow Plane. Once the souls of Evil giants, they were banished and imprisoned in the shadow after their deaths as the result of an ancient curse. There, they spent millenia thinking about how best to take their revenge. They came to the conclusion that they needed to rewrite the features of reality to better suit their thirst for power : they call this project the Great Homebrewing. Others, however, reflected on their past deeds and atoned. These rare Xuldarinar use their homebrewing ability to improve the other Giants' existence. In both cases, they latch unto unsuspecting Giant travelers from the Material Plane and merge with their essence, essentially taking control of their bodies. They then use them as a means of return to the Material Plane, and as a conduit for their work.

A Xuldarinar resembles the Giant it possessed, but it is permanently shrouded in a dark mist, and thus only its outline is visible.

Creating A Xuldarinar
    "Xuldarinar" is an acquired template that can be added to any Giant.

A Xuldarinar uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type
    The creature’s type and size are unchanged. It gains the (Augmented) subtype.

Speed
    Xuldarinar gain a fly speed equal to their land speed, with perfect maneuverability.

Armor Class
    The base creature's natural armor improves by +3.

Special Attacks
    A Xuldarinar retains all the special attacks of the base creature. In addition, it gains the special attacks described below. The save DC against a special attack is equal to 10 + ½ Xuldarinar’s HD + Xuldarinar’s Cha modifier unless otherwise noted.

Darkness as a spell-like ability, centered on itself, 3/day.

Homebrew Balance (Su) : The Xuldarinar is able to warp reality using only the power of its mind. Once per day, it may designate a target (it may choose itself as a target). By concentrating for one full minute, it can temporarily (one hour per the Xuldarinar's HD) imbue the target with a special attack chosen among Breath Weapon, Frightful Presence and Poison, or a special quality chosen among the following : Damage Reduction 10/+1, Immunity to Cold and Fire, Fast Healing 5, or Spell Resistance 20. It may also remove any one of those special attacks and special qualities possessed by a creature. A successful Will save negates.

Special Qualities
    A Xuldarinar has all the special qualities of the base creature as well as those described below.

Darkness Mastery (ex): Whenever the illumination is shadowy or less, a Xuldarinar gains a +3 Deflection bonus to Armor Class and a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls.

Homebrew affinity (Ex) : A Xuldarinar passively and immediately detects homebrew, as a permanent Detect Homebrew spell. When fighting against a creature with any homebrew features, a Xuldarinar gains a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls.

Homebrew Toughness (Ex) : Every homebrew material used in a Xuldarinar's build (including the Xuldarinar template itself) grants him 3 bonus hit points.

Abilities
    The base creature's Charisma and Intelligence increase by +4 each.

Skills
    Xuldarinar have a +8 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Hide, Knowledge (metagame) and Sense Motive checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Environment
    These sinister creatures consider the whole of the Material Plane to be their Playground.

Organization
    Solitary or duo. Giants coming to the Shadow Plane are pretty rare, after all.

Challenge Rating
    Same as the base creature +2.

Treasure
    1d6 homebrew ideas.

Alignment
    Usually either Neutral Good or Neutral Evil.

Level Adjustment
    Same as the base creature +3.
    Im glad you've been inspired. I throughly enjoy the template, thank you. I would have personally thrown in a Wisdom penalty, but details. In any case, this suits me, and I am genuinely honored that I got one so soon. Thank you.
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2015-09-28 at 12:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm here! Just been wading through hoards of enemies lately. You know me, duty first...

Me, LP, Tippy, Threadnaught... I think. I made a new thread so people can have easier permapermissions.
    I do. But I also posted in the other thread. So LP is here for good! I'll get to work on a template or two tonight.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Paladesque

Paladesque is an acquired template which is granted by Lawful Good deities upon chosen Lawful Good servants, especially redeemed monsters.

Size and Type: A Paladesque's type changes to Outsider with the Good and Lawful subtypes as well as Augmented (previous type). Do not recalculate BAB, saves, skills, or hit points.

Armor Class: A Paladesque gains a +2 sacred bonus to their Armor Class.

Special Attacks:

Smite Evil (Su): A Paladesque gains the ability to smite evil 1/day + 1/day per 4 hit dice it possesses. A Paladeseque adds their Charisma modifier to hit and Hit Dice to damage when they use this ability.

Great Smite (Su): Once per day a Paladesque with at least 10 hit dice may make a slaying smite. This functions as a regular smite evil except that a struck creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier) or be destroyed. This is a death effect unless used on undead which it affects normally despite their lack of Constitution score.

Lay on Hands (Su): A Paladesque can use Lay on Hands as a Paladin of their Hit Dice.

Turn Undead (Su): A Paladesque can turn undead as a cleric 3 levels lower than its hit dice. If a Paladesque has turning from another source their levels in both do not stack and they keep track of the uses of each separately.

Special Qualities:

Divine Grace (Su): A Paladesque gains a bonus to all saving throws equal to their Charisma modifier.

Divine Health (Su): A Paladesque is immune to disease.

Aura of Courage (Su): A Paladesque is immune to fear and allies within 10 ft gain a +4 morale bonus on saves versus fear.

Magic Circle against Evil (Su): A Paladesque can radiate a Magic Circle against Evil (as the spell) for a number of rounds each day equal to twice their Hit Dice. Activating or deactivating this ability is a free action.

Damage Reduction (Su): A Paladesque gains DR 5/evil, increasing to 10/evil if they have 10 or more Hit Dice.

Abilities: A Paladesque gains +4 Str, +2 Con, +4 Wis, and +4 Cha.

Feats: A Paladesque gains 1 Divine Feat as a bonus feat.

Challenge Rating: +2.

Level Adjustment: +4.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-09-28 at 02:02 PM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paladesque
    Whoa! Thanks! I'm going to have to find the right creature to stick this on...
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Paladesque
    Out of curiosity, how do its abilities stack with the corresponding Paladin abilities? For example, does a Paladesque Paladin get double the Lay on Hands uses? Does he enjoy double Divine Grace? Does a Paladesque Cleric add its HD-3 to its Cleric levels for TU calculations?

Also, if they're Good, shouldn't their DR be DR/Evil?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do its abilities stack with the corresponding Paladin abilities? For example, does a Paladesque Paladin get double the Lay on Hands uses? Does he enjoy double Divine Grace? Does a Paladesque Cleric add its HD-3 to its Cleric levels for TU calculations?

Also, if they're Good, shouldn't their DR be DR/Evil?
    Yes, yes it should be. Fixed that. And now I really have to think about racial turning + cleric levels. I mean Lay on Hands doubling I have no qualms about, but turning doubling could be troublesome... I'm going to add a line clarifying that it is a separate pool (which means... 1 extra DMM Persist) but that you don't add levels so I don't have to figure out the general rule.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #58

BardGuy

Oooooh, mememememe! Do me! I'd love to have a template.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

I did just put up permission in the permapermission thread, but I'll still say it here too.
    Permission granted.
    Not much else to say atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    I INSPIRE AWE IN MY ENEMIES BY SERVING THEM TEA.
    Awesome Avatar courtesy of Ava. Adopt an Avatar today!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Oooooh, mememememe! Do me! I'd love to have a template.
    Singing Creature

Type: Unchanged, gain [Chaotic] and [Sonic] subtypes.
    Alignment: Any Chaotic
    Armor Class: Gain a +3 Lyrical Bonus to armor class
    Resistances: Immunity to Sonic, +4 to saves against mind-affecting
    Speed: Unchanged
    Ability Score Changes: DEX +6, INT +2, CHA +8
    Skills: +6 racial bonus to bluff, diplomacy, and gather information, and perform.
    Special Abilities:
    • Distracting Song - All enemies within 10 ft. per HD of the Singing Creature must make a will save (10+1/2 HD+CHA Modifier) or take a -2 to AC, Attack Rolls, Damage Rolls, Saves, Ability Checks, and Skill Checks as they are overwhelmed with the desire to hum along to the song. This is a sound-based effect that is not mind-affecting.
    • Bardic Aptitude - A singing creature is treated as a bard 4 levels higher for the purposes of Bardic Music and Bardic Performance, as well as qualifying for prestige classes.
    • Perfect Pitch - A Singing Creature increases the bonuses and save DCs by 2 for their bardic music.

CR: +2 (possibly reasonable, I dunno)
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-09-28 at 03:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776