New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Crack Pairings VI - We've Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Ooh boy!

And come on! Guess why I was in a giggle fit earlier about a certain character in a certain older game I decided to replay out of boredom who resembles a certain character in OOTS in both appearance and manner!
    The only thing I can really think of is Pokémon, since you mentioned it a week or two ago.

EDIT: GAAAGGHH!! My mom bought cookies for the family and my brother went and ate the entire box and then lied about it!

I didn't get any cookies...
    Aww. Here, have some Internet cookies instead.
    *gives Coffee a batch of yummy cookies*
    Last edited by Aaron; 2010-01-31 at 08:35 PM.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Aww. Here, have some Internet cookies instead.
    And remember that you get to eat them all, leave your brother nothing, and tell the truth about it! Or lie about it, whichever seems more appropriate to you.

As to older game...can we get a frame of reference? I think of older game as 'NES generation' or so, I know folks who think of old games as 'Galaga', others who go 'before electronics', and some who think 'old game' means last year's dropouts.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed

Without improvisation, magic is inherently limited

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Colossus in the Playground

The only thing I can really think of is Pokémon, since you mentioned it a week or two ago.
    No, actually I was replaying an old Fire Emblem game of mine (Since I found it in a box, and I like strategy games, and I was bored), and...Well...

Does this guy remind you of anyone? I think we now know where the second V in those crack pairings came from.

Aww. Here, have some Internet cookies instead
    Yay! *Om nom nom*

Just thought you'd all get a kick out of it (Because he even ACTS like V.)

And sorry, no new ideas...YET.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-31 at 08:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1204

ClericGuy

No, actually I was replaying an old Fire Emblem game of mine (Since I found it in a box, and I like strategy games, and I was bored), and...Well...

Does this guy remind you of anyone? I think we now know where the second V in those crack pairings came from.
    Ahhh. That was my second guess.

Hmm, he does look a lot like Male V.

Yay! *Om nom nom*
    *looks at empty box of cookies*
    Well... I guess you're hungry then.
    Last edited by Aaron; 2010-01-31 at 08:52 PM.
    Your local Cleric.

(yes, that is possible)

5. - Top - End - #1205

Ahhh. That was my second guess.

Hmm, he does look a lot like Male V.
    He doesn't just look like V, he acts like V. He's slightly condescending and has a sophisticated vocabulary. He's a mage. He was tutored by a top mage and has great admiration for his tutor. When he first showed up at his tutor's house he locked himself in his tutor's study for over week and then passed out from exhaustion because he was too busy studying the magic books to eat or sleep.

Does that sound like something that Vaarsuvius probably did when s/he first showed up at Aarindarius's house?

You know what's funny? He was one of my favorite characters in the game.

I liked Vaarsuvius before I knew Vaarsuvius existed.

*looks at empty box of cookies*
    Well... I guess you're hungry then.
    When am I NOT hungry!
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-31 at 09:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1206

ClericGuy

He doesn't just look like V, he acts like V. He's slightly condescending and has a sophisticated vocabulary. He's a mage. He was tutored by a top mage and has great admiration for his tutor. When he first showed up at his tutor's house he locked himself in his tutor's study for over week and then passed out from exhaustion because he was too busy studying the magic books to eat or sleep.

Does that sound like something that Vaarsuvius probably did when s/he first showed up at Aarindarius's house?

You know what's funny? He was one of my favorite characters in the game.

I liked Vaarsuvius before I knew Vaarsuvius existed.

You should do a pairing of those two. They'd make a perfect couple, right up until they get into an argument over the physics of magic.

When am I NOT hungry!
    *does a google map search of Coffee's house*

...damm... Your mom buys a lot of groceries.
    Your local Cleric.

(yes, that is possible)

7. - Top - End - #1207

You should do a pairing of those two. They'd make a perfect couple, right up until they get into an argument over the physics of magic.
    Maaybe...I don't really do crossovers though.

*does a google map search of Coffee's house*

...damm... Your mom buys a lot of groceries.
    *Is eating an orange* I'm sorry, you were saying?

8. - Top - End - #1208

You liked V before V existed...........hand me the brain bleach cause thats deep
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

9. - Top - End - #1209

Hey! Guys! CHECK THIS OUT!!!

MANNA! MANNA FROM THE HEAVENS!!!

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh.. oh gosh..

Also.. I was working on a Tsukiko/Elan fic, but then my mind got sidetracked and I came up with this:
    The Elven Affair

Spoiler
    Show
    "You're sure you're not hooking me up with some dwarf chick, right?" Roy asked his friend yet again.

"Relax," Durkon told Roy amiably. "I swear, you'll love her. Smartest gal I've seen around here in a long time. Honestly, think about all the numbskulls you've been hanging with - don't you want a break?"

"I guess," Roy replied nervously. "But I mean, normally you don't do the romance stuff - what's the deal this time?"

"Well.. I mean, I'm not really interested in her, see as she's not a dwarf. But she really is your type.. Although she doesn't really share your profession. That's the only thing," the dwarf responded. "Ah, here we are - the local donut shop. She should be just inside." He winked and added, "Go on. Don't be scared."

"Alright, alright," Roy grumbled, opening the door and walking on in, trying to look cool.

Immediately he was called out to by someone sitting at the booth next to the door. "Hey! Are you Durkon's friend?" He turned around and nodded, beginning to smile a little. "That's me. Roy," he replied, walking over to the girl.

"Nice to meet ya!" the girl responded. She motioned for him to sit down, and he did. She began to talk, introducing herself as she did so, but Roy zoned out - all he could think about was how pretty she was. He just nodded every few seconds and stared at her luscious green hair... beautifully smooth lips.. He only snapped out of it when she asked, winking suggestively, "So, do you have a room at an inn or something?"

It was a couple seconds before he answered, "Yeah! Yeah, of course." And then, more suavely, "I do indeed.. and you're definitely invited." The girl's smile widened and she leaned across the table, giving him a peck on the cheek. "Well let's go then!" she exclaimed. In a daze, Roy led her to the inn their party was staying at, holding her hand all the way.

If he hadn't been so dazed maybe it would've happened differently. He might've gotten to his room faster, and he might not have encountered anyone. But as it was, he was enchanted by the beautiful girl, and so they walked, if not slowly, slowly enough to meet Vaarsuvius in the hallway outside their rooms.

"Oh," Roy said nervously, "hey V. This is my, uh, friend.." He glanced at the girl again, wishing he had been less dumbstruck before - he had forgotten, or perhaps never heard, her name. Luckily he was saved from having to remember it - unluckily, that was the only good side effect of what was about to happen.

"INKYRIUS?!"

Vaarsuvius's yell probably could've made the inn's walls crumble, had it been a bit louder. In shock, V could not even form a complete sentence. "What- what are you doing here- where are our children- why are you with- Roy???"

Confused, Roy looked from Inkyrius, the beautiful girl, to Vaarsuvius, the androgynous mage, and back. "You know each other?" he blurted out, finally deciding to keep his gaze on Inkyrius, who had turned bright red. After a moment, as V's incomplete sentences sunk in, he stammered, "..Ch-children???"

An awkward silence developed. Vaarsuvius finally asked, still disbelieving, "Inky? How.. how can you.. I thought.." V trailed off, staring.

Then, after a moment, "Inkyrius, I was under the impression that we were married."

Inkyrius stammered, "W-well.. I loved you! I always did! But y-you always were in love with your magic, not me! And.. then you left, and I was just so lonely.. and my friends said that I shouldn't have to stay true to you if you were gonna up and leave.." She sniffed a little. "Then I met this dwarf and he said I would be just great for this friend of his.."

Roy gaped at the two of them. "You.. you two are married?!" Distraught, and a little dissappointed that he wouldn't get to have any fun with Inkyrius, he contined to stare.

"Yes," Inkyrius murmered, dropping her head in shame. "Suvie.. I think we should talk.."

"You think we should talk?!" Vaarsuvius yelled, having finally gone from disbelief to anger. "Now you think we should talk, after you've gone and had an affair with.. with ROY of all people?! And you, Roy, I can't believe.." Seeing Roy's bewildered face, V stopped and took several breaths. "Sorry, Roy. You didn't know. But Inkyrius.."

"...You're right, we do need to talk," V finally said with a frown. As the two elves walked out, Roy wondered what he could have done to keep this from happening.

At least now he knew the beautiful green-haired elf's name.

Thoughts?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Halfling Bard/Sorcerer (1st/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength-11
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-12
    Find yours here,

11. - Top - End - #1211

praise the gods for this!!
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

12. - Top - End - #1212

ClericGuy

oh...oh my...

Someone had a lot of time on their hand to draw Haley in non-stick figure form and on the beach.
    Your local Cleric.

(yes, that is possible)

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Dwarf in the Playground

...gosh. You were timid about this whybledyhow? That's good stuff!

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1214

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NemoUtopia View Post
    ...gosh. You were timid about this whybledyhow? That's good stuff!
    No. I was just shocked at how... HOT Haley looks.
    Your local Cleric.

(yes, that is possible)

15. - Top - End - #1215

Griffon

Hi everyone. I'm still alive. However, I've been busy and slightly ill which messes with creativity so I haven't finished may latest little project. Thank you to those who liked my other stuff though. I must welcome the wonderful new talent of KnightMysterio, Gosh and Icastflare! WaterSmurf is awesome as usual and NemoUtopia, I'm really enjoying Miko's Heart. A couple of things though: It's Shojo, not Soho, also I think shift is supposed to be shirt in the Hinjo chapter. Icastflare!, you've spelled rules as rulles.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm still alive. However, I've been busy and slightly ill which messes with creativity so I haven't finished may latest little project. Thank you to those who liked my other stuff though. I must welcome the wonderful new talent of KnightMysterio, Gosh and Icastflare! WaterSmurf is awesome as usual and NemoUtopia, I'm really enjoying Miko's Heart. A couple of things though: It's Shojo, not Soho, also I think shift is supposed to be shirt in the Hinjo chapter. Icastflare!, you've spelled rules as rulles.
    Dag-nab it all. I'll go in and fix it with some quick editing in a bit, I have a bad habit getting a spelling mistake stuck in my head and having it haunt through a piece. And actually, I do mean 'shift', it's a term for an older style of undergarment to preserve a lady's dignity that is essentially a large baggy shirt or small/short kimono type piece of cloth. Glad you like it =D
    Last edited by NemoUtopia; 2010-02-01 at 01:54 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gosh View Post
    Oh.. oh gosh..

Also.. I was working on a Tsukiko/Elan fic, but then my mind got sidetracked and I came up with this:
    The Elven Affair

Spoiler
    Show
    "You're sure you're not hooking me up with some dwarf chick, right?" Roy asked his friend yet again.

"Relax," Durkon told Roy amiably. "I swear, you'll love her. Smartest gal I've seen around here in a long time. Honestly, think about all the numbskulls you've been hanging with - don't you want a break?"

"I guess," Roy replied nervously. "But I mean, normally you don't do the romance stuff - what's the deal this time?"

"Well.. I mean, I'm not really interested in her, see as she's not a dwarf. But she really is your type.. Although she doesn't really share your profession. That's the only thing," the dwarf responded. "Ah, here we are - the local donut shop. She should be just inside." He winked and added, "Go on. Don't be scared."

"Alright, alright," Roy grumbled, opening the door and walking on in, trying to look cool.

Immediately he was called out to by someone sitting at the booth next to the door. "Hey! Are you Durkon's friend?" He turned around and nodded, beginning to smile a little. "That's me. Roy," he replied, walking over to the girl.

"Nice to meet ya!" the girl responded. She motioned for him to sit down, and he did. She began to talk, introducing herself as she did so, but Roy zoned out - all he could think about was how pretty she was. He just nodded every few seconds and stared at her luscious green hair... beautifully smooth lips.. He only snapped out of it when she asked, winking suggestively, "So, do you have a room at an inn or something?"

It was a couple seconds before he answered, "Yeah! Yeah, of course." And then, more suavely, "I do indeed.. and you're definitely invited." The girl's smile widened and she leaned across the table, giving him a peck on the cheek. "Well let's go then!" she exclaimed. In a daze, Roy led her to the inn their party was staying at, holding her hand all the way.

If he hadn't been so dazed maybe it would've happened differently. He might've gotten to his room faster, and he might not have encountered anyone. But as it was, he was enchanted by the beautiful girl, and so they walked, if not slowly, slowly enough to meet Vaarsuvius in the hallway outside their rooms.

"Oh," Roy said nervously, "hey V. This is my, uh, friend.." He glanced at the girl again, wishing he had been less dumbstruck before - he had forgotten, or perhaps never heard, her name. Luckily he was saved from having to remember it - unluckily, that was the only good side effect of what was about to happen.

"INKYRIUS?!"

Vaarsuvius's yell probably could've made the inn's walls crumble, had it been a bit louder. In shock, V could not even form a complete sentence. "What- what are you doing here- where are our children- why are you with- Roy???"

Confused, Roy looked from Inkyrius, the beautiful girl, to Vaarsuvius, the androgynous mage, and back. "You know each other?" he blurted out, finally deciding to keep his gaze on Inkyrius, who had turned bright red. After a moment, as V's incomplete sentences sunk in, he stammered, "..Ch-children???"

An awkward silence developed. Vaarsuvius finally asked, still disbelieving, "Inky? How.. how can you.. I thought.." V trailed off, staring.

Then, after a moment, "Inkyrius, I was under the impression that we were married."

Inkyrius stammered, "W-well.. I loved you! I always did! But y-you always were in love with your magic, not me! And.. then you left, and I was just so lonely.. and my friends said that I shouldn't have to stay true to you if you were gonna up and leave.." She sniffed a little. "Then I met this dwarf and he said I would be just great for this friend of his.."

Roy gaped at the two of them. "You.. you two are married?!" Distraught, and a little dissappointed that he wouldn't get to have any fun with Inkyrius, he contined to stare.

"Yes," Inkyrius murmered, dropping her head in shame. "Suvie.. I think we should talk.."

"You think we should talk?!" Vaarsuvius yelled, having finally gone from disbelief to anger. "Now you think we should talk, after you've gone and had an affair with.. with ROY of all people?! And you, Roy, I can't believe.." Seeing Roy's bewildered face, V stopped and took several breaths. "Sorry, Roy. You didn't know. But Inkyrius.."

"...You're right, we do need to talk," V finally said with a frown. As the two elves walked out, Roy wondered what he could have done to keep this from happening.

At least now he knew the beautiful green-haired elf's name.

Thoughts?
    I request more of this story, if you are willing to write it. As with many of the recent stories, it is quite good, and also intriguing.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Redrum Redrum Redrum Redrum!!!
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-01 at 06:46 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Banned

When am I NOT hungry!
    So Coffee is one of those people huh?

Be careful, it goes straight to the hips!

Spike: Didn't i warn you never to joke about a female's weight?

Me: ...Oh...right... *Runs away screaming with fireballs flying after me*

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Redrum Redrum Redrum Redrum!!!
    Coincidentally, I just finished reading The Shining this morning.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Banned

Okay...you know that self-insert fic i was talking about earlier?

Now we know why he didn't update for 9 months.

Spoiler
    Show
    And it is thus that my internet dies AGAIN!!! Ok, scratch that, my entire computer upped and shot itself in the hard-drive… with a bazooka. For ages I had no computer, and I only got a completely reformatted one literally weeks before Christmas. Yeah, that’s some present isn’t it?

And then I fall ill, and as I write this Author’s note, my voice is distinctly missing in action. Yeah, I’ve lost my voice... again... and any attempt at speaking louder than a strangled gasp that sounds like I’m trying to whisper while out of breath tends to bring up a rather nasty cough. I know this shouldn’t have much to do with the lateness of this chapter, but it left me feeling bad enough that I didn’t even want to touch the computer… Migraines don’t help either… Oh, nor the fall I had which knackered up my knee something bad. I still can’t put any weight on it, or bend it… or even look at it without much pain.

Word of advise: if you slip on the icy pavement (which happened to be on a steep hill, and considering the pavement was right next to a school, you’d think they’d have at least made the effort to grit the sidewalk, but I digress), do not be extremely stubborn and still try to get to the shop at the bottom of the road despite the very painful limp you now have. I did just that and ended up slipping a second time, so my knee felt even worse, and my back was now in pain, and I wasn’t able to actually get up for five minutes so I just lay there in the street in shock. Had to hobble along the middle of the road just to get back up the hill, seeing as the road was ice free… moral of the story, being stubborn hurts like a bitch.

In other words, his real life luck appears to be just as bad as it is in the fic.
    Which is saying a lot.
    I feel sorry for him actually.

Back on topic: It may be a while before i get anything more out.

And Coffee? Please don't kill me! *Cowers*

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    And Coffee? Please don't kill me! *Cowers*
    She's a kind girl - she'll probably just force you to read all the Twilight novels.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Banned

...Meep!

And i'm off.

See you all tomorrow.

24. - Top - End - #1224

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    She's a kind girl - she'll probably just force you to read all the Twilight novels.
    *Locks Closak in a room with every single Twilight "book"*

Enjoy!

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

You are truly cruel.

26. - Top - End - #1226

Quote Originally Posted by Eztheria View Post
    You are truly cruel.
    Wait, not everyone can finish all of them in under a day to mitigate the agony?

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

I cannot even imagine touching them.
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.
    I can't choose between my Internet Nicknames. Have about 4 of them atm.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coffee : A question. Were do people like you come from. Sweden need them!!!!! Your like a... female me. *Is banging head into wall*
    Last edited by The Odor; 2010-02-01 at 03:21 PM.
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.

29. - Top - End - #1229

Quote Originally Posted by The Odor View Post
    Coffee : A question. Were do people like you come from. Sweden need them!!!!!
    From an upper-middle-class family in New York that places great value on education and intellect.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Dwarf in the Playground

From an upper-middle-class family in New York that places great value on education and intellect.
    Hmmmmmmm *starts counting money for flight ticet...*
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.