New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XVI: Sworn to Carry Your Burdens

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    (According to Steam, 17.8% of players earned that achievement in Oldrim, but only 7.9% have done it in SE. Interesting disparity there, I wonder what drives it? It's clear that a significant number of people got SE but never played it, I'm guessing because they qualified for the free upgrade from Oldrim but never bothered to install it, but there seems to be more to it than that.)
    In my case I just haven't needed all that many shouts to complete the majority of the big questlines. ^^;

Let's see, the ones I use the most are unrelenting force, the whisper that highlights enemies, and the shout to become ethereal (though I really don't need all three words for this one. One or two is enough to survive all the falls and trap rushes I do).
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

Whirlwind sprint. I basically stopped walking anywhere, just whirlwind sprinting across the landscape.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Aura Whisper
    Whirlwind Sprint
    Become Ethereal

…more or less in that order as far as frequency.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    Good thought. Perhaps a lot of the Oldrim achievements were clocked up in the first couple of months after release, before mods were a thing. There was no such grace period for SE.
    Oldrim is less picky, and will give you achievements no matter how many mods you have installed.
    Last edited by Arutema; 2021-07-14 at 11:54 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Firbolg in the Playground

How good is special edition? Is the difference notable? I bought Skyrim before SE came out, and I never played any of the expansions. Would I get to keep my character, if I bought the SE complete edition? Are the expansions good?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    How good is special edition? Is the difference notable? I bought Skyrim before SE came out, and I never played any of the expansions. Would I get to keep my character, if I bought the SE complete edition? Are the expansions good?
    Dawnguard has some interesting new mechanics, especially for vampires, but the plot is kind of meh. Dragonborn is a lot of fun. Hearthfire is very skippable, but is interesting if you like collecting a lot of crap and then organizing it in a big house you designed yourself.

As far as your characters, no you would be starting fresh. Mods as well (RIP space core).

As far as differences go, SE doesnt crash as much on my system, but i dont know if thats a personal thing or actually something they improved in the SE.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Apropos of nothing, we're at the 49th page of this thread. Time to think up a new title!

Maybe I'm just tired but I can't think of any clever title. I'll leave this to the more awake people.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Dawnguard has some interesting new mechanics, especially for vampires, but the plot is kind of meh. Dragonborn is a lot of fun. Hearthfire is very skippable, but is interesting if you like collecting a lot of crap and then organizing it in a big house you designed yourself.

As far as your characters, no you would be starting fresh. Mods as well (RIP space core).

As far as differences go, SE doesnt crash as much on my system, but i dont know if thats a personal thing or actually something they improved in the SE.
    Thanks for the answer, having to make a new character sounds like the biggest drawback for me.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Apropos of nothing, we're at the 49th page of this thread. Time to think up a new title!

Maybe I'm just tired but I can't think of any clever title. I'll leave this to the more awake people.
    How about a line from one of my favorite mod followers, Recorder?

"Dost thou even hoist, Dragonborn?"

10. - Top - End - #1450

BardGuy

Something with the Daedric princes perhaps? There's 17 of'em after all.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The Elder Scrolls XVII: Hermaeus Mora's thread of knowledge
    The Elder Scrolls XVII: Party with Sanguine
    The Elder Scrolls XVII: Cheese for everyone! (with the 18th thread as the "Wait, no cheese" follow-up)

Or just a general The Elder Scrolls XVII Daedric threads.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2021-07-15 at 10:35 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taevyr View Post
    Something with the Daedric princes perhaps? There's 17 of'em after all.
    I’ll second this, but the only thing I can think of right now is the unrelated ‘The Elder Scrolls XVII: Where is Elder Scrolls 6?!!’

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

The Elder Scrolls XVII: The last Accord of Madness

The Elder Scrolls XVII: More theories than Nirnroots in Cyrodiil

The Elder Scrolls XVII: Making the Black Books look reasonable

The Elder Scrolls XVII: In the mood for mods

The Elder scrolls XVII: The lore never ends
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Elder Scrolls XVII: Every Single Artifact Gathered
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

15. - Top - End - #1455

The Elder Scrolls XVII: Now Available in Blu-ray and VHS

The Elder Scrolls XVII: Give Me More of What I Really Need
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2021-07-15 at 11:16 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    SE is supposedly more stable-- with Oldrim I'd get a game crash once every... say 8ish hours playing it. With SE I recall only one crash in the entire time I played, and that one was Window's fault because it tried to install an update while I was playing.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    SE is supposedly more stable-- with Oldrim I'd get a game crash once every... say 8ish hours playing it. With SE I recall only one crash in the entire time I played, and that one was Window's fault because it tried to install an update while I was playing.
    With the amount of mods that I use, getting a crash isn't a matter of if. It is a matter of when. Luckily for me, its only once every four or so hours and that's mostly due to the older motherboard and CPUs that I am running. As soon as I feel like I have a weekend free to transfer all my stuff over to a new PC, I'll go pick one up and get down to business.

18. - Top - End - #1458

The Elder Scrolls XVII: Quicksaving the Page Right Before You Post

19. - Top - End - #1459

Planetar

The Elder Scrolls: The XVII Princes of Oblivion

20. - Top - End - #1460

BardGuy

Elder Scrolls XVII: The Last Accord of Madness and The Elder Scrolls: The XVII Princes of Oblivion both sounds good

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Thanks for the answer, having to make a new character sounds like the biggest drawback for me.
    Why is it a drawback? It means you'll actually have quests to do again. Plus the bit below which, short story shorter, means you'll have to make a new character at some point anyway.

Re: Stability, yes SE is more stable, inherently. SE runs as a 64 bit program, where LE was stuck to 32 bits. It made it very inconsistent for modern systems because it didn't have enough memory, and eventually all saves will become corrupted (over-bloated technically) and start crashing every 5 minutes. Adding mods means you'll hit that memory limit sooner, so the lifespan of your save gets shorter and shorter.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Why is it a drawback? It means you'll actually have quests to do again. Plus the bit below which, short story shorter, means you'll have to make a new character at some point anyway.

Re: Stability, yes SE is more stable, inherently. SE runs as a 64 bit program, where LE was stuck to 32 bits. It made it very inconsistent for modern systems because it didn't have enough memory, and eventually all saves will become corrupted (over-bloated technically) and start crashing every 5 minutes. Adding mods means you'll hit that memory limit sooner, so the lifespan of your save gets shorter and shorter.
    so THATS why people insist on Vortex/Mod organizer 2......huh.....my own games are pretty crashy. I might have to finally bite the bullet and switch over from NMM. but that'll involve getting rid of saves I have. hm. I wish the guides I read about this were more clear about why this or that should be done rather than just saying I should do it without telling me the reasons behind it.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Mod manager choice doesn't have much to do with it though swapping to Mo2 has it's advantages.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Mod manager choice doesn't have much to do with it though swapping to Mo2 has it's advantages.
    Oh.

Well thats too bad. guess I'll just stick with NMM then.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

The benefit of swapping to Vortex or MO2 is they can actually handle large downloads. NMM when downloading large mods (eg. Legacy of the Dragonborn) will often flub the download, only getting part of the file. THis leads to those mods, obviously, breaking because you have what is essentially a junk file.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The benefit of swapping to Vortex or MO2 is they can actually handle large downloads. NMM when downloading large mods (eg. Legacy of the Dragonborn) will often flub the download, only getting part of the file. THis leads to those mods, obviously, breaking because you have what is essentially a junk file.
    In my experience, Vortex drops downloads just as often as NMM did (and is completely useless for recovering them afterwards). The most reliable approach for anything big is to download the mod manually first, then import it.

Advantages of Vortex over NMM: integrated conflict detection, integrated LOOT and FNIS. Morw and better options for managing conflicts and load ordering. Better differentiation between mods and plugins.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

27. - Top - End - #1467

My main reason for buying the special edition are the expansions, because they would be new content for me. I don't have much interest in replaying Skyrim.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arutema View Post
    The Elder Scrolls: The XVII Princes of Oblivion
    Probably the best one. There's something to be said for simplicity.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Not interested in Replaying Skyrim? Error does not compute.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Whirlwind sprint. I basically stopped walking anywhere, just whirlwind sprinting across the landscape.
    Whirlwind Sprint is there to allow you to carry 75,000 pounds of crap out of every dungeon.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.