New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fae-o-matic. You find the folklore, I make the beasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Well, the mob rules in Cityscape are just awful. For some reason, they don't get the normal progression of feats. Yet, the game designers never bothered to address this issue. Major suckitude if you ask me. Would it have been so difficult to say that mobs only use the feats associated with the base creature? The mob of humans in the example has 30 HD and yet only has 3 feats and 2 bonus feats. Grr.

Debby
    Yeah, kinda why i changed it. It'd function more like a troop unit in MV, though i'm not sure how the mechanisms there would combine with them being spirits.

Major difference being that now its worth having Whirlwind Attack or Great Cleave. Really worth it.

The feats on the creature here are all just bonuses so i can make it do what it needs to; swarms don't get any so i don't see why disorganised humans/ghosts would...
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

For the Barghest...

My changes are bolded in RED. Note: Creatures that can use weapons use weapons according to their BAB (BAB +8 gets 2 attacks with a weapon) but they still only get natural attacks based on appendages.

With the special abilities you should list whether they are Extraordinary, Supernatural or Spell-like (sometimes you leave this off).

Attack is your attack bonus with a melee weapon is: Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + size modifier

Bite, Claws and other melee weapons should have this as a base (Bite gets a +1 modifier for Weapon Focus. 8 + 6 -1 = +13. Secondary attacks are at a -5 penalty so they should be at +8.

What is a goblin pike? You have comments about it but didn't list it. See Goblin Form.

Again you should list the special abilities as Ex, Su or Sp. Some are missing. Yes, WotC leaves some off but they were WRONG to do so. This is the stuff that irks DMs no end. The griping on the message boards on WotC's site over this stuff was phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    The Barghest
    Large Magical Beast (Fae, Shapechanger)
    HD 8d10+40 (84 hp)
    Speed 40 ft. (8 squares); Fly 80 ft. (good) in bat form
    Init: +3
    AC 24; touch 12; flat-footed 21
    (-1 Size, +3 Dex, +12 Natural)
    BAB +8; Grp +18, +14 in Human or Goblin form

Attack Bite +14 melee (3d6+6)
    Full Attack Bite +14 melee (3d6+6) and 2 claws +8 melee (1d8+6)

Human Form: Club +13/+8 melee (1d6+6)

Goblin form: Cold Iron Pike +13/+8 (1d8+9/x3) Brace for Charge, Throw 15 ft)
    Other things:

What does cursing glance actually do? Curse like the spell or something else? Ditto for Sight of Damnation? You didn't mention what happens if the target fail the saves.

Treasure should include the creature's weapons.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-07-01 at 08:48 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Cursing Glance and Sight of Damnation are both functions of Dooming Curse, effectively the way it uses the power. Hence, they increase your autofail to 2 on skills and attribute checks and 3 on attacks, saves and combat manoeuvres.

Can you think of a way of making this a little clearer? The two sub abilities are basically just the two ways that someone could actually come to be struck with the curse above them.

Most of the other things are my bad [shakes fist at copy pasta]. The attack bonuses on the Human and Goblin forms were actually correct, it's become a Medium creature by that point, so the penalty is negated and 8+6=14.

I've noted that the weapons are left behind after the creature, though that's a bit difficult to calculate a value for, given that that's entirely dependant on how many the GM has the thing throw around...
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

I came across something you might find useful:
    http://vampirerpg.free.fr/Rules/Faerie.html

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

Just got some clarification: the Pathfinder nuckelavee is CR 9. (Weeeeeeeak...)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Getting back to the Barghest. I made an error in my calculations.

Melee Attack is BAB + Str modifier + Size modifier plus any other adjustments like feats. Ranged attack is BAB + Dex modifier + Size Modifier + range penalty. As is noted: clubs are one-handed but spear is two-handed. The Barghest has BAB of +8, Str Modifier of +6 and Dex Modifier of +3

A Large Barghest's attacks get 8 + 6 Str -1 Size penalty (+1 for Weapon focus for the bite only)

Barghest as Large Wolf: Bite +14 melee (3d6+6) and 2 claws +7 melee (1d8+6)

Barghest as Medium Human: Club +14/+9 melee (1d6+6) or Club +11 ranged (1d6+6, 10 ft)

Barghest as Medium Border Goblin: Cold iron spear + 14/+9 melee (1d8+6/x3) or cold iron spear + 11 ranged (1d8+6/x3).

Okay I think it's as right as I can get right now.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-07-03 at 11:45 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

It states that the Barguest turns into a Border Goblin. Those are stated in the Goblins section, which is ongoing; Border Goblins are Medium, Goblins and Bluecaps are Small and Hobgoblins are Tiny.

Bugbears are strictly "Nursery Bogeys" by the definitions and linkages use by Briggs and thus me in this thread.

Accourding to the SRD, there is a spear, between short and long. Short is one handed, spear is two handed and longspear is two handed with reach. Spears and Longspears have exactly the same stats, it's just one is martial with reach, and the other simple. I've put a note in that Border Goblins are always armed with "pikes" in the legends, but the Cold Iron Draw ability is pretty oben ended. Morningstars, swords, axes, even halberds if you were so inclined.

You have highlighted that these guys can only make one ranged attack a round, given that they don't have Quickdraw...

I'll put a link into the entry bringing it to the Border Goblin [Dunter] entry.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

It states that the Barguest turns into a Border Goblin. Those are stated in the Goblins section, which is ongoing; Border Goblins are Medium, Goblins and Bluecaps are Small and Hobgoblins are Tiny.

Bugbears are strictly "Nursery Bogeys" by the definitions and linkages use by Briggs and thus me in this thread.

Accourding to the SRD, there is a spear, between short and long. Short is one handed, spear is two handed and longspear is two handed with reach. Spears and Longspears have exactly the same stats, it's just one is martial with reach, and the other simple. I've put a note in that Border Goblins are always armed with "pikes" in the legends, but the Cold Iron Draw ability is pretty oben ended. Morningstars, swords, axes, even halberds if you were so inclined.

You have highlighted that these guys can only make one ranged attack a round, given that they don't have Quickdraw...

I'll put a link into the entry bringing it to the Border Goblin [Dunter] entry.
    Thanks. I've been so busy lately that I hadn't had time to read everything. Sheesh. I'll edit my previous post to correct that. It's a lot to go through.

More stuff...

Skills: it should have 11 skill points. 4 for its 1st HD and 1 for every hit die afterward for a total of 11 points.

If you put all of its skill points in Hide, then it has +11 ranks in Hide + 3 for a total of +14.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-07-03 at 11:57 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Skills: it should have 11 skill points. 4 for its 1st HD and 1 for every hit die afterward for a total of 11 points.

If you put all of its skill points in Hide, then it has +11 ranks in Hide + 3 for a total of +14.
    Large = -4 penalty to Hide. Will include the scores for the alternate forms.

How's the holiday going?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Large = -4 penalty to Hide. Will include the scores for the alternate forms.

How's the holiday going?
    Gah, I completely forgot about the size modifier.

Perhaps we should note that it loses the penalty when in border goblin and human form. What size is the barghest in bat form? I assumed Diminutive like a normal bat; but perhaps it should be Large like a dire bat. You hadn't mentioned it, so I wasn't sure.

I wish the holiday had started. We've had to put it off due to car troubles (broken fan housing). Now, we expect to leave on Tuesday if the mechanic can fix the problem.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-07-03 at 06:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to hear that.

Seems you, like Robert Patterson, have no end of trouble with fans.

Thank you! I'm here all week, try the veal!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Sorry to hear that.

Seems you, like Robert Patterson, have no end of trouble with fans.

Thank you! I'm here all week, try the veal!
    Wow, I haven't heard that line in a while. Thanks for the memories!

Debby

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Made all of the modifications other than the link for the Dunter entry.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

A character called Hobhole Hob has been added as an MV critter in the Hobgoblin entry; couldn't figure out how the heck to make him D&D worthy without overloading him with Sorcerer levels...

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin, Under:
    Under-goblins are a breed of spirit that inhabit the dark places of the world. While generalisations can be made about the other breeds [less so with Hobs], there is a great deal of variation between clans of under-goblins. Some, such as the knockers, are often malicious, while others such as the bluecaps are known primarily for their benign helpfulness and an odd desire to see the workings expand.

Under-goblins stand between one inch and three feet in height, thanks to their size changing abilities, and have blue-ish grey skin and strong, pointed features that leave them looking somewhat hawk-like. Unlike many of their cousins, they possess large, watery eyes that seem never to blink, though this is because they have multiple fine membranes designed to keep dust from their eyes and do not need to, instead swapping them regularly.

Under Goblins have a bizarre ecosystem, in that they constantly breed and never seem to eat, though those mines that have them are noticeably clearer of rats and other vermin than others. Their greatest problem is their limited ability to open out spaces underground thanks to their inability to venture to the surface due to one of their racial Gesa. As a result, they accelerate the rate of excavation in mines, either by the knocker method of causing cave-ins and disappearance to force the mine to be cleared out, or by the Bluecap method of leading miners to rich seams and helping them clear out and thus abandon the section as fast as possible.

D&D Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Under-Goblin

Tiny Humanoid [Fae]
    Hit Dice: 3d8-6 (7 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30ft (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 17 (+4 Dex, +2 Size, +1 Natural), touch 16, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-4
    Attack: Pick +9 Melee (1d2-2, x4)
    Full Attack: Pick +9 Melee (1d2-2, x4)
    Space/Reach: 2-1/2ft/0ft
    Special Attacks: Cave In, Explode from Beneath
    Special Qualities: DR 3/Natural, Immunity: Stone, Suffocation, Poison Gas, Tweening
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1
    Abilities: Str: 6/-2 Dex: 18/+4 Con: 6/-2 Int: 10 Wis: 11 Cha: 9/-1
    Skills: Escape Artist +19, Hide +19, Listen +6, Profession [Miner] +13
    Feats: Endurance, MobilityB, Perfect Miner [+5 bonus on Profession [Miner] checks and add Dex to attack rolls with Pick]
    Environment: Underground
    Organization: Gang [2-12]
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: 3d6 GP in saleable ores and native metals
    Alignment: Varies, Often Chaotic
    Advancement: 4-8 HD Tiny

Combat
    While quite dangerous, Under Goblins avoid combat, instead dropping heavy things, like the ceiling, on those they consider a threat. They can be very difficult to fight even then, with their habit of changing sizes on uneven floors making it rather like trying to play "wack-a-mole."

Cave In [Ex]: Another use of their baffling size changing, an Under Goblin is able to find a suitable fault in the stone, occupy it and change size, forcing it open. Doing so is a Standard action and the size change is considered to have a Strength bonus of +8, meaning that they are regularly able to force open any sedimentary or soft metamorphic rock they occupy, along with pumice. The Goblin suffers no ill effects if an attempt fails, though retrying takes a Full action as they have to shift their position.

Earth Glide [Su]: When making a 5ft step, an Under Goblin can pass through stone as if it weren't there, though it must end its movement in either air or a liquid. As a result of this ability, Under Goblins are immune to damage dealt by stone, dirt, sand and other silicate based matter, though not brick or pottery [unnatural, see].

Explode From Beneath [Ex]: Not so much an ability as a tactic, Under Goblins forced to defend their homes, such as when folks are attempting to render their homes part of the surface [tunnel cutting being the usual cause of Under Goblin aggression, often use their nigh instantaneous size changing to their tactical advantage. They shrink in size sufficiently to be able to hide in the dust kicked up by footfalls and then get beneath a target, then growing to medium size, surprising the poor devil and tripping or grabbing him. Victims of this tactic are considered Flatfooted against resultant attacks, usually Trips.

Massive Size Change [Ex]: Under Goblins have a strange, fluid size and shape, almost as if their scale compared to their background dictates their size. An Under Goblin is capable of shifting in size anywhere between being half an inch in height and thus Fine, to being a little over 7 feet tall, making them as big as Medium can go. Doing so is a Swift action that does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity [it happens too fast and is like flexing a muscle to them]. What this actually changes is the creature's Defence [Active/Flatfooted], Attacks and Hide bonus, which are included below for their various sizes:

{table]Size |Defence [Dodge] |Attack |Hide
    Fine |20/18 [+8] |+21 Pick (1*, x4), Grapple -19 |+31
    Diminutive |16/14 [+6] |+13 Pick (1d2-3*, x4), Grapple -13 |+25
    Small |13/11 [+2] |+6 Pick (1d4*, x4), Grapple -4 |+13
    Medium |12/10 [+0] |+4 Pick (1d6+1*, x4), Grapple +2 |+7[/table]

Tweening: Under Goblins are not able to Tween normally because very few Liminals exist below the ground. They can, however, enter the Grand Fault through a fault line, if they can find one. The Grand Fault is the nexus of all the dwarf and kobold kingdoms and trade routes and serves basically the same purpose as the Hedge does above the ground. Unlike the Hedge, however, the Grand Fault is heavily defended by very territorial fæ species so the Under Goblins, being relatively weak, rarely venture there except to trade…in numbers.

MV Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Usually Tiny Fæ Humanoid 3 CP 3
    Init: + 7 , Senses: Listen + 0 , Spot +0 Tremoursense 30ft
    Languages: One of Welsh, Bad English, Cornish or Gaelic
    Defence: 14 Flatfooted: 12 +4 Swift
    Hardness: DR 3/Natural
    HD: 3d8 – 6 + 6 Hp: 13
    Massive Damage: 6
    Thresholds: Green, [ 6 ] Yellow, [ 3 ] Orange, [ 1 ] Red
    Resist: Immune: Stone weapons and falls, Suffocation, Poison Gas
    Fort: + 1, +5 Mass Reflex: + 7 Will: + 1 Psyche: 14
    Speed: 30ft Space: 2-œ ft Reach: 0ft

Melee: +9 Pick (1d3-2*, x4)

BAB: + 2 Grapple: -4
    Special Actions: Cave In [Standard: Grow inside a crack to cause a cave in. Str bonus +8 for a +10 attempt.]
    Explode From Beneath [Enter square and change size. Target Flatfooted against attack.]
    Size Change [Swift action; assume size between Fine and Medium.]
    Abilities: Str: 6/-2 Dex: 18/+4 Con: 6/-2 Int: 10 Wis: 11 Cha: 9/-1
    SQ: Tweening

Feats: Endurance, MobilityB [+5ft on Shift movement], Perfect Miner [+5 bonus on Profession [Miner] checks and add Dex to attack rolls with Pick]

Skills: Escape Artist +19, Hide +19, Listen +6, Profession [Miner] +13

Possessions: Masterwork Pick
    Special Abilities:
    Cave In [Ex]: Another use of their baffling size changing, an Under Goblin is able to find a suitable fault in the stone, occupy it and change size, forcing it open. Doing so is a Standard action and the size change is considered to have a Strength bonus of +8, meaning that they are regularly able to force open any sedimentary or soft metamorphic rock they occupy, along with pumice. The Goblin suffers no ill effects if an attempt fails, though retrying takes a Full action as they have to shift their position.

Earth Glide [Su]: When making a Shift action, an Under Goblin can pass through stone as if it weren't there, though it must end its movement in either air or a liquid. As a result of this ability, Under Goblins are immune to damage dealt by stone, dirt, sand and other silicate based matter, though not brick or pottery [unnatural, see].

Explode From Beneath [Ex]: Not so much an ability as a tactic, Under Goblins forced to defend their homes, such as when folks are attempting to render their homes part of the surface [tunnel cutting being the usual cause of Under Goblin aggression, often use their nigh instantaneous size changing to their tactical advantage. They shrink in size sufficiently to be able to hide in the dust kicked up by footfalls and then get beneath a target, then growing to medium size, surprising the poor devil and tripping or grabbing him. Victims of this tactic are considered Flatfooted against resultant attacks, usually Trips.

Massive Size Change [Ex]: Under Goblins have a strange, fluid size and shape, almost as if their scale compared to their background dictates their size. An Under Goblin is capable of shifting in size anywhere between being half an inch in height and thus Fine, to being a little over 7 feet tall, making them as big as Medium can go. Doing so is a Swift action that does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity [it happens too fast and is like flexing a muscle to them]. What this actually changes is the creature's Defence [Active/Flatfooted], Attacks and Hide bonus, which are included below for their various sizes:

{table]Size |Defence [Dodge] |Attack |Hide
    Fine |20/18 [+8] |+21 Pick (1*, x4), Grapple -19 |+31
    Diminutive |16/14 [+6] |+13 Pick (1d2-3*, x4), Grapple -13 |+25
    Small |13/11 [+2] |+6 Pick (1d4*, x4), Grapple -4 |+13
    Medium |12/10 [+0] |+4 Pick (1d6+1*, x4), Grapple +2 |+7[/table]

Tweening: Under Goblins are not able to Tween normally because very few Liminals exist below the ground. They can, however, enter the Grand Fault through a fault line, if they can find one. The Grand Fault is the nexus of all the dwarf and kobold kingdoms and trade routes and serves basically the same purpose as the Hedge does above the ground. Unlike the Hedge, however, the Grand Fault is heavily defended by very territorial fæ species so the Under Goblins, being relatively weak, rarely venture there except to trade…in numbers.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Any material presented inside Spoilers listed as "MV Versions", along with all pictures above, are Copyright under the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial License. All other text and game materials are free to use under the terms of the OGL and are designated Open Content.

----------------------------------------------

Under Goblins! Not decided if there's a subbreed of these things, though Kobolds of myth would probably be these with levels of Combat Trapsmith from Complete Scoundrel. Should be getting back into the swing of things now. Boggles are in progress, as are Pucks, Phookas and Leannan Sidhe...
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2011-11-09 at 06:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Leannan Sidhe:
    The "Fairy Lady" (Leen-SHEE) is not a particularly helpful name, but these beings are like a more benign and yet far more sophisticated variant on their cousins, the Boabhan Sith (bavaan SHEE), though for their victims, telling them apart is very difficult indeed.

To borrow from another myth system, a Leannan Sidhe is similar to a muse, though with vampiric feeding habits. Leannan Sidhe seek out the most talented and vibrant of human artists and inspire them. Their kiss consumes a tiny part of the victim's vitality each time but sets the rest of him, particularly his imagination aflame. No account has ever surfaced of a female artist being so consumed by one of these creatures, though whether this is because of a simple lack of witnesses or because the Leannan Sidhe simply prefer the taste of male creativity is a matter for conjecture.

Leannan Sidhe are born of a choice union of two fæ nobles and start out merely beautiful and smart, but as they consume more and more genius and imaginative potential, they become far more, shaped again and again by the artist's ability to see life's imperfections and make them beautiful and pure. Leannan Sidhe are surprising warriors, having stolen life force from so many over the years that their skill with a bow becomes almost ridiculous.

D&D Version:
    Spoiler
    Show

Medium Fey [Fae]
    Hit Dice: 10d6 + 20 (55 hp)
    Initiative: +9
    Armor Class: 27 (+9 Dex, +8 Deflection), touch 27, flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+5
    Attack: Dagger +14 Melee (1d4, Crit 19/x2)
    Full Attack: Dagger +14 Melee (1d4, Crit 19/x2)
    Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: Leannan Sidhe's Kiss, Leannan's Quiver
    Special Qualities: Dissolve, DR 10/Cold Iron, Startling Beauty, Tweening
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +12, Will +12
    Abilities: Str: 10 Dex: 29/+9 Con: 15/+2 Int: 14/+2 Wis: 20/+5 Cha: 26/+8
    Skills: Bluff +23, Diplomacy +27, Gather Information +21, Knowledge [Nobility] +15, Knowledge [two additional] +15, Perform [Any 2] +21, Ride +15, Sense Motive +18
    Feats: Ability Focus [Suggestion], Mounted Combat, Quicken Spell-like Ability [Dominate], Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Ireland, mostly
    Organization: Solitary + Unicorn or Celestial Charger
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Treasure: Quiver
    Alignment: Always Neutral with mild tendencies to another alignment
    Advancement: by character class
    Level Adjustment: +4

Combat
    Leannans avoid combat like the plague. If forced, she lets her mount do most of the work [they are almost always mounted on a unicorn or stag type beast] and escapes as soon as possible.

Dissolve: When slain, a Leannan Sidhe dissolves into little more than some sobbing sounds and a sigh of failed potential.

Leannan Sidhe's Kiss [Su]: While mere physical contact with a Leannan Sidhe has no effect but she can create a potent link with another person by spending a minute in contact with them, usually more. When doing so, a victim may make DC 15 [10 + œ HD] Wisdom checks on each round after the second to realise that something is wrong.

At the conclusion of the fifth round, the victim suffers a Greater Negative Level. Note how many of these wounds he has suffered; the victim gains a +5 bonus on all checks with his "artist" skill, usually a Craft skill or a Perform skill. Because of the -1 penalty per Greater Negative Level on all checks, this runs to a final bonus of +4 on the skill per kiss. This bonus applies only for one week after the kiss is delivered, though the Greater Negative Level itself remains. While her kiss is in effect, a Leannan Sidhe gains a number of bonus Æther equal to the number of Wounds on her chosen mark. She may still dole out lesser kisses, if she so chooses.

The kiss of a Leannan is highly addictive, meaning that even people who realise this is what is making them sick cannot give it up. Those who go without a kiss for a week must make a Fortitude save, DC 23 [Cha based] or suffer a further Greater Negative Level. While in this state, the character becomes increasingly desperate and paranoid and will go to great lengths to satisfy his mistress to bring her back. If a character can successfully go a month without a kiss, he may make 3 saves against the ability. If he succeeds on all of them, he has shaken the addiction and become immune to the wiles of this breed of fairy.

Leannan Sidhe's Quiver [Ex]: The skill of a Leannan is in her ability to bend others to her will. Regardless of which court, if any, she belongs to, a Leannan will always possess a selection of arrows made by the mystical crafts of other fæ. Her quiver materialises in her hands, along with a bow, if she enters her "war aspect" as a Swift action [described below]. The quiver itself contains the following fæ-craft arrows:
    • 2 x Elf-shot arrows (Sluagh) [1d3 Wounds and a Fort save, DC 23, or be Dazed]
    • 5 x Sprite arrows [Deal 2d8‡ Subdual damage and cause Sleep for a like number of arrows instead of Threshold slips]
    • 3 x Hawthorn reaver arrows [Stick in wound on a Crit. Grow thorns dealing 1d6 damage. Deals 1d8 + 1 per round in the wound to remove]
    • 2 x Unseelie Hedge Reavers [Ignore cover and concealment as long as fired from one of the same; shot includes a Feint as arrows emerge from the Hedge in odd directions]
    • 1 x Unicorn Horn arrow [Deal double damage to men, half to women (Trust me, the reason is best left unsaid)]
    • 2 x Seelie Zephyr arrows [Automatically win Hide check for sniping attacks, immune to weather penalties]

Spell Like Abilities [Sp]: Caster level 10. At Will - Charm Person [DC 19], Dominate [DC 23], Suggestion [DC 23], Tree Stride

Startling Beauty [Ex]: When in her normal aspect, a Leannan Sidhe is beautiful, to the point of being awful. She inspires awe. All who encounter her have their mettle tested by her looks and until she demonstrates an actual threat, most struggle to raise a hand against her. All who look upon a Leannan must make a DC 28 [cha based] Will save or be unable to attack her until she takes some form of aggressive action.

Tweening [Ex]: As a lesser Noble Fae, a Leannan Sidhe is able to tween happily through Dusk, Dawn, Physical Boundaries, the Space Beneath and Shadows.

War Aspect [Su]: There are two sides to the perfect woman, as the Leannan represents it (i.e. that which artists tend to linger over); the Madonna and the Warrior maiden. As a Swift action, the Leannan can enter this alternate form. Leannan are loath to do so, however, because if their mark sees them do this, their hold on him is broken.

In her War Aspect, the Leannan gains the stats that would be appropriate to a being of her size, as indicated by her HD. This means her Strength rises to 18, as does her Constitution, while her Dex drops to 10. She loses her Agile ability, gains 2 x HD Temporary hit points and uses the attacks listed under "war aspect" below.

War Aspect, Ranged: Masterwork Longbow +15 (2d8+6‡, x3, Range 120ft)
    War Aspect, Melee: Masterwork Sabre +10 (1d8 + 4, 19/x2, Double damage on charge when mounted)

MV Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Below is an example of a relatively young Leannan Sidhe. Most of greater experience and feeding have a selection of class levels beyond this. Many are comparable in power to fairy nobles in the upper reaches of 15-20 CR.

Medium Fæ Humanoid 10 CP 9
    Init: + 7 , Senses: Listen + 5 , Spot +5
    Languages: Gaelic, English, Irish
    Defence: 31 Flatfooted: 10; +2 Swift action
    Hardness: DR 20/Natural
    HD: 10d8 + 10 Hp: 55 [+24 temporary in War Aspect]
    Massive Damage: 10
    Thresholds: Green, [ 27 ] Yellow, [ 13 ] Orange, [ 5 ] Red
    Resist: a
    Fort: + 7 Reflex: + 7 Will: + 10 Psyche: 40
    Speed: 30ft Space: 5 ft Reach: 5 ft
    Normal Melee: Dagger +9 (1d4, 19/x2)

War Aspect, Ranged:
    Masterwork Longbow +16 (2d8+6‡, x3, Range 120ft)
    War Aspect, Melee: Masterwork Sabre +12 (1d8 + 4, 19/x2, Double damage on charge when mounted)

BAB: + 7 Grapple: +7, +11 War Aspect
    Special Actions: : Arrow Storm [Swift + Full: may one bow attack against up to 10 foes within 120ft.]
    Charm [Standard; one target within 30ft becomes Helpful to you, Will DC 19/Neg. 10 minutes]
    Serene Glade [Full; all woodland within 60ft becomes idealistic and dreamlike. Fæ gain a +5 bonus to Hide in such terrain. 1 hour]
    Veil of Lies [Standard; assume the appearance of any mortal female plus cosmetic changes]
    Combat Gear: Leannan's Quiver
    Abilities: Str: 10 Dex: 14/+2 Con: 10 Int: 14/+2 Wis: 20/+5 Cha: 26/+8
    SQ: Startling Beauty, Tweening

Feats: Charmed Arrows [Add Cha, not Dex to ranged attack rolls],
    Contacts [Make 2 Gather Information checks rather than one whenever you use the skill],
    Dashing and Daring [Cha bonus to Defence, +2 bonus on Cha skills vs males who see her fight],
    Loyal Pet [The Leannan Sidhe is attended by a Unicorn or White Hart that has 10 effective HD and uses her BAB, though it retains its own hp in this case. As the beast lurks in the Hedge when not needed, she may call it as a Swift action],
    Skill Focus (Manipulation)

Skills: Diplomacy +24, Gather Information +24, Knowledge [Politics] +15, Manipulation +24, Perform [Singing] +21, Ride +15, Sense Motive +18
    Special Abilities:
    Dissolve: When slain, a Leannan Sidhe dissolves into little more than some sobbing sounds and a sigh of failed potential.

Leannan Sidhe's Kiss [Su]: While mere physical contact with a Leannan Sidhe has no effect but she can create a potent link with another person by spending a minute in contact with them, usually more. When doing so, a victim may make DC 15 [10 + œ HD] Wisdom checks on each round after the second to realise that something is wrong.

At the conclusion of the fifth round, the victim suffers a Mental Wound. Note how many of these wounds he has suffered; the victim gains a +5 bonus on all checks with his "artist" skill, usually a Craft skill or a Perform skill. Because of the -1 penalty per Wound on all checks, this runs to a final bonus of +4 on the skill per kiss. This bonus applies only for one week after the kiss is delivered, though the Wound itself remains. While her kiss is in effect, a Leannan Sidhe gains a number of bonus Æther equal to the number of Wounds on her chosen mark. She may still dole out lesser kisses, if she so chooses.

The kiss of a Leannan is highly addictive, meaning that even people who realise this is what is making them sick cannot give it up. Those who go without a kiss for a week must make a Fortitude save, DC 23 [Cha based] or suffer a further Wound. While in this state, the character becomes increasingly desperate and paranoid and will go to great lengths to satisfy his mistress to bring her back. If a character can successfully go a month without a kiss, he may make 3 saves against the ability. If he succeeds on all of them, he has shaken the addiction and become immune to the wiles of this breed of fairy.

Leannan Sidhe's Quiver [Ex]: The skill of a Leannan is in her ability to bend others to her will. Regardless of which court, if any, she belongs to, a Leannan will always possess a selection of arrows made by the mystical crafts of other fæ. Her quiver materialises in her hands, along with a bow, if she enters her "war aspect" as a Swift action [described below]. The quiver itself contains the following fæ-craft arrows:
    • Infinite numbers of basic arrows
    • 2 x Elf-shot arrows (Sluagh) [1d3 Wounds and a Fort save, DC 23, or be Dazed]
    • 5 x Sprite arrows [Deal 2d8‡ Subdual damage and cause Sleep for a like number of arrows instead of Threshold slips]
    • 3 x Hawthorn reaver arrows [Stick in wound on a Crit. Grow thorns dealing 1d6 damage. Deals 1d8 + 1 per round in the wound to remove]
    • 2 x Unseelie Hedge Reavers [Ignore cover and concealment as long as fired from one of the same; shot includes a Feint as arrows emerge from the Hedge in odd directions]
    • 1 x Unicorn Horn arrow [Deal double damage to men, half to women (Trust me, the reason is best left unsaid)]
    • 2 x Seelie Zephyr arrows [Automatically win Hide check for sniping attacks, immune to weather penalties]

Startling Beauty [Ex]: When in her normal aspect, a Leannan Sidhe is beautiful, to the point of being awful. She inspires awe. All who encounter her have their mettle tested by her looks and until she demonstrates an actual threat, most struggle to raise a hand against her. All who look upon a Leannan must make a DC 28 [cha based] Will save or be unable to attack her until she takes some form of aggressive action.

Tweening [Ex]: As a lesser Noble Fae, a Leannan Sidhe is able to tween happily through Dusk, Dawn, Physical Boundaries, the Space Beneath and Shadows.

War Aspect [Su]: There are two sides to the perfect woman, as the Leannan represents it (i.e. that which artists tend to linger over); the Madonna and the Warrior maiden. As a Swift action, the Leannan can enter this alternate form. Leannan are loath to do so, however, because if their mark sees them do this, their hold on him is broken.

In her War Aspect, the Leannan gains the stats that would be appropriate to a being of her size, as indicated by her HD. This means her Strength rises to 18, as does her Constitution, while her Dex drops to 10. She loses her Agile ability, gains 4 + 2/HD Temporary hit points and uses the attacks listed under "war aspect" in the stat block.

Any material presented inside Spoilers listed as "MV Versions", along with all pictures above, are Copyright under the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial License. All other text and game materials are free to use under the terms of the OGL and are designated Open Content.
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2011-11-09 at 06:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

I may be abit late to this, but I have some things that might be appropriate, seeing as american folklore seems to have very little representation in dnd..

Wampus Cat
    http://wapedia.mobi/en/Wampus_cat
    Hidebehind
    http://wapedia.mobi/en/Hidebehind
    Nain Rouge
    http://wapedia.mobi/en/Nain_Rouge
    Splintercat
    http://wapedia.mobi/en/Splintercat
    Thunderbird
    http://wapedia.mobi/en/Thunderbird_%28mythology%29

They may not seem like traditional fae, but they all have spirit-like qualities.
    "One saving throw at a time."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for those. The Thunderbird and Hidebehind [which i assumed was some kind of Cryptid] have already been suggested and i've apparently forgotten to put them into the to do list...

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Thunderbird:
    The thunderbird is a species of great bird from the Overworld of several American Indian nations, specifically the Ojibwa speaking nations. It takes the form of a mighty bird that blocks a chunk of the sky and whose wings gather clouds from the four winds to create storms of fearsome intensity. The beast itself can produce ball lightning with a glance and carries around a collection of three less powerful storm spirits, using their lightning as a weapon before devouring them like a delicacy.

D&D Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thunderbird

Colossal Fey [Fae]
    Hit Dice: 30d6 + 330 (329 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: Fly 120ft (Poor) (24 squares); Ground 20ft
    Armor Class: 32 (+5 Dex, -8 Size, +20 Natural, +5 Deflection), touch 12, flat-footed 27
    Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+34
    Attack: Claws +18 Melee(4d6+11)
    Full Attack: Claws +18/+18 Melee (4d6+11) and Bite +16 Melee (6d6+5)
    Space/Reach: 25ft/20ft
    Special Attacks:
    1. Chaining Breath [Meta +3; Breath creates chains of attacks from each target struck. Chains continue on to new targets until a miss is rolled.]
    2. Dictate Weather [Swift; the Thunderbird can choose to alter wind direction, strength up to Hurricane force, rainfall and temperature in the area. If it calls a thunderstorm, it's Electricity based attacks roll d8s rather than d6s. Effects called take 1d10 rounds to manifest]
    3. Frightful Presence [Reaction, you Attack or Charge; Creatures within 30ft with fewer HD than you must save [DC 31] or be Shaken. Save renders immune.]
    4. Lightning Gaze [Standard, Once every 1d4-1 rounds; 120ft line of Lightning dealing 15d6 damage, Reflex DC 22/half]
    5. Lightning Talons [Swift, once per round; make 2 ranged attacks into each 90° arc, each at +18 Lightning Snake (15d6 Lightning, Range 60ft, Resisted = Sonic). Errors hit allies.]
    6. Snatch [Reaction, hit with claws; begin grapple against creature Large or smaller instead of damage.]
    7. Wingstorm [Full; Produce 100ft high aura of Tornado force winds in a 200ft radius. Large or smaller, Fort DC 30 or Blown Away, Knocked prone on save; Huge, Fort DC 30 or be Knocked down. No effect on larger creatures]

Special Qualities: Backlash, DR 30/Cold Iron, Fast Healing 20, Resistance: Electricity 50, Sonic 50, Thunder and Lightning Healing, Tweening, Wind's Freedom
    Saves: Fort +21, Ref +22, Will +19
    Abilities: Str: 32/+11 Dex: 20/+5 Con: 32/+11 Int: 10 Wis: 14/+2 Cha: 4/-3
    Skills: Listen +35, Spot +35
    Feats: Chaining BreathMetabreath, Below, Frightful PresenceDraconomicon, Improved Snatch Draconomicon, Multiattack, Point Blank Shot (Far Shot), Power Attack, Rapid BreathDraconomicon, Snatch, WingstormDraconomicon
    Environment: Mountains of America
    Organization: Solitary or tribal in human form [1-12 + any number of humans]
    Challenge Rating: 16?
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Any
    Advancement: 31-90 Colossal

Combat
    Thunderbirds never land if they can help it. If a target moves under cover, it becomes a stiff choice as to whether it's worth burning the forest down with lightning to get at them. For the most part, they will abandon the chase and take up position on a nearby mountain to watch and wait.

Backlash [Su]: The very flesh of a Thunderbird is charged with the energy of lightning. Any creature that strikes the Thunderbird finds that either the blade or the trail of ionised air left by his bullet carries a powerful electrical charge back to him. Every character within 30ft who successfully damages the Thunderbird takes 5 points of damage. There is no save, but it is Electricity damage and Hardness applies.

Gaze of Lightning [Su]: The Thunderbird has the ability to produce blasts of lightning from its eyes as a sign of its power over the storms. This takes the form of the breath weapon described in the stat block. Because of the nature of the storm energy used in the attack, it possesses a unique quality:

Any creature that is struck by the attack but prevents some of the damage via resistance or immunity to Electricity suffers an amount of Sonic damage equal to the amount resisted as the energy is forced to go somewhere, in this case becoming a vicious crack of thunder. This applies only to resistance and immunity, not to Hardness or Damage Reduction.

Human Form [Ex]: All Thunderbirds have a human form; they can land and tip back their beak like a mask before shrugging off their true form like a cloak. When out of Thunderbird form, they assume a completely separate set of stats and abilities that make them unique. While in Thunderbird form, they run on instinct and volitional memories, while in human form they retain none of the power and perspective of the enormous birds. Their forms are unrelated, save that they revert to human form if slain and if killed in either form, the other form dies.

Parallax Error [Ex]: Thunderbirds are so large that they nearly block out the sky [more than a 150ft wingspan that can cause a near eclipse at a height of 1000ft]. When they come in to land, however, they become a Medium sized creature. Their stats remain the same, though many of their abilities do not function on the ground.

Thunder and Lightning Healing [Su]: Thunderbirds are basically made of storms. While not immune to Electricity or Sonic damage, they can absorb a great deal of it and be healed by it. When struck by such damage, they count as having 40 points of resistance and heal an amount equal to the damage that is stopped by their resistance.

Tweening: As a True Fae, a Thunderbird may tween at any time, at will.

Wind's Freedom [Sp]: The Thunderbird is completely unaffected by winds and weather conditions of all kinds.

MV Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Colossal Fæ Animal 20 CP 16
    Init: + 0 , Senses: Listen + 25 , Spot +25 Ignore weather on all checks
    Languages: Ojibwa, Numerous others
    Defence: 19 Flatfooted: 2
    Hardness: DR 20/Natural
    HD: 20d8 + 220 + 32 Hp: 342 Regeneration 20/Fire
    Massive Damage: 32
    Thresholds: Green, [ 171 ] Yellow, [ 85 ] Orange, [ 34 ] Red
    Resist: Electricity 40, Sonic 40
    Fort: + 23 Reflex: + 0 Will: + 12 Psyche: 31
    Speed: Fly 120ft [Poor] Space: 30ft Reach: 20ft
    Ranged: +18 Lightning Gaze (10d6, Range 75ft, Resisted = Sonic) Once every 1d4 rounds

Melee: +18/+18 Claws (4d6+11) and +16 Bite (6d6+5)

BAB: + 15 Grapple: +34
    Special Actions: Chaining Breath [Meta +3; Breath creates chains of attacks from each target struck. Chains continue on to new targets until a miss is rolled.]
    Dictate Weather [Swift; the Thunderbird can choose to alter wind direction, strength up to Hurricane force, rainfall and temperature in the area. If it calls a thunderstorm, it's Electricity based attacks roll d8s rather than d6s. Effects called take 1d10 rounds to manifest]
    Frightful Presence [Reaction, you Attack or Charge; Creatures within 30ft with fewer HD than you must save [DC 31] or be Shaken. Save renders immune.]
    Lightning Talons [Swift, once per round; make 2 ranged attacks into each 90° arc, each at +18 Lightning Snake (10d6 Lightning, Range 60ft, Resisted = Sonic). Errors hit allies.]
    Snatch [Reaction, hit with claws; begin grapple against creature Large or smaller instead of damage.]
    Wingstorm [Full; Produce 100ft high aura of Tornado force winds in a 200ft radius. Large or smaller, Fort DC 30 or Blown Away, Knocked prone on save; Huge, Fort DC 30 or be Knocked down. No effect on larger creatures]
    Abilities: Str: 32/+11 Dex: 2/-4 Con: 32/+11 Int: 10 Wis: 14/+2 Cha: 4/-3
    SQ: Backlash, Thunder and Lightning Healing, Tweening, Wind's Freedom

Feats: Chaining BreathMetabreath, Draconomicon, Below, Frightful PresenceDraconomicon, Multiattack, Point Blank Shot (Far Shot), Snatch, WingstormDraconomicon

Skills: Intimidate +27, Listen +25, Spot +25
    Special Abilities:
    Backlash [Su]: The very flesh of a Thunderbird is charged with the energy of lightning. Any creature that strikes the Thunderbird finds that either the blade or the trail of ionised air left by his bullet carries a powerful electrical charge back to him. Every character within 30ft who successfully damages the Thunderbird takes 5 points of damage. There is no save, but it is Electricity damage and Hardness applies.

Gaze of Lightning [Su]: The Thunderbird has the ability to produce blasts of lightning from its eyes as a sign of its power over the storms. This takes the form of the breath weapon described in the stat block. Because of the nature of the storm energy used in the attack, it possesses a unique quality:

Any creature that is struck by the attack but prevents some of the damage via resistance or immunity to Electricity suffers an amount of Sonic damage equal to the amount resisted as the energy is forced to go somewhere, in this case becoming a vicious crack of thunder. This applies only to resistance and immunity, not to Hardness or Damage Reduction.

Human Form [Ex]: All Thunderbirds have a human form; they can land and tip back their beak like a mask before shrugging off their true form like a cloak. When out of Thunderbird form, they assume a completely separate set of stats and abilities that make them unique. While in Thunderbird form, they run on instinct and volitional memories, while in human form they retain none of the power and perspective of the enormous birds. Their forms are unrelated, save that they revert to human form if slain and if killed in either form, the other form dies.

Parallax Error [Ex]: Thunderbirds are so large that they nearly block out the sky [more than a 150ft wingspan that can cause a near eclipse at a height of 1000ft]. When they come in to land, however, they become a Medium sized creature. Their stats remain the same, though many of their abilities do not function on the ground.

Thunder and Lightning Healing [Su]: Thunderbirds are basically made of storms. While not immune to Electricity or Sonic damage, they can absorb a great deal of it and be healed by it. When struck by such damage, they count as having 40 points of resistance and heal an amount equal to the damage that is stopped by their resistance.

Tweening: As a True Fae, a Thunderbird may tween at any time, at will.

Wind's Freedom [Sp]: The Thunderbird is completely unaffected by winds and weather conditions of all kinds. In fact, it invited them because of the 3d6 healing each bolt will bring.

New Feat:

Chaining Breath [Metabreath]:
    Your breath effects spread and leap to other targets as if they were alive.
    Prerequisites: Breath Weapon, usually Electricity based
    Description: For each target hit by your breath weapon, you may select another target within 15ft of him. Roll to hit this secondary target with a basic ranged attack, using the bonus of the primary blast. If the attack hits, resolve it and then select another target within 15ft of that victim. Continue this until all of your attack chains come to an end.

Using this feat is a +3 Metabreath effect and increases the recharge time of your breath weapon by +3 rounds.

Lore coing soon...

Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2011-11-09 at 07:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Holy crap, PEACH this one, please...

Fear Derrig:
    The Fear Dearg or Red Man (Far Darrig [like "Derrick"]), is a kind of Irish fairy that is overall, a meddling tester of men and a mean spirited prankster. As they aren't truly mortal, they have no real understanding of what death and cannibalism can mean to mortals and use these things as teasing gestures when dealing with others.

The Red Man gets his name from his choice of garments; he wears red throughout, though this is often hidden by his reality defying powers of illusion. It is almost impossible to trust anything around a Red Man because he can weave glammer so real that your senses will convince you that it is solid matter. Similar to the Redcaps for the Scots borders, the Red Man uses human and animal blood to empower his garments with further powers and weave even greater power.

There are few limits to the powers of these varied beings; some are tall and some are squat and all have blotchy, infested faces but beyond that and their red, there is little to be said between them aside from their impossible illusions. The illusionary magic of the Red Man is actually a kind of Phantasmal technique, like many glammers. It, rather than creating actual images of light and sound, instead places childlike suggestions in the target's mind and then allows their imagination to fill in the blanks, hence why it is so effective. Think of it like how you almost always assume that people are talking about you when you hear your name mentioned.

D&D Version:
    Spoiler
    Show

Medium Humanoid [Fae]
    Hit Dice: 5d8 (22 hp)
    Initiative: -1
    Armor Class: 15 (-1 Dexterity, +4 Natural, +2 Armour), touch 9, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+3
    Attack: Knife +3 melee (1d4, Crit 17/x3, 2 Bleed damage on a hit)
    Full Attack: Knife +3 melee (1d4, Crit 17/x3, 2 Bleed damage on a hit)
    Phantasmal Attacks: (Slam) +8 melee (by Size)
    Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
    Special Actions:
    • Begin Delusion [Standard; target up to 5 individuals and insert them into a Delusion; Swift sustain]
    • Capture Mind [Standard; add up to 5 targets to an existing delusion. Max 5 in delusion]
    • Change Delusion [Standard; add or remove up to 5 elements from the delusion]
    • Change Face [Swift; alter appearance of creature touched including up to 50% size change]
    • Fear [Standard; up to 5 targets in a 30ft cone; Will DC 20 or Panicked/Shaken]
    • Invisibility [Standard; up to 4 targets within 30ft become invisible for 5 rounds or until they attack]
    • Mimic [Swift; imitate any one voice and have it come from a point within 30ft.]
    • Siren [Standard; Manipulation, -1 per 5ft distance, vs Psyche. Target makes half move towards you, DC 16 Will save to stop at obstacles]

Special Qualities: Dissolve, Displacement, DR 5/Natural, Tweening
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +2
    Abilities: Str: 10/- Dex: 8/-1 Con: 10/- Int: 16/+3 Wis: 13/+1 Cha: 21/+5
    Skills: Bluff +18, Craft [Sculpture] +11, Diplomacy +18, Sense Motive +9
    Feats: Practical Psychology [Add Int bonus to Social skills used against targets with a lower Int], Siren, Skill Focus (Bluff)
    Environment: Ireland
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 5 (?)
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually Chaotic often Evil
    Advancement: By Class level Favoured Class: Factotum or Rogue
    Level Adjustment: +5

Combat
    Fear Darrig do not engage in combat, instead creating massive illusions and hiding within them, usually working towards some horrific joke. They will try to force people to do horrible things; an ogre might pin you down in a hut where it presents you with a choice between it starving you out or allowing you to go free if you eat some of your mother who is currently roasting over the fire...

Special Abilities:

Cutter [Su]: Thanks to a fæcraft ointment that they coat their blades in, the knives wielded by a Red Man cause Bleeding 2 until the wound is staunched.

Displacement [Su]: The Red Man appears constantly 5ft from where he actually is and his outline is hazy. This leaves him with effective Total Concealment, though it doesn't allow him to hide. As he is actually in an adjacent square, the attacker must choose whether to aim to the left or the right, hence the miss chance.

Dissolve: When slain, a Red Man breaks down into firewood, bracken and some blood. Nothing is ever what you expect with these creatures.

Fæcraft: The key to the glammer powers of the fear dearg is their complex set of spell enhancing fæcraft items that take the form of their clothes. These devices, unlike most other such items, cannot be used by humans. They serves as an implement for the use of glammer, though they have no real effect unless doused in blood, in which case, they double the power of the Master of Glammer ability for 10 minutes.

Master of Glammer [Su]: The Fear Dearg can weave glammer almost unlike any other fæ. They create "delusions" in the mind of the target, akin to the drawings they made as children of different things and allow their brain's understanding of symbols to create the rest for them. A Dearg may target up to one individual within 60ft per Hit Dice it possesses, creating one shared element of reality per Hit Dice it has. Each element can be composed of a number of 10ft cubes equal to the square of the Dearg's Hit Dice.

The example creature above can affect 5 creatures, creating 5 elements with up to 25 cubes of total volume.

Elements can take one of three forms: creature, object or scenery. A target who interacts directly with the illusion has a small chance of realising that they aren't perceiving true reality. Each time they interact with the illusion, they may make a Will save, DC = Red Man's Charisma score + HD, to disbelieve the illusion. While it remains visible, it becomes possible to penetrate it and creatures can no longer damage the maker of the save. Knowing that something is illusion might not seem like a huge issue, but once it is known, it is subject to the normal methods of dispelling fæ powers.
    Creature: When created by glammer, a creature is effectively real to the targets and invisible and intangible to everyone else. These creatures are treated as having the same AC as the Red Man, with modifiers for size and a number of hit points equal to the square of their creator's HD. As a creature gets larger, it gets easier and easier to disbelieve, meaning that the save is easier on larger creatures than it would have been on smaller ones. Tiny or smaller creature are incapable of dealing damage except when in a Swarm, in which case, use their equivalent size. Phantasmal creatures use the stats of the Fear Darrig for all actions, though their Space and Reach are determined by their size. A summary is included here:

Attack: Fear Darrig's BAB + Strength modifier + Charisma modifier. The creature receives one attack unless the Fear Darrig is able to make more.
    Damage: See table.
    AC: Fear Darrig's Defence + Charisma modifier – Size
    DR/-: See Table
    Hit Points: Fear Darrig's HD2

{table]Size: |Damage: |Armour: |Notes: |Disbelieve DC:
    Small |1d6 + Cha |2 | |+1
    Medium |1d8 + Cha |3 | |+0
    Large |2d6 + 1.5 x Cha |5 |Fearsome |-1
    Huge |3d6 + 1.5 x Cha |8 |Area 5ft |-2
    Gargantuan |4d6 + 2 x Cha |10 |Area 10ft |-4
    Colossal |6d6 + 3 x Cha |15 |Area 15ft| -8[/table]
    Fearsome: All creatures who see a fearsome creature fight must compare their Psyche with the creature's Intimidate bonus [bonus + 0 + 4 per size over Medium]. If the score is higher than their Psyche, they become Shaken. This is repeated whenever the creature attacks.
    Area Attack: When a creature with this ability attacks, it may opt to treat the attack as a Barrage attack with the stated area of effect. As normal, the area attack has a Reflex save DC of 5 + Attack bonus for half damage. The area must be wholely within the creature's reach.

Multiple "creatures" may be combined together to allow for additional attacks; for instance, a Large creature plus two Small ones could be used to imitate the natural attacks of a Skagg Troll, for instance. Destroying the core would break the creature though if not dismissed, the "arms" might continue attacking on their own.

Objects: When created with Glammer, objects are basically real, from the point of view of those affected by the glammer and are invisible and intangible to all others. They can be interacted with normally but cannot bear weight and obviously cannot damage anyone that is not affected by the glammer. Both of these conditions can cause a victim to save against the effect.

Scenery: The Red Man can create terrain and buildings using his glammer powers. These are limited in scope because of the finite size of the effect he can create, but it can be moved so that the area remains surrounding his victims. The Red Man can create difficult terrain, convince people that they are in water and even fake an upstairs in a structure by meddling with perceptions so that you feel like you've climbed stairs when in fact all you've done is enter another room. Obviously, those trapped in these illusions look very odd to non-victims and interaction with such can provide a save for disbelief. People are oddly accepting of their surroundings, so as long as the image doesn't change abruptly, it would take someone stumbling on something hidden to notice that anything is amiss.
    Beginning an illusion is a Standard action, as it adding elements or victims to an existing delusion. The Red Man must spend a Swift action each round to keep his illusion up and the effect can be disrupted.

Tweening: A Red Man is a reasonably powerful fæ and can port through Physical Boundaries and the Space Beneath and also through Shadows during Dusk and Dawn.

MV Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medium Fæ Humanoid 5 CP 8
    Init: + 1 , Senses: Listen + 1 , Spot +1
    Languages: Gaelic
    Defence: 15 Flatfooted: 10
    Hardness: DR 5/Natural
    HD: 5d8 + 10 Hp: 32
    Massive Damage: 10
    Thresholds: Green, [ 16 ] Yellow, [ 8 ] Orange, [ 3 ] Red
    Fort: + 4 Reflex: + 1 Will: + 3 Psyche: 26
    Speed: 30ft Space: 5 ft Reach: 5 ft

Melee: +3 Knife (1d4, Crit 17/x3, 2 Bleed damage on a hit)

BAB: + 3 Grapple: +3
    Special Actions:
    • Begin Delusion [Standard; target up to 5 individuals and insert them into a Delusion; Swift sustain]
    • Capture Mind [Standard; add up to 5 targets to an existing delusion. Max 5 in delusion]
    • Change Delusion [Standard; add or remove up to 5 elements from the delusion]
    • Change Face [Swift; alter appearance of creature touched including up to 50% size change]
    • Fear [Standard; up to 5 targets in a 30ft cone; Will DC 20 or Panicked/Shaken]
    • Invisibility [Standard; up to 4 targets within 30ft become invisible for 5 rounds or until they attack]
    • Mimic [Swift; imitate any one voice and have it come from a point within 30ft.]
    • Siren [Standard; Manipulation, -1 per 5ft distance, vs Psyche. Target makes half move towards you, DC 16 Will save to stop at obstacles]

Abilities: Str: 10/- Dex: 8/-1 Con: 10/- Int: 16/+3 Wis: 13/+1 Cha: 21/+5
    SQ: Dissolve, Displacement, Tweening

Feats: Practical Psychology [Add Int bonus to Social skills used against targets with a lower Int], Siren, Skill Focus (Bluff)

Skills: Bluff +18, Craft [Sculpture] +11, Manipulation +18, Sense Motive +9
    Special Abilities:

Cutter [Su]: Thanks to a fæcraft ointment that they coat their blades in, the knives wielded by a Red Man cause Bleeding 2 until the wound is staunched.

Displacement [Su]: The Red Man appears constantly 5ft from where he actually is and his outline is hazy. This leaves him with effective Total Concealment, though it doesn't allow him to hide. As he is actually in an adjacent square, the attacker must choose whether to aim to the left or the right, hence the miss chance.

Dissolve: When slain, a Red Man breaks down into firewood, bracken and some blood. Nothing is ever what you expect with these creatures.

Fæcraft: The key to the glammer powers of the fear dearg is their complex set of spell enhancing fæcraft items that take the form of their clothes. These devices, unlike most other such items, cannot be used by humans. They serves as an implement for the use of glammer, though they have no real effect unless doused in blood, in which case, they double the power of the Master of Glammer ability for 10 minutes.

Master of Glammer [Su]: The Fear Dearg can weave glammer almost unlike any other fæ. They create "delusions" in the mind of the target, akin to the drawings they made as children of different things and allow their brain's understanding of symbols to create the rest for them. A Dearg may target up to one individual within 60ft per Hit Dice it possesses, creating one shared element of reality per Hit Dice it has. Each element can be composed of a number of 10ft cubes equal to the square of the Dearg's Hit Dice.

The example creature above can affect 5 creatures, creating 5 elements with up to 25 cubes of total volume.

Elements can take one of three forms: creature, object or scenery. A target who interacts directly with the illusion has a small chance of realising that they aren't perceiving true reality. Each time they interact with the illusion, they may make a Will save, DC = Red Man's Charisma score + HD, to disbelieve the illusion. While it remains visible, it becomes possible to penetrate it and creatures can no longer damage the maker of the save. Knowing that something is illusion might not seem like a huge issue, but once it is known, it is subject to the normal methods of dispelling fæ powers.
    Creature: When created by glammer, a creature is effectively real to the targets and invisible and intangible to everyone else. These creatures are treated as having the same Defence as the Red Man, with modifiers for size and a number of hit points equal to the number of Cubes volume he is capable of creating. As a creature gets larger, it gets easier and easier to disbelieve, meaning that the save is easier on larger creatures than it would have been on smaller ones. Tiny or smaller creature are incapable of dealing damage except when in a Swarm, in which case, use their equivalent size. All damage dealt by created creatures is Mental damage. Phantasmal creatures use the stats of the Fear Darrig for all actions, though their Space and Reach are determined by their size. A summary is included here:

Attack: Fear Darrig's BAB + Strength modifier + Charisma modifier. The creature receives one attack unless the Fear Darrig is able to make more.
    Damage: See table.
    Defence: Fear Darrig's Defence + Charisma modifier – Size
    Armour: See Table
    Hit Points: Fear Darrig's HD2

{table]Size: |Damage: |Armour: |Notes: |Disbelieve DC:
    Small |1d6 + Cha |2 | |+1
    Medium |1d8 + Cha |3 | |+0
    Large |2d6 + 1.5 x Cha |5 |Fearsome |-1
    Huge |3d6 + 1.5 x Cha |8 |Area 5ft |-2
    Gargantuan |4d6 + 2 x Cha |10 |Area 10ft |-4
    Colossal |6d6 + 3 x Cha |15 |Area 15ft| -8[/table]
    Fearsome: All creatures who see a fearsome creature fight must compare their Psyche with the creature's Intimidate bonus [bonus + 0 + 4 per size over Medium]. If the score is higher than their Psyche, they become Shaken. This is repeated whenever the creature attacks.
    Area Attack: When a creature with this ability attacks, it may opt to treat the attack as a Barrage attack with the stated area of effect. As normal, the area attack has a Reflex save DC of 5 + Attack bonus for half damage.

Multiple "creatures" may be combined together to allow for additional attacks; for instance, a Large creature plus two Small ones could be used to imitate the natural attacks of a Skagg Troll, for instance. Destroying the core would break the creature though if not dismissed, the "arms" might continue attacking on their own.

Objects: When created with Glammer, objects are basically real, from the point of view of those affected by the glammer and are invisible and intangible to all others. They can be interacted with normally but cannot bear weight and obviously cannot damage anyone that is not affected by the glammer. Both of these conditions can cause a victim to save against the effect.

Scenery: The Red Man can create terrain and buildings using his glammer powers. These are limited in scope because of the finite size of the effect he can create, but it can be moved so that the area remains surrounding his victims. The Red Man can create difficult terrain, convince people that they are in water and even fake an upstairs in a structure by meddling with perceptions so that you feel like you've climbed stairs when in fact all you've done is enter another room. Obviously, those trapped in these illusions look very odd to non-victims and interaction with such can provide a save for disbelief. People are oddly accepting of their surroundings, so as long as the image doesn't change abruptly, it would take someone stumbling on something hidden to notice that anything is amiss.
    Beginning an illusion is a Standard action, as it adding elements or victims to an existing delusion. The Red Man must spend a Swift action each round to keep his illusion up and the effect can be disrupted.

Tweening: A Red Man is a reasonably powerful fæ and can port through Physical Boundaries and the Space Beneath and also through Shadows during Dusk and Dawn.

Lore:

{table]DC:|Lore:

5| Fear Darrig are giant ogres who force you to eat your babies

10| The Red Men can make you do anything they want and will do so if you don't carry bread in your pocket

15|Fear Darrig are a breed of small gnome like creatures who are masters of illusion. They tend to be cruel in their "tricks"

20|Showing fear before a Red Man is one of the worst things you can do. "Scream if you want to go faster" being their motto.

25|Turning your clothes works well against the glammer of a Red Man and you can dispel their illusions by throwing salt over them.

30|There are three children's songs that are perfectly designed to hold off Darrig. They cannot bear the sound of these songs and will be forced to move away, though this doesn't work once they have started fighting you, it only keeps them away.

|In MV terms, this last one deals Subdual damage equal to the amount your Perform [Singing] check exceeds their Psyche each round. Knowing the songs requires the right lore check, though anyone with at least 10 ranks in perform will have at learned at least one [though wouldn't know to sing it][/table]

Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2011-12-24 at 04:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Ballybog:

To say that Ballybogs, a breed of peat fairy, are annoying is like saying that water is slightly moist. These rotund little creatures make their dwellings in the dense much of peat bogs and spend their time stealing what they cannot be bothered to produce themselves.

A ballybog is around eight inches wide around the middle with a head that simply grown like a lump from the top of its shoulders. Its gaping mouth is full of blunt, needle-like teeth and its nose hangs down over its top lip, matched by a pair of dog-like ears that sit up on their own. For the most part, the body and head resemble that of a toad with mismatched ears and nose but it is in the limbs, far too long and spindly to match the body, that they become alien. Their fingers are dexterous and their movements quick, though they struggle to move freely outside of the peat they choose to dwell in.

Fortunately for those they plague, ballybogs are neither smart nor magical; their sole ability is to cause people to sink into the bog and they rely on their ability to hide to get away with their petty thefts. If they need to lure someone into an area, they mock the target mercilessly through natural fog or darkness until the target comes to find his tormentors.

D&D Version:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tiny Fey [Fae]
    Hit Dice: 1d6-2 (1 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 5ft (1 square), Burrow 20ft (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (+3 Dex, +2 Size, +1 Natural), touch 15, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-10
    Attack: Choke +5 melee (1d3-2)
    Full Attack: Choke +5 melee (1d3-2)
    Space/Reach: 2.5 ft/ 0 ft
    Special Actions:
    1. Filch [Standard; make an attack at -4, if it hits, roll Sleight of Hand as a Free action to steal an item.]
    2. Soften [Swift, with target grappled; ground beneath target becomes liquid mud and target sinks. Stick in the Mud grants +10 bonus on Grapple for +0]

Special Qualities: Dissolve [Peat], DR 1/Natural, Low Light Vision, Tremoursense 40ft (burrowing only), Tweening [Physical Boundaries, dusk/dawn only]
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +0
    Abilities: Str: 6/-2 Dex: 16/+3 Con: 6/-2 Int: 6/-2 Wis: 10/- Cha: 6/-2
    Feats: FilchB, Stick in the MudB [When grappling target in viscous liquid, gain a +10 bonus on the check.], Weapon Finesse
    Skills: Bluff +2, Hide +15, Move Silently +7, Sleight of Hand +7, Spot +4, Swim +2
    Environment: Dingy moores and bogs
    Organization: Solitary, Cluster 2-8, Unseelie Hit Squad (4-12 + one Ankou)
    Challenge Rating: 1/2
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Chaotic, Usually Evil
    Advancement: Tiny 2-4, Small 5-8

Combat
    Ballybogs make good use of their ability to drag foes underground. One will usually lead an attempt, with Aid Another actions from his fellows and once the target has been dragged under the soil, the rest join in to sqeeze the life out of the unfortunate target.

Special Abilities:
    Soften [Su]: As a Swift action, while grappling a foe, the Ballybog may cause the ground beneath it to become watery for a brief moment. This allows him to effectively Shift his target into the ground without rolling a Grapple check. Once used, the Ballybog must wait at least a minute before attempting to use this ability again.

MV Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tiny Fae Humanoid 1 CP œ
    Init: + 5 , Senses: Listen + 0 , Spot +4
    Languages: Gaelic
    Defence: 12 Flatfooted: 12 Swift; +3 Dodge
    Hardness: DR 1/Natural
    HD: 1d8 – 2 + 6 Hp: 8
    Massive Damage: 6
    Thresholds: Green, [ 4 ] Yellow, [ 2] Orange, [ 1 ] Red
    Fort: + 0 Reflex: + 5 Will: + 0 Psyche: 7 Tussle: 2
    Speed: 5ft, Burrow 20ft Space: 2.5 ft Reach: 0 ft

Melee: +5 Choke (1d3-2)

BAB: + 0 Grapple: -10
    Special Actions:
    1. Filch [Standard; make an attack at -4, if it hits, roll Sleight of Hand as a Free action to steal an item.]
    2. Soften [Swift, with target grappled; ground beneath target becomes liquid mud and target sinks. Stick in the Mud grants +10 bonus on Grapple for +0]

Abilities: Str: 6/-2 Dex: 16/+3 Con: 6/-2 Int: 6/-2 Wis: 10/- Cha: 6/-2
    SQ: Dissolve [Peat], Tweening [Physical Boundaries, dusk/dawn only]

Feats: FilchB, Stick in the MudB [When grappling target in viscous liquid, gain a +10 bonus on the check.], Weapon Finesse

Skills: Manipulate +2, Sleight of Hand +7, Spot +4, Swim +2
    Special Abilities:
    Soften [Su]: As a Swift action, while grappling a foe, the Ballybog may cause the ground beneath it to become watery for a brief moment. This allows him to effectively Shift his target into the ground without rolling a Grapple check. Once used, the Ballybog must wait at least a minute before attempting to use this ability again.

New Feats: [OGL]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Filch:
    You have mastered the art of combat theft…to say that it's annoying is to miss the point.
    Prerequisites: Sleight of Hand 10 ranks, Weapon Finesse
    Description: Up to once per round, you may attempt a Filch as an attack option. The attack suffers a -4 penalty to hit, but if the hit is scored, you may roll a Sleight of Hand check as a free action to relieve your target of one unattended item on his person.
    Normal: Attempting a Sleight of Hand check is a Standard action that provokes an Attack of Opportunity.

Stick in the Mud [Monstrous]:

The beast is a deadly master of dragging its foes alive into a shallow grave.
    Prerequisites: Burrow Speed
    Description: If you can successfully move a grappled foe underground, you gain a +10 bonus on Grapple checks to begin or maintain a Pin. The victim is subject to Suffocation, as you might expect.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lore:
    {table=head]DC|Lore:

1|People go missing on the moores

6|Ballybogs are giant lizards that snatch children and do horrible things to them...

11|Ballybogs are annoying little ball shaped fae that live in the peat bogs

16|The sneaky little devils sneak up on you and try to steal your stuff or lure you to your death in the bogs

21|If they get a hold of you, they will turn the ground to liquid and pull you down. Stay on the paths if you can

26|Ballybogs dislike two things irrationally: the sound of magpies cawing or the sound of metal on metal. Driving a metal walking stick into the ground and hitting it with another piece of metal will keep them away for a little while.[/table]

as promissed, Ballybogs. Next up is...yeah, i've forgotten. Lunatashee possibly? At least im back in the swing here.
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2011-11-09 at 06:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. This is a very interesting thread. I'll be sure to read it in entirety and in the meanwhile, I'm curious about your take on Lady Midday from the Eastern European folklore.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Hm. This is a very interesting thread. I'll be sure to read it in entirety and in the meanwhile, I'm curious about your take on Lady Midday from the Eastern European folklore.
    I'm thinking that this could be a similar creature to the Lean sidhe i posted earlier in content. Possibly make the base creature sufficiently powerful to use my "making minor gods" idea work with her without any real modification.

I'll add her to the list.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Tokoloshe:
    A kind of "zombie spirit," the Tokoloshe is an undead fairy created by the skills of an angry and vindictive shaman or priest amongst the Zulu. The process of creating a tokoloshe involves selecting a human corpse and using a hot iron to burn a hole through its forehead, put out its eyes and sew its mouth shut. When this is completed, the corpse distorts and tears its mouth open, revealing a new horror.

An animate tokoloshe is around nineteen inches tall with a bloated pot belly, overlong, thumbless arms that drag on the ground and a penis so long they sling it over their shoulder. Its muzzle resembles that of a chimpanzee and its body is covered in long, black, grass-like hair; its teeth are sharp and lopsided and its grin is a terror to behold.

Tokoloshe are not only difficult to control, they are outright sadistic. When not on a specific mission or freed by the completion of the torment they were created for, they like to wander, seeking new, unsuspecting victims and ruining their lives forever more. They use their horrible strength to carry off those they take a shine to, commit rape of startling violence and return night after night until they have claimed all of your digits…one by one…

D&D Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tiny Undead [Fae]
    Hit Dice: 6d12 + 12
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 30ft (6 squares), Swim 20ft
    Armor Class: 20 (+2 Size, +3 Dex, +5 Natural), touch 15, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+9
    Attack: Slam +12/+12 melee (1d3+6) OR +7 Bite (1d8+3, 20/x3 plus Sever plus Mosquito's Bite)
    Full Attack: Slam +12/+12 melee (1d3+6) OR +7 Bite (1d8+3, 20/x3 plus Sever plus Mosquito's Bite)
    Space/Reach: 2.5 ft / 5 ft
    Special Attacks: Bestow Curse, Mosquito's Bite, Sever
    Special Qualities: Dissolve, DR 10/Slashing, DR 6/Natural, Fearless, Greater Invisibility, Horror DC 14, Nexus [Head], Tweening, Undead Traits
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3
    Abilities: Str: 22/+6 Dex: 16/+3 Con: - Int: 3/-4 Wis: 10/- Cha: 15/+2
    Skills: Move Silently +12, Swim +14
    Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Improved Grapple
    Environment: South African Lowlands
    Organization: Solitary, Master/Servant [1-4 plus Shaman]
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
    Advancement: 7-20 Tiny

Combat

Bestow Curse [Sp]: At will, Touch range, counts as Bestow Curse CL 6, Save DC 15

Dissolve: When slain, the grotesque Tokoloshe reverts to the human corpse that was used to make it; it becomes recognisable as the original person, albeit with a hole burned in his skull.

Goofer Vulnerability: Because it was designed originally to deal with similar spirits and creatures, Goofer Powder [the Voodoo equivalent of Unholy Water] is highly effective against Tokoloshe. If any of the powder comes into contact with the creature, it loses all of its DR for 1d6 rounds and must make a Fortitude save, DC 15, or be Dazed for the duration.

Greater Invisibility [Sp]: As a Full round action, the Tokoloshe can swallow a pebble which renders it invisible to all creatures that it has not cursed. Attacking does not affect this ability but they are fully visible to any creature that they have cursed. See Invisibility requires a DC 16 caster level check to penetrate this effect.

Horror [Ex]: Seeing a Tokoloshe is a terrifying experience; twisted, mutilated and disfigured beyond all mortal recognition. On first laying eyes on the creature, all characters must make a Will save, DC 15, or become Shaken for the rest of the encounter. This save is Charisma based.

Mosquito's Bite [Ex]: The bite of a Tokoloshe is renowned for its ability to take the toes off a sleeping person or the finger off a nosey child without the target feeling it. Any critical hit with its bite that causes the Sever ability to activate requires a Will save, DC 15 to notice because of the numbing poison of its saliva. The save is Charisma based.

Nexus [Head]: The head of a Tokoloshe is vulnerable to attack because of the exposed spark that animates it. It is vulnerable to both Critical Hits and Precision damage if the attacker takes a -4 penalty to hit in aiming for the burned eyehole.

Sever [Ex]: The teeth of a Tokoloshe are impossibly able to liberate small portions of its target from the body, often without notice. Rolls the tokoloshe makes to confirm Critical hits are considered to have a Threat range of 16-20. If a threat is rolled, another confirmation roll may be made, resulting in a Wound for the target.

Tweening: The Tokoloshe is a fæ creature, after all else is said and done and can tween through Physical Boundaries and the Space beneath, along with Shadows during Dusk and Dawn.

MV Version:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tiny Fae Undead Construct 6 CP 6+
    Init: + 8 , Senses: Listen + 0 , Spot +0
    Languages: Zulu
    Defence: 16 Flatfooted: 12
    Hardness: DR 10/Piercing + DR 6/Natural
    HD: 9d10 + 32 + 18 Hp: 99
    Massive Damage: 19
    Thresholds: Green, [ 49 ] Yellow, [ 25 ] Orange, [ 10 ] Red
    Resist: Precision; Immunity: Disease, Life Support, Mind Effecting, Poison
    Fort: + 6 Reflex: + 8 Will: + 3 Psyche: 12 Tussle: 18
    Speed: 30ft, Swim 20ft Space: 2.5 ft Reach: 5 ft, 10ft for Shifting

Melee: +12/+12 Slam (1d3+6) OR +7 Bite (1d8+3, 20/x3 plus Sever plus Mosquito's Bite)

BAB:
    + 4 Grapple: +6
    Special Actions:
    • Curse [Swift, requires physical contact; target gains one of the following, Will DC 16/Neg: -3 on all checks on one stat, DC 13 Balance or fall each time you move, -1 on all checks, infertility, impotence, disease, +1 Error range]
    • Greater Invisibility [Full; Swallow stone, becomes invisible to all except those cursed by it for 1 hour, attacking does not dispel]

3Abilities: Str: 22/+6 Dex: 16/+3 Con: 16/+3 Int: 3/-4 Wis: 10/- Cha: 10/-
    SQ: Dissolve, Fearless, Horror DC 14, Nexus [Head], Tweening

Feats:
    Dodge, Mobility, Toughness

Skills: Move Silently +12, Swim +23
    Special Abilities:
    Dissolve: When slain, the grotesque Tokoloshe reverts to the human corpse that was used to make it; it becomes recognisable as the original person, albeit with a hole burned in his skull.

Goofer Vulnerability: Because it was designed originally to deal with similar spirits and creatures, Goofer Powder [the Voodoo equivalent of Unholy Water] is highly effective against Tokoloshe. If any of the powder comes into contact with the creature, it loses all of its DR for 1d6 rounds and must make a Fortitude save, DC 15, or be Dazed for the duration.

Mosquito's Bite [Ex]: The bite of a Tokoloshe is renowned for its ability to take the toes off a sleeping person or the finger off a nosey child without the target feeling it. Any critical hit with its bite that causes the Sever ability to activate requires a Will save, DC 16 to notice because of the numbing poison of its saliva.

Sever [Ex]: The teeth of a Tokoloshe are impossibly able to liberate small portions of its target from the body, often without notice. Rolls the tokoloshe makes to confirm Critical hits are considered to have a Threat range of 16-20. If a threat is rolled, another confirmation roll may be made, resulting in a Wound for the target.

Tweening: The Tokoloshe is a fæ creature, after all else is said and done and can tween through Physical Boundaries and the Space beneath, along with Shadows during Dusk and Dawn.

Note: the Tokoloshe is made using the Compact upgrade, hence retaining it's medium size for Grappling modifiers. However, lacking thumbs puts it at a real disadvantage here and so it suffers a -4 penalty on Grapple checks.

Lore:
    {table]DC:|Lore:

6|Tokoloshe are little monsters that eat children and toes

11|Putting your bed up on paper wrapped bricks or tin buckets will protect from Tokoloshe in the night

16|While imbued with fairy power, Tokoloshe are a kind of undead made by shamans from corpses in a horrible ritual

21|Tokoloshe are invisible and attack people near rivers. They bite off toes and you might not even notice

26|Goofer powder is effective against Tokoloshe as the similar magics interfere with each other. Tokoloshe can't climb refined materials, hence why standing your bed on paper or tin can protect you

31|The heart of a tokoloshe is its key weakness and is help by the shaman commanding it. Tokoloshe that break free of a shaman hide their heart amongst the stones of their favoured watery lair. Destroying the heart slays the creature instantly.[/table]

Sereq's suggestion of the Tokoloshe here. I originally tried to make a template but this was a middle of the road option. Greater versions are certainly possible, presumably with Alternate Form [I]to account for the additional shapes attributed to it.
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2011-11-09 at 07:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

These are interesting. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. It just strikes me that the Under-Goblins should have masterwork picks.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-09-30 at 09:24 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

These are interesting. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread.

Debby
    Hey Deb. How was the holiday [a little late, i know]?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Hey Deb. How was the holiday [a little late, i know]?
    Good. Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, things have been a bit hairy as my mother has been hospitalized (for the 3rd time now).

See my edit about the under-goblins having masterwork weapons. It just seems it goes with their profession.

Deb

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Do tool-weapons apply to both functions? I agree with the idea but i'm seeing them more as miners than warriors so it wouldn't be a masterwork weapon, just a +2 on Profession [Mining]

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Looking over the Fear Darrig's D&D incarnation, I have to say the ability sounds too strong for a 5 HD critter. He's got the defensive abilities of a CR 3-4 or so and the offensive abilities of at least a CR 7-9 or so at least, if I read the ability right. You need to clarify how much of the glammer critter's original stats are used and how much is derived from the fear darrig. If he whips up a few 12-headed hydras, can each one make 12 attacks that each deal 3d6+7 damage? I assume not, but it doesn't really say one way or the other.
    Everything I wanted to know about the planes I learned at Dicefreaks.

Projects to watch:
    City of Seven Seraphs for PF from Lost Spheres Publishing
    The Faerie Ring: Along the Twisting Way for PF and 5e from Zombie Sky Press
    Psionics Guide for Starfinder from Dreamscarred Press

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Could you quote the part of the text that gives you the impression that you use the creature's stats so I can fix that.

The intention is that it should be using modified versions of the base stats of the Darrig itself and if that's not clear, i'm going to have to correct it or figure out another way of wording the sucker...

What it should be is:

Attack: Fear Darrig's BAB + Str + Cha - Size
    Damage: See table
    AC: Fear Darrig's - size
    DR: See table.
    HP: Darrig's HD2

You could make a vague copy of the Hydra by making a Huge body with one attack and then treating 4 heads as medium creatures, though that's creative use of illusions.

I'll clarify that it only get's a number of attacks based on the Darrig's BAB though. Infact, looking at it, the whole thing needs basically bulletpointing like above.