New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Harem Comedy: "Busted!" Season One

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post

Sounds like a JOAT Survivor.
    I could believe a Survivor having a kill power even. Zelphas, are you willing to take credit for or deny doing one of the kills N1?

- - - Updated - - -

Or killing Taffimai. Hit "Submit" early somehow.
    I don't think a JOAT survivor would be responsible.

We had 2 kills n1, which suggest someone besides wolf is doing killing.
    And a wolf kill n2.

A joat could only be responsible for 1, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I made a chat with Taffy,
    Which Persolus also claimed
    I also talked to Cassie,
    Who for nothing can be blamed.

My third was the Bat
    Which did not go through
    Those are all I had
    And none I can prove true.

But I do wonder still
    Where is the second kill?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Xumtiil gets to be the new person on my "person I can trust as vig" list. They are the only name on the list, currently.

3. - Top - End - #303

Anyone else wanna say they baned or voided someone then?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, not only am I alive but so are all the other townies (and wolves, but I suppose you can't have everything).

Not sure what to think about Xum yet. I was starting to trust him but getting voided on a night with no kills is pretty damning. It could be that he's an SK and the wolves ran into some other issue with their kill (More voiding? Bane? Extra life?), but that's obviously not much better than being a wolf. I was kind of expecting Xum to claim vig, not sure whether this claim is more or less trustworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Just in case Zelphas is a wolf and this is a way of getting the last lynch they need, there's no way today's LYLO, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming three wolves and one neutral, today should be 7-3-1. We lynch a townie and it's 6-3-1 tonight. Two townies are killed in the night and it's 4-3-1 by morning. I think that's the worst case scenario, so probably not LYLO.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

There's been no speculation on who Taffimai might've chosen as scumbuddies, has there? I realize such speculation is probably fruitless, but here I go.
    We know I and Batcathat are town.

As a player picked the wolves alone, I can see at least one of bladescape/Murska, as both are considered tricky experienced players from the "old" days of the forum community (before this game got revived a couple years ago). Was Lady Serpentine from those days as well? She joined the current games while I was fairly distracted/away.
    bladescape is really good, but also someone who often gets suspected due to his behavior (as town or wolf) and could get lynched easy. So 50/50 odds?

Book Wombat got some heat, so how about him? He's often quiet and flys under the radar, but still around. I'm not sure if that would be seen as desirable for a scumbuddy or not.

I don't have enough experience playing with Illven or Cazero to say anything. Nor really Let'sGetKraken.
    Zelphas has played well. I can see them getting recruited, but Taffimai seemed to be pushing for his wagon earlier in the game. I should look back to see if that wagon seemed strong enough to have a chance to win.
    Xumtiil... I can see her being recruited.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ti is from the ollllld days as well yes.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

7. - Top - End - #307

There's been no speculation on who Taffimai might've chosen as scumbuddies, has there? I realize such speculation is probably fruitless, but here I go.
    We know I and Batcathat are town.

As a player picked the wolves alone, I can see at least one of bladescape/Murska, as both are considered tricky experienced players from the "old" days of the forum community (before this game got revived a couple years ago). Was Lady Serpentine from those days as well? She joined the current games while I was fairly distracted/away.
    bladescape is really good, but also someone who often gets suspected due to his behavior (as town or wolf) and could get lynched easy. So 50/50 odds?

Book Wombat got some heat, so how about him? He's often quiet and flys under the radar, but still around. I'm not sure if that would be seen as desirable for a scumbuddy or not.

I don't have enough experience playing with Illven or Cazero to say anything. Nor really Let'sGetKraken.
    Zelphas has played well. I can see them getting recruited, but Taffimai seemed to be pushing for his wagon earlier in the game. I should look back to see if that wagon seemed strong enough to have a chance to win.
    Xumtiil... I can see her being recruited.
    I suggested it, but was told that such thoughts can lead to a vicious loop of. "Well this player is obvious." "Yeah that would make Taffi not pick them." "Unless they thought we'd think that could make them too obvious."

But unless someone wants to come through with another baned, or voided target.

Xumtiil

8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    I made a chat with Taffy,
    Which Persolus also claimed
    I also talked to Cassie,
    Who for nothing can be blamed.

My third was the Bat
    Which did not go through
    Those are all I had
    And none I can prove true.

But I do wonder still
    Where is the second kill?
    So, no one alive to corroborate any of this? And even if it was true, wolves almost certainly have networking powers too - would be too much of a giveaway otherwise. Keeping my vote where it is.

Curious what you talked to Cassie about. Mind elaborating?

Jeen, do you have any other information you think might be worth sharing?
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-11-28 at 11:04 AM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

There's been no speculation on who Taffimai might've chosen as scumbuddies, has there?
    I haven't gotten much further than the problem I talked about earlier of experience and personal preference versus unpredictability. If I were Taff, I would try to avoid this situation by keeping my selections at least partially random or otherwise unexpected. Of course, there's always the double bluff of picking exactly the expected wolves, banking on us dismissing the possibility.

So while hearing other people's thoughts on it would be interesting, I suspect it won't help us much with the wolf hunt. Maaaaaybe if we find two wolves and notice some pattern that can help us find the third, but even then Taff might've intentionally subverted a pattern like that.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

JeenLeen, Xumtiil asked me to tell you "I like a nice shrimp soufflé".
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Maaaaaybe if we find two wolves and notice some pattern that can help us find the third, but even then Taff might've intentionally subverted a pattern like that.
    On the other hand, we're very unlikely to stumble upon all pieces of a pattern except the one that happens to go against expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, nobody dead this night? I'd love to see a voider claim different from our self-appointed survivor.

Also I feel like pressuring bladescape a little. Maybe get him to spout something less cryptic.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I asked privately, and AV confirmed there is one bastard mechanic. But the bastard mechanic is not the Fool. She considers that too normal to be a bastard mechanic. She also said it wasn't the wolves' picking their team, which she doesn't consider bastard but could see someone making that argument as it's a non-normal thing.
    So it's still out there, perhaps muddling our info/analysis.
    I have some theories about a vortexer not knowing they are a vortexer, but it's iffy and annoying if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    JeenLeen, Xumtiil asked me to tell you "I like a nice shrimp soufflé"
    I will confirm I'm in a chat with Xumtiil, and Xumtiil does indeed appear to be in a chat with Cazero based on this statement.
    None of this gives much evidence one way or another towards anyone's alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    So, no one alive to corroborate any of this? And even if it was true, wolves almost certainly have networking powers too - would be too much of a giveaway otherwise. Keeping my vote where it is.

Curious what you talked to Cassie about. Mind elaborating?

Jeen, do you have any other information you think might be worth sharing?
    From talking with Xumtiil: indeed, nobody alive can collaborate her story, and it's fully possible Zelphas voided her.
    Xumtiil told me she wanted to test a bastard mechanic, so she made a chat with "Cassie". It put her in a chat with AV.

I don't really have anything else I should share. Some things I could share if circumstances proved it necessary, but at this point sharing would just help the wolves.
    Well, sharing on purpose. My unfamiliarity with Discord led to me accidentally leaking something to bladescape due to clicking the wrong Channel. So really hoping he's Town. (Note this is not a reason to kill him. If he's Town, it's good he knows. If he's wolf, he's already told the wolves so killing him doesn't help.)

As I'm not 100% cognitively (still got some flu), I'm going to try to be relatively quiet lest I give away I shouldn't.

12. - Top - End - #312

I have some theories about a vortexer not knowing they are a vortexer, but it's iffy and annoying if true.
    Based on what I asked Vecna, this would almost certainly violate Rule 1. (The narrator won't lie to you)

The only way I could see it working, is if someone had a power swap feature.

13. - Top - End - #313

I'm almost certain that Xum void isn't what stopped the kill.

But I don't have strong reason to defend them outside ego.

Because if I'm wrong on them here it means that I actually don't have a good read on Xum and the last game catch was luck.

Ego it is

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

14. - Top - End - #314

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post

Because if I'm wrong on them here it means that I actually don't have a good read on Xum and the last game catch was luck.

Ego it is
    What do you think stopped the kills?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Ego it is
    I think the fact that there was no kill at all when there's clearly a second NK in the mix makes Xum more likely to be guilty (though personally I'm leaning SK rather than wolf, which might be my own ego speaking). If the voiding didn't stop Xum from killing someone (and possibly didn't happen at all), that means two kills were presumably stopped by some other means. Which is certainly possible, but feels less likely, especially in what's advertised as a game with few power roles.

16. - Top - End - #316

Reason I think it didn't stop kill is because Zelphas preventing kills doesn't jive with how n2 happened.

That being said.

BCH actually is right in that maybe SK which I hadn't thought of.

But I have another reason to think there's someone else stopping kills.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

I can help with info today! Sorry I'm here so late, had a couple back-to-back full-day events.

So I'm the Nurse Girl. My power is to give someone a Checkup, letting me keep them in bed for a time. Each night, select one player. That player cannot use any powers tonight. This does not affect passive abilities, only active ones.

The first night, I checked up on BatCatHat. No feedback. The second night, I went hunting for a possible Serial Killer, and hit Illven. However, the kill that was missing was probably the Wolf kill unless something strange like a Vortex was at play. I didn't want to bring it up early, since it'd stifle discussion. Then late in the day when I got back on, there was a very juicy competition between two wagons, one of which was one of my big wolf leans and a treasure trove of information besides. (One that I haven't had time to dig into yet unfortunately.) I felt that if I'd muddle the waters with my claim that late in the day, the most likely end result would've been that the wolves dilute the vote and manage to get 3SC off the hook - apologies on that one, I was super wrong. I just don't understand why they didn't claim earlier.

I went into night 3 with the thought that if Illven was a wolf kill, then probably someone else would be carrying that but in the end since I was busy I went with Illven again since at least if they're a wolf they'd probably have some kind of power. And today, there are no kills at all.
    Last edited by Murska; 2022-11-29 at 07:37 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

18. - Top - End - #318

I have mechanical evidence that Illven is town.

Jeen has my reasons for it and can decide whether to confirm. He should be able to 100% clear Illven from that info even if I am wolf.

Unless the bastard mechanic is a hilarious one.

But probably not

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. Well, that's... good? But I really thought I was stopping kills. Is Illven a Vigilante?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I can help with info today! Sorry I'm here so late, had a couple back-to-back full-day events.

So I'm the Nurse Girl. My power is to give someone a Checkup, letting me keep them in bed for a time. Each night, select one player. That player cannot use any powers tonight. This does not affect passive abilities, only active ones.

The first night, I checked up on BatCatHat. No feedback. The second night, I went hunting for a possible Serial Killer, and hit Illven. However, the kill that was missing was probably the Wolf kill unless something strange like a Vortex was at play. I didn't want to bring it up early, since it'd stifle discussion. Then late in the day when I got back on, there was a very juicy competition between two wagons, one of which was one of my big wolf leans and a treasure trove of information besides. (One that I haven't had time to dig into yet unfortunately.) I felt that if I'd muddle the waters with my claim that late in the day, the most likely end result would've been that the wolves dilute the vote and manage to get 3SC off the hook - apologies on that one, I was super wrong. I just don't understand why they didn't claim earlier.

I went into night 3 with the thought that if Illven was a wolf kill, then probably someone else would be carrying that but in the end since I was busy I went with Illven again since at least if they're a wolf they'd probably have some kind of power. And today, there are no kills at all.
    Hmm. While it does seem a little convenient that two voiders happened to stop two kills (assuming Xum and Illven are some combination of serial killer and wolf) and that we even still have two voiders after Xi flipped, it does seem to explain the lack of kills, so let's go with Illven for now. Probably good for discussion to have more than one wagon, in any case.

- - - Updated - - -

I have mechanical evidence that Illven is town.

Jeen has my reasons for it and can decide whether to confirm. He should be able to 100% clear Illven from that info even if I am wolf.

Unless the bastard mechanic is a hilarious one.

But probably not
    Alright, this might take the record for my shortest vote ever. I guess I'll trust you for now, at least.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2022-11-28 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Vote begone!

21. - Top - End - #321

I have come to a quick realisation that it's not 100% and I'm a dumbass.

But like, still leaning on probably town.

Also this is assuming the bastard mech isn't in play

- - - Updated - - -

Jeen has all my reasons and thoughts for the above.

I'll let him make the call.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, well, someone give me some thoughts on Bladescape's play here. Is this a wolf trying to save another? It really doesn't read like that, and we shouldn't be at the point where they can afford to throw away their covers for mislynches.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey, for what it's worth and to clarify things that aren't particularly relevant to the questions at the forefront: I said earlier that bladescape said Illven and Zelphas networked with him N1.
    bladescape actually told me he was networked with them both N1. Zelphas did the networking for the Zelphas/bladescape chat (or so I'm told Zelphas told bladescape), but Illven and he were networked together by a third party.
    This isn't particularly pertinent, but while I want to catch a wolf in a lie, I don't want it to be a mistake based on a mistake I made reading things.

I find that odd, but apparently Persolus spent his action connecting Xumtiil with Taffimai N1, so I guess some folk were doing that (that is, networking two folk not themselves).

On questions more at the forefront: I'm contemplating the implications of Murska's claim.

24. - Top - End - #324

Okay, well, someone give me some thoughts on Bladescape's play here. Is this a wolf trying to save another? It really doesn't read like that, and we shouldn't be at the point where they can afford to throw away their covers for mislynches.
    I mean if I was partnered I'd just help you kill them and then get rid of you at night.

In other unrelated news I'm thinking about voting them.

(This post is a joke before anyone susses me for it.)

- - - Updated - - -

In more serious news I am seriously considering I got too excited and jumped the gun with my Illven post.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The first night, I checked up on BatCatHat. No feedback.
    Do you have reason to believe you'd get feedback?

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Do you have reason to believe you'd get feedback?
    No feedback as in, no kills missing and no-one's said anything in-thread that'd look like I did something. I don't get any responses from AV.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Barbarian in the Playground

....huh. is the bastard mechanic that none of the non-Taffimai wolves know they're wolves? They were converted, but they might not have been made aware of that. So that when they use their powers, there's a chance that it's actually a wolf kill instead?

I really don't like Blade playing this close to the chest here, especially since this is a really solid case against Illven (assuming we can trust Murska, which is not necessarily the case).
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

28. - Top - End - #328

....huh. is the bastard mechanic that none of the non-Taffimai wolves know they're wolves? They were converted, but they might not have been made aware of that. So that when they use their powers, there's a chance that it's actually a wolf kill instead?

I really don't like Blade playing this close to the chest here, especially since this is a really solid case against Illven (assuming we can trust Murska, which is not necessarily the case).

I don't believe that could be the case. Would violate rule 1 of game.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

That would explain things. But how are they supposed to figure out they're wolves, and how are we supposed to deduce if they don't even know?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if every time you target people one of them dies, you can do the math. But that's probably not what's happening with two nights with missing wolf kills.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

While I'm still not sure about blade (or Illven or anyone else not Jeen, really), I got a wolfy vibe from the way Murska presented the case and then quickly backed away when it seemed to fall apart.

Also, if the bastard mechanic is that the wolves don't know they're wolves, that might actually be worse than when the narrator was a killer.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2022-11-29 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Vote begone!