New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5, Zaaman-Rul] Mechanical Guide to Zaaman-Rul

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    I completely agree. However, bonus blast shapes and essences would definitely go a long way to getting this up to tier 3.
    Ergo why it's cool.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Credit to Unsmoked Cigarette.

Devoted of the Hurd

”Scream! Tear out the stars, and fill your mouth with blood! For the Hurd is dining on flesh tonight!”
    Jakrithos, Devoted of the Hurd.

BECOMING A DEVOTED OF THE HURD
    How you would normally become a member of this prestige class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Skills: Intimidate 8 ranks
    Feats: Power Attack
    Special: Must be indoctrinated into the Hurd.
    Religion: Must worship Vghotan.

Class Skills
    The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d12

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Cull the Weak +1d6

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Terrifying Strike

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Power of Vghotan

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Cull the Weak +2d6

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Execute

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Terrifying Roar

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Cull the Weak +3d6

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Taste Flesh

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Destroy the Weak

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Cull the Weak +4d6, Strength of Vghotan[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: The Devoted of the Hurd gains no proficiency with armor, and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons.

Cull the Weak (Ex): Whenever the Devoted of the Hurd makes a successful attack against an opponent who has less than one half of their total hit points, who is shaken/frightened, or when he has lower than 75% of his total health, he deals an extra +1d6 damage. This damage increases by 1d6 at fourth level, and every three levels thereafter (seventh, tenth). This damage doubles against opponents who have 25% or less of their total health, when the Devoted of the Hurd has 50% or less of his total health, or when the opponent is panicked.

Terrifying Strike (Ex): Starting at second level, whenever the Devoted of the Hurd deals at least ten percent of an opponents total hit points in damage to them in a single attack, that opponent must make a Will save (DC 10 + Devoted of the Hurd levels + Strength modifier) or become shaken. If an opponent who is already affected by this ability fails their Will save because of a second application, they become frightened, and if they become so affected by a third application, they become panicked.

Power of Vghotan (Ex): Starting at third level, the Devoted of the Hurd may, once per encounter, gain a bonus to a single attack roll, saving roll, or skill check, equal to their maximum hit points minus their current hit points, divided by the number of hit dice they possess, as an immediate action.

Execute (Ex): Starting at fifth level, the Devoted of the Hurd may, as a swift action, treat a single opponent as if they were at 25% of their total hit points for the next attack they make against them.

Terrifying Roar (Ex): Starting at sixth level, once per encounter, the Devoted of the Hurd may force all opponents within 30 feet to make a Will save (DC 10 + Devoted of the Hurd levels + Strength modifier) or become panicked, as a standard action.

Taste Flesh (Ex): Starting at eighth level, once per encounter, the Devoted to the Hurd may make a bite attack against an opponent as a standard action, with a bonus to the attack equal to their Devoted of the Hurd levels, dealing 2d4 damage plus their strength modifier. If that attack deals damage, then the Devoted of the Hurd gains a +4 bonus to Strength and Dexterity for a number of rounds equal to his constitution modifier. The Devoted of the Hurd may use this ability in a full attack, at a -5 penalty to the attack.

Destroy the Weak (Ex): Starting at ninth level, the Devoted of the Hurd may once per day, as a full round action, force an opponent that is panicked, or at 50% or less of their hit points to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + Devoted of the Hurd levels + Strength modifier) or die. The opponent gets a penalty to the saving throw equal to 100% minues the percent of health they currently have divided by 10, rounded down to the nearest whole integer, with a maximum penalty of -5 (E.G. A Devoted of the Hurd destroys an Orog with 30% of their total health at the time; the Orog takes a -5 to the saving throw).

Strength of Vghotan (Ex): Starting at tenth level, the Devoted of the Hurd may, as a swift action, once per day, ignore any damage that would send him below 0 hit points for the next two rounds. After those rounds have passed, all of the damage is immediately dealt to him, and regardless of any the damage dealt, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + Devoted of the Hurd levels + Strength modifier) or die. During those rounds, the Devoted gains an extra Standard, Move and Swift action.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-01-20 at 09:32 PM.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    I don't normally critique pictures, since that's such a maker-dependent thing, but I found a different one I liked more for this. It's spoilered below, what do you think? If it's not your speed, that's cool. It's your call with your work, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

Courtesy of unsmoking-Cigarette

”Scream! Tear out the stars, and fill your mouth with blood! For the Hurd is dining on flesh tonight!”
    Jakrithos, Devoted of the Hurd.
    Great quote, love it. Really gives the Hurd some extra menace.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Skills: Intimidate 8 ranks
    Feats: Power Attack
    Special: Must be indoctrinated into the Hurd.
    Religion: Must worship Vghotan.
    Oh man, I looooove that use of fluff requirements! Don't shy away from those!

Minor nitpick: the requirement for "Must worship Vghotan" should be Patron Deity, not Religion, to match with D&D precedent (see: Faiths and Pantheons, where it is Patron, and Lost Empires of Faerun, where it is Patron Deity; also, it sounds better IMO).

Class Skills
    The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d12
    Looks good.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Cull the Weak +1d6

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Terrifying Strike

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Power of Vghotan

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Cull the Weak +2d6

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Execute

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Terrifying Roar

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Cull the Weak +3d6

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Taste Flesh

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Destroy the Weak

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Cull the Weak +4d6, Strength of Vghotan[/table]
    Looks good, seems reasonable.

Weapon Proficiencies: The Devoted of the Hurd gains no proficiency with armor, and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons.
    This is curious. Why the weapon profs? Not like I mind, but I'm just curious as to the logic of it.

Cull the Weak (Ex): Whenever the Devoted of the Hurd makes a successful attack against an opponent who has less than one half of their total hit points, who is shaken/frightened, or when he has lower than 75% of his total health, he deals an extra +1d6 damage. This damage increases by 1d6 at fourth level, and every three levels thereafter (seventh, tenth). This damage doubles against opponents who have 25% or less of their total health, when the Devoted of the Hurd has 50% or less of his total health, or when the opponent is panicked.
    I like it.

Terrifying Strike (Ex): Starting at second level, whenever the Devoted of the Hurd deals at least ten percent of an opponents total hit points in damage to them, that opponent must make a Will save (DC 10 + Devoted of the Hurd levels + Strength modifier) or become shaken. If an opponent who is already affected by this ability fails their Will save because of a second application, they become frightened, and if they become so affected by a third application, they become panicked.
    Does this only trigger if you deal 10% in a single hit, like I would reasonably assume? As worded it's fairly ambiguous.

Power of Vghotan (Ex): Starting at third level, the Devoted of the Hurd may, once per encounter, gain a bonus to a single attack roll, saving roll, or skill check, equal to the amount of damage they have taken divided by the number of hit dice they possess, as an immediate action.
    Amount of damage total, ever? Let's make it "in that encounter".

Execute (Ex): Starting at fifth level, the Devoted of the Hurd may, as a full round action, treat a single opponent as if they were at 25% of their total hit points for a single attack.
    I assume the way Execute is meant to work is as follows: you take a full-round action to make a single attack that treats your opponent as if they're at 25% of total hp. If so, this needs to be worded a little better, since it doesn't actually say you make the attack. Otherwise, looks good.

Terrifying Roar (Ex): Starting at sixth level, once per encounter, the Devoted of the Hurd may force all opponents within 30 feet to make a Will save (DC 10 + Devoted of the Hurd levels + Strength modifier) or become panicked, as a standard action.
    Ah, so doin' it Hobgoblin style, eh?

Taste Flesh (Ex): Starting at eighth level, once per encounter, the Devoted to the Hurd may make a bite attack against an opponent as a standard action, with a bonus to the attack equal to their Devoted of the Hurd levels, dealing 2d4 damage plus their strength modifier. If that attack deals damage, then the Devoted of the Hurd gains a +4 bonus to Strength and Dexterity for a number of rounds equal to his constitution modifier.
    Huh. Can you use it in an attack routine? Currently, it's a unique attack option that doesn't fit into full attacks, but I'd kinda like to see Taste Flesh be an attack action so you can bite then continue with a buffed full-attack.

Destroy the Weak (Ex): Starting at ninth level, the Devoted of the Hurd may once per day, as a full round action, force an opponent that is panicked, at 50% or less of their hit points to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + Devoted of the Hurd levels + Strength modifier) or die. The opponent gets a penalty to the saving throw equal to 100% minues the percent of health they currently have divided by 10, rounded down to the nearest whole integer, with a maximum penalty of -5 (E.G. A Devoted of the Hurd destroys an Orog with 30% of their total health at the time; the Orog takes a -5 to the saving throw).
    ...that's complicated, but I get the gist of it. Seems ok. Does the target need to be both panicked and at 50% or less? The way it's worded, again, it sounds like it, but I really doubt it.

Strength of Vghotan (Ex): Starting at tenth level, the Devoted of the Hurd may, as a swift action, once per day, ignore any damage that would send him below 0 hit points for one round. After that round has passed, all of the damage is immediately dealt to him, and regardless of any the damage dealt, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + Devoted of the Hurd levels + Strength modifier) or die. During that round, the Devoted gains an extra Standard, Move and Swift action.
    So, you get a Final Judgment sorta thing? Seems like a good capstone.

Overall, I like it. Really gets the "WE'RE F***ING CRAZY" feel across well, which is good to see. Needs some clarifications and at least one "nerf" (Power of Vghotan, not really a nerf, but a massively important clarification), then I'll include it.

Also, I should have the rest of the Intolian Armory up tonight (most of it already is up, actually).

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Invocations|Eldrit ch Enhancement
    1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Eldritch Blast 1d6, Detect Magic, Least Invocations|1|0
    2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Arcane Mimicry, Mettle|2|0
    3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Eldritch Blast 2d6, Damage Reduction 1/Cold Iron|2|0
    4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Deceive Item|3|1
    5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Eldritch Blast 3d6|3|1
    6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|Lesser Invocations, Pact Ward|4|1
    7th|+5|+2|+2|+5|Eldritch Blast 4d6, Pact Blessing, Damage Reduction 2/Cold Iron|4|2
    8th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+6|Fiendish Resilience 1|5|2
    9th|+6/+1|+3|+3|+6|Dual Blast, Eldritch Blast 5d6|5|2
    10th|+7/+2|+3|+3|+7|Pact Ward|6|3
    11th|+8/+3|+3|+3|+7|Eldritch Blast 6d6, Greater Invocations, Damage Reduction 3/Cold Iron|7|3
    12th|+9/+4|+4|+4|+8|Imbue Item, Pact Blessing|7|3
    13th|+9/+4|+4|+4|+8|Eldritch Blast 7d6, Fiendish Resilience 2|8|4
    14th|+10/+5|+4|+4|+9|Offer Pact, Pact Ward|8|4
    15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+9|Eldritch Blast 8d6, Damage Reduction 4/Cold Iron|9|4
    16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10|Triblast, Dark Invocation|10|5
    17th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10|Eldritch Blast 9d6, Pact Blessing|10|5
    18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11|Pact Ward, Fiendish Resilience 5|11|5
    19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Eldritch Blast 10d6, Damage Reduction 5/Cold Iron|11|6
    20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|Dark Ascension|12|6[/table]
    Eldritch Blast (Sp): As the warlock ability.
    Invocations: As the warlock ability.
    Arcane Mimicry: At third level, the Warlock gains a modicum of Arcane power. Select one class: Dread Necromancer, Warmage, or Beguiler. When you select this feat, and again at every time you gain a warlock level, select two spells on the spell list of the class you chose. These spells may not be of a level higher than 1/2 your warlock class level. A number of times per day equal to 1+ your charisma modifier, you may cast one spell from your list of spells known. You must have an intelligence score equal to or greater than 10+ the spell's level to cast the spell. Save DCs from the spells are calculated using your charisma modifier as their casting stat. After using this feat, you may not use your Eldritch blast for a number of rounds equal to 1/3 the spell's level (Rounded up). If, for some reason, you cannot use your Eldritch Blast, you may not cast spells using this feat. You may not cast a number of spells whose total spell level exceeds your warlock level in one day. Level 0 spells count as level 1/2 spells for this purpose. You do not count as being able to cast spells by means of this feat.
    Detect Magic: You may use detect magic, as the spell, at will.
    Mettle: At 2nd level or higher, if a warlock makes a successful fortitude or will saving throw against an attack that normally has a partial effect on a successful save, they instead takes no damage.
    Damage Reduction: At third level, the warlock gains damage reduction 1/cold iron. This increases by 1 for every 4 levels the warlock has.
    Deceive item: As the warlock ability.
    Pact Ward: At 6th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, a warlock may gain one of the abilities from the following list. The effects stack.
    • Damage Reduction: The warlock gains damage reduction 2/cold iron, or existing damage reduction increases by 3.
    • Energy Resistance: The warlock gains energy resistance 10 to one chosen element, or existing energy resistance increases by 15.
    • Fast Healing: The warlock gains fast healing 1, or existing fast healing increases by 2. This cannot bring a warlock above half health.
    • Spell Resistance: The warlock gains spell resistance equal to 9+ it's class levels, or it's existing spell resistance increases by 3.

Eldritch Enhancement: As the warlock gains levels, they gain additional invocations to their standard invocations known, as shown on the table above. The Eldritch Enhancement invocations may only be used to obtain blast shape or eldritch essence invocations.
    Pact blessing: At seventh level, and every 5 levels thereafter, the warlock gains a Pact blessing from the list below. The abilities stack unless otherwise noted, and none of them may be taken multiple times unless otherwise noted.
    • Frightful Presence: Whenever the warlock attacks, all foes within 60ft must make a will save (DC = 10+1/2 warlock level+cha modifier) or be shaken for 2d6 rounds. If regardless of whether or not they successfully save, they are immune to additional uses of this power for 24 hours.
    • Unholy Speed: The warlock's base land increases by 10ft. This ability may be selected multiple times. The effects stack.
    • Unnatural Power: The warlock deals an additional point of damage per die of damage their eldritch blast does.
    • Inhuman Accuracy: The warlock gains a +2 bonus on all ranged attack rolls.
    • See Beyond Sight: The warlock gains blindsense 30ft. If they already have blindsense, they gain blindsight out to 15ft, or the range of their blindsight increases by 15ft, and their blindsense extends out an additional 15ft.

Fiendish Resilience: As the warlock ability
    Double Blast: At 9th level, you may take a full-round action to fire two eldritch blasts at your highest base attack bonus. However, each one takes a -2 penalty on the attack roll.
    Imbue Item: As the warlock ability.
    Offer Pact: At 14th level, you gain the ability to offer others the powers you have now, but at a price. Once per month in an hour-long ritual, you may create a deal with another willing, sentient being, offering dark powers in exchange for their life energy. Once this pact is made, you lose access to one invocation of your choice, and the being you make the pact with gains one least invocation of their choice. However, there is a cost: The constitution of the creature you make the pact with will decrease by 2. As long as the creature is alive, you gain a +2 bonus to constitution. You may only have 3 active pacts at a time.
    Triblast: At 16th level, when you use your Double Blast ability, you may fire a third eldritch blast. However, if you do, all attacks made in that round take a -3 penalty on the attack roll (Which does not stack with the penalty from Double Blast).
    Dark Ascension: At 20th level, you have amassed enough power to become immortal, claiming the full benefit of your pact. Your type changes to Outsider (native), becoming a creature of pure magic.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2011-01-21 at 04:57 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    I don't normally critique pictures, since that's such a maker-dependent thing, but I found a different one I liked more for this. It's spoilered below, what do you think? If it's not your speed, that's cool. It's your call with your work, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snip snap
    Ooo, that picture is awesome!

Minor nitpick: the requirement for "Must worship Vghotan" should be Patron Deity, not Religion, to match with D&D precedent (see: Faiths and Pantheons, where it is Patron, and Lost Empires of Faerun, where it is Patron Deity; also, it sounds better IMO).
    I will edit it in.

This is curious. Why the weapon profs? Not like I mind, but I'm just curious as to the logic of it.
    Well, presumably the Hurd would be willing to get commoners who were of a higher level, or high level warriors, but they don't really get that many martial weapons, so it seemed sort of fitting. I could remove it if necessary.

Does this only trigger if you deal 10% in a single hit, like I would reasonably assume? As worded it's fairly ambiguous.
    Yes. I will de-ambiguify it.

Amount of damage total, ever? Let's make it "in that encounter".
    Yes. I could have said total hit points minus current hit point total, which would make more sense.

I assume the way Execute is meant to work is as follows: you take a full-round action to make a single attack that treats your opponent as if they're at 25% of total hp. If so, this needs to be worded a little better, since it doesn't actually say you make the attack. Otherwise, looks good.
    Yes. I guess I could make it a swift action, and it activates on the next attack, because wording it otherwise would be a pain in the butt.

Huh. Can you use it in an attack routine? Currently, it's a unique attack option that doesn't fit into full attacks, but I'd kinda like to see Taste Flesh be an attack action so you can bite then continue with a buffed full-attack.
    I am going to go with yes. I will clarify that in the post.

...that's complicated, but I get the gist of it. Seems ok. Does the target need to be both panicked and at 50% or less? The way it's worded, again, it sounds like it, but I really doubt it.
    No, either one.

Overall, I like it. Really gets the "WE'RE F***ING CRAZY" feel across well, which is good to see. Needs some clarifications and at least one "nerf" (Power of Vghotan, not really a nerf, but a massively important clarification), then I'll include it.
    Sure thing.

Also; I love the image of intolian soldiers surrounding a Hurd warchief, and as he fends them off, his eyes glaze over, filled with a bloody haze. His hands grip his axes to the point of breaking, and he screams triumphantly in the air, his vocal chords being torn by the very action. He runs forward, tears a hunk out of a nearby soldiers neck, and swallows it whole. The other soldiers shiver and quake in their boots, and he turns towards them, the blood still streaming from his mouth, and his lips curling into a savage grin.

The sky was painted with blood that night.

Also, I should have the rest of the Intolian Armory up tonight (most of it already is up, actually).
    Coolio!

[Edit]: Also, the Hurd remind me vaguely of the write up for the Barbarian remake that I did. Found here.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-01-20 at 09:37 PM.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I'm dead tired, so I'll come back to ya'lls stuff tomorrow (promise!) but I wanted to say that the Imperial Armory is pretty much done. I've got a few odds and ends to wrap up (the D-8 Breaching Charge needs to be done, as does maybe an actual emplaced weapon) but its otherwise done.

Then, I've got some ideas for Khavghotani gear (gembombs, imbued potions, sticksteel, and a few other minor things). After that, I've got the revised Kobold on deck, and then I'll probably devote a lot more time to getting the Shadow out the door and into its post. Sometime in there, I'll get The Lattice up on the other thread, and then post the calendar.

Jesus I've got a lot of work to do. Bear with me folks, it's gonna be a slow, long ride.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Invocations|Eldrit ch Enhancement
    1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Eldritch Blast 1d6, Detect Magic, Least Invocations|1|0
    2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Arcane Mimicry, Mettle|2|0
    3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Eldritch Blast 2d6, Damage Reduction 1/Cold Iron|2|0
    4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Deceive Item|3|1
    5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Eldritch Blast 3d6|3|1
    6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|Lesser Invocations, Pact Ward|4|1
    7th|+5|+2|+2|+5|Eldritch Blast 4d6, Pact Blessing, Damage Reduction 2/Cold Iron|4|2
    8th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+6|Fiendish Resilience 1|5|2
    9th|+6/+1|+3|+3|+6|Eldritch Blast 5d6|5|2
    10th|+7/+2|+3|+3|+7|Pact Ward|6|3
    11th|+8/+3|+3|+3|+7|Eldritch Blast 6d6, Greater Invocations, Damage Reduction 3/Cold Iron|7|3
    12th|+9/+4|+4|+4|+8|Imbue Item, Pact Blessing|7|3
    13th|+9/+4|+4|+4|+8|Eldritch Blast 7d6, Fiendish Resilience 2|8|4
    14th|+10/+5|+4|+4|+9|Offer Pact, Pact Ward|8|4
    15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+9|Eldritch Blast 8d6, Damage Reduction 4/Cold Iron|9|4
    16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10|Dark Invocation|10|5
    17th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10|Eldritch Blast 9d6, Pact Blessing|10|5
    18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11|Pact Ward, Fiendish Resilience 5|11|5
    19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Eldritch Blast 10d6, Damage Reduction 5/Cold Iron|11|6
    20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|Dark Ascension|12|6[/table]
    Eldritch Blast (Sp): As the warlock ability, but as an attack action.
    Invocations: As the warlock ability.
    Ok, looks interesting. Lots of abilities. Only concern at the moment is that EB is an attack action, which gets pretty silly at higher levels, when your base damage is like 5d6 or whatever. I'd prefer that remain a standard, with perhaps a class feature later in the class that makes it an attack action instead, thus rewarding long-term Warlocks and preventing dips with Cleric for Zen Archery or whatever.

Arcane Mimicry: At third level, the Warlock gains a modicum of Arcane power. Select one class: Dread Necromancer, Warmage, or Beguiler. When you select this feat, and again at every time you gain a warlock level, select two spells on the spell list of the class you chose. These spells may not be of a level higher than 1/2 your warlock class level. A number of times per day equal to 1+ your charisma modifier, you may cast one spell from your list of spells known. You must have an intelligence score equal to or greater than 10+ the spell's level to cast the spell. Save DCs from the spells are calculated using your charisma modifier as their casting stat. After using this feat, you may not use your Eldritch blast for a number of rounds equal to 1/3 the spell's level (Rounded up). If, for some reason, you cannot use your Eldritch Blast, you may not cast spells using this feat. You may not cast a number of spells whose total spell level exceeds your warlock level in one day. Level 0 spells count as level 1/2 spells for this purpose. You do not count as being able to cast spells by means of this feat.
    Seems good, but it's a little early. Perhaps that's not an issue though...

Pact Ward: At 6th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, a warlock may gain one of the abilities from the following list. The effects stack.
    • Damage Reduction: The warlock gains damage reduction 2/cold iron, or existing damage reduction increases by 3.
    • Energy Resistance: The warlock gains energy resistance 10 to one chosen element, or existing energy resistance increases by 15.
    • Fast Healing: The warlock gains fast healing 1, or existing fast healing increases by 2. This cannot bring a warlock above half health.
    • Spell Resistance: The warlock gains spell resistance equal to 9+ it's class levels, or it's existing spell resistance increases by 3.
    Hmm. Interesting. I like it in general.

Eldritch Enhancement: As the warlock gains levels, they gain additional invocations to their standard invocations known, as shown on the table above. The Eldritch Enhancement invocations may only be used to obtain blast shape or eldritch essence invocations.
    Good, good. That's a lot of Invocations, to be honest. Total of 18 is a quite a few, but then, there's a good number of them, so perhaps that's less of an issue.

Pact blessing: At fourth level, and every 6 levels thereafter, the warlock gains a Pact blessing from the list below. The abilities stack unless otherwise noted.
    The description is wrong. It's 7th level, and every 5 thereafter, as per your table. Might want to correct that.

• Frightful Presence: Whenever the warlock attacks, all foes within 60ft must make a will save (DC = 10+1/2 warlock level+cha modifier) or be shaken for 2d6 rounds. If they successfully save, they are immune to additional uses of this power for 24 hours. This ability may not be selected more than once.
    • Unholy Speed: The warlock's base land increases by 10ft. This ability may be selected multiple times. The effects stack.
    • Unnatural Power: The warlock deals an additional point of damage per die of damage their eldritch blast does.
    • Inhuman Accuracy: The warlock gains a +2 bonus on all ranged attack rolls.
    • See Beyond Sight: The warlock gains blindsense 30ft. If they already have blindsense, they gain blindsight out to 15ft, or the range of their blindsight increases by 15ft, and their blindsense extends out an additional 15ft.
    Ok, a few thoughts. First, I'd like to see a line saying "Unless otherwise stated, no ability may be selected multiple times." Second, Frightful needs the line "Save or fail, this ability may only affect a creature once every 24-hours." Otherwise, it's kinda overly good, since you can fear-lock people with it. Beyond those two nitpicks, it looks good.

Offer Pact: At 14th level, you gain the ability to offer others the powers you have now, but at a price. Once per month in a minute-long ritual, you may create a deal with another willing, sentient being, offering dark powers in exchange for their life energy. Once this pact is made, you lose access to one invocation of your choice, and the being you make the pact with gains one least invocation of their choice. However, there is a cost: The constitution of the creature you make the pact with will decrease by 2. As long as the creature is alive, you gain a +2 bonus to constitution. You may only have 3 active pacts at a time.
    This... doesn't make a lot of sense to me, actually. I need some fluff anchor here. Remember, planar connections, demons/devils/whatevers don't exist in any meaningful fashion in Z-R. Warlocks in Z-R were originally envisioned as people that tapped into their souls, much like a Sorcerer does, but instead of finding spells, they found slightly different powers there. They're kin to Sorcerers in Z-R, and are more alike to arcanists than they are to Binders (since in standard fluff, Warlocks are like the second cousin of the Binder).

Dark Ascension: At 20th level, you have amassed enough power to become immortal, claiming the full benefit of your pact. You become an outsider, with the (Native) subtype. In addition, you may have a number of pacts at any one time equal to your Charisma modifier.
    Dark Ascension needs to lose the Outsider type. Let's make that Aberration for now, it fits better. Outsider is a type that doesn't have a lot of place in Z-R, honestly. I'm still playing with it as a type. I may have to replace it with something else fitting.

Overall, the fix looks good. I generally like it. Tell you what, make the few suggested changes, then open a new thread about it and see what the community at large thinks about it as a minor power buff from T4 to T3. Get their feedback, and we'll come back at it then.

Ooo, that picture is awesome!
    I'll use that pic, then.

Well, presumably the Hurd would be willing to get commoners who were of a higher level, or high level warriors, but they don't really get that many martial weapons, so it seemed sort of fitting. I could remove it if necessary.
    The Hurd take any Khavghotani willing to join and able to hold their own. This ranges from random goblins to ibixian swordsaints, it really varies. The proficiency is fine, I was just curious about it was all.

Yes. I could have said total hit points minus current hit point total, which would make more sense.
    Too much math. Just say "this encounter" and be done with it.

Yes. I guess I could make it a swift action, and it activates on the next attack, because wording it otherwise would be a pain in the butt.
    Ok, try this then. Instead of:
    Execute (Ex): Starting at fifth level, the Devoted of the Hurd may, as a full round action, treat a single opponent as if they were at 25% of their total hit points for a single attack.
    Let's go with:
    Execute (Ex): At fifth level, a Devoted of the Hurd may make a single melee attack as a full round action. This attack treats the target as though they were at 25% of their total hit points for purposes of any class features, spells, feats, or items that would care about such.
    I added the melee bit because I just can't see a Devoted of the Hurd really bothering with ranged attacks, and doubly not this ability.

[Edit]: Also, the Hurd remind me vaguely of the write up for the Barbarian remake that I did. Found here.
    Somewhat, yeah. I can see that.

Also! The Armory is still up (and no comments, I'm a saaaaaad panda ). I plan to hack away at the Khavghotani items I've got laid out and hopefully will get them out the door today.

8. - Top - End - #68

Ok, looks interesting. Lots of abilities. Only concern at the moment is that EB is an attack action, which gets pretty silly at higher levels, when your base damage is like 5d6 or whatever. I'd prefer that remain a standard, with perhaps a class feature later in the class that makes it an attack action instead, thus rewarding long-term Warlocks and preventing dips with Cleric for Zen Archery or whatever.
    Alright, fixed. Also, plese edit the text of Channeler of Divine Might to allow you to take an additional attack in a turn (incurring an additional -1 penalty to all attack rolls), but on the next round, you may not use your Eldritch Blast.
    Seems good, but it's a little early. Perhaps that's not an issue though...
    It gives 2 first level spells, and is a major class feature. It seemed fitting.

This... doesn't make a lot of sense to me, actually. I need some fluff anchor here. Remember, planar connections, demons/devils/whatevers don't exist in any meaningful fashion in Z-R. Warlocks in Z-R were originally envisioned as people that tapped into their souls, much like a Sorcerer does, but instead of finding spells, they found slightly different powers there. They're kin to Sorcerers in Z-R, and are more alike to arcanists than they are to Binders (since in standard fluff, Warlocks are like the second cousin of the Binder).
    Ah, I was going with standard warlock fluff. I though that it might have been that they originally given power from some dark source, perhaps the same one as the Shadows did, but over time, they developed the power to spread it to others. Alternatively, some Divine warlocks channel the might of their deities, and can grant others their gift.

Dark Ascension needs to lose the Outsider type. Let's make that Aberration for now, it fits better. Outsider is a type that doesn't have a lot of place in Z-R, honestly. I'm still playing with it as a type. I may have to replace it with something else fitting.
    Actually, I'm going to keep the outsider type, since it fits the description of what they become. Regardless of how often the type is used in the setting, it describes immortal beings who live on magic and do not need mortal sustenance to live. I'm keeping it, regardless of whether or not anything else has it in the setting. It would make them unique.
    Overall, the fix looks good. I generally like it. Tell you what, make the few suggested changes, then open a new thread about it and see what the community at large thinks about it as a minor power buff from T4 to T3. Get their feedback, and we'll come back at it then.
    Alright, then.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, fixed. Also, plese edit the text of Channeler of Divine Might to allow you to take an additional attack in a turn (incurring an additional -1 penalty to all attack rolls), but on the next round, you may not use your Eldritch Blast.
    Say what? What do you want me to edit it to? Just post what you want there, and I'll change it appropriately.

It gives 2 first level spells, and is a major class feature. It seemed fitting.
    Yeah, it's fine. I was just having a stream-of-consciousness moment there (I have a lot of those).

Ah, I was going with standard warlock fluff. I though that it might have been that they originally given power from some dark source, perhaps the same one as the Shadows did, but over time, they developed the power to spread it to others. Alternatively, some Divine warlocks channel the might of their deities, and can grant others their gift.
    I figured as much, which is why I said something about it. But, ok, fluff is mutable, it can wait.

Actually, I'm going to keep the outsider type, since it fits the description of what they become. Regardless of how often the type is used in the setting, it describes immortal beings who live on magic and do not need mortal sustenance to live. I'm keeping it, regardless of whether or not anything else has it in the setting. It would make them unique.
    Except that the designer is sitting here telling you it doesn't fit and needs to change. This isn't like modifying standard 3.5, where the designer is some guy 2000 miles and 10 years away from you and you can just flip the bird to (I do that a lot, actually; he's a **** anyways). The designer is currently sitting in a Panera in Ohio, having a bagel (well, ok, I had a bagel; twas delicious), and typing at you. Hell, you could call me (you know, in theory) and we could have a wonderful discussion of the issue at hand. That's not gonna happen (unless you happen to live in Columbus, Ohio... you don't... do you? ), but it could, is the point.

As for the type, that role is now filled by Eldritch. Outsider is for, and I quote the SRD here, "An outsider is at least partially composed of the essence (but not necessarily the material) of some plane other than the Material Plane." Since planar shenananananagins no longer apply to Z-R, neither does Outsider. Can't have the essence of something that you don't even know exists and may as well not.

I do think it should get something. Outsider doesn't work, for a lot of reasons (SRD included). I would say Eldritch, but Eldritch is kinda loloverpowered. Hmm. I'll think about this further. I've been chewing on a "low Eldritch" type to replace Outsider entirely (since Outsider exists for planar creatures, which *do* exist, just not in Z-R's star system). Like I said, this is something I've got to muse on for awhile. For now, just leave it, I guess.

If I was to present a "low Eldritch" (real name pending) that was for creatures that are partially mortal and partially not, would that be an acceptable change? It'd basically be for everything that currently has Outsider but isn't actually planar (since 3.5 was stupid with its typing in a lot of cases).

10. - Top - End - #70

If I was to present a "low Eldritch" (real name pending) that was for creatures that are partially mortal and partially not, would that be an acceptable change? It'd basically be for everything that currently has Outsider but isn't actually planar (since 3.5 was stupid with its typing in a lot of cases).
    Of course. It would actually fit a bit better, IMO. They transcend mortality, but they still maintain a bit of it. Possible name for the type: Ascended.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Of course. It would actually fit a bit better, IMO. They transcend mortality, but they still maintain a bit of it. Possible name for the type: Ascended.
    Hmm. Potentially. The role of this new Low Eldritch type is to both fill in for Outsider and as part of my continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before. to get some clearer definitions in 3.5.

For now, let's ignore the issue. We'll call the new type Low Eldritch for the moment and we'll come back to it in awhile.

12. - Top - End - #72

Channeler of Divine Might
    Your God is a warrior, one who will defend his nation to the death. As you follow his lead onto the battlefield, you gain the ability to channel his power beyond what less faithful souls can manage.
    Prerequisite:
    God-Child, Divine Blast +5d6, Double Blast, Must worship Hawkmoon and/or Donblas
    Benefit: When you spend a full-round action to make a Double Blast or a Triple Blast, you may add one additional attack with Eldritch Blast in that round. However, each attack in that round suffers an additional -2 penalty on the attack roll. When you use this ability, you may not use your Eldritch Blast or any invocations you know for one round.
    Fixed the feat to work with Double Blast.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2011-01-21 at 05:30 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Something that I currently haven't found anywhere; how exactly are the Trepek made? Is it not defined? If the latter, then I have a teeny-tiny suggestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reverse Polarity
    Level: Cleric 3, Wizard/Sorcerer 4
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: Immediate Action
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Targets: A spell, effect, or ability which deals negative or positive energy damage; see text
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

You reverse the polarity on a spell, effect or ability within range that deals negative energy or positive energy damage. This changes the damage from negative to positive, or positive to negative. It does not otherwise affect the spell in any way.

This effect must be used as the spell, effect, or ability is activated, used or cast, and not while it is in effect.

Now, imagine that a dragon, already insanely magical, uses this spell (which I also just happened to write for this idea, in case anyone wants to critique it. >_>), but empowered and with a large ritual in order to increase the effect, on some of the leftover shadow damage from the rift. It still wouldn't be enough to get rid of any large amount of energy, but every small addition helps. Because the spell were routed in a loop, feeding the shadow energy into the spell to become positive, the spell wouldn't have to be looked after, unless it were to be corrupted by the shadow energy. Now, you are getting rid of some shadow damage, and creating positive energy. But what do you do with this leftover positive energy? Well, you do need someone to watch the rift, as well as to be a large hub of life in the area in order to partially circumvent the need for adventurers to travel to the unexplored lands (seriously, you have to love genre-savvy dragons), all the while holding the positive energy, and giving it a place to reside in. What about a shell that could hold that positive energy? Why, it could be made out of just about anything. Metal even!

I think you see where this is going. I was writing up a feat that would allow the Trepek to shoot a blast of fire out of the positive energy (but first converted into fire damage upon entering the atmosphere) at enemies, and this idea came to me. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-01-21 at 05:39 PM.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Something that I currently haven't found anywhere; how exactly are the Trepek made? Is it not defined? If the latter, then I have a teeny-tiny suggestion.
    It is, I've made oblique reference to it a few times, but never really got around to mentioning it on a definitive scale. They are created via massive forges in the mountain chain that serves as Tharkrixghantix's wall against the rest of the world. The raw materials that create a trepek seem to be fairly high-grade steel, some wood that no one is able to figure out where it came from, a few gems and other misc materials, and a specific spell the dragons keep secret that imbues the products of the forge with life. The forges are actually not really forges as we understand them, instead basically giant furnaces that the materials are tossed into, and the resultant liquid poured into a trepek-shaped sand mold. When the sand mold is removed, a fully sentient, if entirely blank, trepek steps out. Since the sand mold is recast for every trepek and can be recast for specific modifications of trepek, no two trepek are identical, though many are pretty similar. How the mold, which is just their external features, manages to cast their internal structure perfectly every time is a mystery not even the trepek can figure out, since they don't perform the process itself.

From the mold, the new trepek is escorted by the Rectors to a dormitory where they learn what they are, how to use their unique functions, are given a name and a mission, and then set loose in Northwind City to live freely.

Trepek, by the by, do have a life-span. Their internal components begin to break down after about 100 years. This can be fought, though component replacement and other, more intrusive, methods, but no permanent solution has been found. When the trepek asked the Rectors (special three-limbed trepek that live in Tharkrixghantix and teach the young trepek) about this break down, the Rectors admitted to no knowledge of a fix, nor why it was necessary. When a trepek's internal structure begins to fail, they are faced with two choices. They can either fight the decay, and eventually permanently break down, or they can return their materials to the Rectors for recycling in the forges. Most trepek that have been faced with this choice have returned to the forges for recycling. Given that the race is 126 years old, that's not too many individuals. The forges, at top production capacity, can crank out a new trepek every 15 minutes, provided enough sand molds. They tend to run far far slower, producing a few trepek a week, each of which has a unique claw-sculpted sand mold. It's also worth noting that the forges can accept any number of materials in place of either the wood or the steel, and trepek of various materials have been reported from all over the world.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reverse Polarity
    Level: Cleric 3, Wizard/Sorcerer 4
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: Immediate Action
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Targets: A spell, effect, or ability which deals negative or positive energy damage; see text
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

You reverse the polarity on a spell, effect or ability within range that deals negative energy or positive energy damage. This changes the damage from negative to positive, or positive to negative. It does not otherwise affect the spell in any way.

This effect must be used as the spell, effect, or ability is activated, used or cast, and not while it is in effect.
    Seems... interesting. Given that it was made for something that I had never really thought about, I guess it's not super useful (though against Harm or Heal it could be funny).

Now, imagine that a dragon, already insanely magical, uses this spell (which I also just happened to write for this idea, in case anyone wants to critique it. >_>), but empowered and with a large ritual in order to increase the effect, on some of the leftover shadow damage from the rift. It still wouldn't be enough to get rid of any large amount of energy, but every small addition helps. Because the spell were routed in a loop, feeding the shadow energy into the spell to become positive, the spell wouldn't have to be looked after, unless it were to be corrupted by the shadow energy. Now, you are getting rid of some shadow damage, and creating positive energy. But what do you do with this leftover positive energy? Well, you do need someone to watch the rift, as well as to be a large hub of life in the area in order to partially circumvent the need for adventurers to travel to the unexplored lands (seriously, you have to love genre-savvy dragons), all the while holding the positive energy, and giving it a place to reside in. What about a shell that could hold that positive energy? Why, it could be made out of just about anything. Metal even!
    This is an interesting idea, and I actually like it. I think though, that it would serve a better purpose. The dragons could easily do this, but they use the energy to supplement their own research efforts to find a way to shut off the shadow energy in the first place, and a little of that energy ends up being the "fire" in the trepek forges. So, the trepek still have a mild connection to it, but not as much as you were thinking.

I think you see where this is going. I was writing up a feat that would allow the Trepek to shoot a blast of fire out of the positive energy (but first converted into fire damage upon entering the atmosphere) at enemies, and this idea came to me. Any thoughts?
    Ok, that feat needs to happen. Say it's a fluke of trepek creation in the forges, that some have the ability to throw fire at people. Why not, right? Don't forget to make it a 1st level feat though, due to it being a forge ability.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

*Trepek stuff.*
    I really like the trepek flavor you have, and that stuff that I have snipped sounds amazing-sauce.

Seems... interesting. Given that it was made for something that I had never really thought about, I guess it's not super useful (though against Harm or Heal it could be funny).
    Against necromancers, or healers, it can be pretty funny.

*Necromancer casts Inflict Greater Wounds and stares in horror while his undead melt away.*

This is an interesting idea, and I actually like it. I think though, that it would serve a better purpose. The dragons could easily do this, but they use the energy to supplement their own research efforts to find a way to shut off the shadow energy in the first place, and a little of that energy ends up being the "fire" in the trepek forges. So, the trepek still have a mild connection to it, but not as much as you were thinking.
    Cool. It didn't really matter much to me, either way.

Ok, that feat needs to happen. Say it's a fluke of trepek creation in the forges, that some have the ability to throw fire at people. Why not, right? Don't forget to make it a 1st level feat though, due to it being a forge ability.
    It was partially a fluke, but one of the other requirements was that the Trepek had to have Craft (metalworking), in order to forge their own body and allow the fire to shoot. I will post it up anyway.

Fires of the Eternal Forge
    You unlock the fire of your Spark, the thing that grants you life.
    Requirements: Trepek, Craft (Metalworking) 4 ranks
    Benefits: You may, once per encounter, shoot a blast of fire, taken from your Spark, as a ranged touch attack, dealing 1d6 fire damage per three Hit Dice you have (minimum 1d6), as a standard action. Enemies that take damage from this effect gain a spark of your essence, and naturally shy away from attacking you. They take a -1 penalty per three hit dice that you possess (minimum -1) to any attack, damage, or any save that they force you to make (E.G. a creature hit by your spark makes a melee attack against you, while you have 5 hit dice; he suffers a -2 penalty to the attack, a -2 penalty to the damage, and any effect that he creates that forces you to make a saving throw takes a -2 penalty.) The penalty to damage may not reduce the damage below 1 point of damage. This effect lasts 3 rounds.

I was thinking that if the Trepek were originally forged in fires of Positive energy, then there could probably be a feat that sent out a blast of fire that healed, instead of harming. The second part about the penalties was to give it a more useful bonus, it being a feat and only usable once per encounter.

Forged of Light
    In the Eternal Forge where you were made, the fires were powered by Positive energy. You have unlocked that energy within yourself, and use it too full effect.
    Requirements: Trepek, Fires of the Eternal Forge, Craft (Metalworking) 6 ranks
    Benefits: You may, once per encounter, shoot a blast of pure healing, as a ranged touch attack, healing for 1d6 damage per three hit die that you possess (minimum 1d6 healing), as a standard action. Allies healed by this effect gain a spark of your essence, and are bolstered in combat. They gain a +1 bonus per three hit die that you possess (minimum +1) to any attack, or damage roll, or any save DC that they impose upon an enemy. This effect lasts for 3 rounds.

And another feat!

Fires of the Core
    You unlock the fires that naturally burn in your core, that grant you life, and that powers your actions, in order to destroy your enemies.
    Requirements: Trepek, Fires of the Eternal Forge, Craft (Metalworking) 9 ranks
    Benefits: You may, once per day, shoot a wave of fire as a full round action, dealing 1d6 fire damage per two hit die you possess (minimum 1d6) to all enemies in a 60 foot cone in front of you.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-01-21 at 07:52 PM.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

I really like the trepek flavor you have, and that stuff that I have snipped sounds amazing-sauce.
    Haha, I just need more time, and there'd be stuff like that constantly.

Against necromancers, or healers, it can be pretty funny.

*Necromancer casts Inflict Greater Wounds and stares in horror while his undead melt away.*
    Yeah, it would be. Where do you think would come up with such a spell naturally? I'm betting the Orlyndolians would invent such a thing before anyone else.

Fires of the Eternal Forge
    You unlock the fire of your Spark, the thing that grants you life.
    Requirements: Trepek, Craft (Metalworking) 4 ranks
    Benefits: You may, once per encounter, shoot a blast of fire, taken from your Spark, as a ranged touch attack, dealing 1d6 fire damage per three Hit Dice you have (minimum 1d6), as a standard action. Enemies that take damage from this effect gain a spark of your essence, and naturally shy away from attacking you. They take a -1 penalty per three hit dice that you possess (minimum -1) to any attack, damage, or any save that they force you to make (E.G. a creature hit by your spark makes a melee attack against you, while you have 5 hit dice; he suffers a -2 penalty to the attack, a -2 penalty to the damage, and any effect that he creates that forces you to make a saving throw takes a -2 penalty.) The penalty to damage may not reduce the damage below 1 point of damage. This effect lasts 3 rounds.
    Curious. Easier to say that they take a penalty equal to the number of dice you dealt in the attack.

Forged of Light
    In the Eternal Forge where you were made, the fires were powered by Positive energy. You have unlocked that energy within yourself, and use it too full effect.
    Requirements: Trepek, Fires of the Eternal Forge, Craft (Metalworking) 6 ranks
    Benefits: You may, once per encounter, shoot a blast of pure healing, as a ranged touch attack, healing for 1d6 damage per three hit die that you possess (minimum 1d6 healing), as a standard action. Allies healed by this effect gain a spark of your essence, and are bolstered in combat. They gain a +1 bonus per three hit die that you possess (minimum +1) to any attack, or damage roll, or any save DC that they impose upon an enemy. This effect lasts for 3 rounds.
    So, basically the inverse of the first feat.

Fires of the Heart
    You unlock the fires that naturally burn in your heart, that grant you life, and that powers your actions, in order to destroy your enemies.
    Requirements: Trepek, Fires of the Eternal Forge, Craft (Metalworking) 9 ranks
    Benefits: You may, once per day, shoot a wave of fire as a full round action, dealing 1d6 fire damage per two hit die you possess (minimum 1d6) to all enemies in a 60 foot cone in front of you.
    Trepek don't have "hearts". They have a core (their "chest" region, I guess). Better to use the proper terminology. Also, the feat seems fine. Kinda weak, but fine I guess.

17. - Top - End - #77

And now I'm looking forward to Trepek regional feats...
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, I just need more time, and there'd be stuff like that constantly.
    Great.

Yeah, it would be. Where do you think would come up with such a spell naturally? I'm betting the Orlyndolians would invent such a thing before anyone else.
    Probably. Or those most capable of using Positive or Negative energy; I.E. the dragons or the Intolians. The Orlyndolians seem like they have the greatest overall magical theory and application as knowledge.

Curious. Easier to say that they take a penalty equal to the number of dice you dealt in the attack.
    Good point.

So, basically the inverse of the first feat.
    Essentially. Do you have a problem with this, or do you have a suggestion to make it more interesting?

Trepek don't have "hearts". They have a core (their "chest" region, I guess). Better to use the proper terminology. Also, the feat seems fine. Kinda weak, but fine I guess.
    Any way to make it more useful?

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

And now I'm looking forward to Trepek regional feats...
    Me too.

Great.
    Really, if I had around three months of no other pressures, no class, nothing, Z-R would be like three books long and in stores. Since that's not gonna happen, I'm all .

Probably. Or those most capable of using Positive or Negative energy; I.E. the dragons or the Intolians. The Orlyndolians seem like they have the greatest overall magical theory and application as knowledge.
    Interestingly enough, negative energy is really more the purview of the kobolds and the Khavghotani shamans. The Intolians tend towards your fairly standard battle magic, ie. explosions and whatnot. The Orlyndolians really are the biggest on magical theory though.

Essentially. Do you have a problem with this, or do you have a suggestion to make it more interesting?
    No, no concerns.

Any way to make it more useful?
    Honestly, not really. I'm not really feeling it as a feat though, more as a trepek component than anything else.

Also, gembombs, imbued potions, and sticksteel have all been posted under Items of Khavghotan.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Really, if I had around three months of no other pressures, no class, nothing, Z-R would be like three books long and in stores. Since that's not gonna happen, I'm all .
    And I'm all .

Interestingly enough, negative energy is really more the purview of the kobolds and the Khavghotani shamans. The Intolians tend towards your fairly standard battle magic, ie. explosions and whatnot. The Orlyndolians really are the biggest on magical theory though.
    Ah. The Intolians seemed like they were more "positive energy, woo!" people than anyone else, but hey, who knows. You.

Honestly, not really. I'm not really feeling it as a feat though, more as a trepek component than anything else.
    Seems fair. I am not really good with components, unfortunately.

Also, gembombs, imbued potions, and sticksteel have all been posted under Items of Khavghotan.
    Sticksteel is a pretty awesome. I can imagine some rebuilding their houses every day with the Sticksteel.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-01-21 at 09:52 PM.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

...So, Sticksteel is a deconstructable, mobile defensive structure that is somewhat cheap (500gp for a 5ft by 5ft wall, 4 inches thick) and very easy to use, and can be easily reformed into a new shape, causing small adamantine strongholds to appear all over Khavghotani battlefields, before packing up and moving to the next location. I love it! And now I have reason to bring legos to my D&D games, too.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2011-01-21 at 10:27 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. The Intolians seemed like they were more "positive energy, woo!" people than anyone else, but hey, who knows. You.
    Indeed, I do.

Seems fair. I am not really good with components, unfortunately.
    Only one way to improve.

Sticksteel is a pretty awesome. I can imagine some rebuilding their houses every day with the Sticksteel.
    That'd... be time consuming. And expensive. At 5 koals a piece, sticksteel bricks aren't so cheap that your average Khavghotani can make houses out of it. It's great for strongrooms though, since a paste exists that can permanently seal sticksteel bricks together (it's a paste that, when applied to a sticksteel brick and another one is attached, functions to flash heat and weld them together; it's expensive though).

Sticksteel is mostly used for portable fortifications on the warfront against Intolar (sticksteel is tough enough to prevent impeller rounds from piercing it, making it a great wall).

Also, the Kobold's updated stats are below (and in the main racial post):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kobold:
    -+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Str, -2 Con, -4 Cha. Kobolds are lithe and brilliant, but frail, physically weak, and socially stunted.
    -Small size.
    -Kobolds are Monstrous Humanoids with the (Goblinoid) subtype.
    -Spell Affinity: Kobolds are masters of both death and fire magic, and as such gain a +1 racial caster level bonus on all necromancy and fire spells. As a result of this specialty, they suffer a -1 racial caster level bonus on illusion and cold spells.
    -Kobolds gain the ability to cast create darkflame once per day. (See the Spells of Khavghotan section for details).
    -Kobolds gain a +4 racial bonus to Stealthy and Survival checks. Living in cramped underground warrens has forced them to learn to adapt to anything.
    -Xenophobia: Kobolds suffer from severe xenophobia, and so gain a -10 racial bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks. However, because of their maddening culture, they gain a +2 racial bonus to Sense Motive checks.
    -Kobolds have Darkvision 60 ft.
    -LA +0

...So, Sticksteel is a deconstructable, mobile defensive structure that is somewhat cheap (500gp for a 5ft by 5ft wall, 4 inches thick) and very easy to use, and can be easily reformed into a new shape, causing small adamantine strongholds to appear all over Kavghotten battlefields, before packing up and moving to the next location. I love it! And now I have reason to bring legos to my D&D games, too.
    1. Yes, that's about it. Remember though, you can only make shapes you could make with 4x1 legos, which is actually not quite as much as you might think. It's also somewhat time consuming.
    2. "Kavghotten". Why do you make me cry, DM?
    Last edited by arguskos; 2011-01-21 at 10:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Only one way to improve.
    Yeah, except that I have no idea how to format, make or balance Components.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, except that I have no idea how to format, make or balance Components.
    Just like Warforged Components, but for Trepek. There's more details here, the actual first thread for the trepek, once called the silentium.

25. - Top - End - #85

1. Yes, that's about it. Remember though, you can only make shapes you could make with 4x1 legos, which is actually not quite as much as you might think. It's also somewhat time consuming.
    2. "Kavghotten". Why do you make me cry, DM?
    1. I have a very good idea of what you can make with 4x1 legos, as I spent most of my childhood playing with them (all the bigger kids took the larger pieces, so I was left with the smaller ones. You learn to improvise). You can really make alot.

2. Because you haven't mentioned it in a long time?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

So, like:

Spoiler
    Show
    Core of Flame:
    This component allows the Trepek to shoot a jet of flame, dealing fire damage to enemies in a cone, activated as a Standard action, once per encounter. It is located on the Trepek ventral.
    Lesser: The component deals 1d6 fire damage per four Hit Dice to all enemies in a 60 foot cone.
    Price: 500 gp.

Greater: The component deals 1d6 fire damage per two Hit Dice to all enemies in a 60 foot cone.
    Price: 1000 gp.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-01-21 at 10:51 PM.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

1. I have a very good idea of what you can make with 4x1 legos, as I spent most of my childhood playing with them (all the bigger kids took the larger pieces, so I was left with the smaller ones. You learn to improvise). You can really make alot.
    I remember being able to make a lot (), but not as much as one could with more diverse set ups, especially the 4x2 and 2x2s.

2. Because you haven't mentioned it in a long time?
    I was referring to the butchered spelling. But yeah, I haven't mentioned the Khavghotan/Intolar war in awhile, mostly because we've been looking at Xortal, the Edge, and Alykandor quite a bit recently.

EDIT: Yeah, uno, that looks pretty reasonable as a component, fairly minor but also cheap, good combination. Did you mean to put it in the ventral? Trepek have 8 slots for components: one in each arm, the ventral, the dorsal, and the eye.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2011-01-21 at 10:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: Yeah, uno, that looks pretty reasonable as a component, fairly minor but also cheap, good combination. Did you mean to put it in the ventral? Trepek have 8 slots for components: one in each arm, the ventral, the dorsal, and the eye.
    Yeah, I didn't really know how to denote location on the Trepek body. Just say in the initial description?

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I didn't really know how to denote location on the Trepek body. Just say in the initial description?
    I tend to say somewhere in the description where the item goes. For example, this existing component that I completely forgot existed (and is kinda what you're looking at anyways):
    Spoiler
    Show

-Flamer: Much like the liquid tank, the flamer component adds a tank and hose to a trepek. However, the difference here is that the flamer's tank can only hold a special type of fuel that, when sprayed through the hose as a standard action, bursts into a cone of flame 30 ft long, dealing 5d6 fire damage (Ref DC 10+1/2 HD+Con mod for half). The tank is refilled through a hatch on the dorsal side of the trepek, and holds enough fuel for 5 shots. Refilling the tank is a full-round action and can be done by the trepek assuming it is not holding anything.

Cost: 1,000 gp. Full Tank Worth of Fuel Cost: 250 gp

Components are items, so treat them as trepek-specific items, I guess. All currently existing components are posted, by the by, both in the linked thread and in this one (Items of Northwind, item post two, post #19).

30. - Top - End - #90

I remember being able to make a lot (), but not as much as one could with more diverse set ups, especially the 4x2 and 2x2s.
    No, I made giant dog-creatures often. No, I'm not even joking. But the 4x1s definitely make for the most versatility in fort-building. More so than the 4x2s had, anyways. While a mix is good, you could make a killer fort with just 4x1s, as you could quite easily create small holes that were difficult to penetrate, but easy to strike out from. By adding a layering effect, with a small rooftop area protruding above troop entrances, troops stationed below would get cover from enemy fire and snipers, while the open-topped structure with the high walls could easily fire off a volley or two. While this left them easier to attack, they could pick off a huge number of enemy troops in front of them, and in the setting, the walls surrounding the volley landing would be very well warded against enemy fire, except by troops in the Death Sentence. However, a prepared archer could ready a flaming arrow to take care of that. Troops within the layers, preferable behind small turrets, could act as snipers for the Khavghotan troops. However, with less pieces, you could still make a mean hemisphere granting total concealment, while allowing archers to fire out, and defenses against melee assaults. However, there probably would eventually be 4x2s, as the brick-fusing technology and the warlock invocation that could mimic that.

Also,when you said no dragons in the setting, does that also mean no wyverns or wyvern-riders?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show