New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [3.5e Bloodline] Kitten-Friend (PEACH)

Didn't you hear? I'm making bloodlines for EVERYTHING. This one is based off of Bhu's Cat Fans Unite. Apologies if this makes you think any less of me.

Kitten-Friend

Catburglers master the art of turning into a cat to fool and con people for personal gain. And then there are some people that are just born with the talent. No one knows how, or why. A couple of individuals make accusations that the Wizards are up to something, like with that nasty Owlbear incident. All of these claims are groundless, of course.

Level
    Minor
    Intermediate
    Major
    1 Diplomacy +2
    2 Diplomacy +2 Purr, Kitty Form
    3 Charisma +1
    4 Diplomacy +2 Purr, Kitty Form Adorable
    5 Feline Affinity +2
    6 Charisma +1 Kitty Magic
    7 Bluff +2
    8 Purr, Kitty Form Adorable Enhanced Kitty Form
    9 Dexterity +1
    10 Feline Affinity +2 Feline Characteristics
    11 Feline Affinity +4
    12 Charisma +1 Kitty Magic Kitty Magic
    13 Jump +2
    14 Bluff +2 Too Cute to Die
    15 Constitution +1
    16 Adorable Enhanced Kitty Form Enhanced Kitty Form
    17 Feline Affinity +6
    18 Dexterity +1 Kitty Magic
    19 Move Silently +2
    20 Feline Affinity +2 Feline Characteristics You're a Kitty!

Purr: Kitten-Friends learn to speak the language of the felines just as Catburglers do. They gain the Purr ability, as per the Catburgler class feature of the same name.

Kitty Form: Kitten-Friends are born... weird. They have cat ears, eyes and a tail. Effectively they have the Katgrrl/Katboi Form without the rest of the benefits. They are however counted as being in Kitty Form for purpose of their Kitty Magic and other abilities. Additionally they may take the form of a tiny Cat for a number of minutes per day equal to 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength.

Adorable: They're just plain adorable. They double their Charisma modifier for purposes of Diplomacy, Bluff, Gather Information, and Perform checks.

Feline Affinity: They're cat people. They gain a bonus on all social interaction checks with felines of all kinds and have a Wild Empathy that applies only to felines. They gain a bonus on this check equal to their Feline Affinity.

Kitty Magic: There's something magical about the way that cats (and their cousins, the Kitten-Friends) can enchant people to do whatever they want them to. I'm not kidding. It's magic. The Kitten-Friend gains access to a single Kitty Magic that they qualify for. They are treated as a Catburgler of
    1/8, 1/4 or 1/2 their level, depending on bloodline strength.

Enhanced Kitty Form: Level up! The Kitten-Friend chooses an Enhanced Kitty Form that they qualify for. Just as with Kitty Magic they count as a Catburgler of 1/8, 1/4 or 1/2 their level for these qualifications.

Feline Characteristics: Over time the Kitten-Friend's feline side becomes more and more apparent. Their "normal" form now gains all the usual benefits of the Katgrrl/Katboi form.

Too Cute to Die: How can you kill something so darn lovable? Their cuteness gives them what seems to be a bonus to the amount of damage that they can take as enemies and the forces of nature unconsciously pull their blows. They base their HP off of their Charisma, not their Constitution as long as their Charisma is the higher of the two.

You're a Kitty!: The Kitten-Friend gains the ability to stun people with the sheer might of their adorable-ness. They gain the ability to cast Feeblemind once per day as a spell-like ability against a target that sees them. The save is Charisma based and the Caster Level is equal to the Kitten-Friend's level. The level of the spell is treated as 5 + the Kitten-Friend's Charisma modifier to a max of 9th for the purposes of determining DC, dispelling, overcoming Globes of Invulnerability and the like.

I'm not so sure about this one. Many of the Kitty Magics are quite powerful. I'm always cautious of At-Wills. But there wasn't much for me to do.

Oh well. That's the last one before I depart in an hour or so.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2014-05-04 at 08:22 PM.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5e Bloodline] Kitten-Friend (PEACH)

The Kittys! They are so adorable! Good job, Gareth!
    ~ Thanks to Crimmy for Richardtar ~

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

I don't know...I think you should add for Adorable certain excluded class skills. (No matter how much you Nyan at the wand, it's not going to make UMD checks any easier)

Suggested skill checks that Adorable should not apply to: Intimidate, Use Magic Device, Use Psionic Device, Disguise (If anything the ears and tail should make it harder)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

"Your a Kitty!" reducing charisma seems counter-intuitive to me. Perhaps it should only effect Intelligence, but also be heightened a few levels for increased DC and Globe of Invulnerability piercing...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    I don't know...I think you should add for Adorable certain excluded class skills. (No matter how much you Nyan at the wand, it's not going to make UMD checks any easier)

Suggested skill checks that Adorable should not apply to: Intimidate, Use Magic Device, Use Psionic Device, Disguise (If anything the ears and tail should make it harder)
    Easier to just list the ones that it does apply to. Which is what I've done.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    "Your a Kitty!" reducing charisma seems counter-intuitive to me. Perhaps it should only effect Intelligence, but also be heightened a few levels for increased DC and Globe of Invulnerability piercing...
    Hmm. Well the idea is to make them completely dumbfounded. Which certainly is what Feeblemind does. Though at that point the DC and level could be a problem... I've got an idea for a fix.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    It should also be sight-based. I don't think a creature that can't see how adorable she is would be reduced to a drooling idiot simply because she willed it.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    Easier to just list the ones that it does apply to. Which is what I've done.
    Er, well...I think Gather Information would be applicable as well. She's just so cute that people want to tell her whatever she asks.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

It should also be sight-based. I don't think a creature that can't see how adorable she is would be reduced to a drooling idiot simply because she willed it.
    There, how's that? Even if they're not a Sorcerer, they'll likely have a charisma modifier of at least +1 which would be enough to circumvent Globe of Invulnerability as well as having a more significant DC. Hmm. Then again, if they were a sorcerer, that may be a bit too powerful. Hmm.

Er, well...I think Gather Information would be applicable as well. She's just so cute that people want to tell her whatever she asks.
    Woopsie. Missed that one. Added.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2011-07-17 at 02:47 PM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

There, how's that? Even if they're not a Sorcerer, they'll likely have a charisma modifier of at least +1 which would be enough to circumvent Globe of Invulnerability as well as having a more significant DC. Hmm. Then again, if they were a sorcerer, that may be a bit too powerful. Hmm.
    You uh...might want to add a maximum spell level there, Welknair. Maybe 9th level, so it doesn't get into Epic DCs?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

You uh...might want to add a maximum spell level there, Welknair. Maybe 9th level, so it doesn't get into Epic DCs?
    Yeah. Was thinking the same thing. Gets a bit scary once you get up there.

Now I'm stuck with the image of one desperately trying to get it to apply to Intimidate. It's hilarious and adorable. But not very scary.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2011-07-17 at 02:59 PM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

This one is based off of Bhu's Cat Fans Unite. Apologies if this makes you think any less of me.
    Dude, I'm in a game Bhu is running as a playtest for his stuff. Why would I think less of you for this? Also, This thread was just mentioned in said games OOC section.

Also, you have captured cat burglar in bloodline form quite well. Good job, I was not expecting this.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jojolagger View Post
    Dude, I'm in a game Bhu is running as a playtest for his stuff. Why would I think less of you for this? Also, This thread was just mentioned in said games OOC section.

Also, you have captured cat burglar in bloodline form quite well. Good job, I was not expecting this.
    Why thank you! I'm curious as to what's being, would you mind posting a link to the aforementioned OOC?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

First off, I love this thread, as with anything that is in any way, shape, or form related to Bhu's Catburglar or associated prestige classes (!!!!!!)

As for save DCs for some of the abilities (most noticeably, the "You're a Kitty!!"), why not simply go with the standard monster-ability save DC? 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier? That saves you from doing a trickier calculation with a cap, and prevents Charisma from double-contributing (or double subtracting, should it for some reason be low) to the save DC.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

14. - Top - End - #14

Why thank you! I'm curious as to what's being, would you mind posting a link to the aforementioned OOC?
    Right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    As for save DCs for some of the abilities (most noticeably, the "You're a Kitty!!"), why not simply go with the standard monster-ability save DC? 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier? That saves you from doing a trickier calculation with a cap, and prevents Charisma from double-contributing (or double subtracting, should it for some reason be low) to the save DC.
    Because HD don't determine how cute the kitty is.
    Honestly, the current system works, isn't that difficult to use, and fits the fluff better.