New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    Talking is not a free action, but you get 50 Oxygen Coins (tm) per round, each of which can be freely used on talking, singing or whistling. No vocalizing.
    Talking uses up 5.876912... Oxygen coins per paragraph/level, with a higher level allowing for more talking at the same oxygen coin cost.

Albia is approximately level [unprintable rune], and so can speak for a minimum of 3 pages without having to worry about the ill effects of the possession coming into effect on poor Thropemite
    So... what level this guy has? It's obviously epic.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    So... what level this guy has? It's obviously epic.
    Yes.

Whoa, what?
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

And the Foglios leave us on a massive cliffhanger for more Ivo Sharktooth, it seems. I mean, mostly not complaining, Sharktooth is an entertaining character, but would like it if they at least finished the current main subplot before introducing him.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    And the Foglios leave us on a massive cliffhanger for more Ivo Sharktooth, it seems. I mean, mostly not complaining, Sharktooth is an entertaining character, but would like it if they at least finished the current main subplot before introducing him.
    It's a one-off poster because they're off at some convention.

5. - Top - End - #305

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    It's a one-off poster because they're off at some convention.
    It is? OK, ignore me, then.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    You know Albia if the possession is unhealthy for Ms. Thorpe you could just skip the exposition and do whatever you came to do as quickly as possible spare one sentence to tell everyone that they need to talk then release her to minimize damage.
    Asking a Spark to not monologue is like asking gravity to go sideways for a bit.

7. - Top - End - #307

That was my first reaction too. I'd love to see Ivo come back, but only after Lucrezia's out of Agatha's head. If it's only one day for a con post, though, then all is good.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

That's a relief to me as well.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Asking a Spark to not monologue is like asking gravity to go sideways for a bit.
    Or, in the words of an Heterodyne :
    ‘‘Child’s play’’.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

10. - Top - End - #310

MindFlayer

I saw the Foglio clan in Dublin about a week ago, but I don't know where they are now

And that gurl has no mouth. How can she cry Jaeger?

11. - Top - End - #311

The comments under the strips are gone, but they generally list what convention they're going to be at next.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

I suspect this might be a detour into a side story. Over the years we've seen this before. Phil's Muse strikes him and he hares off for a few weeks on something completely unrelated. Heck of a time for it to happen though.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Or, in the words of an Heterodyne :
    ‘‘Child’s play’’.
    "With gravity slain, we can fly!"

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

-Squire Doodad

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Dis gon b gud.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

The plot thickens, yet again.

16. - Top - End - #316

Suppose Lucy looked into the future and saw death and destruction to point where perhaps human race is wiped out. Othar's twitter we had glimpse of such a world then future Tarvek sent Othar back in time, had advanced to sparks making nuclear weapons.

Seeing such a future, Lucy might think of herself as a hero in trying to prevent it. Though at same time like Klaus she may end up causing what she tries to prevent.

17. - Top - End - #317

Beholder

Ah, time for a good old motive rant. Always fond of these for some reason.

I doubt Lucy has a nice motivation. I expect it to be something dumbly self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

18. - Top - End - #318

BlackDragon

I'm still wondering if the Lucy in Agatha's head is the one who has lived throughout time, or if that's something she will be doing in the future...

19. - Top - End - #319

My theory is that lucy screwed up. She was actually stuck in time, traveling at semi random, but always trying to figure out a way back. Her freakout over the mockery gil/baron made of her desire for cake was a good example. She has clearly been having a rough time for far longer than anyone was aware. But this whole time thing is so complicated I have no idea how it is going to finally get explained.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah, something happened to Lu, and at least part it involves some time travel. She says in the rant that someone was supposed to come and save her but didn't. She even blamed Klaus for not rescuing her, totally ignoring the fact she had shipped him off to Skif. Must be very nice to have such a selective memory like that. Oh wait, that's narcissism. And while there has been some random time travel, there is also so clearly controlled travel as Lu deliberately targeted the God Queens to assassinate them. I think we can say that Lu was probably the one responsible for the God Queen of Skif being killed.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

21. - Top - End - #321
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    She even blamed Klaus for not rescuing her, totally ignoring the fact she had shipped him off to Skif.

To be fair, he might actually have been in a position to save her when she got stuck. That's the problem with time travel shenanigans... it's really hard to say how much of the timeline the Agatha Lucretia that we know has experienced.

22. - Top - End - #322

Or it may be that she has never truly been on her own and always had someone to fall back on at need and this time, whatever happened, cut her off completely and nobody was aware it happened so nobody who might have tried to find her actually did. But yeah, being cut off from everything she ever relied on and being forced to rely only on herself to get out must have been a huge shock as she strikes me in the flashback with klaus, as the spoiled princess type. She is used to using other people to accomplish her goals and boom, all of that support was gone.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, the knowledge that came from Lucrezia when Agatha let loose the Muse of Time...
    It was Lucrezia letting her do another step in the timeline. Muse-Lucrezia is probably from an earlier point than Agatha-Lucrezia, so Agatha-Lucrezia would recognize the situation and play her part.

-Squire Doodad

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Or it may be that she has never truly been on her own and always had someone to fall back on at need and this time, whatever happened, cut her off completely and nobody was aware it happened so nobody who might have tried to find her actually did. But yeah, being cut off from everything she ever relied on and being forced to rely only on herself to get out must have been a huge shock as she strikes me in the flashback with klaus, as the spoiled princess type. She is used to using other people to accomplish her goals and boom, all of that support was gone.
    Here comes also an interesting question: what happened to Bill Heterodyne? The last thing we know is that the Heterodyne brothers took Agatha from geisterdamen. After that we only see Barry as he takes care of Agatha and then he also vanishes for some reason. Whatever they did to stop the Other also made them at least think they need to stay hidden. For some reason they were also convinced that Klaus is either the Other or her follower.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

25. - Top - End - #325

PirateCaptain

Here comes also an interesting question: what happened to Bill Heterodyne? The last thing we know is that the Heterodyne brothers took Agatha from geisterdamen. After that we only see Barry as he takes care of Agatha and then he also vanishes for some reason. Whatever they did to stop the Other also made them at least think they need to stay hidden. For some reason they were also convinced that Klaus is either the Other or her follower.
    During the last confirmed sighting of Bill Heterodyne he was borderline insane. Who's to say he ever recovered? Maybe every subsequent appearance of "The Heterodyn Boys" in the Other War was just Barry, and people assumed that Bill was around somewhere.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    During the last confirmed sighting of Bill Heterodyne he was borderline insane. Who's to say he ever recovered? Maybe every subsequent appearance of "The Heterodyn Boys" in the Other War was just Barry, and people assumed that Bill was around somewhere.
    Given the standards for sanity around there, I'd imagine they got Bill to decent in a matter of weeks without zapping.

Also, they fought through the Other War...Bill probably would have some level of sanity to have done so.

-Squire Doodad

27. - Top - End - #327

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by gbs5009 View Post
    To be fair, he might actually have been in a position to save her when she got stuck. That's the problem with time travel shenanigans... it's really hard to say how much of the timeline the Agatha Lucretia that we know has experienced.
    If she knew she was Klaus' lover then she also ought to know what she did to him, unless she somehow got taken away in time and returned later in the middle of their relationship--which I suppose is possible, just seems unlikely.

28. - Top - End - #328

If she knew she was Klaus' lover then she also ought to know what she did to him, unless she somehow got taken away in time and returned later in the middle of their relationship--which I suppose is possible, just seems unlikely.
    Yeah but again, my impressions of her is, she was probably used to the standard situation. She plots a plot, the heterodynes stop her, she runs off shaking her fist declaring "next time gadget, next time!" And nothing really changes. Sort of like a sitcom show. This was the first time she dealt with real long term consequences without the plot armor protection she has been used to and its driven her a little mad, if in a different way from the spark. It doesnt matter if nobody was in a position to rescue her or even know she NEEDED rescuing. In her mind she cant believe everything went so wrong for so long and nobody saved her, she had to do it herself (and likely struggled going by how messed up she appeared in some of those images)

29. - Top - End - #329
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Since time travel is involved maybe he discerned that he couldn't save her until after she finished doing everything in the past that she had already done. Then he would work out what point in the future would have a Lucrezia that was far enough along her personal timeline to snatch back and show up then.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Ah, time for a good old motive rant. Always fond of these for some reason.

I doubt Lucy has a nice motivation. I expect it to be something dumbly self-centered.
    Oh, it probably will be. But hopefully it will be at least a little revelation for those of us who've been reading this thing for half our lives. :-)

(It's worth it. I don't mind - "last time they had hats" alone was a crowning moment of awesome. But I do like it when another piece falls into place.)