New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    No prob. Can't let those things get by without being as annoying as they are supposed to be.
    Yeah, although I should probably lower their HD a bit to compensate.

BTW, congratulations to Afroakuma for writing post #600. Wow, this thread really got away from me. I never realized 6 months ago that I would still be working on this, & that I'd be posting to an average of almost 3 times day.

And it's still not finished.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Yo, Zeta, I had a question about FFX that's been bugging me. I haven't quite finished the game yet, but through your research of the game's backstory, I figured you'd be able to answer it.

Anyway, do the people of Spira have abnormally large lung capacities, or is the water oxidized or something? 'Cause the characters are able to spend ridiculously long times underwater, and not just in gameplay (where I'd write it off as not important), but even in certain scenes *Warning Spoilers Below*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like where Tidus and Yuna were making out under water for a good 2-3 minutes.
    I may be mistaken, but the average breath holding time for humans is about 65 seconds. There is a reference in-game of blitzball players being able to sleep underwater even, but I've never really been sure.

It could have an impact in a d20 FFX game, like if a player wants to camp for the night underwater (and not be a hypello). Adding the water subtype while within blitzball stadiums was a good idea, but I'm not sure whether it would apply to the rest of Spira or not....
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2008-11-02 at 12:44 PM.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

Now, I've played FFX many times, I've played FFX-2 several times (getting 100% completion is a pain), & I own a copy of the Eternal Calm video. Now, as far as I can tell, Blitzball players go through training so that they can perform maneuvers while remaining underwater for long periods. Tidus, Wakka, & (for some reason) Rikku can remain underwater essentially indefinitely because they have been taught how to do so. Tidus was training Yuna on how to do this during the first game, apparently, because we see her practicing her breath-holding during the Eternal Calm video. She can only do 2 minutes & 41 seconds, but it's a start.

Now, Blitzball players seem to be able to do this in Blitzball spheres & in the ocean. Exactly how one learns to hold one's breath indefinitely is beyond me. I made it a rule here that any creature gains the [Water] subtype while within the sphere. As for in the ocean, I'd say it'd be too powerful to allow Blitzers to breathe water, so I would just leave it as an issue of race. If your race can breathe water (like the Hypello), then great; if they can't, then tough luck under the sea. Maybe I'll make a Water Breathing feat of some sort, with some appropriate prerequisites. I know it's a minor departure from how the game presents the world, but it makes a lot more sense & better game balance, IMHO.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

Yu Yevon
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Undead (Unsent, Incorporeal) Hume Summoner 30
    Hit Dice: 50d12+50 (375HP)
    Initiative: +21
    Speed: 30’ (6 squares), Fly 60’ (12 squares, poor maneuverability)
    Armor Class: 40 (-1 size, +21 Dex, +10 ring); touch 30; flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +25/+48
    Attack: N/A
    Full Attack: N/A
    Space/Reach: 10’/10’
    Special Attacks: Gravija, Osmose, Possession, Ultima
    Special Qualities: Curaga, Incorporeal traits, Undead traits, Unsent traits
    Saves: Fort +15, Ref +36, Will +40
    Abilities: Str 48 (+19), Dex 52 (+21), Con -- (+0), Int 27 (+8), Wis 36 (+13), Cha 22 (+6)
    Skills: Appraise +31, Bluff +35, Concentration +24, Craft (Aeon) +31, Decipher Script +31, Diplomacy +29, Disable Device +44, Disguise +32, Gather Information +36, Heal +36, Hide +36, Intimidate +32, Knowledge (arcana) +32, Knowledge (geography) +31, Knowledge (history) +32, Knowledge (religion) +31, Knowledge (planes) +31, Listen +38, Move Silently +47, Perform +27, Search +31, Sense Motive +37, Spellcraft +36, Spot +38, Survival +36, Tumble +44, Use Magic Device +33
    Feats: Alertness, Dodge, Combat Casting, Craft Construct, Gravija, Great Fortitude, Hover, Improved Toughness, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Magical Aptitude, Mobility, Persuasive, Silent Spell, Skill Focus (Hide), Stealthy, Still Spell, Wingover
    Environment: any (Sin)
    Organization: cabal (1 with 2 Yu Pagoda)
    Challenge Rating: 25
    Treasure: N/A
    Normal/Rare Steal: N/A/N/A
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Advancement: N/A
    Level Adjustment: N/A
    Magic Pool: 150d6+600 (1,125MP)

Gravija (Sp): this ability reduces the current HP of all opponents within 125’ by 75%; opponents can each make a Reflex save (DC43) for half damage; the save DC is Intelligence-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 256MP to use

Osmose (Sp): this is a touch attack that transfers 1 opponent’s entire MP pool to the creature’s own; the opponent can make a Will save (DC41) for half damage; the save DC is Charisma-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability does not consume any MP to use

Possession (Sp): Yu Yevon can attempt to invade the body of any summoned Aeon within 125’; the Aeon can make a Will save (DC41) to resist possession, adding their Summoner’s Wisdom modifier to the saving throw; the save DC is Charisma-based; upon a successful possession, the creature can control the Aeon’s body, inhabiting like a second skin for as long as the creature wishes; this is a full-round action that provokes attack of opportunity; this ability costs 117MP to use

Ultima (Sp): this attack inflicts 20d6+80 points of non-specified damage to all opponents within 125’; your opponents can each make a Fortitude save (DC43) for half damage; the save DC is Intelligence-based; any opponent reduced to 0 or fewer HP by this attack is entirely disintegrated, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust; a disintegrated creature’s equipment is unaffected; this attack can only target creatures, not objects; this is a full-round action that provokes attack of opportunity; this ability costs 90MP to use

Curaga (Sp): cures 6d8+20 points of damage to itself; since undead (but not [Unsent]) are powered by negative energy, this spell deals damage to them instead of curing their wounds, although an undead creature can apply spell resistance, & can attempt a Will save (DC41) to take half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 20MP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-07 at 03:27 PM. Reason: increased ranges

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

Yunalesca (1st Form)
    Spoiler
    Show

Medium Undead (Unsent) Hume Summoner 25
    Hit Dice: 25d12 (162HP)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 30’ (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 23 (+3 Dex, +10 ring); touch 13; flat-footed 20
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+13
    Attack: Tentacle +13 melee (5d6+1 + Dispel)
    Full Attack: 2 Tentacles +13 melee (5d6+1 + Dispel)
    Space/Reach: 5’/5’
    Special Attacks: Absorb, Blind, Dispel, Mute, Sleep
    Special Qualities: Resurgent Form, Undead traits, Unsent traits
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +18
    Abilities: Str 12 (+1), Dex 17 (+3), Con -- (+0), Int 19 (+4), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 16 (+3)
    Skills: Appraise +13, Bluff +14, Concentration +9, Decipher Script +13, Diplomacy +12, Disguise +12, Gather Information +12, Heal +13, Hide +12, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (arcana) +13, Knowledge (history) +13, Knowledge (nature) +13, Knowledge (religion) +13, Knowledge (planes) +13, Listen +15, Move Silently +12, Perform +12, Search +13, Sense Motive +13, Spellcraft +18, Spot +15, Survival +13, Tumble +12, Use Magic Device +15
    Feats: Absorb, Alertness, Combat Casting, Great Fortitude, Magical Aptitude, Persuasive, Power Attack, Silent Spell, Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Still Spell
    Environment: any (Zanarkand Ruins)
    Organization: solitary
    Challenge Rating: 16
    Normal/Rare Steal: Mega Potion/Farplane Wind
    Magic Pool: 125d6+500 (937MP)

Absorb (Sp): with a successful ranged touch attack, the creature reduces the current HP of 1 opponent within 90’ by 50%, transferring ½ of those hit points from the opponent’s HP pool to their own (the remaining 25% is lost); the opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC25) for half damage; the save DC is Charisma-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 108MP to use

Blind (Ex): inflicts Blind status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent within 90’; Fortitude save (DC26) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 10MP to use

Dispel (Sp): removes positive conditions from 1 opponent within 90’ (no saving throw); positive conditions include haste effects, hastega effects, shell effects, & protect effects

Mute (Ex): inflicts Mute status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent within 90’; Fortitude save (DC26) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 10MP to use

Sleep (Ex): inflicts Sleep status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent within 90’; Fortitude save (DC26) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 10MP to use

Resurgent Form (Ex): when Yunalesca’s hit points fall below 1, she will transform into her second form, regaining her full amount of HP in the process; this an immediate action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-07 at 03:28 PM. Reason: increased ranges

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Zeta:
    Quick question - Didn't Yu Yevon's Gravija damage it as well? I seem to recall that that's how I won the "final battle."

Also: Finally.

Hooray for Yunalesca!

And you owe us the pics for the other two forms.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

Zeta:
    Quick question - Didn't Yu Yevon's Gravija damage it as well? I seem to recall that that's how I won the "final battle."
    Gravija is percentage based, meaning that it takes off 75% of a character's current HP. Therefore, it alone cannot kill anyone, as it cannot reduce a person's HP below 1.

However, the "final battle" is so laughably easy that you could probably beat Yu Yevon with a wet rag. I've statted Yu Yevon under the assumption that it's actually a fair fight, which (in the game) it's not, due to the collective fayth of Spira casting Auto-Life on the entire party. The only way to lose is to somehow get your whole party petrified.

And you owe us the pics for the other two forms.
    I have found pics online that should fit the bill.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-07 at 03:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Yunalesca (2nd Form)
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Undead (Unsent) Hume Summoner 25
    Hit Dice: 27d12 (175HP)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 20’ (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 22 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +10 ring); touch 12; flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+22
    Attack: Tentacle +17 melee (5d8+5 + Dispel)
    Full Attack: Hell Biter (4 Tentacles) +17 melee (5d8+5 + Zombie)
    Space/Reach: 10’/10’
    Special Attacks: Absorb, Dispel, Zombie
    Special Qualities: Cura, Curaga, Regen, Resurgent Form, Undead traits, Unsent traits
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +19
    Abilities: Str 20 (+5), Dex 15 (+2), Con -- (+0), Int 19 (+4), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 16 (+3)
    Skills: Appraise +14, Bluff +14, Concentration +10, Decipher Script +14, Diplomacy +13, Disguise +12, Gather Information +13, Heal +14, Hide +11, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (arcana) +14, Knowledge (history) +14, Knowledge (nature) +13, Knowledge (religion) +14, Knowledge (planes) +13, Listen +16, Move Silently +11, Perform +12, Search +14, Sense Motive +14, Spellcraft +19, Spot +16, Survival +13, Tumble +11, Use Magic Device +16
    Feats: Absorb, Alertness, Combat Casting, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, Magical Aptitude, Persuasive, Power Attack, Silent Spell, Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Still Spell
    Challenge Rating: 17

Absorb (Sp): with a successful ranged touch attack, the creature reduces the current HP of 1 opponent within 95’ by 50%, transferring ½ of those hit points from the opponent’s HP pool to their own (the remaining 25% is lost); the opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC26) for half damage; the save DC is Charisma-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 108MP to use

Dispel (Sp): removes positive conditions from 1 opponent within 95’ (no saving throw); positive conditions include haste effects, hastega effects, shell effects, & protect effects

Zombie (Su): inflicts Zombie status on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC27) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based

Cura (Sp): cures 3d8+10 points of damage to itself; since undead (but not [Unsent]) are powered by negative energy, this spell deals damage to them instead of curing their wounds, although an undead creature can apply spell resistance, & can attempt a Will save (DC27) to take half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 10MP to use

Curaga (Sp): cures 6d8+20 points of damage to itself; since undead (but not [Unsent]) are powered by negative energy, this spell deals damage to them instead of curing their wounds, although an undead creature can apply spell resistance, & can attempt a Will save (DC27) to take half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 20MP to use

Regen (Sp): this ability grants Fast Healing 5 to itself; multiple regen effects do not stack, but overlap; this effect lasts for 1 minute (10 rounds); this effect is negated if the regenerating creature is successfully hit with a curse effect, a dispel effect, or dies (even if they are revived during the same encounter); this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 40MP to use

Resurgent Form (Ex): when Yunalesca’s hit points fall below 1, she will transform into her third form, regaining her full amount of HP in the process; this an immediate action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-07 at 03:32 PM. Reason: increased ranges

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

You've denied her Hellbiter? Where's my pic, man? I'ma kill you if I don't see my pic. C'mon.
    Might I inquire as to why? Balance or somesuch? Still not seein' the pic, might have to get vicious in here.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

You've denied her Hellbiter? Where's my pic, man? I'ma kill you if I don't see my pic. C'mon.
    Might I inquire as to why? Balance or somesuch? Still not seein' the pic, might have to get vicious in here.
    Calm down. See full attack. She has it. And the pic is up now. Calm down.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-04 at 08:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Heh heh... just kidding, Zeta. Or am I???

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh heh... just kidding, Zeta. Or am I???
    You okay now? All better?
    I hope that you like her, so far. This one's for you.
    See I can do invisible ink, too.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

The pic is awesome. Rage assuaged. The voices in his head concur.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Yunalesca (2nd Form)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scary Picture
    Holy blitzballs on a stick! That picture's horrifying.....and I'll have to fight that later on in the game ;-; It's not spoiling anything, though. I pretty much guessed it after Seymour started spouting about her. Because everything he says is evil.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

S'why I wanted it, Lappy.

Just wait for the NEXT one.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

S'why I wanted it, Lappy.

Just wait for the NEXT one.
    Seeing these in my favorite form of 3.5 d20 media only makes the experience that much more horrifying
    Because things are much scarier in D&D where "Phoenix Downs" cost 5,000gp in diamonds
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2008-11-04 at 07:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    Seeing these in my favorite form of 3.5 d20 media only makes the experience that much more horrifying
    Because things are much scarier in D&D where "Phoenix Downs" cost 5,000gp in diamonds
    Your horror tells me that I'm doing my job adequately.

BTW, I statted up Phoenix Downs, in Restorative Items. They only cost 2,250gp.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ettin in the Playground

Yunalesca (3rd Form)
    Spoiler
    Show

Huge Undead (Unsent) Hume Summoner 25
    Hit Dice: 30d12 (195HP)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 20’ (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 21 (-2 size, +3 Dex, +10 ring); touch 11; flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+32
    Attack: Tentacle +22 melee (6d6+9 + Dispel)
    Full Attack: Hell Biter (4 Tentacles) +22 melee (6d6+9 + Zombie)
    Space/Reach: 15’/15’
    Special Attacks: Absorb, Dispel, Mega Death, Mind Blast, Osmose, Zombie
    Special Qualities: Cura, Curaga, Regen, Undead traits, Unsent traits
    Saves: Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +21
    Abilities: Str 28 (+9), Dex 13 (+1), Con -- (+0), Int 19 (+4), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 16 (+3)
    Skills: Appraise +15, Bluff +15, Concentration +11, Decipher Script +15, Diplomacy +14, Disguise +14, Gather Information +15, Heal +15, Hide +11, Intimidate +15, Knowledge (arcana) +15, Knowledge (history) +15, Knowledge (nature) +14, Knowledge (religion) +15, Knowledge (planes) +14, Listen +16, Move Silently +11, Perform +13, Search +15, Sense Motive +15, Spellcraft +20, Spot +16, Survival +14, Tumble +11, Use Magic Device +17
    Feats: Absorb, Alertness, Combat Casting, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, Magical Aptitude, Mega Death, Persuasive, Power Attack, Silent Spell, Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Still Spell
    Challenge Rating: 18
    Treasure: 2× standard

Absorb (Sp): with a success sful ranged touch attack, the creature reduces the current HP of 1 opponent within 100’ by 50%, transferring ½ of those hit points from the opponent’s HP pool to their own (the remaining 25% is lost); the opponent can make a Fortitude save (DC28) for half damage; the save DC is Charisma-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 108MP to use

Dispel (Sp): removes positive conditions from 1 opponent within 100’ (no saving throw); positive conditions include haste effects, hastega effects, shell effects, & protect effects

Mega Death (Sp): ranged touch attack that kills all opponents within 100’ (0HP or less, see Status Effects: KO, below); opponents can each make a Fortitude save (DC29) to resist; the save DC is Intelligence -based; this attack has no effect on the undead, such as creatures with Zombie status; this is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 160MP to use

Mind Blast (Su): this attack inflicts 2d6+9 points of non-specified damage to all opponents within 100’ (no saving throw); in addition, inflicts Confused status on all damaged opponents (except opponents with the [Aeon] subtype, which have a 50% chance to acquire Cursed instead; Will save (DC28) to resist; the save DC is Charisma-based); this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability can be used once every 1d4 rounds

Osmose (Sp): this is a touch attack that transfers 2d4MP per HD (theirs) from 1 opponent’s MP pool to the creature’s own; the opponent can make a Will save (DC28) for half damage; the save DC is Charisma-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability does not consume any MP to use

Zombie (Su): inflicts Zombie status on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC29) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based

Cura (Sp): cures 3d8+10 points of damage to itself; since undead (but not [Unsent]) are powered by negative energy, this spell deals damage to them instead of curing their wounds, although an undead creature can apply spell resistance, & can attempt a Will save (DC29) to take half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 10MP to use

Curaga (Sp): cures 6d8+20 points of damage to itself; since undead (but not [Unsent]) are powered by negative energy, this spell deals damage to them instead of curing their wounds, although an undead creature can apply spell resistance, & can attempt a Will save (DC29) to take half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 20MP to use

Regen (Sp): this ability grants Fast Healing 5 to itself; multiple regen effects do not stack, but overlap; this effect lasts for 1 minute (10 rounds); this effect is negated if the regenerating creature is successfully hit with a curse effect, a dispel effect, or dies (even if they are revived during the same encounter); this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 40MP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-05 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added image

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

In a word: woot.

Justice has been done.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

In a word: woot.

Justice has been done.
    I'm glad you liked my interpretation of Yunalesca. As with every monster, I tried to be as faithful (fayth-ful?) to how they were presented within the original game. I think that this she turned out especially well, & will make some campaigns out there a memorable & epic boss fight.

BTW, that image for the third form is literally the best one that I could find on the interwebs. If anyone can find a better one, please lemme know.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ettin in the Playground

Zaurus
    Spoiler
    Show

Medium Animal (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 12d8+24 (78HP)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30’ (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 18 (+5 Dex, +3 natural); touch 15; flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+13
    Attack: Bite +13 melee (1d6+4 + Mute or Petrified)
    Full Attack: Bite +13 melee (1d6+4 + Mute or Petrified)
    Space/Reach: 5’/5’
    Special Attacks: Mute, Petrified
    Special Qualities: Animal traits
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 18 (+4), Dex 20 (+5), Con 15 (+2), Int 2 (-4), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 9 (-1)
    Skills: Jump +9, Listen +9, Spot +9
    Feats: Alertness, Dodge, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Spring Attack
    Environment: underground (Omega Ruins)
    Organization: pair or party (1 with a group of 1-3 Fiends)
    Challenge Rating: 10
    Treasure: standard
    Normal/Rare Steal: Petrify Grenade (×2)/ Petrify Grenade (×3)
    Alignment: always Chaotic Evil
    Magic Pool: 12d6+48 (90MP)

Mute (Ex): inflicts Mute status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent within 30’; Fortitude save (DC18) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based

Petrified (Su): inflicts Petrified status on 1 opponent within 30’; Fortitude save (DC18) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-06 at 08:06 PM. Reason: added image

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

Zu #1
    Spoiler
    Show

Huge Animal (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 10d8+20 (65HP)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 20’ (4 squares), Fly 60’ (12 squares, poor maneuverability)
    Armor Class: 15 (-2 size, +4 Dex, +3 natural); touch 12; flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+18
    Attack: Talon +8 melee (2d6+3 + Blind, airborne only) or Bite +8 melee (1d8+3, ground only)
    Full Attack: 2 Talons +8 melee (2d6+3 + Blind, airborne only) & Bite +3 melee (1d8+3, ground only)
    Special Attacks: Blind, Sonic Boom
    Special Qualities: Animal traits, Grounder
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +13, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 17 (+3), Dex 18 (+4), Con 15 (+2), Int 2 (-4), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 10 (+0)
    Skills: Move Silently +13, Spot +10
    Feats: Flyby Attack, HoverB, Lightning Reflexes, Skill Focus (Move Silently), Wingover
    Environment: warm desert (Sanubia Desert)
    Organization: solitary or party (1 with another Fiend)
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Normal/Rare Steal: Smoke Bomb/Smoke Bomb
    Magic Pool: 10d6+40 (75MP)

Blind (Ex): inflicts Blind status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC18) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based

Sonic Boom (Su): this attack inflicts 1d4+2 points of sonic damage to all opponents within 50’; Fortitude save (DC18) for half damage; the save DC is Strength-based; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability can be used once every 1d4+2 rounds

Grounder: whenever the creature has 50% or less of its maximum HP, it cannot fly, & remains on the ground until it has more than 50% of its maximum HP; landing or taking off is a swift action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; the creature takes no damage from landing in this manner
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-07 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added image

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground

Zu #2
    Spoiler
    Show

Huge Animal (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 12d8+24 (78HP)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 20’ (4 squares), Fly 60’ (12 squares, poor maneuverability)
    Armor Class: 17 (-2 size, +5 Dex, +4 natural); touch 13; flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+20
    Attack: Talon +10 melee (2d6+3 + Blind, airborne only) or Bite +10 melee (1d8+3, ground only)
    Full Attack: 2 Talons +10 melee (2d6+3 + Blind, airborne only) & Bite +5 melee (1d8+3, ground only)
    Special Attacks: Blind, Sonic Boom
    Special Qualities: Animal traits, Grounder
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 17 (+3), Dex 20 (+5), Con 15 (+2), Int 2 (-4), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)
    Skills: Move Silently +15, Spot +11
    Feats: Dodge, Flyby Attack, HoverB, Lightning Reflexes, Skill Focus (Move Silently), Wingover
    Environment: warm desert (Sanubia Desert)
    Organization: solitary or party (1 with another Fiend)
    Challenge Rating: 10
    Normal/Rare Steal: Smoke Bomb (×3)/Smoke Bomb (×4)
    Magic Pool: 12d6+48 (90MP)

Blind (Ex): inflicts Blind status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC19) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based

Sonic Boom (Su): this attack inflicts 1d4+2 points of sonic damage to all opponents within 50’; Fortitude save (DC19) for half damage; the save DC is Strength-based; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability can be used once every 1d4+2 rounds

Grounder: whenever the creature has 50% or less of its maximum HP, it cannot fly, & remains on the ground until it has more than 50% of its maximum HP; landing or taking off is a swift action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; the creature takes no damage from landing in this manner
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-08 at 01:18 AM. Reason: added image

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ettin in the Playground

So, that's all the fiends. There are 205 of them, by my accounting, plus the 4 non-fiends (like Chocobos). I hope that everyone likes them. It took a long time to make them, & even longer to make them well. I once thought that I was going to be finished with FFX D20 by this point, but I was dead wrong. I have accumulated a wealth of bonus material, & I shall continue posting regularly until it's all here, too. So as one chapter ends, another one shall begin. My work is never complete.

For those of you who are interested in running a campaign in Spira, I've included a listing of the monsters in each of Spira's many locations. Each location has a full list of all the fiends & other Spiran creatures one could find there, with links to each monster's statistics. This should make it much easier to emulate an authentic FFX experience in a D20 game.

Also, the Table of Contents is fully up-to-date, with links to each entry in the project. This should facilitate easy navigation. One day soon, I'd like to compile all of this stuff into a massive PDF file, with pictures & other such awesomeness included. Wish me luck.

Lastly, damn you DebiHuman. Damn you to hell, with your "good ideas" & your "well-reasoned suggestions". Just shut up. In all seriousness, though, I've considered to your proposition to increase the ranges for the monsters' ranged attacks & magical effects, & I agree. I believe now that 30’ is just too short of a range, & is far too predictable, leading to poor game balance. So, in keeping with this change in design philosophy, I've gone through each monster's stats & edited them, increasing the ranges of their abilities. I've done this according to a formula for distances that I've crafted. That should make the fiends much more dangerous/unpredictable, & therefore more fitting of their CR (I'm always concerned that the fiends may be just a bit too easy).

A special prize goes to the person who first guesses the correct formula for the monsters' ranges. Here's a hint: if you're thinking of post #558, then you're partway there. Good luck.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-08 at 02:48 PM. Reason: added link

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

"Lastly, damn you DebiHuman. Damn you to hell, with your "good ideas" & your "well-reasoned suggestions". Just shut up."

LOL! That is quite possibly the best backward compliment I've ever gotten. Much better than a cookie!

Thank you for listening to those ideas and for implementing them. You did all the hard work and deserve all the accolades. I simply challenged you to make it better.

And yes, I'll shut up now...[does giggling count?]
    Debby

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

A homebrewer's work is never done. Well, I mean, sure, I close out all my projects on something approaching a reasoned schedule...

The work is long and epic, Zeta Kai. I look forward to seeing these... how you say... "bonus materials."

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

YEVON'S UNDERPANTS!!!!!!! You actually did them all. I am truly in awe of your dedication to your work. It actually makes me feel bad for sitting typing this instead of doing my essay.

I have been reading this since the character classes and for what little its worth you have not only my undying respect, but that of all Kobolds of the world.

I eagerly anticipate these bonus materials you mentioned.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Two Hundred and Five.

Multiply that by 7 and you have Zeta's awesome level of commitment.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ettin in the Playground

Bonus Material
    Dark Fayth (“Dark Aeon” Epic Monster PrC)!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Requirements
    • Race: Aeon only.
    • BAB: +20.
    • Special: You must have intentionally caused the death of the Summoner who has summoned you.

Fastest Route: Aeon 20

Class Information
    Hit Die: d8.

Class Skills: The Dark Fayth’s class skills (& the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), & Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Intelligence modifier.

MP per Level: 2d6+8.

Table 1-20: The Dark Fayth (Epic Monster PrC)
    {table=head]Level|Epic Attack Bonus|Epic Fort|Epic Reflex|Epic Will|Special|Average MP
    1st|+0|+1|+1|+1|Darkness Unleashed|37.5
    2nd|+1|+1|+1|+1|--|75
    3rd|+1|+2|+2|+2|Spell Resistance, Damage Reduction|112.5
    4th|+2|+2|+2|+2|--|150
    5th|+2|+3|+3|+3|Dark Defenses|187.5
    6th|+3|+3|+3|+3|--|225
    7th|+3|+4|+4|+4|Energy Immunity|262.5
    8th|+4|+4|+4|+4|--|300
    9th|+4|+5|+5|+5|Status Immunity|337.5
    10th|+5|+5|+5|+5|--|375
    11th|+5|+6|+6|+6|Energy Absorption|412.5
    12th|+6/+1|+6|+6|+6|--|450
    13th|+6/+1|+7|+7|+7|Mega-Graviton|487.5[/table]

Class Features
    All of the following are class features of the Dark Fayth. See level progression on Table 1-20: The Dark Fayth (Epic Monster PrC) for more information.

Weapon & Armor Proficiency: You gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Darkness Unleashed: at 1st level, you are free to act as you will, no longer being bound by the goal of destroying Sin; you cannot be called by a summoner to battle, & you are no longer compelled to act as a summoner wishes; your transdimensional pocket shrinks to nonexistence, forcing you onto the Material Plane, so you can no longer retreat back to it; since qualifying for this prestige class involves killing your Summoner, you alignment probably changes from True Neutral (most likely to an Evil alignment, unless your Summoner was Evil)

Spell Resistance (Su): at 3rd level, you gain Spell Resistance equal to your Hit Die × 2

Damage Reduction (Su): at 3rd level, you gain Damage Reduction/epic equal to your Hit Die

Dark Defenses (Su): at 5th level, you become immune to all polymorphing magic, all mind-affecting magic, ability drain, ability damage, death from massive damage, & all divination magic

Energy Immunity (Su): at 7th level, you are immune to all damage from cold, fire, lightning, & water (force) energy types

Status Immunity (Su): at 9th level, you are immune to all status effects (other than Hasted, KO, or Regen)

Energy Absorption (Su): at 11th level, whenever you are dealt cold, fire, lightning, or water (force) damage, you actually gain HP equal to the damage that you normally would have taken; you cannot gain HP in excess of your maximum HP; this ability replaces Energy Immunity

Mega-Graviton (Su): at 13th level, you can unleash a 200’ blast that instantly strikes all creatures within it, dealing damage to each creature equal to 50% of their current maximum HP (no saving throw); this is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 256MP to use; this blast inflicts the following status effects:
    • Blind (10 minutes)
    • Doomed
    • Mute (10 minutes)
    • Sleep (10 minutes)
    • Slowed
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-02-14 at 12:00 AM. Reason: adjusting MP

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ettin in the Playground

Now, for those who don't know, in FFX, you can go to this crazy merchant guy who works at the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands. He will sell you some weapons with the ability to "capture" the monsters that you've defeated. If you capture a certain number of specific monsters in specific combinations, then when you visit the merchant again, he will create a new monster based on your captures. The monsters that he creates (hereinafter refered to as arena monsters) are insanely difficult to defeat, easily resulting in a TPK for the unprepared. The arena monsters are intended to be an additional challenge for those who have beaten the game.

So, someone (I forget who) suggested that I stat out all of the arena monsters. At first, I balked at the notion, because the arena monsters would be so uber-epic that nobody would ever need them, so it would be a waste of time. Also, the my project wasn't originally as comprehensive as it is today.

But later, I reconsidered. Some people do indeed play epic campaigns, & they need more enemies to challenge them. Epic campaigns can get pretty boring when the DM is running out of critters to throw at the demigod-party. Also, this project has covered just about everything else that one can regarding FF-based mechanics. And I have been looking for a design challenge, so I thought designing epic monsters would be a worthwhile exercise.

So, yes Virginia, I did make the arena monsters. Here they are, 48 of the most uber-epic monsters that you can find in the world of Spira.

NOTE: There are images for each arena monster. However, it is almost suicidally dangerous to be anywhere near an arena monster, so pictures of them will not be of the same quality as those of other fiends. A special mention needs to go to the brave & dedicated Spirans who captured these small-yet-illuminating pictures. Our thanks go to you; we honor the survivors, & we mourn the fallen.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-12-18 at 11:32 PM.