New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [A/T] Acro-Imperial Territory

The expansion of the Acronymian Empire brought many locations into the fledgling nation, some voluntarily, some not. This thread is where to go if you're looking for locations in Imperial territory.

Major Locations:

[Mountain Base]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Imperial Mountain Base, established pre-expansion. The mountain appears artificially short in height, quite flat at the top-as it is a semi-concealed construction, launch, and landing site for the Empire's airships. The top opens up into the airship construction/launch chamber. The airborne carrier Sanctuary was constructed here.

The mountain is dotted with entrances to the base itself, each of these guarded by two rapid-fire pulse laser/laser chaingun turrets, and two turbolaser turrets.

[Dawnsville]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A town with a name said to be in tribute to an ancient hero that went by the alias of 'Sunrise' that saved the town from certain doom. It was brought under the banner of the Empire during the expansion. Dawnsville went voluntarily when the Empire came with aid, and is now the ideal image of a town in the regions taken by the Empire.

Dawnsville now enjoys prosperity with a tech level around that of the present real world, despite its status as being ravaged by myriad incidents damaging the town before the Empire came.

The town is walled with a single main gate.

Major locations in-town include a Town Hall and an Imperial Army Garrison Base.

[Crownsfall] (Seceded, though still accessible through this thread)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A town whose name is said to come from an ancient liberation from a tyrant king, once conquered by the Empire. However, this one resisted the Empire's takeover, which is unsurprising, given its history. The town's situation has somewhat improved from its pre-Empire status, and has become somewhat stable with the Empire's withdrawal after Emperor Vyrn's removal from power.

Tech level is irregular, with some higher-tech portions from the Empire's prior activities.

The town is partially walled off, with gates in areas where construction was incomplete at the time of the Empire's withdrawal.

Major locations in-town include a Town Hall and an abandoned Imperial Garrison Base, now used by the town guard.

[Imperial Laboratories-Complex Alpha]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A large, military-style complex lies near the mountain range containing the Imperial Mountain Base. Above-ground there is little visible, an electric fence surrounding the compound. There is one main building containing living quarters for those present, along with a barracks for guards. There's also two large garage structures, one being used for APCs and one for construction of vehicle prototypes (see below). Each of the garages has helipads on their respective roofs, though only the first garage's helipads are used for landings. The second garage's helipads are used for construction of VTOL craft prototypes.

There is a pair of small buildings in the middle of the compound, however, containing two elevators each. These lead to the labs.

The underground labs are the main focus of the complex, for they are why it is here. Here, Empire-employed designers work on newer designs for equipment and technology for the Empire, and prototypes of the smaller ones may be constructed. An example of this would be an assault rifle or pistol, as these weapons are small enough to be constructed there. However, something along the lines of a large, vehicle-mounted cannon would be assembled in the construction garage.

[Scrapyard]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Imperial Scrapyard is a simple, concrete-walled-off area with a single main gate where the Empire disposes of decommissioned vehicles and equipment.

There are two buildings within the walled-off area. One is where smaller scrap weapons and equipment are kept. The other is smaller, likely where one goes to purchase anything there.

The rest of the scrapyard is an open area for vehicles and parts to be disposed of.

The main scrap available is currently:
    -Decommissioned K-Corp Hovertanks
    -Decommisioned K-Corp Harpy Gunships
    -Decommisioned K-Corp Scythe Walkers
    -Decommissioned APCs (Unknown original make, as the APCs came with the Empire in its earliest form)
    -Stripped down K-Corp Pulse Weapon Frames
    -Miscellaneous Spare Imperial Ship Parts (from the construction of Sanctuary (plus carried aircraft), Spectre, Supremacy, and the Imperial Navy)

Reasoning for this thread's existence:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This thread is just as it says in the title: it is for locations within the territory of the Acronymian Empire not within Inside itself. Normally these would go in Outside, but it seemed to me that that thread could do with being a bit less hectic and crowded, and others agreed. In the end, this is for my own convenience. Any future bases outside Inside will also be put in this thread rather than Outside. Encounters in villages in Outside will now be treated as outside Imperial territory. Less trouble all-around.

In addition, the towns of Dawnsville and Crownsfall were made for convenience's sake, if anyone actually wants to use them. They're not the only ones in Imperial territory, but they show both extremes of what the Empire's original expansion brought, which is part of the reason for their existence.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2011-02-05 at 09:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [A/T] Acro-Imperial Territory

[Mountain Base]

The Spectre has launched. The giant, yet sleek, jet-black aircraft is actually fired upon by the base defenses, but the craft doesn't seem to take much damage before it vanishes from sight, silent.

Something is very wrong here.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Inside isn't the only place with some significant events going on since the ousting of Emperor Vyrn.

Several towns, mostly those conquered by force, have been allowed to secede, though some others have stayed within the Empire due to their own defenses being destroyed by the events of the expansion.

But that's not why we're here today.

[Imperial Laboratories-Complex Alpha]

A large, military-style complex lies near the mountain range containing the Imperial Mountain Base. Above-ground there is little visible, an electric fence surrounding the compound. There is one main building containing living quarters for those present, along with a barracks for guards. There's also two large garage structures, one being used for APCs and one for construction of vehicle prototypes (see below). Each of the garages has helipads on their respective roofs, though only the first garage's helipads are used for landings. The second garage's helipads are used for construction of VTOL craft prototypes.

There is a pair of small buildings in the middle of the compound, however, containing two elevators each. These lead to the labs.

The underground labs are the main focus of the complex, for they are why it is here. Here, Empire-employed designers work on newer designs for equipment and technology for the Empire, and prototypes of the smaller ones may be constructed. An example of this would be an assault rifle or pistol, as these weapons are small enough to be constructed there. However, something along the lines of a large, vehicle-mounted cannon would be assembled in the construction garage.

The Imperial Laboratories are in something of a stall, however, with no Director of Special Projects to approve designs for construction due to the previous holder of the role going rogue.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

A young boy, no older than 12, appears in a flash of light.
    Is this the Imperial Laboratory? I would like to apply for the position of Director, he says to whoever is nearest.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Teleportation into the complex is blocked. Whoops.

((Also, I have someone else interested in the position already. Been hoping to plan these things out OOC first.))
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Teleportation into the complex is blocked. Whoops.

((Also, I have someone else interested in the position already. Been hoping to plan these things out OOC first.))
    Alright, then, he flies into the complex on miniature jet-boots.

(Just tell him that someone else is interested, then. )

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[Imperial Labs]
    Dr. Tzymine Xanthin glances at her notes and blueprints now and again as she puts together a non-functioning reference-model of her intended next creation, the FBI-9.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chambered for 5.56 mm ammunition; 40mm 'nade launcher compatible.
    Water-balloon launcher optional.

Of course, she'd prefer to be putting together a functioning prototype, but without a Director to approve it...
    She frowns.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

((I meant OOC. I have this pre-arranged. I would prefer it if my plans were not massively derailed the moment after I post the thing.))
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

9. - Top - End - #9

((I meant OOC. I have this pre-arranged. I would prefer it if my plans were not massively derailed the moment after I post the thing.))
    (Alright, then.)

The boy strides into the workroom and flicks his fingers. A seemingly endless loop of materials, loops of energy, and strings of glowing green 1s and 0s fly around, combining into two things that look like hand-held guns, one sized normally, and one a ten metres long. People can ask him what he's doing, if they want.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
    (Alright, then.)

The boy strides into the workroom and flicks his fingers. A seemingly endless loop of materials, loops of energy, and strings of glowing green 1s and 0s fly around, combining into two things that look like hand-held guns, one sized normally, and one a ten metres long. People can ask him what he's doing, if they want.
    ... HOW DID HE GET IN?
    NO, REALLY, HOW THE FLYING HELL DID HE GET INTO THE MILITARY COMPLEX?
    PLEASE INSERT KEYBOARD INTO SKULL AND TRY AGAIN.

I wish somebody would get installed as Director...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    ... HOW DID HE GET IN?
    NO, REALLY, HOW THE FLYING HELL DID HE GET INTO THE MILITARY COMPLEX?
    PLEASE INSERT KEYBOARD INTO SKULL AND TRY AGAIN.

I wish somebody would get installed as Director...
    (Well, I have no wish to RP the authorization stuff.
    Also, he's an extremely powerful technopath.)

The boy finishes creating the two guns. He aims the small one at the massive one, and the massive one shrinks down to a relatively manageable size. He looks it over, nods once, and walks it to wherever people drop off completed technologies.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

((Sorry, Zexion, that's not the way it works. You either need to get authorization IC or OOC to join someone else's thread.))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
    (Well, I have no wish to RP the authorization stuff.
    Also, he's an extremely powerful technopath.)
    ((... I'll notify you as soon as that becomes a good reason.
    Until then, WHOOPS I GUESS I WENT SELECTIVELY BLIND AND I CAN'T SEE YOUR POSTS EXCEPT FOR WHEN I'M TELLING YOU THEY'RE NOT A VERY GOOD IDEA.))

Dr. Xanthin pulls out her datapad and brings up documents about new gun-things.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

((That doesn't mean he can just spontaneously appear in there. Plus, I had specifically asked people to mention in OOC if they wanted to take the role of a Designer. And the entire point of that was to deal with that recruitment/authorization stuff.

But godmodding one's way in without that arrangement is not something I will allow.

Also, I'll get to work on that soon, hopefully, Beans. >.>))
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

15. - Top - End - #15

((That doesn't mean he can just spontaneously appear in there. Plus, I had specifically asked people to mention in OOC if they wanted to take the role of a Designer. And the entire point of that was to deal with that recruitment/authorization stuff.

But godmodding one's way in without that arrangement is not something I will allow.

Also, I'll get to work on that soon, hopefully, Beans. >.>))
    Sorry. My mistake. So, um, never mind everything that I've already said.
    Tom would like to be recruited!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well Dr.Rato has come right to the entrance of the base. Way out there by the electrical fence. He looks around for a guard box or possibly a camera. If he finds one or the other he'll give a friendly wave and say, " Hello, I'm Dr.Rato. I've heard you have a opening position here and I'd like to apply for it. "

If there is nothing then well... we'll have to burn that bridge when we come to it.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

[Imperial Laboratories]

(Tom will have to do something extra to actually get a position, given his age. So have him show up at the gate or something to either prove himself or get rejected. Or something. Bleh.)

Rato is looked over by the Imperial Army guards at the gate. "The two new Generals have someone in mind for the Director role, if that's what you're talking about. You're welcome to apply as a Designer, of course."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #18

Tom walks up to a guard.
    I would like to apply to become a Designer.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dr.Rato nods and hmms. " You know what I forgot my resume. I should probably have that. Do you know who I should talk to, to get a job? "

-Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

The guard speaking to Rato thinks for a moment. "Well, you should probably retrieve some record of your...talents. Without a Director right now, we'll have to defer the decision to someone else in authority."

And another guard peers down at Tom. You can't see it thanks to his helmet, but he looks rather confused. "Where are your parents, kid?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dr.Rato nods. " Alright then, I see. I'll be back in a while then. " He says and happily walks away.

-Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #22

And another guard peers down at Tom. You can't see it thanks to his helmet, but he looks rather confused. "Where are your parents, kid?"
    Tom winces slightly.
    Let's just say I was... grown in a lab. Experimentally. I'm a powerful technopath, and I would like to become a designer.
    (Is the guard wearing any pieces of electronic gadgetry?)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Many pieces of electronic gadgetry.

For example, the guard's helmet alone incorporates infrared vision, X-ray vision, an air filter (not sure if that counts), and a comlink.

"You got any proof of this, kid?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

24. - Top - End - #24

Many pieces of electronic gadgetry.

For example, the guard's helmet alone incorporates infrared vision, X-ray vision, an air filter (not sure if that counts), and a comlink.

"You got any proof of this, kid?"
    Tom nods, chuckles, and waves his hand, and the guard's entire wardrobe of tech should start malfunctioning. His communication radio should start playing a radio station from Australia, his HUD should start displaying an random internet page, etc., etc., etc.
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-05-14 at 10:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Bonus points if it's goatse. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Bonus points if it's goatse. >.>
    ... Call the ambalamps.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Oh boy.

Tom has no idea what he just did.

The guard's helmet is affected as described, while that pulse rifle he's been holding the whole time starts massively overheating, along with the laser pistol he has holstered. In addition, the electro-chargeable combat knife he has sheathed short-circuits.

The guard quickly throws the pulse rifle off to the side, and grabs the laser pistol, but alas, it is too late. "Sonofa-" The weapon goes off in a quite small explosion, more dangerous for the shrapnel than the blast. In fact, the guy's hand is even mostly intact. Can't say the Empire's laser pistols aren't fairly user-friendly even in case of spontaneous explosion.

The soldier is largely unharmed thanks to his armor, but I can't say the same if any shrapnel flies Tom's way.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

28. - Top - End - #28

Oh boy.

Tom has no idea what he just did.

The guard's helmet is affected as described, while that pulse rifle he's been holding the whole time starts massively overheating, along with the laser pistol he has holstered. In addition, the electro-chargeable combat knife he has sheathed short-circuits.

The guard quickly throws the pulse rifle off to the side, and grabs the laser pistol, but alas, it is too late. "Sonofa-" The weapon goes off in a quite small explosion, more dangerous for the shrapnel than the blast. In fact, the guy's hand is even mostly intact. Can't say the Empire's laser pistols aren't fairly user-friendly even in case of spontaneous explosion.

The soldier is largely unharmed thanks to his armor, but I can't say the same if any shrapnel flies Tom's way.
    (Wow. He didn't mean to do that.)

Tom puts his hand out, and any shrapnel should stop moving and just hover in the air, then drop slowly to the ground.
    Tom then starts telekinetically repairing the damaged technology, using parts found in his Infinite Pocket of Technological Parts.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

I don't believe Tom's technopathy will work in this situation.

See, it's shrapnel. It's not technology anymore. This is an ex-laser. The shrapnel is nothing more than a hot, pointy, metal shard. It does not count as technology any more than a sharp, pointy, heated rock.

So unless Tom suddenly has power over everything rather than just technology, that probably shouldn't work...
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

30. - Top - End - #30

I don't believe Tom's technopathy will work in this situation.

See, it's shrapnel. It's not technology anymore. This is an ex-laser. The shrapnel is nothing more than a hot, pointy, metal shard. It does not count as technology any more than a sharp, pointy, heated rock.

So unless Tom suddenly has power over everything rather than just technology, that probably shouldn't work...
    He can telekinetically control base technological components, like metal. So yes, I think he would be able to control shrapnel.