New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Being Good Sucks! Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby, Hard Mode!

Hello, I'm your fellow mook with a keyboard, The Shoveler. I did some searching around the forum and found that no one has done a Pokemon Ruby Let's Play yet. Since it is summer and I have quite literally got nothing left to do, I'm going to try to play this game on Hard Mode!

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    -If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it.
    -Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first Pokemon you see, regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokemon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup.
    -If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, you may not catch another. Tough ****.
    -This means you can not catch a pokemon in a route you were in before you could catch pokemon. So no route 1, you were there before you had pokeballs.
    -If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift Pokemon like Bill's Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.
    -You must nickname your pokemon so there is some sort of attachment. Each pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.
    -If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
    -You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second pokemon from any given area.
    -You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle.
    -You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle, which means Legendaries are to be defeated in battle and not caught.
    -An exception to the rule: the starter Pokemon is exempt from the death penalty.

I'll update it periodically, once or twice a day if lucky enough.
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-07-14 at 11:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Being Good Sucks! Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby, Hard Mode!

Pick Mudkip, It's only weakness is grass, (Brendan and May cap at Lv 30 something) and fear itself
    Last edited by Illven; 2010-07-15 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Heh, it's a good thing I just finished my Touhoumon LP before this new deluge of Pokemon-themed LPs...at least the field's a bit less crowded now.

Um, anyway, since you're playing Ruby, I insist that you play the male character, name yourself Ruby, start off with a Mudkip named Zuzu, and have yourself a FABULOUS journey across the Hoenn region, hitting every Pokemon Contest along the way.

Why yes, I will keep plugging the PokeSpe manga.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

4. - Top - End - #4

I suggest Treeco, because I want you to win, rather than the sadists that would have you use Mudkip.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by doliest View Post
    I suggest Treeco, because I want you to win, rather than the sadists that would have you use Mudkip.
    Now doliest, it's just cause we herd yu liek mudkipz.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by doliest View Post
    Oh, they're all overpowered. Only Swampert has an extra 5 points on his BST.

long lievs teh mudkip!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    I insist that you play the male character, name yourself Ruby, start off with a Mudkip named Zuzu, and have yourself a FABULOUS journey across the Hoenn region, hitting every Pokemon Contest along the way.

Why yes, I will keep plugging the PokeSpe manga.
    No-one faults you for plugging amazingness.

I vote Torchic. So you can beat the crap out of your Dad's Pokémon when the time comes because he left your Mum, and for keeping your pet Zigzagzoon and then giving it to a stranger right in front of you.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-07-15 at 12:33 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry to disappoint, but Treecko it is for one reason: Rock Gym First! Shroomish might not be my first pokemon seen, same for seedot or wingull, so the options are limited and I need a surefire way of winning the first gym at least. There are plenty of pokemon worthy of destroying the jerk of a father, so although I prefer Torchic, it has to sit this one out.

Chapter 1: Exposition Ahoy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The boss... he's sent me here.

I was to come to a city...

And meet up with this man.

The briefing was simple. This is the Pokemon world and I'm to start a new "journey" with my "friends" to become "The Pokemon Champion."

This Birch guy was to be my supplier, an excuse to gain the "Experiment" as they call it. A Pokemon that will be enhanced with "The Package" to make us invincible.

This is me, Johnny, an undercover operative for the illustrious and glorious Team Rocket. This is my story of triumph, my time to shine in the mission. That mission? To show that scheming Team Magma who REALLY controls the crime scene!

You know, I'd imagine being able to ride more... luxuriously to the drop-off point. Hell, even the backseat of a cab would have done well for me.

Oh right, that's the name of this little one-pony town.

Oh right, we're "living" here now. Remember, this is to be as fluid as possible. In, out, done.

It would seem you caught the hint. Good.

Yes, out of the prying ears of... what the devil are those supposed to be?

Huh. Didn't know the big dogs were into slavery. Sounds like a profitable endeavor!

It's always business with you people. -sighs- You never want to sit down and talk, it's always work, work, work. Ok, since I'm on the clock here, I'll go and synchronize the clock and my watch.
    I get a good week to destroy this fake "Team Magma" and show them the real force of the Rockets. Lovely.

Simple enough, they sure don't cut expenses in the business... Wait, it's midnight but it's daylight outside... This country is weird.

She's right, I have to check to see if "the Package" came as well.

Success! The nanotech has been received.

What? What is it?

In other news, Norman was questioned today about a potential smuggling ring going on in our very town! However, he has gotten off without being tried due to the lack of evidence thanks to a small gas leak explosion that occurred in the evidence lockers earlier today. The chief of police had nothing to say, as he retired early after having won a lottery he was assumed to have never entered. Now on to the latest scheme by...

Yeah, it seems he's still got it. Now I'm gonna go and check up on the good ol' "Professor" here. I'm sure he's at his house. See you later!

Ok, thanks for the information.

Stingy little whore... didn't even let me talk or anything!

Fine I'll help. I'm just an amateur but I'll try my best to save the Professor!

Here's the experiment... let's see how well it does.

I love this thing already!

Ok, meet you there. I'll be expecting the prize.

Cut the chit-chat. I'm on a timer, here.

Now what should I name the beaut?
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-07-15 at 01:41 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Cool story, Bro'.

Also Bonnie.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, you hit up Nugget Bridge, and actually took up the offer of joining Team Rocket? You clever little ten year old.

So, what is 'Mom' is that a codename for your cover? Or is she your actual Mom? How about Norman? How are you going to work around that dialogue? Or is he still your Dad?
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

11. - Top - End - #11

Norman's clearly still the dad, I think. 'Mom' might be an operative, but it seems more likely she really is the Mom, if a distant one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Norman's the dad and the one who ushered him into the business. The "Mom" is an operative, going off of a script and trying to get him out of her hair as soon as possible (i.e. making him rush through the procedures). Norman... slept around when he was younger and, voila, there you are! You have a Johnny!
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-07-15 at 02:12 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by The Shoveler View Post
    Norman's the dad and the one who ushered him into the business. The "Mom" is an operative, going off of a script and trying to get him out of her hair as soon as possible (i.e. making him rush through the procedures). Norman... slept around when he was younger and, voila, there you are! You have a Johnny!
    Again, cool story bro'.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, name your Treeko Lord Sauron, or Sauron if the full name won't fit.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nah, it shall be named Bonnie! Mainly because only two names were suggested and the Treecko is female, so no Lord Sauron.

Chapter 2: Cheating Little...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I named the experiment "Bonnie." I was feeling... nostalgic.

I don't get a choice in the matter, do I?

Nope, you will go show her that she is horrible at pokemon training so that she will stop bothering me.
    Fine. But you owe me one, old man!

Huh, another annoying little... what did it just... OH GOD! Bonnie, are you alright? No, don't kill...!

Ok, a side effect of the nanotech... it causes them to become murderous when enraged.

Ah, Oldale Town. Wait, why do I know exactly what the names of the routes and cities are upon entering them? Let's see if he can give me any answers.

Huh, the boss said something about this, but I can't remember what for the life of me...

Wait, how did you get one of these?
    ... Now I remember! The boss said that the houses with blue roofs will have the suppliers.

What's that red building...

Ah, so I can heal Bonnie here.

-stare- She's hot.

Eh, I guess I'll go and find that idiot May now.

HEY, MAY!

OH GOD! Dangit, Johnny, why'd you do that? ...

Bow-chicka bow-wow!

PERV!

Dangit, why didn't I choose THAT pokemon?
    Because you SUCK!

She has me on the ropes... I must administer a booster of the nanotech to win this battle...

Wha-What is this? How did your pokemon get so much stronger so fast?
    Uh... friendship and love?

She knows too much, she must be destroyed.

She may run, but she shall never escape.

Drat, foiled again!
    Hey, professor, what's that red notebook thing?

Here, you can have it. Lord knows I don't want it.

Thank you. Now may I never see any of you ever again. I'm out!

D*****, woman!

Slut.

REVENGE!!!

I decided to head back up to where May was to see if she dropped anything.

(Insert Image of Wingull Male Lv. 3)
    It's... a seagull. -shoots water in Johnny's face- That's it! I want that bird, if only so I can torment it myself!

Now to heal it for the real torment.

Now let's head to my father's...

-sigh- Why did I catch this worm... thing?

Now time to destroy some new trainers. It's only right.

You just suck, kid. Try to do more than just catch the pokemon.

That makes absolutely no sense. Although, since you asked...

Don't fret about it, I'm sure that you can catch less sucky pokemon next time! Now to heal...

I hope the next trainer isn't no match for Toco. That would be a shame if a seagull could defeat everyone here fresh off the route.

Alright, I'll help you with your career. As soon as you stop and realize you suck at pokemon, you can begin your career in the REAL world!

Actually, no you didn't. You weren't worth the effort it took to tell Toco to attack.

Huh!? Some of the shipment fell out! Crap, if anyone else finds some of these, we're screwed!

-stare- You're hot.
    (one chansey-induced trauma later...)

I hope he recognizes me. Last time he forgot I was his son and threw his beer at me. Actually, maybe it was BECAUSE he remembered me...

-cringes- Wait, you remember me?
    Nope, I've been saying that to the last fifteen people who've entered my gym. Boy was it awkward when they entered!

(the door gets slammed open by a pale, white kid)

Who the hell is this bloke and what is up with his hair... that color can't be natural.

Sorry, I'm bad with names. Now then, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY GYM!
    But... I need a pokemon for protection... how will I survive without a pokemon of my own?
    Not my problem... oh wait. My son here will help you catch your pokemon. Here's his pet Zigzagoon from when he was a kid and his pokeball that was given to him by his mother, the only memento he has of her left if I remember correctly.

No, I was too busy thinking about how weird this kid's hair is.
    Well YOU are taking WALLY out to catch a pokemon, the first one he sees. There is no chance to say no, you WILL do this.

I don't have a choice, so just shut up and catch something. I'm listening to NIN...

Sure, I'll rate your suckage. There's no way you can find anything better than that Zigzagoon. It would take a mira...

(Insert image of Wally finding a Level 5 Male Ralts)
    What...

...the...
    (Insert image of Wally CATCHING said Ralts while on high HP)
    ...F***?!

I'M GONNA WRANGLE YOUR NECK AND FORCE-FEED YOUR ORGANS TO YOUR FAMILY!

...kill...kill...kill...

That's it. -shoots Wally in the chest and hides his body in the back of the gym- I hate him.
    Ah, my son. You think like your old man!

Understood. I won't let you down!

Current Party:

Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-07-15 at 04:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Oh dear... You're going with a Treecko... for hard mode... in Third gen pokemon? Well... good luck then. I'm certain the incredibly cheap gym leaders in this generation won't cause you to scream and pull your hair out.

*COUGH COUGH* WALLACE *COUGH COUGH*

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dairun Cates View Post
    Oh dear... You're going with a Treecko... for hard mode... in Third gen pokemon? Well... good luck then. I'm certain the incredibly cheap gym leaders in this generation won't cause you to scream and pull your hair out.

*COUGH COUGH* WALLACE *COUGH COUGH*
    Yes, I fear for my sanity (*COUGH* Winona *COUGH*).

18. - Top - End - #18

Yes, I fear for my sanity (*COUGH* Winona *COUGH*).
    At least there's a lot of Pokemon that actually HELP there. Flying types have a lot of weakness. And I actually meant Watson in retrospect eventhough Wallace will probably suck too. The Ice gym is annoying, but stupidly enough, the grass starter CAN'T take the Electric gym leader in this game because they're all Magnetons. The worst part is that one of the only good fighting or fire types in the entire game is Blazaiken. So, actually hurting the things is an exercise in EXTREME patience and then the jerk just uses a Full Restore twice.

19. - Top - End - #19

Since you're playing the game with an interesting twist on the usual story, have you considered using a text editing program to customize the dialogue to suit your story? I think that could help tell your story, if you use it well. It's what I did for my LP too, since I ended up derailing the traditional story like crazy.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interesting, I've never considered it. What program did you use?

21. - Top - End - #21

I'd recommend the Advanced Text Editor.

Here's a tutorial for using it.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eh, I'm sorta stretching my time as is, so I'll have to decline on the Advance Text. I'll just use the text they give me and work with it *exception: Team Magma/Aqua members*

Updates may come later tonight (touhoumon! it's... addictive, to say the least)

EDIT: or they won't... turns out work sucks and sleep is a necessity for getting the job you need to get done done. Won't have anything up tomorrow either, too much to do with such little time to do it in.
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-07-16 at 11:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

And after some irritating delay, here is the longest chapter yet.

Chapter 3: R.I.P. Andy
    Spoiler
    Show

Dad said that in order to kick-start this adventure I would need to beat someone named Roxanne in Rustboro City and take a "badge" from her.

Alright, let's see if these directions that hobo gave me are correct...
    First I head down the beachside and past a snobby rich boy.
    Then I go through a forest filled with trainers that think they are better than they are. What makes that different from any other forest?
    Finally, I pass a "Pretty Petal Shop" and cross a bridge, then I am there. Sounds easy enough!

Hyperactive kid #1...

After annoying battles with annoying kids, I think I should go and sample the wildlife. Maybe train a little so this weak little bug becomes more useful.

Hey, that bird looks pretty hardcore, maybe it won't suck as much as the worm it's trying to eat! Oh god, it's trying to eat my worm. Come back worm! Go seagull thing!

My plan worked! I think I shall name it Harvey so that it may be inspired to be better than it really is.

Since the worm was weak and I wanted to test out my new lawyer, I decided to heal up. They were starting to get used to my presence and actually wanted me to come back this time! Which is weird because I don't even pay for anything.

I'm gonna go out and train the worm so it doesn't suck. Maybe then my entire team will be awesome and strike fear into the eyes of the Magma organization!

Awesome, a more useful worm... bag... thing. Whatever it is, let's test it out on that snobby rich kid!

Because while my bagworm's poison was acting through your ferret thingy you just had it use growl and tail whip until you were tackled and poisoned to death. Buy something better next time.

I headed out into the forest to see what kind of critters it had in it. I met more worms and a few of the sparrow things until I met this:

I named it Andy, for some reason. I thought it looked like an Andy. At least I had an antidote for that poison my Leah got on it. Nasty stuff, really. It slowly melts away the skin until it just starts to come off.

I was running low on supplies, so I bought some items and healed at the Pokemon Center(Centre looks better and would sound classier...). I then headed straight back into the woods to fight the trainers who thought they were better than they are.

Really kid? Six worms? I should note, six worms that are LOWER LEVELED than the ones around you. How did you even expect to beat the wildlife? You couldn't defeat one bagworm and you say your team is good? Now it's dead. Have fun.

What the heck is a Shroomish? All I've seen are sparrows, worms, and bagworms.

So you knew of my presence! But this saves me the time of hunting YOU down! Prepare to...

Oh, you were talking to him. Still, PREPARE TO-

No, the coward just came and hid behind me. As I was-

That is IT! No one calls me a simple "kid" and gets away with it! I am the force of destruction sent by the Rockets to destroy your organization to put you in your place. Calling me a kid is like calling a meteor a pebble! Prepare to be destroyed, by a BAGWORM!

No, you just sat there using sand-attack and howl while my poison worked through your pokemon. Really, is everyone from this region retarded or something?

He just ran off... wuss.

You work for Devon, correct? Couldn't you like, get me a Rare Candy instead? They do have those in this region, right? Candy would be better than some two bit ball that I don't even need because these pokemon are able to be caught with a pokeball and when I do need the great balls they will be purchasable.

...and he runs off completely ignoring me. I hate Hoenn.

Yes. Become more powerful my bagworm!

YES! This can't possibly get any more awesome!

I've been sorely misinformed. I'M THE KING OF EVERYTHING! I am now the possessor of MOTHRA! I wonder if that other cocoon bagworm thingy becomes something this sweet.

Ok, it's moves suck. Let's train it up a bit to get it started.

Son of a growlithe, it got taken out by a sparrow. That's it, failure is not an option here.

Have fun getting digested, dilweed.

I finally exited the forest after tedious training. I came upon some weird dude spitting out what appeared to be seeds.

He gave me some weird disk thing. No idea what it does or how to use it.

I am not going in there. Let's see if any interesting critters live in the grass behind it. Also maybe steal some things they left in their backyard. You take what you can get, you know.

I hate these things so much. Might as well use that hatred to my advantage and train it to be a destroying machine! I'm gonna name it... Beldevere.

I ended up fighting some rich lady and a preppy girl. Both fell before the might of TOCO!

You know, thinking out loud isn't very good for you. Or others around you.

Now then, you had good pokemon. Too bad they still sucked. I'm gonna go over there and beat up those two little girls now.

Ack, they almost killed my ferret thingy!
    Happy birthday, ferret thing. GET STRONGER!

Much better.

Interesting. Show me what you've got!

You caught pokemon that CAN"T EVEN ATTACK! I am disappointed in you. I expected better than this.

I finally reached the town. The day was almost up and my first gym badge was in sight. I was closer to destroying Magma and completing the mission.

Huh, I wonder if his name is Cutter or his profession is a person that Cuts, because he could be a hairstylist, a logger, a paper maker... anything that has cutting in the proficiency listing. Let's find out.

I get it now! You are a gardener who uses pokemon to cut all the grass and bushes for you! Sneaker con artist! Ever considered a job with the Rockets? You could be our field-man! I'll let you think on it.

Ok, this is the moment of truth. I'm going to take this gym by storm and claim the badge which is rightfully mine. Let's do this!

Kid, arrange your pokemon weakest to strongest and then get your rock monsters stronger, you sort of suck. Ok, not sort of, you just suck.

You had a single pokemon, the same pokemon that the person before you had, only one level higher. You suck more than he does, because he at least had more than one beatstick.

Well duh! You are the only girl here and are standing on a platform that says "I am the Gym Leader. Step here ( - ) to challenge me."

Silence! I am not going to put up with your intolerance!
    You're being hypocritical.
    What do you mean I'm being hypocritical?
    By saying you won't put up with my intolerance you yourself are being intolerant.
    UGH! Shut up and battle!

I figured. This should be a piece of cake.
    What do you mean? This one of my strongest pokemon!
    It's one of two pokemon, probably the weakest of two. Anyways, you are using a living rock monster to fight me, just like the past four I just clobbered in the previous matches. Sure it is 3 levels higher, but it will still fall to my pokemon without a problem.
    I doubt tha- GEODUDE!
    Success! I told you it would work the same way!
    Grr... Go Nosepass!
    What is that supposed to be? Some sort of play-

Oh good JESUS! What IS that thing? It... has a huge nose... Bonnie, leave this up to a pokemon that has tricks up it's sleeves. Go Toco!
    A bird? You sent a bird to fight my rock monster? Wow, that's going-
    Supersonic!
    NOSEPASS! Stop hitting yourself!
    Now erode it with high pressure bursts of water!
    Fine, I concede. here's your badge.

You know, NO ONE HAS TOLD ME HOW TO USE THESE YET!!!
    Oh, all pokemon have a USB port in their head. Genetic engineering has allowed us to upload information directly to their heads via discs. By plugging in a Disk Driver USB to the pokemon, you can implant the data onto their small brains. Since their brains are so small, however, they can only remember four moves at a time. Also, all the data on a TM or Technical Machine gets removed when it is used. Hidden Machines, HMs, are disks that take longer to make and keep all their information when used. They can also never be forgotten.
    -yawn- Thanks for the info. Also, NERD!
    Jerk! Get out of my Gym!
    Heheh, worth it.

And thus the adventures of Johnny and crew have advanced, getting Johnny his first badge! What will fate bring our hero next? Find out next time!
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-07-18 at 09:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

...Happy birthday?

Do I detect a Monster Rancher player, or am I just crazy?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    ...Happy birthday?

Do I detect a Monster Rancher player, or am I just crazy?
    Guilty as charged.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Guilty as charged.
    I knew it!

Colt and Holly (I refuse to believe any MR games past 2 exist) throw the worst birthday parties ever, I swear.

They make up for it by air-dropping cake, though. Delicious cake.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

I liked the explanation for how TMs work.

...I also liked the Monster Rancher reference. (I acknowledge the existance of the advance games in addition to 1 and 2, but I own EVO and it can die in a fire.)
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    I liked the explanation for how TMs work.

...I also liked the Monster Rancher reference. (I acknowledge the existance of the advance games in addition to 1 and 2, but I own EVO and it can die in a fire.)
    Yeah, my introduction to the series were the advanced games. Then I got 1 and 2... and unfortunately EVO. I sold it within 24 hours to Half-Price Books. My soul is never going to recover though.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

The notion of training the monsters for a circus was pretty neat... But is not good enough to make up for the lack of focus on the monsters and the lack of focus on raising the monsters for the purpose monster rancher must intend for them: gladitorial dog-fights for our amusement. Also, it's not enough to make up for the fact that the actual circus bits were annoying.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

30. - Top - End - #30

Cool LP. Subscribe +1.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.