New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    One officially becomes a town at 2,000 people, at least in the US. I'm from a town of less than 3,000, and I assure you, we have quite a few gas stations. (only one grocery store nearby, but it's fairly big, so that was plenty).

The line where something is questionably a municipality is somewhere around 500 people, for me. If you arranged all of the houses in a row and can't get at least a few blocks out of it, then you may as well not bother giving an extra name to the place.
    Well, we don't really have any official classifications of population centres apart from just "population centre" ("tätort"), which starts at 200 inhabitants and less than 200 metres between the houses. From that, you just call it whatever feels the most appropriate...

And of course you have a lot of gas stations, you're 'Merican! You build the gas station before you've even built a road yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    That is a pretty good thing. Makes me a bit sad that I don't encounter some of my friends more often though. Mostly just the same two that I visit every weekend.
    Yeah, I usually don't see many of my friends either. I'm trying to change that though by dealing with my deeply rooted contact anxieties.

Hmm what exactly do you do in these courses?
    Well, the students learn imperative and object-oriented programming in C and Java, but as a lab assistent, my job will be to assist during the programming labs and help those who get stuck think in new ways.

Water is good and very important but as far as taste I prefer hot chocolate, cherry soda, and sweet tea. What is blackcurrant? *sips cocoa*
    Hmm, yeah, in sheer utility, nothing beats water, but when it comes to flavour, I think I'm going to say Julmust, sweet mead and blackcurrant squash.

And blackcurrant (or "black wineberries" as the Swedish name translates to) are small, grape-like berries which honestly aren't especially tasty when eaten raw, but make excellent squash and works really well when used in jam or cakes or the like as well. You'll just have to be careful to not use too much, because the flavour is rather strong and can easily take over...

Oh trust me I believe it. I'm always willing to dance if I have people pulling me into it, but otherwise I am not a fan. I don't think that I dance badly but it is easier for me to feel awkward while dancing than most other things.
    Yeah, I can't help but feel extremely self-aware when dancing. Dancing with others is great fun, but going out on even a crowded dancefloor alone isn't very fun at all...

ION: As I possibly mentioned, do not feel well. Don't know what's up with me. I feel weak, nauseous, achy, and overall ill. Last night was much worse, got sick a couple times, ended up just crashing on the couch with a fan pointed at me. Thing is I still have no clue what is wrong. If it was the heat, I should have started feeling better by now with all this cool air in here. If it was the food I ate last night, then I shouldn't be the only one sick, but I am. And it hit so fast, just all of a sudden. Also compounded by having a horrible headache last night, now it doesn't hurt any more but still feels heavy and hard to think, or move. Anyone have any ideas why or what this is or how I may fix it? Oh and add coughing to the symptoms. Other than all that, I guess just please hope for me to feel better soon. Ugh hate this...
    Oh no, try to rest much and I hope it will pass soon! *hugs of comfort*
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Um. My computer's doing a preboot system assessment build. A quick Google implies that my hard drive is shot. Any help?
    Okay... it fixed itself? Or something? Works now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Just got back from seeing Kickass 2. Aside from being half deaf and coughing up a quarter of my lungs every 20 minutes or so, it was pretty great.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Just got back from seeing Kickass 2. Aside from being half deaf and coughing up a quarter of my lungs every 20 minutes or so, it was pretty great.
    *hugs*

Get better soon! And I hope the rest of the moviegoers didn't get annoyed at your coughing...

Show

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    *hugs*

Get better soon! And I hope the rest of the moviegoers didn't get annoyed at your coughing...
    I'm sure my Dad didn't mind since we were sitting five seats away

(if you can't tell, the theatre was DEAD empty. And of course, THIS came, but not Pacific Rim...)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

(if you can't tell, the theatre was DEAD empty. And of course, THIS came, but not Pacific Rim...)
    *sees white text*

I would like to remind you that I'll probably see Pacific Rim soon.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    *sees white text*

I would like to remind you that I'll probably see Pacific Rim soon.
    Waaaargh *strangles with your own white neck back*

I'm kidding, I'd never strangle DPrime, he'd me friend. But...Pacific Riiiiiiiim

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

ION: As I possibly mentioned, do not feel well. Don't know what's up with me. I feel weak, nauseous, achy, and overall ill. Last night was much worse, got sick a couple times, ended up just crashing on the couch with a fan pointed at me. Thing is I still have no clue what is wrong. If it was the heat, I should have started feeling better by now with all this cool air in here. If it was the food I ate last night, then I shouldn't be the only one sick, but I am. And it hit so fast, just all of a sudden. Also compounded by having a horrible headache last night, now it doesn't hurt any more but still feels heavy and hard to think, or move. Anyone have any ideas why or what this is or how I may fix it? Oh and add coughing to the symptoms. Other than all that, I guess just please hope for me to feel better soon. Ugh hate this...
    Poor Haluesen. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    ION: If I'm not in bed straight after I arrive home (which will be 10pm my time), someone knock me out and tuck me in bed.
    I am so tempted to quote this...
    As I possibly mentioned, do not feel well. Don't know what's up with me. I feel weak, nauseous, achy, and overall ill. Last night was much worse, got sick a couple times, ended up just crashing on the couch with a fan pointed at me. Thing is I still have no clue what is wrong. If it was the heat, I should have started feeling better by now with all this cool air in here. If it was the food I ate last night, then I shouldn't be the only one sick, but I am. And it hit so fast, just all of a sudden. Also compounded by having a horrible headache last night, now it doesn't hurt any more but still feels heavy and hard to think, or move. Anyone have any ideas why or what this is or how I may fix it? Oh and add coughing to the symptoms. Other than all that, I guess just please hope for me to feel better soon. Ugh hate this...
    My condolences, comrade. I hope your illness will fade away fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Okay... it fixed itself? Or something? Works now.
    Hooray!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

Waaaargh *strangles with your own white neck back*

I'm kidding, I'd never strangle DPrime, he'd me friend. But...Pacific Riiiiiiiim
    I say these things out of love.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    I say these things out of love.
    And I say these things out of DIE.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Well well well, though my face still be half horrible mutant, I have a date tomorrow afternoon with a handsome PhD student. This world certainly throws its various gifts high-speed with little chance to catch breath between.

Good health to Haluesen, and drinks of choice to all emblandished bantrites: many crushings of black wineberries for Finnion; clear crisp mead chilled in a fast spring for Teddillius; Dr. Pepper's gran reserva for Amadou (it's 2001, a good year for root marm). And even some sencha, mild, sweet and grassy, for Taet and Tailiu, and wine for all others, wine as yellow as morning sun in the dew, wine as red as the spilled blood of a pure sacrifice in the temples of marble, wine as dark as the shadows in the caves of the monks.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Well well well, though my face still be half horrible mutant, I have a date tomorrow afternoon with a handsome PhD student. This world certainly throws its various gifts high-speed with little chance to catch breath between.
    Most wonderful! I hope things work well between you two.
    And even some sencha, mild, sweet and grassy, for Taet and Tailiu...
    Why, thank you. Stay for a cup, won't you?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

So first mugged.. Then getting a date. You get all the luck. Nah, happy for you Nibbles! Fortune came out of the misfortune. Perhaps you'll get lucky.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yes, when life has something in plans for you, expect it to be a handful, and throw you in all directions all at once. But remember to savour the good moments at their fullest, and don't shy away from the bad, and you'll emerge all the stronger afterwards. :3

Good health to Haluesen, and drinks of choice to all emblandished bantrites: many crushings of black wineberries for Finnion; clear crisp mead chilled in a fast spring for Teddillius; Dr. Pepper's gran reserva for Amadou (it's 2001, a good year for root marm). And even some sencha, mild, sweet and grassy, for Taet and Tailiu, and wine for all others, wine as yellow as morning sun in the dew, wine as red as the spilled blood of a pure sacrifice in the temples of marble, wine as dark as the shadows in the caves of the monks.
    Oh, this all sounds so good, but I guess I should only have a sip of the others' wine, or the mead will all go to my head, and while good drink in good company is the recipe for a good time, I think it's for the best for all of you if I retain my ability for clear enunciation.

Show

16. - Top - End - #166

Good luck Knee! Guess looking a little rugged helped a little

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

*laps up his wine*

*laps up water*

*laps up every beverage available to him*

IT'S HOT HERE RIGHT NOW.
    LIKE, HOT ENOUGH THAT WE HAVE A HEAT ADVISORY TELLING US NOT TO DO THINGS OUTSIDE AND TO GO PLACES WITH AIR CONDITIONING.
    HOT ENOUGH THAT I HAVE THREE FANS POINTED AT ME AND HAVE GONE THROUGH TWO BOTTLES OF WATER IN THE PAST HALF HOUR.
    HOT ENOUGH THAT MY DAD SENT ME A FACEBOOK MESSAGE TELLING ME TO STAY WITH MY SISTER INSTEAD OF IN MY DORM BECAUSE HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT MY WELL-BEING.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

18. - Top - End - #168

Times like this I'm glad I live in a frozen barren wasteland. Hope things cool down for you Dimonite.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    *laps up his wine*

*laps up water*

IT'S HOT HERE RIGHT NOW.
    LIKE, HOT ENOUGH THAT WE HAVE A HEAT ADVISORY TELLING US NOT TO DO THINGS OUTSIDE AND TO GO PLACES WITH AIR CONDITIONING.
    HOT ENOUGH THAT I HAVE THREE FANS POINTED AT ME AND HAVE GONE THROUGH TWO BOTTLES OF WATER IN THE PAST HALF HOUR.
    HOT ENOUGH THAT MY DAD SENT ME A FACEBOOK MESSAGE TELLING ME TO STAY WITH MY SISTER INSTEAD OF IN MY DORM BECAUSE HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT MY WELL-BEING.
    I could take some of your heat. This summer has been quite dry for me, but never especially much more than just warm, and I thrive at higher temperatures...

Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

*laps up his wine*

*laps up water*

IT'S HOT HERE RIGHT NOW.
    If you don't mind my asking, where do you live?
    This avatar by Phase.

21. - Top - End - #171

Times like this I'm glad I live in a frozen barren wasteland. Hope things cool down for you Dimonite.
    I want to just go crawl onto a glacier or something...

I could take some of your heat. This summer has been quite dry for me, but never especially much more than just warm, and I thrive at higher temperatures...
    Well, there's no such thing as a dry summer here. Even when it's not raining, it's always humid. As for myself, I'm usually fine with some heat, just not quite with 90 degrees Fahrenheit with a dew point of 72.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, where do you live?
    Winona, Minnesota.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-08-25 at 12:08 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

I want to just go crawl onto a glacier or something...

Well, there's no such thing as a dry summer here. Even when it's not raining, it's always humid. As for myself, I'm usually fine with some heat, just not quite with 90 degrees Fahrenheit with a dew point of 72.

Winona, Minnesota.
    Two days ago my brother and I did the lawn in 100 degree weather at (what i think was[don't remember the exact number]) 82% humidity.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-08-25 at 12:33 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yeah, I usually don't see many of my friends either. I'm trying to change that though by dealing with my deeply rooted contact anxieties.

Well, the students learn imperative and object-oriented programming in C and Java, but as a lab assistent, my job will be to assist during the programming labs and help those who get stuck think in new ways.

Hmm, yeah, in sheer utility, nothing beats water, but when it comes to flavour, I think I'm going to say Julmust, sweet mead and blackcurrant squash.

And blackcurrant (or "black wineberries" as the Swedish name translates to) are small, grape-like berries which honestly aren't especially tasty when eaten raw, but make excellent squash and works really well when used in jam or cakes or the like as well. You'll just have to be careful to not use too much, because the flavour is rather strong and can easily take over...

Yeah, I can't help but feel extremely self-aware when dancing. Dancing with others is great fun, but going out on even a crowded dancefloor alone isn't very fun at all...

Oh no, try to rest much and I hope it will pass soon! *hugs of comfort*
    Ah I see. Well then I wish you the best in dealing with that. The only reason I don't see or talk to my other friends much is that I am bad at remember to call or text.

Oh that pretty cool! It's like being the teacher! In that case then I wish you very well with your endeavor.

Huh, pretty interesting.

Heh everyone gets anxieties with something. For me it is dancing and public speaking, and singing in a not-karaoke setting. Though oddly enough I did do just fine in a school play before.

Sigh, I hope so too. Was feeling terrible the other night, feeling better but not great yesterday morning, throughout the day got to feeling better, and when I woke up this morning back to feeling like crap. I have absolutely no clue what is up with my health.

I am very jelly of the movie going. It sounds so awesome! Deafness and coughing not so much, but I am confident you will feel better soon Zodi, so please recover!

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Poor Haluesen. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*
    Awe thank you very much. *hugs* I'm going through weirdness. Started feeling better yesterday, now I'm feeling sick again. It's very strange and disorienting.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    My condolences, comrade. I hope your illness will fade away fast.!
    Thanks muchly Tai, I certainly hope so too. As mentioned above, sickness came back when I thought I was done with it.

Awe well congrats! I hope your date goes very well, and I am superly happy for you.

Thank you much here too. So many nice people here... Hmm I would love to partake of some of that glorious sounding wine...once I am well. Gotta take care of myself absolutely. But when I feel better, I absolutely will rejoice!
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Currently spending a week at Cape Cod. Any small chance other people are in the area for an impromptu meetup?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #175

I took the good weather somehow. Sorry. It has been cool mornings to cover the compost piles with dry leaves and give them water. They can hold the water all day and bring up worms and compost faster. Also I pruned the trees from the ladder this time and have more branches for more leaves next month when I will plant the winter peas. And trimmed grass edges and pulled weeds. Popper weeds were going to pop soon so that had to happen now but I am glad it was cool.

A movie theater that is almost empty is the best kind. Except for that the sound is still tuned to a theater full of people. But with a few friends it is the best. Nobody complains if you bring your own food or run in the theater or shout back at the screen.

One officially becomes a town at 2,000 people, at least in the US. I'm from a town of less than 3,000, and I assure you, we have quite a few gas stations. (only one grocery store nearby, but it's fairly big, so that was plenty).

The line where something is questionably a municipality is somewhere around 500 people, for me. If you arranged all of the houses in a row and can't get at least a few blocks out of it, then you may as well not bother giving an extra name to the place.
    That doesn't work out here. One farm can be as big as a few blocks and have just one house on it. Most of the farms have more than one mobile home on it too but the thumb rule still doesn't work. And the cattle farms are bigger than that.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

IT'S HOT HERE RIGHT NOW.
    ...You live in Minnesota. How hot can it possibly be? 30*C? You'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    That doesn't work out here. One farm can be as big as a few blocks and have just one house on it. Most of the farms have more than one mobile home on it too but the thumb rule still doesn't work. And the cattle farms are bigger than that.
    ...I'm from a predominantly rural area; I know. Those aren't towns, though.
    A few odds and ends.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, we don't get arid summers, but there hasn't been even close to a lot of rain this year (a complete antithesis of last summer, when it rained for a full month straight)...

Ah I see. Well then I wish you the best in dealing with that. The only reason I don't see or talk to my other friends much is that I am bad at remember to call or text.
    Thanks!

Oh that pretty cool! It's like being the teacher! In that case then I wish you very well with your endeavor.
    Yeah, but with less responsibilities and a closer personal contact. :3

Heh everyone gets anxieties with something. For me it is dancing and public speaking, and singing in a not-karaoke setting. Though oddly enough I did do just fine in a school play before.
    Yeah, it's funny. But I know I'm dealing with mine now, and it feels good.

Sigh, I hope so too. Was feeling terrible the other night, feeling better but not great yesterday morning, throughout the day got to feeling better, and when I woke up this morning back to feeling like crap. I have absolutely no clue what is up with my health.
    *hugs*

Do you have any form of medical advice phone line you can call in situations like these? Otherwise, I suggest you go and see a doctor about this...

...You live in Minnesota. How hot can it possibly be? 30*C? You'll live.
    Well, he said 90°F, whatever that means...

ION:
    I had pineapple, which is lots of yum and nom and corrosion damage on my lips and tongue. I even had to get a glass of milk to dip half my face into just to stop the acids from messing up my lips too badly. From this I learned two things:
    1. It works.
    2. You'll look really derpy doing it.

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

IT'S HOT HERE RIGHT NOW.
    OH NO. STAY SAFE DIMONITE.
    Thank you muchly Tai, I certainly hope so too. As mentioned above, sickness came back when I thought I was done with it.
    Oh, dear. Let us hope that this relapse won't last long.
    You'll look really derpy doing it.
    Hm. Exactly how derpy...?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Hm. Exactly how derpy...?
    Well, imagine youself walking with you lips pushed as deep as possible into a glass filled nigh to the brim and walking around with that because just staying in the kitchen is boring (and you'll need to wash your face afterwards anyway)...

Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Well, imagine youself walking with you lips pushed as deep as possible into a glass filled nigh to the brim and walking around with that because just staying in the kitchen is boring (and you'll need to wash your face afterwards anyway)...
    Huh. How amusing!