New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    ION:
    I had pineapple, which is lots of yum and nom and corrosion damage on my lips and tongue. I even had to get a glass of milk to dip half my face into just to stop the acids from messing up my lips too badly. From this I learned two things:
    1. It works.
    2. You'll look really derpy doing it.
    Huh. Never tried doing that.

Don't like pineapple much - makes the inside of my mouth all tingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

I have to admit, I've never run into this acidic aspect of pineapple before, and I've eaten it plenty of times. Granted, usually I don't eat all that much of it at a time, usually only about 3, maybe 4 rings and I'm good, but that's mostly because of the sugar content/feeling of sweetness. Maybe it was eating oranges all the time growing up because they were cheapish due to living nearish to the groves and my dad loves oranges due to growing up with some orange groves as neighbors.

Also, this thing. I don't remember who inflicted it upon me, but here it is.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-08-25 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Two days ago my brother and I did the lawn in 100 degree weather at (what i think was[don't remember the exact number]) 82% humidity.
    Well that's just poor planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    ...You live in Minnesota. How hot can it possibly be? 30*C? You'll live.
    Currently, southern Minnesota is actually warmer than Alabama and the same temperature as Texas. And it's only supposed to get warmer throughout the week. And I live at the top of a poorly-ventilated, un-air-conditioned cinder block building.

But yes, I plan on surviving.

Yeah, we don't get arid summers, but there hasn't been even close to a lot of rain this year (a complete antithesis of last summer, when it rained for a full month straight)...
    Ah, I misunderstood. Well, we've been getting plenty of rain here. Although if it rains this week everyone's going to be jumpy about tornadoes.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    OH NO. STAY SAFE DIMONITE.
    I'LL TRY.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Huh. Never tried doing that.

Don't like pineapple much - makes the inside of my mouth all tingly.
    Yeah, I hadn't before either, but my lips were feeling sticky and rubbery, and the corners were starting to itch, so I thought I'd better try something basic, and milk was the closest at hand...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Well that's just poor planning.
    That was the cool part of the day, Dimonite
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I have to admit, I've never run into this acidic aspect of pineapple before, and I've eaten it plenty of times. Granted, usually I don't eat all that much of it at a time, usually only about 3, maybe 4 rings and I'm good, but that's mostly because of the sugar content/feeling of sweetness. Maybe it was eating oranges all the time growing up because they were cheapish due to living nearish to the groves and my dad loves oranges due to growing up with some orange groves as neighbors.

Also, this thing. I don't remember who inflicted it upon me, but here it is.
    Canned pineapple is generally sweeter. Canned fruit in general is, really. Is what you have fresh or canned or some other sort of preserved?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Canned pineapple is generally sweeter. Canned fruit in general is, really. Is what you have fresh or canned or some other sort of preserved?
    Indeed. Sweeter, and less acidic. Much less acidic.

Show

8. - Top - End - #188

NecromancerGuy

These days, usually canned. We had it fresh more often back when we lived in warmer parts of the world though. Maybe young mouths are better able to deal with acid?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

These days, usually canned. We had it fresh more often back when we lived in warmer parts of the world though. Maybe young mouths are better able to deal with acid?
    Don't think so. It's not too strong, though - it's possible that the years and a past taste for slightly sour snacks blur that away.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

*nods* You should take a picture in the sunlight, then.

Let me put it this way... there are more people in that city than there are in my county. Actually, if you took the whole county where my uni is and where my family lives and put them together, it's still less than 200'000 people.
    I shall have to remember to get around to that then. As well as all the other things I need to get around to.

My old shire was under two hundred thousand, but that hardly counts as we're right next to Brisbane here, with the only thing preventing continuous development being low lying land that floods regularly.
    But then, those statistics are old because they amalgamated the councils a few years back.

Very cold? So, -20°C and below?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's when you first drop into the town territory by my standards after just falling under the generally iffy label of "population centre"... Okay, the line is probably drawn a bit closer to 5000, but it should be large enough to have at least one filling station and one grocery store locally.
    Cold for here. If it had of gotten that low, then it would be a clear sign that something has gone terribly wrong with climate.

Here in Australia, well, Queensland at least, towns are considered towns as soon as they have more than a few houses. But then, we are so sparsely populated outside of the major centres that any degree of settlement big enough to have more than a few houses is a break in the monotony of long distance road travel. For example: Jimna, population 113 in 2006.
    In other countries, this would be considered as either a hamlet or a village, but we call it a town because we're strange.
    And a grocery store and petrol station? Grand extravagances for small towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Well well well, though my face still be half horrible mutant, I have a date tomorrow afternoon with a handsome PhD student. This world certainly throws its various gifts high-speed with little chance to catch breath between.
    I wish you the best of luck with your afternoon.

ION:
    I had pineapple, which is lots of yum and nom and corrosion damage on my lips and tongue. I even had to get a glass of milk to dip half my face into just to stop the acids from messing up my lips too badly. From this I learned two things:
    1. It works.
    Hmm... When I have pineapple, it never requires such drastic measures... Perhaps the time it takes for shipping it intensifies the acidity? I suggest moving to a more tropical locality where pineapples can be grown nearby.

But as for the matter of tinned or fresh, either is good, but tinned is more convenient when one wants the delicious taste of pineapple without having to go out an buy one. I for one, am not walking down to the local fruit market just to buy a pineapple.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Are you people eating radioactive pineapple? I've never had that problem. Course, the ones we get here are relatively fresh.

I would totally buy myself one, except it's such a chore actually preparing one. I feel as if I need an icepick. Or at least a diamond-bit rotary saw.

Weird heat here too. I actually woke up earlier because of it. That hasn't happened in a while.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

I sometimes have issues with pineapples. Depends on if I've eaten something else that I'm sensitive to, how much I eat it plus how ripe the pineapple is. If the pineapple is in its perfect form in terms of ripeness and all that jazz, it doesn't do anything to me.

I'm feeling dead. Woke up at 8.30 today to fetch my new glasses at 9 from the shop, only to realise it would've been nicer to sleep for a bit longer as my last night's sleeping plan didn't really go as expected. Stupid brain, keeping me up for an extra hour or two, saying "So, Finn... Let's think about your life for a second here!".
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. I on the other hand fell asleep late because I put my music just a leetle bit too loud, so I lay awake listening to it before I finally nodded off.

And then the blinding sunshine and weird heat woke me up early.

Oh well. Nothing a few pots of coffee can't fix.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Heh. I on the other hand fell asleep late because I put my music just a leetle bit too loud, so I lay awake listening to it before I finally nodded off.

And then the blinding sunshine and weird heat woke me up early.

Oh well. Nothing a few pots of coffee can't fix.
    What was the music on your stereos, o Feyfey?

I always, ALWAYS wake up to the nearby clocktower's 8AM dingdongdingdongggssss and it drives me nuts.

You listen to a lot of Finnish music and seem to consume coffee with a Finnish mentality... Soon you'll have a Finnish citizenship too, eh?!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

15. - Top - End - #195

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I'm feeling dead. Woke up at 8.30 today to fetch my new glasses at 9 from the shop, only to realise it would've been nicer to sleep for a bit longer as my last night's sleeping plan didn't really go as expected. Stupid brain, keeping me up for an extra hour or two, saying "So, Finn... Let's think about your life for a second here!".
    That's usually when I shut down my brain by thinking about cats. Or women, but women's the subject matter that usually gets me started on that kind of reverie in the first place.

Speaking of pineapples though, have any of you ever had grilled pineapple before? What about on a burger?
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Is it bad that I startled myself when posting the first post since changing my avatar a few days ago, and didn't immediately recognise the avatar as my normal one?

Also, Mmmm.. Pineapples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Is it bad that I startled myself when posting the first post since changing my avatar a few days ago, and didn't immediately recognise the avatar as my normal one?
    I nearly splurted out my water on the screen when I read that edit on your post on the other thread.

It's ok, KuReshtin. I've been there. Although, usually after changing my avatar I just go "now, where the heck did my post go, and why does this person's post look like mine... oh wait, it's me".
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

I've only ever changed my avatar once. From generic OOTS guy to this one. It's likely to stay like that for ever.

What was the music on your stereos, o Feyfey?

I always, ALWAYS wake up to the nearby clocktower's 8AM dingdongdingdongggssss and it drives me nuts.

You listen to a lot of Finnish music and seem to consume coffee with a Finnish mentality... Soon you'll have a Finnish citizenship too, eh?!
    This time was Alcest's Les Voyages De L'âme, which segued into I don't know what because I was asleep by that time I woke up with Lumsk's Det Vilde Kor.

Alcest is wonderful sleep music.

I didn't know drinking copious amounts of coffee was a Finnish thing! If so, then where do I sign up?

Speaking of pineapples though, have any of you ever had grilled pineapple before? What about on a burger?
    Yup. It's certainly a thing. A thing I probably won't ever have again.

19. - Top - End - #199

I sometimes have issues with pineapples. Depends on if I've eaten something else that I'm sensitive to, how much I eat it plus how ripe the pineapple is. If the pineapple is in its perfect form in terms of ripeness and all that jazz, it doesn't do anything to me.

I sometimes have issues with pineapples too. The issue is that "I do not currently have pineapple inside me, and that's terrible".

I hate when that happens X_X

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I sometimes have issues with pineapples too. The issue is that "I do not currently have pineapple inside me, and that's terrible".

Hehehehehe. This reminds me, I'm feeling far too ill to go out and buy myself a pineapple. Gah. I just love buying a whole pineapple and then waiting for a day or two for it to ripen, and then cut it in bits and consume it in utter euphoria! My favourite fruit! *drools*

*hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    This time was Alcest's Les Voyages De L'âme, which segued into I don't know what because I was asleep by that time I woke up with Lumsk's Det Vilde Kor.

Alcest is wonderful sleep music.

I didn't know drinking copious amounts of coffee was a Finnish thing! If so, then where do I sign up?
    Hmm... I believe I will have to look these up tonight.

As far as I remember, Finns consume the most coffee per person in the world.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2013-08-26 at 11:02 AM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

21. - Top - End - #201

I cannot reach the friends who are in trouble because they have many friends around them helping. This is good. I'm not needed. Why do I feel bad about this still? And no more details even in PM sorry this is not my trouble to talk about.

Hehehehehe. This reminds me, I'm feeling far too ill to go out and buy myself a pineapple. Gah. I just love buying a whole pineapple and then waiting for a day or two for it to ripen, and then cut it in bits and consume it in utter euphoria! My favourite fruit! *drools*
    How can you wait? It's there and it's pineapple!
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    How can you wait? It's there and it's pineapple!
    Because it's not ripe and it would most likely (read: it does) taste horrible?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

I'll admit, fresh pineapple smell is great.

Hmm... I believe I will have to look these up tonight.

As far as I remember, Finns consume the most coffee per person in the world.
    Oh, I have tons of sleep-music. Newly-discovered Nest is now part of my collection.

That's pretty interesting, actually... I wonder why?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thanks!

Yeah, but with less responsibilities and a closer personal contact. :3

Yeah, it's funny. But I know I'm dealing with mine now, and it feels good.

*hugs*

Do you have any form of medical advice phone line you can call in situations like these? Otherwise, I suggest you go and see a doctor about this...

ION:
    1. It works.
    Heh I'm pretty sure those are perks. Are they?

I would love to go see a doctor. Problem is, I live in America. So I need medical insurance or a job to have the money to pay for a doctor's visit. I am too old to have Medi-Cal, too young to get Medi-care, and don't fit any other criteria for medical insurance (disabilities, single parent, stuff like that), so I can't go to the doctor without paying a crapton on money that I don't have. And if the doc wanted to do a blood test then that would be a deal breaker right there. Don't care how sick I get, not having my blood drawn.

This is in response to all the pineapple conversation that I missed: you people all like pineapple?

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oh, dear. Let us hope that this relapse won't last long.
    To be honest, I've been having stomach problems for nearly a year now. Grandma thinks it is either some kind of anxious stomach condition or acid reflux. But even when my stomach is having a bad time it was nothing like those couple days. Now though? Now I feel fine. A little disoriented from having slept as long as I did but other than that I am peachy.

ION: ...I don't really have other news. Gonna go home in a couple hours, do school stuff, maybe play Fallout or Morrowind or Dragon Age. Not a lot else. Yay for health improvement!
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    To be honest, I've been having stomach problems for nearly a year now. Grandma thinks it is either some kind of anxious stomach condition or acid reflux. But even when my stomach is having a bad time it was nothing like those couple days. Now though? Now I feel fine. A little disoriented from having slept as long as I did but other than that I am peachy.

ION: ...I don't really have other news. Gonna go home in a couple hours, do school stuff, maybe play Fallout or Morrowind or Dragon Age. Not a lot else. Yay for health improvement!
    Glad you're feeling better!

I still need to play the Fallouts...I own them, just haven't gotten around to it. And now that I have Skyrim......

Oh, Morrowind! You wonderful game, you.

How is Dragon Age? I've heard mixed reviews...though from the sounds of it, we have similar tastes in Video Games, so I'll take your opinion more heartily.

Speaking of -

ION: Majora's Mask race was a disaster. Our camera's kept acting up, so the recordings are all out of wack, or non existant in some cases, and then halfway through the second temple (with me getting my but kicked) my N64 froze. Due to the save system in that game, I lost ALL of my progress from that rotation, which meant I had to forfeit.

Then we tried again, doing a different point system. Unfortunately, after like the first hour, he didn't like the point system we were doing, and was done for the day. Therefore, I felt like I'd wasted a whole day getting nothing accomplished. I mean, I wouldn't have gotten much accomplished by finishing the race...but I felt the whole effort was just a futile waste of time, and left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-08-26 at 01:44 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Glad you're feeling better!

I still need to play the Fallouts...I own them, just haven't gotten around to it. And now that I have Skyrim......

Oh, Morrowind! You wonderful game, you.

How is Dragon Age? I've heard mixed reviews...though from the sounds of it, we have similar tastes in Video Games, so I'll take your opinion more heartily.

Speaking of -

ION: Majora's Mask race was a disaster. Our camera's kept acting up, so the recordings are all out of wack, or non existant in some cases, and then halfway through the second temple (with me getting my but kicked) my N64 froze. Due to the save system in that game, I lost ALL of my progress from that rotation, which meant I had to forfeit.

Then we tried again, doing a different point system. Unfortunately, after like the first hour, he didn't like the point system we were doing, and was done for the day. Therefore, I felt like I'd wasted a whole day getting nothing accomplished. I mean, I wouldn't have gotten much accomplished by finishing the race...but I felt the whole effort was just a futile waste of time, and left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
    Thank you very much!

I've only played 3 and New Vegas. 3 was pretty cool but I honestly love New Vegas, mostly for all the cool dialogue options and the various interesting ways to complete many quests. But I can understand putting them off for Skyrim. It's great too.

Yeah it is still very fun, even after all this time. Especially since I have learned about mods.

Well as far as gameplay, it's hit and miss. It's workable but nothing exciting. Though I do like the character building. The characters are interesting though, dialogue can be fun, and I do enjoy the story. Especially with the official content, there's some interesting stuff there. If you are looking for more actiony gameplay then I don't really recommend it, but I would recommend it anyway just for the characters. So yeah, I found it great fun. Though truth be told, gameplay is more fun as a Mage because of all of the abilities available, but easier to conquer as Rogue because all of the ways to build up backstab damage.

Aww that is terrible. I'm sorry for all the problems you two had with it. I hope you both get things worked out soon, or something. Started replaying that game myself, and I absolutely know what you mean by the save system.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Don't think so. It's not too strong, though - it's possible that the years and a past taste for slightly sour snacks blur that away.
    Well, we need to make a distinction between sour and acidic here, because pineapple isn't especially sour to start with, but has some rather strong acid (or otherwise corrosive substance) in it which I can't track down which on it is. I remember pineapple being the only fruit capable of dissolving something, but I can't remember what...

Cold for here. If it had of gotten that low, then it would be a clear sign that something has gone terribly wrong with climate.
    Heh, yeah...

Here in Australia, well, Queensland at least, towns are considered towns as soon as they have more than a few houses. But then, we are so sparsely populated outside of the major centres that any degree of settlement big enough to have more than a few houses is a break in the monotony of long distance road travel. For example: Jimna, population 113 in 2006.
    In other countries, this would be considered as either a hamlet or a village, but we call it a town because we're strange.
    And a grocery store and petrol station? Grand extravagances for small towns.
    Well, if no house is further away than 150 metres from all other, I think that'll qualify as a "småort" by our standards, which just means it's a complete nowhere...

Hmm... When I have pineapple, it never requires such drastic measures... Perhaps the time it takes for shipping it intensifies the acidity? I suggest moving to a more tropical locality where pineapples can be grown nearby.
    Hmm, it may be so that they're shipped partially unripened to better preserve them during the journey, and that they haven't quite gotten the chance to ripen their fullest over here yet...

But as for the matter of tinned or fresh, either is good, but tinned is more convenient when one wants the delicious taste of pineapple without having to go out an buy one. I for one, am not walking down to the local fruit market just to buy a pineapple.
    Well, buy it together with other fresh greens then.

I think my skin may be sensitive, because it always start to itch at the corners of my mouth for me, but yeah, it depends greatly on the pineapple...

Hehehe, that's such a cute sentiment! :3

Heh I'm pretty sure those are perks. Are they?
    They're all perks, yes!

I would love to go see a doctor. Problem is, I live in America. So I need medical insurance or a job to have the money to pay for a doctor's visit. I am too old to have Medi-Cal, too young to get Medi-care, and don't fit any other criteria for medical insurance (disabilities, single parent, stuff like that), so I can't go to the doctor without paying a crapton on money that I don't have. And if the doc wanted to do a blood test then that would be a deal breaker right there. Don't care how sick I get, not having my blood drawn.
    Rough. I'm happy to live where I live...

And yeah, trypanophobia is a problem...

This is in response to all the pineapple conversation that I missed: you people all like pineapple?
    Seems so. :smallyum:

Yay for health improvement indeed! :3

*hugs*

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, that sounds vexing. Feel better soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I cannot reach the friends who are in trouble because they have many friends around them helping. This is good. I'm not needed. Why do I feel bad about this still? And no more details even in PM sorry this is not my trouble to talk about.
    My condolences for your friends.
    My condolences, comrade. If it makes you feel better, not having government-sponsored health insurance means that you have enough money not to need it. That's good, yes?
    Pineapple is good. Not as good as lemon, but fairly tasty.
    Yay for health improvement!
    Yay!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    So first mugged.. Then getting a date. You get all the luck. Nah, happy for you Nibbles! Fortune came out of the misfortune. Perhaps you'll get lucky.
    What can I say, even with a broken face I know how to work it. Is it in bad taste to play up the pity angle just a little bit? It sure brought out his nurturing side.

Oh yes, when life has something in plans for you, expect it to be a handful, and throw you in all directions all at once. But remember to savour the good moments at their fullest, and don't shy away from the bad, and you'll emerge all the stronger afterwards. :3

Oh, this all sounds so good, but I guess I should only have a sip of the others' wine, or the mead will all go to my head, and while good drink in good company is the recipe for a good time, I think it's for the best for all of you if I retain my ability for clear enunciation.
    You speak genuinely, Teddifer. You have perhaps yourself emerged all the stronger from your mental perturbations earlier this summer, and purchased this wisdom at its dear universal price of suffering.

"With respect to the good Teddy's wishes, Mr. Speaker, I purport that all of us present wish to hear his pronunciation become silly after a few drinks; for it will cheer our hearts if his accent thicken, and he lapse for spells into his native tongue which delights and amazes our ears. I therefore move that he be obliged to have a few more sips than his reservations would normally permit: for the entertainment of all, and the greatest good."

Good luck Knee! Guess looking a little rugged helped a little
    Let us not say rugged, unless the Toxic Avenger be rugged.

How are you feeling now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    *laps up his wine*

*laps up water*

*laps up every beverage available to him*

IT'S HOT HERE RIGHT NOW.
    LIKE, HOT ENOUGH THAT WE HAVE A HEAT ADVISORY TELLING US NOT TO DO THINGS OUTSIDE AND TO GO PLACES WITH AIR CONDITIONING.
    HOT ENOUGH THAT I HAVE THREE FANS POINTED AT ME AND HAVE GONE THROUGH TWO BOTTLES OF WATER IN THE PAST HALF HOUR.
    HOT ENOUGH THAT MY DAD SENT ME A FACEBOOK MESSAGE TELLING ME TO STAY WITH MY SISTER INSTEAD OF IN MY DORM BECAUSE HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT MY WELL-BEING.
    Dimonitus is choking. Thailily! Thailily, quickly! Pour water on his hands. Give him snow to eat. Loosen his mantle. Quick! Quick! Loosen his mantle. Nay, but leave it. It is his garland that hurts him, his garland of roses. The flowers are like fire. They have burned his forehead. Tear it from his head and throw it on the table, Thailily!

Ah! You see, he can breathe now. How red those petals are! They are like stains of blood on the cloth. That does not matter. You must not find symbols in everything you see. It makes life impossible.

Sigh, I hope so too. Was feeling terrible the other night, feeling better but not great yesterday morning, throughout the day got to feeling better, and when I woke up this morning back to feeling like crap. I have absolutely no clue what is up with my health.

Awe well congrats! I hope your date goes very well, and I am superly happy for you.

Thank you much here too. So many nice people here... Hmm I would love to partake of some of that glorious sounding wine...once I am well. Gotta take care of myself absolutely. But when I feel better, I absolutely will rejoice!
    Here is a budgie in a slinky for your comfort, since I have no other medicine to offer just now.
    Spoiler
    Show

My date went fabulously, thank you, and in the mean time I insist that you have some wine now. It will make you feel better for a time.

It has been so long since I've had a fresh pineapple -- some six or eight weeks since the one we ate at my brother's cabin that was so sweet and so fragrant. All this talk of them has kindled a hunger in me, for the scent that puffs forth from the glistening wetness of its flesh, for the juicy flavour, and for the wet-cloth-ripping-like sound as the shiny plane of the knife descends into its body.

*makes a nest in your hair when you go to bed to preen your eyebrows and tweet silly nonsense that negates anxiety as a strong wind blows away smoke*

edit
    Two other things.

AMADOU, DID YOU ENJOY YOUR GRAN RESERVA ROOT MARM?! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME IF YOU HAD ANY!

Wombattius, are you recovered from the turmoil of your disastrous road trip?

editedit

*nibbles Elemental gently about the ear, chirruping in a distracting fashion, while a few agents sneak into his things to swipe his ring*
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-08-26 at 03:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Dimonitus is choking. Thailily! Thailily, quickly! Pour water on his hands. Give him snow to eat. Loosen his mantle. Quick! Quick! Loosen his mantle. Nay, but leave it. It is his garland that hurts him, his garland of roses. The flowers are like fire. They have burned his forehead. Tear it from his head and throw it on the table, Thailily!

Ah! You see, he can breathe now. How red those petals are! They are like stains of blood on the cloth. That does not matter. You must not find symbols in everything you see. It makes life impossible.
    I'm not sure what this is, but it's beautiful. IRN: it's EVEN HOTTER today. Heat index is over 100 outside, and my room is essentially an oven, so I'll be staying with my sister. I already tried walking there, but since I'm the MOST directionally challenged, I walked half a mile due the wrong direction, and am now sitting in the one air-conditioned spot on campus, where the power just went out. I'm about to set out again. Wish me luck.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.