New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Anatolij shakes his head. He'll wait for the ambulance wordlessly. When it appears, the personell will try to load the infected people inside. A combat cleric arrives with the ambulance and tries to cast disease-curing spells on the survivors, hoping to slow down the infection.
    Red Zone
    One of the kids is too far gone and goes into the final stages.
    The transformation stage.
    The father is close as well and cannot be saved, while the mother and other child are in the early stages and the cure disease spells slow the virus down, but alas does not remove it entirely.
    Only the cure that Umbrella has(or Elena's clone) would be able to do that.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #872

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Corner of Cirrus and Arkham]

Ohgodthepain. Isaac barely manages not to scream as the giant dog bites deep into his side. Years of training as a summoner has trained him to keep his composure, and the pain of getting Banishment was far greater than this. So he makes his move quickly. Seeing the pumpkin-man going for the caniform, he raises a hand and tries to... touch What's pumpkin with a bloody finger? He'll quickly, using his own blood as a medium, try to trace a red pentacle on the squash. So he can immediately mutter an incantation and try to summon three angry demonic wasps right inside What's "head".
    I wish those wasps the best of luck.

With the Carniform dead, What opts to try to grab Isaac's arm. Oh Jegus, no. What, please...don't. I'm begging you, don't do this. You don't want to do this, What.

...Gods forgive me, I couldn't stop him. I couldn't talk him out of it.

Needless to say, Isaac is in serious trouble if What gets a hold of him. Isaac is going to be hefted right off the ground. Isaac is going to be pointed at Anya, as a strange buzzing goes about in What's head. Isaac is going to be reeled back, yanked a step or two away, and then thrown into the air. Isaac is going to be hammered with Mjolnir, hit from below with an underhand swing, and fired like a human torpedo right at Anya.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #873
    Orc in the Playground

[Corner of Cirrus and Arkham]

Summoned, two of the three demon wasps will immediately attempt to burst out of the pumpkin and then angrily try to mutilate it with lance-like stingers. The third will try to burrow through the pumpkin-flesh down and into What's body underneath his suit. If he has one.

Isaac is grabbed! Oh no, he's going to get thrown! And he has no more tricks up his sleeve!

Except one! The two invisible imps finally get back from their scouting of the area, which took a suspiciously long time. They are reluctant to fight, but their standing orders involve protecting the magician so they must. Grizkrilf, a small disgusting mockery of a dragon, becomes visible and breaths a gout of hellfire at What. The small puff of green fire can burn the soul as well as all normal fire does, though I have no clue if the gourd-head has a soul to singe. The second imp, Gvirlir, appears looking like a six inch tall ugly green human with nubby wings and horns. It attempts to grab the arm What is using to pick up Isaac and hold him back with its small amount of strength.

If neither of these things stops What, Isaac will have that thing happen to him and go flying toward Anya with a lot of broken bones.

The sign bashes into the skeletal shark's face! Of course, the sign just falls apart when it hits all of the jagged teeth. Completely unfazed, the undead fish continues to charge after Anya, though it won't be able to catch her if she is fleeing at full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underside Embassy Building -> Blue Zone City Streets]

((Characters depicted in this post are at the far end of this family member list:))
    Spoiler
    Show

Janette stretches, squinting a bit as she leaves the shadowed doorway of the Embassy. She's never been topside before - most Undersiders never came here. Why would you want to, right? But the stories of the big open sky, a roofless and never-ending land with less rocks blocking your travels, less horrid monstrosities waiting in the depths to devour you whole, and more people...

It seemed amazing. She'd always wanted to travel - to explore. She'd immediately gotten the sanction of her father to allow her to leave Underside. She'd immediately packed a big backpack to carry her things in, and she'd set off. She's nineteen years old, after all - she wasn't going to spend nineteen more years sitting around twiddling her thumbs under ground. It was a wonderful world waiting just up here all along - let's get exploring!

She takes another step out into the sun, and hears a skitter on the cobbles behind her. She turns around, curiously.

"Um. J-Janette." comes a stuttering and shaky voice. Janette's eyes widen and she blinks in surprise.

"Cyreanne! What are you doing up here, did daddy let you come with me?"

Cyreanne shakes her head nervously.

"N-no. He doesn't know that I... It's so bright up here. I don't like it."

Janette puts her bag down, resting her hands on her little sister's shoulders.

"Cy, you didn't tell anyone you were going? Mom'll be worried sick! You've gotta go back!"

Cyreanne doesn't budge.

"I can't! Y-you can't be up here by yourself. You can't leave me behind!" she grabs her big sister's arms. "P-please, I... let me stay here with you! I won't get in the way. I promise! Just let me stay! I don't want to be down there alone."

Janette bites her lip and then sighs, hefting up her bag again and smiling. There's no way Cyreanne will leave her side, no matter where she goes. She's too loyal for that.

"Alright. I'm sorry I left you, Cy, it's just... I had to see this place. I have to see this place." She turns, walking away down the street before stopping and looking around.

"You coming?" she calls back with a smile. Cyreanne blinks, and then nods with a small smile of her own. She swiftly scampers along to her sister's side as they begin to walk down the road...
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2011-11-05 at 07:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Zombie Ogling

Elias tries to grab her wrist or ankle or something as she falls, bracing himself to hopefully keep her from pulling him off as well.
    Zombie Ogling

Hekta reacts quickly, grabbing onto Elias and putting her feet against the roof, managing to stop both herself and him from gliding any further.

"...that wasn't so hard." She says, looking at him with a smile.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie Ogling

"This building is falling apart. We should burn it down before someone gets hurt." Elias says. Erasmus can't get mad at him for that! It's practically a public service!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #877

Zombie Ogling

"Burn it down?" There is a moment of confusion and hesitation before Hekta replies. "Okay! So how do we do that?"

8. - Top - End - #878

Corner of Cirrus and Arkham

What's face starts acquiring holes! Oh no! He'll have to do something about that, or soon the pumpkin face is going to fall to pieces! The one demon wasp that tries to go down his suit though, all it will find is a lot of black, tar-esque acid.

Fire is bad, though. Hellfire, especially bad. What is still gonna throw Isaac, because he doesn't do anything half-assed, but as soon as that's done, he's going to be out of the fight, too busy trying to put out his flames to accomplish anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie Ogling

Elias (unlike his player >.> ) is an expert at fires. "We'll need a starter of some kind. Something that burns easily, like wax or small pieces of wood. Let's see what we can find." He climbs back inside the church to look around at the crates they ignored before.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

Barricade

"It's more Conspiracy to Commit Mass Homicide or Negligent Mass Homicide."
    Sue clarifies when he approaches. "By your own admittance your Company had a direct hand in this. We'll be getting more evidence when we raid it." The Giantkin tells them. "That means one of two things. First, you can come clean, tells us what Umbrella has been working on, the layout, passcodes and the like, and get a light sentence. Or you give us the wrong information or don't speak up at all, in which case it doesn't look too bright for the pair of you."

Gray Area - DMC

Bugs leads his squad closer to the building, and they'll pop the occasional round into the heads of "dead" zombies, just in case. "Is everyone okay?" He asks.

Masks Temple - Infirmary

"I am not the one who claims to "tweak" fate."
    Aluskal tells Jack with a dismissive gesture. "If it is unsafe to your knowledge, then perhaps you should remove the mark. If it is safe, then only time will tell, won't it?" The disguised daemonette states.

Masks Temple - Jezebel's Room

Jezebel holds Xifra for a few moments to get her to cease struggling, keeping one of her many beloved tight to her. She doesn't answer the questions as she doesn't have the answers. There couldn't be any. Instead, once Xifra calms, Jezebel will set her on the edge of the bed before ringing a small crystal bell. A Black pokes her head in, waiting on their Mistress. "Bring Salome here."

The Black leaves and Jezebel begins to remove her armor piece by piece in order to comfort Xifra in the way she knows best.

Wolfy's Dance Studio

"Waltzing is simple, but it's one of the most common dances used, so it'd be a good idea." Wolfy tells Reelshka as he digs through the videos and puts in the appropriate one.

11. - Top - End - #881

Zombie Ogling

"Ok, let's find all that then." Hekta replies, climbing after Elias, acting slightly more carefully then she usually does. But that might just be the tummy ache.

Her claws are rather good for bending up closed crates and the like in addition to the demonic strength she got. While she's at it, the demon also attempts to nab all the shiny stuff that isn't nailed down within the church.

12. - Top - End - #882

The Church Of Endless Judgement Oh fine just call it Zombie Ogling

The crates come apart rather easily, and inside the first one Hekta pulls apart is stacks of paper with meticulous notes taken down in a cramped, neat handwriting. It's also all in shorthand, so unless they know the scribes own code, will look like a bunch of doodles and gibberish.

There isn't anything in the tower room, but there is a locked door leading down into the church proper if either one knows how to pick locks.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

But they're inside now! They can't ogle any zombies from here!

"Oooh, this is perfect,"
    Elias says. He dithers. It'd be better to start the fire at the bottom than the top. But carrying a bunch of crates of paper down steps would be tedious, so it'd be easier to do it here. But then they might get trapped inside the building after starting the fire.

Elias cannot pick locks. He'll look around for something to pry the door instead.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #884

The Church Of Endless Judgement

"This is going to be the greatest fire ever!" The demon exclaims happily as she's looking around for stuff to 'find'.

Hekta can't read very well so she wouldn't understand much of it anyway. However a locked door in her mind is meant to be opened, so as Elias is looking for a crowbar she will attempt to pick the lock using her claws.

Of course, some locks might be too complex for her.

15. - Top - End - #885

The Church Of Endless Judgement - You know, the windows they climbed in from are open and have a good view of the zombie munchings.

This lock is simple, just like the rest of the building, although it hesitates to give way at first because of its age. If Hekta opens the door, she'll find a set of stairs leading straight down to a landing, with another flight leading away from that.

Sitting in a little brass hook on the wall is a nearly guttered torch, flickering dimly in the dark of the staircase.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

The Church of Endless Judgement - But they'd have to go to the windows and look down. From here they'd just see sky.

Elias sees the torch.

"Hekta, we have to go. Someone lives here."

Oh crap oh crap I almost murdered somebody! I can't do that! It'll just make me want to do it more, and then everyone will hate me. I don't want to be a monster!

Masks - Jezebel's Room

Xifra calms enough to help her Mistress remove her armour. And then there is more comfort to be had. Jezebel loves her. Jack never did. Jack only used her, like Algu did. It was Jack who made her a slave to the Objects.

But Jack was the first person who was ever kind to her. Even if it wasn't love. And the gift that he gave her, even though it was a snare, is still missed.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #887
    Pixie in the Playground

[Red Zone - IoDAF]

Spec finally decides to drop down from the vents. Why? Because there is no need to get the drop on anyone at all anymore. Trium has the situation under control.

Spec stares at the device wired into her arm for a moment before tapping the screen. Her eyes grow abnormally wide as she reads the intel displayed on the device.

"This guy is an arms dealer. This darn thing must be malfunctioning. Let's get the heck out of here!"

Those are some pretty heavy, slow footsteps thudding against the ground right outside the door. There must be soldiers wearing powered armor outside! This is bad!

18. - Top - End - #888

The Church of Endless Judgement

"Huh? Oh we can't know that!" Hekta protests, there was going to be fire!

"I can go down there and look, if there is no one down there, we start the fire, ok?" The demon asks.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay, but only if there's no one there,"
    Elias says. He grabs a big armful of paper and heads down after Hekta. He doesn't trust her to tell him the truth about whether or not someone is around, oddly enough.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #890

The Church of Endless Judgement Fire!

Should they descend to the bottom of the stairs, they'll find several other torches along the way, only one of which is lit. The stairs open up onto a large open room that seems to take up all of the building's length. There are brass lamps hanging at ten foot intervals along the walls, but the last two near the back of the church are out. Depending on how good Hekta and Elias' night vision is, they may be able to see a set of double doors set into the back wall just out of reach of the lampglow.

Except for the dusty pews and a large podium at the front, the building looks entirely empty. Oh wait, just in front of the podium is a little brass dish on a stone pedestal. In the firelight a few shiny silver coins glitter there.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

Elias will look around some more. Someone lit those torches after all. He expects to find squatters or something. Maybe worse. Maybe dust addicts.

If it's dust addicts, he'll go ahead and burn them. It'd be doing them a favour.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #892

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Gray Area - DMC

Bugs leads his squad closer to the building, and they'll pop the occasional round into the heads of "dead" zombies, just in case. "Is everyone okay?" He asks.
    Gray Area - DMC

The guards stand there waiting for the attack. If she heads to the fallen Gate she will hear the sound a buzzing noise like a railgun is going to fire soon.

"Wait." the voice can be heared, but obviously it isn't directed to Bugs more to MDM the arms are railguns currently and a girl in fine robs is holding them down.

"Who is there?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #893

Barricade

"It's more Conspiracy to Commit Mass Homicide or Negligent Mass Homicide."
    Sue clarifies when he approaches. "By your own admittance your Company had a direct hand in this. We'll be getting more evidence when we raid it." The Giantkin tells them. "That means one of two things. First, you can come clean, tells us what Umbrella has been working on, the layout, passcodes and the like, and get a light sentence. Or you give us the wrong information or don't speak up at all, in which case it doesn't look too bright for the pair of you."
    Barricade
    Elena liked the idea of a lighter sentence.
    "The T-Virus wasn't ever planned to be used as a bioweapon, in fact if kept in check using the anti-virus that we've developed it can make it so that someone that is paralyzed can use their limbs again." she clarified for him.
    "I don't think it would be a good idea to do an interrogation inside a zombie quarantine zone, seems like a bad idea, doesn't it?"
    ---
    Quarantinel
    Every zombie body that has been killed begins to be pulled towards an alleyway by an invisible force.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #894

Hey! Hekta is completely trustworthy!

She also have nearly perfect nightvision, one of the many perks of being a demon.

Now she goes to sear- oh shiny!

All her attention goes to the shiny coins though which she quickly swoops down into the sewn in pockets of her shirt.
    Once that is done her attention goes back to searching for more shiny stuff for her to 'find'. The demon girl trusts that Elias will find people if there are any here, however boring that might be.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Red Zone
    One of the kids is too far gone and goes into the final stages.
    The transformation stage.
    The father is close as well and cannot be saved, while the mother and other child are in the early stages and the cure disease spells slow the virus down, but alas does not remove it entirely.
    Only the cure that Umbrella has(or Elena's clone) would be able to do that.
    The infected are packed into the ambulance, in restraints if need be, and shipped off to the field hospital.

Wolfy's Dance Studio

"Waltzing is simple, but it's one of the most common dances used, so it'd be a good idea." Wolfy tells Reelshka as he digs through the videos and puts in the appropriate one.
    In the meantime, Reelshka goes to change into her spandex costume and returns just before Wolfy is finished.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #896

The Church Of... Hold on, What's That?

Elias won't find anyone in the main hall, not even dust addicts. Hekta snatches up the coins without anyone to stop her, but she may find that the bowl they are in is also very shiny and thievable.

If either of them go behind the podium and try the door at the back they'll find that the double doors are locked and barred from the other side. Considering that the Room looks almost as big as the entire outside of the church, it would not be hard to assume these lead outside.

Because of the bar over them, I'm going to go ahead and say Hekta won't be picking this lock.

27. - Top - End - #897

The Church of Shiny Things

So the bowl is snatched as well, but held rather then stuffed into a pocket.

And no, those bars look way too heavy for her even if she's stronger then your average thirteen year old (she acts younger then she really is).

"Did you find any shiny stuff?" She asks with a grin as she returns to her. "I did not see anyone here."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-06 at 09:00 AM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

The Church of Stolen Things

"Nope. Didn't find anyone. Or any other shiny things,"
    Elias says. He makes a pile of the papers he lugged down, and if the pews have any rotted cushions on them, or he can find other easily pile-up-able flammable stuff, he'll add it to the pile. Once his pile is as big as he can make it, he'll pull a lamp off the wall.

"Fire,"
    he says, and tosses the lamp onto the pile, and watches it almost reverently.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

[The Church of Endless Judgement]

Michalson is lurking nearby. He's heard that some undead is officiating this place, and he wants to make sure it's send where it belongs. Those two burglars will make an excellent distraction.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Red Zone - IoDAF]

Spec finally decides to drop down from the vents. Why? Because there is no need to get the drop on anyone at all anymore. Trium has the situation under control.

Spec stares at the device wired into her arm for a moment before tapping the screen. Her eyes grow abnormally wide as she reads the intel displayed on the device.

"This guy is an arms dealer. This darn thing must be malfunctioning. Let's get the heck out of here!"

Those are some pretty heavy, slow footsteps thudding against the ground right outside the door. There must be soldiers wearing powered armor outside! This is bad!
    Trium nods, and attempts to pick Spec up. If it works, she'll try to run up the wall, across the ceiling, and duck back into the air vent.

The zombies sort of mill about aimlessly.