New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Now that a vote count is out, I am very happy to not be on a wagon. I just see a whole bunch of movement based on newness and general D1 jumpiness, so I am not going to change it yet. Though Cao advocating for Apogee1 to get another vote (and thus brining them up into the tie for lynch wagons) is interesting.
    What kind of interesting? Actively wolfy, or just worth making a note of?

@Batcathat, I'll try and find time to read through recent games to see if I think you've been similar.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Good morning all.

Claiming to be one of the Children of Demeter. My partner and I are informed both of us are town, and I'm claiming to start forming a network. Expect quicktopics pm'ed soon.

If, hypothetically, I was not a Child of Demeter and/or Children didn't know the others alignment, I would hope that I'd be counterclaimed by someone. Lacking such a counterclaim, I think its pretty clear this should confirm me as town and trustworthy.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Good morning all.

Claiming to be one of the Children of Demeter. My partner and I are informed both of us are town, and I'm claiming to start forming a network. Expect quicktopics pm'ed soon.

If, hypothetically, I was not a Child of Demeter and/or Children didn't know the others alignment, I would hope that I'd be counterclaimed by someone. Lacking such a counterclaim, I think its pretty clear this should confirm me as town and trustworthy.
    Even assuming you are a Child of Demeter, couldn't you and your "sibling" just as well be wolfy? There's nothing about that role being specifically town, right?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Even assuming you are a Child of Demeter, couldn't you and your "sibling" just as well be wolfy? There's nothing about that role being specifically town, right?
    Correct, in a nominal sense. Though I may refer you to "certain roles are more likely to be of one alignment" and the fact that having wolf masons would seem to be about the most useless power of all time.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Correct, in a nominal sense. Though I may refer you to "certain roles are more likely to be of one alignment" and the fact that having wolf masons would seem to be about the most useless power of all time.
    Huh. That's a good point. I suppose it could be a good power for the sheer mindfrakking of it all, but that does seem like an odd choice by gac, if that's the case.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

If one was town and the other wolf, then presumably the partner would call Apogee out on lying about whether they were confirmed. If both were wolves I would be extremely annoyed with gac3. There is a vague possibility of "Apogee manipulated a newbie partner into trusting them to go along with this" but that's too paranoid tinfoil even for me, so barring counterclaims I believe this.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Good morning all.

I... Pulled my vote away because I'm not about to try and lynch someone who just claimed, feels like it'd set a bad precedent, but this does feel fishy as hell.

I understand wanting to start a network but like you said there's no actual guarantee you/your partner/both (unlikely this one) are Town. This feels like a good way to set yourself (and/or your partner) up to be at the center of the network and exercise control on the information shared (or just know what people tell each other).

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah, I think this is the only realistic way Apogee's claim could be a lie. But I agree that wolf masons would be pretty unusual.

I guess Apogee could also be lying and betting on there being no real masons? But that would be a pretty weird bet, with so many players it seems likely most roles have been used.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Current Votecount as of the time I'm posting this...
    AvatarVecna (3): Snowblaze, Murska, Shal06
    Valmark (3): AvatarVecna, Xihilri, Elenna
    Batcathat (3): Jeenleen, Bladescape, EmmyNecromancer
    Apogee1 (1): CaoimhinTheCape
    Rogue_Alchemist (1): Flat-Footed
    Elenna (1): Rogue_Alchemist
    Totadileplayz (1): Batcathat
    Bladescape (1): Libro
    Even though I am a necromancer, I am not a member of the Coven. In fact, my entire coven disbanded, so my alignment changed to Chaotic Good.

Looking for a game of Werewolf/Mafia? AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2 is currently recruiting.
    Last Updated: November 5th, 2021 @7:43 AM

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I... Pulled my vote away because I'm not about to try and lynch someone who just claimed, feels like it'd set a bad precedent, but this does feel fishy as hell.

I understand wanting to start a network but like you said there's no actual guarantee you/your partner/both (unlikely this one) are Town. This feels like a good way to set yourself (and/or your partner) up to be at the center of the network and exercise control on the information shared (or just know what people tell each other).
    We're informed we're both town. So we can only be wolves if we are both wolves (or, like snowblaze mentioned, if one of us convinced the other to gambit but no :P)

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

We're informed we're both town. So we can only be wolves if we are both wolves (or, like snowblaze mentioned, if one of us convinced the other to gambit but no :P)
    If you are telling the truth, I assume you'll be a prime target for the wolves. Is the idea that you set things up and take the bullet so the other Demeter kid can run things more or less in secret?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Good morning all.

1) it's likely the Children of Demeter are in the game, given the high number of players
    2) it seems unlikely this Role would be wolf, though not impossible. If wolf, they basically have no power, which seems really weak for two wolves to be powerless

So I'm willing to trust him. It could be a wolf gambit, but such seems unlikely.
    If we have a seer (quite likely given the player count), I lean that they check him just in case. Also. that our tracker/watcher (whichever sees who targets the person they target) look at Apogee.
    The former helps build trust; if Apogee scries Town, the seer can claim to Apogee privately and help build out the trusted network. The latter might might verify a baner (if he gets baned) or a wolf (if he gets NKed), helping either strengthen the Town network or find a wolf. But I understand the seer might prefer to look at a less trustworthy target OR be afraid that the tracker/watcher is a wolf and might be targeting Apogee to try to find power-roles.
    In other words, this is a suggestion for night actions, but it's not perfect by any means and no criticism if folk choose differently. Or maybe this is all WIFOM to make the wolves sweat when choosing targets tonight.

On the other hand, I am an overly-paranoid person, so...
    Thought I don't believe it, I could see this as a "wolf power" in that it is powerful to safely claim being Children of Demeter. I still doubt it, and it goes real bad for the other one once one dies and flips wolf...
    Also, if there are a high number of wolves, I could see one sacrificing themself in a gambit like this to gain significant intel.
    Again, not really believing these, but feel like it's good to throw it out there.

There's also the (I think unlikely) possibility that a wolf!Demeter has a 'side power' of their sibling being told both are Town... but I'd like to assume gac3 isn't lying to them. Stilll, Other Child of Demeter, you might want to ask in your QT just to verify.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Now that a vote count is out, I am very happy to not be on a wagon. I just see a whole bunch of movement based on newness and general D1 jumpiness, so I am not going to change it yet. Though Cao advocating for Apogee1 to get another vote (and thus brining them up into the tie for lynch wagons) is interesting.
    So, my post was to point out that Libro voted "the earliest person alphabetically" while conveniently skipping Apogee. Could have been a wolf conveniently avoiding a vote for his wolf buddy.

Given Apogee's claim, I no longer suspect that's the case. Gonna remove my vote for now and think about where it's gonna go.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Just got here, and... there's a lot of movement already. Makes sense.

As it's day 1, I don't have much to go off of, and I'm not terribly good at noticing others' tells. It looks like we have a three-way tie, though, so things are at least forming in that direction. I think for now, I'll cast my vote on Batcathat.

My reasoning:

--Tipping the scales out of a deadlock seems like it would provide more discussion, and since pushing a vote on Day 1 is set up so that there will be more discussion and information to gather, this seems like the best move.

--Of the three who have the most votes, JeenLeen and bladescape both made at least initial arguments concerning this current game for why they voted Batcathat, so right now that seems like the most sensible of the three votes.

This is still day 1, though, so votes are always subject to change.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2021-06-02 at 08:19 AM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

There is the chance that the wolves know what roles are in the game and could have seen that Masons are not in the game. But as people have mentioned, that seems unlikely.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    1) it's likely the Children of Demeter are in the game, given the high number of players
    2) it seems unlikely this Role would be wolf, though not impossible. If wolf, they basically have no power, which seems really weak for two wolves to be powerless

So I'm willing to trust him. It could be a wolf gambit, but such seems unlikely.
    If we have a seer (quite likely given the player count), I lean that they check him just in case. Also. that our tracker/watcher (whichever sees who targets the person they target) look at Apogee.
    The former helps build trust; if Apogee scries Town, the seer can claim to Apogee privately and help build out the trusted network. The latter might might verify a baner (if he gets baned) or a wolf (if he gets NKed), helping either strengthen the Town network or find a wolf. But I understand the seer might prefer to look at a less trustworthy target OR be afraid that the tracker/watcher is a wolf and might be targeting Apogee to try to find power-roles.
    In other words, this is a suggestion for night actions, but it's not perfect by any means and no criticism if folk choose differently. Or maybe this is all WIFOM to make the wolves sweat when choosing targets tonight.

Thought I don't believe it, I could see this as a "wolf power" in that it is powerful to safely claim being Children of Demeter. I still doubt it, and it goes real bad for the other one once one dies and flips wolf...
    Also, if there are a high number of wolves, I could see one sacrificing themself in a gambit like this to gain significant intel.
    Again, not really believing these, but feel like it's good to throw it out there.

There's also the (I think unlikely) possibility that a wolf!Demeter has a 'side power' of their sibling being told both are Town... but I'd like to assume gac3 isn't lying to them. Stilll, Other Child of Demeter, you might want to ask in your QT just to verify.
    Several things:

1) I'm probably (until we have claims from the vig or seer) a reasonable doctor target n1. If I do die, perfectly fine with it because it confirms my partner (who has ways to make it clear they are my partner) and everyone can and then should claim to them.

2) Re: all the gambits, in theory its possible, but it relies on both of us being wolves. I find it incredibly unlikely that wolf!Demeter if they existed would have their partner told they are town (that kind of falls into a bastard category of mod lies).

- - - Updated - - -

So far, I think bladescape and Jeen have been fairly towny. Feel good about both of them right now.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    What kind of interesting? Actively wolfy, or just worth making a note of?

@Batcathat, I'll try and find time to read through recent games to see if I think you've been similar.
    Just take note of for now, though finding out as I posted it that not only was it hidden, but it was wrong, makes it seem more wolfish. Then Apogee claimed and it seems a solid claim so far, so maybe just an honest mistake? I am keeping and eye on this for information gathering purposes.

The watcher can see what happens to the person with the possible addition of what that person does, while the tracker can only see who the person they are tracking is targeting (usually). I know not everyone follows those lines exactly, but that is the intention on delineating those roles.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

So far, I think bladescape and Jeen have been fairly towny. Feel good about both of them right now.
    Is that based on general feeling or some specific evidence? I get that you don't want to reveal what evidence, if any, just curious if there is any. (Admittedly, I kinda want them to be untrustworthy since they're half the votes aganst me, but I do agree that they seem fairly towny so far1)

On a sidenote, this game puts me in a pretty weird headspace. I was just grocery shopping and kept finding myself suspecting people around me and wondering what they thought of me.

(1 Yes, yes, I'm sure that's what a wolf would say...)

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Is that based on general feeling or some specific evidence? I get that you don't want to reveal what evidence, if any, just curious if there is any. (Admittedly, I kinda want them to be untrustworthy since they're half the votes aganst me, but I do agree that they seem fairly towny so far1)

On a sidenote, this game puts me in a pretty weird headspace. I was just grocery shopping and kept finding myself suspecting people around me and wondering what they thought of me.

What are your own reasons for thinking they're towny?

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    What are your own reasons for thinking they're towny?
    Nothing solid, I'm afraid. Just a general feeling. At least JeenLee's behavior seems in line with how he acted in the last two games, when he was town. With Badescape it's not even that. So pretty much only gut feeling and me wanting to make it clear that I wasn't trying to accuse them by questioning Apogee's endorsement of them.

21. - Top - End - #51

Gonna do a cheap vote against Totadileplayz for now. If we have such a large game I'm more OK spending Day 1 with a vote on someone who hasn't posted yet, so we don't run into too many afk players going forward. I'm also not a huge fan of any of the wagons:

The AvatarVecna wagon did build very quickly so there's a little worry that it was wolves jumping on a good wagon for them.

Valmark's counterwagon seems to be for the sake of having someone else to vote. I didn't get any wolf vibes from his post so of the three that's the lest likely for me to get a vote.

I haven't seen Batcat play as wolf yet so I don't know what is a wolf read and what is regular posting. Lampshading anything that might look bad feels wolf like to me but that's been pretty standard. On the other hand, Batcat has been engaging people in conversations and I like that.

Vote Count:

AvatarVecna (3): Snowblaze, Murska, Shal06
    Rogue_Alchemist (1): Flat_Footed
    Valmark (3): AvatarVecna, Xihirli, Elenna
    Elenna (1): Rogue_Alchemist
    Batcathat (4): Jeenleen, Bladescape, EmmyNecromancer, Zelphas
    Totadileplayz (2): Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    Bladescape (1): Libro

Not Voting (2): Apogee1, Valmark
    No Posts (4):BookWombat, Mornshine, Rogan, Totadileplayz
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-06-03 at 07:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

It's a mix, really. Jeen is off of vibes really ... hard to describe but I think he's closer to how he normally is as town than otherwise.

Bladescape I thought his first post was pretty solid.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

So that's a lotta bonkers stuff going on.

I don't really like any of these wagons. Apogee seems trustworthy to me for reasons already stated; the high possibility of a counterclaim and the lack of one being chief among them.

I feel like the night is going to be a big event here in an all-PR game. We've got... a little more than three times the power roles firing in the night as the wolves? Honestly it might be best to go no lynch and let our numbers advantage get us gallons of info in the night.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure Apogee1 is the first person who hasn't posted yet, alphabetically.
    So, my post was to point out that Libro voted "the earliest person alphabetically" while conveniently skipping Apogee. Could have been a wolf conveniently avoiding a vote for his wolf buddy.
    Honest mistake on my part. My brain went straight to AV and skipped over them.

Moving on to poke BookWombat
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2021-06-02 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Struck through vote

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    So that's a lotta bonkers stuff going on.

I don't really like any of these wagons. Apogee seems trustworthy to me for reasons already stated; the high possibility of a counterclaim and the lack of one being chief among them.

I feel like the night is going to be a big event here in an all-PR game. We've got... a little more than three times the power roles firing in the night as the wolves? Honestly it might be best to go no lynch and let our numbers advantage get us gallons of info in the night.
    Xi is calling for calm and rational gathering of data, as opposed to shedding blood.
    I'm not sure what to make of it, but it sounds really off.

She has a fair point, but I think lynching somebody is still a good move due to the info it yields. I admit I haven't been in a game this big before, so maybe the potential info-gathering is worthwhile... but just this sounds really odd based on what I've heard in every other mafia game.
    On the other hand, it doesn't feel particularly wolfish. The wolves want us to mislynch someone D1. So, the only reason a wolf would argue for no-lynch is if the major wagons are wolves, but doing so puts the target on herself later on and seems a bad move. Unless it's so non-wolfish it is wolfish, but those are the WIFOM spirals. On a third hand, I could see Xi doing a bold wolf move like this, even if it doesn't seem to be something a wolf would want.

In short, this sounds weird in general, and more than usual when coming from Xi. But not necessarily wolf-weird. Maybe some sort of neutral with an odd win-con?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

As people should know about me I can only really start posting when I'm aware the game started, and I worked late last night. Thus causing me to only really be able to start looking at this at 11 am, so that's why I was quiet.

Now I have to say I trust apogee, I don't doubt they are who they say they are, that role should be in the game, and the wolves will likely target them.

Now overall Jeenleen he always votes for me, and having him be voted back in turn is only fair in my eyes. Especially since I don't see anyone particularly sus.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-03 at 12:33 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

In short, this sounds weird in general, and more than usual when coming from Xi. But not necessarily wolf-weird. Maybe some sort of neutral with an odd win-con?
    I decided I should've just straight-forward asked her: Xi, what's up with not trying to kill people?

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    As people should know about me I can only really start posting when I'm aware the game started, and I worked late last night. Thus causing me to only really be able to start looking at this at 11 am, so that's why I was quiet.

Now I have to say I trust apogee, I don't doubt they are who they say they are, that role should be in the game, and the wolves will likely target them.

Now overall Jeenleen he always votes for me, and having him be voted back in turn is only fair in my eyes. Especially since I don't see anyone particularly sus.
    First sentence sounds a touch defensive for a townie. But it's reasonable given some votes piling up on him.
    Second sentence... could be simply stating a fact, but also feels like a wolf perhaps subtly persuading the baner to do what they want? Or Townie trying to manipulate the wolves.
    Third sentence: no real bother by a vote on me. But it seems a good cover for a wolf trying to vote without making waves.

In short: seems kinda wolfish, but... well, I generally get a wolfish vibe from totaldile even when he's Town, so I don't put much by it. I'm still feeling comfortable keeping my vote on Batcathat.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't seen Batcat play as wolf yet so I don't know what is a wolf read and what is regular posting. Lampshading anything that might look bad feels wolf like to me but that's been pretty standard.
    I considered it, but saying things that might sound bad without lampshading it seemed suspicious as well so I figured I might as well go with my instinct and be snarky about it.

On the other hand, Batcat has been engaging people in conversations and I like that.
    Ah, just as in real life my inability to shut up is both a gift and a curse. Though probably more of a curse in this case, I can't imagine I'd be staring at four votes if I just stayed silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I'm divided on this. On one hand, I kinda like it both for sounding reasonable and for not only being one of the prime candidates myself but also not really suspecting any of the other ones in particular, so lynching the wrong person seems likely.

On the other hand, I agree with Jeen's reasoning for it seeming kinda shady (and not killing anyone seeming instinctively wrong).

29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Rereading I notice that I mistook cao for jeen sorry jeen.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yeah I think other people have brought this up but I agree that Batcathat has made some posts I think are kind of wolfy but ... in light of their presence in the thread and apparent? enthusiasm to be here I'm not sure it means they are a wolf.