New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Also:

Spoiler: Bolted down and ready!
    Show

(Gotta do a bit of moderns between the Phystyulon Laser Troopers...)

And I pat myself on the back for at least two people recognising the vehicle make for exactly what it was. I dun A Good Job there.
    So why would you make hi-tech military with what is equivalent to make-shift vehicles?
    Reminded me of Generals also.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

This took about twice as long as I thought it would take, which tells me that I probably need a resting period of sorts with my artwork to recuperate and recover the pace... or perhaps that my pace of productivity for July and August was not something I can or should be maintaining.

Anyways, my Rainboom Studies are done. These are not humanized ponies, but rather my interpretation of the Rainbooms of EQG, the human characters who have never been ponies!

Spoiler: Rainboom Studies
    Show

NOTE: I still haven't even begun watching Season 8... so I can't possibly participate in any of the conversations happening in the thread at the moment. I do remember glimpsing the Commander mentioning me about drawing some of the newest characters - I presume the Kirin - and I'll see what I can do. Still, it will be some time before I actually watch season 8.
    Last edited by meto30; 2018-09-21 at 01:58 AM.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    So why would you make hi-tech military with what is equivalent to make-shift vehicles?
    I'm not?

(For a kick off, that's a real one.)

Quote Originally Posted by t209
    Reminded me of Generals also.
    It should do, I was literally quoting it.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by meto30 View Post
    Anyways, my Rainboom Studies are done. These are not humanized ponies, but rather my interpretation of the Rainbooms of EQG, the human characters who have never been ponies!
    I like these drawings! Detailed thoughts below, but bear in mind that I'm not good at drawing or critiqueing drawings.

• Yes, these are in a much more reasistic style, not cartoonish. It's not surprising that they took you more of time to draw at first.
    • In general, I like the way you draw the torso, legs, clothing, footwear, and clothing accessories.
    • I like the style of how you draw the faces, but I find them a bit boring, in the sense that the mouth looks exactly the same (except for iris color) in all six girls, and even the nose and eyes and chin don't have too much variation. I expect that in real girls the face would differ more. Admittedly the individual differences of appearance is based on the MLP:FiM Mane Six, and they do look very similar (because of the low budget when the series was started). The way you draw eyes is not quite realistic, but looks good despite that.
    • The skin color would likely distinguish the girls more in real life, but that's very hard to draw in this style of drawing, the only way you can hint it are the freckles and iris color.
    • I find the hair (and the eyebrows and eyelashes) of these girls unrealistic, but that is hard to change, because it must be similar to the mane of the MLP:FiM characters to make them recognizable.
    • I have slight problems with the appearance of the hands, especially that of Rarity. I'd prefer if the fingers would look somewhat thicker, since these are young girls. Admittedly, hands are hard to draw and hard to critique too.
    • Aside from that, you have drawn the limbs (arms and legs and feet) excellently. I like both their style and how you added individual differences in the shape of limbs among the girls. The limbs (including the hands) are in a realistic position.
    • I also like the variation in the clothing and accessories (jewlery, bows, apron, bags, mobile phone, plushie) and footwear among the girls.
    • Everything in the drawings look nicely consistent between different drawings of the same person, as much as it should, but you added good variations in the pose they're taking.
    • However, in the first drawing of Applejack, where she leans on a bar counter, I find the relative position of the counter or table, Applejack's body and arm, and the seat, a bit hard to believe. This could be a problem on my end.
    • I have problems with Rainbow Dash's bicycle. There are no (visible) break handles or gear switch handles or wiring for them; the saddle, Dash's torso, and the frame are in strange positions compared to each other; the back wheel doesn't look round all around and its spokes are unevenly distributed; I'm missing details of shadings or lines in the head tube (the part of the frame around which the handlebar and front wheel rotates), the handlebar, all parts of the frame that are welded; the chain looks too even for something that's made of links on the order of magnitude of a centimeter. However, drawing a realistic bicycle is very difficult and time-consuming, and the time spent on that might not help your drawing people enough.
    • I don't like Rainbow Dash's bracelet (jewelry on her wrist). Either it's not a type I like to see on Rainbow Dash unless she's in a formal dress, or I don't recognize from the drawing what type of jewelry it's supposed to represent. This, though, is very much a matter of taste, and I'm not competent at jewelry at all.
    • These drawings are appetizing: there's a soda, a bowl of unknown food, a cup of foamy drink, slices of cake, and waffles. Mmm.
    • I'm missing Sunset Shimmer from the group, but then it's your choice who you want to study.
    • I personally would like to see more drawings with a full view of the body, including the legs and footware, but I admit that that both takes more time to draw, and can make it harder to emphasize the important details in the upper body in composed scenes such as comic strips. This is a general complaint, applies to most comics and drawings of human characters I see, not just to your drawings.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2018-09-21 at 06:06 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I like these drawings! Detailed thoughts below, but bear in mind that I'm not good at drawing or critiqueing drawings.

• Yes, these are in a much more reasistic style, not cartoonish. It's not surprising that they took you more of time to draw at first.
    • In general, I like the way you draw the torso, legs, clothing, footwear, and clothing accessories.
    • I like the style of how you draw the faces, but I find them a bit boring, in the sense that the mouth looks exactly the same (except for iris color) in all six girls, and even the nose and eyes and chin don't have too much variation. I expect that in real girls the face would differ more. Admittedly the individual differences of appearance is based on the MLP:FiM Mane Six, and they do look very similar (because of the low budget when the series was started). The way you draw eyes is not quite realistic, but looks good despite that.
    • The skin color would likely distinguish the girls more in real life, but that's very hard to draw in this style of drawing, the only way you can hint it are the freckles and iris color.
    • I find the hair (and the eyebrows and eyelashes) of these girls unrealistic, but that is hard to change, because it must be similar to the mane of the MLP:FiM characters to make them recognizable.
    • I have slight problems with the appearance of the hands, especially that of Rarity. I'd prefer if the fingers would look somewhat thicker, since these are young girls. Admittedly, hands are hard to draw and hard to critique too.
    • Aside from that, you have drawn the limbs (arms and legs and feet) excellently. I like both their style and how you added individual differences in the shape of limbs among the girls. The limbs (including the hands) are in a realistic position.
    • I also like the variation in the clothing and accessories (jewlery, bows, apron, bags, mobile phone, plushie) and footwear among the girls.
    • Everything in the drawings look nicely consistent between different drawings of the same person, as much as it should, but you added good variations in the pose they're taking.
    • However, in the first drawing of Applejack, where she leans on a bar counter, I find the relative position of the counter or table, Applejack's body and arm, and the seat, a bit hard to believe. This could be a problem on my end.
    • I have problems with Rainbow Dash's bicycle. There are no (visible) break handles or gear switch handles or wiring for them; the saddle, Dash's torso, and the frame are in strange positions compared to each other; the back wheel doesn't look round all around and its spokes are unevenly distributed; I'm missing details of shadings or lines in the head tube (the part of the frame around which the handlebar and front wheel rotates), the handlebar, all parts of the frame that are welded; the chain looks too even for something that's made of links on the order of magnitude of a centimeter. However, drawing a realistic bicycle is very difficult and time-consuming, and the time spent on that might not help your drawing people enough.
    • I don't like Rainbow Dash's bracelet (jewelry on her wrist). Either it's not a type I like to see on Rainbow Dash unless she's in a formal dress, or I don't recognize from the drawing what type of jewelry it's supposed to represent. This, though, is very much a matter of taste, and I'm not competent at jewelry at all.
    • These drawings are appetizing: there's a soda, a bowl of unknown food, a cup of foamy drink, slices of cake, and waffles. Mmm.
    • I'm missing Sunset Shimmer from the group, but then it's your choice who you want to study.
    • I personally would like to see more drawings with a full view of the body, including the legs and footware, but I admit that that both takes more time to draw, and can make it harder to emphasize the important details in the upper body in composed scenes such as comic strips. This is a general complaint, applies to most comics and drawings of human characters I see, not just to your drawings.
    Thank you for your comments! My replies are below.
    • My style sits... somewhere in the middle of the usual Japanese "anime-esque" style of its mainstream manga and the Korean style favouring ultrarealism in its depiction of limbs. The biggest "Koreanness" of my style would be the contrast between the stylized face and the non-stylized rest of the body. I think a lot of other artists living under the shadow of Japan's subculture scene draws like this... look at the current generation of professional artists drawing for mobile games in the region.
    • Skin colour is not a really good topic to discuss in this thread, I find, especially considering the rather vocal disagreement I had with the Commander a short while back. No further comments.
    • All hairstyles and outfits follow closely the canon designs as they are depicted in the latest "Summer" videos featuring the Rainbooms, such as the Rollercoaster of Friendship. Therefore I can take no credit or critique on any of the design elements regarding choices of fashion. I did take some interpretations on what items the vectors are actually depicting, and I've taken some liberties in small details, such as the type of shirt/blouse that Applejack is wearing. Rainbow's "wristlet" is most probably a sweat absorber (a sort of elastic towel), though. It prevents sweat from dripping down to and wetting the hands. Useful for using electronic devices while jogging.
    • I'll look into Applejack's pose again.
    • The Bike suffers from both an unwillingness to go into full detail and constant mistakes on my part to depict its components. For one, I totally forgot about the break handles. The saddle however is behind Rainbow's butt, not under it; a racing bike's saddle is too high for someone to stand while still half-sitting on it, or so suggests all reference images I gathered on racing bikes. Riders come off the saddle and stand with their bottoms in front of, not top of, the saddle. That the bike is a racing model is also why the handle is so low.
    • Again on the bike: it really really really suffers from my unwillingness to spend time on it. Even in the current state that bike took way longer to draw than Rainbow's body did, with the line art taking me about an hour to do. XD
    • Hands are kinda my biggest problem when it comes to drawing people, and I shall be making a big "Hands study" shortly to rectify the issue. Right now I'm trying very hard to draw "thin and elegant" fingers, which could be a reason why so many of those hands look delicate. I'm more comfortable with drawing thick, segmented fingers, almost like robot hands.
    • Sunset Shimmer is missing because she did not need a separate study to be made for her, especially considering all the studies I made of her canon outfits right before doing the Rainboom studies. ...I did upload them here, did I not? I think I did.
    • The studies do kind of "progress" in the level of quality as I go towards the later pieces. I've been drawing only ponies for about a month, and the lack of practice showed, methinks, on the Rarity piece.

I am going over the pieces in detail with my mentor later today, and I'll apply the corrections (both from her input and yours) later in a overall do-over. The Studies were conducted in preparation for a fan-comic, "the Siren Business", and I need all the details precisely nailed down before I begin work on the actual pages. The Studies more or less confirmed that I have a *ton* of issues to work out before I am ready enough to begin on the Siren Business, so I'll be doing a lot of exercises in the near future.

Thank you again for your comments!

PS: Here's the study of Sunset Shimmer in her canon outfits, in case you missed it.
    -contents snipped for brevity, check link-
    PSS: Desperately looking for volunteers to preread the Siren Business before I begin drawing the actual pages. Right now the story is at its raw stage, with a beginning, middle, and end, but no form, no script, no storyboard. If any of you are willing to help me at one or more of the stages, I'd be honoured and very grateful for the help.
    Last edited by meto30; 2018-09-21 at 08:42 AM.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    [*]I have problems with Rainbow Dash's bicycle. There are no (visible) break handles or gear switch handles or wiring for them;
    Believe it or not, there are bikes that have no brakes or gears. The pedals are fixed to the wheel (no ratchets) so you brake by pedaling slower/pushing back on the pedals. They are a swine to ride when you aren't used to them. (And probably not road-legal in most countries). Probably not Rainbow's style, though...

Meto: Quite liked the pictures - especially Pinkie's glance at the artist/viewer in the group one.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2018-09-21 at 01:05 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently, both meto and I have been looking at bikes (of a sort...)

Phystyulon Rocket Cycle (v 0.5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thoughts?

Cobnvntion tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes...

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show

Thoughts?

Cobnvntion tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes...
    Not Rocket Skates?
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

This took about twice as long as I thought it would take, which tells me that I probably need a resting period of sorts with my artwork to recuperate and recover the pace... or perhaps that my pace of productivity for July and August was not something I can or should be maintaining.

NOTE: I still haven't even begun watching Season 8... so I can't possibly participate in any of the conversations happening in the thread at the moment. I do remember glimpsing the Commander mentioning me about drawing some of the newest characters - I presume the Kirin - and I'll see what I can do. Still, it will be some time before I actually watch season 8.
    Your study on Pinkie Pie is the best. The facial expressions captured he bubbling laughter and happiness which defines Pinkie Pie.

The shading of Rainbow Dash's pants especially the right leg were your best technical work on adding depth to the image.

Twilight with the Sunset Shimmer doll was adorable. Did Sunset Shimmer give that that to Twilight? If not, does Sunset Shimmer know about that?

Thoughts?
    What do you mean by rocket cycle? Is the cycle pushed by rockets or does it launch rockets?

The wheels look good and should be able to handle rough terrain well. I also appreciate that you included some basic suspension with the red linkage between the wheels and the frame without getting into the complete details of a full suspension system.

From a practical cycle, it looks like the cycle would be relatively larger than a human motorcycle. This seems driven by the 6 limb biology but would decrease the maneuverability relative to a human motorcycle.

Is the front of the rocket cycle suppose to be clear? Of will it be armored with a heads up display provided to the driver?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Back from ChillCon - surprising how nmuch difference it makes having a conevntion only the other side of twon makes.

It wasn't bad, but we we, along with elements of our Derbvy Club and about three unfortunate traders, off in a seperate building to one sie, so we didn't see that many people. To be fair, I wasn't stuck all dat drawing Phystyulon vehicles (like I feared to start with), but it was quiet. (We - and our opps at Derby said, "we might come next year, but not if you put us in there again...")

And, quickly today, the smouldering horror of Humorous Pictures!

Spoiler
    Show

Cutie Mark Crusader, Terrorists Yay!

I'm actually really pleased how well the technicals came out. I just gave the blokes a wash with a flesh wash just to make their colours slightly darker than the sand of the vehicle, and it worked really well!

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie View Post
    What do you mean by rocket cycle? Is the cycle pushed by rockets or does it launch rockets?
    As in "like a Nod Recon Bike/Attack Cycle/Attack Bike." So the latter.

The wheels look good and should be able to handle rough terrain well. I also appreciate that you included some basic suspension with the red linkage between the wheels and the frame without getting into the complete details of a full suspension system.
    Well naturally! I Did the Research, as usual! After looking at various bikes (because motorbikes don't do anything for me, especially, unlike most people) I saw the Dodge Tomahawk and thought "wow, that looks really cool!" Which it does, until you see someone riding then, then it looks really dumb. But I also saw the Lazarat LM 847 and then elected that, yeah, the rocket cycle would be a similar four-wheel hub-steered system (after looking up what hub-steering was and how it worked...) because cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie
    From a practical cycle, it looks like the cycle would be relatively larger than a human motorcycle. This seems driven by the 6 limb biology but would decrease the maneuverability relative to a human motorcycle.
    Yeah, it is a bit bigger - but course, this is also intneded to be a bigger bike anyway. (It's be smaller if I'd chosen to have smaller wheels, which of course had to push the steering system further out and also smaller if I'd chosen to use more traditional fork steering, come to that. (Or even two wheels, not four...!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie
    Is the front of the rocket cycle suppose to be clear? Of will it be armored with a heads up display provided to the driver?
    It's sort of an armoured windshield, but yes, it is ultimately open. (Not unlike some of the designs of some of the aforementioned Nod cycles.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

What lies beneath just aired.

Now, what is going on with
    Spoiler
    Show

this evil, nasty "cozy" in a school of friendship? Who is she / what magic is being used to hide her?

Chrysallis doesn't have the long-term planning/patience to pull this off. Everyone else is reformed.

Besides that, why does this one building have the only such grate in all of ponyville? No other building has anything like that ever shown.
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    What lies beneath just aired.

Now, what is going on with
    Spoiler
    Show

this evil, nasty "cozy" in a school of friendship? Who is she / what magic is being used to hide her?

Chrysallis doesn't have the long-term planning/patience to pull this off. Everyone else is reformed.
    Spoiler: What Lies Beneath
    Show
    No magic required. Some small children are just vile. Isn't that right, Diamond Tiara?

Besides that, why does this one building have the only such grate in all of ponyville? No other building has anything like that ever shown.
    Most of Ponyville probably has indoor plumbing and/or central air. It just hasn't been plot-relevant until now.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    I am curious if it was the tree that made the basement or Twilight has some odd ideas of civil engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Believe it or not, there are bikes that have no brakes or gears. The pedals are fixed to the wheel (no ratchets) so you brake by pedaling slower/pushing back on the pedals. They are a swine to ride when you aren't used to them. (And probably not road-legal in most countries). Probably not Rainbow's style, though...
    My first bike was a single-speed gear where you peddle backwards to brake. ...this causes the back wheel to want to lock up which was great for stopping. In theory.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Uuuuurgh.

The RTS part of Spellforce 3 (y'know, a good half of the gae) is SO BAD.

It is trying to make you expand like billiyo, and then promptly - and immediately - sends waves of enemies (which it does NOT appear to spend reources on) at you the second it triggers, for all over the shop. So you can't, in fact, even get your economy off the ground - or expand like it wnats you to. (Like, you dont even get five minutes or anything to even assess what buildings you have. And even doing that is not very easy, due to the cramped maps and not especially visually different buildings (because one wood hut is mostly the same as another.)

In fact, the best way of doing it appears to be gathering whatever units it gives you and bumrushing the enemy capital (kill that and you win) and thus largely obiviating the entire RTs portion of the game.

It's a shame, the rest of the game is quite good.

I'm going to try switching the game to Easy every time it RTS now, as (and I had to experiment), that reduces enemy resistances and drops their damage enormously, so while it won't actually stop the spam, hopefulyl the minimal damage they will do ill buy time for, y'know, actually PLAYING the RTS section.

*shakes head*

16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    My first bike was a single-speed gear where you peddle backwards to brake. ...this causes the back wheel to want to lock up which was great for stopping. In theory.
    Yeah my earliest bike had "back-pedal" brakes. They never struck me as a good idea; harder to use, less control, and not there at all if the chain slips off.

A fixed wheel bike (no gears, no brakes, no free-wheeling) strikes me as exactly the sort of thing Rainbow Dash would ride. Harder and more technical to ride, and arguably more dangerous, but the lighter weight and more efficient drive train makes it easier to go fast. They can also be cheaper than fancy road bikes because there's just less stuff there.
    Last edited by Excession; 2018-09-23 at 04:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Yeah my earliest bike had "back-pedal" brakes. They never struck me as a good idea; harder to use, less control, and not there at all if the chain slips off.
    It's one advantage was it never wore down like handle-brakes do. Very low maintenance. Overall that bike was pretty solid. Other than changing a tire once and occasionally washing it, I never had an issue. I gave it away to a cousin when I moved to college (everything on campus was within reasonable walking distance).

Spoiler: Terminator Jack
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #198

That makes a terrifying amount of sense, given how she just will not quit.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Galactic Liberation Armada ground force Hyena:

(Modification of ESU T-140 MBT, itself a distant descendant of the anicent T-72A.)

Spoiler: Tuned to Perforation!
    Show

Theorhetical selection/ move/attack quotes:

Hyena Tank reporting!
    Shredder in the Sand!

Gatling going!

Shred 'em and dead 'em!
    So many wrecks, so little time!
    Bang bang bang bang! *manical laugh*

(Yes, it's in sci-soviet colours. My CAD aethetic desires only stretch so far - hell, the reason it's in sci-soviet colours not moderns greens is because there was no way I was re-colouring it the first time!)

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Galactic Liberation Armada ground force Hyena:

(Modification of ESU T-140 MBT, itself a distant descendant of the anicent T-72A.)

Spoiler: Tuned to Perforation!
    Show

Theorhetical selection/ move/attack quotes:

Hyena Tank reporting!
    Shredder in the Sand!

Gatling going!

Shred 'em and dead 'em!
    So many wrecks, so little time!
    Bang bang bang bang! *manical laugh*

(Yes, it's in sci-soviet colours. My CAD aethetic desires only stretch so far - hell, the reason it's in sci-soviet colours not moderns greens is because there was no way I was re-colouring it the first time!)

This seems like an anti-personnel or lightly armored vehicle tank.

The cylinders on the back look like fuel containers. That seems like a weak point especially for anti-tank infantry weaponry.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

This seems like an anti-personnel or lightly armored vehicle tank.

The cylinders on the back look like fuel containers. That seems like a weak point especially for anti-tank infantry weaponry.
    It's a modifed T-72 with ERA (explosive reactive armour) with a whacking great gatling (which is basically a bit over twice the size of the A-10's GAU-8, but essentially the same proportions) instead of a main gun and quad autocannons instead of a pintle MG (and a re-designed engine block).

I mean, even with ERA, the T-72 is lighter armoured than, say a Challenger 2 or Leopard 2, so you're not entirely wrong, but that's still "lighter armoured" relative to MBTs around...!

The gatling... Well, it's certainly effective on infantry in the same way the A-10's gatling is, in that it will salsa-ify them, but it is definitely anti-armour.

(I mean, it's not a patch on say, the Revenant Spear's railgun and it is weaker than a contempoaries' railgun or even laser cannon, but it is also cheaper, and cheap, not quite as good but still horribly effective IS in the Galactic Liberation Armada's lexicon.

In point of fact, though, their long-range kinetic interdiction defence systems (and thus the attendant ground force weapons that use the same technology) are the only things that is unique technology to the Galactic Liberation Armada - everything else pretty much comes off the black market.)

The cylinders on the back are fuel containers, that's where the real tanks have them.

Spoiler
    Show

(In fact, all I did with the Hyena is drop them down, because real tanks don't tend to fight with them on (they can't turn the turret all the way around), but the Galactic Liberation Armada are fragging crazy. (Also, the Hyena has enough ammunition that it explode quite spectacularly, since, again, "safety features" are not words in their lexicon.)

Why do I model the fuel tanks on? Because I didn't, when I did the very first T-150 vehicle1 for the sci-sovs. The mounting points are more vulnerable to damage without the fuel tank on them, and the tanks looked a bit odd, almost naked, without them.

1Nominally based on the T-90, which is a modified T-72 and thay ,odel, being the first time I'd tried passingly modelling something from Earth armour is much cruder than the current T-72 or T-90 models.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

So found some Frostpunk X Pony Crossovers.
    https://twitter.com/frostpunkgame/st...906560?lang=en
    Spoiler: The (Pony) City Must Survive
    Show

Well, furthermore, I think Crystal Empire had one...minus need for fuel and "steak tartare".
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

23. - Top - End - #203

Was only a matter of time before that Bowsette meme crashed into Pony.

So found some Frostpunk X Pony Crossovers.
    Frostpunk, huh? I've never heard of the game.

This is a cute Sunset pony:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Was only a matter of time before that Bowsette meme crashed into Pony.
    Rule 85 must be upheld.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Frostpunk, huh? I've never heard of the game.
    It is like a city simulator with you having to build a city in frozen wasteland with a giant coal-powered generator providing heat to the surroundings.

You have to pass laws (mass graves or cemetary, child labors, and the likes) to survive and be aware of frost bites and illness if you work the survivors out in the cold.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

It is like a city simulator with you having to build a city in frozen wasteland with a giant coal-powered generator providing heat to the surroundings.
    *snip*
    You have to pass laws (mass graves or cemetary, child labors, and the likes) to survive and be aware of frost bites and illness if you work the survivors out in the cold.
    Well, my first question is, with the planet hit by a new ice age, why would you go NORTH? Surely the equator would have been a better option (since it appears to be implied that it's Britain - looked like Big Ben in one of those shots)...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-09-26 at 01:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Well, my first question is, with the planet hit by a new ice age, why would you go NORTH? Surely the equator would have been a better option (since it appears to be implied that it's Britain - looked like Big Ben in one of those shots)...
    More to the point, the police helmets on the static image...

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    More to the point, the police helmets on the static image...
    Guh.

Yeah.

It's been a long day and I'm not long done running flat-out for four hours sorting a load of files for a possibly Shapeways replacement.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, in the Beta build's intro, they did try to go the equator and Southern Europe.
    But things actually got worse when superstorm happened, famine and overpopulation, and became uninhabitable.
    Spoiler: Videogame spoiler
    Show
    And a meteor impact in Patagonia, volcano eruption in Kraktoa and Tambora, the dimming of the sun, or all of the above.
    Last edited by t209; 2018-09-26 at 03:19 PM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

I haven't played Frost Punk, but it seems like an interesting setting.

How would ponies react to a massive global cooling event?

The first obvious answer is magic with alicorns and unicorns trying to fix it.

The pegasi could try to clear the clouds which would increase the sun light and increase the temperature.

The earth ponies could try to push out the snow, dig for coal, and gather food for the others.

Overall, I would give ponies a better chance than humans in a massive global cooling event.