New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

View Poll Results: Will you vote on this poll?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 32.64%
  • No

79 23.44%
  • Maybe

61 18.10%
  • What's a poll?

87 25.82%
Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Knee has a facebook? ALL THE SHOCK. ALL THE GASPS.
    I know, right? Now if only a certain High School Junior would get on theirs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Now whar be Ovis *weakly bangs a wooden spoon against the side of a sofa from beneath a circumscription of blankets*
    How come you never ask where I am? :smalljokinglyoffended:
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Dimoplums!

You are there!

So there's no need for Kneebs to ask, eh?

Jokes aside...
    How are you, puppy of the lowest fiend?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Huh, mine's in a week and a half (next Saturday). Pre-emptive Happy Birthday!

Kindle or Kindle Fire? I've got a Kindle Fire and it works okay for browsing here, not so much for posting though.
    Thank you Cristo, and early Happy Birthday to you as well! I wish I knew, I didn't ask her. I'll have to see. Though if I cannot post here there will be little reason to lurk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shardok View Post
    Happy almost birthday man. As far as I know Kindles would be able to browse the site, but considering the way typing works on them it would probably be a bit difficult to post.
    Heh I am certain you will be able to say so much closer to the actual date, but I thank you very much all the same. I figure it is at least worth a try, if possible. Maybe not to superbly respond to many people, but at least to say hi, and offer celebratory beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    So I've hit a bit of a snag in computer assembly. Namely, we don't have any screwdrivers that fit a bunch of screws I need to pull out in order to fit in the video card... because Dad brought his toolbox up with him on his hunting trip. And I have no idea what size I need for it.

Joy.
    Huh...why would he need to bring that while hunting? Strangeness. Anyway I am sorry for your difficulties, and hope for the problem to be corrected post haste. So, this is a new computer for you then, this one you are working on?

ION: Got my birthday gift from my grandma early. Red and black DS Lite. I am supremely overjoyed! Letting it charge a bit, then will probably play some Emerald. Gonna save money for other games of course.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm... I like it when the sky is grey... it's mostly blue today, but there are some clouds. I'd love to see it snow soon, though... my favorite skies are the ones where it's all white... and the snow is nice too.
    The wind is really starting to bite here, you see, and the sunny days still give a little respite. Also my vitamin D levels are through the floor -- I can feel the need to start supplements soon, or it's going to be a lethargic, unproductive, alcoholic winter. *grabs by the lapels of your leather jacket and shakes* IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, AMADOU? IS IT?!?!

You should send us your snow. Hrm... I'd be willing to bet there's a way to make money selling snow online or something... I wonder how difficult that would be to set up? You'd obviously need refrigerated crates, but hrm... I wonder if it's feasible?
    All you Americans are trying to get our water. I have already warned Zodalicious that there will be trouble if she dares to enter such an arrangement -- diplomatic trouble. It begins with a single drop! *grabs by the lapels of your leather jacket and shakes* IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, AMADOU?!?!?! IS IT?!?!?!?!?!11?!?!?!/?

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    So how do people do today? One week until my birthday and I am quite excited. Might be able to get online this weekend if the site works on my mom's Kindle, but if not then you all know where I shall be, and not off dying or anything.
    hAPPY EARLY BIRT... *ahem* Happy early Birthday if I don't speak to you on the day, Help-your-geese. How will you celebrate?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    The latter, me thinks. I am but a college freshman and I'm already on the MUN team--the only way to go is up!~ Or down. I could definitely go down. Far, far down.

I feel that a wise bird like yourself should have known better...
    Some feet will tread all heights now unattained -- why not thine own?

Definitely should have, yes. Definitely should have. But getting that drunk is a sort of temporary suicide, and I really needed to die for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    *snorts* What a nickname, budgiepumpkin!

Oh my Kneeblein, what stresses you out so? Remember, you're always welcome to leave me a message via PM if you ever feel like ranting.

I suppose it's the island weather that ruins everything. Damn thee, Atlantic Ocean! Why must you torment me so?! I mean, it does get somewhat cold, but it's the sort of... unpleasant, wet cold. Not the crisp, merryful cold! Also, you must invest in some fantabulous winter shoes when time and money gives in.

I have to ask - do budgies usually enjoy such waterbaths? Is it common?

You're free to rest on my shoulder for an eternity, if it so be!
    I may do that, thank you. I don't wish to go into all the details in public, let's just say that my plate is a little too full for my comfort.

Yes, the unpleasant wet cold is the worst. I'm so sorry. Do you have sufficient wool in your wardrobe to protect against it? & if you can find shoes that both are fantabulous and will protect my feet to -40 C, I will lay down the cashy-cash!

*rests there, fluffed out into a drowsy little ball* Budgies love baths, yes. Some like to play under a trickling tap, some like shallow dishes, and some even like lettuce baths, shallow water full of lettuce leaves. A budgie having a bath is a truly joyful and playful thing to see. Well almost all budgies like them. Mabel didn't, but that was because of her overly dignified old lady personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Oh, how nature taunts us. The delectable and beautiful snowfall is forever withheld until the time wherein it becomes inconvient, and then it will come with a vengeance.

Ohh, fancy shoes? I have shoes. (They aren't fancy.)

Knee has a facebook? ALL THE SHOCK. ALL THE GASPS.

I'M RIGHT HERE KNEE.. Sorry to hear of your overintoxication. I can assume you had a very enjoyable evening, though?
    Thar be Ovis! *holds head protectively against Ovine loudness* It was enjoyable but abysmally silly and I was seeing double for the last two hours of it. I wasn't quite half-human until 7:30 in the evening yesterday, though. ;___;

It's true, it's true. A gray bleak autumn and then a sudden howling onslaught of winter that wets the feet and corrupts the polished leather. You should look into having some fancy shoes, for they are a high pleasure in this world, and make the feet feel as if to sing and dance in the stride.

How did you find me?!?! I do, but... but... but how?

*cuddles the furry burny dragon-puppy* Ovis is the perfect drug, and I clamour for him just as I clamour to scrape the spiders out from under my skin when he's not around.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-10-21 at 05:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

hAPPY EARLY BIRT... *ahem* Happy early Birthday if I don't speak to you on the day, Help-your-geese. How will you celebrate?

Definitely should have, yes. Definitely should have. But getting that drunk is a sort of temporary suicide, and I really needed to die for a little while.

*rests there, fluffed out into a drowsy little ball*
    Thank you very much dear Kneebeleebelo. Well for this weekend I am going to visit my mom and brothers where they live in the city, one of those days may be a sort of party only with family members, and I was contemplating asking for them and I, us 4, to go out to lunch at Sizzlers, because I just love that place. Otherwise mostly just hanging out with them and having fun, perhaps to the nickle arcade at the nearby mall.

Poor ill Kneebs. I see that currently you rest with our Finnyfriend, so I shall prepare the button nest for a later time for you. I wish you well with resting off your alcohol-induced lethargy. I have, thus far, only had 2 times I felt bad from drink. It isn't pleasant. Somehow I expect you feel worse than I did those times.

And I just had to quote this one because it sounded so adorable. Rest well you cuddly budgie.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Colossus in the Playground

I love snow. Let's switch.

Om nom nom nom. Was any of the food you made very delicious?

ENJOY! I know you've waited for that one so long!
    Gladly. I'd rather not have to shovel every day

Yes! We made sausages and bacon and scrambled eggs by the deep-pan full! Five days of it! The bacon was good, the eggs not AS good but they were decent. Also we made hashbrown potatoes.

I SHALL!

8. - Top - End - #758

I love rain. Not snow so much, but I love big rainstorms with thunder and lightning and gales and glorious, torrential, downpouring rain Snow is just too peaceful when it falls.
    white text is the bestest you might want to look for it
    DeviantART

9. - Top - End - #759
    Firbolg in the Playground

Half three in the morning, can't sleep, what do you do?
    Wash your hair in the sink, watch reviews and things online and complain to your online peeps and friends about your insomnia while shopping for hair salons and appointments and intermittently reading an in-depth (for a given definition of in-depth given the topic) book on the Reformation.
    Early mornings are strange indeed aren't they?
    Could be worse. It's only raining after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #760

Dimoplums!

You are there!

So there's no need for Kneebs to ask, eh?
    It's true, I'm somewhat less prone to sudden disappearance than our mad, woolly friend. I'm always around, even if I'm just lurking in the shadows. Ominously.

Jokes aside...
    How are you, puppy of the lowest fiend?
    Tired. Busy. Sore. Crackly. Wishing I had more time to talk to all of my wonderful internet friends. This Assistant Stage Manager gig is harder than it looked on paper, especially with three-hour rehearsals five days a week. Which reminds me: if any of you happen to be in SE Minnesota between November 20th and 24th, you should come by Winona and see God of Carnage!

How did you find me?!?! I do, but... but... but how?
    SHEEP HAS MAGICS. MAGICS, I SAY.

*cuddles the furry burny dragon-puppy* Ovis is the perfect drug, and I clamour for him just as I clamour to scrape the spiders out from under my skin when he's not around.
    *allows budgie to take fur for nesting*
    It's true, Freak-Fleece is a mind-altering substance.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

11. - Top - End - #761

So I just finished watching Pacific Rim.

I'm glad I wore black pants.

Movie of the year, hands down.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post

Not according to Rotten Tomatoes. And that's the only thing that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Hasn't it been unbearably hot there all summer and rather warm this autumn as well, if I recall correctly from what you've mentioned? Hmm.. To be fair, I have no clue what the temperature is outdoors. All that matters really is the amount of rain and wind.

I prefer PaintTool SAI myself. Gimp is sort of very derpy on Mac in my opinion.

What I don't get is why the UK never seems to prepare for snow and winter. Schools get shut down for a day or two, trains stop moving and everyone's in pure panic when there's like 5 to 10 inches of snow.
    I go to school on a plateau in the American South. We get all low latitude and high elevation fun at the appropriate (and inconvenient) times of year. Summer is painfully hot, and Winter is still pretty cold. Autumn and Spring do quite literally whatever the hell they want to - the past week or so it's alternated between dark grey skies with rain and nearly completely clear skies with sun on a daily basis. I've been told the wind gets quite bad here, but I've yet to experience it in any significant force.
    It has begun to get properly cold, though. I imagine I'll have to put on a jacket or a light coat or something if it's going to be close to freezing in the mornings.

*shrug* GIMP's free, so... (plus, I'm running Win7)

Eh, it's kind of like that back where I'm from. People prepared for stuff (chains on tires, buying food and salt and the like), but the town and the county really didn't, for the most part. I honestly think they were just looking for excuses to close the schools some of the time, although they did do a pretty good job of keeping the roads open. (well, the paved ones, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Tortoise View Post
    Phoo, I don't like GIMP. It is hoooorible for drawing.
    Eh, I can't really draw all that well (despite what FinnLassie might say), and most of what I do draw is done in MS Paint, so... I'm much more concerned about being able to edit images than I am with drawing.

The wind is really starting to bite here, you see, and the sunny days still give a little respite. Also my vitamin D levels are through the floor -- I can feel the need to start supplements soon, or it's going to be a lethargic, unproductive, alcoholic winter. *grabs by the lapels of your leather jacket and shakes* IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, AMADOU? IS IT?!?!
    Vitamin D? Is that what they call the thing you get when you spend too much time in the ambient naturally-occurring light of the outdoors? *shudder* It's almost as foreign to me as most of the other healthy things they tell us we need.

I haven't worn my leather jacket in a good while... Hrm... Perhaps I shall if it continues to be chilly outside this week. *looks at map* Well, tomorrow is supposed to be by far the warmest day of the week, with it probably going below 0C overnight at some point. Hrm... apparently it was actually that cold last night and the night before. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Kneenibble, esquire
    All you Americans are trying to get our water. I have already warned Zodalicious that there will be trouble if she dares to enter such an arrangement -- diplomatic trouble. It begins with a single drop! *grabs by the lapels of your leather jacket and shakes* IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, AMADOU?!?!?! IS IT?!?!?!?!?!11?!?!?!/?
    I'd say you're already taking our water - stealing it from our inland seas and allowing it to collect on your land without due repayment. Plus, it's not like she'd be giving it away; we're talking about a business investment here. Many people like snow, and many people like money. Why not exchange one for the other? I see it as a sound abstract idea. Putting together a feasible project that takes into account the logistical issues might be a bit harder, though...

ION: Damn this cough. I was under the impression that this was over with a week or two ago. *mutter*
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

I can't recall the amount that I have to pay on board as it's deducted from my account automatically... I'll need to ask my Mum one of these days.
    Well, you should be able to check through your bank online too, asuming your bank provides online services...

I'm not sure that this question makes sense... Could you rephrase it?
    Well, you said something which I interpretted as an affirmative that your author (which I've forgotten the name of) draws more in the style of everything being the main part of the scene, following by a statement that you may be biased. When I asked you what opinion you were biased about, you said Austrailian supremacy, which I never quite saw you saying in the first case...

Not as likely. A smaller animal, such as a dog or a cat, is at much greater risk of dying due to tick paralysis. Fortunately, none of our cats have ever been the victim of one, so that's good.
    Tick paralysis? *strolls off to Wikipedia*
    Hmm, must be an American/Australian thing, I've never heard of it myself. No, is was rather refering to Lyme disease (which is treated with antibiotics) and TBE, which lacks proper treatments but can be vaccinated against...

A compost pile shouldn't contain either bones or sticks. At least, not if you intend to use the compost. After all, it's supposed to be soft and easily spread on one's garden...
    Though yes, one should probably wear gloves.
    Well, that depends on what you intend to do with the compost. If you intend to spread it on your lawns, sure, but if your rather are to use it on the flowerbeds, decomposed pieces of sticks aren't going to be a problem, and the chalk from the bones may very well be a welcome addition...

I took a rather long nap. As I woke up, I came to the depressed realisation that the grounds were not covered in sweet, white dusty snow. It was also depressing to notice that I still have all this uni work to do for today.

Damn it Facebook, showing how my friends in Finland are having fun with the first snow.
    If it makes you feel any better, know that the best we've gotten over here are frosty mornings, and that doesn't even seem to be the case today. No, right now it's just a dark, looming greyness seeping from the clouds, chilling your very bones no matter how many layers you wrap yourself up in. It isn't long before November is here, I can feel it...

Heh almost anything can be made more interesting by adding a rollercoaster. Just think if a cake had a miniature rollercoaster for figurines? So awesome. But I like that dream of yours. I have considered architecture before, should my gaming career not take off, and even what I want to do in video game design is mostly focused on wanting to design buildings and scenery.
    (Heh, this time it was I who forgot to multi-quote you. Oh well, rectifying that...)

Over here, at least, architecture is a tough trade to get into, and architects are generally underpaid and in tought competition among eachother for the jobs. And also severely out of touch with society, meaning that many actually are negatively disposed toward much of what's being designed today...

Given, in terms of competition for the jobs, architecture is nothing compared to the games industry...

Also how do you do currently Teddy?
    Well, I've been stressing a bit over my exams (more of that below), and successfully managed to blow my perfect sleep schedule to smithereens this weekend, forcing me to do a 4 hour reset last night (which didn't quite succeed quite as well as I'd wished). Otherwise, I guess I've been doing quite good. I spent most of my last week playing Pokémon X when I didn't study for any exams (I had my first one last Thursday)...

ION:
    I've got my second exam of the semester today. I've been studying for the last three days, so I'm not especially worried, and they're even following the rather unorthodox concept of releasing 75% of the exam (namely the more discussion-oriented questions) 5 hours before it starts, so that we may go through it in groups and look up the facts before we write it. Honestly, I'm pretty certain I'll manage top grade just fine... :3

What doesn't amuse me, though, is that as soon as I finish writing this exam, I'll have to start studying for the next one this Thursday, which is on a subject I still haven't fully grasped (mostly due to the fact that I haven't devoted enough energy toward studying properly). In other words, between that I get home from this exam and start writing the next one, there'll be exactly three things for me to do: eat sleep study...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-10-22 at 01:31 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765

BlackDragon

What I don't get is why the UK never seems to prepare for snow and winter. Schools get shut down for a day or two, trains stop moving and everyone's in pure panic when there's like 5 to 10 inches of snow.
    You've pretty much answered your own question--we don't get heavy snow very often, so rather than spending a fortune preparing for an eventuality that rarely happens, we just don't bother. It's kind of like asking why Finland never prepares for tropical conditions.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    (Heh, this time it was I who forgot to multi-quote you. Oh well, rectifying that...)

Over here, at least, architecture is a tough trade to get into, and architects are generally underpaid and in tought competition among eachother for the jobs. And also severely out of touch with society, meaning that many actually are negatively disposed toward much of what's being designed today...

Given, in terms of competition for the jobs, architecture is nothing compared to the games industry...
    It's alright, as we know it happens.

Huh that doesn't sound so great. I have no clue what the industry is like over here. I'm a little vague on those details. All I know is that yeah, game design is very competitive. With good reason though.

Well, I've been stressing a bit over my exams (more of that below), and successfully managed to blow my perfect sleep schedule to smithereens this weekend, forcing me to do a 4 hour reset last night (which didn't quite succeed quite as well as I'd wished). Otherwise, I guess I've been doing quite good. I spent most of my last week playing Pokémon X when I didn't study for any exams (I had my first one last Thursday)...

ION:
    I've got my second exam of the semester today. I've been studying for the last three days, so I'm not especially worried, and they're even following the rather unorthodox concept of releasing 75% of the exam (namely the more discussion-oriented questions) 5 hours before it starts, so that we may go through it in groups and look up the facts before we write it. Honestly, I'm pretty certain I'll manage top grade just fine... :3

What doesn't amuse me, though, is that as soon as I finish writing this exam, I'll have to start studying for the next one this Thursday, which is on a subject I still haven't fully grasped (mostly due to the fact that I haven't devoted enough energy toward studying properly). In other words, between that I get home from this exam and start writing the next one, there'll be exactly three things for me to do: eat sleep study...
    Yeah it does seem very stressful. Aww poor Teddy. I would help if I possibly could...what subjects are they? Depending on what it is, I could perhaps help you study over the computer. But some subjects...well I suck at them. And Teddy needs rest! I shall prepare the guest bed! *prances off to arrange bedding*

I do hope the game is enjoyable, a few friends have told me about it and I am rather envious. I shall just keep to Emerald and cling to my money until buying a game is possible. But not X or Y, don't have a 3DS. Nope, I shall be happy to get another game, I feel it will be fun.

And all that aside, I bid anyone who reads this, a good night (yes, you there too, in the corner, don't think I didn't notice you ). So yes, sweet dreams all!
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

I love snow.
    I do too. I just hope there willbe some snow back in Sweden when I go there for Christmas. I need at least some snow each year to feel like it's been a proper winter.

I suppose it's the island weather that ruins everything. Damn thee, Atlantic Ocean! Why must you torment me so?! I mean, it does get somewhat cold, but it's the sort of... unpleasant, wet cold. Not the crisp, merryful cold!
    You won't get the nice, crisp, dry cold here in Scotland. It's too close to the coast and the Gulf Stream keeps the weather in that perpetual damp that doesn't lend itself well to nice snowy conditions.

Hasn't it been unbearably hot there all summer and rather warm this autumn as well, if I recall correctly from what you've mentioned? Hmm.. To be fair, I have no clue what the temperature is outdoors. All that matters really is the amount of rain and wind.
    The weather here this year has been a bit weird. very warn and long summer, and even now, the weather is unseasonably warm. it's weird to step outside in the mornings at the end of October to find that the temperature is about 13-14 degrees C. In October it should be nearing 0 and frost in the mornings.

I know Scotland has had better winters than last year, but ugh. Yes, there will be snow, but I doubt it will never be the same as it is in Finland. A good long, proper winter with lots of wintery joy... Not in Scotland, no. Why do I even live here...
    Don't bet on their being snow. Usually, there will be a bit of snow for maybe a day or two, and that's it.

Like factotum said, they know winter is coming, but they never expect it to be very bad, because of the relatively temperate climate, so when it hits, no one's ready for it.It also doesn't help that people don't learn how to drive in snowy/slippery conditions when they get their licences, so they panic when there's a bit of snow on the road, as they don't know how to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You've pretty much answered your own question--we don't get heavy snow very often, so rather than spending a fortune preparing for an eventuality that rarely happens, we just don't bother. It's kind of like asking why Finland never prepares for tropical conditions.
    This is true. The UK don't usually get a lot of heavy snow. However, the definition of 'heavy' differs quite a bit from what Finnie and I are used to compared to what Brits are used to. Here, people panic when there's an inch or two of snow, whereas in Sweden or Finland that would be called 'Tuesday'.

Also, it's a whole lot easier to prepare for tropical conditions than it is for snowy conditions. Tropical conditions, you just get people to shed clothes to stay from getting overheated, tell them to use sun block liberally and to keep hydrated. not a lot of road clearing needed for tropical conditions.
    On the other hand, snowy conditions require a whole lot more coordination and resources as you need to keep the roads and railways clear of snow to keep the infrastructure working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

It's funny, I actually came to the topic today specifically to ask if you'd gotten the DVD.
    Did you also get to see the cut scenes? I've been told there was a lot of them originally, although don't know how many got onto the disc.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    It's funny, I actually came to the topic today specifically to ask if you'd gotten the DVD.
    Did you also get to see the cut scenes? I've been told there was a lot of them originally, although don't know how many got onto the disc.
    I got the two disk special edition. Haven't watched the special features yet, but I plan to today.

20. - Top - End - #770

Only three hours of sleep and I want to say sorry before I post anything that proves it.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, on the Prairies, the threat of snow looms in bleak gray ranks as deep as the sky is broad... and yet not a flake yet falls like a shed feather in twirls to the bare ground.
    We have had much the same issue over here. The skies have often threatened rain, only for the clouds to say their goodbyes to one another and disperse. It is most annoying.

ION: *swaps inkscape for gimp* This is so much easier to use. So much.
    I'd be inclined to look into it to see if what you say is correct, but that would involve having to learn to navigate a new interface, and it took me ages to get used to Inkscape.

Oh okay, that is often forgotten? So very strange. But sensible. I'm always forgetting what I learned back in science.

I guess that can happen. I like my current pair, they aren't too bad, I just know that if I can I should try to get a new pair. I'd talk about how exactly my vision is bad, but I do not remember all of the specifics, just that I am nearsighted.

Yikes. Yeah, no Indonesia then. Other than that offer above from Taet, I don't really have anywhere I could go to stay if leaving where I live; outside of California I don't know many people. I have more friends in other countries than I do in nearby states. And to go to those places I would need to fly. Which I shall do! ...once I am done fearing planes.
    Ah right, I think I have heard this before, about tarts at least. I don't usually have those sweet pies like apple or blueberry or similar. I've had chicken pot pie, it was pretty good. And of course the two sweet ones I mentioned are big favorites...okay now I am getting hungry. Off to the fridge!

It's okay, there are other search engines than google. And if I can get back in contact with my old band teacher who still lives around here, maybe I could ask for any extra sheet music she might have!
    It's cool that you have a store so nearby. I haven't been inside a real music store in a long time. I was given my sax by a family friend, and I always bought reeds and cleaning supplies directly from the band teacher, who went and bought them specifically for that purpose.
    Well, we didn't actually study it in science at school, I just happened to read about it in the search of other information.

Hmm... I really have no idea how bad my eyesight is... And I don't think I've ever known.

The likelihood of such an occurrence is unlikely, but it's not the only bad things that can happen to an Australian tourist travelling there. And don't worry about being afraid of planes, it's still possible to travel aboard a ship. Alas, ocean travel takes so much longer.
    I'd go and have a midnight snack, but alas, my brother is staying with us momentarily, and he's sleeping in the living room and I'd rather not wake him.

It doesn't matter whether there are search engines other than Google, Google is the only one I can be bothered remembering the address for.
    It is cool, but not really when one factors in that I live in a suburb that lies directly on a major road which is lined with shops and other business from the edge of the floodplain of one river almost to the bridge over the next river. (It's not that great a distance as I live not that far from the confluence of the rivers in question.)

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    So I've hit a bit of a snag in computer assembly. Namely, we don't have any screwdrivers that fit a bunch of screws I need to pull out in order to fit in the video card... because Dad brought his toolbox up with him on his hunting trip. And I have no idea what size I need for it.

Joy.
    Hmm... Is there any possibility of obtaining a small set of them? I find they are a very useful thing to keep in one's desk alongside a pencil sharpener.

I have to ask - do budgies usually enjoy such waterbaths? Is it common?
    The Queensland Outback, the ancient and ancestral home of the budgerigar, is a harsh and arid locale, regularly stricken by drought and scorching sunlight. If there is even the slightest chance to revel in the pure joy that comes from immersing one's self in cooling water, I do believe that any budgie would take it, however brief the reprieve from the heat may be.

You should escape the Winter by travelling to Australia. You can sit in the Sunlight for a little time each day to top up your vitamin D. You need only shield yourself from the Sun's more deleterious effects by the proper application of hat, sunglasses and sunscreen, whilst relying on a cooling breeze to combat the heat.
    Alas, I cannot even conceive of a climate where one needs to take vitamin D as the daily chore of hanging washing and removing it from the line seems to be more than enough exposure...

Well, you should be able to check through your bank online too, asuming your bank provides online services...

Well, you said something which I interpretted as an affirmative that your author (which I've forgotten the name of) draws more in the style of everything being the main part of the scene, following by a statement that you may be biased. When I asked you what opinion you were biased about, you said Austrailian supremacy, which I never quite saw you saying in the first case...

Tick paralysis? *strolls off to Wikipedia*
    Hmm, must be an American/Australian thing, I've never heard of it myself. No, is was rather refering to Lyme disease (which is treated with antibiotics) and TBE, which lacks proper treatments but can be vaccinated against...

Well, that depends on what you intend to do with the compost. If you intend to spread it on your lawns, sure, but if your rather are to use it on the flowerbeds, decomposed pieces of sticks aren't going to be a problem, and the chalk from the bones may very well be a welcome addition...
    Here you assume that I engage in online banking. I do not for various reasons, principal among them being that I do not actually have a bank account, I have a credit union account. So it would be online credit unioning. In either case, I still don't do it.
    But, if I remember further, I pay two hundred and twenty dollars a fortnight, which is about thirteen hundred and sixty Krona.

Ah yes... I was saying that I prefer Graeme Base, likely due to the fact that he's Australian and I know his work better.

Fortunately, we do not get those diseases and tick paralysis is only a danger to small children and domestic animals. The tick that causes it is called the paralysis tick to better differentiate from the ticks that don't cause paralysis in dogs and cats.

I have never heard of anyone spreading compost on a lawn... But in any case, sticks would make it more difficult to spread the compost neatly, and really, that's the only objection I can come up with to oppose the inclusion of sticks.
    As for bone... Bones could attract vermin if left sitting around for too long. Also, chalk is a rock formed from sea shells... Is there a translation error I can't see? Though you are correct, the calcium and phosphorus in bone are good for plants, but due to aforementioned problem of possibly attracting vermin, it would be better to buy fertiliser that contains bone rather than risk rats in your house and your neighbours' houses.

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    You won't get the nice, crisp, dry cold here in Scotland. It's too close to the coast and the Gulf Stream keeps the weather in that perpetual damp that doesn't lend itself well to nice snowy conditions.

Also, it's a whole lot easier to prepare for tropical conditions than it is for snowy conditions. Tropical conditions, you just get people to shed clothes to stay from getting overheated, tell them to use sun block liberally and to keep hydrated. not a lot of road clearing needed for tropical conditions.
    On the other hand, snowy conditions require a whole lot more coordination and resources as you need to keep the roads and railways clear of snow to keep the infrastructure working.
    Don't be mean to the Gulf Stream. It helps prevent Europe from freezing over.

I beg to differ. Tropical Summer storms require a lot of road clearing, particularly if they're a cyclone. Yes, the preparation is different, but it's just as important. I mean... If we didn't prepare for the storms over Summer and deal with the aftermath of a storm promptly, we'd be in a really bad situation for the next one. Summer in the tropics isn't all just beach parties, colourful drinks with umbrellas and lounging around the pool discussing just how hot it is.

Also, happy birthday in advance to Halueson and Cristo and whoever else might be having a birthday soon.
    Have some fireworks in case I forget:
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #772

Dear universe,
    I just saw a little kitten-cat get in a fight with a dog roughly the size of a German Shepherd and win with ease.
    You are awesome.

Sincerely,
    Curly

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #773

Well, cats are pretty strong fighters. And dog's don't know the concept of size, so a small thing beating a large dog isn't that unbelievable.

But yes though, awesome!

24. - Top - End - #774

Well, cats are pretty strong fighters. And dog's don't know the concept of size, so a small thing beating a large dog isn't that unbelievable.

But yes though, awesome!
    And quite hilarious, this little kitten-cat saunters calmly past the dog and its owner, the dog starts growling and advancing on the kitten-cat.
    Kitten-cat pauses, turns around and goes ballistic.
    Fifteen seconds later the dog's backed as far away as its lead will allow and I'm laughing, the owner is agog, but also laughing a bit. The kitten-cat saunters on, not a care in the world.

And people wonder why I'm a cat girl.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you very much dear Kneebeleebelo. Well for this weekend I am going to visit my mom and brothers where they live in the city, one of those days may be a sort of party only with family members, and I was contemplating asking for them and I, us 4, to go out to lunch at Sizzlers, because I just love that place. Otherwise mostly just hanging out with them and having fun, perhaps to the nickle arcade at the nearby mall.
    That sounds like wholesome fun. Will you be enjoying the pleasures of steak and lobster, then? The old surf 'n' turf? Ruminant-crustacean marriage? Bovine-homarid romance? Hoof and claw? Beef 'n' reef? Trample 'n' pinch? I hope it's a great time!

By the way, I learned just now that there is a creature called a Furry Lobster. Let us acquire one as a mascot for the thread, as a creature [I imagine, at least] pleasant both to stroke and to eat.

Poor ill Kneebs. I see that currently you rest with our Finnyfriend, so I shall prepare the button nest for a later time for you. I wish you well with resting off your alcohol-induced lethargy. I have, thus far, only had 2 times I felt bad from drink. It isn't pleasant. Somehow I expect you feel worse than I did those times.

And I just had to quote this one because it sounded so adorable. Rest well you cuddly budgie.
    Finnamigo seems to be absent at the moment, so I am coming right now to fling those buttons around higgledy-piggledy. BRACE YOURSELF FOR A MESS! & thank you for your sympathy, but I really don't deserve it.

*falls asleep amidst a jumble of buttons and shed fluff*

Tired. Busy. Sore. Crackly. Wishing I had more time to talk to all of my wonderful internet friends. This Assistant Stage Manager gig is harder than it looked on paper, especially with three-hour rehearsals five days a week. Which reminds me: if any of you happen to be in SE Minnesota between November 20th and 24th, you should come by Winona and see God of Carnage!
    Crackly! Hoo boy. Well best of luck with the show. Assistant Stage Managers are never unappreciated, honestly. But you must be spreading yourself pretty thin to manage that...

SHEEP HAS MAGICS. MAGICS, I SAY.

*allows budgie to take fur for nesting*
    It's true, Freak-Fleece is a mind-altering substance.
    All these statements are true. *preens fur into tight ringlets* But let it not diminish the enjoyment available from Dimonitus, either.

Vitamin D? Is that what they call the thing you get when you spend too much time in the ambient naturally-occurring light of the outdoors? *shudder* It's almost as foreign to me as most of the other healthy things they tell us we need.
    And yet, hear this quick convolution of logic. Vitamin D helps bones bind calcium. Calcium is a metal. Vitamin D therefore makes you more metal. Is this not desirable? It can be taken as pills, you need not annog your cave adaptation with the discomfort of sunlight.

I want a leather jacket. ;___; How long have you had yours?

I'd say you're already taking our water - stealing it from our inland seas and allowing it to collect on your land without due repayment. Plus, it's not like she'd be giving it away; we're talking about a business investment here. Many people like snow, and many people like money. Why not exchange one for the other? I see it as a sound abstract idea. Putting together a feasible project that takes into account the logistical issues might be a bit harder, though...
    Your inland seas? Normally I don't mind a little sophistry, but this is perilous! A little snow deal like this would set a precedent for corporate resource acquisition. And if Zodalicious got rich I doubt a little bird from the Prairies would ever get his taste. No, it doesn't wash at all! I'll be watching your communications with her, I promise.

ION: Damn this cough. I was under the impression that this was over with a week or two ago. *mutter*
    YOU GOTTA QUIT SMOKIN' EH
    Try my fire potion from the Sore Throat Remedies thread
    It will expunge your cough as gently as the Mennonites were expunged from Red Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Only three hours of sleep and I want to say sorry before I post anything that proves it.
    Nooo, don't hold back! Get loopy and incoherent! I love people when they are all strung out and weird from too little sleep.

We have had much the same issue over here. The skies have often threatened rain, only for the clouds to say their goodbyes to one another and disperse. It is most annoying.
    *hugs Elementalis*

In autumn it's fine, but that bothers me a lot during summer. I keep thinking "oh yay it will rain, how good for the garden I don't have to water it!" and then the clouds buzz off without so much as the courtesy of a sprinkle. Raintease!

The Queensland Outback, the ancient and ancestral home of the budgerigar, is a harsh and arid locale, regularly stricken by drought and scorching sunlight. If there is even the slightest chance to revel in the pure joy that comes from immersing one's self in cooling water, I do believe that any budgie would take it, however brief the reprieve from the heat may be.
    Indeed: that ancestral instinct is deeply programmed in domesticated fluffs, who revel in the pleasure of water with joyful abandon. I believe I have posted this video before of a huge flock of budgies at a watering hole. Here is one of a pet budgie in a lettuce bath.

You should escape the Winter by travelling to Australia. You can sit in the Sunlight for a little time each day to top up your vitamin D. You need only shield yourself from the Sun's more deleterious effects by the proper application of hat, sunglasses and sunscreen, whilst relying on a cooling breeze to combat the heat.
    Alas, I cannot even conceive of a climate where one needs to take vitamin D as the daily chore of hanging washing and removing it from the line seems to be more than enough exposure...
    I perceive a Queensland summer would be quite pleasant, actually. A look at the climate chart shows me that it isn't nearly as intense as Chennai, which I survived, somehow. Nor wildly more warm than ours -- just longer and more humid. Plus in addition to Vitamin D there is also Vitamin C[ompany]. I am on my way! *begins another ill-advised Transoceanic flight*

Our winters get a remarkably large amount of sunlight, in spite of the shorter days -- it's just that not enough skin is ever exposed, nor enough time spent outdoors, to make full use of it. Some people are more susceptible to its lack than others. I feel the effects without supplementation, unfortunately.

Also,
    *nibbles Teddifer, to whom I have not said hello in some very long time*

26. - Top - End - #776

Crackly! Hoo boy.
    Yep. Every morning, I get up and crack 10 knuckles, both knees, and several vertebrae. And then pretty much every other joint in my body throughout the day.

Well best of luck with the show. Assistant Stage Managers are never unappreciated, honestly. But you must be spreading yourself pretty thin to manage that...
    Oh, don't get me wrong - I love the job. Except for the part where I stop the actors mid-sentence to correct their lines. Man, I feel like a massive douche when I have to do that. But it is a bit tiring, yes.

All these statements are true. *preens fur into tight ringlets* But let it not diminish the enjoyment available from Dimonitus, either.

Your inland seas? Normally I don't mind a little sophistry, but this is perilous! A little snow deal like this would set a precedent for corporate resource acquisition. And if Zodalicious got rich I doubt a little bird from the Prairies would ever get his taste. No, it doesn't wash at all! I'll be watching your communications with her, I promise.
    How about this: if Speedasaurus Drex buys snow from Zodi, I'll buy some from you! Then you can both get fabulously rich.

ION: Huzzah for University Improvement Day! *dances because no classes*
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, we didn't actually study it in science at school, I just happened to read about it in the search of other information.
    Oh, well okay then. So, the plan might be a little bit more difficult.

... I really have no idea how bad my eyesight is... And I don't think I've ever known.
    Really? What is it like without your glasses then?

The likelihood of such an occurrence is unlikely, but it's not the only bad things that can happen to an Australian tourist travelling there. And don't worry about being afraid of planes, it's still possible to travel aboard a ship. Alas, ocean travel takes so much longer.
    I'd go and have a midnight snack, but alas, my brother is staying with us momentarily, and he's sleeping in the living room and I'd rather not wake him.
    Well it was a scary thing to mention, so yeah. I would figure there might be other issues, but possible drug implications are nerve racking. I suppose if I had to I could, but I do want to actually get over my fear at some point.

It doesn't matter whether there are search engines other than Google, Google is the only one I can be bothered remembering the address for.
    It is cool, but not really when one factors in that I live in a suburb that lies directly on a major road which is lined with shops and other business from the edge of the floodplain of one river almost to the bridge over the next river. (It's not that great a distance as I live not that far from the confluence of the rivers in question.)
    This is quite true. It's my standard search engine too. Still if I really want the music, I'll be willing to look everywhere.
    Ah...so there is a lot going on around there then I think?

Also, happy birthday in advance to Halueson and Cristo and whoever else might be having a birthday soon.
    Have some fireworks in case I forget:
    Thank you very much Elekind!

Dear universe,
    I just saw a little kitten-cat get in a fight with a dog roughly the size of a German Shepherd and win with ease.
    You are awesome.

Sincerely,
    Curly
    Heh wow, go kitten!

That sounds like wholesome fun. Will you be enjoying the pleasures of steak and lobster, then? The old surf 'n' turf? Ruminant-crustacean marriage? Bovine-homarid romance? Hoof and claw? Beef 'n' reef? Trample 'n' pinch? I hope it's a great time!

By the way, I learned just now that there is a creature called a Furry Lobster. Let us acquire one as a mascot for the thread, as a creature [I imagine, at least] pleasant both to stroke and to eat.
    It should be very great fun indeed! And hmm, maybe, if we have the money for it. I have actually never had more than a couple bites of lobster when someone in my family got some at Red Lobster, so I only remember that it was good. Hehe beef 'n' reef, best one of the lot.

Really then? I shall have to look this up, and we can post a pic of it in the first post and everyone will love our little Furry Lobster!

Finnamigo seems to be absent at the moment, so I am coming right now to fling those buttons around higgledy-piggledy. BRACE YOURSELF FOR A MESS! & thank you for your sympathy, but I really don't deserve it.

*falls asleep amidst a jumble of buttons and shed fluff*
    Heh the mess is worth it for a friend to be happy. I'll just rearrange them sometime later, possibly, when I am done procrastinating. And it doesn't matter if it is deserved or not, sympathy is always given to the ill friends. That is how I am.

Greetings to all, and I hope you all have wondrous days/nights! Gonna be going to play more Deathwatch tonight, and slice up more aliens! Although at least there it is easier to have time to post here, if it is required.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

It's alright, as we know it happens.
    Hehehe...

Huh that doesn't sound so great. I have no clue what the industry is like over here. I'm a little vague on those details. All I know is that yeah, game design is very competitive. With good reason though.
    True, but the hype is a bit over the top. Right now, Swedish colleges are educating way more game designers than even our quite tremendous (in relation to capita) games industry will be able to find jobs for...

Given, as a true programmer, and a somewhat talented one at that, I'd have an easier time (once I get my degree) since I could do engine programming rather than just scripting, which isn't quite such a competitive business. Still, the working conditions in the games industry is far below that of just about any other industry for my qualifications. The only way I'm entering it would be as an indie developer with my own company if I ever decide to carry through with some of the plans I have...

Yeah it does seem very stressful. Aww poor Teddy. I would help if I possibly could...what subjects are they? Depending on what it is, I could perhaps help you study over the computer. But some subjects...well I suck at them. And Teddy needs rest! I shall prepare the guest bed! *prances off to arrange bedding*
    Scientific Computing last Thursday, and Computer Communication today. The day after tomorrow is Transform Methods, which isn't too hard once you grasp the methods, but you need to know how to apply them properly in which occations...

And I still haven't started studying. Tomorrow will be a long day...

I do hope the game is enjoyable, a few friends have told me about it and I am rather envious. I shall just keep to Emerald and cling to my money until buying a game is possible. But not X or Y, don't have a 3DS. Nope, I shall be happy to get another game, I feel it will be fun.
    Oh, yes it is. It makes me feel a bit like a child again! :3

And make sure you have lots of fun too! :3

I'd be inclined to look into it to see if what you say is correct, but that would involve having to learn to navigate a new interface, and it took me ages to get used to Inkscape.
    If you want a simple program to draw in, stick to Inkscape or look to commercial software. I tend to use Gimp as an example of the best and worst sides of open source software. It has every function you can ask of it, and it's free, but beyond the absolute basics, it's a chore to find what you're looking for, because no one is willing to pay someone to make Gimp simple to use. I suspect the reason Ami finds Gimp so much better is because image editing in Inkscape is a poor idea (given, I use it to crop screenshots of my scribbles since the entire process is extremely straightforward, but that's about it).

There is no such thing as hanging washing to dry outside when the temperature has dropped below zero...

Here you assume that I engage in online banking. I do not for various reasons, principal among them being that I do not actually have a bank account, I have a credit union account. So it would be online credit unioning. In either case, I still don't do it.
    But, if I remember further, I pay two hundred and twenty dollars a fortnight, which is about thirteen hundred and sixty Krona.
    What is a credit union, and how is it different from a bank?

Hmm, yeah, that's about half of what I pay, a third of what I intend to pay.

Ah yes... I was saying that I prefer Graeme Base, likely due to the fact that he's Australian and I know his work better.
    Hehehe, I see. Well, I think his pictures are a bit over the top, so I prefer Sven Nordqvist, but then again, I may be biased... ;3

I have never heard of anyone spreading compost on a lawn... But in any case, sticks would make it more difficult to spread the compost neatly, and really, that's the only objection I can come up with to oppose the inclusion of sticks.
    As for bone... Bones could attract vermin if left sitting around for too long. Also, chalk is a rock formed from sea shells... Is there a translation error I can't see? Though you are correct, the calcium and phosphorus in bone are good for plants, but due to aforementioned problem of possibly attracting vermin, it would be better to buy fertiliser that contains bone rather than risk rats in your house and your neighbours' houses.
    Well, spreading earth on a lawn isn't an unknown phenomenon to me, and compost is more or less fine grade earth...

As for sticks, for as long as they're not too thick, they tend to become brittle when decomposing and will thus snap if you stab the compost with a shovel a few times...

And yes, it was a translation error. The problem is that the word "kalk" in Swedish, which may mean both "calcium" and "limestone", sounds confusingly similar to "chalk" (which actually is translated as "krita"). Since I play Dwarf Fortress, I should know this, so I blame being tired...

And as for vermin, it's only really a problem if you have that sort of vermin around in the first place. Over here, the rats are more city-dwelling than suburban...

Also,
    *nibbles Teddifer, to whom I have not said hello in some very long time*
    *is nibbled, nuzzles Kneenie-Fluff in return* :3
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

True, but the hype is a bit over the top. Right now, Swedish colleges are educating way more game designers than even our quite tremendous (in relation to capita) games industry will be able to find jobs for...

Given, as a true programmer, and a somewhat talented one at that, I'd have an easier time (once I get my degree) since I could do engine programming rather than just scripting, which isn't quite such a competitive business. Still, the working conditions in the games industry is far below that of just about any other industry for my qualifications. The only way I'm entering it would be as an indie developer with my own company if I ever decide to carry through with some of the plans I have...
    I really should have asked sooner. You are a programmer? +very many awesome points to you Teddy. I still need to learn more about what skills I will be using for Game Art and Design (as the program is called in this school), before seeing how I shall fit into the field. But if you were ever to do indie work in the future, maybe when I have learned more I could potentially help? I think it'd be fun.

Scientific Computing last Thursday, and Computer Communication today. The day after tomorrow is Transform Methods, which isn't too hard once you grasp the methods, but you need to know how to apply them properly in which occations...

And I still haven't started studying. Tomorrow will be a long day...
    Ah okay. Definitely not things I know. Still I had to at least offer the help. I wish you the best with the studying then.

Oh, yes it is. It makes me feel a bit like a child again! :3

And make sure you have lots of fun too! :3
    Hehe the games can do that, though a certain friend of mine who's been playing through all of the games does point out that the storyline in the games has been maturing quite a bit. It isn't all childlike now.

I am certain that I shall. I need to train for a certain very annoying Gym Leader. But I know I can do this.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep. Every morning, I get up and crack 10 knuckles, both knees, and several vertebrae. And then pretty much every other joint in my body throughout the day.
    I wish to follow you around and hear these things. I love that noise.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I love the job. Except for the part where I stop the actors mid-sentence to correct their lines. Man, I feel like a massive douche when I have to do that. But it is a bit tiring, yes.
    Have you been instructed to do that? Usual practice is to record all mistakes during rehearsal and tell them afterwards during notes. Because... no offense, I would blow a lid trying to rehearse a scene being constantly interrupted like that.

I guess it depends how far along the process you are. If, say, you open in four days, yeah, you should probably be interrupting for line errors.

How about this: if Speedasaurus Drex buys snow from Zodi, I'll buy some from you! Then you can both get fabulously rich.

ION: Huzzah for University Improvement Day! *dances because no classes*
    I would hate to start business in competition with Zodalicious. She has demonstrated a ball-breaking shrewdness in her dealings which gives me pause. It would be a photo finish for who can exercise more sex appeal, too. I appreciate your offer, though, and will send you 1 (one) courtesy kidney cooler filled with fluff from the first enduring snowfall.

Note, that you and Speedasaurus will be but first clients. The cigarette company or the motorcar that get an ad company on its feet. From there, I aim as high as I can throw this crazy snowball. Just think -- whiskey with lunch! Cigars in the office! Sexual harassment of young secretaries in close-fitting trousers! Let's party like it's 1959, by George!

It should be very great fun indeed! And hmm, maybe, if we have the money for it. I have actually never had more than a couple bites of lobster when someone in my family got some at Red Lobster, so I only remember that it was good. Hehe beef 'n' reef, best one of the lot.
    As for me, I have not tasted lobster in my adult life. It must be good. What will you eat at this place Sizzler then? For we do not have it this side of the 49th, and my Guggling instructed me that it is a sort of steak and seafood joint.

Really then? I shall have to look this up, and we can post a pic of it in the first post and everyone will love our little Furry Lobster!
    Here, at least, is the Wikipedia image -- it sits just on the right side of adorable and horrible, to my eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show

*hugs for the Halueseneal kindness*

There is no such thing as hanging washing to dry outside when the temperature has dropped below zero...
    Although if there be sufficient sunlight, I believe it can sublime the ice right out of the washing. Can it not?

I don't have a dryer and hang my things in the cellar over winter, where they never develop that lovely outdoors freshness that I get in summer. ;___;

*is nibbled, nuzzles Kneenie-Fluff in return* :3
    Yay! Nice to see you!