New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

View Poll Results: Will you vote on this poll?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 32.64%
  • No

79 23.44%
  • Maybe

61 18.10%
  • What's a poll?

87 25.82%
Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051526792 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3016
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

I'm a young doctor and I just got qualified for a medical rehabilitation specialization course near my home, which means I don't have to move and can begin looking for a flat for me & my fiancee and then we can marry and I know nobody cares but I'm just so frakking happy right now
    OotS Quiz Junkie

Spoiler
    Show

Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to deliver us from danger.
    Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to invest this metal carcass with your spirit.
    Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to bring life unto the inanimate.
    Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to summon forth the holy en-Djinn
    Incantation of the Mechanicus

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Nicknaming is one of my highest social pleasures! My brother and I both do it, and wind up so far from the person's actual name up to our necks in silliness.
    I love your nicknames, they're so great

Finn's are too, of course!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-10-29 at 12:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Bugbear in the Playground

Interesting, Dimonitoid. Thank you for clearing this up. What does your pedant hat look like?
    Much like this, but mine has an eagle's plume set into the strap (worry not, it was a gift from the forest, not one stolen against the eagle's will):
    Spoiler
    Show

Always he is about, just on the other side of the barrier between the third and fourth dimension where a pure sky drifts with careless fleecy clouds. He must be summoned, however, with a cup of mulled wine set in a circumscription of sprinkled roquettes: and the words, spoken with the eyes closed while turning counterclockwise thrice, "sötnos, sötnos, sötnos."
    Sadly, I lack wine - this is a dry campus, after all. I also lack roquettes, although that could be more easily remidied. I shall simply await his returning.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-10-29 at 01:03 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Hehehe, a stray lantern in those waters and...
    As wrecking is illegal I admit to nothing. But yes, a few stray lanterns, or perhaps some too trusting captains might find their ship lighter of cargo than it once was. And really, anything that washes up or is on a wreck is fair gain. Or at least it was. Now you just have to make sure you're not caught doing it.
    This is, of course, theft, and as such it cannot be condoned or encouraged.

Speaking of many shipwrecks, the Baltic sea has the highest concentration of shipwrecks in the world, if I remember correctly. This isn't because it's a particularly perilous sea, but rather because the properties of the water preserve old shipwrecks really well, meaning you can find still mostly intact viking ships, among others...
    Cool. The waters around here are quite rough in parts, so they're not exactly perfectly conducive to preservation, but if it sinks in the right spot, and the currents are right . . .

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    When you have a coastline consisting mostly of cliffs and jagged rock formations, bordering the busiest shipping lanes in the world, I don't think it's too much of a surprise that you get a lot of wrecks.
    :smallshrug:
    Anyone who sails in too close to some of the waters around here is begging for a slap on the head, you'd think people would try to keep to open waters.
    And I don't think they were always some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world.

Browsing my memory files, from QI or Antiques Roadshow or some documentary piece of Britannia... was there not, even, a specific beach where shipwreck flotsam washed up so frequently that there was a class of professional beachcombers? I seem to recall vaguely an incredibly old object on Antiques Roadshow brought in by a guy whose father did that for a living...
    Things from wrecks wash up all the time, and given the rapidity with which locals and others began looting that cargo hauler that washed up in Devon some five or so years ago it's probably fairly likely.
    We're a series of islands in the north-west Atlantic, we take what winds up on our shores.
    God don't I sound all Romantic and stuff?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pantler View Post
    I'm a young doctor and I just got qualified for a medical rehabilitation specialization course near my home, which means I don't have to move and can begin looking for a flat for me & my fiancee and then we can marry and I know nobody cares but I'm just so frakking happy right now
    I may not know you, but I can offer an empathetic congratulations for this good news sir.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I love your nicknames, they're so great

Finn's are too, of course!
    Thank you, Laser Doodle. They are a sign of affection and fun in me. Finns, in turn, are indeed great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Much like this, but mine has an eagle's plume set into the strap (worry not, it was a gift from the forest, not one stolen against the eagle's will):
    Spoiler
    Show

Sadly, I lack wine - this is a dry campus, after all. I also lack roquettes, although that could be more easily remidied. I shall simply await his returning.
    A goodly hat. I would not worry -- it seems very unlikely that anybody would be able to pilfer any feather from an eagle without killing it first. It is actually quite auspicious to find one, particularly from the wing. Do you truly have this thing?

Oh my dear fellow, no, you shouldn't be doing summonings on campus anyways! To rightly conjure Teddy you ought to be in a pristine forest of birch, preferably with a clear spring living nearby. Shirley wine is not proscribed out there, beyond the penstroke of man's laws?

Things from wrecks wash up all the time, and given the rapidity with which locals and others began looting that cargo hauler that washed up in Devon some five or so years ago it's probably fairly likely.
    We're a series of islands in the north-west Atlantic, we take what winds up on our shores.
    God don't I sound all Romantic and stuff?
    It wounds me, as a scion of that great stock, to hear the echoes of disillusionment in the Empire in your words. Have you truly lost your faith in the Isle, which is so much more than that? Does the spectre of Victoria no longer wax her strength in your heart?

I love the idea of living as a beach ghoul. Finding sea glass is exciting enough -- imagine a coin, or a pot, or a luckless bone.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-10-29 at 01:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Does this sentence imply that after a while you stopped getting along? How long did it take? Any advice? My gentleman friend has been staying at my place on weekends, and it goes very well -- although the secret has been for me, who am quite an introvert, to find things to do on my own for an hour or two each day. However, I don't know how it would go for longer than a weekend. I am a person who needs space.
    What? No, no. My brain goofed up, I should have said "well," not "long." We had a little spat a few days in, but that was mainly due to some friends being ridiculously annoying ... Anyway, personal time is definitely a good thing for whenever you're living with someone. I've been seeing my girlfriend most every weekend, and even though it's LDS and I'm always really happy to see her, I'm still glad that I get about two hours of alone time.

CAN'T IT BE BOTH?!?! ;___; I'M PRETTY SHIR OVIS LIKES SKA ALSO.
    Sure! It's just that Sheep's never been one for Ska. Third wave's where it's at, yo. (Is fourth wave a thing? Some people seem to believe that it is.)

ION: Time to get back to writing for my seminar. I got a B+ on my Japanese midterm and an A- on my latest Art History assignment--hope I did so well on the midterm for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #1237

BlackDragon

And I don't think they were always some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world.
    I think the English Channel has always seen a lot of shipping--even back in the Stone Age and Roman times there was a surprising amount of trade between the British Isles and the rest of Europe.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

'Tis a most curious and silly fear, Wombutt: that scene in The Labyrinth must unnerve you more than most. Do you know how it came about?

I like that you wrote mayhen. Yes, it would be a veritable orgy of mayhens and maycocks. Would that I had the perspicacity for silly draws anymore.

Nicknaming is one of my highest social pleasures! My brother and I both do it, and wind up so far from the person's actual name up to our necks in silliness.
    It IS curious. My fiancee is perplexed by it (and is trying to cure me...I call it cruelty... ;___; ) *rubs posterior at the nickname* Bubbles on the tele don't bother me. It's the real life, in your face, large bubbles that cause anxiety. I have no idea. I remember NOT minding bubbles. It was when my mother got remarried. Ironically, my favorite episode of sponge bob is the bubble blowing episode. Not that I really like that show. But that one amused me.

I should have written Mayhen and Womder. If I had photoshop back (harddrive failure and limited internets) I'd make an attempt...

I love the nicknames you come up with. They always make me smile.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2013-10-29 at 01:43 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

9. - Top - End - #1239

My sister just gave me a call.

From her room. Which is right next to mine.

Because that's what you do.

10. - Top - End - #1240

NecromancerGuy

She is an odd duck, aye. Was she always weird or did this mostly start up around when she became a teenager?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #1241

She is an odd duck, aye. Was she always weird or did this mostly start up around when she became a teenager?
    She was always this weird.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    What? No, no. My brain goofed up, I should have said "well," not "long." We had a little spat a few days in, but that was mainly due to some friends being ridiculously annoying ... Anyway, personal time is definitely a good thing for whenever you're living with someone. I've been seeing my girlfriend most every weekend, and even though it's LDS and I'm always really happy to see her, I'm still glad that I get about two hours of alone time.
    What's LDS, precious? Long distance sort of thing? Any other acronyms don't seem to fit the context...

Sure! It's just that Sheep's never been one for Ska. Third wave's where it's at, yo. (Is fourth wave a thing? Some people seem to believe that it is.)

ION: Time to get back to writing for my seminar. I got a B+ on my Japanese midterm and an A- on my latest Art History assignment--hope I did so well on the midterm for that.
    How do you know so much more about him than I? O Ovis, when did you become as a stranger to me ;___; And you. Cozening him like a brother. You ought to be ashamed, you and your waves.

Good job though.

I like to text people who are sitting next to me in the car.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-10-29 at 03:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243

I like to text people who are sitting next to me in the car.
    I can...vaguely see why you'd do that.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

I can...vaguely see why you'd do that.
    Usually something completely banal like

HI ZODALICIOUS

HI

15. - Top - End - #1245

Usually something completely banal like

HI ZODALICIOUS

HI
    XP

Okay, see, that's okay. But when you call me from literally the otherside of the door to go "could you turn up our TV please because your remote works for our tv and we lost ours", you're kind of abusing the phone.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

XP

Okay, see, that's okay. But when you call me from literally the otherside of the door to go "could you turn up our TV please because your remote works for our tv and we lost ours", you're kind of abusing the phone.
    She probably wasn't wearing pants. Do you know how annoying it is to have to put on pants to go ask something for a minute only to take them off again afterwards? So annoying. I mean come on.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ettin in the Playground

ION:
    The "Go to first unread post" button seems to be acting up for me. For the last week or so, it's been skipping posts, often entire pages. Does this happen anyone else?
    It's skipped a post or two for me, although nothing so egregious as a page yet.

True. I tend to just pick amusing mental images and run with them. And if you strive to be fast, you can usually do it without having to kill your schedule. There are limits, though...

Agreed! I hope you had a blast! :3
    Yeah... but every fifteen minutes, half hour, or hour I spend drawing one of those is that much less motivation I have left to spend on my actual work... it happens when it happens, I suppose.

Well, I'd hardly count "being flagged down by the bus stop to say hi", "saying hi whilst getting food", and "a conversation on facebook" a blast, per se, but it was nice to interact with people, as it were. Not often I see that many people I know well in a given day.

I was at a concert on Saturday evening and the final piece was Danse Macabre -- the nutty solo piano arrangement by Liszt. I just love it. A lot of the other pieces, the Rachmaninoff for example, were just too many notes! The super baroque Lully at the beginning and the Liszt at the end were the best, for me.

My wonky vision saw that sentence as "a surprisingly amount of high people" at first. Then I pictured you talking to all these stoned weirdos with an expression of vaguely sardonic exasperation. It was quite amusing.
    *looks up piece* Agreed. I rather like that, actually.
    Well, yes, but saying "Rachmaninoff" and "too many notes" is just redundant.

Heheheh, no, I'm pretty sure they were all completely sober. Even Rafiki seemed to be, and he's the one I'd most suspect of that. (especially having just moved to Colorado, of all places )
    I will say that drunk people are more amusing than stoned people, to watch, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Heh, dry campuses. What a silly notion.
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #1248

She probably wasn't wearing pants. Do you know how annoying it is to have to put on pants to go ask something for a minute only to take them off again afterwards? So annoying. I mean come on.
    First it's my sister so ew, bad thoughts XP

Secondly she had pants on.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, hows it going?

I had a meeting with a career counselor yesterday, and throughout the whole thing I was depressed. I guess I'm going through a bit of an identity crisis. The thing is, I don't know what I want to do for a living. I went with options my mother would be happy with, such as Graphic Designer, or Web Developer. Of course, I managed to put in Script Writer as well as Creative Writer , although it is a shame I didn't put in Cartoonist. I feel so frustrated and confused, I don't have the slightest clue what kind of career I should pursue.
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2013-10-29 at 03:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

If she wouldn't come out, how did you know she had pants on?

Also, I have seen people sitting next to each other texting each other. I find this somewhat unusual, unless you are doing it just for fun. Or maybe humanity has devolved and now relies on technology for all of our basic needs.
    AH! Must get away from computer before it takes over my brainnnnnnnnn
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

21. - Top - End - #1251

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post

Also, I have seen people sitting next to each other texting each other. I find this somewhat unusual, unless you are doing it just for fun. Or maybe humanity has devolved and now relies on technology for all of our basic needs.
    I had to go into her room to turn up the TV.

22. - Top - End - #1252

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post

Obviously they don't want anyone eavesdropping or they're really vapid. Dismissive Snap Judgments, Away!

First it's my sister so ew, bad thoughts XP

And here I thought sisters didn't care about whether they were wearing pants around one another so long as there's no actual nudity involved.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Troll in the Playground

I will respond to people later...

Right now I'm killing myself painting my Dwarf Fortress mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

24. - Top - End - #1254

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post

Dwarf Fortress mask? Intriguing. Good luck, hope the going gets smoother.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

Dwarf Fortress mask? Kind of an interesting project, to which I wish you the best of luck.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

Dwarf Fortress mask? Intriguing. Good luck, hope the going gets smoother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Dwarf Fortress mask? Kind of an interesting project, to which I wish you the best of luck.
    Nothing too complicated, just a wee mask for Hallowe'en. But it's so frustrating. Not sure if I'll have the time to make a Cat for myself.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #1257

And here I thought sisters didn't care about whether they were wearing pants around one another so long as there's no actual nudity involved.
    Nope that's just in movies and stuff. Also my sister is gross ew no.

Okay! Good luck Finn! Hopefully you'll have some time later to do other stuff maybe! *hint hint*

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

Okay! Good luck Finn! Hopefully you'll have some time later to do other stuff maybe! *hint hint*
    Guess who spent her lecture scribbling...

aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

29. - Top - End - #1259

Guess who spent her lecture scribbling...

Oh man, so excited

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Bugbear in the Playground

A goodly hat. I would not worry -- it seems very unlikely that anybody would be able to pilfer any feather from an eagle without killing it first. It is actually quite auspicious to find one, particularly from the wing. Do you truly have this thing?
    I did once, when I was young. I outgrew the hat, however, and was robbed of the eagle's plume by an untimely gust of wind.

Oh my dear fellow, no, you shouldn't be doing summonings on campus anyways! To rightly conjure Teddy you ought to be in a pristine forest of birch, preferably with a clear spring living nearby. Shirley wine is not proscribed out there, beyond the penstroke of man's laws?
    The nearest birch forest is several hours' drive from here, however, and I lack a means of transportation. Also I'm too young to even buy the wine I'd want.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Heh, dry campuses. What a silly notion.
    Well it doesn't stop anyone from drinking, true. But I like it in that it keeps my roommate from getting drunk while actually in our room.

ION: Went to the humane society today and made friends with several beautiful tortiseshell cats. And got my stomach scratched up by the kneading of a tabby with very active salivary glands.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.