New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 20: Another day, another disaster

Terrific Elf Relief Shelter

Elimnae gets a short shriek out before her muscles start to clench and contract, and she drops her sabre. Her blackened, skeletal arm doesn't move like the rest; it's moved by the effort of her will, not her nerves, so doesn't react to the electricity playing merry hell on them. She collapses to the floor, knocked unconscious, her clothing smoking and her body marked with the branching tree-like scar of a lightning strike.

She's still alive; her life-magic has done that, and it's healing away most of the scars as well. It's not touching her dead arm, nor is it affecting her tattoos. This... Might have consequences, if Laura looks closely.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Northside - Fourth Tower Compound]

The wasp shows no reaction, it kind just hangs in the air there, looking at the angel with its wasp-y eyes.

It should be noted that the ape-woman in yellow actually has some grasp on insect-like communication so she might actually have some understanding on what is being told.

"Oh. You're from Inside then. So I guess I'll be the one to welcome you to Riverside, you'll find that things are a bit more stable around here." She moves out of the way, allowing the angel inside the building which is a reception with what seems to be an actual pond installed in it. It can't be finished though as there are no fishes in it yet. "I am Zula, one of the magistra's here. As luck has it, I have also been assigned to be in charge of your education. So why don't you have a seat and perhaps tell me a bit about yourself?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Northside - Fourth Tower Compound]

A nod. Yes, from Inside.
    And this place hardly looks stable, but surely the woman in yellow knows that, and is speaking it more general terms.
    Following her inside, Françoise admires the pond, and takes a seat when indicated.
    It could be finished, though. Not every pond needs fish.

Françoise gets out from their bag the cell phone given to the other angel. Well, it used to be a cell phone. Now it's half-overgrown, a distressing amalgamation of flesh and electronics. A voice from the phone answers on their behalf, since like all Inside-hatched angels of this type, Françoise cannot speak.
    "Good to know you, Magistra Zula. Th- I am Françoise, a Stalker-class demi-angel. I have been fully-grown for seventeen months. I serve as an analyst and reserve commander, and was part of our Riverside group that fought against the invaders. The queen chose me for this assignment because of my particular skill with our innate powers. Although I can speak through a link with this phone, I prefer to communicate in writing."

"Why did you offer to teach us?"
    Is asked after a small pause.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

They're both knocked out. Perfect. Now it's time for some science. Laura reaches into the pocket of her suit and draws out a dagger. She just needs a blood sample from each of them, so she can run the same test she did on the shower water on them, and be shocked when it comes up negative again.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Faction HQ

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Faction HQ]

"Oh please." Ithuriel mutters, taking the grocery bag off and setting it down beside her. That Needs fellow sure is a weird one! "I heard the message you guys left for Wings. You knew what was gonna happen. So don't go acting all squeamish now when I'm sure you were all planning on grilling him later about what it's like to get ****ed by an angel." Very unangelic language, Ithuriel! Intersection has been a terrible influence on you!

Or maybe it's just the freedom she has from not trying to act like a noble.

Or maybe it's from that time spent running around naked as a demon.

Or maybe dying twice just makes you care a little less about language.

"Sounds like you guys might have reached a decent agreement though?" Didn't take all that long to convince Magtok to be reasonable, did it? "I dunno if it makes much of a difference, Magtok, but in terms of convincing, uh, yourselves to leave these guys alone, obviously I've got an interest in making sure Ambriel's alright." She reaches over to set a hand on Ambriel's shoulder and give him a squeeze, "So I'd have to help these guys defend themselves if anything did happen."

Magtok pulls his hood over his head, rolls his shoulders back, and immediately heads for the door. Got to get the hell out of here before someone finds some new excuse to hold him hostage and use the threat of impending global catastrophe to squeeze a few more unsavory deals out of him. Before he brusquely pushes his way past everyone and out of the room, however, he pauses to nod at Ithuriel.

"That actually helps more than you'd think. Involving other people in this nonsense; people with unknown magical powers and a government badge? Very distressing for the Hegemony. If you can bluff them into thinking you'd involve Intersection, all the better. I mean, we could obliterate all of you easy-peasy; it'd just be the worst PR to go firing the big guns like that," Magtok claims, before hurrying on his way. Ithuriel can choose whether or not to believe Mag's boast of being able to singlehandedly destroy Intersection; he's not going to stick around and try to convince her one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Lotus Gardens

"Well, that's my point. This is the only place you'll find capable of holding her." The woman explains. "The Hunters and their cells are gone, the temple of Burning Light might have had a way to hold her but they were hit as well. We got hit, but we've still got our cells below the Chapel. Well, we call them cells but they're more like guest rooms with all the amenities and locked doors. No windows though and they're warded against magic. If that works, then bring her on this way." The receptionist heads towards the partially destroyed chapel, breaking the way through the crowd of people trying to return home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lotus Gardens]

The bear seems to have started getting impatient and moves in to help break the crowd before them, spearheading their arrival at the chapel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lotus Gardens]

"The new mayor is here too, so you won't find a better place," Wenomir says as he follows Anika.
    [Lotus Gardens]

"...Fine, that will do." Archera relents. At this point she just wants to get this over with, so long as it's halfway reasonable. She has places she needs to be...

7. - Top - End - #67

The elf, who is most CERTAINLY unconscious and not faking it at all can be blood sampled without any trouble.

They have completely normal water mixed with red tree resin for 'blood' and nothing will strike the steam armored woman about this fact as unusual.

Unless she really thinks on it hard. Then she might be able to break through the faerie magic nonsense.

It's rather like finding a tube of toothpaste in your refrigerator while you're dreaming and being unsurprised when you squeeze it and custard comes out. In effect, dream-logic is being applied to reality here. It's possible to recognize that something is wrong, but as with dreams it takes force of will and, perhaps more importantly, and understanding that you're dreaming to begin with.

Chances are the elf is just going to play there.

Being 'unconscious'.

Unless the hero does something smashy.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmĉre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Elimnae's blood is just that- blood. Her life-magic is still providing a low-level healing effect upon her body, so the slice inflicted to test her blood rapidly scabs over and scars. She's also recovering quite quickly, starting to awaken already, but she's aware enough to hide that fact from those around her. She's currently unarmed, though still dangerous- her dead arm doesn't have blood, but it cut through the elf's body, and she knows it's imbued with magic- she can move the fingers. And her life-magic might just leave her with other tricks, if she can think of them. Not against the elf; maybe against the human with her lightning?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Laura looks at the samples once, then twice, then a third time. Concluding that neither of the combatants is a thaumaturge, she stands up and turns her back on them as she moves to exit the hut.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #70
    Halfling in the Playground

[Faction HQ]

Is this just going to be a thing? That's twice now that Magtok has thrown some ridiculous threat at Ithuriel as he's left. At least this time he wasn't also screaming at her to get out of his head. It's a step in the right direction at least, right? The most he gets out of her is a slightly grumpy look as he leaves and maybe a very quiet "Hmmph." She doesn't seem very impressed.

After he's left, she chuckles and turns back to the group. "He's a laugh, isn't he? Dunno if I helped with that or made things more difficult, but I'm glad he saw reason in the end at least."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

A Walk Through The Gardens

"A mistake? No, it was far from a mistake, Cessie. Defending our people is what nobility does, isn't it?" She reasons, taking a deep breath of fresh air before taking a look around. There were still obvious signs of damage and the noise of work crews rang through the air as they progressed their all of the repair work they had to do in this section of the city. Despite all of the roof repair and window replacement, the Gardens had honestly gotten off lightly compared to some sections, though the area close to the River itself had to go through extensive and intensive examinations to make sure the buildings there were still habitable due to the flooding.

The Chapel itself however is untouched and partially cordoned off. It needed far more investigation to make sure that it was even salvageable after the damage the beam had done. Next to it though stood a crater in which a small blood-red sapling was already growing...

It was still out of sight for the moment however, but Jezebel begins heading to walk that way on the sidewalk with the mage at her side. "For all the talk of privilege and wealth and society, we protect those who can't protect themselves. That was always going to be my lot in life and I cannot say that I find myself regretting it. After all you've been through, despite there being hardships related to our duties, would you say you would choose another life?" She asks.

"There will be things to do here, surely, but...despite all my talk of duty, I honestly think that the best thing for everyone who relies on me would be to take a small break. Just to heal and recover if nothing else. I also want to interview people and gather as much information as I can on what we all fought so I can write it down and publish it. If we can actually disseminate the information through this city and the others, then any further action by the demons will suffer quite a roadblock."

Chapel Cells

The receptionist heads right through the back of the chapel, through the office in the back and through an open bookshelf. "Mind your footing." She warns as she leads them all down a spiral staircase. When they reach the bottom, she opens the third of four doors using a keypad. Inside is a rather plush, if small, chamber with a satin covered bed, dresser, and all the amenities. Even a TV. "Shut the door, head on out, and let me speak with the pixie. Then whenever you want to question it, come back in a day or two."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Northside - Fourth Tower Compound]

Zula looks passively at the 'phone', wondering just what matter of creatures Sekai had allowed into their organization. 'Angels', right. Better keep an open mind though, that's one of the fourth towers creeds after all...
    "Then I welcome you again, Francoise." Even the name was barely pronounceable. "But the question is actually what you want to learn. Warlocks gain power by making deals with powerful otherworldly entities. It's dangerous of course, but if you do it the right way, the rewards far outweighs the pitfalls. So again, what are you interested in doing? Since there are entities for dealing with basically everything. Even angels, such as yourself." Zula was pretty sure these weren't real angels though.

A Walk Through The Gardens

"So I count as one of 'your people'?" Cessie inquires with a small smile. "Since as I understand it, I'm not. Not to mention that I can defend myself. I've been trained to do so since I was young for the expressive purpose to protect my people. For that, there is no choice. It was what I was born for, Jezebel. For other nobles it might be a choice, but with my gift there is none. Doing anything else would betray all that what I stand for. There can be no nobility without that." Cessie argues.
    "But what do you think you learned from this invasion? Since I could name a few things."

13. - Top - End - #73

[Faction HQ]

Is this just going to be a thing? That's twice now that Magtok has thrown some ridiculous threat at Ithuriel as he's left. At least this time he wasn't also screaming at her to get out of his head. It's a step in the right direction at least, right? The most he gets out of her is a slightly grumpy look as he leaves and maybe a very quiet "Hmmph." She doesn't seem very impressed.

After he's left, she chuckles and turns back to the group. "He's a laugh, isn't he? Dunno if I helped with that or made things more difficult, but I'm glad he saw reason in the end at least."
    "He's...definitely something," Ambriel admits, arms crossed. "I don't think he'll back out of the deal, not so long as we hold up our end of things. Might want to keep an eye on things after his death goddess girlfriend is rescued, though. Best time to break a deal is the moment when you've gotten everything you needed out of it."

"So no breaking anything on purpose when we're doing this cave conquest squad thing, then? Balls." Haz frowns; that was going to be his favorite part of this. He really ought to think about finding a healthier outlet for all of this aggression and jerkishness than violence and soldiering; it's just an endless cycle of brusque and jerkish brutality. Maybe follow Ambriel's example and find a girlfriend of his own, I dunno.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #74

[Terrific Elf Relief Shelter]

Walk in.

Blast everyone.

Shrug.

Then walk out?

Goodness, that isn't very polite at all, is it?

The elf gives a groan of pain as the armored woman begins to leave. Not because they need to, but because it helps uphold the image.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmĉre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground

[Faction HQ]

Ithuriel snorts, with just a hint of rhino leaking through to add emphasis to her snorting. "He's only got everything he wants out of the deal as long as he keeps it. Because an intact MagCave is part of it. If he doesn't keep his end of it up, I'll just go smash his stuff until he says sorry." The standard Ithuriel solution to a problem - punch it until it stops being a problem.

To be fair to her, she went ten years without lifting her blades. She's done a decent enough job of being peaceful. She's missed punching things.

"Anyway, he's gone now. Wings, would you care to do some proper introductions now?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Northside - Fourth Tower Compound]

Zula looks passively at the 'phone', wondering just what matter of creatures Sekai had allowed into their organization. 'Angels', right. Better keep an open mind though, that's one of the fourth towers creeds after all...
    "Then I welcome you again, Francoise." Even the name was barely pronounceable. "But the question is actually what you want to learn. Warlocks gain power by making deals with powerful otherworldly entities. It's dangerous of course, but if you do it the right way, the rewards far outweighs the pitfalls. So again, what are you interested in doing? Since there are entities for dealing with basically everything. Even angels, such as yourself." Zula was pretty sure these weren't real angels though.
    The phone does not notice this look.

"So you should be making deals with us, maybe. At least more powerful ones."
    Their name is just french! Nothing awful about that!
    "We were first interested in the other kind of angel that was summoned during the invasion. Obviously our first priority has to be staying alive in this world!"

"What do the entities get out of the deal?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside Streets]

A large group of goblins is waiting there with an assortment of equipment both mundane and weird. Reelshka is with them, and it seems that the news that the promised help is going to consist of dwarves has caused some agitation.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #78

Eastside Streets

As for the dwarves, they're running a little late. The party - almost 20 strong - is spurring a pair of wagons forward, some fairly old oxen pulling them. Each cart is laden with various supplies, tools, and foodstuffs, all ready for the dwarves to get to work.

They haven't really done temporary habitation before, so they just brought enough to move in.

The front wagon is being led by Utost, decked out in his work clothes - sensible yarn pants and a tunic, both dyed black. He's got a beautiful steel pick slung over one shoulder, the head engraved with incredibly fine designs depicting the founding of Oshurfeb (albeit a bit exaggerated). With him walks a huddle of other dwarves, all of them arguing.

I already told you, didn't I? She's perfectly sane, hasn't tried to kidnap my kids even once. He's interrupted before he can keep talking. Oh aye not yet she hasn't I'll grant ye. But you can see it in her eyes, the longing! She wants a kid of her own she does. Utost sighs. She has children, I've met one of them and my wife - And what would your wife think! Her husband going around cavorting with goblins - she's in charge of defending Oshurfeb, I'm sure she doesn't approve. She suggested this! All of you need to get your heads out of your asses and - Oh Utost no, I'm sure we're not questioning you or your wife, we're just a little... concerned is all. You can't really expect us to work with goblins, right? What if they want to go off and... and summon a demon or something, it's cultural differences is what it is. You're bloody well right I expect you to work with them! I swear if any of you say this nonsense to her I'll tell my ruddy wife and she'll take the hammer to the lot of you! Utost finally explodes. That seems to settle them down enough, most of them dispersing back to the back of the column. One, much younger looking dwarf remains. A-a-a-and, um, I... I uh... I'll be working with her, then? Under her. Utost stresses. She's some sort of fancy goblin architect or something so she'll be doing most of the designing and such, you'll just be taking care of whatever she tells you to, alright? Utost pats the young lad on the back. You'll be fine lad.

Finally the wagons roll up to the goblins, most of the dwarves giving them suspicious (or in some cases, terrified) looks. Utost motions for the rest of the dwarves to get to unloading before he approaches Reelshka. Morning! He calls out cheerily. We all ready to go? He asks, perring at the rest of the goblins before looking back to Reelshka.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside Streets]

"We all want to help, but Reelshka, your grandfather..."

"I know what happened to my grandfather and it's got diddly squat to do with- oh, hello!"

Reelshka turns back towards the dwarves as they approach, smiling pleasantly. Of course, the dwarves might not be able to recognize a goblin's pleasant smile, as opposed to one that says "I am eager to eat your tasty children". Especially since it's rather strained.

"Everyone, those are dwarves from Oshurfeb, a fort under my campsite. And here are my former co-workers from our mining and engineering company. Thank you all so much for coming. We can't repair all the damage to the city, but we'll do all we can. Any questions?"

The goblins seem to let the dwarves field the first question, looking at them with a variety of sullen, concerned and suspicious expressions.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #80

Eastside Streets

The dwarves look at each other and then at Utost, who's raising his eyebrows at them. They shuffle about nervously for a second or so before one of the dwarves raises his hand. Ah... so um... he glances quickly at Utost before forging ahead. Hi, I'm Abras, just wanted to know - are you going to be sleeping underground too? Only we only have so much wood for beds and all and it might get a bit um... cramped. You can sleep in shifts then. Utost tells him with a glare.

Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside Streets]

"The authorities have provided us with room in some of the undamaged cellars, since I told them we're all used to sleeping underground," Reelshka explains, seemingly oblivious to any awkwardness. "It's going to be rather spartan, but there'll be enough room for everyone."

[Chapel Cell]

Wenomir just waits for Archera to deposit the pixie. He'd love to hear her testimony herself, but ultimately she's in the authorities' hands now.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Chapel Cells

The receptionist heads right through the back of the chapel, through the office in the back and through an open bookshelf. "Mind your footing." She warns as she leads them all down a spiral staircase. When they reach the bottom, she opens the third of four doors using a keypad. Inside is a rather plush, if small, chamber with a satin covered bed, dresser, and all the amenities. Even a TV. "Shut the door, head on out, and let me speak with the pixie. Then whenever you want to question it, come back in a day or two."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Chapel Cell]

Wenomir just waits for Archera to deposit the pixie. He'd love to hear her testimony herself, but ultimately she's in the authorities' hands now.
    [Chapel Cell]

Archera floats the pixie into the room. The bubble containing her will pop as soon as the door is closed. "Alright, I'm done here. She's yours to deal with now." Unless anyone wants to try top stop her, Archera is going to swiftly leave.

23. - Top - End - #83

[Faction HQ]

Ithuriel snorts, with just a hint of rhino leaking through to add emphasis to her snorting. "He's only got everything he wants out of the deal as long as he keeps it. Because an intact MagCave is part of it. If he doesn't keep his end of it up, I'll just go smash his stuff until he says sorry." The standard Ithuriel solution to a problem - punch it until it stops being a problem.

To be fair to her, she went ten years without lifting her blades. She's done a decent enough job of being peaceful. She's missed punching things.

"Anyway, he's gone now. Wings, would you care to do some proper introductions now?"
    Ambriel nods, finishes his drink, and strides over to the others. There's a bunch of Faction clones, too many for one post, but we can at least get some of them out of the way. "Right, this is Haz. He and Needs were on the original Mystery Meat squad, a bunch of clones forced to hunt, kill, and destroy whatever haywire killer robot, eldritch abomination, or renegade biohorror the Magtoks lost control of and needed eliminating. Chemical warfare, hazardous materials, and shooting things are his specialties."

"Hey," the soldier of fortune says simply, powering down his laser pistol now that it's clear there's not going to be a fight after all. Shame, really. He could've really gone for a good beatdown right about now, especially if the person getting beat was one of the Magtoks.

"He doesn't think anyone knows about it, but he also coaches a sportsball team of at-risk youth in Inside."

"Ye-HEY WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT?!"

"Moving on, we have The Squiddly Thing Not to Be Properly Named. Now Get Going, whose name is stuck like that. We've tried to fix it; no luck. Squiddly, for short," Wings explains, quickly hurrying past Haz and changing the subject before the churlish clone can express his indignation at having the one and only vulnerability in his hardened shell of a psyche exposed like that.

"We are honored to make your acquaintance, servant of the divine," intones a robotic, steel-blue cephalopod, hovering about in the air. A tentacle is extended to shake Ithuriel's hand, before the mechanical creature peers at the razor blades mounted to the end of the appendage and thinks better of it, pulling back.

"He was an early experiment with psychic powers; an enhanced MagBrain stuffed in a jar with a robot body built around it. Probably the oldest clone here," Ambriel explains. That might explain the weird blueberry-scented navy blue smoke that fills the air around Squiddly, maybe. Blue is a color associated with strange psychic stuff, right?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2018-12-30 at 02:02 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Elimnae opens her eyes and readies herself to move, preparing to spring up and strike the fae elf with her dead hand- or potentially the human, if necessary. She still has a hope of recovering a soul here, but if not... She can't afford to lose the athame. Everything else is expendable; but she cannot afford to lose that dagger. The webbed lightning burn is fading now, too, as she's concentrating on speeding her healing.

25. - Top - End - #85

Eastside Streets

That'll be a good start. Utost nods, before turning back to his dwarves. Alright you layabouts! He hollers. Miners with me, we'll get started on the farm first. Abras get the beds going then you can start hauling stone up, ought to have gotten low enough for that by then. Zuntir, get started on making the milk into cheese, then you can set up the farm. Ser you'll be mass producing the blocks, the rest of the masons will be working on the buildings themselves. I'll be mining so if you need instructions you go to Lashid first, he ought to have something for you to do. Let's get these cart's unloaded, move move move! He yells, clapping his hands to punctuate the last instructions. As the dwarves start scurrying about he turns back to Reelshka. Alright, should keep them busy for a while. He says with a smile.

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Laura simply keeps walking. She doesn't actually care about these people, she's just passing through. Unless one of them tries to stab her in the back, she'll just leave.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside Streets]

"I hope so," Reelshka says. "Though remember that out first priority is to get the roads passable again. They're in pretty bad shape and there will be a lot of heavy traffic moving through. With that in mind..." She turns to the assembled goblins. "Enough sulking, let's get moving. I don't know what hit this road, but we need to get it in usable shape."

The goblins throw the dwarves some more suspicious looks, but then move out at surprising speed. Some of them begin setting up their workstations and machines, while others crawl over the nearby rubble and the damaged road like termites, making first measurements.

28. - Top - End - #88

Eastside Streets

The dwarves don't seem too concerned with measurements, just getting into the rubble and pulling pieces away, chipping at anything that stays in place for too long and pulling anything that still looks like it could be usable aside to where a basic mason's workshop is being set up out of some of the stone the dwarves brought with them (basalt) and one of the dwarves has set up shop cutting the larger pieces into more usable blocks.

I'll be mostly mining so I've got Lashid up here coralling everyone. He uh... Utost looks sheepish. He's a little uh... uneasy about working with you lot so go easy on him will you? He asks hopefully. He hasn't said anything but I think he thinks this is a trap where you'll all eat us. Bloody idiot he can be sometimes but he's quite useful with the fiddly bits, plumbing and architecture and such. He rubs his chin once or twice. I think that's it really. Oh, food should be ready by lunchtime then we can work out a sleeping schedule after that. He shoulders his pick again. Looks like he's ready to get to work.

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hospital - Pre-Invasion]

"Yes, that's why we've come here, actually." Tori says. "Nigel promised to fix my wing. If we're allowed, of course." She adds, hopeful.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"The conjuring can have some side effects, though nothing lasting I assure you." Vax explains simply. The average head isn't used to having two residents after all. Of course she keeps that part to herself.

"I pray not. Good work. The administrator nods at Vax before she turns to Nigel. "I again apologizing for having you going through this, I also applaud you for you. I don't usually hire someone on the spot but you've definitely earned it, and more." Nike says, yet let's him rest a moment before she offers her hand to shake. "When can you start?"
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Northside Hospital - Pre-Invasion

Well my head hurt like hell, then I remembered a bunch of stuff about surgery, and now I still have a little headache for what I'm gonna assume are magical reasons. He says to Tori, rubbing his face wearily. Magic sucks nuts. And I can probably start like... whenever, I guess. He says to Nike, before checking his phone. Probably not today, but whenever. Just as long as I can use one of the rooms to help out Tori during like... a weekend or something. He says, pointing back to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

"Yes, that's why we've come here, actually." Tori says. "Nigel promised to fix my wing. If we're allowed, of course." She adds, hopeful.

"Zhareen and I will take our leave if there's nothing else you require of us." Vax quirks her brow at her wife, verifying. "We'll arrange for the payment for the additional work in the near future, if that suits you, Nike." She adds, as a gentle reminder before they go.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2019-01-01 at 02:53 PM.