New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Cool new dragons (3.5, PEACH, no true dragon age catagories sorry :p)

What about a Dragon that has some sort symbiotic relationship with nature.(eg. control of plants)
    Last edited by smoke prism; 2013-04-10 at 10:02 AM.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cool new dragons (3.5, PEACH, no true dragon age catagories sorry :p)

hmmmm...or just a symbiotic nature in general...I like your thinking brett :D
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    hmmmm...or just a symbiotic nature in general...I like your thinking brett :D
    Thanks for the complement

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

you know, Im glad you posted that, because I was actually thinking of something like that, and I was going to make it, but I thought you guys might not like it, so thanks :D I guess I was wrong
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

5. - Top - End - #65

My I ask how you are going to pull of the symbiosis, or will I have to wait for it to be posted.

— Friedrich Nietzsche

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

well, usually for dragons I just get them done right away, but for this one I think im going to think about it for a while, just for that reason, wait until its posted, and feel free to think of other ideas

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I found this honey dragon years ago but never much liked it. http://rec.games.frp.dnd.narkive.com...r-honey-dragon Here is my interpretation:

Honey Dragon
    Medium Dragon
    Hit Dice: 4d12+8 (34 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 30 ft., Fly 60 ft. (good)
    Armor Class: 17 (+7 natural), Touch 10, flat-footed 17
    BAB/Grapple: +4/+7
    Attacks: Bite +7 melee (1d8+3)
    Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d8+3) and 2 claws +2 melee (1d6+1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./ 5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Breath Weapon
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.; evasion, immune to natural poisons; low-light vision; scent
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 17, Dex 10, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Skills: Diplomacy +8, Disguise +7 (as giant bee only), Knowledge (Geography) +9 Listen +11, Sense Motive +9, Spot +11, Survival +9 (+11 to keep from getting lost or to avoid natural hazards) , Use Magic Device +6
    Feats: AlertnessB, Flyby Attack, Track
    Environment: Temperate plains and forests
    Organization: Solitary, mated pair or gang (2-4)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Advancement: 5-7 HD (Medium) 8 HD (Large)
    Level Adjustment:

The brilliant yellow and black markings on the honey dragon can easily be mistaken for that of a giant bee. It takes a Spot check (DC 15) from less than 90 feet to realize the creature is a dragon and not an insect at all. At distances greater than 90 feet, it takes a Spot check (DC 20) to realize it.

Honey dragons are nearly as happy basking in the warm sunshine as they are eating honey made by wild bees. Though they have become noteworthy allies to treants, rangers, and druids, they have become a nuisance thanks to their notorious sweet tooth. Naturally, they are quite fond of strawberry gelatinous cubes.

Honey dragons are one of the few creatures tough enough and determined enough to go after the honey of giant bees.

On rare occasions, the largest honey dragons (those with 8 hit dice) will deign to transport Medium sized or smaller riders for a limited duration and for a fee. A Large honey dragon has a Str 25 and can carry 798 lbs. as a light load, 799-1,599 lbs. as a medium load, and 1,600-2,400 lbs. as a heavy load. Honey dragons cannot fly while carrying more than a light load.

They can speak Common, Draconic, and Sylvan.

Combat

When honey dragons attack, they prefer to do so from the air, spraying their hot wax on unsuspecting targets.

Breath Weapon (Su): Once every four rounds as a standard action, a honey dragon can breathe a cone of hot wax 30 feet. Creatures must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 11) or become coated in hot wax that quickly hardens, slowing creatures as the slow spell. The hot wax is almost impossible to remove (though universal solvent removes it immediately), but if allowed to cool for at least two rounds, it can be peeled off as a standard action.

Evasion (Ex): A honey dragon that makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an effect that would normally deal half damage instead avoids damage altogether.

Scent (Ex): A honey dragon can detect approaching enemies and track by a sense of smell. They are also quite adept at smelling anything sweet, including honey, molasses, syrup, sugar, and the like.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-17 at 02:56 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

8. - Top - End - #68

What about a dragon in a similar vine as the mercury dragon, but it is made out of alcohol.
    Last edited by smoke prism; 2013-04-11 at 09:39 AM.

— Friedrich Nietzsche

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

heres my version of a parasite dragon, its very heavily based off of the demon crow on one of the first episodes of Inuyasha (where I get my name from)
    Dragon crow

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Small Dragon (evil)
    Hit Dice:|3d12+9 (27 hp)
    Initiative:|+4
    Speed:|30 ft (6 squares), fly 90ft(Good)
    Armor Class:|20 (+1 size,+4 dex, +5 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+3/+1
    Attack:|talons +6 melee (1d6+2)
    Full Attack:|talons +6 melee (1d6+2) and peck +1 melee (1d4+1)
    Space/Reach:|5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks:|Host body, snatch
    Special Qualities:|SR 18, DR 5/silver or good, Regeneration 3
    Saves:|Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5
    Abilities:| Str 14, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 12
    Skills:|Bluff +7, Climb +8, Hide +14, Intimidate +7, Listen +8, Move Silently +10, Spot +8
    Feats:|Skill focus (hide), Improved initiative, Dodge (bonus), Mobility (bonus)
    Environment:|Any urban, forest, or mountains
    Organization:|Solitary, pair, or murder (3-10)
    Challenge Rating:|5
    Advancement:|3-6 HD small 7-9 HD medium
    Level Adjustment:|yeaaaaah nope
    [/TABLE]
    The dragon crow appears as a large, three red eyed, bony plate covered, crow, it flies around at night looking for prey, and when it finds suitable prey (either a humanoid, monstrous humanoid, or a giant), it kills the target and makes a soft gory nest out of its insides, and manipulates the inside of the host body, effectively reanimating it. If the host is shirtless, the crow is very noticable, a large gaping hole is seen in the chest, and inside is the crow, with armor covering the large hole however, a crow can go for weeks maybe months in one host.
    Combat
    There is no specific pattern that dragon crows follow

Reanimate (Su)
    When a dragon crow kills something of at least one size catagory larger than itself, they can take a full round action to make a nest inside the chest and reanimate the body. The body then gains the stats of a ghoul with the dragon crows mental stats, it cannot paralyze or spread ghoul fever but it gains the dragon crows spell resistance, damage reduction, and it gains fast healing 5. Once the host is destroyed, the dragon crow flies out of the corpse as a free action, and immediately takes a move action to fly away

Regeneration (Ex)
    A dragon crow regenerates 3 HP every round, it can reattach lost limbs instantly, and it can regrow them in 3d6 minutes, this regeneration is bypassed by silvered or blessed arrows
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-04-11 at 06:25 PM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

10. - Top - End - #70

Creepy (I like it). Could be a nasty surprise

I get a CR of 5, but every thing els seems good.

— Friedrich Nietzsche

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

yeah I knew it was either 4 or 5, but I didnt want to go over so I went with the low answer...changing it

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

You may want to limit the kinds of hosts a dragon crow can have. It seems like it should only have Humanoid (and maybe Monstrous Humanoid) hosts.

Your text needs a bit of proofreading:

The dragon crow appears as a large, three red eyed, bony plate covered crow. It flies around at night looking for prey. When a dragon crow finds a suitable target (either a Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid), it kills the target, makes a soft gory nest out of its insides, and manipulates the inside of the host's body, effectively reanimating it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the following sentence: "If the target is shirtless, the dragon crow is very noticeable, with armor covering the large hole." This needs a little more clarification.

A dragon crow can go for weeks, maybe months, in one host.

Reanimate (Su): When a dragon crow kills a Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid target of at least one size category larger than the dragon crow, it can take a full round action to make a nest inside the target’s chest and reanimate the target's body. The target's body then gains the stats of a ghoul with the dragon crow's mental stats; it cannot paralyze or spread ghoul fever, but it gains the dragon crow's spell resistance and damage reduction.

Note: Creatures without a Constitution score such as ghouls cannot have regeneration.

Regeneration (Ex)A dragon crow regenerates 3 hit points every round. It can reattach severed limbs instantly, and it can regrow them in 3d6 minutes. This regeneration is bypassed by silvered or blessed arrows

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-04-11 at 05:01 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok things have been fixed, Im not entirely sure I want to make an alchohol dragon because Im not exactly sure what I would do to make it different than the mercury dragon...hmmm...
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-04-11 at 06:31 PM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

can i request a vine dragon? something that would hide in a jungle's canopy, and couldnt necessarily fly. im thinking mid range power and large-huge size.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-04-11 at 06:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh...this could get my creative juices flowing :D

I will get to it soon, but right now I'm focused on writing something (you guys will probably see it soon). Let me know if anybody urgently needs a dragon for an up coming campaign ok? If you know anybody who urgently needs a dragon as well, please tell me and I will be glad to help

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

16. - Top - End - #76

Ok things have been fixed, Im not entirely sure I want to make an alchohol dragon because Im not exactly sure what I would do to make it different than the mercury dragon...hmmm...
    That's all right, I was just throwing an idea at you.
    Also I'm wondering how do you feel about making templates for dragons?

— Friedrich Nietzsche

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    That's all right, I was just throwing an idea at you.
    Also I'm wondering how do you feel about making templates for dragons?
    hmmm...have some cool ideas to PM me? I could probly make em. PMing me would make it a fun surprise :D

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

18. - Top - End - #78

hmmm...have some cool ideas to PM me? I could probly make em. PMing me would make it a fun surprise :D
    I will send them sometime tomorrow.

— Friedrich Nietzsche

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

oh ok :( I was kinda hoping for them now (im a little bored XD)

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

20. - Top - End - #80

oh ok :( I was kinda hoping for them now (im a little bored XD)
    Sorry I think we differ in time zones.that why i am on when other people are not on.

— Friedrich Nietzsche

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I think we differ in time zones.that why i am on when other people are not on.
    oh...yeah...its only 1:10 PM here LOL

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

22. - Top - End - #82

I just had an Idear for ever a snake that is starting to evolve or it could be a Dragon that for some reason that is starting to devolved.
    (just throwing idears out there).
    Last edited by smoke prism; 2013-04-14 at 11:46 AM. Reason: because I cant spell.

— Friedrich Nietzsche

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

I just had an Idear for ever a snack that is starting to evolve or it could be a Dragon that for some reason that is starting to devolved.
    (just throwing idears out there).
    so a munchy crunchy snack dragon?

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

24. - Top - End - #84

so a munchy crunchy snack dragon?
    Sorry I meant snake. I will edit mt posy.

— Friedrich Nietzsche

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

What no popcorn dragon or pretzel dragon? Awww.

Debby

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    What no popcorn dragon or pretzel dragon? Awww.

Debby
    thats exactly what I was thinking

P.S. sorry I havent been making dragons guys, real life is being suckish again

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

it would be fun to see an incorporeal Mist/fog Dragon.

although i still wanna see a vine/ivy dragon.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-04-15 at 10:14 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    Here is the official Mist Dragon: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20031226a

Vine dragon would be new.

Debby

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

I would peg the Dragon Crow as +3/ +4 LA, But that's just me.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    I would peg the Dragon Crow as +3/ +4 LA, But that's just me.
    yeah but the ghouls with fast healing and SR and DR, and yourself with regeneration, SR, and DR, see where im going with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post

Im going to start on the vine dragon now, sorry for such delay, as I said above, real life's sucking again :p, dont expect the vine dragon until maybe 4 PM today ;D

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies