New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink!

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    Now i wonder if they're going through the time windows to track Bang back to her lair. And then to follow her crew and find where they met Zeetha. And then to track her back to Skifander.
    No need to do that. They can just track Zeetha backwards. Of course, before then they need to break the timelock on Mechanicsburg so they can extract Von Zinzer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazu Yen View Post
    That's a pretty interesting theory, I like it. Strange that Zeetha isn't in the windows if that's the case, but that would also give her plot immunity and erase all the tension between her and Bang. That'd be no fun.
    There wasn't yet a character named Zeetha back when we saw Klaus and Bang discussing the time windows. She was created with the rest of the circus about the time the wasps got loose on Castle Heterodyne.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    There wasn't yet a character named Zeetha back when we saw Klaus and Bang discussing the time windows. She was created with the rest of the circus about the time the wasps got loose on Castle Heterodyne.

Just no. While Zeetha was introduced with the Circus, the Professors had the general storyline, major plot points and characters created a long before the series started. Zeetha was likely created not long after the Baron and Gil.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Just no. While Zeetha was introduced with the Circus, the Professors had the general storyline, major plot points and characters created a long before the series started. Zeetha was likely created not long after the Baron and Gil.
    Still, her being present in those time windows would be a massive spoiler of her role in the story. They had to keep the number of people to the minimum there. For the same reason Tarvek was not present either. I would guess von Zinzer was there only because there had to be a reason to look at those specific moments and places.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Having looked at those old strips, I was struck by Gil calling Agatha ""Mistress"" - with quotes in the original. That almost implies that Agatha has control of Gil in some fashion.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Imgran View Post
    Counterpoint: Castle Heterodyne
    That lasted, what, 48 hours tops?
    Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    They aren't going to leave England any time soon. They still have to confront Steelgarter and Mawda (or whoever has the Lantern now), have the big showdown with Albia, as well as solve the problem of England's sinking. And yes, I know that Agatha doesn't particularly care about that last one, she's still gonna solve it before she leaves.
    Right, so they'll leave in the evening then?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Colossus in the Playground

There were clearly looking through the time windows to see if von zinzers buddies survived (it seems they did) Im guessing they are testing how the time lantern (or other device they will eventually discover or create) works by using it to locate specific instances they know about to sort of dial in the controls better. They may try to help zeetha but remember she was totally out of it during the whole pirate thing so it would likely be difficult and time consuming to track an air ship through time when the best they can come up with is a general time frame and the location of the base itself.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Having looked at those old strips, I was struck by Gil calling Agatha ""Mistress"" - with quotes in the original. That almost implies that Agatha has control of Gil in some fashion.
    Unlikely. The quotes around Mistress indicate a sarcastic tone to me. My reading is that Agatha is under cover, pretending to be The Other. Either that, or the Geisterdamen are insisting on proper address. Whatever the reason, Gilgamesh is pretending to be a subservient lackey and is not enjoying the experience one bit.
    Last edited by Rodin; 2020-10-01 at 08:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Unlikely. The quotes around Mistress indicate a sarcastic tone to me. My reading is that Agatha is under cover, pretending to be The Other. Either that, or the Geisterdamen are insisting on proper address. Whatever the reason, Gilgamesh is pretending to be a subservient lackey and is not enjoying the experience one bit.
    Yep. Of course that may be from a different timeline. We have yet to see anything like Gil getting "bulked up" like that so far.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh hey, would you look at that...

I got sucked into an archive trawl after re-reading the scene with the time portals. It brought me to this page.

Same tone, directed from Agatha towards Gil, also dripping with sarcasm. Seems like intentional counterpoint given how closely it follows "Mistress" quote.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Oh hey, would you look at that...

I got sucked into an archive trawl after re-reading the scene with the time portals. It brought me to this page.

Same tone, directed from Agatha towards Gil, also dripping with sarcasm. Seems like intentional counterpoint given how closely it follows "Mistress" quote.
    And then this https://www.girlgeniusonline.com/com...?date=20040326

The reason that guy (whose name is apparently Rovainen) activated the engine seems to be that he believed that Agatha's words were orders from the Other.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

I took it to mean he's pretending to be her servant, hence the out fit and the quotes.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic

Those three drunk can't end well.
    Although... Who of them is actually drunk and who's pretending? And even if they are, how much would it affect them?
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Huh. You know, prior to today, if you had asked me if rum cake could make you drunk I would of said it was not possible. That the rum is baked in and thus loses the ability to have that effect.

But 30 seconds of Googling says otherwise. Interesting.

I shall have to make some rum cake and investigate this further. For science of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    New comic

Although... Who of them is actually drunk and who's pretending? And even if they are, how much would it affect them?
    As a pirate, I suspect that Bang has drunken so much rum in her life she's not effected.

Violetta probably has some instant sobriety formula on her. And I wonder if her immunity to poisons even lets her get drunk.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by xroads View Post
    As a pirate, I suspect that Bang has drunken so much rum in her life she's not effected.

Violetta probably has some instant sobriety formula on her. And I wonder if her immunity to poisons even lets her get drunk.
    Zeetha probably has some way to deal with it too.
    Even if it's just “can fight drunk".

But yeah, that was basically what went through my head.
    „Those three getting smashed together is not a good thing for anyone involved*.
    Wait a moment. How is either of them drunk?

*Large parts of Europa if they really get going.

15. - Top - End - #105

Beholder

Zeetha probably has some way to deal with it too.
    Even if it's just “can fight drunk".

But yeah, that was basically what went through my head.
    „Those three getting smashed together is not a good thing for anyone involved*.
    Wait a moment. How is either of them drunk?

*Large parts of Europa if they really get going.
    Europe is lucky Agatha isn't drunk. (yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

16. - Top - End - #106

SamuraiGuy

I think that none of them will get drunk enough to affect their ability to fight. Not in public, not even in Albia’s England. They are all too professional, for want of a better word.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Bang's neck was recently bare in the comic from 20181003

And also lightly less recently bare back in 20150610

I think the neck scars are new, if not fake. Bang didn't have them before she heard about Zeetha, and I feel like we would have heard about it if she'd been decapitated since then.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

The quotes could make it sarcastic, implying he's playing a role he's not entirely comfortable with. This just gave me the idea that the entire time window thing was staged to look a certain way. The giesterdamen, the outfits, even making it look like they're checking on Von Zinzer's mates when they're trying do something else. Maybe they want whoever sees them in the time windows to think Agatha is still under the control of her mother.

Or this is all being retconned as the Foglio's evolve the story as they go.

EDIT: Ah, I see Rodin pointed this out too. Well, great minds etc. etc.
    Last edited by Zazu Yen; 2020-10-02 at 12:32 PM.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

19. - Top - End - #109

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

I think the neck scars are new, if not fake. Bang didn't have them before she heard about Zeetha, and I feel like we would have heard about it if she'd been decapitated since then.
    I don't think it's new, just the sort of detail that's not always included. Heck in the comic from last Friday 20200925, it disappears in the last panel but was included in the first 3. Some of the middle ones are wash because of angles so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

She had them when she arrived in England on the Mopey Tortoise, well before she heard about Zeetha wrecking her hideout.

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Europe is lucky Agatha isn't drunk. (yet)
    Have we ever seen a Spark trying to invent while drunk? We know Agatha and coffee leads to chaos (and more coffee) so I'm curious what booze would do.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    Have we ever seen a Spark trying to invent while drunk? We know Agatha and coffee leads to chaos (and more coffee) so I'm curious what booze would do.
    Judging from what happened with the coffee, it will be a very good year.

(There is a footnote in one of the novels based on a scene in the comic about someone who brewed lingonberry liquer, a particularly potent spirit, drank a load of it every day of a very long life, and when they came to cremate him it took them a week to put the fire out. Oddly, he wasn't a spark)
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

23. - Top - End - #113

PirateGuy

New comic

We can be reasonably certain that Violetta isn't quite as drunk as she appears. Frankly I think all three of them are playing to an extent.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    Since coffee is a stimulant and alcohol is a depressant, I'd guess that getting drunk would have the opposite effect on a spark (or at least, on Agatha) as drinking coffee, i.e. it would inhibit her sparkiness for a while.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

None of them look drunk, though. Tipsy, yes.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    Since coffee is a stimulant and alcohol is a depressant, I'd guess that getting drunk would have the opposite effect on a spark (or at least, on Agatha) as drinking coffee, i.e. it would inhibit her sparkiness for a while.
    The first thing alcohol depresses is inhibition. Thus, tipsy people at a night club or party behave in risky behavior, leading to morning regrets.

Now imagine that with Sparks. "Here; hold my Death Ray."

Fortunately, I don't believe Zeetha, Bang , or Violetta are sparks. But that doesn't mean there won't be regrets.
    Last edited by Scarlet Knight; 2020-10-03 at 10:37 AM.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Fortunately, I don't believe Zeetha, Bang , or Violetta are sparks. But that doesn't mean there won't be regrets.
    Zeetha isn't a spark now. But there certainly is a chance she just hasn't broken though yet. Now I rather hope she does not as I don't think she would like being a spark and it wouldn't add anything to the story and would likely take things away.

28. - Top - End - #118

If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

29. - Top - End - #119

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    That's not just alcohol, it's Spark alcohol. And it knocked Gil out.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Judging from what happened with the coffee, it will be a very good year.

(There is a footnote in one of the novels based on a scene in the comic about someone who brewed lingonberry liquer, a particularly potent spirit, drank a load of it every day of a very long life, and when they came to cremate him it took them a week to put the fire out. Oddly, he wasn't a spark)
    He wasn't.
    The guy who build the funeral pyre though...