New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1458
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

K. Catching up's been a ride. Now, a few comments:
    1. much everyone who still remembers I'm in the game thinks I might be the killer. Yay! (I'd love to see that ISO on my humble self, by the way.)
    2. For the first time during this game, I kinda-sorta began to warm up to Rogan. Not killing him today.
    3. Didn't really like AV's fit. As others pointed out, it is vaguely reminiscent of their rants during late UPick 1.
    4. Moonfly is consistently proven wrong about stuff, but I like their way of thinking. Townlean.
    5. Based on Day 1, I don't think it's Elenna or the Wombat, although I'm wary of Survivor claims, AV.
    6. My case for the Captain as the killer has collapsed the other day. Not sure he's not a dog, not sure he isn't.
    7. Fext remains my top guess for who the killer might be. At any rate, I find what they are doing counterproductive at best, and I think it hurts town.
    8. Not sure how to feel about gac. Necromancer/medium is explicitly a possible role, but I vaguely remember a comment by Unavenger clarifying that it would be known if the deadchat got to influence the game. Anyway, siding with Rogan for now in the Rogan vs. gac row.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2021-10-21 at 05:22 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm not voting you. I mean, it's probably between you and Rogan currently, but I'll have to think on it. In any case, we've got some time left. I'm just trying to understand the order of events.

I'm inclined to think Rogan is telling the truth and you're town but manipulated. It's a hell of manipulation if it is, but still I'm not defaulting to scumreading you the way blade is.

I think it would be perfectly reasonable for somebody who wasn't even a scumbuddy in RAC to say "we weren't wolves that game, though? it was technically competing towns" or something to that degree. That said, there's no world where the person speaking wasn't at least playing in RAC.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW, during my Rogan D1 ISO, I saw a number of weird interactions involving Rogan and BW. And while I don't think she would, I can admit that Snowblaze is cool enough to bus a scumbuddy D1 on purpose over nothing.

Still, this is basically suggesting that the scumteam is exactly Book Wombat/Rogan/Snowblaze.

- - - Updated - - -

gac3
    Elenna
    Snowblaze
    Xihirli

These are the five people who are in both Upick 2 and Red Atlantic Cruise.
    Yes. As I said. They are the only ones likely to be a source of that quote. It wasn't me. It wasn't Xi.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Also, even if gac3 is town, from what I understand he basically made a deal with the devils.
    Yeah and?

I might still get lynched but based on the last vote count I'm willing to say. Captain Cap

And then a night vote for blade to kill. Gac3

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    2. For the first time during this game, I kinda-sorta began to warm up to Rogan. Not killing him today.

8. Not sure how to feel about gac. Necromancer/medium is explicitly a possible role, but I vaguely remember a comment by Unavenger clarifying that it would be known if the deadchat got to influence the game. Anyway, siding with Rogan for now in the Rogan vs. gac row.
    Thanks, I guess.

I think Unavenger said they would tell the dead if they could influence the game. Not the other way round. I could search for this, if you think it's important.

Here they are

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    If a living player can see and/or chat in the deadchat, will those in the deadchat know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Yes. If the deadchat aren't able to affect the game, it seems kinda bastard-narrator-y to have them believe that they might be able to, and if they are, it definitely seems bastard-narrator-y to have them believe that they can't.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-21 at 05:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vote count:
    Captain Cap (4): {Rogan}, (Snowblaze), {Metastachydium}, Batcathat, (moonfly7), Supagoof, (Elenna), bladescape, gac3
    fext (2): {gac3}, (Elenna), (Captain Cap), Metastachydium, Taffimai, {Rogan},
    Supagoof (0): (Taffimai), (Snowblaze)
    AvatarVecna (0): {AvatarVecna}, {Rogan},
    gac3 (3): (Captain Cap), Captain Cap, (bladescape), Snowblaze, {gac3}, Rogan
    Elenna (1): AvatarVecna
    Rogan (2): {moonfly7}, moonfly7, Elenna,

Not voting (): Book Wombat, fext, ??? (Might have missed someone)

The votes in (brackets) are the crossed out ones while the ones in {squiggly brackets} are not crossed out but invalid.
    Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

5. - Top - End - #1085

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Thanks, I guess.

I think Unavenger said they would tell the dead if they could influence the game. Not the other way round. I could search for this, if you think it's important.

Here they are
    Found them in the meantime, but thanks anyway. Sadly, these tell us nothing.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Vote count:
    Captain Cap (4): {Rogan}, (Snowblaze), {Metastachydium}, Batcathat, (moonfly7), Supagoof, (Elenna), bladescape, gac3

The votes in (brackets) are the crossed out ones while the ones in {squiggly brackets} are not crossed out but invalid.
    It took me a while but I finally found the Fext vote to cross out. We might need a second thread at this rate. Kinda glad I'm likely to get lynched. It should add more weight to my stuff, I don't have to struggle to keep up, and I'm down with this stressful double life where I tried to filter out wolf comments for truth versus planned deceptions.

7. - Top - End - #1087

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Yeah and?
    And even in that case I wouldn't trust the results you got.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-10-21 at 05:16 AM. Reason: typo

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I’m going to end up voting for either gac3 or Captain Cap here, I just don’t know which.

gac’s play makes no sense whatsoever, regardless of their alignment.

Captain Cap has been wolfy, but given that I took in very little of last (IRL) night’s events I can’t work out exactly how wolfy he’s been.

And I don’t have the mental energy to ISO and work it out. Sorry about that. I might try and ISO CC this afternoon, but no promises.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #1089

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    More comments to come but why?

Also what was that cap GAC 1+ wolf thing about?
    Because Rogan's Lie Detector means Snow is town.

And that was because due to threadstate I was confident that 1 of you or Cap is wolf. At least. IF not both.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

10. - Top - End - #1090

ClericGuy

Vote count:

I can't spot any mistakes. And I crossed my 3 old votes. I didn't give it priority, since they would not count anyway, but now they are also marked as revoked.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Because Rogan's Lie Detector means Snow is town.

And that was because due to threadstate I was confident that 1 of you or Cap is wolf. At least. IF not both.
    I was hoping there was a more definitive reason but oh well

12. - Top - End - #1092

My reading generally is decent so =P

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

My reading generally is decent so =P
    Well I will say that part of why I clung so readily to Book is because I already thought Snow was a wolf which means that the wolves would have decided to off Cape instead, so Books vote there cleared him. But your confidence in me and cap being at least one wolf made me feel more confident.

Now though... I don't trust AV's rage quit.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

I was pretty comfortable with my vote on Cap, but now there seems to be a lot of options. Given my earlier suspicions, I'm tempted to go back to Rogan, but if he is honest (and it does seem like a risky bluff for a wolf), that power could be very useful for town. I didn't really have a lean on gac either way earlier but now it seems kinda likely that he's either a wolf or being played by one. Need time to think.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I was pretty comfortable with my vote on Cap, but now there seems to be a lot of options. Given my earlier suspicions, I'm tempted to go back to Rogan, but if he is honest (and it does seem like a risky bluff for a wolf), that power could be very useful for town. I didn't really have a lean on gac either way earlier but now it seems kinda likely that he's either a wolf or being played by one. Need time to think.
    Feel free to vote me... But the only way me and Rogan are right/honest is is AV is a wolf... Thats why I was raging earlier because AV rage quit and put their whole role description... Which... I really have to select better roles next time. I literally just have dead chat access.

16. - Top - End - #1096

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I’m going to end up voting for either gac3 or Captain Cap here, I just don’t know which.

gac’s play makes no sense whatsoever, regardless of their alignment.

Captain Cap has been wolfy, but given that I took in very little of last (IRL) night’s events I can’t work out exactly how wolfy he’s been.

And I don’t have the mental energy to ISO and work it out. Sorry about that. I might try and ISO CC this afternoon, but no promises.

At start of day, I was in favor of killing Cap, both for him being suspicious and for the additional Intel we would gain, regarding the survivor.

Gac was suspicious as well, but to a lower degree.

Now, they are both even more suspicious. I like Caps Plan in principle, but I can't stop myself from thinking that I would do something like that as well, if I were a wolf. Controlling what other people do at night is so bloody useful.

So, even while this plan could work for a townie in the best circumstances, it's even easier to abuse the plan for wolves.

Gac on the other hand is giving an explanation for his power and statements which would work and in fact, I guessed his power. A power that seems more useful for town to have than the other way round... His statements are not all compatible with my own results. Could be a lie, could be a poor townie who got fooled.

I think I should try do close my eyes for a moment. Perhaps I will see things clearer after a nap.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

17. - Top - End - #1097

SwashbucklerGuy

Now, they are both even more suspicious. I like Caps Plan in principle, but I can't stop myself from thinking that I would do something like that as well, if I were a wolf. Controlling what other people do at night is so bloody useful.
    Are you saying that now I'm more suspicious because I proposed that plan, an extra option not forced upon anyone? If that's so, tell me, what a town!Cap with that power should have done finding himself as the leading wagon to help town? Just stay silent, with the knowledge his death today wouldn't bring much info?

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Real life I'm going to bed. But in game we can just say that I'm rocking myself in a corner mumbling that AV has to be trying to trick me right now because that's all I've come to is that they are running some king of long con on me.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Just stay silent, with the knowledge his death today wouldn't bring much info?
    Yes.

Voting No Execution for true neutrality.

Spoiler: RED TO REN
    Show

REQUEST ACCEPTED STOP TRIGGER AND ANTIDOTE SENT STOP START PROJECT COMPASS STOP SENT SWORD STOP FIND CHICKEN STOP ALCHEMIST HAS FRIENDS STOP RED END

I might as well post these if I already made them.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-21 at 06:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Okay. Suppose gac3 is a wolf, and their entire claim is a lie. What’s their goal?

My first thought is “mislynch me” but is it really necessary to go to all that effort to get me killed? I haven’t claimed a role that wolves would need to kill with fire (wolves, no comment on whether I actually have a role you need to kill with fire) and maybe my reads are on point and all wolves are in Cap/gac/Supagoof but I’m hardly the only person with that immediate POE.

Besides, if they want me dead they can just nightkill me.

And if I can’t find a plausible wolf motivation... that probably means it’s town. Somehow.

I’m going to trust my gut (and bladescape) on this one and switch to Captain Cap.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #1101

Yes.

Voting No Execution for true neutrality.

Spoiler: RED TO REN
    Show

REQUEST ACCEPTED STOP TRIGGER AND ANTIDOTE SENT STOP START PROJECT COMPASS STOP SENT SWORD STOP FIND CHICKEN STOP ALCHEMIST HAS FRIENDS STOP RED END

I might as well post these if I already made them.
    (Red is an interesting alias (?) to use in such a game.)

22. - Top - End - #1102

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    (Red is an interesting alias (?) to use in such a game.)
    Huh, didn't even think of that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1103

SwashbucklerGuy

I just reread your power, Rogan:
    I will provide either “TRUE” or “FALSE” as a response to the statement, or give a response to the question
    Oh boy, I was wrong: if it's really as you say, a response to potentially anything, we CAN win with a question.
    And you know what? Contrary to you, I have no qualms about asking it (besides, the game is seemingly going to end for me anyway):

Who are all the players with an anti-town role?

That's it Rogan, if you have been truthful, now the matter is in your hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be more precise, just in case:

Who are all the players in this game with an anti-town role?
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-10-21 at 07:28 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1104

If the above works/is true, I bet Supagoof's going to get roleblocked tonight (assuming Town), if no one else has a Protection power Rogan (assuming Town as well) is pretty screwed unless somehow all the killers get roleblocked. Hmm. Should be an interesting night.

*grabs a few more buckets of popcorn*
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-21 at 07:42 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Pixie in the Playground

wait hold up you can just tell a statement is true that involves all of the living scum being in a certain pool?

wtf

I thought you were a lie detector

26. - Top - End - #1106

Huh.

If that works that's kinda busted.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Pixie in the Playground

there's no way that works but if it does I'll die laughing

- - - Updated - - -

oh hi blade

28. - Top - End - #1108

Hi Fext, how's it hanging?

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    It does seem super powerful. But the original post literally has "Roles which return the truth or falsehood of an arbitrary statement" in the list of possible roles, so it's not impossible.
    that's absurd lmaooooo

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Fext, how's it hanging?
    pretty good

super busy today so won't be around much but apparently if we trust rogan I'm just confirmed non-mafia which is nice

get AV to try popping me and bam conftown

ez game

- - - Updated - - -

that being said rogan hyperfixating on me as sk is still rubbing me the wrong way but maybe he's just weird

- - - Updated - - -

anyways considering my top town were AV/Cap/gac, blade is clear in most reasonable worlds, BW is un-CC'd survivor, and Xi is dead, I guess that means we just lynch Taff and Supagoof?

- - - Updated - - -

Vote Taffimai

- - - Updated - - -

to be clear I wouldn't be shocked if one of AV/gac/Cap are mafia

but two of them is unlikely so that means at worst I see taff/supa as a 50/50

30. - Top - End - #1110

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fext View Post
    wait hold up you can just tell a statement is true that involves all of the living scum being in a certain pool?

wtf

I thought you were a lie detector
    Apparently, Rogan can get an answer to any question (unless I missed or he omitted something)
    I will provide either “TRUE” or “FALSE” as a response to the statement, or give a response to the question