New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Exalted] What alternative systems have you used?

Not in the subforum because this is multi-system/non-native system.

For every person who enjoys Exalted and likes the system, it seems there is another who likes the setting and hates the system. For every other one of those, there's someone with their own conversion to their favourite system.

So what have you used instead of the Storyteller mechanics? How did it go? How did you handle Charms?

I'm working on an adaptation to Strands of Fate, approaching completion.
    Wushu Open Reloaded
    Actual Play: The Shadow of the Sun (Acrozatarim's WFRP campaign) as Pawel Hals and Mass: the Effecting - Transcendence as Russell Ortiz.
    Now running: Tyche's Favourites, a historical ACKS campaign set around Massalia 300BC.
    In Sanity We Trust Productions - our podcasting site where you can hear our dulcet tones, updated almost every week.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Exalted] What alternative systems have you used?

I've found "In a Wicked Age" functions surprisingly well for Exalted with absolutely no alterations or homebrew required. Not only have I played multiple sessions with uniformly great success in the past, it's the system my group still uses when we do play Exalted (which isn't terribly often, as they don't have quite the love of Creation that I do).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've seen a FATE system-conversion used to great effect. I believe it can be found somewhere on RPG.net.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    I've seen a FATE system-conversion used to great effect. I believe it can be found somewhere on RPG.net.
    I've got one linked in my OP (though that's Strands rather than SotC/SBA/DFPRG).
    Wushu Open Reloaded
    Actual Play: The Shadow of the Sun (Acrozatarim's WFRP campaign) as Pawel Hals and Mass: the Effecting - Transcendence as Russell Ortiz.
    Now running: Tyche's Favourites, a historical ACKS campaign set around Massalia 300BC.
    In Sanity We Trust Productions - our podcasting site where you can hear our dulcet tones, updated almost every week.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Has anybody found a system that can properly handle Charm trees?
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

shrug, Exalted worked fine for us.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Has anybody found a system that can properly handle Charm trees?
    Depends what you mean. As far as I'm concerned the best thing to do with them, as with any tiered complexity, is to collapse them.
    Last edited by Kiero; 2011-05-15 at 05:07 PM.
    Wushu Open Reloaded

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

What does everyone think about the idea of performing character creation and experience point advancement using the Exalted system, to ascertain the exact concrete capabilities and advancements of the characters, and then using a super light barely-not-freeform system like Primetime Adventures for the actual conflict resolution, using the Exalted character sheets as guidelines?