New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Alternate Accounts

How irritating.

Anyway, Gar the Rogue is my alt. Please merge that account into this one. I wasn't planning on using it again anyway, though I did have an idea for additional Town characters and creating another alt, but I guess that's out the window now.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2007-04-05 at 06:21 AM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

I've got two. The Nine and Thriss. If you could merge those with mine that would be great, thanks.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #33
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixineohp View Post
    This is my main account and the others can be deleted. I do not need them merged. Thanks!
    What are the other accounts...

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    Well I don't meant to be disrespectful or anything but the rules actually say:
    Thats why its called a grace period.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Does this mean that new users won't be able to sign up if someone in their family is already a member (and on the same computer)?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Also, we realize that sometimes more than one person shares a single computer. If you legitimately have more than one account that belong to more than one person using the same computer, please post those names here as well, so that we don't inadvertently ban one of you.
    Mrs. Zherog -- AKA Aphrella -- has an account on the forums, though she posts infrequently. Please don't merge us. I spend enough time around her.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

7. - Top - End - #37

Ok, now hopefully I will have a chance to reply properly. Typing long replies with a controller is not easy...

Especially not when you are in a hurry. It is understandable you will all have some queries about the changes and some hesitation to come forward in some instances. It has always been a policy of Giant in the Playground that multiple accounts were not allowed, but that policy was never enforced. Understand that we thought long and hard before deciding to enforce this policy, due to certain abuses we deemed that it had become a requirement.

We are not on a witch hunt, we are not out to get people in the same family or who share a computer or use a public computer, we understand there will be instances where this happens and thats why all decisions must be made by a human, not a computer. The computer is there as a tool to help us identify possible abuses, but does not make the final decision.

We know many people have alternative accounts (aka alts) and have decided to institute a grace period and give you the opportunity to 'turn them in' and have them merged or friendly banned (kind of the same as being banned, but will not be listed as 'Banned', nor will it affect your main account. Title as yet to be decided).

We ask that you use this grace period to turn in your accounts, because after the grace period, harsher penalties, which may include banning of all your accounts, will apply (Note: I quickly edited my original post from will to could result in banning). The penalty will obviously relate to the severity.

I hope this helps explain things.This post will likely 'stuff up' due to the browser I am using (not the Wii), I may clean up the formatting by using the Wii later.
    Last edited by Lilly; 2007-04-05 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Stuffed Up formatting, also I am too nice

8. - Top - End - #38
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Valdus Fire is my little brother's account. In case he wants to use it again, please keep it.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Hm, I'm still not sure what that means with regards to new members. I don't have any accounts other than this one, but I was hoping to get several family members to join up sometime in the future. The first post says that new alternate accounts will be stopped at registration. Does this mean they won't be able to sign up?

10. - Top - End - #40

Ah, no. The first post is in error, such registrations are not blocked.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Closed Account

What if we don't know if we used the same computer with another person? I have no other accounts, but using the college computers from time to time makes it a little risky.

12. - Top - End - #42

As mentioned in my grossly mis-formatted message (someone please edit it!), we know this happens and can identify this. Its a human making the call from the tools provided by the computer.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can you copy/paste on whatever you're using?:

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Ok, now hopefully I will have a chance to reply properly. Typing long replies with a controller is not easy... Especially not when you are in a hurry.

It is understandable you will all have some queries about the changes and some hesitation to come forward in some instances. It has always been a policy of Giant in the Playground that multiple accounts were not allowed, but that policy was never enforced. Understand that we thought long and hard before deciding to enforce this policy, due to certain abuses we deemed that it had become a requirement.

We are not on a witch hunt, we are not out to get people in the same family or who share a computer or use a public computer, we understand there will be instances where this happens and thats why all decisions must be made by a human, not a computer. The computer is there as a tool to help us identify possible abuses, but does not make the final decision.

We know many people have alternative accounts (aka alts) and have decided to institute a grace period and give you the opportunity to 'turn them in' and have them merged or friendly banned (kind of the same as being banned, but will not be listed as 'Banned', nor will it affect your main account. Title as yet to be decided).

We ask that you use this grace period to turn in your accounts, because after the grace period, harsher penalties, which may include banning of all your accounts, will apply (Note: I quickly edited my original post from will to could result in banning). The penalty will obviously relate to the severity.

I hope this helps explain things.

This post will likely 'stuff up' due to the browser I am using (not the Wii), I may clean up the formatting by using the Wii later.
    EDIT: V
    BTW, all the fullstops with no space after them are supposed to have two linebreaks (enters).
    Gotcha, converted.
    Last edited by Tormsskull; 2007-04-05 at 08:26 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Can you copy/paste on whatever you're using?:
    On the Wii, no. On the other computer formatting will just be lost again.

Thanks! BTW, all the fullstops with no space after them are supposed to have two linebreaks (enters).

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Will you (or other appropriate authorities) be looking through all the first posts again, or should I list the other alts I didn't list before here?
    Because editing it in to one spot seemed better to me.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2007-04-05 at 08:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

The reason I posted that my husband, Andre Fairchilde, is NOT my alt, is that somehow when he first logged onto the Forum, after I had, he was able to create his account using our home email. Just as I had.

Due to some unknown wierd glitch in the system, we have two accounts on the Forum with one email address. When I asked him about it later, how he'd signed up, he said it'd just let him, he didn't know he was supposed to have had a different email...

Please DO NOT DELETE his account...He is not me!!
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

17. - Top - End - #47

I have two alternate accounts - Airima and Kunoichi.

I don't want to have them merged with my main account. Please 'friendly ban' them.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Also,
    if you don't want to out your Alts publicly by letting us know what you want done with them here, you can send a PM to one of the Mods (NOT The Giant or RawbearNYC) and we'll keep it all behind the scenes.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

How will we know when the process has been completed?
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have an alt crest_of_a_knave which you can just ban in the nicest way possible.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

I have the alts bow. (with the period) and Iella (merge please) and I have a friend who only posted from my computer (as far as I know) under the name gaia, mother of earth (or something close to that) which I'd rather not have banned. I could have forgotten an alt though I'm not sure.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Unlike a fair number of folks...I actually think it's about darn time for this. The proliferation of alternate accounts has just gotten out of hand.

That said, I'll step up and lay claim to the two alternate accounts I'd like to have merged with this, my main: lordofthehats, and (*pulls curtain aside*) cosmo.

There are a few other one-shots that'll show up in my IP that I'm more than happy to be rid of, but since we've had rather a few visitors over the past year...could I get a list of those accounts before they're wiped, just so I can make sure it wasn't one of our visitors?

NASCRAG Judge in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Inner Circle

pirate-man founder me love thog!

Sneak. A. Tar.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground

Soulspear has posted on my computer on occasion. Please don't ban either accounts.
    He holds him with his skinny hand,
    `There was a ship,' quoth he.
    `Hold off ! unhand me, grey-beard loon !'
    Eftsoons his hand dropt he.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

LEt's See, I have two alts that I don't use that were only created for infultrating opposing groups, they are The Masked Man, and Toadcape Hazel, or something on those lines. ((If Toadcape is right, kudos to me for remembering the obscure name of an alt I used back when the Nacho Army was big.))

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

I have a question: How does this policy affect those who access the boards from a network? I don't know if anyone else at my university has an account here, but I'm not going to preclude the possibility.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Jaspero, the Pirate King View Post
    cosmo
    AHA! I KNEW IT!

27. - Top - End - #57

*Technically* BelkarsDagger is my alt, but I am already unable to access the account due to the board-software-switch. Dunno if it matters or not. If it does, ban him please.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Jewish_Joke is my brother, and we occasionally use the same computer.

Minmaxthemunchkin is my alt that I would like merged.

I use public computers to post from frequently, so there may be a large number that share my IP address. Please refrain from banning any of these other playgrounders.
    Last edited by Logic; 2007-04-05 at 10:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    I have a question: How does this policy affect those who access the boards from a network? I don't know if anyone else at my university has an account here, but I'm not going to preclude the possibility.
    I second this question...and wonder if you're the other Purdue person I've found on here...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    I second this question...and wonder if you're the other Purdue person I've found on here...
    It shouldn't effect you at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    ...We are not on a witch hunt, we are not out to get people in the same family or who share a computer or use a public computer, we understand there will be instances where this happens and thats why all decisions must be made by a human, not a computer. The computer is there as a tool to help us identify possible abuses, but does not make the final decision....
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex