New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Indeed, the stallion is returning with a trestle laden with all their orders. And it looks accurate to boot. "Alright," he says, "Anyone need refills on water while I'm here?"
    "Yes please," Doc responds, and holds up his empty glass. There was water in it once, but how did he...?

Doc turns his plate to he can start on fries. "We are getting up at the crack of alleged dawn, yes? In the interest of speed, should we take breakfast to go?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Rime: "Yes. I and Oddy's part pleases me."

She says to the Stallion, "No. My ordered drink will serve me."

She waits for the stallion to place her food, then she looks it over to make sure it looks proper? Her horn glows, and blue magic surrounds the plate. Blue wisps raise off the food and will continue to be blue as long as the food is safe to eat. The color will shift to another if the food fails the test.

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Test Food
    Information

Identifies whether a substance is good to eat. The spell tells nothing about taste or nutrition; it detects poisons, dangerous decay, or foreign objects (razor blades in fruit). It does not check for magic on food.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Firbolg in the Playground

New blanket in tow, Roxy heads out, Oddy following along behind, and together they make their way towards the restaurant.

Food delivered, drinks refilled, the waiter heads off and leaves them to their meal. Rime's spell identifies the food as 'safe to eat', so she can happily chow down. Golden digs into hers with enjoyment, but stays focused on the conversation at hand. "That might be for the best," she says to Doc, "To stretch our supplies a little longer."

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

It seemed an interesting night awaited, first however came food and planning. Roxy waves to the others when she spots their table and moves over towards them. "Yo, did we miss anything?"

5. - Top - End - #695

Food delivered, drinks refilled, the waiter heads off and leaves them to their meal. Rime's spell identifies the food as 'safe to eat', so she can happily chow down. Golden digs into hers with enjoyment, but stays focused on the conversation at hand. "That might be for the best," she says to Doc, "To stretch our supplies a little longer."
    "Worst case, could try to hunt for something. Dunno what little critters go thump out there, but I've caught molerat and cooked it with my ma whenever we went camping.

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    Roxy waves to the others when she spots their table and moves over towards them. "Yo, did we miss anything?"
    Doc points to all the food on the table. "This much."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-12-08 at 02:34 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Rime sits in the back expanded earthen room. She has a seat open next to her? One one hoof, she is sitting next to Golden. On the other, no one would be there except Pepper? Blue magic steam is coming off her glowing magic covered food. She sternly judges the magic as the duo enter the room.

She says about breakfast, "I do enjoy a good breakfast-" She grimances at Doc's hunting proposotion but gets interrupted by Roxy before she can say anything.

She waves and says to Roxy, "A lot actually." She waves her hoof to signal for them to come to the table. "Have a seat."

Rime's horn glows. A salt rock appears above her plate and grinds itself into nothing while sprinkling seasoning.

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Fool’s Banquet
    Regular

Makes any item seem like attractive, tasty food. The underlying nature of the matter does not change, but those who eat it will find it delicious
    not necessarily nutritious, but delicious. Can only be cast on things that can be eaten; it would work on mud, but not on stones. A classic complement to the often dull provender created with Create Food

7. - Top - End - #697

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    She waves and says to Roxy, "A lot actually." She waves her hoof to signal for them to come to the table. "Have a seat."
    "The short version--if we catch the armored mare Powerline mentioned outside, we can try to bury her in an avalanche. Glint and I will distract her with bullets while Rime and Oddy work their magic."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

"The longer version: Glint will scout the area without being caught by the mare. She will find defensive positions for everyone to bunker down. I and Oddy will approach the mare to engage with diplomacy. If Oddy fails then we spring an ambush. If the terrain allows we could bury her in snow. There is the question on how to cause an avalanche." She asks, "Do you think that is something you can do?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-12-08 at 06:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #699

"If nothing else," Golden says, "We'll want you hidden, if possible. To add to the element of surprise." She grins. "Which is, personally, my favorite element of harmony."

10. - Top - End - #700

"If nothing else," Golden says, "We'll want you hidden, if possible. To add to the element of surprise." She grins. "Which is, personally, my favorite element of harmony."

"I enjoy those too. My patients not so much though," Doc joked. "One minute you're wrapping their leg, next they have no sense of humor."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy naturally took her a seat, as if she always were their.
    "Element of surprise? But- oOo...' she stopped herself before "reverting" to her trivia girl self.

"Well, I know it might blow your minds, but beside being charming, I can also be invisible. And I am quite expert of escaping. So maybe I could do that. But I usually preffer to plan during action. It's more fun, and less likely to miss important intel.'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

12. - Top - End - #702

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "Well, I know it might blow your minds, but beside being charming, I can also be invisible. And I am quite expert of escaping. So maybe I could do that. But I usually preffer to plan during action. It's more fun, and less likely to miss important intel.'
    "I reckon you'll be scouting the depot for us, much like Glint for the trip there," Doc says.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure! It very easy for me to k'hide. Many reindeers k'have devolped this ability. Legends say, it was for-" she stop and smile.
    "Anyway. Da. It will be fun."

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #704

Doc let's out a snort through his smile. "Always the mysterious one, aren't you? Well, we can sure use your legendary skills if that Depot still has a ton of robots about."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

"Wha-what?' Oddy sttutered shyly.
    'It's not like that. I just.. don't want to rant. You can't believe how cringy I can be, if I let it loose.'

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #706

'It's not like that. I just.. don't want to rant. You can't believe how cringy I can be, if I let it loose.'
    "Is that a promise?" Doc asked, now suddenly interested in pulling off the reindeer's mask. "Reckon it's late now, so I'll let you off the hook, but maybe after the Depot you can entertain me a reindeer rant."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #707

Golden lets out a small yawn. "Indeed. We will have to save that for later," she says, "I will be going to bed as soon as possible. The rest of you can do what you want. Though be warned: we leave early in the morning, no matter how late you stay up with your late-night activities."

She looks at each of them, but lingers on Oddy for an extra second there.

"Make wise choices," she says in a sing-song voice.

18. - Top - End - #708

"Well, before we all depart to entertain our own business, where'd you like us to meet up in the morning?" Doc asks.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "I enjoy those too. My patients not so much though," Doc joked. "One minute you're wrapping their leg, next they have no sense of humor."
    Rime chuckles and says to Doc, "I can not imagine why."

Oddy naturally took her a seat, as if she always were their.
    "Element of surprise? But- oOo...' she stopped herself before "reverting" to her trivia girl self.

Rime sips her mixed drink. She pokes her food with a fork and plays around with it slowly. She takes a bite and pauses to enjoy every second.

She asks skeptically, "You can turn invisible? Are you sure about that? I can believe that you have a knack for silently moving around or escaping bindings, but you being able to turn invisible is a bit much even for you, Oddy."

"That is the thing about planning ahead. The plan never survives when new information comes to light. We will adjust when needed, but unless you want to suggest a different course we have our plan."

"I reckon you'll be scouting the depot for us, much like Glint for the trip there," Doc says.
    "Sure! It very easy for me to k'hide. Many reindeers k'have devolped this ability. Legends say, it was for-" she stop and smile.
    "Anyway. Da. It will be fun."
    "I look forward to boldly approaching the armored mare with a dozen guns with you." She smirks, "Hopefully, she does not shoot the messenger. I will be with you and protect you." She winks at Oddy.

Doc let's out a snort through his smile. "Always the mysterious one, aren't you? Well, we can sure use your legendary skills if that Depot still has a ton of robots about."
    "Is that a promise?" Doc asked, now suddenly interested in pulling off the reindeer's mask. "Reckon it's late now, so I'll let you off the hook, but maybe after the Depot you can entertain me a reindeer rant."
    Rime frowns a little as they joke and have fun. Doc isn't even Oddy's friend. Why are they having so much fun? Rime should be having fun with Oddy. She continues to sip her drink and eat her food.

Golden lets out a small yawn. "Indeed. We will have to save that for later," she says, "I will be going to bed as soon as possible. The rest of you can do what you want. Though be warned: we leave early in the morning, no matter how late you stay up with your late-night activities."

She looks at each of them, but lingers on Oddy for an extra second there.

"Make wise choices," she says in a sing-song voice.
    "Well, before we all depart to entertain our own business, where'd you like us to meet up in the morning?" Doc asks.
    "I do have some business needing done, but a mare never misses her beauty sleep. I should set a good example for everypony and not be tired on the job." She smirks to herself.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-12-09 at 06:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #710

"Powerline's shop," Golden says, finishing up her meal, "Where we have all our supplies storied."

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy smiled a bit akwardly at Oddy asking if this was a promise.
    Commitments were a baggage. And sure, Oddy lied as easily as she breathed, but you need to lie wisely.
    And this sort of honesty, seemed like a better startegy with Doc and Rime.

Oddy smile at Rime.
    "It's not exactly invisibility, but it's close enough. And sure.' she get up, and strech, she didn't ate much saving room.
    "Sleeping a whole night? It's a waste of time! This might be our last night in this world! Come, Roxy.' she gestured.
    "Let's make it a night to remember!'

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

"That is a good meeting location."

She says to Oddy, "I can not fault that logic. Do not make tomorrow your last day by your actions tonight." She smiles and pulls out a candy with her magic. "Everypony distracted me from giving Powerline a special candy. Would you deliver her candy for me? Tell her it is from me."

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy smile looked almost like of cat now.
    "Don't you worry, Rime deer. I might be crazy, but I am not stupid. I survived until now, didn't I? I just live my life to the fullest,without regrets or k'holding back.
    She took the candy.
    "And.. sure. It woupd be my pleasure.' she smiled michvously

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #714

"Powerline's shop," Golden says, finishing up her meal, "Where we have all our supplies storied."
    "Alright, then I'll be there first thing," Doc confirmed.

Oddy smiled a bit akwardly at Oddy asking if this was a promise.
    Commitments were a baggage. And sure, Oddy lied as easily as she breathed, but you need to lie wisely.
    And this sort of honesty, seemed like a better startegy with Doc and Rime.
    Doc smirks. He seemed to have cornered Oddy, so he doesn't ask any more questions. He is very curious to know who the real Oddy is and her story later on.

She smiles and pulls out a candy with her magic. "Everypony distracted me from giving Powerline a special candy. Would you deliver her candy for me? Tell her it is from me."
    "You have some kind of divination on those candies?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Rime gets defensive with Oddy. "I am not worried." She admits, "I know you are a survivor. That is why you are charging the armored mare with me tomorrow." She chuckles. Rime approves, "You live your life Oddy."

Rime thinks at Docs question. "I suppose the candies are familiar enough with me that I could use them for information spells as long as they were not consumed." She smirks. "If a pony did not listen to my warning to eat the treat in twenty-four hours they would deserve whatever befalls them. My instructions are not to be taken lightly. Magic is a dangerous plaything."

26. - Top - End - #716

Rime thinks at Docs question. "I suppose the candies are familiar enough with me that I could use them for information spells as long as they were not consumed." She smirks. "If a pony did not listen to my warning to eat the treat in twenty-four hours they would deserve whatever befalls them. My instructions are not to be taken lightly. Magic is a dangerous plaything."
    "Heh, not sure if that's supposed to be comforting, but it sounds like a line a chem dealer tried on me."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #717

"That does remind me of one last thing," Golden says. She leans forward, expression a bit more serious. "Are any of you on chems? I haven't seen anyone take any, but I figure it is better to ask now than to run out in the middle of our expedition and have to deal with you going through withdrawal symptoms."

28. - Top - End - #718

"No, I'm not addicted to any chems," Doc answers with a sudden serious tone. "If anyone is, I'll be more than willing to help seen you off them. Believe me, stay clean. I seen ponies 'disintegrate' from long-term use and it ain't worth the momentary escape."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Rime finishes her mixed drink. She jokes, "A joke in good tastes I assure you." She thinks back then chuckles. "I did not answer you the first time you asked. I have temporally enchanted my candies to draw out their fullest flavor. You saw me use the same magic on my meal and drink. The reason behind the twenty-four hours is that the magic will fade away after that time eclipses. The special properties soil to normal."

Rime shakes her head to Golden. "My body is a temple." She says, "I would never diminish my mental capabilities by becoming addicted to chems. No pony wants a mad mage around."

30. - Top - End - #720

Golden nods. "Good." She will look to the others for their answers, however. After that is out of the way, she pushes her plate away and sighs. "Well, I am going to go check in on our sleeping arrangements, for those that haven't made their own. I'll be back in a few minutes."