New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5e Bloodline Guide] What in the Nine Hells is a Bloodline?

after much google-ing in an attempt to discover this replacement method i had come across bupkiss.

the only iota of anything i found was a suggestion on EN worlds forum to treat them similar to LA and allow a similar "buyback" option.

now they didn't give much insight so i will use some grey matter and see if i can come up with something simple yet effective

The character is still required to take a level of bloodline within the designated time as per the original rules. After they take this level this level is included in their ECL as described in the guide. However, instead of gaining the next level after the bloodline, they will "re-level" the bloodline level they obtained. This level then replaces the bloodline level. Effectively the character must obtain enough experience to gain the level twice.

Example: Crimson the Warlock has a Red Dragon bloodline, when he gains enough experience he acquires a level of Bloodline for his 12th level. He is effectively ECL 12. He then must gain enough experience equal to the difference between level 11 and 12 to effectively gain a 12th level in Warlock that then replaces the bloodline level. When the warlock level replaces the bloodline level he is still a ECL 12 character until he gains enough experience to become level 13. He retains his bloodline abilities as is able to continue to gain new ones as per the original rules.

if this is too clunky or just worded in a manner that hard to understand let me know., the difference between this an LA buyoff is with LA buyoff you actually would drop the gained level, in this version you retain the gained level until you can replace it with the class level.
    Last edited by Bagel; 2011-08-12 at 12:48 PM.
    TN Human Sorcerer | STR 11 | DEX 16 | CON 11 | INT 16 | WIS 14 | CHA 18

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post

The character is still required to take a level of bloodline within the designated time as per the original rules. After they take this level this level is included in their ECL as described in the guide. However, instead of gaining the next level after the bloodline, they will "re-level" the bloodline level they obtained. This level then replaces the bloodline level. Effectively the character must obtain enough experience to gain the level twice.

Example: Crimson the Warlock has a Red Dragon bloodline, when he gains enough experience he acquires a level of Bloodline for his 12th level. He is effectively ECL 12. He then must gain enough experience equal to the difference between level 11 and 12 to effectively gain a 12th level in Warlock that then replaces the bloodline level. When the warlock level replaces the bloodline level he is still a ECL 12 character until he gains enough experience to become level 13. He retains his bloodline abilities as is able to continue to gain new ones as per the original rules.

Is that how it's actually supposed to work? Because I've never understood it until this post. If it is then you rock.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

-Snip-
    That's very reasonable and logical. If you don't mind, I think I'll quote that and move it into the OP as a possible explanation for replacement v delay.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

feel free to quote include and credit accordingly,

just a note however, if creating a character starting at level 10 or similar, one could very easily use their bloodline levels at 1-2-3 then "buy" them off with exp and start at level 8 or so [didn't do the actual math :P] and continue on in their group as if nothing was different, they would bridge the experience gap just as easily as a character with an LA+1 Buyoff would, coming in behind in level but not features, this not only makes bloodlines viable for char-op, it almost makes them impossible to skip!
    Last edited by Bagel; 2011-08-12 at 06:30 PM.
    TN Human Sorcerer | STR 11 | DEX 16 | CON 11 | INT 16 | WIS 14 | CHA 18

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

As long as we're talking about buyoff and houserules...

Has anybody considered, instead of (or in addition to, I suppose) allowing LA buyoff, requiring a character with LA+1/2/3 to take a minor/int./major bloodline, with one of the costs nixed (that is, the LA or the required bloodline levels)?
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2011-08-12 at 06:32 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

feel free to quote include and credit accordingly,

just a note however, if creating a character starting at level 10 or similar, one could very easily use their bloodline levels at 1-2-3 then "buy" them off with exp and start at level 8 or so [didn't do the actual math :P] and continue on in their group as if nothing was different, they would bridge the experience gap just as easily as a character with an LA+1 Buyoff would, coming in behind in level but not features, this not only makes bloodlines viable for char-op, it almost makes them impossible to skip!
    Included and credited. And you do realize that quotes automatically include the name of the original poster?

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    As long as we're talking about buyoff and houserules...

Has anybody considered, instead of (or in addition to, I suppose) allowing LA buyoff, requiring a character with LA+1/2/3 to take a minor/int./major bloodline, with one of the costs nixed (that is, the LA or the required bloodline levels)?
    Hm.. That's an interesting idea. It would give LA characters something to look forward to at later levels.. But how would you explain it in-game? Well, for some it would make sense. Like an Aasimar having a Minor Celestial Tied Bloodline. But what would a Thri-Kreen get?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

It might be interesting to have a 3-level Bloodline Paragon class, which grants you a bloodline based on the number of levels you take.

Bloodline Paragon
    You may not be great, but your ancestry is; and the power is in the blood, as it were.

HD: d6
    Skills: You do not gain any new class skills.
    Skill Points: 2+Int modifier.

{table=head]BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Class Abilities|Bloodline Strength
    +0|+0|+0|+0|Enhance Bloodline +1|-
    +1|+0|+0|+0|Bonus Feat|Minor
    +1|+1|+1|+1|Enhance Bloodline +2|Intermediate[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies:
    You gain no new proficiencies

Enhance Bloodline: For the purpose of determining your ECL for all bloodlines, you are treated as if you were 1 level higher; at 3rd level, you are treated as if you were 2 levels higher.

Bonus Feat: At 2nd level you gain a single bonus feat; you must meet all the prerequisites for this bonus feat.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2011-08-13 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    It might be interesting to have a 3-level Bloodline Paragon class, which grants you a bloodline based on the number of levels you take.

-Snip-
    Interesting. If you take this when you don't have a Bloodline already, what does the Enhancement do at first level?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Nothing...

Until you get a minor Bloodline at 2nd level.

It's just like how you can't actually use Lurk augments at 1st level unless you have Sneak Attack prior, in which case you still can't.

Yeah, the Lurk is facepalm-worthy.
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing...

Until you get a minor Bloodline at 2nd level.

It's just like how you can't actually use Lurk augments at 1st level unless you have Sneak Attack prior, in which case you still can't.

Yeah, the Lurk is facepalm-worthy.
    There's a reason I never got Complete Psion..

Anywho, I approve of your Paragon. Just to clarify, the ECL boost would affect level dependent effects (Like the save DC of a Dragon Descendant's breath weapon), but not actually grant them further abilities, right?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, it would only enhance level dependent effects.

Though a class that enhanced bloodlines at a 5/3 rate would be scary...

Anyway, three levels in this will give you up to three Intermediate bloodlines (Major Mudblood+Class granted Bloodline).

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway, three levels in this will give you up to three Intermediate bloodlines (Major Mudblood+Class granted Bloodline).
    Hmm.. Now I'm stuck thinking about weird bloodline mixes again. Glamerkin/Celestial Tied/Fiendish Tied? So there was an Angel, a Demon and a Major Image and...

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

"A Celestial, a Fiend, and a Harrowed walked into a bar... and 9 months later, I was born."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

"A Celestial, a Fiend, and a Harrowed walked into a bar... and 9 months later, I was born."
    If there's any homebrew that's most conducive to really... unique backstories, it would probably be the Mudblood.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I knew it!

Anyways, don't know if anyone remembers my Student of the Weird, but to recap: It lets you take monster levels and get a few other things as part of a PC class. I'm interested in allowing Bloodlines to be incorporated into the class, but I'm not entirely sure how, and was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to incorporate them into the class.
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

That's easy-Have an ACF that can only be taken 3 times; each time you take that ACF, you boost your bloodline a step:
    None->Minor->Intermediate->Major.
    Have them be based off CLASS level rather than ECL, and bing bang boom, you got Bloodlines as a class feature.

17. - Top - End - #47

RedWizardGuy

That's easy-Have an ACF that can only be taken 3 times; each time you take that ACF, you boost your bloodline a step:
    None->Minor->Intermediate->Major.
    Have them be based off CLASS level rather than ECL, and bing bang boom, you got Bloodlines as a class feature.
    That sounds like a good idea, although I'm not entirely sure which class feature it would serve best as an ACF for.
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've actually been thinking about this for a while, and what I've come up with is this:

You need a racial class. The basic premise is that the race was the victim of a plague centuries ago that continues to devastate the population. With no cure, the race has continued to survive by harvesting the bloodlines of other creatures to provide infusions and sustain them.

This had a few key benefits:
    In terms of starting stats, it offers a couple possibilities. Namely 1) -2 Str, - 2 Con, +2 Int. OR 2) only stat penalties. The benefit of this second option is that it allows you more flexibility with the class since the race using it is inherently disadvantaged. It fits in terms of flavor and grants you a far greater creative scope while totally avoiding LA.

Additionally, it provides a good reason for requiring the use of bloodlines with the class and gives a perfect explanation for swapping them out.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll go into greater details about what i've come up with.
    Last edited by TravelLog; 2011-08-16 at 03:51 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    I've actually been thinking about this for a while, and what I've come up with is this:

You need a racial class. The basic premise is that the race was the victim of a plague centuries ago that continues to devastate the population. With no cure, the race has continued to survive by harvesting the bloodlines of other creatures to provide infusions and sustain them.

This had a few key benefits:
    In terms of starting stats, it offers a couple possibilities. Namely 1) -2 Str, - 2 Con, +2 Int. OR 2) only stat penalties. The benefit of this second option is that it allows you more flexibility with the class since the race using it is inherently disadvantaged. It fits in terms of flavor and grants you a far greater creative scope while totally avoiding LA.

Additionally, it provides a good reason for requiring the use of bloodlines with the class and gives a perfect explanation for swapping them out.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll go into greater details about what i've come up with.
    I've been juggling around ideas for a race or class for bloodlines for a while, but haven't made anything as of yet. I'd love to hear more. And if you have enough, you can feel free to post it independently of this thread, in a topic of it's own.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

RedWizardGuy

Hey kids! Remember this? I was thinking it would be cool for a Weapons of Legacy bloodline to exist. Premise: A Weapon of Legacy infuses a wielder with its power. However, sometimes some of a Weapon of Legacy's power is inherited by the child of such a wielder. It'd be pretty cool, or so I think at least.
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've never actually made a homebrew and I'm pretty new to D&D, so I haven't actually made anything for it, I've just come up with some ideas.

The central one I've got is that starting at level 1, the class is able to harvest "Bloodline Infusions" from the creatures they faced which temporarily grants them the bloodline's powers based on the character's current level. At level 7 they gain the ability to use 2 bloodline's at once (still costing a standard action to swap). At level 9 it becomes a minor action and at level 11 a free action to swap one (a minor action to swap two). At level 15 they are able to use 3 bloodlines.

At some point there, I'm not sure where, they gain the ability to use Racial Memory, which lets them use bloodlines they haven't even come into contact with (not sure what the limit I would want to impose on this is).

Still thinking about a capstone though. Anyway, I'm happy to provide ideas, and from what I've seen of your homebrew, you would do an incredible job with execution of it.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Something of note is Monte Cook had nothing to do with Bloodlines, that's the baby of Andy Collins, which he made for a campaign. There weren't any bloodline levels as far as I can tell, that was WotC attempting to balance them or something.

If anyone's interested, the full campaign write-up, along with supporting materials, can be found here: http://www.andycollins.net/Campaigns...Bloodlines.htm
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

I've never actually made a homebrew and I'm pretty new to D&D, so I haven't actually made anything for it, I've just come up with some ideas.

The central one I've got is that starting at level 1, the class is able to harvest "Bloodline Infusions" from the creatures they faced which temporarily grants them the bloodline's powers based on the character's current level. At level 7 they gain the ability to use 2 bloodline's at once (still costing a standard action to swap). At level 9 it becomes a minor action and at level 11 a free action to swap one (a minor action to swap two). At level 15 they are able to use 3 bloodlines.

At some point there, I'm not sure where, they gain the ability to use Racial Memory, which lets them use bloodlines they haven't even come into contact with (not sure what the limit I would want to impose on this is).

Still thinking about a capstone though. Anyway, I'm happy to provide ideas, and from what I've seen of your homebrew, you would do an incredible job with execution of it.
    Well, from what you've written, that sounds more like a class idea than a race, particularly as races lack capstones. Still seems like it could be an interesting idea. The thing to remember though is that while bloodlines are generally balanced on the same scale, you need to be clear about if you mean minor, intermediate, or major.

All, said, I figure I'll propose a bloodline focused race going a somewhat different route.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blooded
    The blooded are the descendent of a once prosperous and diverse city that came to be afflicted by a crippling disease. While they managed to stop the spread with the help of magic, and it generally was not enough to cause death, the old, the weak, and the young often were not strong enough and provided the majority of the death toll. Still, it was thought dealt with, until they found that while magic had made the disease unable to spread normally, it still remained hereditary, and afflicted all children being born to parents who had caught it. Young as they were, almost none of the children born with the disease survived, and so the people came to realize that if they hoped to have children, they would need to be stronger than standard stock would provide. So it was that they began introducing supernatural or otherwise strong agents into their bloodline though various methods. In time their descendants came to be known as blooded, due to the varied nature of their parentage.

Pysical Description: Blooded tend to look mostly human, though details vary based upon what bloodlines they have.

Personality: Blooded have a wide range of personalities, though some are in part influenced by their bloodlines.

Relations: Depending on the bloodlines they posses, some places may treat them like others or discriminate due to their heritage. Still there are places that discriminate against all blooded due to their impure bloodlines.

Alignment: Blooded can be any alignment, though some are influenced by their bloodlines.

Blooded Lands: Outside their main city, blooded have no lands where they are dominant, though they can be found most places.

Religion: Blooded can be of any religion, though they may be influenced by their bloodline.

Abilities and racial features
    Blooded have the following racial traits
    • -2 to one physical ability score, -2 to one mental ability score. Blooded still suffer from the disease that afflicted their ancestors.
    • Medium Size
    • Humanoid: Blooded are humanoid.
    • Inherent Bloodline: Blooded are known for their muddled bloodlines. All blooded have at least one bloodline which counts as being one step weaker than it is for the purposes of needing to take bloodline levels (minor counts as no bloodline, intermediate counts as minor, major counts as intermediate). If the blooded has the mudblood bloodline, one of the component bloodlines is treated as being a step weaker (this means you may have a major bloodline as one of the component bloodlines).
    • Inborn Heritage: Blooded are automatically treated as having a single bloodline level for the purposes of progressing in bloodlines. This does not convey other benefits of bloodline levels.
    • Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (not counting secret languages)
    • Favored class: Any or Blood King at DMs discretion

Racial Paragon Levels
    Abilities: What abilities are important varies depending on the bloodlines the individual possesses.
    Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: d8

Class Skills
    The blooded paragon's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Any 2) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Survival (Wis), and any skills granted bonuses by bloodlines possessed.

Skill Points at Each Level
    4 + Int modifier.
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|0|0|0|2|Latent Bloodline
    2nd|1|0|0|3|Bloodline Level
    3rd|2|1|1|3|Latent Bloodline[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Blooded paragons gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Latent Bloodline (Ex): The blood of the blooded's ancestors becomes stronger. One of the blooded's bloodlines counts as being a step weaker than it is for the purposes of bloodline levels (minor counts as no bloodline, intermediate counts as minor, major counts as intermediate). If the blooded has the mudblood bloodline, only one of the component bloodlines is treated as being a step weaker (this means you may have a major bloodline as one of the component bloodlines). This stacks with Inherent Bloodline and Latent Bloodline. The blooded may choose to gain another bloodline, or improve the strength of a bloodline it has, and if it does so may apply this to that one. If it has more than one bloodline that would require require bloodline levels be taken, they must be components of the mudblood bloodline and one of the valid strength combinations (note that as this ability is gained, it may change between having the mudblood bloodline or not as well as the combination of bloodlines making up the mudblood bloodline as required).

Bloodline Level (Ex): The second level of the blooded paragon counts as a bloodline level for the blooded.

Well, not sure if the bloodline level in the paragon is rightly needed. May also be more balanced if the Latent Bloodline was only gained twice, not quite sure. possibly gained at 1st and 3rd, while second might gain bloodline level. Thoughts?

Edit: modified blooded. The original version can be found in Welknair's quote below.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2012-02-08 at 10:41 AM.
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Mmm, the Blooded look nice; I just found out what race my "villain" will be in my upcoming campaign (He brought about the apocalypse in an attempt to become a god.)

Now, let's see...

Major Mudblood Bloodline (Intermediate Akodrin Bloodline, Minor Fragment Bloodline, Minor Chosen of the Far Realms) would, with the 4 increases from being a Blooded and Blooded Paragon would give me three Major Bloodlines.

I could go for interweaving Mudblood Bloodlines, to get 6 Intermediate bloodlines, but that might be too much.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer999 View Post
    Hey kids! Remember this? I was thinking it would be cool for a Weapons of Legacy bloodline to exist. Premise: A Weapon of Legacy infuses a wielder with its power. However, sometimes some of a Weapon of Legacy's power is inherited by the child of such a wielder. It'd be pretty cool, or so I think at least.
    An interesting concept indeed. I'm a bit full on requests at the moment, though and I haven't even skimmed a pdf of Weapons of Legacy. I would be interested to see what you would come up with if you attempted to make a bloodline for it.

-Snip-
    Everyone's gotta start somewhere. You certainly seem to be having enough ideas. I'd suggest trying your hand at it. That is, if Owrtho didn't just make exactly what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Something of note is Monte Cook had nothing to do with Bloodlines, that's the baby of Andy Collins, which he made for a campaign. There weren't any bloodline levels as far as I can tell, that was WotC attempting to balance them or something.

If anyone's interested, the full campaign write-up, along with supporting materials, can be found here: http://www.andycollins.net/Campaigns...Bloodlines.htm
    Very interesting. I did not know that. I may need to read through that campaign journal now. Speaking of which, do you guys think I should start a campaign journal for my game?

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    Well, from what you've written, that sounds more like a class idea than a race, particularly as races lack capstones. Still seems like it could be an interesting idea. The thing to remember though is that while bloodlines are generally balanced on the same scale, you need to be clear about if you mean minor, intermediate, or major.

All, said, I figure I'll propose a bloodline focused race going a somewhat different route.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blooded
    The blooded are the descendent of a once prosperous and diverse city that came to be afflicted by a crippling disease. While they managed to stop the spread with the help of magic, and it generally was not enough to cause death, the old, the weak, and the young often were not strong enough and provided the majority of the death toll. Still, it was thought dealt with, until they found that while magic had made the disease unable to spread normally, it still remained hereditary, and afflicted all children being born to parents who had caught it. Young as they were, almost none of the children born with the disease survived, and so the people came to realize that if they hoped to have children, they would need to be stronger than standard stock would provide. So it was that they began introducing supernatural or otherwise strong agents into their bloodline though various methods. In time their descendants came to be known as blooded, due to the varied nature of their parentage.

Pysical Description: Blooded tend to look mostly human, though details vary based upon what bloodlines they have.

Personality: Blooded have a wide range of personalities, though some are in part influenced by their bloodlines.

Relations: Depending on the bloodlines they posses, some places may treat them like others or discriminate due to their heritage. Still there are places that discriminate against all blooded due to their impure bloodlines.

Alignment: Blooded can be any alignment, though some are influenced by their bloodlines.

Blooded Lands: Outside their main city, blooded have no lands where they are dominant, though they can be found most places.

Religion: Blooded can be of any religion, though they may be influenced by their bloodline.

Abilities and racial features
    Blooded have the following racial traits
    • -2 to one physical ability score, -2 to one mental ability score. Blooded still suffer from the disease that afflicted their ancestors.
    • Medium Size
    • Humanoid: Blooded are humanoid.
    • Inherent Bloodline: Blooded are known for their muddled bloodlines. All blooded have at least one bloodline which counts as being one step weaker than it is for the purposes of needing to take bloodline levels (minor counts as no bloodline, intermediate counts as minor, major counts as intermediate). If the blooded has the mudblood bloodline, one of the component bloodlines is treated as being a step weaker (this means you may have a major bloodline as one of the component bloodlines).
    • Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (not counting secret languages)
    • Favored class: Any

Racial Paragon Levels
    Abilities: What abilities are important varies depending on the bloodlines the individual possesses.
    Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: d8

Class Skills
    The blooded paragon's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Any 2) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Survival (Wis), and any skills granted bonuses by bloodlines possessed.

Skill Points at Each Level
    4 + Int modifier.
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|0|0|0|2|Latent Bloodline
    2nd|1|0|0|3|Latent Bloodline
    3rd|2|1|1|3|Latent Bloodline, Bloodline Level[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Blooded paragons gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Latent Bloodline (Ex): The blood of the blooded's ancestors becomes stronger. One of the blooded's bloodlines counts as being a step weaker than it is for the purposes of bloodline levels (minor counts as no bloodline, intermediate counts as minor, major counts as intermediate). If the blooded has the mudblood bloodline, only one of the component bloodlines is treated as being a step weaker (this means you may have a major bloodline as one of the component bloodlines). This stacks with Inherent Bloodline and Latent Bloodline. The blooded may choose to gain another bloodline, or improve the strength of a bloodline it has, and if it does so may apply this to that one. If it has more than one bloodline that would require require bloodline levels be taken, they must be components of the mudblood bloodline and one of the valid strength combinations (note that as this ability is gained, it may change between having the mudblood bloodline or not as well as the combination of bloodlines making up the mudblood bloodline as required).

Bloodline Level (Ex): The third level of the blooded paragon counts as a bloodline level for the blooded.

Well, not sure if the bloodline level in the paragon is rightly needed. May also be more balanced if the Latent Bloodline was only gained twice, not quite sure. possibly gained at 1st and 3rd, while second might gain bloodline level. Thoughts?

Owrtho
    That is quite impressive. I may need to link to that in the main post. Or at least somewhere.

Major Mudblood Bloodline (Intermediate Akodrin Bloodline, Minor Fragment Bloodline, Minor Chosen of the Far Realms) would, with the 4 increases from being a Blooded and Blooded Paragon would give me three Major Bloodlines.

I could go for interweaving Mudblood Bloodlines, to get 6 Intermediate bloodlines, but that might be too much.
    You're evil. And that is going to be one hell of a scary dude.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

RedWizardGuy

Mmm, the Blooded look nice; I just found out what race my "villain" will be in my upcoming campaign (He brought about the apocalypse in an attempt to become a god.)

Now, let's see...

The Paragon works different. For Mudblood Bloodlines, it only decreases one component bloodline(i.e. One Intermediate Bloodline and one Minor bloodline becomes two Minor bloodlines). Also, it would appear that if you have to take bloodline levels for multiple bloodlines, they become treated as a Mudblood bloodline of the appropriate strength, making it so that you can't have multiple Mudblood Bloodlines.
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

One of the Mudblood choices is two minor, one intermediate; it would actually only increase it to two Major, one Intermediate (The Intermediate would be the Fragment.)

I want to build this guy now. I need three class levels for him (I would say my three Bloodline levels would be a major addition; 4 Bloodlines (2 Major, 2 Intermediate), with all the abilities on the table up to 8th level, with all level-based effects increased by 2? In an e6 game?)

Brutal.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Very interesting. I did not know that. I may need to read through that campaign journal now. Speaking of which, do you guys think I should start a campaign journal for my game?
    Of course you should. If I was better in english I would probably have done it already. If you decide to do it let me know this may help me with my Furture Topic about all playtesting done with GiantITP Homebrew.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    Everyone's gotta start somewhere. You certainly seem to be having enough ideas. I'd suggest trying your hand at it. That is, if Owrtho didn't just make exactly what you wanted.
    Well, I tried to have it focus on bloodlines in a different manner than he mentioned his idea would.

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    That is quite impressive. I may need to link to that in the main post. Or at least somewhere.
    Feel free to link or quote it. Anyway, glad it's getting a positive reception. I was somewhat worried about its balance. To a degree I still am, though somewhat differently. Given it is quite weak early on, but if one takes advantage of the paragon to get 4 minor bloodlines, 4 intermediate bloodlines, or 2 major & one intermediate bloodline (or some combination), it could be rather strong, at least in later levels. Still, at early having only a net -4 to abilities could be troublesome (though if you choose the race without a major bloodline you're doing it wrong).
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Here is my, well, antagonist for my upcoming campaign:
    The Ascendant

For a little backstory:

Remember Karsus? Mr. Try-to-Ascend-to-Godhood-but-Fail-Miserably? This guy is sorta like him.

Basically, for this campaign, "normal" forms of magic haven't existed for 197 years, due to the fact that this guy's attempt towards godhood tore magic itself to shreds, and it only managed to repair itself by resurrecting him.

He sports an 80ft move speed; that includes an 80ft flight speed, which increases to 140ft while his True Form is active, he has access to 4th level Breaches, DR 5/Byeshk, 110' Telepathy, 13 Psionic Powers of up to 3rd level, and a ton of other goodies (Thank you EdroGrimshell for your magnificent new Aberrant feats)

All in all, look upon this horror and despair!

And this is before I decide on his items.