New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromantic Codex: 3.5 Necromancy Base Classes, Items, Spells, and more! PEAC

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingGod05 View Post
    HAving both a Plague Witch, AND Death Knight in my upcoming game. Will post more later. (PbP game)
    Hope it works for your campaign then.

Just finished posting the Enervation discipline so I only need to add the terror discipline for the incantations to be finished. Any comments on the new disciplines or on the Magus of the Darkest flames would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromantic Codex: 3.5 Necromancy Base Classes, Items, Spells, and more! PEAC

Hm, so I am working on the last incantation school (Terror, which is fear based) and I think I am running into some problems of not making every single incantation just, apply shaken, apply frighten, apply frighten to multiple targets.

Does anyone have any good ideas for unusual fear based effects?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

mmh, let see, what about something that oblige you to change your pants if you fail a Will save?

Now, seriously, you could port some spells into incantation like, just an example, Phantasmal Strangler

Or maybe an incantation that change the surrounding in some sort of hellish place that scare creatures..maybe these illusion, or phisical transformation [your choice], could make them shaken and force them to take only partial actions
    Last edited by CinuzIta; 2013-05-02 at 08:08 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CinuzIta View Post
    mmh, let see, what about something that oblige you to change your pants if you fail a Will save?

Now, seriously, you could port some spells into incantation like, just an example, Phantasmal Strangler

Or maybe an incantation that change the surrounding in some sort of hellish place that scare creatures..maybe these illusion, or phisical transformation [your choice], could make them shaken and force them to take only partial actions
    Hm that might be a good idea. I don't really have any other "Illusion" type incantations at the moment so Terror would be a good place for them.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You may also consider porting two spells from the Book of Vile Darkness to invocations.

I'm talking about Heartache and Stop Heart.

You may reword them so that in the invocation fluff is stated that the subject of the spell receive a visage of pure horror that cause him an infarct!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

New Monster!

Spectral Swindler
    Spoiler
    Show

Source:http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images...y_by_Wen_M.jpg

Spectral Swindlers are assassins and rogues animated by necromancers to serve as their eyes and ears. Swiftly moving around incorporeally passing through doors and unlocking chests and disarming traps they are fierce opponents. Spectral Swindler don't have much will power of their own and often rely on their masters for orders. Spectral Swindlers don't particularly look incorporeal and it requires a dc 20 spot check to notice that they are. Often times when their commanding necromancer dies Spectral Swindlers go through towns and attempt to steal items from the town folk to try to fulfill their life purpose. Others go into dungeons trying to disarm all traps located inside the dungeon. Spectral Swindlers are created by a 14th level caster animating a body that in life could sneak attack for 2d6 damage.

Medium Undead (Incorporeal)
    HD 9d12+36 (94)
    Speed Fly 60ft (Perfect Maneuverability)
    Init: +14
    AC 24(+ 10 Dexterity, +1 Deflection, +3 Dodge); touch 24; flat-footed 14
    BAB +4; Grp +12
    Attack Incorporeal Touch (1d6)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks Agile Telekinesis, Sneak Attack (5d6), Spectral Theft, Invisibility, Spell Like Abilities
    Special QualitiesSpell Resistance 20, Spectral Presence, Expert Thief
    Saves Fort +3 Ref +13 Will +6
    Abilities Str -, Dex 30, Con -, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 4
    Skills Sleight of Hand +25, Hide + 25, Move Silently +25, Open Lock + 25, Disable Device +25, Tumble +25, Use Rope + 25, Search +20
    Feats Weapon Finesse, Improved Initiative, Ghostly Grasp(B), Improved Toughness * 2
    Environment Any
    Organization Solitary
    Challenge Rating 10
    Treasure Double Standard
    Alignment Any
    Advancement by HD;
    Level Adjustment -

Agile Telekinesis: (Su) The Spectral Swindler can use telekinesis as the spell at will as a standard action at caster level 12 using dexterity as the casting ability score. However, maintaining concentration only takes a move action for the Spectral Swindler and also the Spectral Swindler can use the following skills at range with his telekinesis: Sleight of Hand, Disable Device, Open Lock, Use Rope.

Spectral Theft: (Su) The Spectral Swindler has an extra dimensional storage space where it can store items it steals. The Spectral Swindler can hold any number of items as long as the total weight of all items is less than 50 pounds. It can store any item it is holding with its telekinesis as a free action (Including items it snatches while using sleight of hand with its Agile Telekinesis). It can then produce an item from its storage as a move action, which then usually falls to the ground until the Spectral Swindler picks it up or the Spectral Swindler can summon it into the willing hands of a creature within 20ft.

Sneak Attack: As a 9th level rogue.

Expert Thief: (Ex) The Spectral Swindler is quite adept at what it does and gains a +3 insight bonus to all of the following skills: Sleight of Hand, Hide, Move Silently, Tumble, Use Rope, Open Lock, Disable Device, Search.

In addition the Spectral Swindler is quite enduring especially for incorporeal undead and has an addition 2 hit points per hd as well as a +3 dodge bonus to ac.

Invisibility: (Su) As a swift action the Spectral Swindler can turn itself invisible as the spell invisibility. Using it's agile telekinesis ability does not end this invisibility however. The Spectral Swindler can stay invisible for one minute per intelligence modifier per day (normally 5 minutes). The Spectral Swindler can end the invisibility as a swift action.

Spectral Presence: (Su) The Spectral Swindler has an unnatural aura that many experts of undead don't quite understand. Any time the Spectral Swindler moves through a locked door or a locked chest it can as a free action attempt to unlock it as if using the open lock skill (It can not take 20 on this check). This ability can actually unlock doors locked by arcane lock or improved arcane lock.

In addition, all creatures that die within 100ft of the Spectral Swindler get marked (As arcane mark) and float upwards 10ft off the ground for ten minutes. The Spectral Swindler can change the mark with as a full round action. Often times Spectral Swindler's and their masters use this ability to disturb enemies and to mark kills.

Spell Like Abilities: At Will: Ebon Eyes, Combat Readiness, Snuff the Light, Iron Silence 3/Day: Instant Search, Silence, Darkness, 1/Day Assassin's Darkness. Caster Level 9th.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I like them, I like them a lot! I'd personally love to play one as a race, and I think that the sorcerer that my player will fight soon will make a good use of them!

I got one question tough: why you went with plain invisibility rather than greater invisibility?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Main reason was because I felt that the ability was more meant for stealing things and being sneaky rather than being for combat purposes. The monster is more of meant for control and manipulation rather than offensive power. The reason its dangerous offensively is because it can grapple fairly well, its hard to find with its darkness abilities and can shut down casters with silence as well.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I see your point even tough I don't quite agree with you: my players (when they were at low levels and unprepared) had some terrible moments fighting off permainvisible monsters. Three of them died in a single fight. They couldn't find the monster since the sorcerer had finished some levels of his spells per day and wasn't able to cast see invisibility. They were continuosly subject of repeated Sneak Attacks. For this reason I believe that Greater Invisibility is fully able to be a pain in the % in a fight.

But if you don't want to include it, you could consider Hide in Plain Sight in shadowy illumination or some sort of occultation..much like the Shadow Hound has! Obviously is a choice of yours anyway:)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd just like to point out that by a technical reading the rod of undead mastery already does what your rod of greater rebuking does, while being half the price. Also, you forgot to edit all of it's description.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    I'd just like to point out that by a technical reading the rod of undead mastery already does what your rod of greater rebuking does, while being half the price. Also, you forgot to edit all of it's description.
    Eh its debatable wether it does, in my opinion it only doubles animate dead control limits. If your DM wants to rule otherwise then the rod of greater rebuking is useless yes.

Also in other news I finally have finished the terror incantation school! All incantations are done and the plague witch is finally fully playable!

Terror
    Spoiler
    Show

1st
    Spoiler
    Show

Shaken
    Terror [Fear] [Mind Affecting]
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 1, Plague Witch 1
    Prerequisites: None
    Incanting Time: Standard Action
    Range: Close (25ft + 5ft/2 Levels)
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1 Minute/Incanter Level
    Saving Throw: Will Partial

The incanter unnerves a nearby opponent causing him to become shaken for the duration of the spell if he fails the will save. If he succeeds he is shaken for one round. This incantation does not stack with any other fear effects.

Augmentation: By spending 30 soul power if the subject fails the will save he is frightened for one round and shaken for the remaining rounds.

Terrifying Posture
    Range: Personal
    Duration: 1 Minute or Until Expended
    Saving Throw: None

The incanter gains an almost unnatural aura of shadows and power around him which allows him to bully and intimidate those into giving in. The next intimidate check the incanter makes gains a +10 profane bonus.

Bolster
    Terror
    Duration: 1 Minute/Incanter Level
    Saving Throw: Will Negates (Harmless)

The incanter uses his knowledge of fear to protect others against it granting the subject +4 bonus on saving throws against fear effects for the duration of this incantation.

Augmentation: By spending 25 soul power if this incantation removes all fear effects affecting the subject when the incantation is initially activated.

2nd
    Spoiler
    Show

Cause Fear
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 2, Plague Witch 2
    Duration: 1d4 Rounds

The incanter duplicates the spell cause fear except as noted here. In addition, the HD cap of the spell is 10 instead of six.

Unnatural Aura
    Area: 30ft radius emanation centered on you
    Duration: 1 Minute/Level

The incanter gains an supernatural aura that frightens animals and other natural creatures. The aura is noticeable to creatures with int scores of higher than 3 but are not affected by it except maybe feeling a bit creeped out. Animals will not willingly approach the incanter and if forced they remain frightened while in the area.

Focus Fears
    Duration: 1 Round per Incanter Level
    Saving Throw: Will Negates

The incanter readjusts the targets fears and causes him to become terrified of one other creature within line of sight of the target. The target then focuses all of his efforts on killing or immobilizing that creature to the best of his abilities. If the creature is an ally of the target the target gains a +4 bonus on the saving throw. If it is an enemy then the subject gains a -4 penalty to the saving throw. If the creature is the incanter then the subject suffers an additional -2 penalty to the saving throw.

Augmentation: By spending 30 soul power the dc of this ability increases by 4.

3rd
    Spoiler
    Show

Alone in the World
    Terror [Compulsion] [Fear] [Mind Affecting] [
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 3, Plague Witch 3
    Prerequisites: 1 Terror Incantation
    Duration: 1 Round and then 1 Minute (See Text)

The incanter shatters an opponent's senses and replaces them with a dreadful image. The subject sees an apocalyptic world of ruins and can't see or feel anything else for one round. He can still effect the world normally but he can not sense any creatures even using supernatural senses such as touch sight or mind sight. After the illusion fades the subject is shaken for a minute.

Augmentation: By spending 20 soul power the duration of the illusion increases by 2 rounds.

Scare
    Terror [Fear] [Mind Affecting] [
    Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/Level)
    Target: One Creature Per Three levels
    Duration: 1 round/level or 1 round (See Text)

This incantation functions as the spell scare except as noted here. In addition the maximum HD of those who can be affected increases to 12 HD.

Augmentation: By spending 40 soul power this incantation can target twice as many creatures.

Stammer
    Duration: 1 Hour

The incanter curses a subject with an incomprehensible fear that causes the subject to form a temporary stutter. Whenever the subject attempts to cast a spell with a verbal component he has a 10% chance of failing.

Augmentation: By spending 30 soul power the chance of failing is increased to 20%.

Terrible Specter
    Terror [Fear] [Mind Affecting] [Phantasm]
    Target: One creature per two levels
    Duration: 1 round/level

This incantation causes all subjects of the incantation to witness a terrifying specter looming around the battle field. The specter can not be targeted or affected by any ability. Each subject sees a different specter and the specter takes the form of something the subject truly fears. While this incantation is active all subjects that can see the specter are shaken. The incanter can see how the specter appears for each subject.

4th
    Spoiler
    Show

Mass Shaken
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 4, Plague Witch 4
    Target: One Creature Per Three levels
    Duration: 1 round/level or 1 round (See Text)

This incantation functions as the Shaken incantation except it targets multiple creatures.

Augmentation: By spending 30 soul power if any subject fails the will save he is frightened for one round and shaken for the remaining rounds.

Leech Fear
    Incanting Time: Swift Action
    Duration: 10 minutes/level

The incanter siphons the fear from a subject granting himself temporary hit points depending on how frightened the subject is. If the subject is shaken then the incanter gains a number of temporary hit points equal to the subjects HD + the incanter's incanting ability modifier. If the subject is frightened the incanter gains twice as many temporary hit points and if the subject is panicked then the incanter gains three times as many temporary hit points. As this incantation steals the fear from the subject after this incantation is used all ongoing fear effects affecting the subject end immediately.

Truly Terrifying Posture
    Duration: 1 minute/level

The incanter gains an almost unnatural aura of shadows and power around him which allows him to bully and intimidate those into giving in. All intimidate checks the incanter makes gains a +10 profane bonus for the duration of this incantation.

5th
    Spoiler
    Show

Alone in the World, Greater
    Terror [Compulsion] [Fear] [Mind Affecting] [
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 5, Plague Witch 5
    Prerequisites: 2 Terror Incantations
    Duration: 1 Round and then 1 Minute (See Text)
    Saving Throw: Will Partial (See Text)

This incantation functions like Alone in the World except the duration of the image is 3 rounds. In addition if the subject fails the first will save he must make another will save once the image ends. If he fails then the subject is frightened for 2 rounds and then shaken for a minute.

Augmentation: By spending 30 soul power the duration of the illusion increases by 2 rounds.

Fear
    Range: 30ft
    Area: Cone Shaped Burst
    Duration: 1 round/level or 1 round (see text)

This incantation functions like the spell fear except as noted here.

Frightful Image
    Terror [Phantasm] [Fear] [Mind Affecting]
    Duration: 1 Round/Level

This incantation causes a terrible image to form in front of the subject. The image usually varies between subjects but regardless of its appearance the subject must make a will save at the beginning of each of his turns or spend his entire turn stammering and cowering. If the subject succeeds on 2 consecutive saving throws the incantation ends.

Augmentation: By spending 15 soul power the duration of the number of successful saves required increases to 3.

Unnatural Aura, Greater
    Area: 40ft radius emanation centered on you
    Duration: 1 Minute/Level

This incantation functions like unnatural aura except all creatures must make a will save or be frightened when they enter the area. If an individual succeeds on this save he is immune to this activation of this incantation.

6th
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrifying Glare
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 6, Plague Witch 6
    Range: 30ft
    Target: Living creatures

At the beginning of each of his turns the incanter can target a single living creature within 30ft and cause the subject to cower for one round if the target fails a will save.

Augmentation: By spending 25 soul power the incanter can cause subjects who fail their saving throw to cower for two rounds.

Wall of Trepidation
    Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
    Area: 1 inch wide 5ft/level wide and 5ft/5 levels tall

The incanter conjures a wall that produces terrible moans and horrible screams which terrify creatures on one side of the wall decided when it is activated. Creatures within 30ft of the wall on that side of the wall must make a will save each round or become frightened of the wall for 1d4 rounds.

Terrifying Glare
    Range: Touch
    Duration: 5 rounds
    Saving Throw: Will Negates (Harmless)

The incanter bolsters a subject with the essence of fear. Whenever the subject hits a creature with a melee attack the subject must make a will save (Same dc as this incantation) or be frightened for 1d4 rounds. A particular creature only needs to make one save per round regardless of how many attacks it is hit with.

Greater Focus Fears
    Duration: 1 Round per Incanter Level
    Saving Throw: None and Will Negates (See text)

As Focus Fears except that the target is automatically effected with this ability with no saving throw for the first two rounds. After the second round the subject gets a will save to immediately end the effect

Augmentation: By spending 50 soul power this ability can target 3 different creatures all within range.

7th
    Spoiler
    Show

Heart Attack
    Terror [Fear]
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 7, Plague Witch 7
    Prerequisites: 3 Terror Incantations
    Duration: Instantaneous

A fairly straight forward incantation, the subject becomes increasingly panicked and suffers a heart attack due to the stress. If the subject fails a will saving throw he dies from this attack. The subject takes a penalty on the saving throw based on how frightened he already is, he takes a -2 if he is shaken (in addition to the standard -2 from being shaken) -3 if he is frightened and -5 if he is panicked. If the subject passes the saving throw he takes 10d6 points of damage.

Remove Defenses
    Terror
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 7, Plague Witch 7
    Duration: 1d4 Rounds

The incanter shatters any ongoing protection the subject has against mind affecting effects of fear effects instantly ending the effect. If the ability is a racial or class feature or from a magical item the feature or item is suppressed for 1d4 rounds.

8th
    Spoiler
    Show

Panic
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 8, Plague Witch 8
    Duration: 1d4+1 Rounds

The incanter causes a subject to panic, instantly making a single creature within range panicked for the duration of this incantation.

Augmentation: By spending 30 soul power this incantation can target two creatures instead of one. Both creatures must be within 30ft of each other.

Frightful Image, Mass
    Terror [Phantasm] [Fear] [Mind Affecting]
    Target: One creature/level
    Duration: 1 Round/Level

This incantation functions as Frightful image except it targets multiple creatures.

Augmentation: By spending 15 soul power the duration of the number of successful saves required increases to 3.

Stammer, Greater
    Duration: 1 Day

The incanter curses a subject with an incomprehensible fear that causes the subject to form a temporary stutter. Whenever the subject attempts to cast a spell with a verbal component he has a 30% chance of failing.

Augmentation: By spending 30 soul power this incantation increases the chance of failing verbal spells to 40%

9th
    Spoiler
    Show

Utter Nightmare
    Terror [Fear]
    Level: Black Blood Vanguard 9, Plague Witch 9
    Prerequisites: 4 Terror Incantations
    Incanting Time: Full Round Action
    Range: Medium (25ft + 5ft/2 Levels)
    Area: 30ft Radius Spread
    Duration: Permanent (See Text)
    Saving Throw: None and Will Partial (See Text)

The ultimate attack of fear, the incanter mentally assaults all enemies within the area of this incantation and plagues their mind with mental nightmares and feelings of dread. This dazes the enemies automatically with no saving throw to resist. Each round at the beginning of the incanter's turn the targets must make a will save. If they fail they are still dazed and they take 1d4 wisdom drain that bypasses immunity to ability drain. If they succeed on a number of saving throws equal to one half of the number of rounds the ability has been active (Round up) (Thus 1 saving throw on the first round, 2 saving throws on the third round, etc) the incantation ends for the subject. If the subject takes more than 10 wisdom drain from this ability they are rendered helpless until they can succeed on enough saving throws to remove this incantation. A target can not be restored of the ability drain caused by this ability until the effect is ended on that target. A wish or miracle can end this incantation without the subject needing to make any additional saving throws.

Pointing out any typo's or confusing abilities would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2013-08-11 at 08:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Two new monsters the serath lich and the sakel revenant

Serath Lich:
    Spoiler
    Show

Image from: http://media.wizards.com/images/magi...ab179_lich.jpg
    "I am magic and magic is me. My power is unrivaled!" - Sandro Curan a Serath Lich

Serath Liches

Normal liches are powerful animate wizards of great power. Serath Liches are the same except slightly weaker, some wizards noticed upon transforming into a lich their growth is stunted and they find it more difficult to progress in power after the initial power boost granted by lichdom. Several powerful unnamed human necromancers then developed a new type of lich which would allow a smooth progression from lichdom into further arcane power. Thus Serath Liches were born.

Serath Liches become skeletal figures, some have remnants of flesh clinging to them but most are almost entirely skeletal. Serath Liche's eye sockets gleam with an unholy purple fire which differentiates them from the common skeleton.

Serath Liches speak any languages they knew in life.

Creating a Serath Lich

“Serath Lich” is an acquired template that can be added to any living creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature). A Serath Lich uses all of the base creature’s statistics and special abilities, except as noted here.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to undead. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.

Hit Dice: Increase all current and future Hit Dice to d12s.

Speed: Same as the base creature. If the serath lich had a flight speed that depended on wings he retains the flight speed and that flight speed is now supernatural.

Armor Class: The base creature’s natural armor bonus improves by +2.

Attack: A serath lich has a touch attack that it can use once per round. If the base creature can use weapons, the serath lich retains this ability. A creature with natural weapons retains those natural weapons. A serath lich fighting without weapons uses either its touch attack or its primary natural weapon (if it has any). A serath lich armed with a weapon uses its touch or a weapon, as it desires.

Full Attack: A serath lich fighting without weapons uses either its touch attack (see above) or its natural weapons (if it has any). If armed with a weapon, it usually uses the weapon as its primary attack along with a touch as a natural secondary attack, provided it has a way to make that attack (either a free hand or a natural weapon that it can use as a secondary attack).

Damage: A serath lich without natural weapons has a touch attack that uses negative energy to deal 1d8+5 points of damage to creatures; a Will save (DC 10 + ½ lich’s HD + lich’s primary casting modifier) halves the damage. A lich with natural weapons can use its touch attack or its natural weaponry, as it prefers. If it chooses the latter, it deals 1d8+5 points of extra damage on one natural weapon attack

Special Attacks: A serath lich retains all the special attacks of the base creature and gains those described below. Saves have a DC of 10 + ½ the lich's HD + the lich's primary casting modifier, unless noted otherwise.

Bolstered Spells (Ex): A serath lich's spells and spell like abilities gain a +1 to their saving throw dc's. This bonus increases to +2 if the lich has 20 HD.

Special Qualities: A serath lich retains all of the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.

Damage Reduction (Su): A serath lich has damage reduction 5/bludgeoning and magic. A serath lich's natural weapons are treated as magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Mental Fortitude (Ex): A serath lich has the ability to use his own mental strength to bolster his endurance instead of relying on his bodies strength. The serath lich can use a quarter of his primary casting modifier (Round up) for hit points instead of his constitution modifier.

Turn Resistance (Ex): A serath lich has +4 turn resistance.

Immunities (Ex): Serath Liches gain immunity to cold.

Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Int +2, Wis+2 Cha +2. Being undead a serath lich has no constitution score.

Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +2

CR Adjustment: Same as the base creature +2

The Lich’s Phylactery
    Spoiler
    Show
    An integral part of becoming a serath lich is creating a magic phylactery in which the character stores its life force. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a serath lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery. Unless its phylactery is located and destroyed, a serath lich can begin to regenerate after its apparent death. A serath lich has two ways it can regenerate, it can possess and rebuild its own body using a corpse within 100ft of the phylactery or it can create a new body from scratch. Possessing a corpse requires that there be a preserved corpse of the same race of the lich before he became a lich (So a human lich must have a human corpse, a wood elven lich a wood elven corpse and a fire giant lich must have a fire giant corpse, etc) and it takes 1d8+7 days to regenerate fully. Regenerating without a corpse nearby takes much longer and takes 1d20+30 days to regenerate.

Either way the lich regenerates is the same mechanically, both just have different speeds. The phylactery oozes out black liquid shadows which crawl over the corpse or the ground if there is no corpse. This liquid slowly forms into a humanoid shape over the duration and hardens into a solid black substance (Same statistics as adamantine) over the course of the regeneration. At the end of the regeneration process this material breaks away revealing the lich in his new body. If the phylactery is moved away from the corpse or the shadow liquid before the regeneration is complete the lich must start regenerating over again.

Each lich must make its own phylactery, though he may have help, which requires the Craft Wondrous Item feat. The character must be able to cast spells and have a caster level of 11th or higher. The phylactery costs 120,000 gp and 4,800 XP to create and has a caster level equal to that of its creator at the time of creation.

A phylactery must be at least diminutive size and have magical runes surrounding it. All phylacteries have the same statistics regardless of what they are made out of, they have 80 hit points, hardness 30, and a break DC of 40.
    All phylacteries have the following magical effects: All corpses within 100ft of them are preserved as the gentle repose spell, when the serath lich casts a spell within 100ft of his phylactery he gains +1 caster level, a serath lich can repair his own phylactery with his negative energy touch restoring one hit point with each attack, and the phylactery radiates strong necromantic magic.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakel Revenants feel like they should be a template.

If you want to add things, good fear effects are the phantasmal X spells (though there might only be 2), wisdom damage, mini-sanctuary effects (scaring creatures into not attacking a target), and seed effects.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    Sakel Revenants feel like they should be a template.

If you want to add things, good fear effects are the phantasmal X spells (though there might only be 2), wisdom damage, mini-sanctuary effects (scaring creatures into not attacking a target), and seed effects.
    Why do you think the Sakel Revenant should be a template out of curiosity? Really what I did was just a slightly tweaked Lillitu (Fiendish Codex I) and a ghost template. The fluff shouldn't imply it that much.

Good ideas for the terror incantation ideas though, I probably won't use phantasmal killer type spells as I don't like at will save or dies that much (I do have a couple but they are all high level), and the scaring creatures into not attacking is a great idea, I have the reverse already so it makes sense.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

New Spells:

Spoiler
    Show

True Revive Undead
    (Necromancy)
    Level: Dread Necromancer 9, Wizard/Sorcerer 9, Cleric 9
    Components: V,S,M
    Casting Time: 10 Minutes
    Target: Destroyed undead creature touched
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Spell Resistance: No

This spell functions as Revive Undead except as noted here. This spell can resurrect any undead that was destroyed by any means within 1 year per caster level, assuming it wishes to return and is able to (Mindless undead automatically are revived). In addition, the undead does not lose HD or character levels when revived with this spell. Finally, you do not need the remains of the undead but need to be able to unambiguously define the creature you wish to revive.

Material Component: A Black Peral worth 25,000 gp

Necromantic Callback
    (Necromancy)
    Level: Dread Necromancer 5, Wizard/Sorcerer 5, Cleric 5
    Components: V,S
    Casting Time: Standard
    Target: One destroyed undead creature touched
    Duration: 1 Minute and instantaneous (See Text)

This spell must be cast on an undead creature who was destroyed within the last three rounds and must still have a mostly intact corpse. This spell calls back the recently slain undead spirit into the body. However, it takes the spirit a full minute to completely revive during which the corpse is covered in a cloak of black liquid that oozes around the corpse. Damage during this time to the corpse is pointless, after a full minute has passed the undead creature is revived with no loss of HD or character levels and is at one hit point. Destruction of the body during this one minute restoration process causes this spell to fail and the undead creature is not revived.

Material Component: 500gp worth of onyx gems.

Accelerate Necromancy
    (Necromancy)
    Level: Dread Necromancer 6, Wizard/Sorcerer 6, Cleric 6
    Components: V,S, M
    Casting Time: Swift
    Range: Touch or Personal (See Text)
    Target: See Text
    Duration: See Text

This spell has a variety of purposes and they are as follows. Only one of the following effects can be chosen for each casting of the spell

Accelerate Reanimation: The caster hurries the reanimation of an undead creature. For a creature such as a vampire or a wight that needs a certain amount of time to pass before animating if the caster touches the corpse that is animating the undead creature instantly forms and no longer needs to normal wait time to animate. If cast on a creature that is rejuvenating but takes time to rejuvenate fully (Such as a lich, or a vampire resting in its coffin) the spell reduces the number of days needed to recuperate by 1 day per two caster levels to a minimum of one hour.

Accelerate Animation: The caster infuses the next animation spell such as create undead or create greater undead to have a much quicker cast time. Any animation spell the caster begins to cast within the next round that has a cast time of longer than a standard action is instead reduced to a standard action cast time.

Accelerate Spell: The caster causes his own necromancy to be much easier and quicker to cast. The next necromancy spell that the caster casts before the end of this turn that has a standard action cast time or less can be cast as a free action.

Material Component: If the spell is used for its Accelerate Reanimation or Accelerate Animation 1000gp worth of onyx gems must be spent as material components.

Tell me if they make sense, most of them are pretty situational and I don't think balance is really an issue for them.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2019-09-24 at 03:21 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Accelerate Necromancy
    (Necromancy)
    Level: Dread Necromancer 6, Wizard/Sorcerer 6, Cleric 6
    Components: V,S, M
    Casting Time: Swift
    Range: Touch or Personal (See Text)
    Target: See Text
    Duration: See Text

This spell has a variety of purposes and they are as follows. Only one of the following effects can be chosen for each casting of the spell

Accelerate Reanimation: The caster hurries the reanimation of an undead creature. For a creature such as a vampire or a wight that needs a certain amount of time to pass before animating if the caster touches the corpse that is animating the undead creature instantly forms and no longer needs to normal wait time to animate. If cast on a creature that is rejuvenating but takes time to rejuvenate fully (Such as a lich, or a vampire resting in its coffin) the spell reduces the number of days needed to recuperate by 1 day per caster level. If this reduces the time needed below 0 days then the creature is automatically rejuvenated or revived depending on the undead.

Accelerate Animation: The caster infuses the next animation spell such as create undead or create greater undead to have a much quicker cast time. Any animation spell the caster begins to cast within the next round that has a cast time of longer than a standard action is instead reduced to a standard action cast time.

Accelerate Spell: The caster causes his own necromancy to be much easier and quicker to cast. The next necromancy spell that the caster casts within one minute that has a standard action cast time or less can be cast as a free action.

Material Component: If the spell is used for its Accelerate Reanimation or Accelerate Animation 1000gp worth of onyx gems must be spent as material components.
    I see an issue with the Accelerate Spell version of Accelerate Necromancy. Casting spells as a free action is quite problematic ; a quickened spell or a spell cast under the effect of Arcane Spellsurge still require a swift action, and Accelerate Necromancy is actually less restrictive than them (the necromancy school is a large one. You can find spells that emulate the effects of any other school. By comparison, quicken spell can only be used on spells of a far lower spell level than the highest level of spells you can cast, and Arcane Spellsurge cannot be turned off).

The other two spells are good.
    Last edited by Network; 2013-08-18 at 06:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So the real question is, what is a Ling?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    I see an issue with the Accelerate Spell version of Accelerate Necromancy. Casting spells as a free action is quite problematic ; a quickened spell or a spell cast under the effect of Arcane Spellsurge still require a swift action, and Accelerate Necromancy is actually less restrictive than them (the necromancy school is a large one. You can find spells that emulate the effects of any other school. By comparison, quicken spell can only be used on spells of a far lower spell level than the highest level of spells you can cast, and Arcane Spellsurge cannot be turned off).

The other two spells are good.
    The original plan was just to have the spell cast with the same swift action but I found that the wording is a bit clunky. I think I will just make it have to be cast within 1 round instead of 1 minute as I just realized that you could cast this spell 4-5 times and then nova 5-6 spells in one round against an opponent.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

So I have a question on the pure pain link incantation. The 2 descriptions it has seems to contradict each other and I just want some clarification. So under the 5th level spots it says that deals double the crit damage back to the person/thing that applied the crit but the actual spell description doesn't address this and state that they only take the original amount. Which one of these is correct? I would love to know.

Also does the spell work on things immune to crits (I.e. Golems, Warforged with the improved fortification feat, etc.)

Thanks if you read this!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordGorgutz View Post
    So I have a question on the pure pain link incantation. The 2 descriptions it has seems to contradict each other and I just want some clarification. So under the 5th level spots it says that deals double the crit damage back to the person/thing that applied the crit but the actual spell description doesn't address this and state that they only take the original amount. Which one of these is correct? I would love to know.

Also does the spell work on things immune to crits (I.e. Golems, Warforged with the improved fortification feat, etc.)

Thanks if you read this!
    Ah thank you for pointing that out. I ended up reducing the damage the ability dealt as I felt it was too powerful. It should only deal the same damage as the critical hit. And yes the ability works if the subject is immune to critical hits. As long as the incanter is subject to critical hits the ability deals damage (And even if the incanter is immune to critical hits the damage will still be shared it just will be normal damage though). Though it won't work on undead or many constructs due to their immunity to things that require fort saves that don't effect objects.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I've been working on a new necromancer class recently, (Though losing 2 nights work to a comp crash hasn't done much for my enthusiasm atm :(), and i could do with some new flavourful spells. Would you have any issue with me stealing away with some of yours from here?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I've been working on a new necromancer class recently, (Though losing 2 nights work to a comp crash hasn't done much for my enthusiasm atm :(), and i could do with some new flavourful spells. Would you have any issue with me stealing away with some of yours from here?
    I don't mind at all feel free to use anything you want to inspire you or to make your own homebrew.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thanks much appreciated :).

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Finally working on this again.

Tundra Revenant:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Death reigns supreme!" - Thane Delvin

Tundra Revenant

Ancient Warriors imbued with cold and undeath that wander ancient tundras in search of battles and strongholds. Ferocious Warriors who are often accompanied by hordes of undead. Not all Tundra Revenants are evil but a decent number are. Most of them are eager to fight against strong opponents or to gather more forces to their ever-growing armies. Many Tundra Revenants are lord of the uttercolds who become undead to strengthen their forces and their control over their fortifications.

Tundra Revenants appear similarly to how they looked in life and it requires a dc 20 spot check to identify that they are undead, +5 to the dc if the Tundra Revenant is wearing obscuring heavy clothing or armor. Otherwise they simply appear as a pale version of their original race. Sometimes bits of frost and ice can appear to cling to their armor even in warmer climates.

Tundra Revenant Template
    Creating a Tundra Revenant

“Tundra Revenant” is an acquired template that can be added to any living creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature) who has at least 10 HD and +10 BAB. A Tundra Revenant uses all of the base creature’s statistics and special abilities, except as noted here.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to undead. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged. The base creature also gains the Cold Subtype.

Hit Dice: Increase all current and future Hit Dice to d12s.

Speed: Same as the base creature.

Armor Class: The base creature’s natural armor bonus improves by +4

Special Attacks: A Tundra Revenant retains all the special attacks of the base creature and gains those described below. Saves have a DC of 10 + ½ the Tundra Revenant HD + the Tundra Revenant's Charisma modifier, unless noted otherwise.

Frozen Strikes: (Su) The Tundra Revenant's weapons are enchanted with the very essence of the tundra. On a critical hit the Tundra Revenant's weapons deal an additional 4d6 points of cold damage to the enemy.

Bolstering Aura: (Su) The Tundra Revenant is a bastion of strength for undead allies, all allied undead within 30ft of the Tundra Revenant gain a bonus to their maximum number of hit points equal to 3 times his charisma modifier. After leaving the aura these hit points last for 1 minute per HD of the Tundra Revenant before they fade away, multiple bolstering auras from multiple Tundra Revenants do not stack.

Boreal Pulse (Su): Three times per day the Tundra Revenant can issue a burst of cold emmenating from him in a 20ft radius as a standard action. All creatures within the area other than the Tundra Revenant must make a fort save or be entangled and rooted in place as ice appears over their body and hampers their movement. They remain entangled until someone breaks the ice (HP 30 Hardness 5) or they make a strength or escape artist check as a standard action DC 20.

Control Undead (Su): A Tundra Revenant can rebuke undead as a cleric of his HD. If the Tundra Revenant could already rebuke undead then his level for rebuking is either his previous level +4 or his HD, whatever is higher.

Special Qualities: A Tundra Revenant retains all of the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.

Damage Reduction (Su): A Tundra Revenant has damage reduction 10/Adamantine and magic. A Tundra Revenant's flesh is tough and durable.

Protective Gale (Su): A whirlwind of cold winds surrounds the Tundra Revenant protecting him from harm. This wind gives all ranged weapons that could be deflected by wind wall a 25% miss chance against the Tundra Revenant and granting the Tundra Revenant a +3 deflection bonus to ac.

Turn Resistance (Ex): A Tundra Revenant has +4 turn resistance.

Abilities: A Tundra Revenant gains the following adjustments to his ability scores, Str +4, Dex +2, Cha +2, as an undead creature the Tundra Revenant has no con score.

Feats: Tundra Revenants gain Improved Toughness, Necrotic Reserve, Daunting Presence and Death Master as bonus feats.

Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2013-12-14 at 06:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't really see reasons for them to control hordes of undead. Not that there's any problem with that archetype, but isn't the wandering undead warlord type filled appropriately by the Lord of the Uttercold? What if you instead were to give it the abilities more to control souls and convert them into power for its weapon? Or give the weapon the ability to manipulate the souls? That seems to be appropriate for the image.

Not saying that it needs to be changed, but just a thought, seeing as you already have several of this type, it could be nice.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    I don't really see reasons for them to control hordes of undead. Not that there's any problem with that archetype, but isn't the wandering undead warlord type filled appropriately by the Lord of the Uttercold? What if you instead were to give it the abilities more to control souls and convert them into power for its weapon? Or give the weapon the ability to manipulate the souls? That seems to be appropriate for the image.

Not saying that it needs to be changed, but just a thought, seeing as you already have several of this type, it could be nice.
    I could but I recently changed the Lord of the Uttercold, instead of becoming Grave Knights they become Tundra Revenants. Thus while not all Tundra Revenants will be Lord of the Uttercolds a vast majority will be.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

As I haven't done any work on this in a while. Here is a template I needed to finish up from a while ago. Paragon of Positive Energy,

Radiant Conduit:

"Energy surges through me" - Seras Relin

Radiant Conduit

Living Creatures are naturally infused with positive energy. Their souls are nourished by the warm and energetic energy of the positive energy plane. Undead on the other hand flood their souls with enough negative energy to switch their souls alignment to the positive energy plane to that of the negative energy plane. But what would happen if you flooded a positive energy soul with positive energy? Infused with the very essence of the positive energy plane Radiant Conduits are enormous beacons of energy, but too much energy in one place is disruptive and though their souls burn brighter than any others, it also means that their souls burn out faster than any others.

Radiant Conduit Template
    Spoiler
    Show

Creating a Radiant Conduit

“Radiant Conduit” is an acquired template that can be added to any living creature that doesn't have the tomb tainted soul feat. A Radiant Conduit uses all of the base creature’s statistics and special abilities, except as noted here.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to outsider (native). Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.

Speed: Base land speed as the base creature. The Radiant Conduit gains wings of energy that allow her to fly. See the Wings of Light (Su) ability below)

Special Attacks: A Radiant Conduit retains all the special attacks of the base creature and gains those described below. Saves have a DC of 10 + ½ the Radiant Conduit’s HD + the Radiant Conduit’s Constitution modifier, unless noted otherwise.

Holy Nova (Su): A Radiant Conduit can use their own energy to burn through enemies with a wave of holy light. This positive energy based flames explodes from the Conduit in a 30ft burst centered on the Conduit. It deals 1d4/HD points of damage to all enemies in that area and heals allies the same amount. Half of the damage is divine and the other half is fire. This ability can only heal living creatures that are healed by positive energy and can only damage living creatures and undead. A will save halves the damage but undead enemies do not get a saving throw to halve the damage. This ability is normally usable once per day. Each additional time per day the Conduit wishes to use this ability he takes 1d4 points of damage multiplied by the number of times he has used this ability since he has rest squared. So second time using the ability deals 4d4 damage (1d6* 2^2 ) the third time deals 9d4 (1d4*3^2), etc etc. The conduit takes this damage after the healing from this ability has finished.

Surge of Energy (Su): With a touch the Conduit grants an ally a surge of energy granting them +2 on attack rolls, skill checks and saving throws as well as removing the fatigue condition from the target and waking them up if they were asleep. This bonus lasts for 5 rounds and this surge can only be granted to one creature at a time. This ability is usable at will.

Special Qualities: A Radiant Conduit retains all of the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.

Fast Healing (Ex): A Radiant Conduit's body is constantly heals a number of hit points each round as her body is infused with so much positive energy. Each round she heals 5 points of damage. At ECL 15 this amount increases by 10 to 15 and at ECL 20 it doubles to 30.

Wings of Light (Su): A Radiant Conduit gains spectral wings of light that grow out from her back like normal wings. Unlike normal wings they are not physical objects but manifestation of positive energy which allows flight. These wings grant the Conduit a flight speed with perfect maneuverability at 60ft speed.

Positive Soul (Ex): A Radiant Conduit has a soul infused with more positive energy than is good for her. This energy grants the conduit much energy in her daily life and grants her the following abilities. She only needs one hour of rest to restore enough energy to prepare spells and similar abilities and in order to get a good night sleep. She is immune to fatigue and exhaustion has its penalties reduced to that of fatigues. She heals a point of ability damage from each of her ability scores and a single point of ability drain from a single ability score every hour. Due to her connection with the positive energy plane and effect that heals via positive energy heals 50% more when used on her. And finally her natural lifespan triples compared to regular versions of her species.

However these benefits come at a cost. The Conduit's soul can't hold the positive energy that is fused with her soul and it will eventually burn out her soul. Once she reaches the end of her natural life span she dies as her soul is burned out by the energy. This happens regardless if she has become unable to age from some other method such as undeath or another form of immortality. Even if she switches bodies with someone else her soul dies once she has lived for her allotted time.

In addition, the positive energy of resurrection furthers this process. Every time she is resurrected or brought back form the dead her natural life span decreases by 15 years. If this reduces her lifespan to such a point where she would immediately die the spell simply fails and she passes on to her afterlife.

Abilities: Radiant Conduits gains +4 constitution, +2 int, +2 wis and +2 charisma.

Feats: Radiant Conduits gain Endurance, Enduring Life and Lasting Life as bonus feats

Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2019-02-03 at 11:46 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I recommend making the ability healing equal to 1 OR Charisma Bonus (not modifier) whichever is greater. Would hate for it to be a detriment to an NPC that dumpstats charisma.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I recommend making the ability healing equal to 1 OR Charisma Bonus (not modifier) whichever is greater. Would hate for it to be a detriment to an NPC that dumpstats charisma.
    Good catch, fixed. Any other comments? Do you think its fluff makes sense and could anyone actually take this without either tanking their potential or becoming too strong?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromantic Codex: Necromancy Base Classes, Items, Spells, and more! PEACH

Until the party gets access to Raise Dead there are no drawbacks... which is fine, a lot of templates don't have drawbacks. I will note that 15 years is a very different thing for a Half-Orc PC than it is for an Elf PC. Consider making it a percentage of the average max. age, or alternatively, percentage of the middle-age. Of course, warforged have no maximum age, but at least there hitting middle age is a set of bonuses and penalities that don't synergize well with the typical warforged classes... unless artificer is a good warforged choice.

I'd consider saying that becoming undead or taking the Tomb-Tainted Soul feat negates the template for as long as the condition persists... or maybe flat-out say that they CAN'T be turned into an undead (but maybe can still go deathless), and can't take that feat.

Speaking of which:
    “Radiant Conduit” is an acquired template that can be added to any living creature that doesn't have the tomb tainted soul feat.
    Could maybe be simplified to "“Radiant Conduit” is an acquired template that can be added to any creature healed by positive energy."

The fast healing and flight are very nice, and 2d4/(ECL-2) damage to undead within 30' and half that amount as healing to living allies is nothing to sneeze at, especially since the damage doesn't allow a save. If you can end a fight with it then your fast healing can eat the damage very nicely.

Tha ability adjustments mean taking this on a paladin doesn't actually nets a profit on saves, and not much of a loss on hitpoints at low levels. At higher levels you actually gain hitpoints, but I don't feel like doing the math (especially since it depends on what the constitution score is at various levels.

Basically solve for
    level = 2*(5.5+2*(Con. Mod -1))
    remembering that F(level) = Con. Mod.

Of course, a paladin would be taking a -2 to hit (net -1 when using Smite), and losing spell and special mount progression.

Overall, I'm really not the guy to ask, but I think that it might be overpowered in the 5-10 level range due to fast healing and flight, and underpowered starting around level 15... but then again they probably can buy at least part of it off before then.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Necromantic Codex: Necromancy Base Classes, Items, Spells, and more! PEACH

Made a new template to go with the collection of vampire templates.

Sanguine Wraith:

"Pain and suffering is all that awaits you in this dark pit!." - Kyngos a Sanguine Wraith upon meeting a sworn enemy

Sanguine Wraith

Sanguine Wraith are vampires whose bodies either gave way or who underwent a ritual to sacrifice their bodies. They are incorporeal specters who retain almost all of their vampire powers but also gain several more based on their now spectral bodies. Sanguine Wraiths who lose their body due to their body giving way often spend months in isolated areas starving for blood, eventually their spirit gives way and tries to break free from their body and thus their hunger. They still have a craving for blood but it no longer is crippling if they are denied it. Those who undergo the ritual to become Sanguine Wraiths do so out of a desire for more power and are often Vampire Lords bored of conquest or who need more strength to overpower newfound rivals or heroes opposing them.

Sanguine Wraiths look simply like spectral versions of how they looked as vampires. They often have a blood soaked aura surrounding them, a fine red mist that hovers near their skin. A Vampire Lord Sanguine Wraith is referred to as an Emperor Sanguine Wraith and they are distinguished by a swirling ring of spectral blood circling their head like a morbid halo.

Sanguine Wraith Template
    Spoiler
    Show

Creating a Sanguine Wraith

“Sanguine Wraith” is an acquired template that can be added to any Vampire or Vampire lord hereafter referred to as the base vampire.

Size and Type: The creature’s type is unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. However, the base vampire now becomes incorporeal.

Speed: The base vampire now gains a fly speed equal to double his previous fastest move speed with a perfect maneuverability

Armor Class: The base creature loses any natural armor bonus and now gains a deflection bonus equal to his charisma modifier due to his incorporeal nature. However whenever he uses his shadow form ability (See below) he regains his previous natural armor.

Attack: A Sanguine Wraith retains all the previous natural weapons he had. However, they now deal profane damage, only require an incorporeal melee touch attack to hit. However, they no longer gain strength to damage as the Sanguine Wraith loses his strength score. They now use the Sanguine Wraith's dexterity modifier as a bonus to hit.

Special Attacks: A Sanguine Wraith retains all the special attacks of the base vampire and gains those described below. Saves have a DC of 10 + ½ the Sanguine Wraith HD + the Sanguine Wraith Charisma modifier, unless noted otherwise.

Blood Drain (Ex): This replaces the vampire ability of the same name. A Sanguine Wraith obviously would no longer restrict itself to physical contact to drain its desired substance. For every round a target is spent being grappled by the Sanguine Wraith's telekinesis ability (See below) they are have their blood drained exactly as if they had been pinned one round in their previous form. (Thus a normal vampire would drain 1d4 con damage every round a subject is grappled, if it had the Improved Blood Drain trait it would drain 1d4+1 con drain, etc).

Create Spawn (Su): As the base Vampire except occasionally (On the DM's whim) a creature with 5 or more HD may spawn as a vampire and then within an hour of existing immediately gain the Sanguine Wraith template. Those that gain the Sanguine Wraith template immediately have their attitude towards the spawning Sanguine Wraith decrease by one step as a surge or jealousy and pride seeps into them by the transformation.

Telekinesis (Su): A Sanguine Wraith gains a similar ability to a ghost and gains telekinesis as a supernatural ability usable at will once every 1d4 rounds. The caster level is equal to his HD. If the Sanguine Wraith was previously a vampire lord this ability no longer has any cool down.

Aura of Hunger (Su): A Sanguine Wraith's desire for sustenance is overwhelming and manifests as an aura of growing hunger. A Sanguine Wraith no longer needs blood to sustain its form despite its hunger for it. Truly a Sanguine Wraith needs magic to survive and it survives by ripping off magic from its surroundings and creatures near it. A Sanguine Wraith gains a 40ft radius of hunger which drains opponents in the area. Each round in the aura the subject has one random ongoing spell effect affecting the creature dispelled. The Sanguine Wraith may specify a particular effect if he is aware of it but if the Sanguine Wraith is mislead than the aura attempts to dispel the effect but fails to dispel anything on that particular creature for that round. If the subject has no ongoing spell effects than the subject must make a fort save or take 1 point of con damage and become fatigued.

Special Qualities: A vampire retains all of the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.

Shadow Form (Su): A Sanguine Wraith can corporeal versions of any creature it could transform into with its alternate form granted by the vampire or vampire lord template. In addition, the Sanguine Wraith can turn himself into a living version of his base race (Thus a human Sanguine Wraith could turn into a living human etc). While in the human version he looks alive and has a working metabolism and is vulnerable to disease and poison and the like. The one exception is that he is still healed by negative energy and harmed by positive energy. While in any corporeal form his strength score is now equal to his charisma score.

Gaseous Form (Su): As a standard vampire. However, due to familiarity with movement while in a state similar to gaseous form the vampire's normal flight speed is retained.

Unholy Endurance (Ex): The Sanguine Wraith gains one third of his charisma modifier (Rounded up) to his saving throws as a profane bonus. As well as gaining one third of his charisma modifier added to his maximum HP for each HD he possesses.

Vulnerability: A Sanguine Wraith is vulnerable to turning and has a -2 on his turn resistance as a result. In addition he has vulnerability to force damage.

Spectral Trait: Sanguine Wraith vary from each other. When the Sanguine Wraith is first created he may chose one of the following abilities. This decision can not be changed by any means.

Mass Telekinesis: While using the grapple version of his telekinesis supernatural ability a Sanguine Wraith can target up to 5 different creatures with it. If they are grappled they can all be subject to the Sanguine Wraith's blood drain ability
    Regenerating Wraith: The Sanguine Wraith's fast healing doubles.
    Overcome Weakness: The Sanguine Wraith can remove a single weakness that normally affects Sanguine Wraith's or Vampires (Such as their inability to enter private houses, their weakness to sunlight, or their vulnerability to fire)
    Greater Hunger Aura: Regardless if a creature in the aura has an ongoing spell effect or not it must make a fort save or take con damage and become fatigued.
    Controlled Hunger: The Sanguine Wraith no longer has any inescapable cravings and is no longer diet dependent on anything. The Sanguine Wraith has controlled its hunger and has mastered it.
    Greater Endurance: The Sanguine Wraith's Unholy Endurance ability now uses one half of the Sanguine Wraith's charisma modifier to determine its bonuses.

Diet Dependent: A Sanguine Wraith no longer is diet dependent on blood and no longer has an inescapable craving for negative levels. It does however, now gain an inescapable craving for blood and is now diet dependent on magical energy (Which it satisfies using its Blood Aura. It must drain at least 5 levels in spells each day)

Abilities: Increase from the base vampire as follows: Dex +4, Int +4, Cha +4. As an undead creature, a Sanguine Wraith has no Constitution score and as an incorporeal creature it has no Strength Score.