New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

"Oh." Destruction of realms is the kind of thing where Harley finds it hard to say anything about. Should she say 'I'm sorry'? But that's not the sort of thing you apologize for, for various reasons. Joking to lighten the mood? Probably not appropriate either. 'Oh yeah, well one time I...' no, one-upping someone about destroying personal things isn't a very nice thing to say.

She sets down her fork, so she can talk without accidentally chewing at the same time.

She finds a way to tie in talking about herself: "I've been kind-of lost for a while, spinning my wheels without going anywhere. Not really fun, because I've just been avoiding most everything. Just seeing what happens and rolling with it sounds like a much better plan."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-11-14 at 07:33 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Barbarian in the Playground

“A very relatable feeling.”

Mike nods, turning to face Harley. He hasn’t been facing her because he’s being rude, he’s just not always the brightest when it comes to manners.

“Prior to wheel spinning, what drove you. If I might inquire.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

3. - Top - End - #1083

Harley shrugs.

"I just was in charge of things, always had things to worry about, and things to do." Tends to happen, when you're in charge of a group like AMEN. Now, however, that she isn't, there isn't really as much pressing things going on. "Now, though...not really in the action anymore, y'know? Things don't really just happen anymore, I have to go out looking for them."

Saying it out loud, she realizes it's a really dumb and selfish problem to have.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #1084

Mike casts a quick glance around, nodding.

"Time has changed the place, that's for sure. Used to be one...maybe three apocalyptic events going at a time back in the day."

He gives a brief sigh, recalling past events. But then with a small smile he looks back to Harley,

"So what particular things do you look for?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

5. - Top - End - #1085

"There's still a couple things going on at a time," Harley adds, "but they're, like, city-wide at most now. Like, there's a plague of rats going on over in the other city and demons showing up in random places and a weird mental disease going around some places but that's about it."

Now it's Harley's time to be rude and not look at her conversation partner. With her fork, she plays around with the food on her plate.

"Mostly just been doing small-time investigations and following up on big events that happen. Usually leads to dead-ends, so there's that." She grabs her notebook from a pocket and tosses it on the bar. "My whole quest-log is full of dead-ends." That's what she calls the notebook.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Mike closes his eyes with a smirk, memories playing back in his head.

"Demons never really do learn."

He opens his eyes again, and glances to the notebook, "Anything you might want a second pair of eyes on?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

7. - Top - End - #1087

"Hmm..." Harley thinks through the things she has written in it. In fact, she grabs the notebook and starts flipping through it, trying to be careful to not let Mike actually read it because there's some pretty personal things written in places.

"Let's see...where I've gotten stuck on. The rats seem like it'll be resolved soon," she says to herself, referring to the rat-plot that that's going on in Riverside. "Skinwalkers resolved themselves, no idea how that happened...there's a bunch of mimics? But it's pretty minor." They're in HALO. "Robots? No...cultists?"

"Oh! Here." Harley flips open to a particular page and sets the notebook down on the table, pointing at it. It's written in some Romance language, probably Portuguese. "So, some time ago, there were a bunch of fairies and...angels? Not really sure what exactly they are, but I have written down...'empower' or 'on fire' or something like that here. They were messing up reality and having some sort of gang warfare or something like that," she says, poorly summarizing what was going on. "I didn't make much progress interviewing people or finding out what exactly was going on because everything else seemed more important at the time, but I suspect they might be building up to something." Rebonack was running those plots but put them on pause because there were a lot of other plots going on at the time. "It'd be helpful if you could look into that."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Cosmo scowls at the insinuation leveled his way and 'humph's his way to the background.
    If Zee insists on being the bartender in charge around here, she can do the socializing with the guy.

He's such a personable fellow, Cosmo.

"Sure! Baubles sounds right."
    And Karaglen definitely doesn't give Navvy a look when he mentions that broken one.

The reprimanding tone of it is a little muted by her glitter scarf and oh-so-sparkly appearance. She thinks she looks pretty awesome, but it is certainly possible that she is also more than a bit silly looking.

"But the important part is the little hooks and things that should be in there. Gonna use them to help hang up some other things!"
    Which then brings them back towards the Trog's main level, where Karaglen will quickly skitter towards a table away from Zee's Spooktober decoration boxes. It wouldn't do to mingle the two holiday decorations, after all. That would undoubtedly cause all sorts of confusing celebratory problems later.

Her box will be deposited up on the table and (after helping Navvy get his up there, if he needs the assistance) will probably snap back to her more natural draconic form.
    "Okay! So! I'm going to go get my Top Secret Special Box while you go find that bauble box. Then we can start putting some of this stuff up. I have a pretty idea that I think Mom will enjoy and maybe we can do it in other places too."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #1089

Navvy is telling the truth!

He TOTALLY didn't break it!

They're so delicate and made of glass they just get broken sometimes, you know?

Completely normal.

Unlike wearing a garland and getting glitter all over yourself. That's less normal.

Regardless, Navvy follows his sis and hefts the box of string-lights off his back and onto a table. He looks a little puzzled, though. "Shouldn't we put this stuff up first before we get anything else down, though?"

Hmm.

That would be a very orderly way to do things.

After all, they grabbed two boxes of long, drape-y things. It's important to first drape things everywhere, then you hang the hangy things off them! That's just decorating basics, is what that is.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to take the hooks out of the baubles? Can't we just get extra ones from somewhere else?" Navvy inquires. Surely there must be a Thanksmas store that sells bauble hooks, right? "I got tipped a whole gold piece by a guy for bringing him a plate of brownies yesterday. We could spend that on new hooks instead of taking the extra ones out of the baubles."

And while this conversation is going on?

The tavern is treated to the sight of a pair of metallic wyrmlings discussing proper Thanksmas decorating etiquette. It's dinner and a show!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Navvy stop using logic. Thanksmas isn't about logic.

"But if I get everything now, then I can just do it all at once. Doesn't that make more sense? It's all part of the set."
    Thanksmas is about making things fun and shiny and awesome precisely the way she plans on making it look fun and shiny and awesome.
    "And I just want the extra hooks, there should be some of those in the box, not stuck in any of the decorations. Probably? There's probably some of those. I believe in you, Navvy, you'll find them.

Besides, Navvy took a nap in the middle of the decorations. His idea of priorities is obviously super skewed.
    But Karaglen isn't going to hold that against him.

Because:
    "I have a plaaaaaan!"
    And she's already running back to the stairs towards her room.
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

A group of six women enter the bar together. They're a somewhat mixed group. There's a catgirl, an elf, and four humans, dressed in a variety of clothes, from lab coats to furs. Four of them have pink hair, either naturally so (in the catgirl's and one of the humans' case) or dyed. The other two, the elf and a human wearing clothing made from skin and leaves, with tattoos on her face, have brown hair. Most of them have their hair cut short, about chin length, although the elf and a muscular woman wearing midieval cloth armor and a chain hauberk and carrying a two-handed sword across her back have longer, shoulder length hair. More unusual would be how similar they are beyond that. All six of them are almost the same height and build, and their faces are so alike that one could easily believe they are identical sextuplets, other than their varied races and apparent origins. They seat themselves at a round table, talking animatedly amongst themselves.

Spoiler: Brief descriptions
    Show

A catgirl in a short black dress. Pink hair/fur.
    A human in a lab coat. Mid length pink hair tied in a bun.
    An elf in elegant robes. Long brown hair.
    A human clad in furs and skins, with a tattooed face. Short brown hair.
    A human in padded and chain armor. Long pink hair.
    A human in a long white dress, trimmed with gold. Short pink hair.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by MossyMeow View Post
    Mosswillow smiles. "Thanks for the tip. What's a halo, anyway?" She briefly lifts her head as she catches a whiff of a...mouse...rat? She's unsure, and swivels her head to see Fendrick. "And is everywhere in this dimension infested with rodents? Not that I'm complaining. Just curious."
    Fendrick looks over as Mosswillow mentions smelling a rat...

He doesn't seem too offended at the suggestion that he might infest anything. He doesn't look particularly scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Adventuring huh?" Eon replies. "I am in that business, too. Thought I have just arrived in this area so I got no idea what's up here. I will just wait for the next shidy looking old man to offer a quest."

'I guess I just like taking in the atmosphere, the noise, the conversations, seeing what adventures might start as the result of friendships started up over a drink'

'I actually got this on my last adventure.' Fendrick's eyes are bright, as he shows off his jasper ring. It is on the middle 'finger' of his left paw. If questioned, he will explain that rats have poor eyesight, so the ring enables him to see in the dark (and see a bit better in the light).

Fendrick absentmindedly grooms his tail, which is pink with a light fuzz of hair. In general, he looks to be a very well-kempt human-sized rat, and he looks quite dapper in his tweed and green silk waistcoat.

Fendrick also seems very approachable - and rather easy-going and pleasant to talk to. It shouldn't feel like an effort to hold a conversation with this man-rat.

13. - Top - End - #1093

Thanksmas is about cheer and gifts and kindness and generosity and thankfulness and food and glitter.

Also evergreen trees that smell really nice.

Navvy didn't get to smell many evergreen trees when he was hanging out in and around the ocean all the time. So this is a nice new(ish) experience! Navvy is convinced that all the wonderful smells are one of the best parts about Thanksmas.

The little bronze wyrmling opens his mouth to reply, but then Kara goes dashing off to her room. He heaves a little sigh.

And then?

Hangs up ONE of the strings of lights.

They're those nice little soft white ones. Those are probably his favorite. The colorful ones are fun, too. But the white ones just give everything a very clean feel. Like stars shining in the sky.

Then he heads back up the stairs to grab the box of baubles. He hefts it into his back with his wings spread and begins climbing back down the stairs veeeeeery carefully. The baubles are all packed in Styrofoam, but they look SUPER fragile and he doesn't want to drop them.

Meanwhile!

Zee approaches the table full of suspiciously similar looking pink-haired people!

Though, granted, a few of them don't have pink hair.

"Howdy! Welcome to Trog's Tavern," the totally normal human barmaid says with a smile. "Is there anything I can get you gals today?"

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

Three of the ladies, the catgirl, the tattooed woman, and the scientist, turn to reply to Zee in unison. "I'd like a... No, you first... Ahh!" They all have the same voice as well, adding to the confusion. The one in the white dress speaks over her befuddled compatriots. "Let's just go clockwise. I'd like a mocha please."
    "Cappuccino!"
    "Espresso."
    "Another espresso."
    "Cappuccino for me too."
    "Do you have tea?"

After the last one, the elf, has spoken, the armored woman responds to her, "You don't want coffee? I'll kill you now!" to which the entire group bursts out laughing.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #1095

Back in the Saddle

The catgirl blinks, realizing the perhaps somewhat poor choice of phrasing. "E-er, no it certainly isn't! I don't think theres any bad blood or anything, I just meant that I'm not gonna judge you or spill information to Magtok or anything," She tries to clarify, moving to wrap a comforting arm around the angel.

Which is hard, since those wings are big and difficult to maneuver around.

"If - if you want, we can find a room, or go back to my clinic, or... well, anywhere else that would be better for you."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

At some point, some minutes later (after quite a bit of scrambling around and rearranging things in a closet) Karaglen returns downstairs. Probably after her sibling.
    Elven once more, because hands make carrying boxes and other heavy loads quite a bit easier than her draconic posture would allow.

Trailing out of the box and awkwardly half over her head, across her shoulder, and along the floor behind her is a large quantity of deep black cloth.

This is taken over towards the other boxes she and Navvy brought down, placed neatly, and then she begins the process of extracting the rest of the cloth from the box.
    "Okay! So, we just need to get this draped up there across two of the rafters. I have some little nails to get it stuck. Then we can start putting up the actual decorations!"
    But this isn't really a one-wyrmling job.

Gameplan:
    1) Get black cloth draped up in rafters
    2) Poke tiny holes in random spots of cloth, to then lower the string lights through
    3) Liberate/acquire bauble-hooks to hang from cloth where the lights' holes
    4) The Good Part

Here is where Karaglen reveals one of her (admittedly many) experiments with her shaping abilities. Carefully removed the box are several long tubes, wholly unremarkable save that they are covered in many small holes along the sides. Tiny strings are attached the holes near the top, which are then going to be attached to the hooks in the cloth.
    Suspended in the air, the tubes are fairly difficult to see in the tavern's lighting, which is an important part of the design. The string lights are then to be slotted through the tubes and her magnificent, childish vision realized:

While the tubes conceal the lights, the holes in them do not. The holes are angled such, that as the tubes idly rotate on their suspending strings, the lights wink in and out of visibility in such a way as to appear they are "falling" towards the ground. Like colorful snow!
    Or at least, that's what Karaglen was envisioning.

The illusion isn't perfect, obviously, but she spent quite a bit of time fiddling with the tubes' material and holes to make it a halfway decent trick.
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Firbolg in the Playground

A group of
    No wait, it's just a guy, who is only one person and not many.
    Anyway, this guy, he enters the tavern. He looks basically human, except that his skin has a sort of silvery-metal glint to it. And the antlers. Most humans don't have those. He's scrawny, standing short and weighing less than seven stone. He's wearing leather boots, cargo pants, and an oversized red jacket with a zillion buttons. He's got at least three guns on him, probably more.
    Mostly, he looks tired.

He glances around the room, double-takes, and stares for a few seconds in mute, uncomprehending horror.
    Okay, Tao, get it together. This world you've ended up in is strange and awful, you already knew that. Just walk to the bar and order a drink. It's not that hard. You can do it.
    He does, eventually, asking for a red wine.
    He looks troubled immediately after. Was that what he meant to order?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1098

The group of remarkably similar people gets an eyebrow raise. Inside joke, maybe? Probably.

Zee's pretty sure she knows what's going on here. All of these folks look like they're echoes of each other.

That is, after all, how the Multiverse Do. It's the same! But different.

"Several varieties of coffee and yes we have tea," Zee replies once the laughing calms down. "Do you have any particular preference?"

The Nexus used to have a teahouse, years ago. Probably still does. The great era of thread merging certainly changed things.

And then someone else! Zee hums to herself, checks her watch, and then-

Yep. He totally came in later, she can make this fly. A whole day later from her perspective! That's still cutting it pretty tight by modern Nexus standards, though. Things get more tenuous the less they're displaced in time and space.

Zee approaches Tao with a kind smile and slightly diminished spunk due to the fellow's somewhat spooked demeanor. Pay no attention to the fact that she's also over there. Just some temporal shenanigans going on. "Some wine, sure. Just a glass today? Or do you want me to leave the bottle?"

Meanwhile!

Kara will return to find Navvy liberating a box of extra hanging hooks from the larger box of Thanksmas baubles. It would appear as though his mission was a success!

Navvy looks quizzically at the large sheet of black velvet as Kara begins unloading it. He does, however, get more excited as she explains her plan.

"Ooh, that sounds really keen!" he enthuses. "You were right; the box had extra hooks in it. Will this be enough?"

The backup bauble hooks are proffered for Kara's inspection.

"So how do you wanna do the draping, sis? You just grab one side and I'll get the other?" Navvy asks.

It's fortunate that wyrmlings are uniquely suited to delivering light objects to the rafters. If either of them were less scaly child varieties this might be more difficult.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

"Black tea, please." There's a pause. Then one of the others speaks up. "You wouldn't happen to have seen someone like us around here, would you? She's be about our height, human, short pink or brown hair, and I believe she likes to wear black."

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1100

"Black tea, got it," Zee replies with a nod. "Let me think about your question a bit, comb through my memories. Lots of people come in here, some with pink hair."

She takes a closer look before heading off to grab the beverages. Are they all genetically similar? Shared genetic markers would make it easier to pick them out.

Regardless!

Zee will head off for a few minutes to prepare the various coffees and tea.

Now...

Trog's really isn't a coffee place. Their selection is... limited. But Zee does the best she can with what she's got. She knows what the various coffee drinks are. She's drank them before. Which means, in turn, she knows the precise chemical composition of them. Flavor, texture, aroma, ect. So she can make a pretty great approximation. But that isn't quite the same, honestly.

Maybe she should get a fancier coffee machine for Thanksmas?

Oh!

She could ask the designated Santa for one, couldn't she? Zee makes mental note to do exactly that thing this year.

Tea is easier. They actually HAVE several types of tea.

She returns with the drinks a few minutes later. "I don't think anyone like you has been in here before. And, ah, sorry if the coffee isn't perfect. I had to improvise a bit. We don't actually have an espresso machine. It's been on the to-do list since I got back from my vacation."

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

The women are all very similar genetically, other than the fact that they're different races. It would not be hard to recognize another one. "What do you mean?" They all look reasonably concerned by the knowledge that their drinks were not made in the normal way, except the elf who ordered the tea.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #1102

"Well..." Zee hums, glancing at one of the more modern looking versions of the woman. "Have you ever seen Star Trek before? They've got this machine called a Replicator that they use to make food. Just sorta assembles the atoms. That's basically what I did, but I used actual water and ground coffee beans to make it instead of starting with a soup of quarks. The method is different, but the end result is the same."

Zee holds out the tray for them to examine.

Yep.

Looks like a cup of black tea alright! And several cups of espresso and cappuccino.

Yay coffee?

They look normal enough.

Smell normal enough, too. Zee passes each cup to each intended recipient.

Given the depth of the biological information Zee is able to discern at a glance, she generally does a pretty good job of individualizing taste and aroma toward something the given customer would find pleasing.

23. - Top - End - #1103

Tao stares at Zee for a moment, slowly gaining a nervous smile. Of course, it's a bartender.
    "How about the whole bottle?"

He looks left. Looks right. Blinks a few times to clear his vision.
    "Are...is this place using time travel to run a tavern more smoothly?. If you can even talk about things like that."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-11-21 at 02:21 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1104

"Sure thing, here you go," Zee replies gently, setting down the bottle and glass alike at the newcomer's table.

Based on the fellow's reaction to her, Zee has the sneaking suspicion that he can make out a few more details about her than just the ones she displays outwardly.

Being nervous as a result of seeing such things is pretty understandable.

"Huh... you are noticing it, then? That's kind of neat! Usually people don't," she replies cheerfully.

Probably because taking notice of the way Zee abuses the warping and buckling of time in the Nexus is more than a little incomprehensible.

"Not really, to answer your question. It isn't time travel any more than the Planet of the Apes. The old one, not that second one they made with the weird wormhole thing. I think that might have actually been time travel or parallel universes or something," she replies, perhaps unhelpfully. "Time gets bunched up in funny ways in the Nexus sometimes. I'm just good at navigating it. From my perspective that-"

She jerks her thumb at the table full of pink haired people on the other side of the tavern.

"-started several days ago. You came in a day after that. Gets dicier the less time and space in between. More likely someone might notice. Like you! But most people don't. Would you like to try some brownies on the house for the unwelcome cognitive discomfort?"

25. - Top - End - #1105

Tao takes the bottle, has a tremor run through his hand, but then manages to pour himself a glass without spilling any.

"Yeah, I've been seeing things like that ever since...since a while." He doesn't exactly remember when. Possibly time travel is to blame, he hadn't considered that.
    He sips his wine and considers the temporal implications. "So you could change your own past by having me go over and talk to them?"
    "..."
    "Yeah I'll take the brownies."
    Whoever made Zee wasn't great on the comprehensibility front, but the customer service part came out very well.

Genetically speaking, Tao is a little unusual because he is 97 relatively large organisms and not just one. There are three subspecies and three related generations and a gene distribution that suggests a sudden die-off not terribly long ago. And there's just a hint of an echo of some weird unreality.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh. Oh!" The labcoated woman exclaims. She drinks enthusiastically while the others watch, before one by one drinking as well. "It's good, thank you." The white-clad one also speaks. "If you ever see another one of us, tell us. We'll be posting a bounty on any further information soon." She's interrupted by the catgirl "Why bother? We know where she is." who is in turn interrupted by the swordswoman, "We don't want to commit suicide trying to break into that fortress. Our best hope is to catch her outside."

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #1107

At the gaggle of pink-haired gals' table, Zee beams at the complement.

They like it!

Yay!

...she's still getting an espresso machine, though. Engineering a cup of coffee is way more taxing than brewing one by normal means.

Then she frowns a bit.

"So... the other person in your group is inside some kind of fortress?" she asks. "Where?"

Hopefully not being held against her will or anything. That would be awful.

Meanwhile, over at Tao's table!

"That must be really jarring," Zee says apologetically. "For what it's worth, you don't have to worry about little old me."

'Little' probably isn't a very accurate term since Zee in her entirety is a kaiju-sized celestial monstrosity. She's just all folded in on herself like one of those weird one-way mirror sculptures. Try peering inside and it just keeps going.

"Nah, everywhere I'm at is my present. Though it might be someone else's past, I suppose?" Zee replies with a shrug. "I usually try to avoid bending causality. It makes weird stuff happen."

Then?

Off she goes to fetch those brownies.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

"She's not a member of our group. She's a murderer, and we're bringing her to justice," says the barbarian woman. "She happens to share a face with us is all." The rest nod in agreement. "She's holed up in some mountain fortress off in the wilderness, guarded by dragons and machines. It's not hers, but we don't know who her allies are."

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #1109

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    Fendrick looks over as Mosswillow mentions smelling a rat...

He doesn't seem too offended at the suggestion that he might infest anything. He doesn't look particularly scary.

'I guess I just like taking in the atmosphere, the noise, the conversations, seeing what adventures might start as the result of friendships started up over a drink'

'I actually got this on my last adventure.' Fendrick's eyes are bright, as he shows off his jasper ring. It is on the middle 'finger' of his left paw. If questioned, he will explain that rats have poor eyesight, so the ring enables him to see in the dark (and see a bit better in the light).

Fendrick absentmindedly grooms his tail, which is pink with a light fuzz of hair. In general, he looks to be a very well-kempt human-sized rat, and he looks quite dapper in his tweed and green silk waistcoat.

Fendrick also seems very approachable - and rather easy-going and pleasant to talk to. It shouldn't feel like an effort to hold a conversation with this man-rat.
    Eon will ask what it does. He is no mage to identify things on the spot. Give him a sword and he slashes against enemies independent of what the sword does.

"Sounds neat," Eons says. " but how do you got it? I see no weapons on your side. Are you some kind of wizard then like your creator?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Suddenly the door swung wide open, and what stood at the door entrance was some kind of unspeakable horror...
    Spoiler
    Show

The creature stared into the bar with the look of dea... "Okay knock it off this is getting embarrassing." The abomination told me... Oh, come on Chris I thought you were going to let me play you the straight for once. "Yeah, but it was so cringe-worthy I couldn't take it," Chris said with a smirk. For Pete's sake Chris every time I want to role-play you as a serious scary character you always ruin it with your fourth wall breaking like you're some Lovecraftian Deadpool wannabe. "Maybe next time won't make me so god damn sarcastic," Chris yelled out as everyone in the bar just stared at him, not able to hear my side of the conversation.

OCC: Okay for context, this is a character I created one day that was based on those creepypastas monsters that break the fourth wall to kill people. Chris somehow gained sentiments but instead of killing me he decides to ruin my role-playing, It is quite annoying. "Hey, I'm a free abomination I could do what I want." Chris mumbled under his breath. I'm not exactly sure if Lovecraftian abominations are allowed in this bar by the way.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-23 at 03:33 AM.