New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    Curious to see how Midrange Spell Hunter does with losing Spellstone and Deathstalker. They still keep Zul'jin, and Vargoth is a solid addition already. The new cards seem to push a spell style or at least partial spell style.
    With no more weapon or to my side I strongly doubt we'll see a pure no spell Hunter again. But a hunter with generally strong midrange stuff and high value spells with zuljin to amplify those spells I can totally see. The new 6 Mana twinspell in particular I expect to be awesome with Zul Jin. Playing them out gets you 4 5/5 rush minions, Zul Jin gets those all back and add two more to your hand. And the only thing you really have to cut to make that work is unleash.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Does ZJ add twincast copies to your hand? It's unclear to me.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

@CarpeGuitarrem:
    I believe so, and in the case you cast both the twin spell and it's twin copy, it'll cast the spell twice, and give you a new twin copy, as it's part of the twin spell effect.
    But of course, Hearthstone and consistency are usually at odds, so don't quote me on that until we're in the clear. xD
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

BTW, in preparation for the year-end rotation and Hall of Fame starting TOMORROW, here's a reminder.

1) Craft any card that's going into the Hall of Fame if you don't own it (preferably golden), it's a free card or dust.

The link below will tell you what to do if you value dust or value golden cards and have a copy of the card.

(tldr: if you value dust, craft any card you don't own in Golden and any common rarity cards in golden, otherwise stand pat)

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...aftdust_guide/

2) With the new arena rules coming (no longer standard, instead, rotating block of cards), start an arena run and play it until 2 losses. Your run will be retired for you, you'll get the rewards, and you'll get a free arena ticket too. It's free dust and gold.
    Last edited by Joran; 2019-04-08 at 03:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post
    @CarpeGuitarrem:
    I believe so, and in the case you cast both the twin spell and it's twin copy, it'll cast the spell twice, and give you a new twin copy, as it's part of the twin spell effect.
    But of course, Hearthstone and consistency are usually at odds, so don't quote me on that until we're in the clear. xD
    Exactly this. I see no reason why twinspell would not proc when using zuljin. When it uses tracking and the like you still draw, or when yogg casts a spell like cabalist tome, you get the generated card. Zuljin/twinspell should work the same way unless there's something funny going on.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Did the poll last night, but I don't remember exact numbers.

Spoiler: I stink at these and I'm tired
    Show

Keeper Stalldaris: I think I put this at 4, but should probably put it at 5. Easily a good card for a token druid with synergies with Wrath, Power of the Wild, and the new Crystal Power. Only issue is if Token Druid is good enough.

Lucentbark: If I had the guts, this should be a 1. Too vulnerable to steal, polymorph, silence effects. Druid also lost a lot of their defensive tools that let them get to Lucentbark.

Oblivitron: 2 stars, Stats suck, but Hunter has some interesting mech synergies, but Hunter has struggled historically against aggro, so probably too weak and most people will probably go the Beast synergy deck that's already pretty good.

Vereesa: Same as above. I don't think Hunter has many spell synergies either (no Shooting Star equivalent anymore) and living until 7 mana is a big ask.

Khadgar: 3 stars? Or was it 4? I think it'll be playable and interesting. Someone's going to find something broken with this. (Upon waking up this morning, I want to downgrade it to 2 but too late! It's good value but is a Control Mage good? Probably not, instead Mage archetype will probably be tempo/aggro.

Kalecgos: 2 stars? Slow, control mage is probably not going to be good.

Commander Rhyssa: 5 stars: Secret Paladin looks to be a tier 2 to tier 1 deck and she's good in it. Divine Favor rotating is a big loss for the deck though.

Nozari: My one 1 star!: I don't think Control Paladin will be a thing... although I should probably put this as a 2 star in case Holy Wrath Paladin actually is a thing.

Madame Lazul: 2 stars: Priest probably going resurrect instead of control. I think this card is only good in Control vs. Control matchups and is a mostly dead card against aggro. 3 mana 3/2, see the Leeroy in your opponent's hand does not strike me as a good card.

Catrina Muerte: 3 stars? 4 stars? Good card, obviously good in Resurrect Priest. Is Resurrect Priest good enough? Who knows.

Togwaddle: 5 stars: Seems easy to trigger, good cards. (Upon waking up, probably downgrade to a 3-4, since you'll need to put Lackey generation into your deck and I'm not sure how that's going to fit with the steal your cards Rogue)

Tak: 2 stars: Seems like a win more card and you don't want that dead card in your hand. You're already going to outvalue Control decks.

Scargill: 5 stars: Murloc Shaman looking scary.

Hagatha: 3 stars: Not sure how much exploration of Control Shaman, but she'll probably be good in it.

Rafaam: 2 stars: Fun card, probably won't see play.

Fel Lord Betrug: 2 stars: Again, fun card, probably won't see play... in Standard. Warlock looks more zooish or impish.

Boom Reaver: 2 stars: Great discover off of Boom, probably not one you want in your deck.

Blastmaster Boom: 4 stars: I think Bomb Warrior will be worse than Rush Warrior, but this seems like a good card in a tier 2-3 deck.

Going into the expansion, I'm more of a Spike than anything else, so I'm interested in seeing what the pros figure out. I remember Dog piloting Quest Rogue, back when people didn't think it'd be good, and just crushing people.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Got both Hunter Legendaries haha. I think Vereesa is fine, but def gonna dust Oblivatron.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

meh
    140 or so packs

Chef Nomi
    Boom Reaver
    Heistbaron Togwaggle
    Nozari
    Rafaam
    Keeper Stelladria
    Commander Rhyssa
    Vereesa Windrunner

meh i say

but i did get most of bomb warrior..just missing one wrench
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I have somehow managed to open 82 packs and not find a single copy of Vendetta. Given that it's probably the most vital card to the #1 deck I want to play this expansion, I have to conclude that Blizzard be trolling. I also managed to only get one of the new bomber dudes and zero Wrenchcaliburs.

In seriousness though, my pack openings were pretty good. I thought I got 4 Legendaries, but when I checked my list I had 5 (plus Vargoth to make 6). After logging back in I got the notification about the free legendary from the bundle.

Legendaries were Lazul, Oblivitron, Khadgar, Kalecgos, and Boom Reaver. Not bad all told, the only one that's an instant dust candidate being Oblivitron.

Managed to build both my new decks and I got a ton of Silence Priest stuff so I think that may be my next stop.

Oh, and Arena is insane. Built an out-and-out Jade Shaman for my first deck with 3 Jade Claws and 3 Jade Lightnings. The power level in Arena is going to be off the charts I think. Big Bad Archmage proved as unstoppable as I thought he'd be.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

I got Commander Rhyssa and Scargil.

so far, I have not won with either of the decks they're supposed to be in. might need some refining, but I doubt the murlocs are gonna get good. might use scargil and such in a killer wild deck though.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

got 47 packs (which is how muhc gold I had lying around); haven't opened em yet. It often takes me a week or two to open 'em all, slowly adding a few more each day, but I look forward to it.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Opened around 15, only legend was Vereesa Windrunner. Of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Mildly disappointed that we indeed don't get a free class legendary, just Vargoth. Was hoping the theory that he was the Marin of the set was right. Also, no free 3 login packs either, which is a first since Whispers of the Old Gods IIRC, another mildly disappointing thing.

Opening 40 packs - 30 from gold, 1 from last week's Brawl, and 9 from the cheap promotion. Decided I was willing to support that, I'd like it if they offered cheaper bundles around launch time like this. The $50-$80 pre-orders are crazy to me, but something like this is another story entirely.

Legendaries: Archivist Elysiana
    Epics: Whirlwind Tempest, Duel, Magic Carpet, Unidentified Contract, Jumbo Imp (Golden), Omega Devastator, Crystal Stag, Mana Cyclone
    Notable Rares: Hagatha's Scheme (Golden), 2x Plot Twist, Sunreaver Warmage, Forbidden Words, Sludge Slurper, Clockwork Goblin, Mysterious Blade, Underbelly Fence.

A bit disappointed to get only one legendary, and have it be a neutral... but of all the neutral legendaries, that one is perhaps the most up my alley (competing for that with Barista Lynchen I'd say), so I guess she's fine. Also a bit disappointed in my rare pulls, there were lots of duplicate Conjurer's Callings and The Forest's Aids that bogged that down. Got what I'm sure is an above-average amount of epics though, including a couple I definitely wanted (Omega Devastator and Mana Cyclone), so that's nice. Still, going to need to spend a lot of dust to put together any of my decks.

Fortunately, between rotation, saving, and newly-opened duplicates, gold cards I didn't want, and Hunter cards, I've got a lot of that to go around, a solid 9k. So, time to begin divvying that up. First up: Control Warrior.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Opened 15 packs, I got Barista Lynchen and Khadgar for legendaries. Weirdly I got no lackey cards, which are what I was more interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #75

Opened ~90 more packs after the 130 from preorder. Broke about even on legendaries again, but didn't record which ones I got this time. Never got Tak or Boom, so crafted a Golden boom and a regular Tak. (My bonus preorder legendaries were golden Lerzul and regular Bertrug).

So I got off work a few hours early today, so I've been playing since about 4pm. I've tried 6 different decks so far, here's my results thus far:

Bomb Warrior - Lives up to the hype. It's everywhere on Ladder, and is currently the deck to beat. My variant on it that is more rush/midrangey seems a bit weaker than the 'standard' list, so rush warrior may end up being better without the bomb package. It still needs some refinement, but early results are Bombs are good.

Silence Priest - Also lived up to the hype. I was sitting around mid-rank 7 at the start of the day. I tried a game or two of bomb warrior then built this deck. I proceeded to cruise into rank 5 like I was on easy mode. I really wish there was just 1 more good two drop silence target, but honestly even without it the deck is good and catches people off guard. Won one game against a tempo mage by silencing off his freeze effects and going face. Definitely met my expectations.

Pogo Rogue - Okay, I thought I could sneak this one in by running a thief rogue and subbing out a few weaker cards for a small package of 2 pogos, 2 schemes, 1 tak. It ultimately didn't work too well. But thief rogue in general doesn't seem to be working too well unless you get a megabuffed weapon and academic espionage rolling early. It is probably way better in wild where there's more burgle enablers at lower mana costs. I really just desperately want halucination and swashburgler in standard.

Summoner Mage - This one started out rough, but I did make a discovery: Khadgar will double deathrattle summons as well. So I did a bit of tweaking to put a pair of mechanical whelps in at the top end. So if you have khadgar out, run it into something, get 2 7/7s. Or use the 3 mana spell to destroy it, summon a 7/7 and 2 6-drops. Or if you hit the jackpot and do both you get 2 7/7s and 4 6 drops for an instant board. It's pretty scary. I'm looking forward to it seeing if a refined list makes it in the meta.

Control Shaman - My list for this deck is kind of a mess. I went heavy on the elemental synergies, tossed in the mega-windfury dude and the windfury spell for kicks. Works as a sort of combo deck (at high mana, if a minion sticks for a round you most likely win), it has a surprisingly strong early game, and a lot of value... but my list is definitely sub-par. The archetype as a whole should be solid though, the combination of the two hagathas and healing brew is a really strong sustain package. (side note: apparently if your hagatha creation minion uses healing brew you don't get the echo variant in your hand, lost a game finding that one out for you).

Token Druid - Left this one for last, as it's the most recent one I've been playing, but holy crap I think it may actually be my strongest deck. Against slow decks, it can ramp up quickly and win on turn 5-6. Against fast decks it can compete on the board then outvalue them in the long game. Even against heavy control decks that win the early game, a lot of times you just wear them down. I have taken down multiple control warriors and control shamans just by virtue of forcing out more boards than they can answer.

Spoiler: Token Druid deck code
    Show

### Tokens Everywhere
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (1) Acornbearer
    # 2x (1) Crystal Power
    # 2x (1) Mecharoo
    # 2x (2) Dreamway Guardians
    # 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
    # 1x (2) Keeper Stalladris
    # 2x (2) Power of the Wild
    # 2x (2) Wrath
    # 2x (3) Blessing of the Ancients
    # 2x (3) Landscaping
    # 2x (3) Savage Roar
    # 2x (4) Hench-Clan Hag
    # 2x (4) Soul of the Forest
    # 2x (6) Tending Tauren
    # 2x (8) The Forest's Aid
    # 1x (9) Cenarius
    #
    AAECAbSKAwIkyZwDDv0C9wPmBcQG3/sC4fsC9v0CuZQDw5QDzpQDv5gDypwD05wDx50DAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

So, I've been playing entirely the Control Warrior deck I posted the other day, and having a lot of success with it. Went up from low rank 7 to rank 5 with only three losses: two to Murloc Shaman, one to another Warrior. The other Warrior was more all-in on Bombs with things like Greenskin and Elekks, but what really did me in was just that he got his Mad Genius Boom early and I got mine just a turn or two before I died, and he got a full-board Blastmaster Boom while I never even drew mine. Yeah, both Booms in the last 7 cards of the deck is a good way to lose that matchup it turns out.

The Murloc Shamans seemed strong, but not overwhelmingly so. Against one of them I drew poorly, getting only one board wipe, and he was heavy on draw with two of the 4 mana Murloc that draws two when it dies, plus of course the new 2 mana Murloc generator. And against the other I made a major error by just armoring up on turn 4 instead of playing Wrenchcalibur because his board was empty - habit from Odd Warrior there to get as much hero power armor as possible, cost me too much tempo. And I also made the mistake of not considering that he'd probably run Bloodlust and calculating whether I'd die to that, so I did. So that matchup is probably not as bad as an 0-2 record so far would make it appear.

Edit: Wait, forgot, I did lose one other match, to a Resurrect Priest. Basically he had a Catrina Muerte resurrect a Witchwood Grizzly, I could only remove one and of course chose Catrina, and then I got hit with double Divine Spirit plus Topsy-Turvy from the Grizzly. And I was actually at over 40 health at the time, too. Rough luck there.

Happily, those Murloc Shamans were the only aggro I saw all day. I only saw one Hunter, and he was weird: the entire match consisted of him playing two Master's Calls, discovering only one card off them each, and then conceding. Not sure if he messed up his deck design or what. And the two Paladins I saw were shockingly not Secret Paladins, but a Dragon Paladin and an Immortal Prelate deck. The former even gave me a serious scare and nearly beat me, as he drew both Dragonspeakers very early and starting dropping ludicrous sized Dragons, and was smart enough to play around Brawls. If I hadn't gotten a 1-in-3 Brawl where my Clockwork Goblin survived and his two big Dragons didn't, I'd have lost. But anyway, if this low level of aggro turns out to be the norm, well, for one thing I'll be incredibly happy and probably play more Hearthstone than I have since year 1 (assuming that combo decks are also fringe, which seems like a safe-ish assumption given the new combo disruption cards), and for two I'll probably be able to ditch the Eternium Rovers in my deck, which would be great.

General thoughts on the deck:
    - Blastmaster Boom is nuts with 2+ bombs, and good enough even as traditional Doctor Boom with just one. Even crazier when his Boom Bots get rush from Mad Genius Boom. I wish there was an in-game way to tell how many bombs the enemy's deck has though, it's easy to lose track.
    - Wrenchcalibur and Clockwork Goblin seem fine. Wrenchcalibur can be a bit weak and sometimes up against things it can't kill when it wants to come down, but Warrior's survivability makes up for it.
    - As much as I already miss Tank Up, it's nice to no longer have to hesitate about when to play Mad Genius Boom. Now his hero power is basically a strict upgrade the vast majority of the time, so you slam him as soon as possible. And oh boy, with the Death Knights gone, he is having a field day. I knew Warrior and Shaman would have a serious advantage in the value Control game due to having Boom and Hagatha when everybody else lost their hero cards (except Zul'jin, but he's more of an immediate burst of power card, so he's not really comparable to those two), but it may not have been quite clear how big that advantage would be until I saw it in action.
    - I've had some issues with awkward hands that makes me want to put more card draw in the deck, except that if the meta winds up as control dominated as it currently looks/I hope it may be then you probably don't want too much of that, since it draws you towards fatigue (and bombs).
    - I really want to put that second Dragonmaw Scorcher back in, since I've had a lot of problems with Dragon synergy cards being useless waiting for another Dragon to get drawn for a while, but they're so dang good that I don't want to drop the package. Almost makes me want to find another Dragon to throw in too, but I'm not sure what that would be (Twilight Drake? Alexstraza?) or what I would drop for it.
    - Vargoth has been a bit iffy. He's solid with Shield Block, I've had him go off with Execute once or twice to decent effect, and the one time I played him with Omega Assembly was crazy good for reloading my hand. But with the lack of aggro I haven't had a use for him plus Weapons Project for armor gain like I thought I might, I haven't needed the emergency Brawl use, and of course he's pointless with Warpath. And he is more awkward to duplicate Omega Assembly with than I realized, since it would often result in overdrawing, which I really don't want to do unless nothing important is left in the deck (i.e. I've drawn both Booms minimum). So he often sits in my hand for a bit before he finds a use. Not totally sure whether I want to keep him or not.
    - On the subject of Omega Assembly (and Boom's discover hero power), Warrior has so many class mechs now that I'm rarely seeing neutral mechs out of those. Which is a good thing, because all of those Warrior mechs are pretty good. The worst class mechs are probably Eternium Rover and Vicious Scraphound, and even those work pretty decently as armor gain cards when they've got rush, particularly if you have something to magnetize on them, like Zilliax or a discovered Beryllium Nullifier. And now in addition to Dyn-o-Matic we've added Omega Devastator as a top-tier pull, Clockwork Goblin for extra bombs, and Boomreaver as a solid big threat. Mech discovery in Warrior is just insane right now.
    - On the subject of Boomreaver, it feels exactly like I expected: not a card I'd consider putting in the deck outright, no need to weigh it down with a 10-mana minion like that, but damn is it a sweet pull off discover effects once you're already in the late-game.
    - Omega Devastator is sick, but it is very tempting to always try to keep it for the battlecry. I practically have to force myself to play it in the mid-game sometimes, for fear of falling behind.
    - Speaking of, goddamn does this deck have a lot of "minion whose battlecry kills a minion" cards. Smolderthorn Lancer, Omega Devastator, Crowd Roaster, Dragonmaw Scorcher against small/wounded enough cards. Feels very powerful, but sometimes kind of awkward, especially if I get caught up wanting bigger targets for Crowd Roaster or Omega Devastator than, for instance, a Dyn-o-Matic that an enemy Warrior dropped.

*Realizes how much he typed and how long it just took* So, uh, yeah. To say the least, I have been enjoying this so far. Quite the breath of fresh air after... basically the entirety of last year, honestly. I think the brief period between Boomsday's launch and the Giggling Inventor nerf was about the only time last year where I was having anything approaching this much fun with the game.

I have crafted the cards I needed to try my Control Shaman, too, just haven't wanted to play anything but Control Warrior so far. And I'm still sitting on about half of that dust, so plenty left over for whatever turns out to be good and fun-sounding, or just Dragon Paladin if I feel like that.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-04-09 at 11:23 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Only just got home, so no comments on the meta just yet. Did open 53 packs of Rise of Shadows (49 from Gold, 1 from Tavern Brawl, 1 from Quest, 2 from Arena.)

Legendary!: Lucentbark, Scargil, and Jepetto Joybuzz

Epic!: Arcane Fletcher x1 GOLDEN, Lazul's Scheme x3 (2 normal +1 GOLDEN,) Shadowy Figure x2, Unidentified Contract x1, Jumbo Imp x1 GOLDEN, Wrenchcalibur x1, Portal Overfiend x2, Unseen Saboteur x1

3 Legendaries, 11 Epics, not a bad haul so far. I also got 9.6k dust from the Hall of Fame, so I'm pretty set on dust. I'm probably better off holding on to it until the fighting dust settles, but I'm already crafting some cards for Thief Rogue.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

I bought the $10 pack for $5, bought 40 packs with Gold and ended up with a solid amount of cards. Boom Reaver and commander Rhysa for Legendaries.

I then used my 20k Dust(well, some of it) to craft some decks.

I haven't had much time to test all of them. Murloc Shaman seems...strong. Secret Paladin looked boring so I tried to spice it up with the Prismatic Lens package but I can't get a good test on it; I was playing with a friend who was using nothing but Bomb Warrior.

Interesting, if frustrating, science: if you pull a Bomb with Prismatic Lens, it goes off, draws you an extra card and doesn't swap the costs of the first card, effectively hard countering the deck idea. Given Bomb Warrior's prevalence that means the idea is dead in the water.

Shuffle Rogue Mk. 3 is a WIP. Needs more testing.

Burgle Rogue seems pretty baller. It's a good tempo Rogue shell with Miracle potential. I like it, plays very smooth.

Midrange Beast hunter is Midrange Beast Hunter.

Finally, the spiciest deck I have, is called Huge Quest. I felt obligated to make it after I pulled the Boom Reaver.

I have had a surprising amount of success with this stupid deck.

Spoiler: Huge Quest
    Show

### Huge Quest
    # Class: Warrior
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (1) Eternium Rover
    # 1x (1) Shield Slam
    # 2x (2) Doomsayer
    # 2x (2) Execute
    # 2x (2) Galvanizer
    # 2x (2) Warpath
    # 2x (2) Weapons Project
    # 2x (3) Shield Block
    # 2x (5) Brawl
    # 1x (7) Dr. Boom, Mad Genius
    # 2x (8) Deranged Doctor
    # 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
    # 2x (8) Mosh'Ogg Enforcer
    # 2x (9) Bull Dozer
    # 1x (10) Big Bad Archmage
    # 1x (10) Deathwing
    # 2x (10) Dimensional Ripper
    # 1x (10) The Boom Reaver
    #
    AAECAQcG0gKiBMIGkvgC9pYDxJkDDEuKAZEG/wfA7AKb8wL09QKz/ALX/gKLgAPYiQOWlAMA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I should probably craft the Boomship so I have a plan for what happens if I draw all my big dudes. I should also cut the Galvanizers because I hit them with Dimensional Ripper once and it made me sad.

Otherwise it's fun. you basically do nothing for 10 turns but remove your opponent's minions and armor up, then play big ****. I just added more Taunts (read: some Taunts), will report results.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-04-10 at 02:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Tempo / Miracle rogue has always been one of my favorites, so I'll be happy if that turns out good.

Silence / zoo priest I always loved too, so I'm happy if that works as well.

Other than those.. I don't know.
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    After logging back in I got the notification about the free legendary from the bundle.
    huh..guess i will be seeing that when i next log in
    -------------------
    edit:
    and I got oblivatron 8(
    and Gold Swampqueen Hagatha 8)
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2019-04-10 at 07:17 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #82

Anyone found any Paladin lists they're liking yet? I'm 95 wins away from Gold Pally so I'd like to push it if I can find a fun deck but... Secret Pally seems to run out of steam just as quickly as expected, if it doesn't win by turn 6 it just doesn't win. Dragon Pally seems very awkward and I've crushed every one I ran into, even ones where I ran late game enough for them to drop multiple handbuffed dragons and a Nozari.

Edit: on my way to work decided I want to try a deck with recurring villain, immortal prelate, and da undertaka for an infinite late game value engine. Posting here to remind myself when I get home
    Last edited by Seerow; 2019-04-10 at 09:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Edit: on my way to work decided I want to try a deck with recurring villain, immortal prelate, and da undertaka for an infinite late game value engine. Posting here to remind myself when I get home
    There's no point to the Recurring Villain part. When Da Undertakah copies his deathrattle, he'll respawn without deathrattles, since his battlecry doesn't go off when spawned that way.

Immortal Prelates of course can be infinite late game value, but the one I ran into last night at least wasn't terribly impressive. Loss of Spikeridge Steed hurts them a lot.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Decks I've been trying:

Silence Priest - Really solid midrange deck. Swapping around some of the support pieces, not sure if I want Pyro/Circle/Northshire draw engine, or just more generic draw/control cards. But the core of Ancient Watcher/Arcane Watcher/Hench-Clan Shadequill/Convincing Infiltrator/etc is just so good that it wins a lot even with subpar testing tools.

Control Shaman - Super good. Trading some things here and there (not sure if I want Elysiana to just play Fatigue or not) but the board control and shut down is just so good. Beaten a lot of Bomb Warriors with it just by full healing up multiple times and having a better board.

Zoo Lock - Feels iffy. Like, same Zoo as normal, either you get board presence or you die... but the support cards just seem ok.

Midrange Mech Hunter - Doing ok, but doesn't quite have the control/sustain to make it great imo. Some games you get a great board, other games you get rushed down and run out of tools fast. Same midrange Hunter problems as always, I guess.

Aggro Druid - Same as Zoolock. Sometimes you flood the board and they run out of clears and you feel great! Sometimes they put out one giant taunt and have 4 board wipes and you just lose. At least the games are fast.

So far the best decks I've seen on ladder have been Control Shaman, Silence Priest, and Bomb Warrior. Paladin seems to be struggling. I think the Lackey/Togwaggle Rogue is a solid deck but I haven't seen or tried it yet. Tempo/Aggro Mage seems alright, it basically exists in every meta because spells are good.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Spamalot in the Playground

Opened my preorder packs last night; I cracked Rafaam, Elysiana, Hagatha, Lazul, and of course I got Vargoth for free like everyone else.

Of those I'm most excited for Rafaam and Hagatha, but I think I'm going to build a burgle rogue deck to start with.

I also have a ton of dust now thanks to them hall-of-faming the odd/even stuff; bittersweet moment there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The wild ladder is filled with big priests and handlocks.

Send help.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post

Send help.
    I always think to myself "no, I shouldn't dust Wild cards in case I ever want to play Wild"

And then I play Wild and think "hahaha no".

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post

Send help.
    There are reasons to play Wild besides the fact that you can play Handlock? That's about all I do with it. Well, that and the occasional quest where I don't have a standard deck for the class that I like.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I play wild to play stuff like deathrattle hunter and burgle rogue with older cards as well as new ones.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    There are reasons to play Wild besides the fact that you can play Handlock?
    "Fun" is always reason enough.

Anyways, the first complaints are coming in, saying Warrior is OP, mainly because it's the only class that got to keep his OP infinite value hero card.
    So yeah. your wrong.