New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Telekinesis-based Psionic Prestige Class

Hello all. I'm new here but I've been lurking around for a while.

I'd like to make a psionic character (psion or wilder) which focuses on all kinds of telekinesis. The Complete Warrior's Master of the Unseen Hand has left me wanting more.

Has anyone ever brewed a prestige class like that? I'm thinking telekinesis, plenty of force effects, fling people at walls, and the mandatory crushing with a huge boulder. Or better yet, a rain of huge boulders ^_^

Thanks for your help!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Telekinesis-based Psionic Prestige Class

DaTedinator did some really great work with ToB and some of what you're looking for, if not all of what you're looking for.

The Discipline, Mental Grip, is all about force effects and telekinesis, and he has two prestige classes that utilize it as well as one of them advancing manifester progression.

Enjoy.
    -X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Psiona View Post
    Hello all. I'm new here but I've been lurking around for a while.

I'd like to make a psionic character (psion or wilder) which focuses on all kinds of telekinesis. The Complete Warrior's Master of the Unseen Hand has left me wanting more.

Has anyone ever brewed a prestige class like that? I'm thinking telekinesis, plenty of force effects, fling people at walls, and the mandatory crushing with a huge boulder. Or better yet, a rain of huge boulders ^_^

Thanks for your help!
    I'm more of a fan of Forced Teleporting my foes 200000 feet straight up into the air then watching them fall

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian View Post
    I'm more of a fan of Forced Teleporting my foes 200000 feet straight up into the air then watching them fall
    I personally like locking them in their own minds for all eternity (Microcosm on a guy with a ring of sustenance is fun).

On a different note you're not allowed moving avatars, sorry.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

There was a PRC for doing it with arcane magic, Just switch the arcane specific stuff for it's psionic equivilent. Done.
    My homebrew
    Official spokesman of the totemist class for gestalt (and proud supporter of parenthetical asides (especially nested ones)). Author of a gestalt handbook
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Did you just put a gear shift on a lightsaber?
    Redneck laser swords only work in manual.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Annoyingly, arcane magic has more potential with regards to telekinessis. If you look over psionics, then arcane magic, you may notice that wizards/sorcerers actually have access to a single spell that replicates the 3 telekinessis powers psions get.

Not to mention more Prestige classes (of which there is one specifically for telekinessis) and non-core support. If possible, I'd talk to your DM and ask about converting the Master of the Unseen Hand to a psionic equivilent or adding homebrew telekinetic powers, they might be your best bet.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

I find it very annoying that Psionics don't have more focus on telekinesis. Mental powers = telekinesis, no?

I don't know what to think of the balance between mage and psionics. Mages get one versatile level 5 spell, whereas psionics get 2 level 3s and a level 4 power. Also, psionics get to lift more weight compared to mages.

I like the Master of the Unseen Hand, but I'd like him a whole lot more if he didn't make me skip 5 caster levels. The bonuses are great, but skipping on that many levels would hurt too much, even if I decided to play arcane instead.

ErrantX, thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure I like the feel of it though. Let's call that plan B ;-)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd recommend Wilder if you'll be using psionics. You will be able to boost your powers, and the limited power selection won't be too much of a problem because there aren't many spells outside of your theme anyways. For the Kineticist powers you won't have (control object, control body, telekinetic sphere,) you can take Expanded Knowledge.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw