New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1468
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrus View Post
    I don't think I know my psi score either, come to think of it.
    60some.

Not bad. You're still staying on Earth, though.

Need some reliable troopers to deal with Ethereal attacks.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    I vote Fri. He can't kill a medikit.
    But he'll try. And he'll thwack away for hours, then days, always hoping for some response indicating pain to soothe his growing fury, only to, finally, collapse, leaving X-Com Earth without a leader.

So I volunteer to tell him. I can use the workout, really. All the time riding the bench here can't have been good for me.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    But he'll try. And he'll thwack away for hours, then days, always hoping for some response indicating pain to soothe his growing fury, only to, finally, collapse, leaving X-Com Earth without a leader.

So I volunteer to tell him. I can use the workout, really. All the time riding the bench here can't have been good for me.
    Those who are about to die, we salute you.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Banned

Surely you're at least taking Copper into the fiery deathtrap of space with you, right?

Off topic a bit, how can you even play this game? I tried installing the windows version in order to kill some alien scum, but the screen scrolls much faster than my mere human reaction time can match, even with the speed tuned all the way down.

Is this a common problem? And if so, is there an easy fix that I'm missing?

5. - Top - End - #1265

Commander sir, I'm not being sent off to my death on Mars, am I?

*makes note to reprogram the not Lopez tank to sing Daisy instead of whatever it sang*

And hey, we're nearing the end of the thread. 7 pages left.

We rock.
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2009-07-29 at 06:00 PM.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hey Guys, Chiasaur made me make a power Armor template, so I figured I might as well use it.
    X-Comic 8
    Anonymity
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Surely you're at least taking Copper into the fiery deathtrap of space with you, right?

Off topic a bit, how can you even play this game? I tried installing the windows version in order to kill some alien scum, but the screen scrolls much faster than my mere human reaction time can match, even with the speed tuned all the way down.

Is this a common problem? And if so, is there an easy fix that I'm missing?
    No idea how to fix the Windows version. When playing the DOS version via DosBox, if it should end up being too fast (which it shouldn't), one could simply slow down the emulation.

EDIT: Brilliant, BRC.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2009-07-29 at 06:11 PM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Banned

These comics are awesome!

But something was bothering me for a while, and now I know what.
    Your mutons have green faces and purple bodysuits. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-07-29 at 06:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post

Your mutons have green faces and purple bodysuits. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    ...It should?

...Um...LOOK, OVER THERE! A THREE HEADED MONKEY!
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Banned

"A three headed what?"
    *eats laser fire*
    "But I don't want to be an autopsy!"
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-07-29 at 06:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hey look at Cubey being Crazy, saying my Mutons have Purple bodysuits and green faces. When anybody can look at the latest comic and see that it's the other way around.
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Banned

Yeah, I must be going crazy because of my Science-related Memetic Disorder.

Oh wait, they're still color-flipped in #7!
    Maybe they're Bizarro-Mutons?
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-07-29 at 06:51 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah, I must be going crazy because of my Science-related Memetic Disorder.

Oh wait, they're still color-flipped in #7!
    It's a secret Test. Anybody who see's them color-swapped is an Alien Symp! I put secret codes into the image.
    Now, do you still think they're color swapped?
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-07-29 at 06:52 PM.
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Commander sir, I'm not being sent off to my death on Mars, am I?

*makes note to reprogram the not Lopez tank to sing Daisy instead of whatever it sang*

And hey, we're nearing the end of the thread. 7 pages left.

We rock.
    Nah.

And if the Cydonia mission goes horribly wrong, you'd be the last original X-Commer left standing.

Considering you've been marked for death from day one, that's not bad.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Banned

My theory is that they were not your standard Mutons at all!
    Perhaps some offspring of the legendary Muton Commander, who appears only in the intro, along with other implausible fairytales, like the Guy Who Can Jump Really High and the Guy Who Can Mow Mutons Down With An Autocannon?

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Firbolg in the Playground

Someone should collect all the x-comic into one place
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Barbarian in the Playground

There's a reason Knight is being left on Earth for this one.
    Well yeah, there's Chrysallids t'hunt in London. Can't trust any of these morons at Fort Fri to do it.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Banned

Oh yeah, and in case somebody doesn't know what I'm talking about with the Muton commander and all, here is the intro.

A few comments:

0:16 I am Muton Commander, hear me ROAR! (no such rank/race combo in the game)
    0:21 Why are the Mutons firing laser weapons? Isn't that human technology?
    0:27 Is it just me or does this guy look like a vampire?
    0:46 Oh my God! Where did the rest of my body go?!
    0:47 Let's grab our Rifles! It's a great choice against heavily armored endgame aliens!
    0:56 X-Com is GO!
    0:59 I can jump really high which does not change the fact that my weapon is totally ineffectual!
    1:01 Three Mutons killed with a starting weapon! Bet you didn't see that coming, huh?
    1:12 Crappy earlygame guns AND Personal Armour? Does not compute!
    1:16 Let's teleport back to the Terror Ship, like we totally can not do in the actual game!

But there is one thing that's actually more realistic in the intro than in the actual game - the Mutons didn't bring their terror units along. Their comic relief antics would just ruin the race's reputation as a serious alien menace.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-07-29 at 07:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
    Ya, but Pendell, you challenged Knight. That's all that matters. And rarely does the carnage of Knight's thwacking stop at the intended target. Speaking of which, when he's in charge, will he have a key to the storeroom, or am I safe in here?
    Yes, I have a key to the storeroom, and you're more or less safe. I got told to stop using you as a thwacking stick, after all....

20. - Top - End - #1280

Nah.

And if the Cydonia mission goes horribly wrong, you'd be the last original X-Commer left standing.

Considering you've been marked for death from day one, that's not bad.
    In character, I can't help but be shaken by that comment. I don't want to be the only one left!

Out of character, I'm secretly hoping you all die and I suddenly become a Crouching Moron Coward Hidden Badass
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

0:56 X-Com is GO!
    0:59 I can jump really high which does not change the fact that my weapon is totally ineffectual!
    I always wondered why do people in this intro are able to make such huge anime-inspired leaps, even though in the actual game they can't even jump over a 3-feet tall stone wall.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

First post updated again with the endgame craft assignments.

We're nearing Cydonia and the final mission.

Any regrets, wishes, and last words better be spoken soon.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I feel like I should work on a final mission group shot or something.
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #1284

Well guys... its been... a unique experience working with all of you. When my mom told me to sign up, she planned on me just going through basic training and finding a nice girl. Of course, I received no training for this job, and I don't think there's a single female on this team, but whatever. You guys are some of the oddest people I've met, and to be honest... this has all been hell, and will take years of therapy to forget. But... do I want to forget it? I'm sure that after this is all over, I'll come out a different person... and I want to take this time to tell you all that you're the closest things I've had to friends in awhile, even between the beatings and mind rapes and accusations of being alien spies.

And I don't envy you idiots going to Mars. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I feel like I should work on a final mission group shot or something.
    Yes. Do this. This would be a great way to remember those who will undoubtedly die commemorate our many... "adventures".
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2009-07-29 at 07:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm dead. So that's that.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Troll in the Playground

My only regret is that I suck so much that I wasn't even good enough to go on one mission. Of course, my general uselessness also saved me from Mars, so it's all good.

Also, good luck.

In case you haven't finished Cydonia already.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, and in case somebody doesn't know what I'm talking about with the Muton commander and all, here is the intro.
    You know, I've always been amazed how poorly this intro fits the mood and style of the entire rest of the game.

0:21 Why are the Mutons firing laser weapons? Isn't that human technology?
    Not to mention that in the earlier shots one can clearly see them carrying plasma rifles. Only once they start shooting it gets wonky.

0:47 Let's grab our Rifles! It's a great choice against heavily armored endgame aliens!
    Not to mention, who explicitly are resistant to this type of weapon and have more health than a tank!

You know what you doing. Take off, all X-Com. Move Avenger. For great Justice.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    You know, I've always been amazed how poorly this intro fits the mood and style of the entire rest of the game.
    There is a very simple explanation.

The intro is an in-universe X-Com propaganda movie. That explains all the inconsistencies and the soldiers' apparent superhuman abilities.

29. - Top - End - #1289

WHY WAS I NOT AWARE OF THE EXISTENCE OF THIS?

Also, we don't need propaganda. Propaganda's for communists. See? I'm getting awesomer.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Can I have Trazoi's alien TV when he dies?