New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Goodbye, So Long Farewell III

TL;DR: I'm leaving for good because my life's just been massively ****ed over by an illness that put me in crushing medical debt, I need to spare my health and this community is the ****ing worst. I'll spare you the full rant.
    Last edited by Avianmosquito; 2017-11-26 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Trimmed for length and clarity.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

I haven't been an active member of the community here for a long time, but in case anyone remembers or would like to know, I'd like to announce my permanent departure from the forums. (The decision was made several months back, but I neglected to mention it until now.)

The forum just no longer holds any appeal for me going forward. I've made some good memories and great friends here, but with the state of the forum right now, chances of that continuing to happen are low, so I no longer see any purpose to being here.

So long, and good luck everyone!

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wish I wasn't posting in this thread...

Anyway life is being life, in other words really busy and annoying. I have to take a break from this and maybe D&D as a whole for a while. However I will probably be back, eventually.

At least I had fun while I was here, see ya and have a good day (or night, morning, evening, or whenever)
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Amazing avatar by Linklele

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Oh wadda you know Gary, you're just a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yes, but immunity to wizard and resistance to fighter kinda makes up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    It's all fun and games until you encounter the roc weremegalodon

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Sorry to see you go. I enjoyed the times we played together. I know when I go back and read the older threads, I will smile when I read something of yours, and remember you fondly.

Thank you for the memories, and I hope that life treats you well.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

So I don't think it really still concerns anyone here but being that I haven't typed a thing on the playground in over a year I presume it's safe to say that I will not be coming back. Things have changed a lot for me and I associate this place with some fond memories, but when I look back on it all now (and I won't lie, I may just keep the account around to read old games from time to time) I mostly get mad at myself for the person that continues to reflect in them. To those with whom I shared my time here and to all else whom it may concern, goodbye and good luck in life always.

Also, to you people from the woob hangout (You know who you are): I am sorry for what I put you through. It's been real.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2018-03-12 at 06:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I haven't been an active member of the community here for a long time, but in case anyone remembers or would like to know, I'd like to announce my permanent departure from the forums. (The decision was made several months back, but I neglected to mention it until now.)

The forum just no longer holds any appeal for me going forward. I've made some good memories and great friends here, but with the state of the forum right now, chances of that continuing to happen are low, so I no longer see any purpose to being here.

Gonna miss you, Blue.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not leaving permanently, just for a little while. I just found out my grandfather just died, and I'm taking a few weeks off from everything right now, no exceptions. Ill be back before you know it.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

It has been a long time coming, but Lexi, the loyal Henchpixie of the Playground is leaving. Maybe permanently, maybe she will return. She is not sure of the future. But for now, she just doesn't seem the have the same energy or joy she used to have for being a part of this wonderful forum.

And it is a wonderful place. She has had many fond, loving memories here. She has met great friends, has moved outside of her comfort zone, and enjoyed life more because of the Playground forums, and the people within.

But a lot of the people she knows and loves are either gone, or they don't frequent the same threads as her anymore. And this makes Lexi a sad pixie.

So goodbye, Playground. May those who come here still, find the same joy and happiness that she has had. And long live GLoG.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    It has been a long time coming, but Lexi, the loyal Henchpixie of the Playground is leaving. Maybe permanently, maybe she will return. She is not sure of the future. But for now, she just doesn't seem the have the same energy or joy she used to have for being a part of this wonderful forum.

And it is a wonderful place. She has had many fond, loving memories here. She has met great friends, has moved outside of her comfort zone, and enjoyed life more because of the Playground forums, and the people within.

But a lot of the people she knows and loves are either gone, or they don't frequent the same threads as her anymore. And this makes Lexi a sad pixie.

So goodbye, Playground. May those who come here still, find the same joy and happiness that she has had. And long live GLoG.
    You will be missed... Fare thee well. I hope you find happiness elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    English is actually a very precise language in a lot of ways, and American English in particular has a habit of following other languages down back alleys, clubbing them over the head, and rifling through their lexicons that I think is very healthy for its evolution.
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% who didn't, copy/paste this into your sig.
    Mine started in the battle arena of the capital city

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm on break for the forseeable future. Bye everybody!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Default Goodbye Playground

Hello, my friends on this site.

I have had a lot of fun with the many discussions I have had with all of you on this site, but I will no longer be using it. The discussions, rants, arguments, jokes, memes, and roleplays we're all fun. However, due to my increasingly busy life and decreasing interest in it, I will no longer be posting. If you still want to talk to me, I will be checking my PMs for one more week. I can exchange contact info for social media or other forms of communication to talk. Goodbye everyone, stay safe out there.

(Probably) Your Favorite Paladin,
    8BitNinja
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Goodbye Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post

I have had a lot of fun with the many discussions I have had with all of you on this site, but I will no longer be using it. The discussions, rants, arguments, jokes, memes, and roleplays we're all fun. However, due to my increasingly busy life and decreasing interest in it, I will no longer be posting. If you still want to talk to me, I will be checking my PMs for one more week. I can exchange contact info for social media or other forms of communication to talk. Goodbye everyone, stay safe out there.

8BitNinja
    What?! No! Don't go! We need you! I need you! You're the coolest paladin that I have fun discussing threads with (including Confession threads.)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

...8BitNinja

Best wishes 8BitNinja, I wish you a blessed, happy, and long life.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

14. - Top - End - #104

8BitNinja
    NO!

Can I contact you?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bye Lex-kat, be happy!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

16. - Top - End - #106

DrowGuy

8BitNinja
    Damn...

I'm really sorry to see you go...
    I hope one day you return, and until then be happy in everything you do!

Quote Originally Posted by smith007 View Post
    Goodbye, I must stop posting here lest papist Venetian assassins murder me and my family
    Uh...Dang, that sucks. I hope everything works out.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by The_Iron_Lord; 2018-10-06 at 03:25 PM.
    English is actually a very precise language in a lot of ways, and American English in particular has a habit of following other languages down back alleys, clubbing them over the head, and rifling through their lexicons that I think is very healthy for its evolution.
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% who didn't, copy/paste this into your sig.

17. - Top - End - #107

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by robertwadera View Post
    I enjoy the subject you are talking about. It very interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwadera View Post
    That answers my question. Thank you for the explanation.

What? I'm confused as to what exactly you're talking about...
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The_Iron_Lord View Post

What? I'm confused as to what exactly you're talking about...
    It's a spambot. It's been replying to random threads with stuff that might look legit, but is just random sentences that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
    I assume that it was to build up its post count to be able to link stuff.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2018-10-30 at 10:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    It's a spambot. It's been replying to random threads with stuff that might look legit, but is just random sentences that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
    I assume that it was to build up its post count to be able to link stuff.
    Ah, that makes sense
    Thanks!
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hello folks,

Didn't end up using the Playground as much as I thought. Saying goodbye! Please remove my profile.

Cheers,

Jason

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

We had to put our cat asleep today. She was with us for two years after we rescued her from seeking refuge in our garden in full hypothermia.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by dehro; 2019-01-27 at 12:05 PM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    We had to put our cat asleep today. She was with us for two years after we rescued her from seeking refuge in our garden in full hypothermia.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry, that sounds awful.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I'm sorry, that sounds awful.
    I may have worded that poorly... she didn't die of hypothermia..that's what we saved her from 2 years ago.. She came to us infected with FeLV, which caused her lungs to fill with fluid, last week...that's why we had to put her to sleep.. it seemed the better alternative to autogenerated waterboarding.
    Last edited by dehro; 2019-01-27 at 01:03 PM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    I may have worded that poorly... she didn't die of hypothermia..that's what we saved her from 2 years ago.. She came to us infected with FeLV, which caused her lungs to fill with fluid, last week...that's why we had to put her to sleep.. it seemed the better alternative to autogenerated waterboarding.
    To be honest the latter disease sounds worse then just hypothermia, I believe you made the right choice.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

At least you gave her two years of happiness being given love and caring. All my sympathies to you.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    At least you gave her two years of happiness being given love and caring. All my sympathies to you.
    Exactly, even a little bit of love and care goes a long way towards making someone, in this case your cat, really happy.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

I really don't want to go. This forum has been my sanctuary for many years. I love the friends I met here and the experiences I've had.

However I'm having trouble with an element of the UI triggering my mental health issues and logging into this site has been causing panic attacks. I was hoping with time I'd get used to the problem and it would cease to be a problem. However this hasn't been happening, so I think it's time to say goodbye. I'll miss the people here and the community. Thank you for all the years of fun and support.

28. - Top - End - #118

GreenSorcererElf

this is the saddest thread I've seen. When I read it I feel like I lost so many friends even though I don't know almost anyone here.
    Last edited by el minster; 2020-05-18 at 09:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

I just got a clear sign that I won't be able to keep using the forum the way I'd like, which is unfortunate, because from my standpoint, it's the only good way to be.

Farewell, folks. There are good people here. Stay strong.
    The future is bright.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I won't be around for a bit, no idea how long, but my PC needs repairs. Something is wrong with the battery or adapter, I don't know which, but something is wrong with the hardware from what I can tell since the problem persists after resetting the device. It's going to be shipped off for tech support to work on it and hopefully fix the problem. I say it might be a while because the issue seems to go off at random, and prior experiences with other technicians make it clear that they can fail like anyone else (sometimes over months, but I'm hoping that was a one-time thing and this is nothing like that).

Best case scenario, I'll be back in a few days, worst case scenario, I'll be back whenever the problem is fixed/if I get a new laptop if this problem can't be resolved.

And I'm back it seems. All it took was two weeks lol.
    Last edited by AntiAuthority; 2020-07-16 at 09:41 PM.