New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: She Blinded Me with Science! (Magitek That Doesn't Make Me Cry Myself To Sleep)

Fun challenge: What is the lowest level team of Gramarist that can make a space-worthy ship?
    Assuming access to every Principle its possible to qualify for because its a Team

What Principles would be needed
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: She Blinded Me with Science! (Magitek That Doesn't Make Me Cry Myself To Sleep)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Not cost effective. Better create a bunch of Instincted Chassi to do the labor for free.
    Now now, just tryin' to ease our friend in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

3. - Top - End - #1053

Zombie

Does anyone else find it funny that you can stockpile up to 3600 Blueprints and get them all done in 30 minutes?
    Provided they are Bac-level

Spectoconstruction specifies untrained human laborers.
    Bac-level Blueprints say that Readers are minimum untrained
    Ergo...
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2013-01-16 at 08:44 AM.

Sorry everyone

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anecronwashere View Post
    Fun challenge: What is the lowest level team of Gramarist that can make a space-worthy ship?
    Assuming access to every Principle its possible to qualify for because its a Team

What Principles would be needed
    You need Polarcane Geometry, Intro to Yggdratecture, and Intro to Kalediomantics, Unearthly Color, Intro to Heuristicism and finally Nonstatic Instruction and you need to be a Dreamason (so you need to be level 9, but there are more methods of space travel, but I'll discuss that later).

Make a Semi-Space bound to an object, tether a Gravity Flux to the same object, connect a Heuristicism circuit to the Flux while inside the Semi-Space (Rabbit Hole), Give the Circuit a Nonstatic Instruction (to be used as a control panel), then create 4 Kalediomantic doors out of all the filters you have access to. and then put them in front of the Semi-Spaces entrance.

When you want to fly, give the instruction to make gravity in any direction you wish. According to a certain Sage ruling objects fall at 500ft per round meaning that you can travel at 500ft per round.

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Now now, just tryin' to ease our friend in here.
    Meh, just saying!

Does anyone else find it funny that you can stockpile up to 3600 Blueprints and get them all done in 30 minutes?
    Provided they are Bac-level

Spectoconstruction specifies untrained human laborers.
    Bac-level Blueprints say that Readers are minimum untrained
    Ergo...
    This does give me an idea for how I want to create the Cybermen (If anyone is familiar with the Cybermen, then you understand how difficult and annoying it is to make them out of a BIOY Chassi).
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-01-16 at 01:39 PM.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

5. - Top - End - #1055

What do you use a wood transformer for?
    white text is the bestest you might want to look for it
    DeviantART

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Tortoise View Post
    What do you use a wood transformer for?
    Transferring ebbs in and out of Ins and Outs, as well as other, non-circuit things.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #1057

But you can attach a transformer directly to a heuristical circuit.
    DeviantART

8. - Top - End - #1058

But you can attach a transformer directly to a heuristical circuit.
    Not through a semi-space (unless you have Rabbit Hole). It can also be used for things that can't be attached to a circuit, such as orichalcum.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Not through a semi-space (unless you have Rabbit Hole).
    And this is why the Dreamason is one of the single best prestige classes for a Gramarist who wants to perform Ebb efficient Space Travel

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    And this is why the Dreamason is one of the single best prestige classes for a Gramarist who wants to perform Ebb efficient Space Travel
    Of course it is! It also allows space-efficient power generators.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Zombie

Rabbit Hole is broken though. Something I really like
    It doesn't specify that it stops after the first, just that if it ever enters a Semispace it will expand from the entrance the size of the original bubble.
    So whenever it hits the next Semispace it will spread through that the same size as the original bubble.
    And so on and so forth

So it will totally fill an entire Semispace network with 1 EI.
    Thus allowing SemiSpace factories and multi-Generators without making immense Demiplane SemiSpaces.
    And improves those too because you can transport the finished product out easier because 1 EI is controlling it all

Sorry everyone

12. - Top - End - #1062

Here is a race I made with Biollurgy (With some added advancement rules so that it creates the right monster), I'm not sure on what the LA should be for the Ur-Kourman or the CR of either:

Spoiler
    Show

Ur-Kourman Statistics
    Medium Aberration (Aquatic)
    HD:
    1d8 + 5 (13 HP)
    Init: +9
    Speed: 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
    AC: 19 (+9 Dex), Touch 19, Flatfooted 10
    BAB/Grapple: +0/+2
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Attack: Tentacles +4 melee (1d6+5; plus Thrall)
    Full Attack: Tentacles +4 melee (1d6+5; Thrall)
    Special Attacks: Eldritch Tendril, Thrall
    Special Qualities: Amphibious, Darkvision 60 ft., Eldritch Mind, Hardness 2, Regeneration 1, Telepathy 200 ft.
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 14 (+2), Dex 28 (+9), Con 21 (+5), Int 10 (+0), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 10 (+0)
    Skills: Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) 2 (+2), Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 2 (+2), Heal 2 (+4), Stealth 1 (+10), Survival 0 (+2), Swim 0 (+10)
    Feats: Self-Sufficient
    Environment: Any Underdark.
    Organisation: City
    Challenge Rating: ?
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Any
    Advancement: See Below

Kourman stand at a height of five and a half feet tall, with dark azure flesh. They have lithe bodies with a humanoid build. A thin regenerative liquid drips from their dark flesh, leaving them constantly slimy, though intense heat dries this chemical from their skin. From a glace most notice their faces lack mouths, but they actually have a concealed mouth. At their will, a Kourman can split the lower sections of his face vertically. This reveals their squid-like beak mouth in the centre, and a collection of tendrils on both sides which can emit electrical signals.

Kourman can breathe oxygen from the air or in water, which is converted into water within their bodies. This means they don’t need to drink water to survive. Any excess water is mixed with an enzyme to produce a regenerative slime. The Kourman diet consists of feeding on the electrical impulses in the brains of creatures.

At any stage in their life, a Kourman can decide to reproduce. The child gestates in the Kourman’s womb for nine months. While they don’t require another to reproduce, Kourman often randomise the genetic information of their spawn transmitting electrical signals through their tentacles with other Kourman.

They are masters of gramarie, which they use to produce their marvellous cities in the Underdark. Despite this power; they instinctively collect thralls and servants, though they often convert them into biostructure to fuel their research.

All Kourman follow them instruction of an intangible sentience known as the True Mind. The True Mind is older than the Kourman species, and its agenda is unknown.

Eldritch Mind (Ex): The Kourman mindset is a one of constant thought, filled with unending urges. These urges can be resisted with sufficient will power, requiring a Will Save (DC 30). The instincts of the Kourman people are the following:
    • Do as the True Mind commands
    • Produce more Kourman
    • Survive
    • Seek Evolution
    • Collect Thralls
    • Eat brains
    • Protect Knowledge
    • Learn Gramarie
    • Like Water
    • Beware Surface

In addition the eternal thought stops Kourman from ever sleeping, though they can go unconscious.

Eldritch Tendril (Sp): The electricity discharged by the tendrils of a Kourman create confusion in the minds of those nearby. This bestows a +2 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls for the Tentacle attack. These bonuses have been applied to the statistics above.

Regeneration (Ex): The regeneration of a Kourman is bypassed by fire damage.

Thrall (Sp): When the Kourman succeeds on an attack with it’s tentacle attack the target must make a Will save (12 + Charisma Modifier) or be affected by a charm monster effect at a caster level equal to 10.

Skills: Kourman can take 10 on Swim checks to perform special actions, even if stress or distraction would normally prevent them from doing so. Kourman gain a +8 racial bonus on these Swim checks.

Kourman as a Playable Race
    • +4 Str, +18 Dex, +10 Con
    • Aberration (Aquatic)
    • Medium Size
    • A Kourman’s base speed is 30 ft., and possesses a 30ft. swim speed
    • Darkvision out to 60 ft.
    • Racial Hit Dice: A Kourman begins with one level of aberration, which provide 1d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +0, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +0, and Will +2.
    • Racial Skills: A Kourman’s aberration levels give it skill points equal to 4 * (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Heal and Knowledge (All taken individually).
    • Racial Feats: A Kourman’s aberration levels give it a single feat.
    • Natural Weapons: Tentacle (1d6)
    • Special Attacks (see above): Eldritch Tendril, Thrall
    • Special Qualities (see above): Amphibious, Darkvision 60 ft., Eldritch Mind, Regeneration 1, Telepathy 200 ft.
    • Automatic Languages: Common.
    • Favored Class: Evolutionist.
    • Level adjustment: +?.
    • Adult Age: 15
    • Middle Age: 30
    • Old Age: 45
    • Venerable Age: 61
    • Maximum Age: 61+1d6
    • Special Advancement: A players Kourman must follow the special advancement rules detailed above.

Standard Kourman Statistics
    Medium Aberration (Aquatic)
    HD:
    5d8 + 25 (47 HP)
    Init: +9
    Speed: 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
    AC: 22 (+9 Dex, +3 Natural), Touch 19, Flatfooted 12
    BAB/Grapple: +4/+7
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Attack: Tentacles +9 melee (1d8+5 + 1d6 electricity; plus Constrict, Improved Grab and Thrall)
    Full Attack: Tentacles +9 melee (1d8+5 + 1d6 electricity; Constrict, Improved Grab and Thrall)
    Special Attacks: Constrict, Eldritch Tendril, Improved Grab, Psi-Like Abilities, Thrall
    Special Qualities: Amphibious, Darkvision 60 ft., Eldritch Mind, Electricity Resistance 5, Hardness 2, Regeneration 1, Researched Knowledge, Telepathy 200 ft.
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 14 (+2), Dex 28 (+9), Con 21 (+5), Int 13 (+1), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 10 (+0)
    Skills: Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) 6 (+9), Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 2 (+5), Heal 5 (+10), Intimidate 0 (+2), Stealth 2 (+11), Survival 0 (+3), Swim 0 (+10)
    Feats: Great Changer, Improved Unarmed StrikeB, Self-Sufficient
    Environment: Any Underdark.
    Organisation: City
    Challenge Rating: ?
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Any
    Advancement: See Below

A standard Kourman possess 4 levels of Evolutionist.

Constrict (Ex): Whenever the Kourman wins a grapple check, he deals damage equal to that of his tentacles attack.

Eldritch Mind (Ex): The Kourman mindset is a one of constant thought, filled with unending urges. These urges can be resisted with sufficient will power, requiring a Will Save (DC 30). The instincts of the Kourman people are the following:
    • Do as the True Mind commands
    • Produce more Kourman
    • Survive
    • Seek Evolution
    • Collect Thralls
    • Eat brains
    • Protect Knowledge
    • Learn Gramarie
    • Like Water
    • Beware Surface

In addition the eternal thought stops Kourman from ever sleeping, though they can go unconscious.

Eldritch Tendril (Sp): The electricity discharged by the tendrils of a Kourman create confusion in the minds of those nearby. This bestows a +2 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls for the Tentacle attack and the attack deals an additional +1d6 points of electricity damage. These bonuses have been applied to the statistics above.

Improved Grab (Ex): Whenever the Kourman hits a creature at least small size with his tentacles, he can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Psi-Like Abilities (Ps): At Will – Detect Psionics, Detect Thoughts; 3/Day – Far Hand, Telempathic Projection. Manifester Level 6.

Regeneration (Ex): The regeneration of a Kourman is bypassed by fire damage.

Researched Knowledge (Ex): Kourman gain a +4 bonus on all knowledge checks made to discern information about a creature because of their experiments.

Thrall (Sp): When the Kourman succeeds on an attack with it’s tentacle attack the target must make a Will save (12 + Charisma Modifier) or be affected by a charm monster effect at a caster level equal to 10.

Skills: Kourman can take 10 on Swim checks to perform special actions, even if stress or distraction would normally prevent them from doing so. Kourman gain a +8 racial bonus on these Swim checks.

Special Advancement
    The statistics given here are the base statistics of the race upon reaching adulthood. Afterwards they start to evolve and their true abilities appear. The first four levels a Kourman gains after its first HD must be from the Evolutionist Class with the following mutations selected:

Level One Evolutionist: Evolve Combat Instinct, Superior Cognizance, Improved Grab, Constrict, Psi-Like Ability (Far Hand).
    Level Two Evolutionist: Detect Psionics, Natural Armour, Energy Resistance (Electricity).
    Level Three Evolutionist: Evolve Will, Evolve Combat Instinct, Detect Thoughts.
    Level Four Evolutionist: Superior Cognizance, Psi-Like Ability (Telempathic Projection), Psychic Enhancement.

Also at 3 HD, they must take the Great Changer Feat and gain the Elemental Attack (Electricity) and Superior Instinct Mutations. At the same level, the Kourman must take the Dire Body Teratomorph.

After the above is followed, the Kourman can advance via class levels or by HD. Every additional 5 aberration levels increases the Kourman’s size category.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-01-18 at 12:01 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

13. - Top - End - #1063

Is there any way to get two YGGD priciples... by 4th level XD? Or at 5th level, just generally with 4 or less Gramarist levels.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Is there any way to get two YGGD priciples... by 4th level XD? Or at 5th level, just generally with 4 or less Gramarist levels.
    It is impossible (as presented) to have 2 of any discipline since you need to be 7th level to learn Magisterial and the earliest you can have 2 of any discipline would be 1 Bacc and 1 Magi.

On a side note: I'm contemplating a Blueprint for an infinite power generator that uses the sun, some ice cubes, a semi-space and a Dreamason.

(Hmm... Might need an Arcanodynamics specialist AND a Dreamason...)

15. - Top - End - #1065

Zombie

Why would you want infinite power generation? Just set up GI/SO squares

Right, so i'm working on a Gramarie Factory in a week (assuming 6 hours downtime to do other stuff and no sleep because Construct) but I'm kind of stuck.
    I need a way to carry the True Creationed materials down a conveyor belt or something but I'm just not coming up with anything.
    Can Orthogonal Engines be controlled by EIs?

Also I think I solved the deforestation and weight problem for the bigger Engines.
    True Creation SilverOuts.
    The caster creates a nonmagical, unattended object of any sort of matter. Items created are permanent and cannot be negated by dispelling magics or negating powers. For all intents and purposes, these items are completely real. The volume of the item created cannot exceed 1 cubic foot per caster level.
    Unlike the items brought into being by the lower-level spells minor creation and major creation, objects created by the casting of true creation can be used as material components.
    Buy a Scroll of it and cast into a SilverOut and then cast on a bunch of SilverOuts being prepared (though you need a schmuck or schmucks to drain XP from)
    Then set it onto a circuit with an EI set to cast True Creation: Wood at CL16
    It means indefinite movement at max speed for 16 minutes /number of engines before needing to cast again
    So for 1 Engine that's 16 minutes. For 16 Engines its every minute. For 8 Engines that's every 2 minutes.
    Keep a stockpile of 5* Number of Engines in reserve with the EI set to channel 8 Ebbs into the SilverOut whenever it goes below that number
    So if for some reason your Silvers stop working you have 5 minutes to fix the problem before stalling completely (The last minute might be slower depending on numbers)

8Ebbs/16 minutes is better than 6Ebbs/round by 120x (ie you spend 120x more Ebbs using the other way than this one)

Sorry everyone

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

Why would you want infinite power generation? Just set up GI/SO squares
    Because those:

1. Take up more space then they are worth
    2. Don't generate as much power as I'm thinking about/require.

I'm thinking about a method for creating a multi-piece infinite power generator. Capable of creating and powering an entire city (Platinum or otherwise) with very little effort and even allowing it to be mobile (Ascending, Descending, Space Travel, Planar Travel, or any combination, or all of them) if so desired.

Blueprint Name: Solar Sailor
    Principles Required: ALCH 101, ARCD 101, ARCD 350, HEUR 101, HEUR 266, YGGD 101, YGGD 212, YGGD 241.
    Prestige Classes: Dreamason and a 14th level Arcanodynamic Specialist, 9th (OR 2 7th) level Yggdratecture Specialist.

Alright, so we all know our friend the Sun, right? Well! I have recently been interested in harvesting our friend, the Sun's heat for a power source. At it's Core, the Sun that our planet orbits radiates at approximately 15 million degrees Centigrade all day, everyday, until it converts into it's red giant phase (after that... DAYUM...)

Anyway! First, we take a cubic foot of Ice. Using ALCH 101, we increase the Ice's melting point beyond the temperature that the Ice is most likely to experience at the Heart of the Sun. You can perform this via a Super-Charged Aid Another Diplomacy if you so desire. (Call it a "Research Team")

Then you create a Semi-space and tether it to a random object (let's pretend it is Fez). This Object, also has it's heat durability increased equal to the Ice. Make sure the Semi-Space is smaller then 1 cubic foot so that the Ice can't fit inside of it. Now using Rabbit Hole, the Semi-Space can now have Heuristicism Bubbles pass through it.

Now make the Semi-Space an Incongruous Pathway connecting to a place I'd like to refer to as "Curie" which has a WoodOut on the other side which can connect to whatever you desire that requires ebbs.

Now connect the IceIn to the Object with the Semi-Space and create a Heuristicism bubble that passes through to the WoodOut. Now tether a Gravity Flux to it (the Object) and direct it to travel towards the Sun. Also connect an Unorthodox Trigger to tell it to "Deactivate the Flux once it is surrounded by 15 million degrees centigrade." or something like that.

The Object Travels towards the Sun, arrives, is surrounded by 15 million degrees of raw heat generating a grand total of 1,499,998 per round. which allows you to power anything you desire back on your home planet through the Semi-Space.
    For the record, the Curie is a Doomsday device I'm plotting. It's supposed to covers all 38 sextillion cubic feet of the Earth and just blast it out of existence... Unfortunately even The Solar Sailor doesn't gather enough Ebbs for that (I believe it would require a Quadrillion Ebbs, Pardon, it's 3am while I'm writing this.)

... Ah well... When Men dream, God's laugh

17. - Top - End - #1067

Zombie

Roughly how high a diplomacy score would you need to make Ice's melting point HIGHER THAN THE SUN!

Seriously, dayum that's high

And how is a 15ft x 15ft x 5ft too big?
    Or a 15ft x 15ft x 15ft cube (which is worth slightly more than 3 squares)

Making daylight (using the Daylight spell) costs 3 Ebbs (its a level3 spell) and earns 3*26 Ebbs/round
    Assuming CL5 it lasts 50 minutes before needing a refresh of 3 Ebbs. Bump that up by 1 CL just for ease of math.

Set up a Wood with a 10ft bubble (prepared 8 times) with a Circuit (again prepared 8 times) and an EI on a far corner you can have 4 for the price of 1 Wood/Circuit/EI

78 /round /generator
    780 /minute /generator
    46,797 /hour /generator

Thats plenty for most non-doomsday devices.
    Also remember that your UMD check for an IceIn has to be 14,999,980 because that is the max it can convert in any one round.

Sorry everyone

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Roughly how high a diplomacy score would you need to make Ice's melting point HIGHER THAN THE SUN!

Hey! When people want to burn the world to ash, we figure a way out. You need a Diplomacy check of roughly 150 million to even get 15 million as an option (roughly 75 million participants). You need a MASSIVE research team for this, but honestly? I'd just MAKE the research team out of BIOY Chassi. I chose not to include that in the construction because I figured it went without saying that this requires ass backwards amount of work

I understand that there are easier ways to do this, but I am just offering a single example for going about this method.

78 /round /generator
    780 /minute /generator
    46,797 /hour /generator

Thats plenty for most non-doomsday devices.
    Bah... To slow for my taste...

Also remember that your UMD check for an IceIn has to be 14,999,980 because that is the max it can convert in any one round.
    That Research Team never vanishes (Unless you wanna donate them to your Geoccultism buddies)
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-01-18 at 05:59 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Not really, since the point of ice is that keeps the ambient temperature at 20 degrees at most, or lower if its lower when the icein is set up. It would make the buble that contains it a safe little bubble of room-temperature (or maybe a bit colder) in the middle of the burning sun. So the highest your check would have to be is 20 on alchemetry to modify its melting temperature that much.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Zombie

Really Geocultist and Eldrikinetic Specialists are only barely Gramarists.
    Why would I donate my Biollurgy creations to them?

78/Round /setup is GREAT for a self-perputating generator.
    You need a Generator, a Factory for more Generators and a Demiplane.
    (this isnt a full Blueprint writeup cause a) Im lazy and b) I haven't got all the details for my factories yet)
    Build the Generator I mentioned up ^^, then a Semispace (expanded to allow a human-sized creature to walk through) with Incongruous Pathways to the Factory.
    Then you need the following: (Note this is the finished self-sustaining product smaller copies can be made)
    26* SilverOut: True Creation (Gold) CL16 (thats the minimum CL)
    26* 16* 60* HUER302 GoldIn
    SilverOut: True Creation (Silver) CL16
    2* SilverOut: Daylight CL6 (1 above minimum)
    60* 16* HUER302 SilverOut
    SilverOut: True Creation (Wood) CL 16
    60* 16* *2 HUER302 Wood
    60* 16* *2 HUER302 Circuit
    60* 16* /4 HUER302 Exotic Intelligence
    Circuit prepared enough to fill the whole factory and an EI attached (or multiple Circuit/EIs connected to fill the whole thing)

Have the EIs send in 8 Ebbs to SilverOut: True Creation (Silver) when there is no Silver excluding SilverOuts in the Factory
    Have the EIs send in 8 Ebbs to SilverOut: True Creation (Gold) when there is no Gold excluding GoldIns in the Factory
    Have the EIs send in 8 Ebbs to SilverOut: True Creation (Wood) when there is no Silver excluding WoodIns and WoodOuts in the Factory

Have some Biollurgy Instinctual creatures to walk through the Semispace, collect the GoldIn/SilverOut and assemble them into the cube formation around the Wood/Circuits

Now that isnt the fastest aggregation rate (you would need 600* not 60* to maximise the potential SilverOut production) nor is it completed (you need a second Semispace to funnel out the unneeded Ebbs into the main power so you can use it for other projects)
    But you end up with 960 extra generators an hour taking up 35ft * 35ft * 15ft for every 4 Generators
    Meaning +74,880 Ebbs /round every hour accumulative.

Now do you think its not enough?

Sorry everyone

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Not really, since the point of ice is that keeps the ambient temperature at 20 degrees at most, or lower if its lower when the icein is set up. It would make the buble that contains it a safe little bubble of room-temperature (or maybe a bit colder) in the middle of the burning sun. So the highest your check would have to be is 20 on alchemetry to modify its melting temperature that much.
    AUGH! I knew I was forgetting something! That totally changes things

Really Geocultist and Eldrikinetic Specialists are only barely Gramarists.
    Why would I donate my Biollurgy creations to them?
    I wouldn't say that exactly. I actually like Eldrikinetics, however I acknowledge that it's not precisely the best method of space travel or long term ascension based projects.

In fact, at the moment I am torn between Alchemetry, Heuristicism, Eldrikinetics and Yggdratecture as my favorite discipline.

I like Alchemetry because I'm curious about exploring the rest of the periodic table since Kellus only gave us 8 to work with and to ascend

I like Heuristicism, because it is simply the easiest to work with. Unfortunately Dreamason as written is impossible to get into without wasting a feat or dipping a level in a Psionic class, but yeah. It's pretty neat to imagine the power and potential.

Eldrikinetics and Yggdratecture pretty much go hand-in-hand as the Traveler disciplines and usually, they involve the use of any of the above disciplines

78/Round /setup is GREAT for a self-perputating generator.
    You need a Generator, a Factory for more Generators and a Demiplane.
    (this isnt a full Blueprint writeup cause a) Im lazy and b) I haven't got all the details for my factories yet)
    Build the Generator I mentioned up ^^, then a Semispace (expanded to allow a human-sized creature to walk through) with Incongruous Pathways to the Factory.
    Then you need the following: (Note this is the finished self-sustaining product smaller copies can be made)
    26* SilverOut: True Creation (Gold) CL16 (thats the minimum CL)
    26* 16* 60* HUER302 GoldIn
    SilverOut: True Creation (Silver) CL16
    2* SilverOut: Daylight CL6 (1 above minimum)
    60* 16* HUER302 SilverOut
    SilverOut: True Creation (Wood) CL 16
    60* 16* *2 HUER302 Wood
    60* 16* *2 HUER302 Circuit
    60* 16* /4 HUER302 Exotic Intelligence
    Circuit prepared enough to fill the whole factory and an EI attached (or multiple Circuit/EIs connected to fill the whole thing)

Have the EIs send in 8 Ebbs to SilverOut: True Creation (Silver) when there is no Silver excluding SilverOuts in the Factory
    Have the EIs send in 8 Ebbs to SilverOut: True Creation (Gold) when there is no Gold excluding GoldIns in the Factory
    Have the EIs send in 8 Ebbs to SilverOut: True Creation (Wood) when there is no Silver excluding WoodIns and WoodOuts in the Factory

Have some Biollurgy Instinctual creatures to walk through the Semispace, collect the GoldIn/SilverOut and assemble them into the cube formation around the Wood/Circuits

Now that isnt the fastest aggregation rate (you would need 600* not 60* to maximise the potential SilverOut production) nor is it completed (you need a second Semispace to funnel out the unneeded Ebbs into the main power so you can use it for other projects)
    But you end up with 960 extra generators an hour taking up 35ft * 35ft * 15ft for every 4 Generators
    Meaning +74,880 Ebbs /round every hour accumulative.

Now do you think its not enough?
    Hmmmm... It's creative, it's edgy, I like it. Make it into a Blueprint and then lemme read it over in that format and we should be crystal.

SPEAKING OF CRYSTAL! Has anyone figured anything out using the Crystal Transformer that doesn't use a Silver Transformer?

22. - Top - End - #1072

Zombie

It allows an Exotic Intelligence to talk and gives orders with a CrystalOut

And a CrystalIn is a quick Silence effect by expanding the bubble to 10ftradius, attaching to an Arrow (or using Dreamason's Rabbit Hole and a Semispace linked to that arrow if you cant get a cubic foot of crystal attached to an arrow) as a way to stop spellcasters as a Ranger
    Its also reusable by recovering the Arrow

Eldrikinetics are barely Gramarists because their Principles don't require skill checks. They are the lazy way of Gramarie.
    It's almost like using a GoldOut instead of a SilverOut (except when scared of Vampires). Inefficient and eyeroll worthy. Everyone knows a Daylight spell is at minimum a saving of 1,997 Ebbs (4 Ebbs to produce daylight/round compared to 3 Ebbs/50 minutes)

Also, I wish we could use SilverOuts on Su abilities. It makes protections so much easier to create
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2013-01-18 at 07:28 AM.

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #1073

BUG- Radiomantic negative levels currently appear to have no save DC.

Barefoot Gen (NSFW, Gore, Horrific and Disturbing)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJZ6nwxD38

I've created a homebrew rule for sunmetal inspired by the fallout series, Kellus feel free to use or change it as you see fit:

Alternate Radiomantic Events:
    Radiomantic Ghoulification-
    Alternatively the DM may rule that when sunmetal would slay a creature it has a chance to turn them into a necropolitan (or zombification), using the radiomantic event as the ritual, the hellfire damage from a radiomantic event will damage the necropolitan's body as if it were an object during the initial death.
    Finding Shelter-
    Hellfire damage does not bypass shelter or even complete cover unless it is within 1/8 mile of the source. All hellfire damage will attempt to destroy cover and re-apply damage to what was behind it if the cover is destroyed.
    Brightest Thing Ever-
    At the start of a radiomantic event a flash of light is emitted permanently blinding all observers who fails a DC15 reflex save to shield their eyes. After that point this counts as a 10,000x strength daylight spell for 10 rounds, overloading all light-collecting transformers exposed to it.
    Shockwave-
    Radiomantic events deal sonic damage in replacement of 20% of the hellfire damage, applied before it.

24. - Top - End - #1074

Why is Geooccultism an option for players? The things it creates are stationary and require absurd amounts of metal to run.

What happens if two gravity fluxes intersect?

Can a biollurgical chassis gain tremorsense?
    DeviantART

25. - Top - End - #1075

Zombie

The same reason the ability to make the Internet is an option to players
    Also some campaigns don't focus on kicking in doors and moving to bigger doors in the next kingdom over. Some deal with more intellectual fare where Geocultism could be better suited.
    Also Gramarie is only a couple steps from being an NPC class without the NPC-prereq

For 2 Gravity Fluxes, if they are opposing then they cancel. If they are not then they interact (Left Gravity and Right Gravity cancel so it's like there is no flux and Up Gravity + Left Gravity means diagonally up and to the left)

I think so but I haven't read through Biollurgy fully yet. Im sure there is a way

EDIT: Also Geocultism doesn't require absurd amounts of metal.
    Just hook up a SilverOut of True Creation. 8Ebbs for 16 cubic feet
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2013-01-19 at 10:42 AM.

Sorry everyone

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    BUG- Radiomantic negative levels currently appear to have no save DC.

Barefoot Gen (NSFW, Gore, Horrific and Disturbing)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJZ6nwxD38
    That video made me cry remembering when I was at the Hiroshima Museum

Can a biollurgical chassis gain tremorsense?
    A grammarist with BIOY: 340 can attach Sensitive Antennae (a 4th level graft) that grants tremorsense (60ft range).

27. - Top - End - #1077

Silver outputs annoy me, since tons of things that need to be dealt with are just reduced to "eh, just use a SilverOut with x spell".

28. - Top - End - #1078

Zombie

But they make things soo much easier.

Sorry everyone

29. - Top - End - #1079

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Silver outputs annoy me, since tons of things that need to be dealt with are just reduced to "eh, just use a SilverOut with x spell".
    It would take far too long to include a grammaric option for every spell effect. Sure it kind of cheapens it, but there isn't really another option available that doesn't severely limit Grammarists as a whole.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

EDIT: Also Geocultism doesn't require absurd amounts of metal.
    Just hook up a SilverOut of True Creation. 8Ebbs for 16 cubic feet
    I prefer Wall of Iron + Polymorph Any object SilverOuts for this. More Ebbs for each pair (14 vs 8, or just 6 if you want iron) but each pair does the job of five True Creation SilverOuts (40 ebbs) and it costs less to setup (50 gold material component for Wall of Iron vs likely much higher experience cost for True Creation).

Wall of Stone can be used in place of Wall of Iron too, WoS is one spell level (one ebb) lower and has no material component cost, but is useless for geoccultism without the PAO SilverOut.
    Last edited by Draken; 2013-01-19 at 12:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing