New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIII: Fast/Fine/Fierce Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Eeyore is a Gundam Fighter?
    This hand of mine is burning red, but I don't want to be a bother.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    This hand of mine is burning red, but I don't want to be a bother.
    Eh, I'd kind of peg Eeyore as being Argo Gulski myself.

And yay! Two posts in a row that weren't overlooked/ignored.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Yep, got me beat. That's actually kinda dark for a pony 'verse thing.
    It's largely going in the other direction at this point, but 3 out of 5 of my ponies have some sort of big issue. Out of the other two, one is too young to have any real issues that will actually come up, and the other is the pony shaped incarnation of hugs.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

*Bullying thoughts*
    I think it would also be interesting to look at this from the perspective of Gilda as well. She wants to push Dash away from her friends, but why? Is it just the way she operates, or is she feeling isolated and wanting to find a friend that can be all hers? Basically, what's beneath her bullying from 'Griffon the Brush Off'?
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Time for my usual linkpost, but this one comes with a warning.

WARNING!

The following link contains Scenes of Very Graphic Nature.

If you cannot, or do not, wish to view material of a disturbing nature (It is rated T for Teen, but is still disturbing), then do not click on the following link.

You have been warned. I am not kidding.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/573755
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I think it would also be interesting to look at this from the perspective of Gilda as well. She wants to push Dash away from her friends, but why? Is it just the way she operates, or is she feeling isolated and wanting to find a friend that can be all hers? Basically, what's beneath her bullying from 'Griffon the Brush Off'?
    Same level of insecurity that plagues Dash, though manifested in a different way. Possible abandonment issues, maybe griffons don't mate for life?

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    It's largely going in the other direction at this point, but 3 out of 5 of my ponies have some sort of big issue. Out of the other two, one is too young to have any real issues that will actually come up, and the other is the pony shaped incarnation of hugs.
    Clearly you need to introduce those three ponies to the hug pony.

Edit: But I don't like Gildaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaah. The jerk buck has to stop somewhere!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-05 at 11:33 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

8. - Top - End - #878
    Firbolg in the Playground

When I was watching that episode, I remember thinking, "why is Pinkie being a passive aggressive -" That word is naughty and I shouldn't use that. Gilda doesn't seem that good of a communicator and appears to have a lot of catching up to do. In my view the 'didn't know how to say solo-hangout time' becomes a good explanation. From Gilda's point of view, the ponies were driving her friend away from HER.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: But I don't like Gildaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaah. The jerk buck has to stop somewhere!
    No one is evil just for the sake of being evil (outside of Captain Planet villains and those with written by equal or worse hacks), so there must be some reason for why she acts that way.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

Two of them have been introduced to the hug pony. The hug pony is their half sister.

The third hasn't met many ponies in town yet. They'll meet eventually though, and she's my one pony that isn't related in some way to the others.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Banned

First an obligatory "Hurrhurrhurr" to the first part, and second, why would you want to punch Eeyore?
    well, sometimes Eeyore is pretty cool. Other times, he's a snide, passive aggressive and emotionally manipulative... Well, jerk. I don't know if it's canonical or not, but it's not the kind of thing I tolerate for long. I'm trying to be a better bloke, love and tolerance and all, but that's one of my hot buttons.

-

IMAGE DUMP
    Spoiler
    Show

This one has some really nice geometry in the face. You can practically feel the shape of the head with your eyes.

This one should be good inspiration for the thread game show game thread thing.
    Yeah.

And here I thought that was a rather unique color scheme. Alas, G1, you undermine me!

Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-07-05 at 11:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    When I was watching that episode, I remember thinking, "why is Pinkie being a passive aggressive -" That word is naughty and I shouldn't use that. Gilda doesn't seem that good of a communicator and appears to have a lot of catching up to do. In my view the 'didn't know how to say solo-hangout time' becomes a good explanation. From Gilda's point of view, the ponies were driving her friend away from HER.
    That's sorta undermined by how she acted when Dash WASN'T around.

It's like they said on the Simpsons: Some griffons are just jerks.

RE Captain Planet Villainy: True, but for the purposes of a story where Gilda isn't actually there, you don't need an explanation of why she worked to separate Dash from the herd. If I did a followup where Gilda was around, I'd work on her motivations. If I were pressed, I'd see it as a possessive streak.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-05 at 11:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #883

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Two of them have been introduced to the hug pony. The hug pony is their half sister.

The third hasn't met many ponies in town yet. They'll meet eventually though, and she's my one pony that isn't related in some way to the others.
    Ooh, you should bring the hug pony into the grimdark. It'll get along well with the soap opera drama flirts reclusive psychos gaggle of murderers and soldiers wait, I got nothin'.

edit-
    That's sorta undermined by how she acted when Dash WASN'T around.

It's like they said on the Simpsons: Some griffons are just jerks.
    Stress can make you a nervous jerk who falls back on coping mechanisms.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-07-05 at 11:39 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

I felt pretty similarly, but I read a fic that followed Gilda around Junior Speedsters camp. She was sort of an outcast in that one, and surprisingly, it softened me toward her character a lot. I really feel like she just needs some character development and, um, maybe some antipsychotics...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    HA HA, YES, THE INTERNET HAS BENT TO MY WILL! LOOK UPON MY WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR!

Umm, if that's okay with you...
    Also Grif LyraxOlympia is now fanon:

Spoiler
    Show
    It looks like Lyra's due...

(sunglasses)

for a shotgun wedding.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAH!
    HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Also, time to play catch up again.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Colossus in the Playground

interesting. I'm not sure how close to Dash's schematics I want to keep, but her light blue is the original reason for adding the fade-to-grey in the front. I sort of want to keep to the 'griffons have more natural colors than ponies' bit as well though. All I can think of that would work there is a dappled grey;

Alas, I'm not sure where I want To go with this, color-wise. The closest to a decision I have is using Sienna as the voice-color here on the fora.
    I do like the muted orange as the main body colour, and particularly how it blends with the dark grey feathers. I also think that grey doesn't work for the eyes here, especially with all the grey in her hair. Not enough draw to her face. The concept of muted hair with rainbow highlights is a solid one, but I think there has to be more deliberation on where to place the colours, so they flow into each other rather than clashing

Personality-wise, we've got shy, melancholy/pessimistic, pseudogothic (not too thick because ponies, but it's there), somewhat estranged from Dash, takes after Fluttershy, probably tragic love/hate thin with Gilda. Worried about being perpetually alone. Ostracized by some ponies for being descended from eaters of horseflesh (lost a potential girlfriend this way).

Sort of the tragic Eeyore of ponies, except I haven't yet had the urge to punch her in the face ;)
    Copper Wire
    Grey Whisper
    Skyfire
    Solstice
    Thistle

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

well, sometimes Eeyore is pretty cool. Other times, he's a snide, passive aggressive and emotionally manipulative... Well, jerk. I don't know if it's canonical or not, but it's not the kind of thing I tolerate for long. I'm trying to be a better bloke, love and tolerance and all, but that's one of my hot buttons.
    I never saw him as being manipulative or passive-aggressive. I think he's just one of those people that always seems sad/depressed simply because of the way he carries himself and the tone of his voice, and because he gripes about things just for the sake of griping. The old cartoon show actually had him as just preferring peace and quiet, usually being content with his lot in life. Losing his tail and having to build a house without hands (he's the only character in the show who only has their mouth to manipulate things with) not withstanding.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-07-05 at 11:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888

Although that brings up a good point. Watch an episode of Daria. Don't do that. Have you given any thought to straight Dash-purple eyes?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

I felt pretty similarly, but I read a fic that followed Gilda around Junior Speedsters camp. She was sort of an outcast in that one, and surprisingly, it softened me toward her character a lot. I really feel like she just needs some character development and, um, maybe some antipsychotics...
    I'm honestly comfortable just saying that Gilda is a jerk. I mean, her reaction to "pink pony showed up during private Dash time" was "attempt to kill pink pony." And she would have, if cartoon physics weren't in effect. (A look at the parallel universe where they weren't).

I mean, if Pinkie had done anything to get on her nerves but BE there and ask to be included in their hanging out, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic with Gilda. If Gilda had said, "I'm only in town today and I haven't gotten to fly with Dash in years, and you can't join us for that," and Pinkie had continued to try and get involved, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic with Gilda. If Pinkie had planted the pranks at the party she threw FOR GILDA to try and CONVINCE GILDA SHE WAS NICE, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic with Gilda. If Gilda hadn't stolen an apple, pranked an old woman with a bad hip and screamed at Fluttershy for accidentally bumping her in the course of a minute, then called the whole town lame, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic with Gilda.

When I said the quote in Soft Serve's signature, I meant it.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-05 at 11:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, you should bring the hug pony into the grimdark. It'll get along well with the soap opera drama flirts reclusive psychos gaggle of murderers and soldiers wait, I got nothin'.
    She is in the grimdark RP. She's in Canterlot and her job is reminding Luna ponies appreciate her by continually hugging her.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

IMAGE DUMP
    Spoiler
    Show

This one should be good inspiration for the thread game show game thread thing.
    Yeah.

For reference?

That picture is EXACTLY what happens in the game I linked above. ._. Just so you know. So yeah, it probably inspired that. Or vice versa.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

22. - Top - End - #892
    Banned

Someone already linked to that game a few days ago.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

If Gilda had said, "I'm only in town today and I haven't gotten to fly with Dash in years, and you can't join us for that," and Pinkie had continued to try and get involved, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic with Gilda.
    Except the fact that Pinkie managed to build a functional pony powered flying machine in the space of maybe 2 minutes kind of proved that yes, she could join them in flying.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

Except the fact that Pinkie managed to build a functional pony powered flying machine in the space of maybe 2 minutes kind of proved that yes, she could join them in flying.
    I suspect it wasn't fast enough to really keep up with them.

And that just further proves me point that Gilda is a jerk. Thank you.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-05 at 11:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

I suspect it wasn't fast enough to really keep up with them.

And that just further proves me point that Gilda is a jerk. Thank you.
    Well Pinkie can match or outrun Dash's flying speed (Griffon the Brushoff AND Party of One) so I suspect she could. Besides, Dash seemed happy enough to have her there.

And that was the purpose honestly.

RE Captain Planet Villainy: True, but for the purposes of a story where Gilda isn't actually there, you don't need an explanation of why she worked to separate Dash from the herd. If I did a followup where Gilda was around, I'd work on her motivations. If I were pressed, I'd see it as a possessive streak.

Sorry, I missed this edit. It's true that you don't need to state the reason for it if Gilda isn't there, it's still important to have it, just in case. Plus my reason helps explain why Gilda waited so long before letting Dash know.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #896
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Sillyface.
    Did you know that Winter Wrap Up is TEN TIMES AS AWESOME on a big TV screen with good speakers!!!
    I will never again watch an episode on my iPhone. NEVER!!

And now I realize how silly I am. I don't have a charger for my phone (because SOMEPONY has it at work with them) but I do have a charger for my laptop, which I could very well be using to post this instead.
    And now my phone is dead.
    *sigh*
    Haha. Yeah, I noticed the improvement. I've commented on it several times now, actually. Way to ignore me in the threads, Braz.

Eh, I'd kind of peg Eeyore as being Argo Gulski myself.

And yay! Two posts in a row that weren't overlooked/ignored.
    It's not really overlookin' ya, mate. It's just sometimes, there isn't a good response or the thing in question has already been addressed.

I understand though. If I frame something in the interogative and dingbat an answer, I kinda flip out a bit.

Same level of insecurity that plagues Dash, though manifested in a different way. Possible abandonment issues, maybe griffons don't mate for life?
    I don't know. I figure the griffons are a gruff people. They have a sort of mountain-Viking feel in my mind; you earn respect by being tough, and preemptive toughness usually translates to being a broodmare. Oh, well I guess that does take into account her being insecure though, huh? My faux pas.

Aye, I figure she's a jerk because she is insecure, but I think it's cultural in he same way many youths join gangs to look tougher to feel better.

... Hm. Interesting, and I'd like to explore it. The trouble is, though, she didn't just yell at Fluttershy, she actively emotionally assaulted her. Roaring in the face of one of your prey animals? That's a death threat display. That's serious business.

27. - Top - End - #897

I'm honestly comfortable just saying that Gilda is a jerk. I mean, her reaction to "pink pony showed up during private Dash time" was "attempt to kill pink pony." And she would have, if cartoon physics weren't in effect. (A look at the parallel universe where they weren't).

I mean, if Pinkie had done anything to get on her nerves but BE there and ask to be included in their hanging out, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic with Gilda. If Gilda had said, "I'm only in town today and I haven't gotten to fly with Dash in years, and you can't join us for that," and Pinkie had continued to try and get involved, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic with Gilda. If Pinkie had planted the pranks at the party she threw FOR GILDA to try and CONVINCE GILDA SHE WAS NICE, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic with Gilda. If Gilda hadn't stolen an apple, pranked an old woman with a bad hip and screamed at Fluttershy for accidentally bumping her in the course of a minute, then called the whole town lame, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic with Gilda.

When I said the quote in Soft Serve's signature, I meant it.
    That video... explains a lot more than it should. "I have seen the other side, beyond the fourth wall, also I have superpowers. PARTY."

Well since this is an exercise in finding motivation to prevent being an inpony monster(wait, she kinda is. regardless), let's stretch it a bit?

What if she thought that was Dash was expecting her to do? What if Gilda was afraid Dash wouldn't like her if she were softer. Combine this with the pariah syndrome she could be tacked to, and that's a LOAD of messed up.

She is in the grimdark RP. She's in Canterlot and her job is reminding Luna ponies appreciate her by continually hugging her.
    Sad Luna mental image d'aww
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-07-05 at 11:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Well Pinkie can match or outrun Dash's flying speed (Griffon the Brushoff AND Party of One) so I suspect she could. Besides, Dash seemed happy enough to have her there.

And that was the purpose honestly.

Sorry, I missed this edit. It's true that you don't need to state the reason for it if Gilda isn't there, it's still important to have it, just in case. Plus my reason helps explain why Gilda waited so long before letting Dash know.
    In text, that looked more sarcastic than I meant.

And which reason was that? There were a couple proposed and I'm not seeing it.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    For reference?

That picture is EXACTLY what happens in the game I linked above. ._. Just so you know. So yeah, it probably inspired that. Or vice versa.
    And that game is CREEPY AS [REMOVED FOR PG-13 REASONS]
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

I couldn't get past the fast pony...seems like I missed a cool ending.