1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

[Royal Realm, King's Realm]
    [Royal Guard's Palace]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Royal Realm]

"No", Li says plainly and firmly, "and it is the words of you and Kusuma which make me decline. It is nothing short of absurd of you to call a being like me a child. It would be vastly more plausible to ask if I'm senile. Every time you lot try to cast my disagreement as an issue of age or experience, you reduce both me and yourselves into one-dimensional caricatures." Li gives a sharp look around. "In truth, none of us are here because of our age, or experience, or wisdom. We are here because we changed things, with no guarantee it was for the better. Some of us are of sound health and mind only because we've been bestowed miraculous durability by a higher power. That is why we let Central 46 govern Soul Society in our stead."

Li turns back to the Black Tortoise King. "That is also why Kisaragi Saruhiko left Wan Li Lin out of the loop. That is why I am stepping out. I cannot prevent you from making whatever decision you want and acting on them. But I can choose to not have any part in it."

Li turns to leave.
    "You are correct, calling you a child is a mis-label. And in some ways, your point on why we are here holds truth. We are not here simply because we are wise and experienced and powerful. We did, indeed, gain this privilege and responsibility because we changed things. But at this time, the rest of us are in agreement that we rather prefer many of the changes we implemented. And we are discussing action because we are concerned these changes, the things we did for the betterment of Soul Society, for the entire Spiritual Realm, will be unraveled. We do not take these things, or the future, for granted. Not after the events that have transpired."

He pauses for a moment, the room getting less chilly.

"Thus, we are discussing our intentions and plans to ensure that the good of Soul Society, and the Spiritual Realm, as a whole is maintained. Once we have fully restored order and function to Soul Society, we will of course return here. At which point we can have a more...in-depth discussion about responsibility and leadership as it concerns the Royal Guard. It will of course be part of our discussion over discipline."

His smile holds no mirth.

"Now, if your are so intent on leaving, then leave. Now. We have actually-important matters to discuss."

He then quietly waits for Zheng to finish leaving.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

[Seireitei; Senshi's appointment]
    Quote Originally Posted by King539 View Post
    Senshi grins. "Awesome." Ah. Yes. Senshi's a member of the Combat Division, and thus has different priorities than most. "So I'm, like, super-tough now? Even more than usual? Cool. What's the news that's merely bad? Surely it must be almost as good as this, at least!"
    " . . . "

The medical officer stares at Senshi in disbelief. Maybe he should've compared this phenomenom to a cancer to get the point across?

"...riiiight. *Ahem* The other thing. We found traces of Shinten in your blood." Shinten, Senshi might've heard, is a spiritual tranquilizer. Even a drop of it on one's skin may knock a person unconscious! "From the quantity, we guess someone injected a full syringe into your bloodstream." Oh. That doesn't sound safe.

The officer pulls out a graph comparing Senshi's brain readings with a normal person. "That alone could explain your memory loss, but just to be sure, we checked other common sources of amnesia. Your brain wave corresponds to someone who has been exposed to Kikanshinki and had their memories erased. Your memory of your entire last week might be just a fabrication your mind came up with to fill the gaps."

The officer hands over a copy of the documents. "You might consider taking this to Internal Security. Your condition most certainly is not natural. Someone did something to you and then took steps to make you forget all about it. Based on these readings, it could've even been one of your comrades. Shinten and Kikanshinki are common tools for patrolling Shinigami. You should also be on the lookout for any weird dreams or flashbacks. Kikanshinki was designed to work on humans, it might not have a lasting effect on a Shinigami."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rukongai
    Outside Koutetsu Holdings

The Tsuyoi representatives remain silent during Setsurou's exchange with Seji, apparently content to remain passive.

[Seireitei]
    Cemetery

Jehoel seems content to let Masaru handle the interaction with the cemetery's other anomalous visitor.

[Royal Realm]
    Meeting Room

After Li has finished departing, Rin allows for a polite pause before breaking the silence.

"To answer your earlier question, our transport will be unaffected."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei, Cemetery]

"Hasunaga Heiaki. Schoolteacher."

He takes a deep breath.

"Her name, assuming she did not mislead me, was Sonohara Mizuki. She saved my life on more than one occasion, and I paid back the favor as many times as I could. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there for her every time."

Masaru likely recognizes the name as one of the last Shinigami to have died in the line of duty shortly before the Menos disappeared. She was a Combat Division member, higher seated than himself at the time. She sacrificed herself to allow for the evacuation of a squad of Shinigami when they were ambushed, but the Hollows responsible were nowhere to be found by the time reinforcements arrived.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[Seireitei; Senshi's Appointment]

Senshi looks considerably more worried now. "Okay then. Geez. Okay. Ummmm... I think I will talk to Internal Security about this. First, though, I think I'll meditate, see if I can remember anything." There's a change.

"Anything else, or should I leave?"
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Orc in the Playground

[Royal Realm]

Kusuma sits by impassively on the exchange between the Tortoise King and Green Dragon. He had few objections to Li's complaints, but didn't care much for their attitude. Not enough to say something, of course.

[Soul Society]
    (Rukon)

Gwynned shrugs. "Somethin' wit meat in it. And a good few mugs of ale."

Momoka, meanwhile, bows respectfully to the representatives. "...I thank you for your time, honorable representatives. I will retire to my own abode from here, and we can convene... tomorrow, perhaps?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

[Royal Realm]

The Green Dragon nods at Black Tortoise King's words and returns a smile exactly as devoid of any positive feeling. "Sure. We will have such a discussion if you return here." Then, when prompted, the Dragon leaves the other guards to their plotting.

---

[Seireitei; Senshi's appointment]

The medical officer shrugs. "I don't really know. My gut instinct would be to lock you up and watch you in case your condition goes anywhere. But you seem to be able to walk and talk just fine, so I'm not sure if I could justify it to my acting captain. I'll be in contact with Seji-taichou to see what he thinks." He gives an apologizing smile. "You are free to go. Have a nice day."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Senshi nods, stands up, and leaves the hospital. He then looks around, and heads towards the Combat Division Training Grounds. Might as well get back in practice for when he inevitably fights that masked thing again.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Royal Realm]

Kusuma sits by impassively on the exchange between the Tortoise King and Green Dragon. He had few objections to Li's complaints, but didn't care much for their attitude. Not enough to say something, of course.

[Soul Society]
    (Rukon)

Gwynned shrugs. "Somethin' wit meat in it. And a good few mugs of ale."

Momoka, meanwhile, bows respectfully to the representatives. "...I thank you for your time, honorable representatives. I will retire to my own abode from here, and we can convene... tomorrow, perhaps?"
    "And I'm guessing you like your meat spicy and medium rare too. Not a problem. I'll just make some hiyashi-chuka for Mo-- Junko. I'll make sure it's her favorite combination." Setsurou grinned.

It might strike the Tsuyoi representatives as odd that Setsurou would be cooking when he's got servants that could do it for him. They clearly never tasted his cooking.

"Ah, yes, I should have at least some of the details ready by tomorrow."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "What kinds of stories do you like?"
    Suguri thought for a moment. "I like sweet stories," she finally replied. "Like ... stories where everyone's happy, or at least there for each other."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh? But that doesn't make for a very compelling story." Katsurou replied. "Good stories are those where obstacles are overcome. Where friendship allows one to go further than they would if they were alone. Don't you think so?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri frowned in thought.

"I guess?" she replied. "Obstacles are fine, but I don't like seeing people sad, or hate each other."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

"Unfortunately, Suguri-chan, the world is full of hate and full of sad people. To pretend otherwise does not make them any happier.

But one can try to turn away the hate and to make those around them happy. That is the point of a good story: to see how people try."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri thought about that for a moment. Finally, she nodded - that made sense, after all.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Royal Realm, King's Realm]
    [Royal Guard's Palace]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Royal Realm]

The Green Dragon nods at Black Tortoise King's words and returns a smile exactly as devoid of any positive feeling. "Sure. We will have such a discussion if you return here." Then, when prompted, the Dragon leaves the other guards to their plotting.
    The door is already closing, and the Green Dragon is simply ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Royal Realm]
    Meeting Room

After Li has finished departing, Rin allows for a polite pause before breaking the silence.

"To answer your earlier question, our transport will be unaffected."
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Royal Realm]

Masamune waits for any other objections and, hearing none, continues.

"Very well. I propose we land ourselves just outside of the primary headquarters building of the First Division, and proceed in to meet with the Acting Commander. From there, we can oversee restoration of the Central 46, possibly direct any necessary changes to the structure of the Gotei military itself, pass judgement on the Commander, and, if possible, shift Soul Society to the lowest part of this planar dimension, to keep it safe and attuned to the proper energies. And act as a reminder."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Seireitei, Soul Society]
    [Cemetary]
    [Seireitei, Cemetery]

"Hasunaga Heiaki. Schoolteacher."

He takes a deep breath.

"Her name, assuming she did not mislead me, was Sonohara Mizuki. She saved my life on more than one occasion, and I paid back the favor as many times as I could. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there for her every time."

Masaru likely recognizes the name as one of the last Shinigami to have died in the line of duty shortly before the Menos disappeared. She was a Combat Division member, higher seated than himself at the time. She sacrificed herself to allow for the evacuation of a squad of Shinigami when they were ambushed, but the Hollows responsible were nowhere to be found by the time reinforcements arrived.

[Seireitei]
    Cemetery

Jehoel seems content to let Masaru handle the interaction with the cemetery's other anomalous visitor.
    Masaru is silent for several moments after Hasunaga explained before he spoke up.

"She died saving the lives of others. Our Division was lessened for it, as it always is when good people pass, but it was as good an end as you can ask for. Her sacrifice ultimately saved many more lines down the road. Though...we never found the Hollows who did it."

He gives Jehoel a wary glance at that remark.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Suguri thought about that for a moment. Finally, she nodded - that made sense, after all.
    "There once was a brilliant man - a scientist - whom, along with another man, found a place full of ancient giants. These giants had been asleep for a very long time, and they would answer to the first one who woke them. This scientist thought the giants were much too dangerous and ought to be left alone; but his colleague was blinded by ambition and sought to awaken the giants.

What do you suppose the scientist did then?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Rukon

The representatives bow again.

"Very well. We will return at that time."

Cemetery

Jehoel is impassive.

"I have no additional insight, if you are expecting some form of revelation."

[Royal Realm]
    Meeting Chamber

Rin nods in agreement.

"I have no objections. I will begin preparations for an artificial Shakonmaku barrier to prevent casual travel between our territory and the rest of the Soul Society."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

"There once was a brilliant man - a scientist - whom, along with another man, found a place full of ancient giants. These giants had been asleep for a very long time, and they would answer to the first one who woke them. This scientist thought the giants were much too dangerous and ought to be left alone; but his colleague was blinded by ambition and sought to awaken the giants.

What do you suppose the scientist did then?"
    Suguri tilted her head. "Hmmm ... I dunno, what did he do then?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

[Hishikawa Estate]

"He built a giant so that his grandson would be able to fight the other giants." Katsurou continued. "Because he was sure his grandson would do the right thing.

But he wasn't the only one who could make giants. Others made them to build giant towers in big cities, and to build ways to illuminate those cities. When the evil giants attacked, and the scientist's grandson came to fight them, the people were not sure if the scientist's grandson could be trusted, because that giant was built for war."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri thought about that. She, like most spirits, couldn't remember much of the living world, but ... "I feel like that was the plot to a popular anime when I was alive," she remarked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Orc in the Playground

"Really? Did you watch it? What was it like?" Katsurou pondered in interest.

- - - Updated - - -

[Soul Society]
    Rukon

The representatives bow again.

"Very well. We will return at that time."

Cemetery

Jehoel is impassive.

"I have no additional insight, if you are expecting some form of revelation."

[Royal Realm]
    Meeting Chamber

Rin nods in agreement.

"I have no objections. I will begin preparations for an artificial Shakonmaku barrier to prevent casual travel between our territory and the rest of the Soul Society."
    [Cemetery]

"That'd be because they fled the scene shortly afterwards. I wasn't fast enough to save Mizuki... But I did manage to kill those Hollows afterwards. My way of making up for my inability to save her."

Hasunaga takes a deep breath.

"Never thought I'd be able to actually visit her grave. Small things to be thankful for, I suppose."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

"Really? Did you watch it? What was it like?" Katsurou pondered in interest.
    "I don't remember," Suguri shrugged. "I think it was good, but the ending was weird, maybe?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, in my story, the grandson fought off the evil giants one by one, even though people were scared of him - because nobody could really defeat the giant his grandfather had built." Katsurou notes. "He was scared of the giant too. He thought, what if he'd been in the same position as the bad guy who had all the evil giants? Wouldn't he be tempted too?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri nodded, yawning slightly. It was beginning to get late, after all.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

"See, Suguri-chan. When faced with power, we are all bound to be tempted. Because we all believe we can do better than others with it. The grandson in this story had the strength of character to not be swayed - and that, in no small part, is why he won against all odds.

There's a definite strength to a righteous character. Keep it in your heart always."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri nodded along, stifling another yawn. It was a good story, after all.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

Katsurou lightly hummed a little tune to help lull Suguri into sleep the rest of the way.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quickly enough, Suguri drifted off to sleep.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

The next morning, a chubby handmaiden gently nudges Suguri.

"Rise and shine, Suguri-sama! It's time for breakfast!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri groaned and rolled over in her bed, clutching the blankets like a plushie.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show