New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

Oh, don’t get me wrong, if you’re going to offer proverbial Akashic pie I’m going to loosen my proverbial belt and take a big ol’ slice. And yes, those all sound great. I’m not typically a premade adventure guy, but something that would help introduce people to the system would be fantastic.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

well as long as the spheres get some support in realms via class or few feats i gladly support the kick starter hell even with out spheres support i might still support the kick starter long as i like the initial pitch.
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2018-10-11 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NomGarret View Post
    I’m not typically a premade adventure guy, but something that would help introduce people to the system would be fantastic.
    That was kind of the thought, yeah. Essence and akashic magic tends to be a little opaque for new players until they've seen it in action, so an adventure showing it off and contextualizing it could do a lot of good.

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    well as long as the spheres get some support in realms via class or few feats i gladly support the kick starter hell even with out spheres support i might still support the kick starter long as i like the initial pitch.
    The new akashic materials we've been putting out have actually been doing really well (thank you to everyone who's been buying them, btw, you all are awesome!), so I doubt we'll need a Kickstarter for Akashic Realms.

Case in point, Classes of the Lost Spheres: The Zodiac, our akashic summoner / veil-less akashic warrior, has been selling really kind of surprisingly well given that the Pathfinder Playtest is going on right now, and it just got a great review and seal of approval from Endzeitgeist. So really, if you've been buying, using, and talking about Co7S, Akashic Trinity, or the Zodiac, you've already kind of laid the ground for Akashic Realms.

As to spheres materials, it's entirely possible that there will be some in Akashic Realms, but I can't promise there will be just yet. There's a ton of material slated specifically for the existing akashic line-up already, and the new zodiac cosmology alone is nearly half a handbook's worth of new crunch. That being said, there's something really intriguing about the idea of a Blacksmith/Vizier SoM and akashic mashup that specializes in reforging veils. Could even be that Green Lantern chassis I keep working on and never finishing... Gotta keep that in mind for later!
    Last edited by Ssalarn; 2018-10-20 at 10:47 AM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Any idea what the release date currently looks like? I'd like to hope it's close to release for the city of seven seraphs, but I fear it might not be till 2019 at this rate
    I Am A Neutral Good Human Druid/Sorcerer (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength 10
    Dexterity 12
    Constitution 13
    Intelligence 16
    Wisdom 15
    Charisma 10

5. - Top - End - #335
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by singera View Post
    Any idea what the release date currently looks like? I'd like to hope it's close to release for the city of seven seraphs, but I fear it might not be till 2019 at this rate
    We are doing everything we can to get it done before that. Our layout person says she will be done soon (early November) at which point we will get a PDF out to backers as soon as possible. We are also working with our printer to keep our place in que but the delays of critical art in August and September really through a wrench in our timeline. We are so sorry for delays and will update all avenues as soon as we have concrete news.

6. - Top - End - #336

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Spheres View Post
    We are doing everything we can to get it done before that. Our layout person says she will be done soon (early November) at which point we will get a PDF out to backers as soon as possible. We are also working with our printer to keep our place in que but the delays of critical art in August and September really through a wrench in our timeline. We are so sorry for delays and will update all avenues as soon as we have concrete news.
    Dude, relax, I don't think anyone here wants a "First Day update patch". When the City becomes available we'd rather have it shiny and chrome

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manyasone View Post
    Dude, relax, I don't think anyone here wants a "First Day update patch". When the City becomes available we'd rather have it shiny and chrome
    well gotta agree with manyasone we need the city working in tip top shape when the refugees(aka us the players) enter the city. just take your sweet time and make sure the city is ready.
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Spheres View Post
    We are doing everything we can to get it done before that. Our layout person says she will be done soon (early November) at which point we will get a PDF out to backers as soon as possible.
    The pdf will be more than enough to assuage concerns .

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

So it's been a while and I've never Kickstarted before, when you're ready to ship out will I get a message asking for the address to be shipped to or something else?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Galacktic View Post
    So it's been a while and I've never Kickstarted before, when you're ready to ship out will I get a message asking for the address to be shipped to or something else?
    I believe you should have already gotten an e-mail from Backerkit to register your fulfillment information, but I'll ping Christen and ask him to confirm for you.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    I believe you should have already gotten an e-mail from Backerkit to register your fulfillment information, but I'll ping Christen and ask him to confirm for you.
    I just double checked the email I used and found it, so we're good! Thank you.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I just double checked the email I used and found it, so we're good! Thank you.
    Excellent. But if you do have any issues send a message to [email protected] and we will do our best to help.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

I have a question about a veil from Akashic Trinity and not sure where else I should be posting it instead.

The Heaven's Blessing veil says any enemy that can see you must make a save against it, but it has no kind of per round limiter or immunity after a successful save against it (like Bangles of the Jealous Seductress does). This means that by RAW the moment an enemy sees you as a non-action that happens instantly they keep making saves against the veil until they fail, which they will eventually do even if only on a nat 1. Obviously this isn't intended, but I can't determine what the intent actually is! Should it be more like the aforementioned Bangles veil, giving immunity after a successful save, or should it be more like Stare of the Ghaele and be a proper gaze attack with a limited range and activating like a gaze attack (aka at the start of an enemy's turn that is within range of the veil and doesn't avert/close their eyes)? My GM and I discussed it and went with the former interpretation for now, but an official word on it would be fantastic.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    I have a question about a veil from Akashic Trinity and not sure where else I should be posting it instead.

The Heaven's Blessing veil says any enemy that can see you must make a save against it, but it has no kind of per round limiter or immunity after a successful save against it (like Bangles of the Jealous Seductress does).
    It does not offer immunity after a save since you have the option of covering or averting your eyes, much like a gaze attack. Creatures need only save against it once per round as long as they are subject to its effects.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

So I don't have anywhere else to really ask this, but I've been toying around with a couple of Zodiac builds and I have to ask:
    How does Temporary Essence work with taking Essence Burn to summon Constellations?
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    So I don't have anywhere else to really ask this, but I've been toying around with a couple of Zodiac builds and I have to ask:
    How does Temporary Essence work with taking Essence Burn to summon Constellations?
    I'll do an official clarification for this in Akashic Realms (maybe a sidebar because it looks like I have room) since it does look like it could be better explained, but the essence burn for a constellation is a permanent assigned value. If that temporary essence would hit its normal expiration and you would no longer be able to sustain your constellation, the constellation is immediately dismissed. If the temp essence would reach it's normal expiration and you have enough essence available to sustain the constellation out of your normal essence pool, you can immediately subtract the difference from your normal pool.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

Is it intended that the equipment form of the Sea Goat constellation has a DC of 10 + full zodiac level + Cha mod instead of 10 + 1/2 zodiac level + Cha mod? Also, inflicting panicked with this seems incredibly powerful, with an unclear duration for Aura of Fear (it only lists a duration for the shaken effect on a successful save).

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it intended that the equipment form of the Sea Goat constellation has a DC of 10 + full zodiac level + Cha mod instead of 10 + 1/2 zodiac level + Cha mod? Also, inflicting panicked with this seems incredibly powerful, with an unclear duration for Aura of Fear (it only lists a duration for the shaken effect on a successful save).
    The panicked condition only persists while the creature is within the aura of fear; once they leave the area the effect ends.

That may be why the DC uses full level, but it's been long enough since I wrote it I can't recall what I intended. For now, assume RAW is correct on that formula and I'll follow up with Christen to see if that was something he recalls us talking about.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

The Zodiac was a great addition to the Classes of the Lost Spheres. Easily one of my favorite classes, and came with a bunch of Akashic Support. The Successor on the other hand...not so much. As far as I can tell, it's just a severely neutered Occultist with absolutely nothing that the Occultist doesn't do infinitely better. It doesn't even have access to spellcasting/veilweaving or anything else, nor is it Full BAB.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    The Zodiac was a great addition to the Classes of the Lost Spheres. Easily one of my favorite classes, and came with a bunch of Akashic Support.
    Thank you, I appreciate hearing that.

I can't really address the rest of your post since I'm not familiar with the class beyond it being a new release from Lost Spheres, but I've passed your feedback along.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate hearing that.

I can't really address the rest of your post since I'm not familiar with the class beyond it being a new release from Lost Spheres, but I've passed your feedback along.
    Please let me know if the creator to The Successor responds. Maybe there's something I'm just not seeing that makes this class really stand out over the Paizo Occultist. Lack of spellcasting is going to be a tough sell, since spells can solve almost any problem and offer an immense amount of versatility. And this is ignoring the Occultist's focus on Planar Binding -- some of the strongest spells in the game.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2018-12-08 at 08:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

has there been any word on the newest set of delays, as the book is once more not out by the time you where projecting to have it out, and i and likely many others are getting worried with the fact there has been no news
    Ability Scores:
    Strength 10
    Dexterity 12
    Constitution 13
    Intelligence 16
    Wisdom 15
    Charisma 10

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

I'm just resigned to it coming out... maybe February if we're lucky.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

I'm just resigned to it coming out... maybe February if we're lucky.
    My bet is on gencon as last pathfinder 1e suplement.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

At this point, I'm halfway expecting my money to just vanish into the aether. It's been well over a year since the Kickstarter got funded.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

At this point, I'm halfway expecting my money to just vanish into the aether. It's been well over a year since the Kickstarter got funded.
    Making a book of this size can take awhile, and art showing up late hurts a lot. When art doesn't show up on time, it can (and did) cause a whole cascade of issues. Amongst those issues is the fact that freelance layout artists need to eat, and not having assets to them in time to do what they need to do can mean that you lose priority to other projects. Art being one month late (as an example, that's not an accurate representation of the timeframes involved) doesn't necessarily mean layout will be only one month late; that artist has undoubtedly had to move on to their other obligations and will have to squeeze in the work that should have been happening previously around their current schedule.

The book is in process and I know Christen has been losing a lot of sleep trying to get everything ready to ship. It absolutely will be produced, but a 500+ page tome like this would have been a task to layout even if all the art had shown up when it was supposed to and everything had gone to layout on time.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I do not fault you guy's for the delays, I fully understand how hard that can be, but what id personally love is a bit more transparency and updates, even if just tidbits of info on how close it is, or just a more public explanation for everyone whos freaking out about it
    Ability Scores:
    Strength 10
    Dexterity 12
    Constitution 13
    Intelligence 16
    Wisdom 15
    Charisma 10

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singera View Post
    I do not fault you guy's for the delays, I fully understand how hard that can be, but what id personally love is a bit more transparency and updates, even if just tidbits of info on how close it is, or just a more public explanation for everyone whos freaking out about it
    I had been under the impression that communications were going out regarding the delays. I'll see if I can't touch bases with Christen and see if he could maybe pop an update through the Kickstarter.

I suspect the main reason he hasn't is that he's hoping the next announcement he makes will be "check your e-mails for your download link", but it's possible that it would be better to send a "progress is being made but no ETA yet) update than continuing to wait.

29. - Top - End - #359

SamuraiGuy

I've been looking through the new classes, and I like them, They all seem useful and flavorful. In reading through the Nexus however one ability in particular stands out, but not in a good way. The T4 power of the Hells convergence is just jarringly bad.

It doesn't make sense thematically, and it undercuts the utility of the tier 3 ability. No one in their right minds would sign a contract with a Nexus if this ability was known.

Having the ability to randomly kill anyone who signs a deal with you as the mood takes you may be Evil, but it's not Lawful. Devils, will weasel, lawyer, and twist words, but they don't cheat. They can't, they are bound by their own Lawful, OCD nature.

It's not a power I, as GM, would give to a Devil Lord, so why would I allow it to a PC themed as having a congruent power? If it were written as a penalty clause for the other party breaking the contract, that would be another matter. That would be thematically appropriate, and it would strengthen the utility of the contract power, rather than undercutting it.

Just my 2¢

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andor13 View Post
    I've been looking through the new classes, and I like them, They all seem useful and flavorful. In reading through the Nexus however one ability in particular stands out, but not in a good way. The T4 power of the Hells convergence is just jarringly bad.

It doesn't make sense thematically, and it undercuts the utility of the tier 3 ability. No one in their right minds would sign a contract with a Nexus if this ability was known.

Having the ability to randomly kill anyone who signs a deal with you as the mood takes you may be Evil, but it's not Lawful. Devils, will weasel, lawyer, and twist words, but they don't cheat. They can't, they are bound by their own Lawful, OCD nature.

It's not a power I, as GM, would give to a Devil Lord, so why would I allow it to a PC themed as having a congruent power? If it were written as a penalty clause for the other party breaking the contract, that would be another matter. That would be thematically appropriate, and it would strengthen the utility of the contract power, rather than undercutting it.

Just my 2¢
    The ability is representative of the nexus's ability to hide exploitable clauses in their contract or manipulate fundamental forces that give her broad authority over her contractees. Unlike a devil, the nexus has the advantage of being a mortal, which allows her to do things with their devilish power that a devil couldn't. This is also part of why the creature gains a Will save against the effect, which would not be necessary if they knew for certain that such a thing could happen when the contract was signed. If the soul-claiming death were explicitly stated as part of the contract when it was signed, there would be no need for a Will save as the creature would have already knowlingly and willingly accepted the arrangement.