New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Girl Genius XXV: It needs work! BUT THE CONCEPT IS SOUND!

It could well be that Albia knows all about this group but doesn't care, because she knows they can't succeed in summoning whatever they're trying to summon.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    New comic.

Zeetha's being sneaky.

For all her reputation, there seems to be an awful lot taking place right under Albia's nose.
    The Master of Paris was also hyped up to be very knowledgable about his city, and yet there were still plots he was unaware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

3. - Top - End - #303

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    The Master of Paris was also hyped up to be very knowledgable about his city, and yet there were still plots he was unaware of.
    Albia is *way* beyond the Master. She's lived for thousands of years compared to his paltry few hundred, and her connection with her realm appears to be a purely mental one, rather than the entirely technological one the Master used.

4. - Top - End - #304

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Albia is *way* beyond the Master. She's lived for thousands of years compared to his paltry few hundred, and her connection with her realm appears to be a purely mental one, rather than the entirely technological one the Master used.
    Both Albia and the Master were initially shown to have an iron grip on their respective domains. Eventually, it was shown that the grip the Master had wasn't as tight as earlier assumed. Why would Albia be any different? She might know of the cult and consider unimportant. She might also not know of the cult.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Well, one reason all the sparks are in one place is that so they can all be taken care of easily.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #306

I have been wondering for some strips now, and think this cult could consist entirely of investigators.

You know, there's a spark that wants to suck up to the Queen, so he starts a cult, and he keeps detailed notes of all people who are willing to conspire with him... only so that he can present them to the Queen as traitors.
    Meanwhile, another spark learns about a cult and keeps investigating that cult, but keeps detailed notes of all people involved in the matter.
    Investigators, agents, minions, sparks: all leaving each other in the dark about their true intentions, all of them reporting to Albia or at least keeping notes correspondingly. Of course, this being a mad world full of double agents, they should all have plans to destroy the evidence IF Albia actually fell, but they also should realize how unlikely that event is. Since it has been established that Albia is even souvereign of her subject's minds, the existence of SUCH a large undiscovered conspiracy against her seems unrealistic.

In summary, I'll laugh loudly if the cult is currently summoning none other than Albia herself.

7. - Top - End - #307

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    Yeah, tho it's still possible that she's letting all this happen as part of a plan to lure Agatha into permanently staying.
    This doesnt seem to have been started in the last day or two so thats unlikely. Its POSSIBLE that albia knows about it and is using agatha to bring it to a head similar to how things went down in paris, if hopefully less harrowing. That being said, we have actually seen proof of the master and his control over paris. We still have no idea what albia does to maintain control outside of rumors. Maybe she is galadriel, able to send her mind across her entire domain and nothing is hidden from her questing will. Maybe its just that she can see into the mind of everyone nearby so if she sees you, she knows what you did last summer. Perhaps its somewhere in between. Remember vapnoodle? She didnt already know that A) He was on the ship, or B) what had been done to him, until she was face to face with him. That strongly implies limits to her mental abilities. About the only thing we do know about her is she somehow broke through twice, which implies her sparkishness is likely on another level. Going by how agatha reacted to her drink of the dyne, im thinking straight up technopathy where she can will things to happen according to her spark. Like, instead of physically building an abomination of science, she literally wills it to form. It would explain how she is able to shapeshift and such, changing her size and regalia according to her mood. Agatha could probably build something to make that happen, albia can just make that happen.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #308

In future days, I'm going to point people to this strip when they deny that hoods cut off way too much of your peripheral vision.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    I have been wondering for some strips now, and think this cult could consist entirely of investigators.

You know, there's a spark that wants to suck up to the Queen, so he starts a cult, and he keeps detailed notes of all people who are willing to conspire with him... only so that he can present them to the Queen as traitors.
    Meanwhile, another spark learns about a cult and keeps investigating that cult, but keeps detailed notes of all people involved in the matter.
    Investigators, agents, minions, sparks: all leaving each other in the dark about their true intentions, all of them reporting to Albia or at least keeping notes correspondingly. Of course, this being a mad world full of double agents, they should all have plans to destroy the evidence IF Albia actually fell, but they also should realize how unlikely that event is. Since it has been established that Albia is even souvereign of her subject's minds, the existence of SUCH a large undiscovered conspiracy against her seems unrealistic.

In summary, I'll laugh loudly if the cult is currently summoning none other than Albia herself.
    I think you've played one too many games of PARANOIA. If such a thing exists.

Zeetha made me laugh. I thought of the crane machines at fairs and the boardwalk. "Curses another cultist!"

I know my personal theory is Violetta is following Steelgarter, but if I'm wrong then she has to be here somewhere. Too many cloaks, so easy for a smoke knight.
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Violetta could definitely be here. After all, what proper Summoning Of An Extra-Dimensional Horror would be complete without a vir- a human sacrifice?

11. - Top - End - #311

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RedScholarGypsy View Post
    I think you've played one too many games of PARANOIA. If such a thing exists.
    it does: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para...-playing_game)
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

12. - Top - End - #312

Psst--RSG's point was about playing too much Paranoia being (im)possible.

13. - Top - End - #313

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Psst--RSG's point was about playing too much Paranoia being (im)possible.
    He probably should have worded it as "If such a thing is possible" rather than "if such a thing exists", in that case.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    He probably should have worded it as "If such a thing is possible" rather than "if such a thing exists", in that case.
    I think given the sentence he was starting with, getting it right in the second sentence was pretty difficult, it would probably have been better to rephrase the first sentence.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2019-02-24 at 01:28 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I think given the sentence he was starting with, getting it right in the second sentence was pretty difficult, it would probably have been better to rephrase the first sentence.
    I think we need to be careful here. I fear that the next steps are "They told me I was wrong!! The Fools!!! I SHALL SHOW THEM ALL!!!!"

And we all know how that ends...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

16. - Top - End - #316

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Prolonged and off-topic quibbling about semantics is treason, Citizen!

17. - Top - End - #317

BlackDragon

Friend Computer wants you to be happy. If you are not happy, you may be used as reactor shielding.

18. - Top - End - #318

PirateCaptain

Rules of grammar are designed to make everybody the same. That is a form of Communism. Anybody who uses correct grammar is therefore a Communist.

19. - Top - End - #319

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I think we need to be careful here. I fear that the next steps are "They told me I was wrong!! The Fools!!! I SHALL SHOW THEM ALL!!!!"

Fish laughing at you?

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Fish laughing at you?
    I think you have increased the scale of the problem. Mark my words, this will end with someone's head on a pike1!

1 Or, given that Britannia appears to be mostly under the sea, we may have to substitute a barracuda.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

21. - Top - End - #321
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I think you have increased the scale of the problem. Mark my words, this will end with someone's head on a pike1!

1 Or, given that Britannia appears to be mostly under the sea, we may have to substitute a barracuda.
    Surely, a swordfish or narwhal would work better. Better yet, skip the sharp objects and let dolphins have a nice, little game of catch. It's gruesome, funny, and you can place bets on it!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Does anyone know of a source for GG fan art - specifically, art of Jaegermonsters that aren't just screencaps out of the comic?

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Does anyone know of a source for GG fan art - specifically, art of Jaegermonsters that aren't just screencaps out of the comic?
    You can find some if you search for it on DeviantART. The Jaegermonster Dating Guide is particularly amusing.

24. - Top - End - #324

You can find some if you search for it on DeviantART. The Jaegermonster Dating Guide is particularly amusing.
    I did try DeviantART, but all the stuff there is either bishounen pinups or pencil sketches like that one. I was hoping to find a colored, more 'realistic' Jaegermonster pic that doesn't have an implied sparkle effect and drifting rose petals.

25. - Top - End - #325

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I did try DeviantART, but all the stuff there is either bishounen pinups or pencil sketches like that one. I was hoping to find a colored, more 'realistic' Jaegermonster pic that doesn't have an implied sparkle effect and drifting rose petals.
    I was going to suggest Tumblr, but that's generally not the place to go if you want to avoid "an implied sparkle effect and drifting rose petals".

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    I was going to suggest Tumblr, but that's generally not the place to go if you want to avoid "an implied sparkle effect and drifting rose petals".
    Yeah. There's no end of Jaeger art with a sexy sheen to it, but fan-art reflecting the monsters legend depicts them as is much harder to find. I want scary, terrifying Jaegermonsters.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Candidates for who taught her that:
    -Lu
    -Krosp
    -Tarvek

/facetious

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Candidates for who taught her that:
    -Lu
    -Krosp
    -Tarvek

/facetious
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoever it was, they did a great job. She could also use her experience from Beetleburg.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

29. - Top - End - #329

Beholder

It might be her natural heterodyne blood.

30. - Top - End - #330

PirateCaptain

It might be her natural heterodyne blood.
    More likely natural Mongfish blood.