New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

-Magic urns-They had a bit of HP but you could definately beat them.

Also do you have anything on ultimate weapon from 7? There's a guy in the d20 forum asking about it...

Don't tell him I sent you... He's aparently intimidated by the brilliance of those hereabouts and too shy to ask for input.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Wow, I can't believe it took me this long to look at this. Simply freaking amazing. Kudos to you Kai. I just love practically everything about this.

Just a few notes in my rapid skim up to page 7.

Aeons seem underpowered. Sure they get 1-20 BAB but in the PrC's their 5th level attack abilities seem underpowered as are their overdrives. (Note that I'm only talking about Valefor, Iftrit, Ixion and Shiva.)

The classes are awesome but as big of a Rikku fan as I am I have some problems with the bandit class. I simply don't understand how bribe would function. (BTW, you have skilled sabotuer listed as a 20th level ability and bribe as the 19th.) I'm quite tired right now so I doubt I'm thinking clearly but it just feels a little weird to me.

The black mage should get water last since force resistance is extremely rare if it exists at all.

Also, what sort of action are the ronin's abilities like guard and the breaks?

Have you ever considered doing a play-test game in PbP? I would really love to play one.

Simply amazing job again.
    Last edited by SilentNight; 2008-08-31 at 11:34 AM.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    This enemy needs a point on what is a 'correct' target, and what is an 'incorrect' target. Granted, those who have played know, but others won't.
    Yeah, I wasn't satisfied with the Magic Urn that I posted, so I just re-did it. All is well now. The creature's abilities are clearer & it is much tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Did Magic Urn not have shed loads of hit points? Essencially making them undefeatable?
    Yes, they did. Combined with their Damage Reduction & Fast Healing, they should be indestructible by a non-epic party.

Quote Originally Posted by DMfromTheAbyss View Post
    -Magic urns-They had a bit of HP but you could definately beat them.

Also do you have anything on ultimate weapon from 7? There's a guy in the d20 forum asking about it...

Don't tell him I sent you... He's aparently intimidated by the brilliance of those hereabouts and too shy to ask for input.
    As for the first part, you could only defeat them if you could take out all of their HP in 1 hit (or 2 hits, if you were lucky). You wouldn't get anything for doing so, though, so there is no real point.

As for Kredine's desire to homebrew the Ultima Weapon (or, more accurately, to have someone else do it), I wish that I could help. I'm a little too busy at the moment with the arena monsters, & FF7 was a good game, but I doubt that I'll make a D20 conversion of it. Mayhaps, if I have time later, I will lend a hand. Lastly, our brilliance here is subjective, to say the least, so Kredine shouldn't be shy, as no one here will bite.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, I can't believe it took me this long to look at this. Simply freaking amazing. Kudos to you Kai. I just love practically everything about this.

Just a few notes in my rapid skim up to page 7.

Aeons seem underpowered. Sure they get 1-20 BAB but in the PrC's their 5th level attack abilities seem underpowered as are their overdrives. (Note that I'm only talking about Valefor, Iftrit, Ixion and Shiva.)

The classes are awesome but as big of a Rikku fan as I am I have some problems with the bandit class. I simply don't understand how bribe would function. (BTW, you have skilled sabotuer listed as a 20th level ability and bribe as the 19th.) I'm quite tired right now so I doubt I'm thinking clearly but it just feels a little weird to me.

The black mage should get water last since force resistance is extremely rare if it exists at all.

Also, what sort of action are the ronin's abilities like guard and the breaks?

Have you ever considered doing a play-test game in PbP? I would really love to play one.

Simply amazing job again.
    Thank you so much for the kind words, as always. As for your suggestions:
    • I may consider beefing up the Aeons, but they seem fine to me. Automatic hits & cheap damage is rather powerful, in D20 terms.
    • The Bribe class feature is a magical negotiation, plain & simple. You offer the money, & if its enough, the monster gives you an item & runs away. It's best not to look too closely into it.
    • The Bandit's table has been fixed. Thanks for the catch.
    • The Black Mage's abilities are not going to be moved around in order of acquisition. They appear here as closely to the order that they were received in the original game as possible. I've only moved around the Summoner's first few abilities for major game balance reasons (& popular demand), & that set off a 2-page debate that I am loathe to repeat. Water energy is treated identically to force damage for simplicity's sake, but there are numerous protections available, both in core D&D & in my FFX D20 conversion. In core, I'd house-rule that protection from energy & resist energy would apply to Water (Force) energy, but not real force energy. In FFX D20, there's Nul (the Summoner's 4th-level class feature), SOS NulTide (the +2 armor ability), Water Ward (the +3 armor ability), Water Proof (the +4 armor ability), & Water Eater (the +5 armor ability). These should be plenty sufficient.
    • The Ronin's Breaks are explicitly stated to be standard actions. The Guard ability is a a free action; an opponent just hits the Ronin instead of the protected target; this has been added for clarity.
    • I'd like to host a PbP game of this for interested players, but I'm not sure if I'll have time (RL demands are a pain), & it will have to wait for me to finish writing/editing/posting the rest of the monsters, so as to be fair to the players. Perhaps if someone else DM'ed the game, it would be easier, but I couldn't ask anyone to do that large of a favor for me, so I guess some brave soul would have to volunteer.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-08-31 at 02:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Malboro
    Spoiler
    Show

Huge Plant (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 9d8+27 (67HP)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 20’ (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 15 (-2 size, -3 Dex, +10 natural); touch 5; flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+18
    Attack: Gastric Juice +8 ranged touch (2d6 acid)
    Full Attack: Gastric Juice +8 ranged touch (2d6 acid)
    Space/Reach: 15’/10’
    Special Attacks: Bad Breath
    Special Qualities: Plant traits
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +0, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 19 (+4), Dex 4 (-3), Con 17 (+3), Int 13 (+1), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 11 (+0)
    Skills: Bluff +3, Gather Information +4, Intimidate +5, Listen +8, Move Silently +1, Search +5, Sense Motive +6, Spot +11, Survival +6
    Feats: Alertness, Ability Focus (Bad Breath), Improved Initiative, Skill Focus (Spot)
    Environment: temperate plains (Calm Lands)
    Organization: solitary
    Challenge Rating: 10
    Treasure: standard
    Normal/Rare Steal: Remedy/Remedy
    Alignment: always Chaotic Evil
    Advancement: N/A
    Level Adjustment: N/A
    Magic Pool: 9d6+36 (67MP)

Bad Breath (Su): the creature emits a 50’ cloud of foul gas; this attack is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; all creatures caught within the cloud are affected by the following status effects:
    • inflicts Berserk status on 1 opponent; Will save (DC16) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Blind status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC16) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Confused status on 1 opponent; Will save (DC16) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Mute status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC16) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Poison status on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC16) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Slowed status for 5 rounds on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC16) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-05 at 03:57 PM. Reason: increased ranges

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Mandragora
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Plant (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 12d8+48 (102HP)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 15’ (3 squares)
    Armor Class: 14 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +3 natural); touch 11; flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+20
    Attack: Tentacle +15 melee (1d8+7 + Poison)
    Full Attack: 2 Tentacles +15 melee (1d8+7 + Poison)
    Space/Reach: 10’/10’
    Special Attacks: Earthquake, Ochu Dance, Poison
    Special Qualities: Plant traits
    Saves: Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 25 (+7), Dex 13 (+1), Con 19 (+4), Int 3 (-4), Wis 8 (-1), Cha 3 (-4)
    Skills: Climb +9, Listen +7, Move Silently +6
    Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Listen)
    Environment: cold mountains or cold desert (Mt. Gagazet, Zanarkand Ruins)
    Organization: pair or party (1 with a group of 1-3 Fiends)
    Challenge Rating: 11
    Normal/Rare Steal: Remedy (×2)/Remedy (×3)
    Magic Pool: 12d6+48 (90MP)

Earthquake (Ex): the creature can leap into the air & crash to the ground, shaking the earth with it’s bulk; all creatures standing on the ground within 65’ must make a Fortitude save (DC23) or suffer a -5 Initiative penalty for the next round; the save DC is Strength-based; this is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Ochu Dance (Su): the creature dances as it releases a 65’ cloud of spores; this attack is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; all creatures caught within the cloud are affected by the following status effects:
    • inflicts Blind status for 3 rounds; Fortitude save (DC15) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Confused status; Will save (DC15) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Mute status for 3 rounds; Fortitude save (DC15) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    • inflicts Slowed status for 5 rounds; Fortitude save (DC15) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based

Poison (Ex): inflicts Poison status on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC15) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-05 at 03:58 PM. Reason: increased ranges

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

My bad, guess I need to read more closely.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Master Coeurl
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Magical Beast (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 11d10+22 (82HP)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30’ (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 17 (-1 size, +5 Dex, +3 natural); touch 14; flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+18
    Attack: Claw +13 melee (1d8+3)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +13 melee (1d8+3)
    Space/Reach: 10’/5’
    Special Attacks: Blaster, Blizzaga, Confuse, Drain, Silence, Thundaga
    Special Qualities: Magical Beast traits
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 16 (+3), Dex 21 (+5), Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 18 (+4)
    Skills: Jump +11, Listen +7, Move Silently +8, Spellcraft +10
    Feats: Iron Will, Silent Spell, Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Still Spell, Track
    Environment: underground (Omega Ruins)
    Challenge Rating: 9
    Normal/Rare Steal: Farplane Shadow (×2)/Farplane Shadow (×4)
    Magic Pool: 22d6+88 (165MP)

Blaster (Su): inflicts Dead status on 1 opponent within 45’; usable once every 1d4+1 rounds; Fortitude save (DC19) to resist; the save DC is Charisma-based; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Blizzaga (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 11d8+22 points of cold damage to 1 opponent within 45’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC16) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 16MP to use

Confuse (Sp): 1 opponent within 45’ must make a Will save (DC19) or be rendered Confused; the save DC is Charisma-based; this is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 7MP to use

Drain (Sp): this is a touch attack that transfers 11d4 from 1 opponent’s HP pool to the creature’s own; Fortitude save (DC19) for half damage; the save DC is Charisma-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 12MP to use

Silence (Sp): inflicts Mute status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent within 45’; Fortitude save (DC19) to resist; the save DC is Charisma-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 5MP to use

Thundaga (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 11d8+22 points of electricity damage to 1 opponent within 45’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC16) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 16MP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-05 at 03:59 PM. Reason: increased ranges

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Master Tonberry
    Spoiler
    Show

Small Aberration (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 14d8+70 (133HP)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 10’ (2 squares)
    Armor Class: 19 (+1 size, +8 natural); touch 11; flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+14
    Attack: Chef’s Knife +19 melee (4d6+8 + Vorpal)
    Full Attack: Chef’s Knife +19 melee (4d6+8 + Vorpal)
    Space/Reach: 5’/5’
    Special Attacks: Karma, Voodoo, Vorpal
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +13
    Abilities: Str 27 (+8), Dex 10 (+0), Con 21 (+5), Int 12 (+1), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 18 (+4)
    Skills: Heal +10, Listen +12, Move Silently +7, Search +8, Sense Motive +10, Spot +8, Survival +11
    Feats: Ability Focus (Karma), Diehard, Endurance, Iron Will, Self-Sufficient
    Organization: solitary
    Challenge Rating: 14
    Normal/Rare Steal: Mana Spring/Tetra Elemental
    Magic Pool: 28d6+112 (210MP)

Karma (Su): upon being hit by a successful attack, the creature blasts opponent that successfully hit them, automatically dealing 13 points of non-specified damage per level of the opponent; Will save (DC19) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this ability is a immediate action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Voodoo (Su): +11 ranged attack that deals 1,000 points of non-specified damage; 85’ range; Fortitude save (DC21) for half damage; the save DC is Charisma-based; this ability is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, & can be done up to once every 1d4+1 rounds (this attack will only be used against a summoned Aeon)

Vorpal (Su): once per round, the creature can add the Vorpal weapon ability to a bladed melee weapon that it wields as an immediate action; this only works if the creature makes no other attacks during that round
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-12-19 at 07:06 PM. Reason: changed size from M to S

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

Maze Larva
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Outsider (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 10d8+50 (95HP)
    Initiative: +7
    Speed: Fly 20’ (4 squares, clumsy maneuverability)
    Armor Class: 17 (-1 size, +7 Dex, +1 natural); touch 16; flat-footed 10
    Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+10
    Attack: N/A
    Full Attack: N/A
    Space/Reach: 10’/5’
    Special Attacks: Fire, Watera
    Special Qualities: Outsider traits
    Saves: Fort +12, Ref +14, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 2 (-4), Dex 25 (+7), Con 20 (+5), Int 1 (-5), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 17 (+3)
    Skills: Concentration +12, Gather Information +9, Hide +18, Listen +10, Move Silently +15, Spot +13
    Feats: Alertness, Dodge, HoverB, Mobility, Stealthy
    Environment: any (Bevelle)
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Normal/Rare Steal: Fish Scale (×2)/Dragon Scale (×2)
    Magic Pool: 40d6+160 (300MP)

Fire (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 10d4 points of fire damage to 1 opponent within 45’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC17) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 4MP to use

Watera (Sp): this is a ranged touch attack that deals 10d6+10 points of water (force) damage to 1 opponent within 45’ on a successful hit; Fortitude save (DC17) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity; this ability costs 8MP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-05 at 04:01 PM. Reason: increased ranges

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

Mech Defender
    Spoiler
    Show

Medium Construct (Machina)
    Hit Dice: 10d10+30 (85HP)
    Initiative: -1
    Armor Class: 13 (-1 Dex, +4 natural); touch 9; flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+14
    Attack: Slam +14 melee (1d8+7)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +14 melee (1d8+7)
    Special Attacks: N/A
    Special Qualities: Construct traits, Damage Reduction 20/magic, Machina traits
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 25 (+7), Dex 9 (-1), Con -- (+0), Int 2 (-4), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)
    Skills: Listen +6, Spot +10
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Improved Natural Attack, Improved Toughness, Skill Focus (Spot)
    Environment: any (Mt. Gagazet)
    Organization: pair or party (1 with a group of 1-3 Fiends/Machina)
    Challenge Rating: 10
    Normal/Rare Steal: Al Bhed Potion (×2)/Al Bhed Potion (×3)
    Alignment: always Neutral
    Magic Pool: 10d4 (25MP)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-07 at 11:51 PM. Reason: fixed full attack

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Mech Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

Small Construct (Machina)
    Hit Dice: 8d10+18 (62HP)
    Initiative: +2
    Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +2 natural); touch 13; flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+6
    Attack: Gore +11 melee (1d4+4)
    Full Attack: Gore +11 melee (1d4+4)
    Special Qualities: Construct traits, Damage Reduction 16/magic, Machina traits
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 19 (+4), Dex 14 (+2), Con -- (+0), Int 2 (-4), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)
    Skills: Listen +5, Spot +9
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Improved Toughness, Skill Focus (Spot)
    Environment: any (Sanubia Desert)
    Challenge Rating: 7
    Normal/Rare Steal: Grenade (×2)/Grenade (×3)
    Magic Pool: 8d4 (20MP)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-08 at 10:36 PM. Reason: fixed full attack

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Mech Gunner
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: 8d10+28 (72HP)
    Initiative: -2
    Armor Class: 12 (-2 Dex, +4 natural); touch 8; flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+12
    Attack: Slam +12 melee (1d6+6)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +12 melee (1d6+6)
    Special Qualities: Construct traits, Damage Reduction 16/magic, Machina traits
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 23 (+6), Dex 7 (-2), Con -- (+0), Int 2 (-4), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)
    Skills: Listen +5, Spot +9
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Improved Toughness, Skill Focus (Spot)
    Environment: any (Sanubia Desert)
    Normal/Rare Steal: Al Bhed Potion/Al Bhed Potion (×2)
    Magic Pool: 8d4 (20MP)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-07 at 11:52 PM. Reason: fixed full attack

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Mech Hunter
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: 9d10+29 (78HP)
    Initiative: -2
    Armor Class: 12 (-2 Dex, +4 natural); touch 8; flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+13
    Attack: Slam +13 melee (1d8+7)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +13 melee (1d8+7)
    Special Qualities: Construct traits, Damage Reduction 18/magic, Machina traits
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 25 (+7), Dex 7 (-2), Con -- (+0), Int 2 (-4), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)
    Skills: Listen +6, Spot +9
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Improved Natural Attack, Improved Toughness, Skill Focus (Spot)
    Environment: any (Calm Lands)
    Normal/Rare Steal: Al Bhed Potion/Al Bhed Potion (×2)
    Magic Pool: 9d4 (22MP)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-07 at 11:52 PM. Reason: fixed full attack

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

yuk Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

Your mechs have the wrong number of bonus hit points. Normally, Small constructs get 10 bonus hp, Medium get 20, Large get 30, Huge get 40, Gargantuan get 60 and Colossal get 80.

Is there a reason you deviated from this?

Debby

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Your mechs have the wrong number of bonus hit points. Normally, Small constructs get 10 bonus hp, Medium get 20, Large get 30, Huge get 40, Gargantuan get 60 and Colossal get 80.

Is there a reason you deviated from this?

Debby
    Each Machina has Improved Toughness as a feat. See spoiler below for details on Improved Toughness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Improved Toughness [General]

Sources:
    • Complete Warrior
    • Libris Mortis: The Book of the Dead
    • Monster Manual III

You are significantly tougher than normal.

Prerequisite: Base Fortitude save bonus +2.

Benefit: You gain a number of hit points equal to your current Hit Dice. Each time you gain a HD (such as by gaining a level), you gain 1 additional hit point. If you lose a HD (such as by losing a level), you lose 1 hit point permanently.

Special: A fighter may select Improved Toughness as one of his fighter bonus feats.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-03 at 03:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

I really need to play Final Fantasy 10, just so I can fully apreciate Zeta Kai's dedication to a project. Seriously, statting every monster? And already half-way through the M's? That's determination, and it's all so well done! Kudos to you, sir!

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    I really need to play Final Fantasy 10, just so I can fully apreciate Zeta Kai's dedication to a project. Seriously, statting every monster? And already half-way through the M's? That's determination, and it's all so well done! Kudos to you, sir!
    Reading this made me replay it already. And this time I finished it proper, Sun Sigil and beat Penance and everything. Thanks for the incentive Kai.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you both so much for the kind words. I'm very glad I can inspire people to experience such as a beautiful game. I've endeavored to avoid plot spoilers in this conversion (although some minor plot leaks were inevitable). I hope that you both enjoy/have enjoyed playing this great game.

And, for the record, I statted every monster in every Resident Evil game (see signature). There are far more monsters in Final Fantasy X, though. Never again...
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-04 at 08:41 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

Mech Leader
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: 10d10+20 (75HP)
    Initiative: +3
    Armor Class: 16 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural); touch 14; flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+9
    Attack: Slam +14 melee (1d6+6)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +14 melee (1d6+6)
    Special Attacks: Electrocute
    Special Qualities: Construct traits, Damage Reduction 20/magic, Machina traits
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 23 (+6), Dex 16 (+3), Con -- (+0), Int 2 (-4), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)
    Skills: Listen +6, Spot +10
    Environment: any (Mt. Gagazet)
    Normal/Rare Steal: Grenade (×2)/Frag Grenade (×2)
    Magic Pool: 10d4 (25MP)

Electrocute (Ex): +14 touch attack; deals 2d6 points of electricity damage; Fortitude save (DC15) for half damage; the save DC is Wisdom-based; this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-07 at 11:53 PM. Reason: fixed full attack

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

Mech Scouter
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: 9d10+19 (68HP)
    Armor Class: 16 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural); touch 14; flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+6
    Attack: Gore +11 melee (1d6+4)
    Full Attack: Gore +11 melee (1d6+4)
    Special Qualities: Construct traits, Damage Reduction 18/magic, Machina traits
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 19 (+4), Dex 16 (+3), Con -- (+0), Int 2 (-4), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)
    Skills: Listen +6, Spot +9
    Environment: any (Calm Lands)
    Normal/Rare Steal: Grenade/Grenade (×3)
    Magic Pool: 9d4 (22MP)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-08 at 10:36 PM. Reason: fixed full attack

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

Melusine
    Spoiler
    Show

Medium Animal (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 7d8+7 (38HP)
    Armor Class: 14 (+3 Dex, +1 natural); touch 13; flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+5
    Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6 + Mute or Petrified)
    Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6 + Mute or Petrified)
    Special Attacks: Mute, Petrified
    Special Qualities: Animal traits
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 11 (+0), Dex 16 (+3), Con 13 (+1), Int 1 (-5), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 7 (-2)
    Skills: Jump +3, Listen +7, Spot +6
    Feats: Alertness, Dodge, Lightning Reflexes
    Environment: temperate plains (Thunder Plains)
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Normal/Rare Steal: Soft/Petrify Grenade
    Magic Pool: 7d6+28 (52MP)

Mute (Ex): inflicts Mute status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC14) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based

Petrified (Su): inflicts Petrified status on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC14) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-04 at 02:48 PM. Reason: added image

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Mi’ihen Fang
    Spoiler
    Show

Medium Animal (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 4d8+4 (22HP)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 50’ (10 squares)
    Armor Class: 14 (+4 Dex); touch 14; flat-footed 10
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+5
    Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6+2 + Mute or Sleep)
    Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6+2 + Mute or Sleep)
    Special Attacks: Mute, Sleep
    Special Qualities: Animal traits
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 15 (+2), Dex 18 (+4), Con 13 (+1), Int 2 (-4), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 10 (+0)
    Skills: Listen +5, Move Silently +6
    Feats: Run, Track
    Environment: temperate plains (Mi’ihen Highroad)
    Organization: 3 or party (1 with a group of 1-3 Fiends)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Normal/Rare Steal: Potion/Sleeping Powder
    Magic Pool: 4d6+16 (30MP)

Mute (Ex): inflicts Mute status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC14) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based

Sleep (Ex): inflicts Sleep status for 3 rounds on 1 opponent; Fortitude save (DC14) to resist; the save DC is Wisdom-based
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-04 at 09:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Mimic #1
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Aberration (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 18d8+90 (171HP)
    Initiative: +4
    Armor Class: 20 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +7 natural); touch 13; flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+26
    Attack: Slam +21 melee (1d8+9)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +21 melee (1d8+9)
    Special Qualities: Aberration traits, Energy Resistance, Mimic Shape
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +14
    Abilities: Str 28 (+9), Dex 19 (+4), Con 20 (+5), Int 12 (+1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 17 (+3)
    Skills: Bluff +9, Climb +13, Disguise +18, Hide +11, Intimidate +10, Listen +8, Move Silently +12, Spot +10, Survival +7
    Feats: Cleave, Dodge, Improved Bullrush, Mighty Blow, Mobility, Power Attack, Spring Attack
    Organization: party (1 with another Fiend)
    Challenge Rating: 15
    Normal/Rare Steal: N/A/N/A
    Magic Pool: 36d6+144 (270MP)

Energy Resistance (Su): the creature only takes 50% damage from cold, electricity, fire, & water (force) energy types

Mimic Shape (Ex): a Mimic can assume the general shape of any object that fills roughly 1,000 cubic feet (10’×10’×10’), such as a massive boulder, a wagon, or a vault; the creature can substantially alter its size by expanding or contracting its internal mass (this does not alter its statistics), allowing it to appear as small as a Medium-sized object (examples: chest, bed, corpse) or as large as a Huge-sized object (examples: house, tree, pond); anyone who examines the Mimic closely (within 5’) can detect the ruse with a successful Spot check opposed by the Mimic’s Disguise check + 10 (of course, by this time it is generally far too late); changing to a different shape is a free action, & so it does not provoke attacks of opportunity
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-07 at 11:54 PM. Reason: fixed full attack

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Each Machina has Improved Toughness as a feat. See spoiler below for details on Improved Toughness.
    Gotcha. Glad I asked. Your hit point totals didn't include the numbers for Improved Toughness even though you had it listed in the equation.

Mech Guard should have 62 hp (8d10+18=62). You forgot to add the 8. Same with Mech Gunner, which should have 72 hp not 64 (8d10+28=72). Mech Hunter should have 78 hp (9d10+29 = 78). Also, Mech Scouter should have 68 hit points not 59.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2008-09-05 at 09:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Gotcha. Glad I asked. Your hit point totals didn't include the numbers for Improved Toughness even though you had it listed in the equation.
    Fixed. Thanks, Debby. I'm glad someone is scrutinizing these things.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

Mimic #2
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Aberration (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 17d8+85 (161HP)
    Initiative: +6
    Armor Class: 22 (-1 size, +6 Dex, +7 natural); touch 15; flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+23
    Attack: Slam +18 melee (1d8+7)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +18 melee (1d8+7)
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +13
    Abilities: Str 24 (+7), Dex 23 (+6), Con 20 (+5), Int 12 (+1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 17 (+3)
    Skills: Bluff +8, Climb +12, Disguise +17, Hide +13, Intimidate +9, Listen +7, Move Silently +14, Spot +10, Survival +7
    Feats: Dodge, Improved Bullrush, Mighty Blow, Mobility, Power Attack, Spring Attack
    Magic Pool: 34d6+136 (255MP)

Energy Resistance (Su): the creature only takes 50% damage from cold, electricity, fire, & water (force) energy types

Mimic Shape (Ex): a Mimic can assume the general shape of any object that fills roughly 1,000 cubic feet (10’×10’×10’), such as a massive boulder, a wagon, or a vault; the creature can substantially alter its size by expanding or contracting its internal mass (this does not alter its statistics), allowing it to appear as small as a Medium-sized object (examples: chest, bed, corpse) or as large as a Huge-sized object (examples: house, tree, pond); anyone who examines the Mimic closely (within 5’) can detect the ruse with a successful Spot check opposed by the Mimic’s Disguise check + 10 (of course, by this time it is generally far too late); changing to a different shape is a free action, & so it does not provoke attacks of opportunity
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-07 at 11:54 PM. Reason: added image

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Mimic #2

I just noticed this for your mimics:
    Full Attack: Slam +18/+13/+8/+3 melee (1d8+7)
    Monsters generally don't get additional attacks based on BAB. I think this was noted in the official FAQ or Errata for 3.5.

They should probably get 2 or 4 Slams at +18 (1d8+7) rather than statting out the way you did. Most of the the time you did it properly but I've started looking through your monsters and here is a list of the ones that seem to need fixing.

Creatures
    • Bashura [melee should be 2 slams +17 melee]
    • Braska’s Final Aeon/Jecht (2nd Form) [melee is missing altogether. I think it is +47 melee (+30 BAB, +18 Str, -2 Size +1 Weapon Focus)]
    • Cactaur looks like it should have 2 slams at full attack.
    • Chocobo Eater [probably should be 2 slams and not fists of fury unless fists of fury is more advantageous. Then you need to explain it.]
    • Coeurl and Master Coeurl don't have any attacks listed. Considering that they look very cat-like they should have claws, bite and possibly even rake as attacks. If not, perhaps a little explanation should be in order.
    • Defender [2 slams +5 melee] and you don't need to refer to it as a Haymaker unless the Haymaker is better than a slam, in which case you need to explain it.
    • Defender X [ 2 slams +45 melee]
    • Defender Z [2 Slams at +18 melee]
    • Evrae [the Swooping Scythe needs fixing. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell what kind of attack this was suppose to be. Is it a weapon or a natural attack? if it's just 4 claws that's fine but it isn't clear]
    • Geneaux’s Tentacles [should there be more than one tentacle for the full attack?]
    • Geosgaeno #2 [Full Attack doesn't match Attack --what's the difference between a Stone Punch and a KO punch?]
    • Great Marlboro [Is there a difference between a Bite and a Chow Time?]
    • Grothia (Ifrit) [probably should have 2 Claws in Full Attack]
    • Halma should probably have 2 slams in Full Attack
    • Land Worm [does it only have 1 attack? That's pretty lame for a 16 HD monster.
    • Lord Ochu -- again only 1 tentacle for a full attack and it looks like there are 4 in the picture.
    • Machea also looks like it should have 2 slams as a full attack.
    • Mafdet also looks like it should have 2 slams as a full attack
    • Magic Urn: Wrong looks like it should be Force damage rather than simply unspecified damage.
    • Madragora also looks like it should have 4 tentacls at full attack [judging from the picture]
    • Some of the mechs have slam attacks but should probably have 2 slams for a full attack.
    • Mi’ihen Fang looks like it should have a claw attack and perhaps a rake attack too. [At least judging by the picture]

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2008-09-06 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Added stuff, fixed formatting

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

I checked the SRD, & re-read the Natural Weapons section, the Full Attack portion, & other relevant passages of the combat rules, & I don't see anything that says monsters can't have up to 4 attacks. In fact, the full attack RAW seem to indicate that only 2 attacks is a strange exception, not the rule. If you can find the proper wording that clarifies this matter, please let me know. I'd prefer to be as true to monster creation guidelines as possible, of course. Until then, I'll just keep doing it wrong (or right, or whatever ).

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Mimic #3
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Aberration (Fiend)
    Hit Dice: 16d8+96 (168HP)
    Initiative: +5
    Armor Class: 21 (-1 size, +5 Dex, +7 natural); touch 14; flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+24
    Attack: Slam +19 melee (1d8+8)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +19 melee (1d8+8)
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +13
    Abilities: Str 26 (+8), Dex 21 (+5), Con 22 (+6), Int 12 (+1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 15 (+2)
    Skills: Bluff +7, Climb +12, Disguise +14, Hide +11, Intimidate +8, Listen +7, Move Silently +13, Spot +10, Survival +6
    Feats: Dodge, Improved Bullrush, Mighty Blow, Mobility, Power Attack, Spring Attack
    Magic Pool: 32d6+128 (240MP)

Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-09-07 at 11:55 PM. Reason: fixed full attack

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    I checked the SRD, & re-read the Natural Weapons section, the Full Attack portion, & other relevant passages of the combat rules, & I don't see anything that says monsters can't have up to 4 attacks. In fact, the full attack RAW seem to indicate that only 2 attacks is a strange exception, not the rule. If you can find the proper wording that clarifies this matter, please let me know. I'd prefer to be as true to monster creation guidelines as possible, of course. Until then, I'll just keep doing it wrong (or right, or whatever ).
    It's in the FAQ page 97 here's the relevant portion:

Creatures do not receive additional attacks from a high base attack bonus when using natural weapons. A young adult red dragon gets only one bite attack per round, even though a fighter with the same +19 base attack bonus attacks four times per round with a sword or other manufactured weapon.
    I had to learn this the hard way too. It might be in the Rules Compendium too. Those are considered the most recent rules. The SRD hasn't been updated.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2008-09-06 at 06:27 PM.