New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Suggestion for contestants of a super human tv show

Hey everyone! I'm running a game right now that is a futuristic setting where superheroes compete on a tv show where they fight to the death. I wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas for contestants, I have plenty of individuals the party will be competing against, but a back catalog of people to draw from would be great. A lot of the people they fight have been very campy/ weird so don't feel like you need to make them any which way. The party is in a team bracket competition, so if you can come up with a themed team all the better!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Default Re: Suggestion for contestants of a super human tv show

Why not take a bunch of dark twists on classics. Mega-Guy is Superman that follows every single Super-Jerkery trope.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

What power level are you thinking of, or is it varied?
    Big jump in power level from some street-level vigilantes (e.g., Marvel's Defenders) to cosmic fighters like Superman.

If it's going to be inconsistent -- which is fine, if unfair for the guy fighting Superman -- there were a few threads about brainstorming superheros or villains. I tried a couple searches but didn't find them, but maybe you'll have better luck. You could also look at the list of characters in the web serial Worm and draw from there.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Have you tried the Psycho Rangers Trope?

You could try a superpower randomizer.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon View Post
    Why not take a bunch of dark twists on classics. Mega-Guy is Superman that follows every single Super-Jerkery trope.
    In their bracket i actually have something like the justice league/ super friends kind of vibe, where they're all just the kick off versions of them. Like Remarkable Guy (Superman), Astonishment Lady ( Wonder Woman) Fruit bat dude (Batman). They're all very cheesy and generic good doers, so i could just make their evil counter parts.

What power level are you thinking of, or is it varied?
    They are leveling up in a d20 system, and are level 4, but if something is too strong i can always adjusts appropriately for their level. So a bit varied. Thank you for the suggestion with Worm.

Have you tried the Psycho Rangers Trope?

You could try a superpower randomizer.
    Both a good idea and tool, thank you.