New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Midwest Mafia/Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I thought I was your villain buddy.
    To be honest, I kinda felt like you and AV make a great villain buddy pair and wouldn't want to get in the way of something beautiful like that.

How delightfully non-committal Caoimhin. Do you mind telling me what you find scummy about McGinty?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    So I'm at 3 votes, then? Haven't done the counting myself yet, but seems that way.

So Mrs McGinty. She feels more wolfish than AvatarVecna currently.
    Mrs. McGinty: 4 (Lex-Kat, Captain Cap, Gac3, JeenLeen)
    Aventine: 1 (Snowblaze)
    Logan1996: 2 (Libro, CaoimhinTheCape)
    Rogue_Alchemist: 1 (Unavenger)
    CaoimhinTheCape: 3 (Xihirli, Aventine, AvatarVecna)
    JeenLeen: 1 (Me)
    Kgato503: 1 (Mrs. McGinty)
    Gac3: 1 (Rogue_Alchemist)

I have no idea when did Jeen lose their 2 votes. Since I'd like to keep Ginty alive like I said before I'll vote for CaoimhinThe Cape. I swear that there were two votes on them when I previously checked.

Caoimhin isn't a new player right? Otherwise this will feel very wrong very fast.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-03-25 at 04:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

There's something off about posting a vote count that doesn't include a vote change you made in the same post. I'm not sure a wolf would be that blatant. But I wouldn't do that, personally.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    How delightfully non-committal Caoimhin. Do you mind telling me what you find scummy about McGinty?
    I mean, the answer is that I don't find enough bad to vote for McGinty anymore. Early on there was a fair amount of lampshade hanging/joking around that they were bad:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    It's all shouting in the dark either way, of course, but it'd be good to know what to expect so I can blend in without looking suspicious contribute to the town cause in an appropriate manner.
    Only a villain would switch around the vote several times?
    Which I've seen people do as a bad guy to deflect suspicion. No idea if that's how McGinty would act for either alignment, so at first it was enough for a first vote. Now, I'm not so sure.

But I'm not ready to clear McGinty yet? The responses to people are good enough but I'm trying to figure out what red flags are for her.

But one of the reasons I'm so hard to catch is that I never, ever post like this when I'm a wolf. A good rule of thumb is that if you can't see any reasons to suspect me on d1 (other than relative inactivity - the easiest way to avoid giving other reasons), that's when you should put me at the top of your suspect list.

:D
    She's saying that if there's no reason to suspect her, vote her. But with the bandwagon early on there was maybe reason to vote her this game, which is supposed to make her innocent? I'm all about switching up my meta when I get too predictable, so who says this isn't her game to try changing her MO?

But I'm a little more confused about why this necessarily makes me bad? Sure, I haven't committed to someone I really suspect. But I'm moving my vote away from someone who is now viewed as very townie to someone we don't have a read on.

If I'm bad then my play would be to stay quiet and let the lynch go through, hope there isn't much change before the Day 1 ends.

I'm comfortable with where I'm voting now. I'm not voting myself and I don't want to vote Mrs. McGinty anymore. If I don't have a strong enough read on Day 1, I'm comfortable voting someone who hasn't posted/I can't form opinions on.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Caoimhin isn't a new player right? Otherwise this will feel very wrong very fast.
    Treat me like any other player. I've played a lot in the past but it's been a while.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Good post from Caoimhin there. Believable thought-processes. If faked, it's well done.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

CaoimhinTheCape: 4 (Xihirli, Aventine, AvatarVecna, Me)

Solved! Not sure what you meant but just in case I updated it. Felt like it was better to leave it be in that post because can see why I made the change. Though I guess you can see it just as well here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    But I'm a little more confused about why this necessarily makes me bad? Sure, I haven't committed to someone I really suspect. But I'm moving my vote away from someone who is now viewed as very townie to someone we don't have a read on.

Treat me like any other player. I've played a lot in the past but it's been a while.
    Will do! Question. I doubt it's the case, but that part seems to imply that you moved your vote because Ginty is viewed as Town and not because you don't think Ginty is wolf. It's a fairly important difference, since I think that the former is wolfier then the latter.

Again though, I don't actually think that's the case.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

So like, cool, but is there more of an explanation? You didn't like that I unwagoned Mrs. McGinty?
    I don't like that this is the post that took you twenty minutes to type up. Certainly other bigger posts haven't taken the same kinda time to type up.

I only have JeenLeen at 1 vote right now (from Valmark).

And honestly I'm feeling better about Mr.s McGinty for now. Really could go either way but not confident enough to really lynch. The wagon has a few of us from voting early on (myself, Lex-Kat, and CaptainCap) and not changing recently, so I'm not sure how much the others still believe in the vote.

I'll change to Duck999 since they haven't posted yet. If I'm not confident on who to vote I'd rather go after someone who talks less/gives less info.
    Unvoting without immediately revoting gets my attention because it's a move that's generally made to avoid attention. Or at least, when it's done without calling attention to it. Who knows if that's the case there. Of course, that somebody almost immediately drew attention to it might've provoked a post...but maybe that's a coincidence.

Solved! Not sure what you meant but just in case I updated it. Felt like it was better to leave it be in that post because can see why I made the change. Though I guess you can see it just as well here.
    And yet it's still wrong. Of course, it's only missing one vote, but I think it's an important one.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-03-25 at 04:21 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

CaoimhinTheCape: 3 (Xihirli, Aventine, AvatarVecna)
    JeenLeen: 1 (Me)
    Oh my god! Thank you for writing down the votes!
    I basically spent the entire day writing a program to keep track of them, and just now I discovered a bad flaw...

Apart from that, I see CaoimhinTheCape left McGinty wagon not long after others got suspicious about a potential wolfy.
    For now I'll just withdraw my joke vote: it harmed McGinty more than expected.

9. - Top - End - #129

I was expecting some discussion after I last posted, but holy moly this thread exploded.

vote tally, snipped for space
    Thank you. I haven’t had to follow a thread this fast in some time.

There's something off about posting a vote count that doesn't include a vote change you made in the same post. I'm not sure a wolf would be that blatant. But I wouldn't do that, personally.
    I wouldn’t err that way either because I tend to take 15-20 minutes for small/trivial posts, going upwards of 30 for longer ones. I probably edit/revise more than I should. If Valmark rushed it a bit, which wouldn’t surprise me given this thread’s staggering pace, such an error is plausible.

I’m going to keep my vote where it is for now, but I’ll move it later if McGinty is tied for the lynch. Don’t want to lose them early, especially since I don’t usually get going until there’s a couple days of lynch data.

I believe Logan1996 and Duck999 both have yet to post, unless I’m blind.

So much fun needing to revise what I’m saying because ~half a dozen posts happen as I’m typing.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post

And yet it's still wrong. Of course, it's only missing one vote, but I think it's an important one.
    I AM NOT COUNTING VOTES EVER AGAIN.

Who did I miss?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-03-25 at 04:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

SwashbucklerGuy

What?! I trusted you, Valmark!
    If I wasn't 55% sure that you are a townfolk, I'd probably vote you.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

I AM NOT COUNTING VOTES EVER AGAIN.

Who did I miss?
    kgato's vote on me. I mean I guess that's a vote only important to me personally but still.

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    Wait...Weren't they both wolves last time? Your reasoning seems a little flawed.

Huh, the D1 bandwagons formed pretty quickly. I'll go with Avatar Vecna for now (no real reason besides it's AV and I dislike voting for one's self).
    I seriously considered it, but I like to give Narrators just coming off a game a little breathing room (for being nice enough to Narrate in the first place).
    I was mainly pointing out inconsistencies in gac3's voting (claiming not to vote for one person because they had just been wolf while turning around and voting for someone who had just been a wolf in the same game). Gac3 was the narrator that game, and should have known all the wolves that game, so I didn't feel the need to throw my name and former role into the mix and possibly make things confusing. Also, I had just followed up an 8hr shift with a 3hr trip (most of which was driving and no human contact), and was a bit tired (I briefly thought about adding it in, but my tired self didn't see a point). I'm more or less happy my post wasn't complete gibberish.

On the scum front, I don't really consider it any worse than using wolf...Although for some reason I keep putting "rebel" in front of it .
    Here's all the kgato posts I found. Nothing undoing his vote, that I can see.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-03-25 at 04:31 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #133

Will do! Question. I doubt it's the case, but that part seems to imply that you moved your vote because Ginty is viewed as Town and not because you don't think Ginty is wolf. It's a fairly important difference, since I think that the former is wolfier then the latter.

Again though, I don't actually think that's the case.
    Important difference, but no one is going to admit to changing a vote based on town opinion.

Unvoting without immediately revoting gets my attention because it's a move that's generally made to avoid attention. Or at least, when it's done without calling attention to it. Who knows if that's the case there. Of course, that somebody almost immediately drew attention to it might've provoked a post...but maybe that's a coincidence.
    Unvoting silently is a fair point, but not really one I can defend? Either I was hoping to avoid suspicion or I had to step away from my computer for some of that time. There's not much I can do to defend that or prove innocence so I can make sure to only unvote when I'm ready to cast a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Apart from that, I see CaoimhinTheCape left McGinty wagon not long after others got suspicious about a potential wolfy.
    Yes I did. I read what other people were saying, it made sense to me, and I didn't think McGinty was a good lynch so I was happy to change. What is your reason for continuing to vote for McGinty?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    Don’t want to lose them early
    I appreciate the sentiment, but there's a reason my name is Mrs McGinty (one that you'll have to google yourselves as I'm not allowed to post links).

Having randed town in a game with no power roles, one way or another this was always likely to be a short ride for me.

15. - Top - End - #135

SwashbucklerGuy

Yes I did. I read what other people were saying, it made sense to me, and I didn't think McGinty was a good lynch so I was happy to change. What is your reason for continuing to vote for McGinty?
    No reason, in fact, as I already pointed out in the same post, I unvoted her.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

This is mostly unrelated but wanna make sure people are aware of it: this game has 17 players, despite the OP's list going to 18. There's no #13, because it seems the list was typed by hand and mistakes were made. I'm saying as much because I spent a while trying to figure out which of the 18 players was missing from my voting spreadsheet since I only had 17 on there.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

If I'm bad then my play would be to stay quiet and let the lynch go through, hope there isn't much change before the Day 1 ends.
    Not after my poke, in my opinion. Completely ignoring a nascent pressure wagon to stay on a bad wagon would be way too trying-to-fly-under-the-radar for me. If you're a wolf you'd need to respond to deflect the heat: avoiding attention was no longer really an option. This argument only holds water if you and McGinty are scum-buddies and so you're expecting townie credit for being on the scum-killing wagon instead of suspicion for being on a mislynch wagon.

Overall, the post feels too much like backtracking and deflecting for me to join McGinty on you. But I like pressure, so I will join the kgato train for now.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Not after my poke, in my opinion. Completely ignoring a nascent pressure wagon to stay on a bad wagon would be way too trying-to-fly-under-the-radar for me. If you're a wolf you'd need to respond to deflect the heat: avoiding attention was no longer really an option. This argument only holds water if you and McGinty are scum-buddies and so you're expecting townie credit for being on the scum-killing wagon instead of suspicion for being on a mislynch wagon.

Overall, the post feels too much like backtracking and deflecting for me to join McGinty on you. But I like pressure, so I will join the kgato train for now.
    Seconded, particularly since you've been a more active player and suddenly going quiet wouldn't be quite the defense you seem to think it is.

...that is, I second the part about why going quiet wouldn't get me off Cao's wagon. I don't second the part about switching to kgato, since they haven't done much of anything to warrant it, and there are quieter candidates with more votes on them. I think I'll switch to Logan1996, get them in spitting distance of the lynch in case that helps.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-03-26 at 09:57 AM.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

kgato's vote on me. I mean I guess that's a vote only important to me personally but still.
    Mrs. McGinty: 3 (Lex-Kat, Gac3, JeenLeen)
    Logan1996: 4 (Libro, AvatarVecna, CaoimhinTheCape, Me)
    CaoimhinTheCape: 1 (Xihirli)
    Kgato503: 2 (Mrs. McGinty, Aventine)

è.é

I appreciate the sentiment, but there's a reason my name is Mrs McGinty (one that you'll have to google yourselves as I'm not allowed to post links).

Having randed town in a game with no power roles, one way or another this was always likely to be a short ride for me.
    Tbh if we are talking about good (as in active and contributing) players getting offed first there's plenty to go around, so you might be safe for a day or two, or more.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-03-25 at 04:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Aventine, should I tell him?

EDIT: Nah, dont' worry bout it Valmark. Game going this fast, especially if votes are getting flighty, maintaining an active list in the thread is gonna be pretty time-consuming. It'll be valuable to keep up going forward, but don't worry too much about little inaccuracies in the moment...unless they're the kind that could easily incriminate you later, then worry a bunch.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-03-25 at 04:42 PM.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #141

SwashbucklerGuy

Valmark, I unvoted McGinty, so now she's at 3.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Aventine, should I tell him?
    I hate you. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Valmark, I unvoted McGinty, so now she's at 3.
    Yeah, updated. Not gonna touch that list anymore.

On that note, as I've stated earlier that I'm trying to not let Ginty die, I'll vote for Logan1996.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-03-26 at 10:40 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

I hate you. <3

Yeah, updated. Not gonna touch that list anymore.

On that note, as I've stated earlier that I'm trying to not let Ginty die, I'll vote for Logan1996.
    Oh cool, you fixed the part where Logan was self-voting, I didn't wanna say anything cuz I felt it'd be mean.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

You shouldn't have mentioned that in the first place.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I don't think Logan has posted at all. Looks like decent chance he's in the "signed up but then forgot about it before the game started" zone. Kgato is here to be pressured.

Oh, and my objection about the vote count wasn't that he missed some, but that he didn't include his own change, which he definitely would have known about . So it was knowingly outdated the moment it was posted.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think Logan has posted at all. Looks like decent chance he's in the "signed up but then forgot about it before the game started" zone. Kgato is here to be pressured.

Oh, and my objection about the vote count wasn't that he missed some, but that he didn't include his own change, which he definitely would have known about . So it was knowingly outdated the moment it was posted.
    kgato is also here to contribute, and has already done so at least a little bit without needing to be needled. They were also last online four hours ago when there was a lot less votes flying, and certainly long before there was more than a single measly vote on them. More than likely, they'll wake up in four hours and we'll at least get something.

Half the point of targeting the inactives is that if they don't rise to defend themselves, then nothing of value was lost - if a townie was going to die either way, may as well be one of the ones not posting, yes? Heck, I only went to Logan because there were votes on him; if there was 1 vote each on Logan and Duck, I'd vote Duck in a heartbeat cuz they know better.

EDIT: And the point about the vote count is noted, and yeah that makes sense.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-03-25 at 05:09 PM.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #147

BlueWizardGirl

This is mostly unrelated but wanna make sure people are aware of it: this game has 17 players, despite the OP's list going to 18. There's no #13, because it seems the list was typed by hand and mistakes were made. I'm saying as much because I spent a while trying to figure out which of the 18 players was missing from my voting spreadsheet since I only had 17 on there.
    We don't need the bad luck :)
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Look at me, joining a game for the first time in a while then waiting to be a full day late to post.

I have personally always been against day 1s that looked like this because the consensus at the end is that almost everyone is playing how they always play. On the other hand, the people who are willing to actually be active and participate are worth being kept alive for when there's more to analyze. For that sake, I'll vote Logan1996 for somehow posting less than me.

I am also always a little suspicious of people who seem to be incredibly confident about others on day one because in my experience there's nowhere near enough information to hit that level of confidence. There's nothing, especially on day one, that prevents a wolf from being active and "analyzing" when there's so little substantial content to analyze. I think some people here need to draw a line between "confident they're town" and "we should keep them alive because they're be more helpful if they are town."
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

29. - Top - End - #149

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler: The numbers what do they mean
    Show
    1. AvatarVecna
    2. gac3
    3. Valmark
    4. Logan1996
    5. kgato503
    6. Aventine
    7. Snowblaze
    8. rogue_alchemist
    9. Captain Cap
    10. Unavenger
    11. JeenLeen
    12. Xihirli?
    14. CaoimhinTheCape
    15. Libro
    16. Lex-Kat
    17. Duck999
    18. Mrs. McGinty

10 says 1
    7 says 1
    3 says 2
    18 says 7
    16 says 7
    12 says 12
    11 says 7
    6 says 16
    2 says 11
    5 says 1
    7 says 6
    18 says 6
    18 says 11
    9 says 18
    3 says 18
    14 says 18
    15 says 4
    10 says 8
    12 says 14
    1 says 17
    2 says 18
    18 says 3
    3 says 11
    18 says 5
    8 says 2
    6 says 14
    11 says 18
    1 says 1
    14 says 17
    1 says 14
    14 says 4
    3 says 4
    17 votes 4

From this we can tell... I'm not actually sure. I'm ill and headachey. But I'd like to hear from some of our lurkers.

10 says 5

kgato503 say something please.

EDIT: This is what I get for not reading properly, you have been saying things. 10 says 4, logan1996
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-03-26 at 08:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Spoiler: The numbers what do they mean
    Show
    1. AvatarVecna
    2. gac3
    3. Valmark
    4. Logan1996
    5. kgato503
    6. Aventine
    7. Snowblaze
    8. rogue_alchemist
    9. Captain Cap
    10. Unavenger
    11. JeenLeen
    12. Xihirli?
    14. CaoimhinTheCape
    15. Libro
    16. Lex-Kat
    17. Duck999
    18. Mrs. McGinty

10 says 1
    7 says 1
    3 says 2
    18 says 7
    16 says 7
    12 says 12
    11 says 7
    6 says 16
    2 says 11
    5 says 1
    7 says 6
    18 says 6
    18 says 11
    9 says 18
    3 says 18
    14 says 18
    15 says 4
    10 says 8
    12 says 14
    1 says 17
    2 says 18
    18 says 3
    3 says 11
    18 says 5
    8 says 2
    6 says 14
    11 says 18
    1 says 1
    14 says 17
    1 says 14
    14 says 4
    3 says 4
    17 votes 4

From this we can tell... I'm not actually sure. I'm ill and headachey. But I'd like to hear from some of our lurkers.

10 says 5

kgato503 say something please.

EDIT: This is what I get for not reading properly, you have been saying things. 10 says 4, logan1996
    *squints suspiciously*
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-03-25 at 05:21 PM.

My Homebrew