New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Questionable Content XV: I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! I Told You This Thread Was Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Really? Because I think I have been accidentally misreading "Cerebus Syndrome" as "Cerberus Syndrome" for... 15 years, give or take, and never realised that it was different until just now?

Please excuse me for just a moment, while I crawl away in order to find a hole in which I can die.
    Don't sweet it, you're hardly the first person to make a linguistic or spelling fox paw on the internet, right guys?

what?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content XV: I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! I Told You This Thread Was Weird

Melon...

Every time Jeph makes a joke at her expense, there's this little temptation to get a throwaway Twitter account and troll him for making fun of the "intellectually differently abled".
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Don't sweet it, you're hardly the first person to make a linguistic or spelling fox paw on the internet, right guys?

what?
    Eye just want two no what the joke ewe told was.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

So Yay Newfriend has become the ultimate rich-person troll, and I can't help but appreciate the insanity they're providing. Also, hypocorisms. Who in their right mind uses that as the setup for a joke? Good work, Newfriend. Hallelujah would be proud.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Plot twist, when they became a character instead of a plot device, they improved immensely.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #396
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Eye just want two no what the joke ewe told was.
    "f" as in "tough".
    "i" as in "women".
    "sh" as in "motion".

Hence the famous phrase, "there are plenty more ghoti in the sea."
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #397

"f" as in "tough".
    "i" as in "women".
    "sh" as in "motion".

Hence the famous phrase, "there are plenty more ghoti in the sea."
    Ok, I think I hate you as that was way too hard to put together and the payoff was so not worth it. /bows Thats on level with trying to decipher cockney rhyming slang.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Really? Because I think I have been accidentally misreading "Cerebus Syndrome" as "Cerberus Syndrome" for... 15 years, give or take, and never realised that it was different until just now?

Please excuse me for just a moment, while I crawl away in order to find a hole in which I can die.
    If it helps, it also took me months when I came across it.

I was hoping for a slightly more elaborate joke but I'm weirdly satisfied by this. Yay.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Really? Because I think I have been accidentally misreading "Cerebus Syndrome" as "Cerberus Syndrome" for... 15 years

GNU Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Ok, I think I hate you as that was way too hard to put together and the payoff was so not worth it. /bows Thats on level with trying to decipher cockney rhyming slang.
    'Ghoti' is famous enough to have its own Wikipedia page, so less hard than you might think.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Can somebody who isn't as colorblind as me tell me if Roko's eyes change color in the last panel? I guess you could tell me if you are as colorblind as I am, but that would be significantly less informative.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #402

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Can somebody who isn't as colorblind as me tell me if Roko's eyes change color in the last panel? I guess you could tell me if you are as colorblind as I am, but that would be significantly less informative.
    They seem to be about the same color, although they do look a bit brown-er than usual in the preceding panels.

Also, hi. Am no longer lurking
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-07-10 at 10:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I think it's just because her iris' are smaller, so they look more colourful than the other panels where her eyes look predominantly black.

That being said, in QC even some humans' eyes glow red when they're angry - Dora's have done it a few times - so the same thing happening to AI's isn't out of the question.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The eyes seem to normally be the color in the last panel when you are seeing the full pupil that's not contracted or at an angle. If they are contracted or at an angel they seem to be darker. This actually seems consistent looking at previous comics.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Dora's art shifted again.

It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

16. - Top - End - #406

RogueGuy

That was Dora? I thought Emily had inexplicably wound her way into Tai's wedding planning committee.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    That was Dora? I thought Emily had inexplicably wound her way into Tai's wedding planning committee.
    Dora has those gauges or plug ear piercings (I'm a little unclear on the distinction), that's about the only constant you can use to identify her from any other slim, black-haired character.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

As a patreon, I have seen tomorrow's strip and while I don't want to spoil it for people...

Oh thank god, it'll be much more tolerable now.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

The weird narrow dog is back! And she's making dog noises while looking faintly puzzled by the universe in general. Just because I really like this turn of events, doesn't mean I'm easily entertained.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

My dog's ears mostly just smell like dog sweat and dirt. Does living in Canada just make dogs smell better or something?

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

My dog's ears mostly just smell like dog sweat and dirt. Does living in Canada just make dogs smell better or something?
    Living in Canada makes everything better, is what I am told. I like dogs a lot but I can't confirm their ears smelling great either.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

just keep well clear of their mouth/breath
    especially if they are like mine and enjoy eating "cookies" from the kitty box........
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Canadian dog ears smell like poutine and beaver tails.

dammit, now I want a beaver tail.
    Last edited by Rodin; 2019-07-15 at 05:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #414

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    just keep well clear of their mouth/breath
    especially if they are like mine and enjoy eating "cookies" from the kitty box........
    Or like mine and eats its own "cookies" /shudder

25. - Top - End - #415
    Barbarian in the Playground

I honestly prefer the smell of my kitty's fur, thankyewverramuch.

And a prediction that the fanbase is going to squeeeeee tomorrow.
    "Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
    Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Some suburban dogs can get confused and start to roll around in smelly herbs like rosemary or lavender. Wouldn't be surprised if some dogs liked to roll around in fresh laundry. I assume that a dog that will willingly be bathed with soap and water will smell different? I assume the longboi goes outside on occasion. Through if the borzoi act like greyhounds, they don't go outside for very long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Dora, where were hiding that kris?

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Hanners is back, I'm happy.

Hanners is "cured" of her "problems"... eh, we'll see how that gets handled.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dora feels a bit flanderized to be honest. Coming a bit too quick to resort the threatening violence and pulling knives.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    Hanners is back, I'm happy.

Hanners is "cured" of her "problems"... eh, we'll see how that gets handled.
    She's been 'cured' of one problem, her phobic avoidance of physical contact. Let's not pole-vault to conclusions just yet.

I agree though, yay Hanners. The strip's been missing her uncomplicated cheer amidst all the angst and soap-boxing.