New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Empire II IC thread

Please refer to the Recruitment thread for rules and regulations. This game follows regular WW rules on cheating and other rules.

Players
    Castaras
    Kyrian
    Inky
    Janusnori
    Eldritch Knight
    Orzel
    Krursk
    Pingcode
    Shadow
    Flying Elephant
    Lord Magtok
    Ink
    J Muller
    Zar Peter
    Selrahc
    Joosbawx
    [Insert neat username here]
    Gnome Barbarian
    RoKAi
    Belethorian
    Helgraf
    Vespe
    Alarra
    ER
    Vicarin
    Meynolds
    Vonriel
    Xykon Fan
    Nomron
    Neodan
    Exachix

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    None yet

Atreyu, would you mind writing the death scenes for us, the poor narrorators?
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Empire II IC thread

Can I get the Mods to move this to structured games please? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

((Just for reference, the registration thread is HERE.))

Captain's log. Stardate 427368-5.

I.... really.... don't know if.... anyone has.... seen this.... thread.... but me. We should.... get to posting.... and.... get people.... to.... notice it. I.... point at.... Joosbaxw.... because he's.... probably.... going to.... get.... autolynched.... anyway....

I'd.... also.... like to state.... that.... I stole.... the first point.... from Cassie.... this time.... only so that.... we could.... get.... things.... rolling....

Sorry.... hun....
    Last edited by Shadow; 2007-06-09 at 01:38 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

The captain got a good point!

But he stole the first point from Cassie, let's kill him!

Noooo, not again. I have to suppress the voices! He's a good captain.

Zar Peter points at Joosebawx
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

(( Wehay, I'm the first pointer person of WW!

Actually, I didn't point 'cos I couldn't decide on a role. So... ))

A big blue police box appears in the corner of the room. The door opens, and a man with a brown hat, striped scarf, brown curly hair, and cheesy grin steps out. A young assistant steps out, looking around.

Doctor! It's just like out of Star Trek!

You don't say...

The assistant looks around at the people.

Doctor! Look!

The generic assistant points in the direction of Vespe Ratavo.

It's a Vulcan!
    Last edited by Castaras; 2007-06-09 at 04:15 PM. Reason: RED ALERT!
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

6. - Top - End - #6

A red light activates around the ship, as the Ship's Computer becomes fully active.

"Good morning, Dr. Bowman."

For some reason, the vulcan-built HALLE-9k always addressed people as 'Dr. Bowman' or 'Dave' or some variation of that sort.

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."

Silently, HAL deactivated Joosbawx's life support

7. - Top - End - #7

((Avvie by Mr_Saturn! Yay!))

Vespe Ratavo walks out onto the bridge.
    Yes, I am in fact a Vulcan, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. In fact, one might hypothesize that due to my obvious racial traits, I am in fact, less likely, if not completely an unlikely choice to be a Klingon.
    However, I shall refrain from pointing back at you, as you yourself have shown no signs of being a Klingon, and I am not Human, so no emotion of revenge exists as a motive for me to accuse you.

((Doctor Who? Yay! Next thing you know we're gonna have Eldar and Space Marines raiding the ship...))
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2007-06-09 at 08:02 PM.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

((there is a FLASH of light in the thread in the thread and a vaguely humanoid form appears, then blinks randomly around the ship, peering at each person, as if trying to determine who to choose))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

FOR THE EMPEROR!!! You here bellowed as a Space Marine boarding pod strikes the side of the ship. Brave space marine assault squads, backed up by the massive terminator assault squads come pouring in, followed at last by their commander in artificer armor. He looks around then swings his power sword up at Joosbawx and says, He is the Heretic, burn him!

What?

Hey its Empire II and it doesn't get much more imperial than the imperium of man.

10. - Top - End - #10

A random ensign comes running into the thick of things, completely freaking out. Did someone say away mission? What? No! Not me! Please not me! For the love of all that is holy, take him! Vonriel points at Joosbawx, obviously deathly scared of being chosen to go on an away mission.

((Hmm, it might be a bad idea to roleplay a random ensign, given the name of one of the roles, but whatever, I just wanna have fun with this one. ))
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

11. - Top - End - #11

This is ... highly irregular. But the procedures manual is clear.

*Helgraf points at Joosbawx.*
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

A man walks onto the bridge wearing a skeletal mask, a t-shirt that states "I (Heart) ", and a small holy symbol around his neck. He appears confused for a second before a flash suddenly replaces his clothing with a normal starfleet uniform. You notice that his hands are webbed, but you can't tell if he already had that before the flash, or if you just now noticed it.

"My name is XF. Now that I am in the proper state for this scenario, I will introduce myself. I won't say it's nice to meet you, because I don't really know if it is or not. However, it appears we have klingons in our midst, and it would be in my best interest to investigate them. As the man over there appears to be comatose and a Klingon by popular opinion, I suggest we start by jettisoning him." Points at Joosbawx

You can check out Zaldans here.
    Last edited by Xykon_Fan; 2007-06-10 at 01:14 AM.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

13. - Top - End - #13

DrowGirl

Doctor! What's happening?!

Hmm, well it seems to be that these people are voting to kill someone.

Why?!

I have no idea. But I think you pointing at that Vulcan there was a bad idea.

Why?! I'm not voting!

But they might think you are.

Oh! Sorry, mister Vulcan guy!

The assistant stops pointing at Vespe Ratavo.
    The Doctor turns to another random person nearby.

Excuse me, but could you tell us where we are? And perhaps, what year this is? And what is going on?
    Last edited by Castaras; 2007-06-10 at 04:05 AM. Reason: I seem to keep forgetting red stuff...
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Lieutenant Ink pushes a few buttons and shiny lights on some important-looking panels down in Engineering, trying to look busy as the Commander approaches.

"Commander, I've just recallibrated the fribillator on the vandurgy. The juntracition should now be functioning at 85% maximum capacity."

He receives a nod from the Commander and watches him walk past into the hallway.

"Meh."

Lieutenant Ink returns to reading stick-figure comics on his panel screen. He suddenly looks up and snaps his fingers.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot. Computer, initiate a point at Joosbawx."

15. - Top - End - #15

"I hope you know what you're doing, Dave." came the smooth, immaterial voice from somewhere, the omnipresent red eye suddenly replacing the stick figure comics on Ink's screen.

If there was anything a human being could do better than a HALLE-9k, it was making up random garbage. Bizarrely enough, the universe seemed to respond to this, and achieved whatever strange goal they had in mind.

"I've picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours."

And with a wrench, the universe warped the ship to feature an 'AE35 unit' that would fail within 72 hours.

With that, the glowing eye vanished, the oppressive visage replacing itself with the stick figures once again.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-06-10 at 07:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Ink blinks and shakes his head a few times.

"Whuh? I must be going crazy. For a second there I could've sworn I heard the computer call me 'Lieutenant' instead of 'Dave'. Must be all the hard work I do... getting to my brain. Lousy Commander, always giving me the long shifts."

"Now what the heck is an AE35, what in blazes does it do, and why the dickens is it malfunctioning? Lets see... AE35.. AE35... aha. Says here the AE35 unit supplies hot water to decks 13, 14, and 18. Bah! Screw that, they can all take cold water showers for all I care! I'm blowing this joint."
    Last edited by Ink; 2007-06-10 at 08:07 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by inky13112 View Post
    FOR THE EMPEROR!!! You here bellowed as a Space Marine boarding pod strikes the side of the ship. Brave space marine assault squads, backed up by the massive terminator assault squads come pouring in, followed at last by their commander in artificer armor. He looks around then swings his power sword up at Joosbawx and says, He is the Heretic, burn him!

What?

Hey its Empire II and it doesn't get much more imperial than the imperium of man.
    ((You win. You know what? Just stop the game people, Inky wins the entire freaking internet. ))

Vespe gives that look, and then walks around the bridge.
    I am perplexed. What, may I ask, has inclined you people to point at this "Joosbawx" fellow. Has he even reported for duty today? I shall decline from pointing until someone gives me a logical reason to logically logictate that this logically illogical fellow is logically a Klingon.

((They used the word "logic" way too much in that series. ))
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2007-06-10 at 08:41 AM.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

18. - Top - End - #18

Practically shaking in fear, the ensign looks at Vespe. You wanna know why? I'll tell you why. Every time a random ensign like myself is chosen for an away mission, we don't come back! First there was Ricky, then James, then Jonathan.. The list goes on, and I refuse to add my name to it! He looks around, panicking that he may have brought attention to himself, and makes ready to bolt down the hallway at the first sign of Shadow.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

XF looks disgusted for a second and rolls his eyes.

"Exactly, you dimwit. That's the point. He's in a comatose state and has not showed signs of life for several weeks. If he is a Klingon and we kill him, that's one less. If he is not a Klingon, we have killed a vegetable with little to no brain activity."

(Man! This character's gonna get me lynched so fast with this attitude! Please understand that Zaldans view politeness as lies and untruth and they prefer brutal honesty!)
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

*The humanoid form continues to flash around the bridge, peering at people and mirroring their images. It seems to be trying to decide on a form for itself. Finally it chooses a red and black uniform, with several rank pins, then orients on a scurrying crew member.*

You there! Conduct me to your superior being at once! I must decide who is at fault here for you lesser creatures' failures!

EDIT: ((Don't feel bad XF, I'm wondering how difficult it'll be to play a Q...we can commiserate together... ))
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2007-06-10 at 10:49 AM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

21. - Top - End - #21

A pale figure in a long blue gown materializes, claps twice, points at Joosbawx, and disappears again.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Captin's log - Stardate 427369-3

I... really... didn't expect... such.... a complete... routing... of ... Joos... with... that point... I... should probably... change... my vote... With the enormous... outpouring... of... calls for... Joos's... blood... he... has little... hope left... either... way... I've... never... seen... such a one... sided first... day in... all... my time... here... playing these... games...
    Last edited by Shadow; 2007-06-10 at 02:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

You. You do not belong here. Explain yourself to me now! Q flashes over to the blue box and points at Castaras, imperiously awaiting an explanation.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

24. - Top - End - #24

(ooooh, i have friends in town and missed this thread. I'll get a nice death scene up soon.....and I should probably write one for Joosbawx as well.)
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

25. - Top - End - #25
    janusnori
    Guest in the Playground

That malfunctioning Hal-9000 unit, Pingcode20, seemed to jump on to the bandwagon to pull the plug on the coma patient, thought JanusNori, one of the ships repairpeople.

"I'm afraid we might just have to scrap that computer, sir,"
    the repairman unfortunately reports to the engineering room.

"Which one, ensign?"

"That one, Pingcode, the Hal-9000,, its malfunctioning and will have to be removed!"

26. - Top - End - #26

((Well, I took the liberty of writing one for Joosbawx. My kill!

I'm kinda annoyed that I'm not one of the killers, though. It'd have been so much fun to play the Homicidal AI, who actually turns out to *be* a Homicidal AI.

Maybe I'll try writing out blind kills as HAL?

Unfortunately, at some stage someone's going to think I *am* a killer, and not just RPing one, and lynch me.

If I get nightkilled, could you PM me so I can write up my own death?))

"It can only be attributable to human error. This sort of thing has cropped up before, and it has always been due to human error." echoed the smooth, bond villian-like voice of HAL, whose name was HAL, not Pingcode, in response to the repairman's converation.

"Let me put it this way, Dr. Bowman. The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error."
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-06-10 at 07:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmmm...well, with statements like, "Unfortunately, at some stage someone's going to think I *am* a killer, and not just RPing one, and lynch me" it seems entirely likely that you are, indeed, a killer and simply trying to set a precedent that says, "Oh, I only seem like a killer because I'm RPing that way, not because I am one of the Klingons." Sorry, but I'm naturally paranoid. Now, of course, I could be wrong and simply reading too much into it. Please ignore me if you think this is the case. If Ping isn't one of the Klingons, and he is lynched by my lead, then it would be unfortunate for me to die simply because I pointed all this out.

Note: I will not be pointing at Ping until I have more reliable basis. I simply wanted to point all this out. I still say we go with Joos.

@V: Like I said, just pointing that out. It looks fishy. Like I also said, don't lynch him! We'll be basing his execution on almost nothing, and I don't want to take the risk that someone will kill me just because I was wrong!
    Last edited by Xykon_Fan; 2007-06-10 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Trying to be more succinct

28. - Top - End - #28

((Dang, missed this... short post.))

"Hmm... we should hold off judgment on our computer until we know more."
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

29. - Top - End - #29

((OOC: Meh. I may just bring about my end in a very 'Atreyu' way, by acting very suspiciously. Ah well, at least I'm nobody important, and I'm an obvious target for scry now.

"But lo, the computer was not a Klingon at all, but in fact just a garden variety murderer!"))

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC: Yeah, but you can't really ask us not to think you're suspicious and to throw you out there as a viable choice. I mean, you're kind of doing a lot of the reverse-psychology stuff a real Klingon would do, aren't you? But I guess the problem with doing this on the forums is that you can't see each other's faces. Most of the ways you can tell someone is lying are visual.))