New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default LGBTAI+ 53: The Nefarious Rainbow Syndicate

Welcome to the 53rd iteration of the LGBTAI thread!

Notice: This is mostly a support thread. There is an LGBTAI+ Q&A Thread right here.

The AI is for All-Inclusive because we have only so much space in the title, but everyone, regardless of orientation, direction, letter, acronym or chosen astrological symbol is welcome here!

We do, unfortunately, have a few rules. We are not an anarchist state! Or, we weren't until we voted we were? But shush.

1. We are primarily a support thread.
    This means that the primary focus should be in helping people here feel better; about themselves, about their lives, about their problems. We are also an education thread, but when helping someone learn involves not supporting, we will default to support - Mostly. We are only mostly human, after all.

All of the other rules are basically precisions of rule #1.

2. If you want answers to triggering topics, spoiler-box or ask them privately.
    Triggering topics are those which are likely to make other people feel bad, in any way whatsoever: for instance, rape, violence, bullying and many others may be triggering to some people. If someone, even just that one individual person, has a problem with a topic because it stirs demons best left in their pit, Do. Not. Bring. It. Up. Publicly. Use a spoiler box and think carefully about whether this is the place to broach the topic at all (see rule #1: "We are primarily a support thread.")

If you have questions or need help on something that involves triggering topics, please use spoiler tags and label your spoilers for trigger warnings. When in doubt, put trigger warnings.

3. Avoid discussing politics or religion.
    It doesn't matter how much these two topics intersect with our forum topic, they are verboten. Sometimes, hints are...looked over, such as, "Man, in my country being gay sucks," but detail is right out, and even that could be considered willful disregard. Be careful. As the moderators themselves often say, if you aren't sure, don't.

4. Do not discuss moral justification.
    No one here is going to discuss whether or not it's Right" or "Okay" to be LGBTAEIOUsometimesY or anything else. It's not topical, it's not relevant. We are, and we are here to cope with that and with the stresses it causes.
    And no, my joking acronym doesn't constitute considering this rule less important.

5. Do not post sexually explicit content.
    It's against forum rules, it's against decorum, and it will get us shut down pretty fast. What adults do behind closed doors is cool, and allusion is fine. Anything that could involve a diagram, though? No.

6. Avoid unfriendly debates.
    Several topics of conversation have created huge arguments that made several people uncomfortable and defied our goal of being a support thread. This is especially true debates of definition. These do not always end well, and are best avoided.

This thread has a past of traumatic experiences which we would rather not repeat, and some topics which have created (in)famous rows include:
    - the precise distinction between bi- and pansexual;
    - what is or isn't a polyamorous relationship;
    - whether transgender is more correct than transgendered.
    (Other topics may be added to the list.)
    Unless you need support or help about this, please refrain from bringing up these topics.

Also, if a conversation that is not about support runs long, spoiler it if possible, even if it is polite.

Glossary of Common Terms

For reference, here is a list of commonly-used words in our community along with their definitions. Please keep in mind that this vocabulary is constantly evolving and that this list may not be complete. Any contributions to the list are appreciated.
    Spoiler
    Show
    LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*

LGBTAI: LGBT+Asexual/Allies+Intersex/All-Inclusive

QUILTBAG:
    Q - Queer and Questioning
    U - Unidentified
    I - Intersex
    L - Lesbian
    T - Transgender/Transsexual
    B - Bisexual
    A - Asexual
    G - Gay, Genderqueer

GSRM: Gender, Sexuality, and Romantic Minorities; sometimes only GSM

Where a word below is in italics, that means it has its own entry on the list.

A note on labels: many of these labels are seemingly interchangeable, and for some people they are. However, please do not presume to correct or judge another person's use of a label. Bisexual and pansexual are especially tricky in this regard, as are transgender and transsexual to a lesser degree.
    Often the difference in why one person feels one label is appropriate and not another is deeply personal. If you wish to know more it is probably a topic to seek private advice on, from one of the people listed in the next section.

AFAB/AMAB: Assigned Female/Male at Birth

Agender: Someone who lacks a gender.

Androgyne: Gender Identity with male and female aspects.

Androsexual: A person who is attracted to men.

Asexual: A person who does not feel sexual attraction.

Bigender: Someone who identifies as both male and female (or as any two genders) either simultaneously or alternating. See also Genderqueer, Genderfluid

Binary, The: See: Gender Binary.

Bisexual: 1. attracted to two genders; 2. attracted to one's own gender and another gender; 3. attracted to various genders; 4. attracted to people regardless of gender; 5. ask the person who says they're bi what exactly they mean by that. See also Pansexual

Cis: See: Cisgender

Cisgender (CG): Somebody whose gender and sex align.

Demisexual: A person who is sexually attracted to someone only after they have formed an intense emotional relationship with them.

Dysphoria: The etymological opposite of "euphoria." A state of unease or generalized dissatisfaction. In this context, generally referring to the discomfort or dissociation Trans* people feel with their own body.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Female: See: Woman

Female-to-Male (FtM): Someone who was assigned female at birth, but is male. (AKA: trans man)

FAAB: Female Assigned at Birth.

Feminine: Something generally associated by society with women.

FFS: Facial Feminization Surgery: Surgery to reduce chin/nose/cheekbones. Associated primarily with MAAB Trans people

FtM: See: Female to Male

Gay: See: homosexual.

Gender Binary: The commonly held notion that there are only men and women on two extremes, with nothing in between.

Gender Expression (GE): How one expresses their Gender Identity to society.

Gender Identity (GI): How one feels inside society's idea of "man, woman, or other".

Genderfluid: Someone who fluctuates between different genders.

Genderqueer (GQ): Someone who is not of a binary gender; someone who is neither male nor female.

Gynosexual: A person who is attracted to women.

Heterosexual: A person who is attracted to members of the opposite gender.

Homosexual: A person who is attracted to members of their own gender.

HRT: Hormone replacement therapy. MtF's tend to progesterone, estrogens and androgen blockers, while FtM's take testosterone almost exclusively.

Lesbian: A woman who is attracted to women.

MAAB: Male Assigned at Birth.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Man/men: A cis man or trans man. Male.

Masculine: Something generally associated by society with men.

Pansexual: A person who is attracted to people regardless of gender. See also Bisexual

Polyamorous: A person who is interested in a relationship with more than one person.

Presenting: Trans* shorthand for appearing as their preferred gender, regardless of any HRT, SRS or other changes.

Trans*: Transsexual and Transgender primarily, with the asterisk denoting that the trans- prefix could be followed by any number of appropriate words. It also includes other labels, and is a catch-all term for people who identify as something other than their biological sex at birth.

Transgender: Used in reference to a person whose sex(body) and gender(mind) are at odds or do not match. A transgender person can also identify as genderqueer, transsexual, or may use transgender as their only identity.

Transitioning: The process a Trans* person undergoes to move to their preferred gender. Often includes HRT, SRS, FFS.

Transsexual: In common terms the same as transgender above. In medical terms refers specifically to people who wish to transition from male to female or female to male, not accommodating any other options.

SRS: Sex Reassignment Surgery: Surgery to replace/transform a vagina into a penis, or vice versa. Mastectomies or plastic surgery may be used on breasts.

Sexual Orientation (SO): How one identifies who they are attracted to.

Significant Other(s) (SO): Person(s) you are in a relationship with.

Third-gendered: Someone who fits in a local society's third gender, usually male performing female tasks, occasionally vice versa. Also a person who feels they do not identify with any other gender identity.

Woman: A cis woman or trans woman. Female.

Allies: Heterosexual-Cisgender people who support equality for sexual, gender, and romantic minorities.

Private Consultation.

We have a list of people whoa re willing and able to discuss topics that may not be thread-appropriate but are still topical. They can be reached by Personal Message (PM), thought they may not respond immediately, or may be on sabbatical.

Spoiler: Topical Consultants
    Show

Name: Especially familiar with the topic(s) of
    Absol197: Gender identity issues.
    Philemonite: Relationships, depression.
    Astrella: GSRM rights, feminism, trans stuff, Skype.
    Chess435: Skype.
    Eirala: Trans stuff (esp emotional issues), Skype(no voice or video, however).
    Eldest: General/basics, bisexuality, polyamory, pansexuality will Skype(voice if needed, no video).
    Enrico Dandolo (Caroline): Trans stuff, mental health, feminism, asexuality, hugs, make-up advice. PM first, Skype chat if asked.
    Golentan: Mental health, fluid and questioning sexualities, and issues arising from sexual trauma.
    HMS Sophia: Trans stuff (esp hormones).
    inuyasha: Shoulder on which to cry, someone to listen.
    Irish Musician: PM, Rants/Venting.
    KenderWizard: General/basics, gender and feminism, bisexuality.
    Kesnit: Trans stuff (FtM), legal issues.
    Lea Plath: Genderfluidity.
    Lentrax: General/basics, depression, bullying.
    Lix Lorn: General/basics.
    Lycunadari: Genderqueer and agendered.
    Metditto: PM/Skype for L, T, GQ, BDSM(Off-thread or Spoiler Triggered), demisexual, feminism, therapy, depression, dissociative identities.
    Musashi: General/basics, asexuality/demisexuality, depression.
    Mystic Muse: Skype-y goodness.
    noparlpf: General/basics, asexuality, greysexuality, biology, Skype.
    Partysan: PM/Skype, polyamory, pansexuality, BDSM(Off-thread or Spoiler Triggered), Rants/Venting.
    Socratov: Skype-ness.
    TaiLiu: General Transgender information, transphobia.
    Warkitty: Academic/technical discussions, Make-up advice.
    Wormwood74: Transgender legal issues, transgender outside contacts.

Some people are also willing to talk off-board, through Skype or email or other means; this is especially useful if your question involves board-forbidden topics such as religion or politics. Also, we can't (and ethically shouldn't!) give medical advice. If you need medical advice, please see a professional!

And as a parting note, I will say that even though moderators do not read PMs, they are still part of the forum and still subject to forums rules. Non-allowed topics and discussion should NOT be conducted via PM.

Previous Incarnations

Like the Glorious and Unconquered Sun, we have risen, lived, died, and risen anew, with many faces, many voices, many hearts. In this past, much can be found, both good, and bad, should one be brave or perhaps, foolish, enough to seek it.

Spoiler: Past Threads
    Show
    1. LGBT people in the playground
    2. LGBT people in the playground - part II
    3. LGBTitp - part III
    4. LGBTitp 4: We are a family?
    5. LGBTitp - Part Five
    6. LGBTitp - Part Six
    7. LGBTitp - Part Seven
    8. LGBTitp - Part Eight
    9. LGBTitp - Part Nine
    10. LGBTAitp - Part Ten
    11. LGBTAitp - Part Eleven
    12. LGBTAitp - Part Twelve
    13. LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen
    14. LGBTAitp - Part Fourteen
    15. LGBTAitp - Part Fifteen
    16. LGBTAitp - Part Sixteen
    17. LGBTAitp - Part Seventeen
    18. LGBTAitp - Part Eighteen!
    19. LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen
    20. LGBTAitp - Part Twenty - Critical Hit!
    21. LGBTAitp - Part Twenty-One - BLACKJACK!
    22. LGBTAitP Part 22: The Best There Is
    23. LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?
    24. LGBTAitP: Alphabet Soup-with 24 different Vitamins!
    25. LGBTAitP part 25: Doing Away With Subtitles
    26. LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles
    27. LGBTAitP 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax
    28. LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!
    29. LGBTAitP #29: The Rainbow Outreach Program
    30. LGBTAitP 30: Free Cuddles (Enquire Within)
    31. LGBTAitP #31: Cuddles Are On Back Order. Have Some Snuggles!
    32. LGBTAitp #32: The Great Plushie Invasion!
    33. LGBTAitp #33: The Thread at the End of the Rainbow!
    34. LGTAitP #34: <3!!
    35. LGBTAitp #35: What Midlife Crisis? :3
    36. LGBTAitp #36: May Contain Bites!
    37. LGBTAitP #37: Once upon a time...
    38. LGBTAitP #38: Once More With Feeling!!
    39. LGBTAitP #38: Making Your Way in the World Today....
    40. LGBTAitP #40: Technicolour Partyboat
    41. LGBTAitp #41 - Imprecise Terminology Supercenter
    42. LGBTAitp #42: Better Than Skittles/The Meaning of Life!
    43. LGBTAitp #43 [Insert snappy subtitle here]
    44. LGBTAIitP #44: Quick, We Need To Vote A New Title!
    45. LGBTAIitP #45: Rainbow Anarchy
    46. LGBTAitP #46: I Cast Prismatic Hugs
    47. LGBTAIitp #47: Weather Control Central
    48. LGBTAIitp #48: For a Cuddly Tomorrow!
    49. LGBTAIitp #49: Please check all baggage before boarding the Rainbow Rail Road
    50. LGBTAI+ #50: Warning: This Thread Has Exceeded its Maximum Awesome Level
    51. LGBTAI+ 51: Lay That Hammer Down!
    52. LGBTAI+ 52: Aces High

Webcomics that touch on... Well, everything related to the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Venus Envy. Long dead webcomic. The creator has chosen not to continue it and move forward in life.
    Rain. A story of a MtF girl in high school.
    Khaos Komix.As the creator puts it(from his site): "A complete GLBTWTFBBQ comic about gender and sexuality. (Trigger warnings for EVERYTHING and nothing is safe for work.)"
    Always Raining Here. "Adrian is heartsick, Carter is horny. This is a story about their misadventures as awkward teenagers as they fumble through unrequited romances."
    Tripping over you.An awkward blind date leads to better options.
    Questionable Content. The LGBTA characters are fairly well done, and not stereotypes.
    What's normal anyway. "What’s Normal Anyway? is a comic that discusses the trans male experience through the story of Mel, who takes the big risk of being himself and transitioning from female to male."
    Princess. A webcomic.
    Twokinds. Keveak: "It generally portrays GRSM matters positively and is quite a nice tale overall."
    Misfile The Rose Dragon: "Ash is a young boy who, as a result of a screw-up in Heaven, gets stuck in a girl's body in a life he doesn't recognize, and has to deal with the changes and challenges of his new body while trying to get back his old life. Supernatural hijinks and car racing are involved."
    I know I missed a few webcomics, and if anyone finds more, feel free to PM them to me with a brief description, and I will add them.

The Brand New LGBTA Arts & Crafts Thread!
    Last edited by Jaycemonde; 2014-11-16 at 10:18 PM. Reason: added tag
    vape naesh

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAI+ 53: The Nefarious Rainbow Syndicate

Hey! Good morning, new thread

Something I pulled yesterday: "I don't have a problem with allies. Many of my friends are allies!"

Aaaaand I wrote an article about youth, gender and clothing restrictions at school. (I write a lot these days. Is there a problem with my sharing stuff all the time?)
    Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

New thread. Excellent. I told another of my friends yesterday. She was accepting. I feel I was a bit rude to her. Because she is a bit socially awkward and withdrew because I was trying to find a way to tell her privately. So someone started a weird conversation with me which ended up being about her sexuality (she is Pansexual). But I ended up writing a note saying I was questioning my gender. So it worked.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Yaaay thread.

5. - Top - End - #5

Just noting that it might be useful to add romantic orientations to the list as well. Basically, any [blank]sexual orientation can have a corresponding [blank]romantic term.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Currently playing as Atalanta/Artemis in Arcran's Pocket Monsters Online! (OOC|IC)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Aaaaand I wrote an article about youth, gender and clothing restrictions at school. (I write a lot these days. Is there a problem with my sharing stuff all the time?)
    Appreciate your sharing, means I can come in and find stuff written by you without having to work out blog subscriptions ... I'm bad at figuring out what to get by e-mail, as evidenced by the fact I now occasionally get e-mails regarding petitions in French. Whoops. ><

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey! Good morning, new thread

Something I pulled yesterday: "I don't have a problem with allies. Many of my friends are allies!"
    As a friend of the family, this amuses me.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

A cute boy messaged me last night!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Came across a new LGBT+ alternative acronym - MOGAI. Stands for Marginalised Orientations, Gender Alignments, and Intersex. What do people think?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Came across a new LGBT+ alternative acronym - MOGAI. Stands for Marginalised Orientations, Gender Alignments, and Intersex. What do people think?
    As long as we don't get it wet or feed it after midnight...
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Ideally, you want your group name to tell others who you are, not what people used to think of you or how they used to treat you. (Not saying there's no marginalization, but compare to ten, twenty, fifty and a hundred years ago. Openly gay people could be imprisoned and sterilized once upon a time and now courts are shooting down gay marriage bans like a flak cannon at a clay pigeon range over here. Teenagers in forty years may not have a clue which orientations are marginalized, or why anyone would bother marginalizing anyone over their orientation, but they'll know what LGBT means.)

Also, you want someone coming into the middle of a conversation to be able to tell that you're talking about a group of real-life people instead of a scifi/fantasy race they haven't yet run across.

Or possibly an organization of men named Moe. Or an organization of depressed men. The Moe Guys. Their symbol is a limp arrow hanging off a sadface emoticon.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

12. - Top - End - #12

Nice.

(I write a lot these days. Is there a problem with my sharing stuff all the time?)
    I don't think it's a problem. Maybe we can put your blog in the list of reading material.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGriffin View Post
    Just noting that it might be useful to add romantic orientations to the list as well. Basically, any [blank]sexual orientation can have a corresponding [blank]romantic term.
    That's a great idea, but I have no idea how to format stuff like that and I'm supposed to be spending the majority of my time today writing an essay. If someone else can throw this list of romantic orientations together and give it to me, I could just stick it in no problem.

I like it. Personally, I think "Non-Traditional" would be more recognizable for other people, or perhaps just "Multiple" instead of "Marginalized", but that's all future stuff for the future when we aren't entirely marginalized. For now, it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Or possibly an organization of men named Moe. Or an organization of depressed men. The Moe Guys. Their symbol is a limp arrow hanging off a sadface emoticon.
    Okay, I have to admit that I giggled at that one.
    vape naesh

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

I don't like the implication that we are, by necessity, marginalised or that that's what defines us.

14. - Top - End - #14

That's why I prefer Non-Traditional (which still has a couple issues) or just Multiple.
    vape naesh

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Excellent title choice, sirs and madams and such. Eeexxceeeelent choice.

I think it fails the basic test of immediate recognizability. If we are changing for accuracy, GSRM (gender sexual and romantic minorities) would work best.

Solves the issue of "gay doesn't mean homosexual, it means man who likes man" thing you get from having both gay and lesbian in the accronym...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I know, right? I effectively gave a thread its subtitle! This is cause for celebration! *airpunches*

In other news, my family seems to be a lot more understanding of pansexuality now. So that's great.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gender Alignment makes me think of D&D, but there you go.

On the whole, like QUILTBAG, I can kinda see where it came from, but don't see much utility in choosing to use it over GS(R)M, if one is wanting to get into technical language. If it's not to get into technical language, then I've completely missed what niche it's aiming for.

Also, suspiciously close to Mogwai, as golentan has mentioned, and NoGays/NoGuys. Also Mo'Gays/Mo'Guys, come to think of it, though that's less suspicious, I suppose.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-10-17 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Kind of proud of the city I work for, today. Added a bunch of LGBTAI stuff to our benefits program. Might not be perfect, but they are trying and that makes me happy.

Spoiler
    Show
    As an inclusive employer, it is imperative we recognize the different family structures that exist within our organization and adapt by offering similar benefits to employees who have varied family units. Therefore, as of today, same gender married employees are able to take sick leave, bereavement leave, catastrophic illness leave and family medical leave (FMLA) for his/her spouse and children. Once verified by Human Resources, employees with domestic partners are eligible to use these leave benefits for their domestic partner (same and opposite gender) and/or domestic partner’s children.

In addition, effective January 1, 2015, the city will offer health benefits to same gender married couples, domestic partners (same and opposite gender) and their dependent children. Human Resources will conduct a special open enrollment period for domestic partners and same gender spouses December 1st-8th. Additional information regarding enrollment requirements will be released late November in preparation for the special open enrollment period.

Please see the enclosed Frequently Asked Questions for additional information and requirements regarding the City’s updated policies and benefit provisions. A webinar will be released next week for supervisors regarding the application of the aforementioned policies.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey folks.

As a couple of you may know, shortly after I started a counselling course in January with a view to becoming a gender therapist, I started receiving counselling to help with some personal issues. One of those was getting in touch with some of my more controlled feelings. After a session yesterday, which was very unsettling for me, I woke up this morning not feeling like myself.A couple of the people here helped me break out of that mood, for which I'm very grateful. The reason I mention it here is because towards the end of a nice evening with my brother-in-law, we flipped the TV on and *that* episode of South Park was on. I watched about 5 minutes of it before my brother-in-law changed channel but I felt furious - more angry than I'd felt in a long, long time. I'm only an ally - I have no real idea what's like to live as a transgender person, only via accounts from friends. If I felt that angry about the way trans people are portrayed in the media as an ally, I can't even imagine what some of you must feel like as trans people. I hope in time I can harness my anger and use it to change things for the better, even if it's only on a very small scale.

20. - Top - End - #20

The few bits I've seen of that episode weren't actually all that bad. South Park presents things in a generally pretty gross way, of course, but there was a great deconstruction/analysis of that whole episode on Tumblr (I'll go find it and post it here later, in case anyone wants to see) that explains what it was going for.

And that's all I'll say on the matter, since it'll start arguments.

I'm happy to hear you're getting out of your funk, by the way.
    Last edited by Jaycemonde; 2014-10-17 at 06:51 PM.
    vape naesh

21. - Top - End - #21
    Firbolg in the Playground

I still prefer GSRM.

As long as we don't get it wet or feed it after midnight...
    Yeah, there's that too.

RE: South Park:
    I saw two frames on tumblr yesterday. They might have been from that episode? Something about how transphobes should have their own special bathroom to keep them away from the normal people who don't care which bathrooms trans people use.
    Jude P.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I think it fails the basic test of immediate recognizability. If we are changing for accuracy, GSRM (gender sexual and romantic minorities) would work best.

Solves the issue of "gay doesn't mean homosexual, it means man who likes man" thing you get from having both gay and lesbian in the accronym...
    I don't know the accuracy, but I'm told that GSRM was originally coined as an attempt to roll paedophilia in under the umbrella. Apparently this is prompting a swing away from it. Iono.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Lightbulb Re: LGBTAI+ 53: The Nefarious Rainbow Syndicate

Both LGBTAI and MOGAI already can cover pedophilia though. So logically that's a wash, and viscerally I've seen that only this once compared to the numerous descriptions of replacing the otherwise exclusionary alphabet soup.

*shrug*

E: someone brought up a thing.

what about HASOGI? (Harmless Alternative Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity)?

it covers both axises (sexual: gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual, gender: transgender, agendered, so on....) while excluding pedophilia, because pedophilia is harmful, as well as excluding any other form of this that can be harmful to others.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2014-10-17 at 09:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Pardon me but does anybody know the word for when women after they were married would be removed from the public eye sort of. Their legal identity in a way absorbed. So Ms. Soandso would then be recorded as Mrs. Husbands Name. And property would enter the husbands possession maybe? I think I heard a term for it once and I wanted to use it in a paper on Frankenstein I am writing for a literature class.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Both LGBTAI and MOGAI already can cover pedophilia though. So logically that's a wash, and viscerally I've seen that only this once compared to the numerous descriptions of replacing the otherwise exclusionary alphabet soup.

*shrug*

E: someone brought up a thing.
    Just to bring up, child abuse is harmful. Pedophilia is tragic. There's a difference.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Sooo my mom freaked out at the thought of transitioning because of having to be on pills for the rest of my life, and it being bad for health and why can't I just figure out how to stop feeling dysphoric? I mean, I only want to transition because I'm uncomfortable with my body and the role I'm supposed to fit into in society! (Is that not a reason for wanting to transition though? Why else would you do it? Also I was sick as a kid and I've been taking pills of some kind or another since I was like seven so there's that...)

27. - Top - End - #27

Just to bring up, child abuse is harmful. Pedophilia is tragic. There's a difference.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I turned eighteen a year before my boyfriend did. Seeing as we were in a long-distance relationship we couldn't really do anything normal couples do Ḥ̭̦̘̟O̝̥͉̯͚͟R͚̦̖͠RI͔̜͔͝BL̞͓̭̗̤͚̻E̛̖ ̳͎̬̯͔ͅA̰͍͈͕̕N̞̦͕͖̹D͓͍̞̰̗ ͘D҉̻̟̝ͅE̩̩̩͇̹̝P̹̮͇̟̮͎R̘̥̀A͕̻͖V̗E͕͓D̫̮̰ anyway, but it was a pretty tense year all around, since we had to be careful not to do anything we normally would be able to do, like flirt over the phone. We're both properly legal now, though. Point is, some borderline cases are stupid and shouldn't even count. I'm not going to comment on anything greater than a 17/18 difference, though. This is all I'll say on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by byzantineblue View Post
    Sooo my mom freaked out at the thought of transitioning because of having to be on pills for the rest of my life, and it being bad for health and why can't I just figure out how to stop feeling dysphoric? I mean, I only want to transition because I'm uncomfortable with my body and the role I'm supposed to fit into in society! (Is that not a reason for wanting to transition though? Why else would you do it? Also I was sick as a kid and I've been taking pills of some kind or another since I was like seven so there's that...)
    Your mom sounds lovely. Sorry you have to go through that, I know how you feel.
    Last edited by Jaycemonde; 2014-10-17 at 11:17 PM.
    vape naesh

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycemonde View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I turned eighteen a year before my boyfriend did. Seeing as we were in a long-distance relationship we couldn't really do anything normal couples do Ḥ̭̦̘̟O̝̥͉̯͚͟R͚̦̖͠RI͔̜͔͝BL̞͓̭̗̤͚̻E̛̖ ̳͎̬̯͔ͅA̰͍͈͕̕N̞̦͕͖̹D͓͍̞̰̗ ͘D҉̻̟̝ͅE̩̩̩͇̹̝P̹̮͇̟̮͎R̘̥̀A͕̻͖V̗E͕͓D̫̮̰ anyway, but it was a pretty tense year all around, since we had to be careful not to do anything we normally would be able to do, like flirt over the phone. We're both properly legal now, though. Point is, some borderline cases are stupid and shouldn't even count. I'm not going to comment on anything greater than a 17/18 difference, though. This is all I'll say on the matter.
    From where I am from 1 year is perfectly legal.

On another note, I lovey our resident Goat!

@Blue - I am sorry, I hope internet hugz help

M
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

29. - Top - End - #29
    Banned

I'm not endorsing either way and I don't think differentiating the word from what people think the word means is useful in the context of representing the layman opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by byzantineblue View Post
    "Mom, guess what! I found out how to get rid of my dysphoria - FOREVER!

Taking a pill everyday.

In fact, it's so effective that it's the recommended treatment even by doctors who don't think my issues are even valid! How's that for endorsement! Guys who recognize the issue as existing and fixed by the thing they don't like. It's so good even they admit it's worth doing!"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycemonde View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    {scrubbed}
    Last edited by SMEE; 2014-11-02 at 04:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show