New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Races for Video Game-inspired campaign settings - the Rebirth!

Back on the old gleemax forums I had a thread of the same name that people seemed to like, so I figured, "hey, let's bring it back!"

And so I did.

Races to cover will include those from The Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Warcraft, Starcraft and other games, whether they are series or not. Because the fluff for these races is prettymuch already written, I will focus on the mechanics, though I welcome people who wish to write up flavour text for the races as to how they fit into a DnD world or even a specific campaign setting. (Faerûn Moogles, Eberron Laguz, Dark Sun Draenei, Ravenloft Goron?)

EDIT: Line-up of requests in the order I will probably make them! Most of these I probably will need some help with, so they may take time.
    1. Protoss (Starcraft)
    2. Orochi's snake people (Warriors Orochi)
    3. Dragon Force (Immortals)
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2011-05-03 at 10:24 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Races for Video Game-inspired campaign settings - the Rebirth!

Donkey Kong:
    Kong, LA+0

Final Fantasy:
    Lilty, Crystal Chronicles, LA+0
    Puffball Moogle, Crystal Chronicles, LA+0
    Selkie, Crystal Chronicles, LA+0
    Yuke, Crystal Chronicles, LA+0

Fire Emblem:
    Cat Laguz, LA+1
    Dragon Laguz, 2 RHD, LA+2
    Hawk Laguz, LA+1
    Heron Laguz, LA+2
    Lion Laguz, 2 RHD, LA+1
    Raven Laguz, LA+1
    Tiger Laguz, 2 RHD, LA+1
    Wolf Laguz, LA+1

Halo:

Legend of Zelda:
    Goron, LA+3 version
    Korok, 3 RHD version
    Rito, LA+1 version
    Twili, LA+0
    Zora, LA+2 version

Mario:
    Koopa, LA+0
    Winged Koopa, LA+0
    Yoshi, LA+0
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2011-05-03 at 10:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

First up, a reposting of my old renditions of Zelda races - which, due to less experience with homebrew back then, will require future tweaking, but I intend to make the higher-LA ones into LA+0 versions anyway. This is to serve mainly as a sample of what is to come.

Goron
    Spoiler
    Show
    —+6 Str, -4 Dex, +8 Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis; Gorons are incredibly strong and tough; in fact, most adult gorons are stronger than most of the other humanoids, orcs and minotaurs included. However, they are far from agile, and their senses are a little dull.
    —Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Earth)
    —Base speed: 20 ft.; Gorons are quite slow on their feet.
    —Fire Acclimated: Gorons have fire resistance 15; they are accustomed to enduring high temperatures due to having lived in volcanic areas for as long as they can remember.
    —Cold Vulnerability: Because they are so acclimated to hot areas, gorons are weak to cold and take 50% more damage from cold-based spells and effects.
    —Powerful Build: The physical stature of gorons lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger.
    Whenever a goron is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the goron is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him.
    A goron is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A goron can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
    —Hard-Rocked: A goron’s body is made up of really tough minerals, which can have its advantages. For one, they can eat rocks to fulfill their hunger, and they also have a +5 natural armour bonus. Their strong mineral bodies also grant them the ability to ignore 10 points of hardness whenever striking an object with their natural weapons.
    —Rock and Roll: A goron can curl up into a ball and roll over the ground as a means of attack or quicker transportation. While curled up, a goron gains a +4 shield bonus, losing any shield bonus he already possessed from objects, but keeping the bonus from magic items, spells and powers, and this bonus in fact stacks with that. He also gains a +4 bonus to Hide, but only when not moving.
    A goron can roll over the ground while in ball form, and he has a movement speed of 10 ft while in ball form. If he makes a full-round action to move in a straight line, this movement speed increases to 20 ft. in the next round, and if he uses another full-round action to move in a straight line, his movement speed increases to 60 ft. on the round after that. The goron must be moving into the same direction at all times, and may move 5 ft to the left or right for every 15 feet that he moves forward and still gain the movement speed increases. If the goron moves more than 5 ft to the left or right per 15 feet that he moves forward, he will not gain the movement speed increases in the round after that.
    If a goron hits a creature while rolling, treat it as a bull-rush attempt that allows no attack of opportunity and on which the goron has a +4 bonus. On a successful attempt, the goron may deal damage equal 2d6+1½ times the goron’s Str modifier. He deals another 1d6 damage for every 10 ft that he pushes the creature back.
    —Truly Massive: Because a goron is so massive, they have a +4 bonus to resist bulrush and trip attempts, but they automatically fail all swim checks. A goron also has two slam attacks that deal 1d6+Str mod damage.
    ¬—Material Man: Because a goron is made out of minerals, they do not need to breathe.
    —Gorons have a +2 bonus on Craft checks related to metal and stone.
    —Code of Honour: Gorons value honour, and they all adhere to a code that pretty much functions as the only universal law to them:
    1. Brotherhood above all. Gorons address pretty much anyone they respect with ‘brother’, including all gorons (minus the ones who broke the code) and friends, even if they are female.
    2. Agreements are forever. Gorons will never willingly break an agreement. Their word is binding, and when they promise something, they mean it.
    3. Fight like a man. Or a rock. Gorons do not flee in the face of danger.. While they do not welcome death as some insane bands of warriors sometimes claim, they do not shun it. They also fight honourably, without the use of underhanded tactics (although they will not prevent others from fighting dishonourably and might even take part in a dishonourable tactic if they can reason that it somehow does not break their code).
    4. Respect the stronger and the elder. Especially if they are both. Gorons respect those who are stronger than them and those who are older than them. They will always regard one who has defeated them in an honourable one-on-one fight (or wrestling match) as a ‘brother’.
    —Automatic Languages: Common, Terran
    —Bonus Languages: Aquan, Elven, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Undercommon.
    —Favoured Class: Battledancer
    —LA: +3

Korok
    Spoiler
    Show
    — -6 Str, +6 Dex, -4 Con, +2 Wis, +2 Cha; Korok.
    —Tiny Fey
    —Base speed of 20 ft, fly speed of 30 ft. (poor)
    —Low-light vision.
    —+2 natural armour. A korok’s plantlike body grants it some protection against attacks.
    —Racial Hit Dice: A korok starts out with 3 levels of Fey, granting it 3d6 HD, as well as (6 + Int mod) x 6 skill points and one feat, a Fort save of +1, a Ref save of +3 and a Will save of +3.
    —Spell-like Abilities: At will–speak with plants, 3/day–entangle.
    —Automatic Languages: Sylvan
    —Bonus Languages: Common, Goron, Halfling, Auran, Timber.
    —Favoured Class: Bard

Rito
    Spoiler
    Show
    —+2 Dex, +2 Wis.
    —Medium Humanoid (rito)
    —Base speed of 30 ft, fly speed 60 ft (average) (only after the Ritual of Valoo)
    —Keen sight: Rito have a +4 bonus on Spot checks and +2 on Knowledge (geography).
    —Ritual of Valoo: Rito do not possess wings during their childhood. Once they near adulthood they become candidates for the Ritual of Valoo, where they travel up Dragon Roost Mountain to meet with the dragon Valoo (celestial advanced half-red dragon great wyrm gold dragon) who gives them one of his scales. This is used in a magic ritual by Rito elders that grant them their wings. The Ritual of Valoo may only be performed by Rito who have reached 5 HD.
    —Automatic Languages: Common, Chozo
    —Bonus Languages: Sylvan, Celestial, Auran, Auqan
    —Favoured Class: Ranger
    —LA: +1

Twili
    Spoiler
    Show
    —+2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha
    —Medium Humanoid (twili, extraplanar)
    —Base speed of 30 ft
    —Darkvision out to 60 ft
    —+1 deflection bonus to AC.
    —SLAs: 1/day—shadow walk.
    —+4 bonus on all Hide checks.
    —Darkness Aptitude: Twili are apt with darkness and the magic that it holds. The DCs for shadow and darkness spells increases by 1.
    —Light Vulnerability: Twili take an extra 50% damage from light spells.
    —Automatic Languages: Common, Twilit
    —Bonus Languages: Giant, Terran, Auran, Ignan, Aquan.
    —Favoured Class: Sorcerer

Zora
    Spoiler
    Show
    —+2 Str, +6 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha; Zora are very agile and generally are pleasant to be around if they are not angry. However, they are slightly less tough than other races and tend to be less intelligent.
    —Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Water)
    —Base speed of 30 ft, swim speed of 40 ft.
    —Low-light vision.
    —Bioluminescence: Whenever a zora is underwater, they shed light like a candle.
    —Bioelectricity: A zora can create a field of electricity around themselves. It takes a standard action to use and has a range of 5 ft. that deals 1d6 points of damage per 2 HD the zora has. Creatures get a Reflex save with a DC of 10 + ½ zora’s HD + zora’s Con mod for half damage.
    —Fire and Cold Vulnerability: Zoras are not acclimated to hot areas and their aquatic-adapted physique makes them vulnerable to cold. Zoras take 50% more damage from fire- and cold-based spells and effects.
    —Fin blade: A zora can increase the size of their arm-fins a little and make them sharper. They can function as natural weapons that deal 1d8 points of damage.
    —Great Swimmers: Zoras have a +8 bonus on Swim checks, they may use their Dex modifier instead of their Str modifier on Swim checks, and they may take 10 on Swim checks.
    —+1 natural armour. A zora’s scales provides them with a little bit of protection.
    —Automatic Languages: Common, Aquan [Zora]
    —Bonus Languages: Terran, Sylvan, Elven, Halfling.
    —Favoured Class: Duskblade
    —LA: +2

Feat: Zola Defiance
    You have defied the laws of the zora and left their society forever.
    Prerequisites: Zora, BAB +3, evil alignment, must have cut all ties with zora society
    Benefit: You gain a line-shaped breath weapon with a range of 30 ft that deals 1d6 points of fire damage for every 2 HD you possess. A Reflex save (DC 10 + ½ zora’s HD + zora’s Con mod) halves the damage.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Yooooshiiii Doooo Eeeeeet.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Woo! Good to see these are back!
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Yooooshiiii Doooo Eeeeeet.
    *smacks forehead* Duh! Of course! Forgot to include Mario in the sample video games. I had created a Koopa race too! Oughta dig up the stats, wherever I left them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    Ooh, a feat for the Zora monsters, nice touch.

I eagerly await these
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Woo! Good to see these are back!
    Hey now, I couldn't wait too long before I'd eventually do it!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I knew I had seen Twili d20 stats somewhere around here before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ohh, requesting Starcraft dudes. Especially protoss! And Yoshi.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

moogles moogles moogles moogles mooooooooooooogles!!!!!
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    I knew I had seen Twili d20 stats somewhere around here before.
    I haven't ever posted these on GiantITP before, so unless you've been to Gleemax, you misremember.

Otherwise... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    moogles moogles moogles moogles mooooooooooooogles!!!!!
    Moogles shall require multiple versions, due to there being many differently-looking moogles throughout the games and differently-fluffed in each game. An FFXII/FFTA version, an FFIX/FFCC version...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Requesting Jackals from Halo. A fast and wiry race.

Also Orochi's snake people from Warriors Orochi.

Edit: Argonians and Bretons from the Elder Scrolls series too plz.

Last edited by Jarrick; 2010-10-28 at 02:56 PM.
    "To play a fighter is to play the game.
    To play a wizard is to understand the rules.
    To understand the rules, and play a fighter, is to understand the game."
    -Lycar
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Two Mario-based races. Yoshis are to come in the future, as I'll have to figure out how to work with their tongue-egg stuff. Also, in the meantime I'd like to refer anyone here to the current Potpourri Creation Contest and vote! It's not much of a contest if only the creators vote in it, after all!

Koopa
    Spoiler
    Show
    The creature before you stands slightly hunched due to the shell it wears, covering its entire torso. Its bald, reptilian, turtle-like head has a set of large, intelligent eyes set into it that try to seize you up. The beak-like mouth moves slowly as if the creature is mumbling, talking to itself. Its shoed feet tap lightly on the hard earthen floor to a rhythmic beat that you cannot hear. Then, suddenly, it retreats into its shell and begins to spin into a green whirlwind. David, make a Will save or suffer from a backlash to your old acid trips…

—+2 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha
    —Medium Humanoid (reptilian)
    —Base speed of 20 ft, however, Koopa can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armour or carrying a medium or heavy load.
    —+1 natural armour
    —Shell Retreat (Ex): a Koopa has the ability to retreat back into its shell with its limbs and head for extra protection. They must drop everything they have in their hands when they do this, but their natural armour increases by 2 when this is done. The Koopa cannot move while using Shell Retreat as its legs are pulled in. However, it can spend a full-round action to start to spin. The turn after that they can move at 40 ft, but they can only move in a straight line for every move action they take. If they want to move in a different direction, they have to end their move action first. They can also make use of the run action while using Shell Retreat. If a Koopa uses the run action while using Shell Retreat they can move up to 160 ft in a straight line every turn (200 ft if they have the Run feat).
    —Automatic Languages: Common, Auran [Koopa dialect]
    —Bonus Languages: Aquan, Dwarven, Giant, Halfling, Undercommon, Terran.
    —Favoured Class: Scout
    —LA: +0

NEW WEAPON: Koopa Throwing Hammer
    Martial, light weapon. Cost: 9 gp. Damage (Medium): 1d6. Critical: x2. Range: 30 ft. 3 lbs. Bludgeoning.
    Perfectly balanced and with a pointed and somewhat hollow head, it makes a great throwing weapon. It counts as a light martial weapon for Koopas, and as a light exotic weapon for all others. It gives a +2 bonus on Feint checks.

Winged Koopa
    Spoiler
    Show
    — -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha
    —Medium Humanoid (reptilian)
    —Base speed of 20 ft. Glide speed of 30 ft.
    —+1 natural armour
    —Shell Retreat (Ex): a Koopa has the ability to retreat back into its shell with its limbs and head for extra protection. They must drop everything they have in their hands when they do this, but their natural armour increases by 2 when this is done. The Koopa cannot move while using Shell Retreat as its legs are pulled in. However, it can spend a full-round action to start to spin. The turn after that they can move at 40 ft, but they can only move in a straight line for every move action they take. If they want to move in a different direction, they have to end their move action first. They can also make use of the run action while using Shell Retreat. If a Koopa uses the run action while using Shell Retreat they can move up to 160 ft in a straight line every turn (200 ft if they have the Run feat).
    —Flight (Ex): at 5 HD, a Winged Koopa has gained enough strength in its wings and experience with gliding to actually fly. They gain flight speed 30 feet with poor maneuverability.
    —Automatic Languages: Common, Auran [Koopa dialect]
    —Bonus Languages: Aquan, Dwarven, Giant, Halfling, Undercommon, Terran.
    —Favoured Class: Ranger

13. - Top - End - #13

PaladinGuy

I am posting in this thread solely to throw your record of where I have posted in your threads before into utter confusion.

Later I will delete this post, create another screen name exactly like this with one different letter, and post saying "Hey I remember this from Gleemax!"

Then, presumably, I will be banned and you will have a headache.

Victory is mine.

Also, if you played Dragonforce - Stat up the Immortals from them. Cause that'd be fun.

Oh!

Bangaah. We need more lizard men.
    "We speak for the dead. We are all they have when the wicked steal their voice. But we do not owe them our lives."

Roy Montgomery, NYPD Sgt., Castle

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtwasAwamps View Post
    I am posting in this thread solely to throw your record of where I have posted in your threads before into utter confusion.

Later I will delete this post, create another screen name exactly like this with one different letter, and post saying "Hey I remember this from Gleemax!"

Then, presumably, I will be banned and you will have a headache.

Victory is mine.
    *witty rebuttal*

Also, if you played Dragonforce - Stat up the Immortals from them. Cause that'd be fun.
    I have only played the band. My favourite of theirs is Soldiers of the Wasteland.

...but I presume that's not what you're talking about. I could look them up though!

Oh!

Bangaah. We need more lizard men.
    BANGAAAAAHHHH

*ahem*

Yes.

15. - Top - End - #15

PaladinGuy

...that isn't what I meant, but could you stat them up? They're pretty much a different race anyways. The game is actually Dragon Force. And is awesome.
    "We speak for the dead. We are all they have when the wicked steal their voice. But we do not owe them our lives."

Roy Montgomery, NYPD Sgt., Castle

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M-Bark View Post
    I have only played the band. My favourite of theirs is Soldiers of the Wasteland.
    But what about Storming the Burning Fields?

Anyway, I hereby request Waddle Dees from Kirby, if you could find some way to make them at all interesting.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

An attempt at Yoshi. What do you think?

Yoshi
    Spoiler
    Show

—-2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Int
    —Medium Humanoid (dragonblood, reptilian)
    —Base speed of 30 ft.
    —+1 natural armour
    —Yoshi’s have a -2 penalty to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Sense Motive checks due to Yoshi not being used to other cultures and certainly not being used to bad people. They also have a -5 penalty on Ride checks, being used more as mounts themselves rather than being the ones using the mounts. Lastly, they have a +8 bonus on Jump checks.
    —No Burden At All (Ex): Yoshi can carry greater burdens than others of their size, as if they were quadrupedal. Their carrying capacity is twice as great as normal and they can serve as mounts for creatures up to their size category.
    —Tongue (Su): A Yoshi can, as a standard action, start a Grapple with a creature within 10 ft of them. To maintain a grapple with a tongue, a Yoshi does not have to move into the square of the target. The Yoshi can try to pull the grappled creature into its mouth with an opposed Strength check. If it wins by 5 or more, it drags the creature into its space. If it wins by less than 5, it drags the creature 5 ft closer, but can’t swallow it. The Yoshi can also move towards the creature, but can't move further than 10 ft away from them due to the limited length of its tongue.
    —Unusual Body Type (Ex): Yoshi have a different build from other humanoid creatures, requiring armour, hats and shirts to be specifically made for them. Other items they can wear as normal, since their feet and arms are still similar.
    —Automatic Languages: Yoshi.
    —Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic.
    —Favoured Class: Dragonfire Adept
    —LA: +0
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2011-05-02 at 08:36 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like to request the statting up of the Teddiz from Conker's Bad Fur Day.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think they are missing vital stats. How old is a playable Yoshi? Also, where is the ability to excrete eggs?

"feet and arms still similar" should be "feet and arms are still similar".

Your tongue ability is atrocious, so let me fix that for you.

Tongue (ex): A Yoshi can grab creatures with its tongue. Yoshi's gain Improved Grapple as a bonus feat and may grapple a creature within 10 feet. To maintain a grapple with a tongue, a Yoshi does not have to move into the square of the target. As part of maintaining a grapple, a Yoshi may attempt to force the target into his square. To do so, the Yoshi and the target roll opposed strength checks. If the Yoshi succeeds on the check, the target is moved to the same square as the Yoshi. As usual, the Yoshi may move into the same square as the target the Yoshi is grappling.

Swallow Whole (su): A Yoshi has two stomachs. One of which is an extradimensional space. As a standard action, a Yoshi may attempt to eat a creature it is grappling in the same square with. The Yoshi and the target roll opposed strength checks. If the Yoshi succeeds, the target is placed into the extradimensional space, which may be escaped with a DC 30 escape artist check. If the target succeeds, the grapple ends. A Yoshi may store up to 50lb of gear or one item in this way. This ability may not be used if a creature or object is already swallowed.

Eggs (su): A Yoshi may choose to release the contents of his extradimensional space. As a swift action, it releases an egg the color of its skin containing the contents of the extradimensional space. To break the egg from the inside takes a DC 20 strength check. The egg has 15 HP and 10 hardness.
    On balance: Just because you don't agree with the level of balance doesn't mean that others cannot. While balance is objective, which balance is being aimed at is subjective.

DnD-Wiki (a place to store your homebrew) (is not DandDWiki) | My Homebrew |
    IRC: #dnd & #havvy | 5 Color Alignment | Why can't https:// links ever work around here?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Havvy View Post
    I think they are missing vital stats. How old is a playable Yoshi? Also, where is the ability to excrete eggs?
    Height, weight and age tables won't be included for most of the races as for most of those races it is also not known from the games. I did not use the ability to excrete eggs as after thinking it over a bit, I figured it would make them too strong. I wanted to create an LA+0 race, not a monster that would require a monster class to be playable at level 1. This is also why getting a target swallowed is pretty hard to do and it cannot keep the target inside of it indefinitely, as is the case with your rendition of the ability.

Also, I remember that at least one of the games had Yoshi have the ability to swallow enemies and spit them out, but not the ability to turn them into eggs. Since it's been years since I have played any Mario games, I can't remember the title, however, so I can't provide further information in that direction.

The minor grammatical error has been fixed.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Then would lowering the DC of the escape artist check to DC 20 work. The fact that your ability requires a good strength in 2 places (grapple and strength check) and gets a -2 to strength does not help it. Combined with all the skill penalties and the unusual body type, this is less than an LA 0 race. With the abilities I described, it would be equal to an LA 0 race, AND provide a utility function (I eat my teammate and sneak into the palace).

Also, where the heck is this things bonus to jump? Yoshis jump hella-high.

Edit: What are the hardness/HP of the Koopa Throwing Hammers?

Also, Koopa's could do with another minor special ability. Maybe a bonus for searching for secret traps and switches? Or maybe a climb check bonus? Or maybe darkvision (they are pretty frequent in castles after all)? Or low-light vision?
    Last edited by Havvy; 2010-11-07 at 06:31 PM.
    On balance: Just because you don't agree with the level of balance doesn't mean that others cannot. While balance is objective, which balance is being aimed at is subjective.

DnD-Wiki (a place to store your homebrew) (is not DandDWiki) | My Homebrew |
    IRC: #dnd & #havvy | 5 Color Alignment | Why can't https:// links ever work around here?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

How about some Nu Mou stats?
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

What about the most evil of all video game creatures ever spawned...

Like-likes!

or nearly as bad... Peehats!
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    The Lord of the Rings
    Farewell speech of Bilbo Baggins, Chapter 'A Long-Expected Party'.

Many thanks to onasuma and Dark Elf Bard for the adorable avatar!

24. - Top - End - #24

Also, I remember that at least one of the games had Yoshi have the ability to swallow enemies and spit them out, but not the ability to turn them into eggs.
    That would be Super Mario World. I think it should be based on Yoshi's Island, though. So I'd like to see a glide ability, too. And how comes he's a dummy

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    That would be Super Mario World. I think it should be based on Yoshi's Island, though. So I'd like to see a glide ability, too. And how comes he's a dummy
    Do you mean Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, or the one for the DS? I sadly have neither of the games and have never owned a SNES even. Most of the games for that I've only played at my best friend's house and that was years ago.

I considered giving a -2 Int penalty instead as Yoshi seems slightly below human intelligence to me (remember that this still means the average Yoshi is much smarter than the dumber humans), and Wisdom and Charisma penalties I thought fit them less. I made it -4 in the end to balance with the bonuses and actually considered giving a +4 Dex bonus and possibly the ability to use Dex instead of Str for Jump checks.

I'll re-make the Yoshi later today when I have more time and inspiration for them. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiniere View Post
    What about the most evil of all video game creatures ever spawned...

Like-likes!

or nearly as bad... Peehats!
    I think those fall more under the category of monsters rather than playable races. As such, the chance I will ever do them as races is close to nihil.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2010-11-08 at 05:41 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

How about a few Star Control races? A playable Spathi would be sweet.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-11-08 at 05:44 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Could you provide a link to more information please? I have never heard of that game.

28. - Top - End - #28

Ah, sorry. I just realized that after posting and linked it above. Here:
    Spathi.

You should also play the game, it's open source and absolutely great.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-11-08 at 05:45 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #29

Do you mean Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, or the one for the DS?
    Neither. Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, both for SNES. Haven't played any of the more recent ones...

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    You beat me to it. I was going to rather selfishly ask about the Star Control II races myself.

You can find out about them at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Control_races