New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Raging Loop

1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Raging Loop

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Generally, the baner doesn't protect from non-kill powers. That's something we sometimes do around here because there's so many anti-town powers that can exist, but usually it's just protection from killing. In fact if you check the Spider role, you'll see they only protect from the kill.

It's part of why I try to give new players a pass their first few games. I will say that if I was like...Spider, and you'd claimed Spider, I might've been willing to just let that slide 'til like d3 or something. Not worth chasing someone away with aggressive accusations when they can't even mislead town. But if you're gonna fakeclaim my infopower I can't just let that go. Sorry.

Getting new players isn't too hard, it seems we have at least one each game. Keeping them can be a chore, but that's partly just cuz it's that kinda game. This community is relatively chill (I'm in a game over on MU right now that is supposed to be a quiet game for quiet people that has reached 5700 posts by N3 ;-;), but social lying games tend to be a very "love it or hate it" kinda deal.
    Ah, see my mason power was block all power usage. As you know.

See I'd say it's not your power, but I'm pretty sure day ends in a half hour with me being lynched so I'll just wait for end of game to vindicate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Whoa, this exploded.

So Illven is claiming... Mason? Or Innocent Child?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Whoa, this exploded.

So Illven is claiming... Mason? Or Innocent Child?
    Neither, both me and Vecna are claiming crow.

[Also Bladescape but let's be honest he's ****posting.]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

annoyed Re: Raging Loop

Cool, toss my name in there too.

Hmm
    This is a puzzle. My gut is telling me NEITHER of you are wolves, because what a weird move for the non-crow to take.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2023-02-01 at 12:15 PM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Cool, toss my name in there too.

Hmm
    This is a puzzle. My gut is telling me NEITHER of you are wolves, because what a weird move for the non-cros to take.
    *rubs temples*

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Didn’t I do this as a wolf LAST GAME?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Sadly, I don't have more to add to the discussion right now. Anything I can try to decipher collapses into WIFOM.
    I do find it odd how some folk have stayed out of this discussion, but that's probably something to discuss D2.

Didn’t I do this as a wolf LAST GAME?
    You were a wolf seer, and claimed town seer with no other claimaints. So similar in a way, but different.
    But... I guess that I should include Xihirli in my list of those I could imagine making incredibly bold moves as a wolf. Just that point usually doesn't really factor into my analysis of Xihirli because she makes those moves regardless of alignment and, at times, discernible logic.

And her post sows a seed of doubt in my mind if Xi claims any power role... which makes me want to trust her as town because that's a strange thing for a wolf to do... but makes me want to doubt her as town because...
    A WIFOM spiral started by Xihirli is a tricky thing to be in.

I’ve worked very hard to cultivate this image specifically so that it can’t be used against me.

It still only SOMETIMES works.
    You have done well.
    I remember, several games ago, you talked about winning at playing the long game while you were losing a particular game of Mafia. I think I get what you were getting at.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    You have done well.
    I remember, several games ago, you talked about winning at playing the long game while you were losing a particular game of Mafia. I think I get what you were getting at.
    I haven't checked my own win/loss rate, but I think it's worse than 50/50.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99

My last will and testament. When I'm lynched, scry VECNA.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Will do!
    Wait, darn it!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

@Illven
    Did you have any response to my "pockety" comment?

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    @Illven
    Did you have any response to my "pockety" comment?
    I was told to give three town readings. I figured if I didn't I'd be sussed, you seem genuine but the reason I posted you last is cause you are my weakest read. Borderline NAI.

Like honestly what am I supposed to say, if you feel I'm pocketing you, I doubt me going "I'm not, honest!" is going to convince you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to change my vote to Zelphas on a re-read I realized I have only 4 votes against me, not the 5 I thought they're were.

Still behind, but one more change to parity.
    Last edited by Illven; 2023-02-01 at 01:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

SwashbucklerGuy

Eh, that's a fair answer.

Were it anyone other than AV (well, and Xihirli) making the counterclaim, I'd probably believe it, but I'm just picking up on weird vibes here AV.
    Last edited by Persolus; 2023-02-01 at 01:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Eh, that's a fair answer.

Were it anyone other than AV (well, and Xihirli) making the counterclaim, I'd probably believe it, but I'm just picking up on weird vibes here AV.
    I would advise you, to pick Zelphas, Not that I think Zelph is a wolf, but because that would put me and Zelph on vote parity.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Zelphas then. I hope to have at least one death checked.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

16. - Top - End - #106

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Vote Count #2
    Show
    4 VOTES
    Illven: bladescape, AvatarVecna, Zelphas, Jeenleen
    Zelphas: Illven, Snowblaze, Lady Serpentine, Taffimai

2 VOTES
    Snowblaze: Xihirli, Book Wombat

1 VOTE
    Persolus: Squork

NO VOTES
    Bladescape:
    Book Wombat:
    Xihirli:
    JeenLeen:
    Cazero
    Taffimai
    Armonia13
    Squork
    Lady Serpentine

PLEASE VOTE
    Armonia13

Edit: goofed up the formatting + ninja'd
    Last edited by Persolus; 2023-02-01 at 01:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Thought you weren't gonna trust anything we said until a seer confirmed something. But I guess you're walking that back too.

AV experience: watch every counterclaim in existence get automatically trusted and checked except when you do it. Unsurprising but still aggravating.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #108

Thought you weren't gonna trust anything we said until a seer confirmed something. But I guess you're walking that back too.

AV experience: watch every counterclaim in existence get automatically trusted and checked except when you do it. Unsurprising but still aggravating.
    Gee, I wonder why the crow doesn't trust your counterclaim.

Persolus, join together and we can complete at least one body check.
    Last edited by Illven; 2023-02-01 at 01:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

RedKnightGirl

Votecount:

Persolus 1: Squork
    Ilven 4: Zelphas, AV, Bladescape, JeenLeen
    Snow 2: Wombat, Xihirli
    Zelphas 4: Snow, Serpentine, Illven, Taffimai
    AV 2: Cazero, Persolus

Not voting: Armonia

Did not check for strikethroughs.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Gee, I wonder why the crow doesn't trust your counterclaim.
    Of course the person fakeclaiming is gonna pretend to not trust my real claim. It's everyone else hemming and hawing and biting their fingernails that's the issue. Especially because I know in my heart (and also because at least one of them has said as much out loud) is that it's only doubted because it's me.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #111

RedKnightGirl

By both of you, obviously, which requires someone not-Illven not-you dying today.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course the person fakeclaiming is gonna pretend to not trust my real claim. It's everyone else hemming and hawing and biting their fingernails that's the issue. Especially because I know in my heart (and also because at least one of them has said as much out loud) is that it's only doubted because it's me.
    Fwiw I'd want to keep both alive regardless of who it was, and yes that comment bothered me too.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

It's everyone else hemming and hawing and biting their fingernails that's the issue.
    Wich would be what, two people?
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Wich would be what, two people?
    everyone who isn't voting Illven. If this was anyone else counterclaiming a fake info claim, every single person in the game would be piling in to vote the fake claimant. 10 of the 14 players aren't voting the wolf who's been caught trying to wriggle free from the lynch after they got sussed early.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #114

everyone who isn't voting Illven. If this was anyone else counterclaiming a fake info claim, every single person in the game would be piling in to vote the fake claimant. 10 of the 14 players aren't voting the wolf who's been caught trying to wriggle free from the lynch after they got sussed early.
    I'll have to take your word for it, that the first to claim is the first to die. But the reason people aren't exactly eager to start a lynching is that this is a lower risk wolf mislynch then a normal game.

Cause A) I don't auto-flip. And B)There's a 1 in 10, 1 in 11 chance you gank the seer this night, and then you can't be scryed until you fail to reveal a monkey death.

25. - Top - End - #115

SwashbucklerGuy

@Squork Serious vote please
    Illven
    Last edited by Persolus; 2023-02-01 at 02:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

RedKnightGirl

Maybe a wolf fakeclaiming when they know they're going to get counterclaimed rather than just pushing someone else with their buddies is not as believable to others as it is to you.

You're writing from the perspective of knowing for a fact who the faker is. We don't, and I at least see possibilities for both of you.

27. - Top - End - #117

@Squork Serious vote please
    Illven
    Can you explain why you're voting for me?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Maybe a wolf fakeclaiming when they know they're going to get counterclaimed rather than just pushing someone else with their buddies is not as believable to others as it is to you.

You're writing from the perspective of knowing for a fact who the faker is. We don't, and I at least see possibilities for both of you.
    Maybe you're just her ****ing scumbuddy who's been trying to undercut my counterclaim from the single solitary second I started softing it because you knew it was incoming.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

To be fair this game does give an oddness to fakeclaiming (especially related to Crow) that makes doubting a counterclaimer more legitimate than in most games.
    BUT that same oddness is the main reason it makes sense for a wolf to fakeclaim Crow if in the lead. Which is why -- plus some odd vibes from her posts (pocketing; maybe hinting in a way to be baner or medic; that timestamp thing with when game started that WIFOMed me too much to evaluate) -- I've stayed on the Illven wagon.

Back to the personal edge: so some of it is mechanics. But I agree most of it is probably that you have a reputation which leads to some unfairness.

30. - Top - End - #120

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Can you explain why you're voting for me?
    Was always going to vote for you, wanted to see what would happen if it looked like parity/you being believed was happening.